Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Wagon [SJO]

Marl was led by the hand to a nearby park bench. [member="Zavii"] patted her hand next to where she sat down. He sat down next to her as she pulled up a holorecording of her parents. 2 tiny figures appeared and stood on the platform of the holocomm. They began addressing their audience and talking about their daughter, who he was sitting right next to. As they began playing Marl paid deeper and deeper attention to the tune and the lyrics. Marl found himself tapping his foot to the beat of the tune. As it ended the parents again addressed the audience, but the woman she addressed the recorder. Sophii. Her previously classified name was Sophii. This made Marl speculate why she didnt give out her real name. He looked over to her to ask, but there were tears coming down her face as she explained to him why she wanted to play so badly. Marl who was typically as sympathetic as a rock did his best to try and comfort her.

“Hey, hey.” Marl said softly he began rubbing her back gently with his hand, he didn’t know if this was proper.

During his time on Coruscant he had visited the Jedi temple and observed a youngling cry because they couldn’t properly do a move correctly. The Jedi master warmly rubbed the kid on the back with her hand to help him calm down and asked him to focus and try again.

“I’m not that in-tune with my emotions, but one thing is obvious. Your lucky to have parents that love you and are proud of you.” Marl said smiling.

“You know the closest thing I have to a parent is a test tube.” Marl said chuckling, hoping that would cheer her up a bit.

"I know i am, i know," Zavii sniffed, then sighed, wiping her sleeve across her eyes. Thankfully she hadn't lost all control, as she had when she first received the holorecording on her sixteenth birthday. Instead she laughed at Marl's test-tube joke and leaned her head on him. "None of that matters though, not really. We'll always have Silver blood."

[member="Marl"]

Marl watched as [member="Zavii"] reeled herself back in wiping the tears on her sleeve as she laughed at Marl’s test tube joke, which he was glad about cause he wasn’t sure if it was funny. Marl’s lack of was typically due to him being a pretty serious person. He was, as described by many ranger cadets, “stone-cold”, escpecially in front of others. Zavii, however, was different than most people. Typically he’d never allow someone to lean their head on his shoulder. But Marl had never met someone as emotional as Zavii. It felt... nice for that kind of change. Marl hadn’t felt this kind of emotional attachment since he was a kid with Zarzuela, but even this connection that he began to feel with Zavii was different, something he hadn’t felt before.

“You’re right,” Marl grinned. “Silver until death do us part.”

((OOC: I'm so sorry...I didn't get notified of the tag :c))

Epistor smiled slightly herself at the equally charming man before her, though she bowed her head in something like apology. "Very well," she conceded. "Only Pash, for now.

"I am to be a Jedi Shadow," the padawan explained. "Jyoti Nooran is my master. The path seems so very intriguing. I've only been here a barely a week, but I've been with the Order for a month before. On my world." She paused, and then a small giggle bubbled up from her throat, though it was not easy to tell if she found her topic funny or uncomfortable. "It is a long story." A wave of her hand, gently dismissive. "You do not want to hear of it.

"If not a Jedi, then what are you training to be?" she asked, not meaning any disrespect. Quickly, she realized that her intentions might be mistaken, so she added, "Forgive the ignorance."

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
As Epistor answered his questions, Pash sipped at the fruited beverage he had picked up, his attention fixed upon the Sargus Novian. He nodded slightly at the mention of the Shadows, though the newly arrived Matukai new next to nothing of the nature of the mysterious sounding Shadows. It was the first time of many he would hear the name Jyoti Nooran, a notable master among the Silver Jedi.

"An intriguing path it seems, and I can only judge by the name." He replied politely. The shallowly skimmed explanation of her affiliation with the Order appeared even more curious with her small laugh. "Perhaps another time, I will hear that story." Pash continued, cocking his head ever so slightly to the side, his grin curling rakishly at the corner. Wishing not to press his new acquaintance, he moved on to answer her inquiry.

Pash laughed kindly to dismiss Epistor's apology of ignorance, his was not a well-known or easily identified discipline, at least without his wan shen. "No need to apologize. I am not so much training to be anything, as I have already received my training at the hands of my mother and father. I am an Adept of the Matukai path of the Force. It would be similar to a Knight among the Jedi. Though, I do seek to learn more of the ways of the Jedi, informally. Among you, I am but a learner." Pash smiled humbly, offering a mock bow, as if to disguise his pilfering of yet another of the loukoumades.

[member="Epistor"]

"Another time." Epistor nodded. The events that brought her here were no secret--just overly complicated to be told at a first meeting. Perhaps it would cease to be if they met again. "Yes, that."

She was all smiles today, but she had reason to be. This Pash seemed 'good' enough to her, no matter what he thought of himself.

"The Matukai," she repeated, testing the word on her tongue. She had not heard of that path, but she had not been learning long, and she had much yet to understand even the basis of the rest of the galaxy. "I cannot say that I know of it."

Reaching behind her, Epistor took one of her baked goods as well, thinking that she had left them out to the guests long enough to finally help herself to just one. "I mean not to impose," she continued. "Sargus Novis was quite isolated. I find myself...unprepared for much the galaxy has to offer me now. But I am a learner as well, a Padawan, slowly gaining her footing."

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
Pash's smile persisted, encouraged by Epistor's easy, engaging nature. He found that he did indeed hope there would be a time he could learn more of the woman's journey to the Silver Jedi.

"Please, you are not imposing. The Jedi have welcomed me into their temple, I certainly won't keep from them, or you, who I am. Perhaps we both have something to share at ...another time." There was a twinkle in his eye as he took a bite of the pastry. "And it appears we both have much to learn from the the Jedi. Congratulations on your initiation into the order."

His gaze again dropped to the disc, partially concealed by Epistor's garments. Pash had over her the woman tell Stephanie Swails that it was a discus, used for sport. "May I ask how that works?" Pash indicated with a nod towards the curious item.

[member="Epistor"]

Epistor glanced down at her discus, following [member="Pash Tafo"]'s gaze. Quickly, her eyes resurfaced to reconnect with his. "One throws it." She made a gentle tossing motion, though it was not at all accurate to how one threw it, before glancing around her. "Spins around and..." she trailed off, thinking. There were too many people around, and priceless-looking things. The young padawan did not was a repeat of her infamous, novice mistake on his farm with the herd entrusted to her, and her angry father.

Turning back, she shook her head slightly, more to herself than to the Matukai Adept. "If you wish for a demonstration, it will wait until that other time you speak of." She rose her eyebrows and pursed her lips, nodding sideways. "Space providing, of course. I can throw it 75 meters with the right conditions, and it may not look it, but it's actually quite dangerous."

Pash Tafo

P
Once Epistor began her simple description of how her discus worked, Pash felt a bit silly. It was then apparent to him that the device was used exactly how one would have thought. It was like the lightweight discs he had seen some children play with on a few different worlds. Epistor's discus, however, crafted of wood and metal, would not ride the wind like the children's. He could imagine the Sargus Novian was correct when she said it could be dangerous, and his eyebrows raised when she declared the distance she could reach with the discus.

"I understand your hesitation to demonstrate it here." He quipped, looking around at their companions milling about the courtyard. "Again, another time."

Pash made quick work of the pastry, followed by another swig of the crimson drink. Others were gathering at the table to sample the foods laid out. He turned again to Epistor.

"I shouldn't monopolize your time, I am sure there are others who are as curious about you as I am. But I will hold you to that 'other time', Padawan Epistor." Pash grinned widely and bowed slightly. He would most certainly be looking up the charming young Sargus Novian athlete.

-[member="Epistor"]

When it raines, it pours.
Siver Rest/SJO Temple
Courtyard

Samara gave her traditional Jedi robes a tug and smoothed a hand over her golden head before exiting the temple building out into the courtyard. This was the first time the padawan had been on Kashyyyk, but more importantly to the Silver Jedi Order's new home. She had not been on Voss when the Order had to move urgently and rebuild itself after the galactic battles that devastated them.

No, the apprentice healer rather had been studying aboard as they say, traveling to different enclaves and medical facilities to learn a broader range of medicine. The once padawan learner of [member="Valae Kitra"] was eager to visit with the Jedi Master again; to share all that she had learned.

But for now, the young Vorzydian would be happy to mingle with those gathered, hopefully meeting new friends and perhaps seeing old for she knew that the Grandmaster was very busy with her duties as a whole. Samara would make an appointment with the Master Healer so she could have her medical privileges reinstated within the Silver Circle, and renew her apprenticeship if still available.

@Open to any

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Ar'ekk had taken an appreciation to walk around the gardens every morning before breakfast, before the sun rose and after that as well. The silence brought him peace and tranquility as he attuned himself with the Force to feel every living thing sorrounding Kashyyyk, homeworld of the Wookiees and now the Silver Jedi.

Voss was a distant echo, one he ceased to remember over a decade ago. What happened to his former master, [member="Rasu Gan"]? His Jedi friend [member="Celiana"]? Questions unanswered for another time.

It was already afternoon and it became a habit to stay by himself, overlooking the horizon by the courtyard with his hands behind his back and eyes closed. Breathing in and out, the signature hissing of his mask being the only sound hearable in the vicinity. Whoever approached him would be welcomed with a smile and a bow, a friendly gesture. It was nice for a change, from the Smuggler's Moon to this.

[member="Samara Raine"]

As those already gathered were in small groups talking, Samara decided to stop at the refreshment table and get something to drink before exploring the courtyard further. At least the weather here was about the same as Voss and Monastery. Deneba had been too hot and dry for her taste. Humidity in fair amounts didn't bother the Vorzydian too much especially if a soft breeze helped to circulate the air. And today, it happened to be a perfect day to be outdoors enjoying the beautiful visage that Kashyyyk had to display.

The lazy stroll through the gardens helped to refresh the apprentice healer after her journey home. Samara was used to being alone, though it was nice to be amongst her peers again; family as they were even if not blood related.

As the honey blonde came around a corner on the path she was on, her sea green orbs gazed upon another Jedi standing in a mediative stance overlooking the horizon. The medical student couldn't help but pick up on the hissing noise of the man's respirator mask. There seemed to be an elongated expiratory wheeze if she wasn't mistaken. His eyes opened as Samara approached. He offered a smile with a friendly bow allowing her to join him.

"Hello," Sam smiled back with a cant of her own head in respect as she stepped up beside [member="Arekk"]. "I hope I did not disturb you. I am Padawan Samara Raine."

Kiran Arlos

K
A little welcome committee, or at perhaps a house warming party was called to order it seemed like. Kiran wasn't too sure what it was exactly, just a simple get together with to get the members closer together and developed a higher level of companionship between the fellow Jedi.

He only knew one truth....that there was alcohol available. Which to be quite honest was slightly funny to the young man as he walked down the steps and glanced around as many had arrived and had started conversing with each other already. He would act like he could drink a lot, but in reality one glass of whiskey could essentially put the young man away for the evening. Kiran finished the short trek down the steps and he made his way towards the bar and asked for a small glass of whiskey to settle his mood and nerves as he glanced around to those with a smile on his face.

"Thanks." Kiran whispered as he took his drink from the bartender, raising his glass to him slightly before moving towards the small clearing next to some trees as he glanced up towards the sky. This looked to be a good day, and he hoped to get out and explore.

Arekk

"I'm Ar'ekk."

His eyes slowly opened to greet the young Padawan beside him and turned to take a good look at her, bowing in return. She was an apprentice and he could see it in the way she carried herself. The sights of teachers and apprentices was not strange in the gardens as most of them took the time of the day to teach and learn about the many different lessons of the Jedi.

He felt serene and in tranquility after a few minutes of meditation and meeting other people were always a welcome thing to do, specially in a place like the Silver Rest. Too many years cut off from communicating that the bridge was finally being rebuilt to adjust that.

"Please, no. You're okay. How are you doing?"

[member="Samara Raine"]

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
Tyluko strode into the party dressed in the ceremonial robes of his people, with his B1 battle droid by his side. He took a deep breath, inhaling in the fresh air that Kashyyyk had to offer. He looked around around at all of the decorations and smiling faces. He did not know many of the people here and he wasn't too surprised, for it had been sometime that he had been around the order. After the toils and horrors of the Midvinter campaign, he had been spending most of his time back on his home planet of Mon Calamari. He did so because he needed time to heal after the terrible things he witnessed and the injuries that he had sustained. He subconsciously rubbed the mark on his dorsal crest that had been caused by Devaronian poison. But in addition to all that he also now had a young Valkyrie orphan that he was watching over as well.

His mind briefly wandered back to the horrors of that day: The screams, the death, and destruction. The Sith had truly left their mark that day and in doing so had ruined the lives of countless innocents; including Thonro, the Valkyrie boy he now looked after. Since he had been gone for so long he was largely unaware of the changes that the Order had undergone, including the change in leadership and location as well. He liked Kashyyyk though, the planet was full of life and Tyluko was eager to explore it. But first he was going to take this opportunity to meet some newcomers into the order.

As he walked through the crowd he noticed a man sitting down on a bench with a young girl. The girl was upset about something but the man quickly reassured and calmed her. There was something familiar about the man but he just couldn't put his finger on it. He looked up at his droid Oomy to ask him about it, but before he could say a word he noticed that his droid was staring intensely at the man.

"Oomy? What's wrong?"

[member="Zavii"] [member="Marl"]

The young Zabrak gave a soft sigh and sat upright again, taking care not to scratch Marl's arm with her horns as she did so with a gentle smile. "Silver Jedi 'till I die," she answered back just as a strange being walked up with a brightly blue painted droid, which she recognized as an old Nemoidian battle droid from the Clone Wars. After a quick glance at Marl to gauge the old trooper's reaction, she said "They probably know each other. This droid owes you money, doesn't it, Marl?" she nudged the clone with her elbow, trying to keep the mood light. There was no way that after all this time an old droid would still follow CIS programming, was there? Especially given the fact that it seemed to belong to this alien who was clearly some kind of Jedi.

[member="Marl"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

[member="Arekk"]

"Thank you," Sam nodded appreciatively, taking a couple of steps closer so they may talk though still keeping an appropriate distance to be comfortable. "I am doing well. This is my first time to Kashyyyk, and Silver Rest. I am in awe... I thought the temple on Voss was beautiful, but this is even more I think."

The padawan felt bad that she had not been there to help her fellow Silver Jedi defend their homeworld, but her destiny had taken the apprentice healer elsewhere. Now with her advanced medical training, perhaps Samara would prove to be more of an asset, and be able to help more readily especially with the galaxy in such a chaotic mess. The darkness was spreading like a plague across the galaxy.

"And you? Have you been here long?" the honey blonde asked in like of the war veteran, then took a sip of the iced tea in hand; the refreshing cold drink wetting her parched throat and helping to calm Sam's nerves as she tended to be shy until getting to know someone.

Arekk

Ar'ekk returned the gesture with a brief nod, giving Samara his undivided attention. The distance kept between them was good enough to stablish a good flowing conversation plus he enjoyed some company, something that he appreciated even further now.

"First time too. After long ten years... Voss was my last time, shortly before the war in Malachor V against the Sith."

He felt awful just talking about, his knees getting weaker and feeling a rush in his spine every single time that doomed place was mentioned. The half masked Jedi kept talking about it because people asked and without wanting to be rude, the man obliged.

"Voss was something else. But nothing remains from that place, only a memorial."

[member="Samara Raine"]

Oomy stared intensely at the man. He knew what he was; A clone trooper of the old Galactic Republic. Oomy was constructed to counter clones like this man, to engage them on the battlefields of countless planets across the galaxy in service to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Many clones had fallen under his blaster and many droids have most likely fallen to this man as well.

But that.....was all in the past. Oomy recognized the past allegiances that he once had and that at one point in time this clone was once his enemy. But, now they both stand together under the banner of the Silver Jedi, owing allegiance to the order. To hold a grudge with this organic over a war waged centuries ago would be....illogical. Oomy looked to his master and gave him a slight nod before walking up to the clone and the young Zabrak. Oomy looked at the man for a while before finally speaking.

"I am surprised to see another veteran of the age old Clone Wars, I did not think I'd ever see a Clone trooper again."

[member="Tyluko Dubykee"] [member="Zavii"] [member="Marl"]

​After she and her companion split, Epistor found herself wandering the courtyard. Most beings seemed to be engaged in conversation with one or another already, and she did not wish to interject. Not yet, at least.

As she wandered out from under the grand table's canopy, she shielded her eyes with her hand and turned her eyes to the sky. Not a single grey cloud. All that remained of white ones were the wispy tails prophesying a clear day. As she moved, the padawan slid the purple mantle from her shoulder, and folded and draped it instead over her arm. And she could not help but smile to herself, thinking about, if her brother was here, or they had been grace with a day like this on their world, what they would do with it. A race, maybe? A joust to test his newest creations? Or just take the herd out to a sunny plain and inevitably fall asleep?

Her gaze fell upon a young man standing alone a ways off, whom she approached. "Pardon the intrusion," she began. "Would you mind some company?"

~ [member="Kiran Arlos"] ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom