Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wedding Woe: CIS Dominion of Woostri Hex

2W1oySC.png

[SIZE=9pt]Location: Lower decks[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]Wearing: xxx[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]Objective: Find the bride and punish those responsible[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Eli-Mae had slipped away from the main wedding party, she wasn’t one for the comforting of the public while the bride was still missing in action. That being said she decided to make her way to the lower decks knowing there would be more places to hide on the lower decks. Even being in heels the petite redhead’s steps were very near silent, she had trained herself to walk quietly knowing that stealth was often the most important asset while on a mission. Her hips swayed gently as she quietly made her way down the steps to yet another lower deck, she had already cleared a couple of the higher decks.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Her weapons stayed in their holsters hidden under her skirt, the reasoning behind this was that in the missions she had gone on that bargaining should always be the first option considered for when a weapon had to be drawn, at least to the young knight, no one really won, this point had been proven by the battle at Shadow Point.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Eli-Mae took several measures to ensure that she would not be detected until she wanted to be, the main one being that she cloaked her force signature. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]The small girl found it strange that she appeared to be the only one who had made it to the lower decks, she had figured it would have been a common thought that the bride would be brought down to the lower levels as to hide her easier, the knight also knew that the Crucible was after the cyber data that they could get from the databases that could be accessed from using part of the bride’s DNA.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]With all of this rushing through her mind she would make her way quietly around the next corner[/SIZE]

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Objective: Help out
Tags: [member="Eli-Mae Forrest"]

Red was trying to calm down the crowd, when he noticed [member="Eli-Mae Forrest"] slip away from the crowd. Hmm. Suspicious. Red would have to investigate it.

Red slipped out of the crowd and followed her to the lower levels. Soon after, Red lost her.

"Dang. Lost her. She moves fast" Red grumbles to himself.

Red continued to walk down the hall, trying to find her.

Red turns a corner, and runs right into her.

Red stumbles back, surprised, his hand on his pistol on his utility belt. When he saw who it was, he didn't relax, he stayed on guard.

"I noticed you at the party. Where are you going? You just slipped away. Kind of suspicious, if you ask me." Red said, questioningly.

uWe9rNy.png
[SIZE=9pt]Location: Main Hall[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]Wearing: Dress[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=9pt]Objective: Calm the crowd[/SIZE]​

McKenna stood in the hall among the other guest, however unlike the rest of the guests the small girl kept her composure, she stayed calm, keeping her breathing steady and her heart rate low. She would look from face to face, most were frozen in fear or disbelief, she could understand that the majority were scared but she had shifted her mindset from one of a wedding guest to one of a soldier. She looked around the room and noted that the Bith band had all but left the stage. It was then that the idea struck her, music was the best way to calm the feral beast as the saying went however instead of a beast it was the crowd.

She approached the bandstand and began to think, she could sing and play a few instruments, but her voice was the best bet she assumed. It was at that point that some members of the band started to return to the room, the first to make their way back to the bandstand played the Fanfar, she spoke to him for a moment before beginning to sing.

Her voice was clear as a bell and she sung at a moderate volume and before long the room began to grow quiet as the Fanfar joined her playing a soft melodious tune.

Singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIgSH9TIxTI

2W1oySC.png
[SIZE=9pt]Location: Lower Decks[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Wearing:xxx[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Objective: Get some answers[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Tag: [/SIZE][member="Subject 73 Red"]​
[SIZE=9pt]Eli heard footsteps coming from behind her, the young woman wasn’t at all worried about what the person wanted. As she turned around the man rounded the corner and ran right into her sending her sprawling on the floor. It was about 2 seconds before she was on her feet once more and moved in close to the man her blue eyes burning with anger, the man was 6 inches taller than her but she knew she was faster. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As the man began to question the woman her anger only grew, how could he suspect her of being a traitor, he must not know who he was speaking to “Do you have any idea who you are speaking to? I am knight Eli-Mae Forrest of the Wardens, I was invited to this wedding as a friend of the bride, also I happen to be looking for my friend so if you would get the kark out of my way you scruffy looking Nerf herder that would be lovely” she said in a low voice and with that she turned making her way further in, hoping that the man hadn’t alerted the kidnappers[/SIZE]

Subject 73 Red

Objective: Help out in anyway possible
Tags: [member="Eli-Mae Forrest"]

Red smiled, then, he started chuckling lightly. He found that tirade amusing. He liked people like that, who were feisty and set on a mission, they reminded him of himself, showing how stuck up he could be sometimes. It reminded him why he was there, and how he got there.

Red followed after [member="Eli-Mae Forrest"] . "I'm sorry, Lady Forrest. I had no idea I was speaking to someone of such stature and rank. Although, you can understand why I am suspicious. Someone important just got kidnapped, and my job was to protect and guard the wedding. I failed my mission, and now I must do whatever it takes to bring her back. Also, you slipped out of the party, without informing an someone or an officer where you were going, which is kind of suspicious, so you must understand why I am suspicious. My name is Agent Red, of the CIS. Freelancer, detective, commando. So, where should we start first?" Red said, surprisingly courteous and eager, seeing as how she just insulted him. Like stated earlier, he liked people with a fiery attitude. Also, he was very eager to help. Red liked helping others, it made him feel good about himself and the world, as he normally doesn't feel like that.

I am a son of the Mountain.
uWe9rNy.png

[member="Madalena Antares"]

test5.png

Once the ship came to land on the planet, To'Kola's sunburnt eyes gazed over the controls. The shuttle had been taken from one of The Crucible's splinter agents, yet there was not much that the ship said about the man or his duties. In fact, the shuttle was impressively plain. There were no personal effects in the cargo hold or even past ventures on the ship's log. All the ship had were the fundamental basics to sustain life, such as food and water. Even the sleeping area was as standard as it could be. Whoever The Crucible was, they were very careful.

To'Kola glanced back to the dead body, wishing he had not killed the man who had been using the ship. If there was any information to be had, it was long gone now. However, To'Kola had not been in his right mind. Hell, he was beginning to worry if this man was even a part of The Crucible. No, he had heard it. Uttered from the man's mouth just before the Sandali warrior had struck him down. As sure as To'Kola had life in his chest, this man had served The Crucible, but how?

The rear ramp to the ship opened up and light flooded into the cargo hold. To'Kola turned from it, his eyes closing a bit before he made his way down the walkway. When his bare feet were met with sand his face contorted in confusion. His eyes roamed the scenery before him and immediately he was able to recognize the planet.

"Woostri." He muttered, something about the planet feeling...off.

The Force flowed around him in vicious crashing waves. It was so uneven...so hard to control. It called out to him in angry screams as opposed to the silent whispers it had once blessed him with. It came to the point where his head was pounding and he could barely make sense of The Force. He fell to a knee, pressing his hands to his temple, what was going on?

Why was The Force in such turmoil within?

In reality, it was not the Force that was in turmoil, it was To'Kola himself. His rage had been silent but powerful to the point where The Force that shifted and flowed around him had grown dark and corrupted. It screamed for vengeance for the life that had been stripped from To'Kola.

It was not merely the Force, but the Dark Side.

V3WrRJK.png
w. [member="Kirk Tektus"] - [member="John Locke"] - [member="Ciri Jade"] | Armor and Gear: xxx
Everyone seemed to look at Kaden funny when he suggested they could always just blow the databank to keep people out of it. Clearly he was not the right person to be fiddling with technical equipment. All of them seemed to think it was a great last option, which was how Kaden had intended for it to come across. Just one look at his armor and the way he carried himself would tell them all they needed to know about him. Kaden was a combatant, he always had been. From his early years as a ten year old fighting in the Mandalorian Civil War, the time spent fighting in the combat pits on Yasha's birthday, to the creatures he had killed in the Netherworld just to stay alive, Kaden knew one thing thing intimately well. Kaden was a destructive force, a killer, and he would not blink even once at the idea of being ordered to kill. It was the ruthless side of him which anyone who had been alongside him in battle knew.

It seemed they needed a better way into the databank. Kaden knew the bride had been taken for a reason, perhaps she was the key. A biometric key was not unheard of, and likely the best possible solution to some of the issues [member="Kirk Tektus"] was having with getting into the system. Kaden shrugged however, he was not an expert after all.

"Why aren't we just blasting our way in again? The longer the Cabal has the bride the less likely she is getting out of this alive right? I mean if they can't use her for what they want... what reason would they have to keep her alive?"

Kaden shrugged as he headed to the door.

"Maybe I should just keep watch and make sure no one with hostile intent tries to get in here and stop you from what you're doing."

2W1oySC.png
[SIZE=9pt]Location: Lower Decks[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Objective: Find the Bride[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=9pt]Tag: [/SIZE][member="Subject 73 Red"]​

[SIZE=9pt]Eli would look at the man with a sneer, who was he to tell her that she had to report to someone every move she was going to make, he was no one to her order nor did she take orders from anyone. She would continue walking hoping he would find his way away from her, not surprisingly though he continued to speak, only irritating the young knight even more, the small girl would turn on her heels and sneer at the man, she was not happy with him at all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“First off you are no one to me, I don’t report my actions to anyone and for kark’s sake I don’t take orders from anyone, I do as I please. And as for where we start, there is no we, only me and my mission. You start by getting away from me, if you want to help go look elsewhere” The small redhead said softly but with venom in every word. As she continued her search for the bride. Her footsteps maintained silence though she knew that if the kidnappers were anywhere around here they would have the jump on her now that the man had given them away.[/SIZE]

Subject 73 Red

[member="Eli-Mae Forrest"]

Red raised an eyebrow

"There's no one around miss. We're the only ones down here. Couldn't you tell?"

Then, suddenly, Red appeared right in front of her.

Red smiled.

"I'm more skilled than what I may seem, ma'am. Don't judge people based on appearances."

Kerstan Blackmoore

K
uWe9rNy.png
w. [member="Áine"] | wearing: xxx
Weddings. Kerstan was not sure what his opinions were about the matter. His father had married for what seemed love and political expediency. However, Kerstan also saw it as an old fashioned mechanism which had long outlived its usefulness. What was the point in committing a lifetime to someone that would eventually grow distant with age and time. Even Kerstan had abandoned the one he loved for what he deemed a betrayal. Many did not share his position on the subject, but the Sith Lord would rather remain free from such bonds to do as he saw fit. If he were to commit his life to one, there would be no need for a public ceremony to profess his undying love and never ending commitment to the other. The party which he was walking into was another matter entirely.

Kerstan understood why such a thing could be celebrated. Whether it could be said that Áine had forgiven him, or simply tired of torturing him, being with the one his soul and body desired had made him want to celebrate. It had been a private celebration between the two, filled with as much wine and alcohol as the red haired mynx desired. The pair also drank deep of each other in the days which had followed, and continued to do so when their paths crossed. It was an odd thing how they were two very independent people, and yet when in the same room always found themselves to be attached. Yes, Kerstan also asked for her to accompany him at times. However, she was not beholden to his every whim, and she had been sure to make him understand that to be the case.

Today they attended together, Áine on his arm, and glass of wine in the other hand. The Cabal had kidnapped the bride which saw a delay to the ceremony, but also caused the hosts to move those who were neither helpful, nor able to leave, into the reception hall. Kerstan was not incapable of being helpful, he simply did not wish to be. This was not his problem and his loyalties were to himself above anything else. The Confederacy were a means to an end. His alliance with the Eternal Empire was a means to an end, and the Sith knew that would require his involvement in certain things. This was not one of them. As he moved about the floor with the demon of lust at his side, Kerstan simply took in what the event had to offer.

"Another wedding... almost another happy couple. I do hope they find her," Kerstan said to the woman with him simply to make idle chatter. "There are other things we could have been doing with our time. Mayhaps we should find where the King Suite is on this ship and see what it might have to offer for a diversion."

Kerstan handed his glass of wine to his creation as he allowed his eyes to wander all over her. She always dressed to capture and keep his attention. While it was known that like his father, Kerstan's eyes would wander, then never did when Áine was present. She was the object of his lust and desire. She was all things to him, and more. She was the reason he did not believe in weddings. The two shared something much deeper than any man would share with his bride, and yet the two were not married. Áine was his in ways she could never be to anyone else, and the same was true of Kerstan. He belonged to the fire haired assassin in ways he could never belong to another woman. They simply were.

His lips grazed her ear as he moved closer enough to whisper.

"Your dress shows just enough to have my mind fixated on something other than this reception."

Áine

Á
uWe9rNy.png
[member=Kerstan Blackmoore] | Wearing: [xxx]

Áine had to admit, upon receiving an invitation to the wedding, her initial reaction had been to turn it down. Weddings were a needless display of grandiose, and that was coming from a woman raised in the heart of opulence. However, that was just a mild irritation that tied together with the real reason weddings were so disliked to the experiment. It was less about the flashy decor and the finely tailored garments, and more about the idea of committing yourself to someone for your entire life. Perhaps it worked for humans, their lifespans were pitifully short and held barely a flame to her own, but not to someone who had no real idea how long she was going to live for.

Five hundred years had gone by since she stepped out of the pod, and if she lived for half as long as her creator's species did then she had barely scratched the surface. Áine wasn’t designed to spend the remainder of her years chained to another soul. Though her appearance did not suggest it, she was a predator. She did not belong in a trap. There was only one who had dared come close to earning the right to call the huntress his. At first, it had irked at her sensibilities, tugged at the very nature of who she was, the core of what he himself had created her for, but time apart had seen their relationship change.

Kerstan had once told her that absence made the heart grow fonder, but it took five hundred years and then some for her to realise he was telling the truth. Perfectly painted lips peeled back to reveal an amused grin that she flashed toward the man in question. ‘I hardly imagine that’s true. I know you, you’re enjoying the carnage.’ She responded to his chatter in kind, the same bright smile lighting up the corners of her emerald eyes. ‘As am I. I have to admit, it’s the best wedding I’ve ever been too.’

Eagerly, she accepted the glass of wine he offered out and brought it to her lips. Once the sour note of the crimson liquid had all but slipped away, Áine offered her creator a sly, telling look. ‘I’m sure nobody will notice if we slip away for a private tour.’ She could feel his eyes tracing a path across her frame, they burnt a pleasant heat into her pale skin. His were perhaps the only set of eyes she had ever allowed to glance at her that way. They demanded her attention, commanded what they willed of her, and though she despised it she was always eager to obey.

A pale hand reached up to caress the skin on her ear where his soft, breathy words had come to rest. ‘Please…’ She teased back in the same tender tone. ‘...it’s never the dress that has your mind fixated. The only comment you have on the dress is that the floor would suit it better.’ A single click of her high-heel sounded out against solid marble floor as she took a step forward, in a way that encouraged his hand to rest on the curve of her hip. She rather relished in the rapid swell of emotion that had quickly overtaken the wedding party.

Fear, sorrow, pain, anguish. It was all there. Over one lost bride. Áine knew Kerstan could feel it too. The air was electric with it, supercharged to the point that she could feel it in the tips of her fingers as she reached up to straighten out an invisible imperfection on his collar. Her bejeweled emerald gaze settled upon his face, which she followed with a dazzling smile meant only for him. ‘We can’t pass up the opportunity to explore a little at the very least.’

uWe9rNy.png

[member="Faye Malvern"]​

It was never an easy job.

On paper, the operation seemed elementary. All that needed to occur was safeguarding one individual throughout the duration of a political event. And, unlike most national conventions or other such events, the locale was far less "open" in terms of enemy escape routes. As a planetary cruise line, all entrances and departures from the vessel would be difficult to miss after launch. Therefore, the Echani only had to protect his charge from those who were aboard. The most "fortunate" circumstance of all was that the Minister was not the star of the show either.

Rather, a pair of lovers were tying the knot and it was politically important to attend.

Now, while all factors pointed to the operation being as simple as making sure the Minister did not choke on her food, it did not go down that way. It never went down that way. In fact, the bride herself was literally stolen in the middle of her ceremony. Stolen! The ensuing pandemonium was enough that Var seized [member="Faye Malvern"] by the hand and immediately made for her quarters. There were plenty of Operatives and Knights aboard to deal with the fallout - and he was not getting paid to worry about who was abducted.

All that mattered was making sure not a hair on the woman's head was out of place.

The tension which sank into the Echani's shoulders eased up slightly when he managed to return the woman to her suite without little incident. As the door slid closed behind them, he locked it down and added a chair against it for good measure. Fortunately enough, the executive suite was more or less a penthouse-tier apartment. Thus, they would at least be comfortable whilst awaiting the conclusion to the wedding fiasco. Var quickly busied himself drawing every blind he could to a close, muttering to himself softly all the way.

Soon, he turned to the noblewoman-turned-politician and uttered a sigh. "You've no plans on getting married anytime soon, right?" He didn't tarry long to see if his meager attempt at easing the air of urgency hit or not. Rather, he strode over to the couch where a pack of his personal affects laid where he left them. Within, a palm-sized orb was retrieved and brought to life with but a few taps. The droid immediately hovered into the air, quipping in droidspeak before setting about its task: scanning for any lifeforms outside their perimeter.

If there were any attackers coming, they'd be aware. Satisfied, Var took the pack's seat upon the couch cushion and motioned for the politician to join him. If they were to wait, at least they could do so while relaxed. "What is this Crucible I keep hearing about?"

V3WrRJK.png
Objective: Consider taking over the ship​
Tagging: [member="Kirk Tektus"] | [member="Ciri Jade"] | @Kaden Farr​
PlainBar.png

John’s dark eyes flicked up to glance at Kirk for a moment, considering the man’s statement before he nodded in agreement. “You’re not wrong, if we shut off all communications you’re right they probably would come after us to take us out and get access to the communications hub.” The man’s fingers fell still, resting on the hub as he glanced down at it, “We could put a delay on it, and a filter, use it to pick out any communications aimed at the database. That might at least slow them down.”

The man pulled out a chair, slipping down into it as his fingers settled on the keyboard, flying across the keys as lines of code started scrolling across the screen. "There are gonna be a lot of outgoing communications request, especially with the whole wedding debacle so we’re gonna have to sort through all of them,” he pointed out, “At least until we can start to eliminate sections of the ship. Everyone grab a console and pick a section, the more of us sorting the faster it’s gonna go."

It wasn't the most efficient way to do the job, if John had the time and the resources available he'd have hooked the ships communication system into an AI or a specialise computer, to let it send tracer programs and trojans into every communications device on the ship, to effectively turn each of them into a little spy. Only they were on a timeline and he couldn't afford to time that that kind of data collection would take...at least not until they wanted to gather more specific information about their targets. The cyborg's eyes started glowing turquoise, screen after screen flashing up in his vision data scrolling ast as he started constructing the virus they'd need for later. He wasn't even looking at his fingers now as they flashed across the keys, sending the data back and forth to his implants where he could manipulate it more easily.

uWe9rNy.png

He had no interest in the life of the woman. It was the more bureaucratic members of the Viceroyalty and their constituents who insisted an effort be made to preserve her life, and only because it was good press. There were concessions to be made in the event that salvaging her and the sensitive data were lost, but those were considered to be contingency.

He reviewed the briefing a second time, just to be certain. An extraction was best left to those who excelled in careful handling and delicate situations, because Alkor's skillset was more suited to ensuring that no one be able to spread the word around.

Call it "quality assurance."

From his seat on the upper deck, near the VIP seating that the Vicelord had arranged for a small group of his aides, Alkor could make out faces and match them to the database he had been given. There were those who wanted to harm the Southern Systems from within, and their names had become prominent at the start of the Crucible fiasco. Every one of them had a flag on their file, prompting Alkor to give them a secondary review before undertaking discretion.

He was issued several listening and observation tools in order to piece together the clues. There was much distress in the crowd, and murmurs of the Confederacy's inadequacies. Discontent ruled over what was supposed to be an upbeat, happy event. Chaos had engulfed the groom, who clutched his head in despair as the reality sank in. The presiding official offered words of consolation and peace, but doubt had eclipsed merrymaking.

It was the conversation of those men who seemed more at ease than the rest of the congregation that held Alkor's interest. He tuned the listening device into the first suspect's voice and listened.

And waited.

Krystal

Smart girls don't win by being polite.
uWe9rNy.png

Objective: Forget.
Wearing: Gown
Tags: [member="PrincessNatalie"] || Open
_______

Well.

Of course the party would be disrupted. Kidnappings, evil factions, and Krystal wanted nothing to do with it.

She wanted nothing to do with anything right now, except for the bottle of wine she held in her hand.

Holding her skirts up in one hand, Krystal darted up the stairs to an abandoned ballroom. Why the ship had more than one, she was not quite sure, but leave it to the wealthy to make the architectural decisions. Drinking straight from the bottle, she looked around the empty room. She noticed on the far side of the room what seemed to be an abandoned set of speakers, surely set up for when the party was to move up here.

The way she saw it, she had two options.

Sit in the corner and bawl her eyes out…

Or dance.
_______

The music was all she cared about, the bass loud in her ears, quieter only than her own heartbeat. She surely looked like a fool, hair astray and skirts flying as she bounced around the room, but she could care less. The door to the ballroom remained open, but Krystal’s mind was elsewhere.

uWe9rNy.png
Objective: Flee from the chaos? | Wearing: xxx | [member=Var Talon]

Faye could only vaguely recall the last time she attended a wedding. She had been young, still on Serenno. She recalled the sun dancing in and out between the pillars of cream marble, she remembered the heavy scent of flowers in the air and the general atmosphere of joy, of happiness. But that had been a long time ago, and she hadn’t known such merriment since. Honestly, if the invitation hadn't come to her door personally, Faye would have likely remained at home. There was already little time to waste with a wedding, but here she was.

In the
beginning the festivities were just as she expected them to be. The blushing bride looked beautiful and the dashing groom looked nervous, but entranced by the woman he was soon to wed. Everything seemed to be going to plan. Faye had chosen a rather plain outfit in comparison to her usual garish threads, perhaps in the hopes that she wouldn’t be noticed by the swathe of dignitaries and politicians attending. She had even taken a seat amidst the crowds of happy attendees, content to remain unnoticed and undisturbed for the meanwhile. At least until the reception, because for once the focus wasn’t entirely on Faye, and she was pleased for it.

Much like many things she attended for the CIS, the joy wasn’t to last much longer. Right before their very eyes, in the middle of the ceremony, the bride disappeared. With her disappearance came a terrifying message, a message of torment from the Crucible itself. Screams filled the cruise ship, ringing in Faye’s ears till she could do nothing but place her hands over them forcefully. But it wasn’t the screams that bothered her. It was
the violent and sudden change in emotion. The natural empath would have reeled, would have likely passed out if it weren’t for the chair supporting her weight. She could feel herself crumbling, turning inward, clawing to remember that none of the haunting screams in the room belonged to her. It wasn’t until a comforting warmth wrapped around her hand that Faye was able to pull herself from spiralling entirely.

With this simple action, in that one moment, Var had saved her in more ways than one. She had neither the strength nor the energy to question where they were going as they raced down the hallways of the cruise ship, but she was pleased to see the doors of her rooms growing closer and closer with each hurried step.

Breathless, and a little sore from running in her not so sensible choice of shoes, Faye let out a shaky sigh of relief. ‘Thank you…’ Her words wobbled, tone filled with a thousand confusions and sadnesses that didn’t rightly belong to her. After a few moments of still silence, she ran her hands over her crisp black satin
dress, and made a show of organizing the few stray strands of ebony hair that had escaped from the elaborate style it was pinned into. The motions were more for herself than anyone else. They grounded her, gave her a reason to fuss over something other than the fringes of desperate sorrow prodding at her mind. She was even more grateful for the question her guardian posed in the throws of securing the room. It even managed to illicit a soft chuckle from the minister’s painted lips. ‘No, I don’t.’

His next question was a little more complicated to answer, so she did it simply. ‘A plague on the CIS.’ Faye grumbled as she settled back on the plush sofa. ‘I’m surprised Adron didn’t fill you in. Their motivations and movements are all the rage right now.’ She spoke the last sentence in an amused tone, her best attempt at relieving some of the tension in the room. The emotion the missing bride had caused still felt like a lump in her throat, like a hand wrapped around her heart squeezing too tightly. She could feel the pain of everyone who personally had anything to do with the bride, and she could sense the confusion of anyone who thought they were here simply to watch a wedding.

Faye turned her waist, silver jewelry cascading down her back jingling softly. Her ebony eyes came to rest on the man responsible for her life. Quite a task, considering her job within the CIS. He was perhaps lucky that he hadn’t been hired to watch the entrance to some boring
merchants house. Faye had a little more excitement going on in her life than most, but still. This wasn’t the kind of work she would have expected Var to be doing. ‘Don’t you want to be out there?’ She asked curiously in her sugar sweet tone, one sunkissed hand motioning to the barricaded door. ‘In all the excitement, looking for the bad guys, getting into trouble? Watching over me must be terribly dull for you.’

uWe9rNy.png

Tag: [member="Faye Malvern"]​

Perhaps this is why he had been chosen.

Though the Echani had spared no thought to the matter, the very nature of his people made him a boon to the Minister. The fact that her life was blessed...or cursed...by an innate empathic sense was not aware to the Talon. However, his people were known for existing one quite the opposite spectrum. Where Faye could feel the cacophony of emotion which rampaged about the wedding hall, Var felt only urgency and focus. Emotion was always secondary, nay tertiary, to the objective - and to waver was to oftentimes know death.

Thus, as the tide of empathy crashed into the Minister, the Talon was there to pull her from the brink. As swiftly as he could, the warrior drew her away from the scene of the chaos and back into the safety of her quarters. It was here that Var busied himself with ensuring that her refuge was secure from all potential threats. And whilst he did so, a shaky sigh reached his ears. In tandem with his breath - gratitude. He paused only long enough to give the woman a simple nod. Though he would not say as much in the moment, there was truly no need to thank him for this. It was what he had been chosen to do.

Once the quarters had been swept and the Droid deployed, the Echani briefly returned his wintry gaze to the woman. "Are you alright?" he inquired. The Talon was perceptive enough to see that there was no sign of injury on her person. He had been trained well enough to determine whenever wounds had been sustained - even if the victim attempted to brave out the agony. There was not so much as a hair out of place, especially after the woman smoothed out her attire. The Exarch was only paying him to keep the Minister alive - anything beyond that would not be compensated. Yet, despite this, Var asked. It felt like the...Human thing to do.

Then, as descent gripped him and he settled upon the couch, he previous question caused a soft chuckle to bubble from her lips. Good. The tension that had settled upon her shoulders seemed to crack in response. "Good." he replied, raising his hands slightly. "And if you change your mind, for my sanity, please make it a secret, small affair. Two people and a droid in the middle of nowhere." The Humanity in the Echani bid him to offer a slight smile as he spoke and placed his hands down upon his thighs. He listened closely to what the Minister then had to say regarding the Crucible and slowly shook his head in response.

"The Exarch only informed me of what was necessary to keep you safe and satisfied. National affairs weren't on the agenda." And so long as this so-called Crucible didn't set their sights upon the Minister, he wouldn't take too much time to bother. Faye then caused his eyebrows to shoot towards the ceiling with her next question. Her tone had returned to its normal sweetness and she motioned towards the door as well.

"I've fought my wars. I've had my fill of living solely to kill. If I must kill, it will be to protect you." He raised his hand, indicating her person as he spoke. "Besides. You tend to keep things interesting. I've never been to as many worlds as I have protecting you. And you tend to pick great places to eat. I've no complaints." He then jutted his chin towards the door. "What of you? Does this life ever bore you?"

[member="Var Talon"]

A beautiful woman in a red dress came in and sits in a corner with her buddy. She sighed and drinks from her flask.

She goes to look for Krystal, who invited her to come. She looks high and low. Suddenly her feet hurt her so she sits down to try to take them off.

Krystal

Smart girls don't win by being polite.
uWe9rNy.png

Objective: Forget.
Wearing: Gown
Tags: @PrincessNatalie || Open
_______

Krystal is breathless from dancing, her shoes long having been abandoned in the corner of the room. The music pauses for a moment, giving her time to try and catch her breath, when she hears footsteps padding down the halls near her.

Darting out the large doors to the ballroom, she looks around the quiet halls of the ship for the source of the sound... Natalie! Krystal had nearly forgotten about the girl that she had invited to come with her, for she had not seen her all night. Walking towards her, she calls out;

"Hey Natalie! I didn't think I'd see you tonight!" Gosh, the girl's dress was amazing, fitting her perfectly in all the right places. "Red looks amazing on you." She begins to walk back to the ballroom, hoping Natalie would want to come with her.

2W1oySC.png
[header]
Attire: Flight Suit
Objective: Intercept the Crucible ship
Tags: [member="Kade Sunward"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Eli-Mae Forrest"] | [member="Subject 73 Red"]

Well this certainly wasn’t how Alden had envisioned this day going. Not with an abduction of the woman of the day. Not such chaos and strife in the midst of jubilant celebration. But alas, there was nothing that could actually be accomplished when so much remained out of your control. And, if anything, this band of renegades - this Crucible as they called themselves - had proven time and time again that they would be that incessant pest that simply would not go away. That irritant that showed itself persistently in the most undesirable times.
Alden’s fighter closed in on the Crucible ship, its sensors doing everything in their power to penetrate any electronic defense systems and gather what intelligence was there to be had. Life forms. Active systems. Power fluctuations. Anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom