Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Like Balls [Galactic Alliance Fund-Raiser Gala]

Now they all knew each other's names. Progress. Aedan had been too caught up in his own thoughts, his own mind, to really realise what was going on around him. Even so it was hard for him to put aside the acquired skills from his mother and growing up on Lorrd. It had trained him to very precisely read body language. His mother had nearly driven his father crazy with that. It was as if she could read his mind, he said.

Aedan picked up on hints and signals, but as to what the root cause was, he had no idea. There appeared to be some embarrassment going around, from all parties. Was he making them uncomfortable? Maybe it was just that initial unease of starting up a conversation with a group of people you didn't really know. He nodded to what Alex said about the gala, raising his glance while glancing over to Lilin as she spoke. "I'll drink to that." Alcohol would help. Alcohol always helped. Until it didn't. But he wasn't there yet.

When she brought up the Squadron his face lit up a little, though he tried to play it down. So far he had been on one mission with the unit, this was the first time he became associated with them in public. "Rogue?" Assuming of course that she was referring to the Rogues. "Yeah, we're both Rogue Squadron." He replied with a smile, though focused on not making it come of as if he was bragging. He hoped the fact that she had been the one to bring it up and not have it be the other way around helped. It had always been his dream to fly, and to now be flying with the Rogues felt almost surreal. But at the same time it felt right. "So far I've only seen Alex though. Are the others here yet?" he turned to Alex for the question. Were the others even coming? Suppose the entire squadron didn't have to show up. If given the choice, Aedan wasn't sure what he would have done. Right now, however, he had no regrets.

Aedan's answer to Lilin more or less explained who they were in the galaxy, but she was still a mystery. "And you? Wait, don't tell me..." he looked her over once, wearing a smile with hints of playful mischief. "You're the daughter of some successful business owner. You either took over a branch in your father's company or started your own. Now your enterprise has far eclipsed his, which is why you're invited here, but not him" he said in a playful tone, wondering if he was right on any accounts. He was shooting blind. It was specific, far-fetched, and probably highly unlikely to be a bulls eye. But if it was it would be quite amusing. Maybe she had started in the shadow of great names, but he thought she seemed successful. "I'm not close at all, am I?" he said laughing, after a pause in which he examined her reaction.

[member="Lilin Imperieuse"] [member="Alexandra Russo"]

Where ever she worked, she learned that you pre-gamed, drank before going to the place you were going to go. You did this because well, things were expensive in this day and age - why spend all the credits to get drunk, when you could get drunk for half the price and nurse the drink you get at the event. Allyson didn’t come from money like Kaili did and it was a slow realization, but it was starting to be realized. As they walked in, she peered about and suddenly felt extremely out of place, especially when she remembered the amount of credits she spent on the outfit she wore.

Kaili extended her arm and Allyson out of habit quickly intertwined her arms with the other girl. Her arm snaked down till she found Kaili’s hand and she held on to it, possibly a bit tighter than usual, but she held on. They continued to make their way through the party and Allyson began to feel the effects of the whiskey shots she had taken before arriving. Unlike Kaili, Allyson didn’t know how to detox or really knew if she was capable of it. Allyson wrinkled her nose as she shrugged and forced a chuckle. “You do it so you don’t have to buy multiple drinks, things get expensive you know” Remembering a bar she usually went to with some of the people from Rekali Clan, she remarked on the prices. “Like I can buy a handle of Corellian whiskey for lets say twelve credits, but to get a shot on the rocks at something like this or a bar, I’m paying ten to twelve credits.” Leaning away from Kaili she examined the room to see if she recognized anyone which she highly doubted, “Such is the way of inflation”

Her eyes returned to the woman beside her as she shrugged. “But I guess with the amount of money you had to pay to get in - the bars are probably open.” This thought made her smile, that meant that she could drink more and it wouldn’t cost her any credits and it wouldn’t cost Kaili anything to drink more. She thought about it slightly and then frowned. “You did that Jedi thing didn’t you? So now you’re completely sober?” Her frown showed her disapproval and she began dragging Kaili to the bar, they were going to have fun, they were going to be drunk, and they were going to ---

As Allyson passed through the small crowd of people, she looked to her side and caught the face she hadn’t seen for a bit. The face of a rather suave, goofy and possibly over playful smuggler. As quickly as she caught the sight of him, Allyson moved quickly and dragged Kaili behind her. “LET'S GO TO THE BAR NOW OKAY YES.” Arriving at the bar she wiggled herself and Kaili to the front of it and stared hard at the wood bar top. What was [member="Asmus Janes"] doing here?! Why would a smuggler be here of all places? Allyson then remembered she was here, but it was because she was part of the Alliance and dating [member="Kaili Talith"] who seemed to have more about her than she initially knew. Shaking her head, she wasn’t going to let this get to her, “Bartender! Two Corellian whiskey shots please, thank you!”

Once more looking at Kaili, “Don’t do that Jedi stuff okay?”

In many ways Kaili didn’t really consider just exactly how much money wasn’t an issue for her. She had never scraped to get by or turned to drastic measures when the ends didn’t meet. All her life had been easy on that aspect and little made her think that would ever change. To her, having the means was always a certainty. Perhaps in that regard she was more than just a spoiled princess, but the kid wouldn’t let that get to her, after all there was a party to attend.

Kaili slowly peered over her shoulder to Allyson as she felt their fingers intertwine perhaps just a little tighter than usual. Allyson was uncertain, the aura around her and the force told Kaili that much. She felt out of place, but before Kaili could reassure her she went on to go even further with explaining how things worked out at night. Of course it was all just ‘words words words words’ to the young Talith, but if it made Allyson feel better Kaili wasn’t exactly going to stop her. As such she chuckled along with her despite not knowing what was fun. In the end of the scenario that Allyson had provided Kaili with the biggest cost of… Whatever it was they talked about was still just twelve credits. It was pocket change -- if that -- and as Allyson brought up the cost for entry Kaili couldn’t help but snort and shake her head. The urge to tell Allyson that Kaili had cheated her way inside was strong, but she held back.

Then came the accusation. Kaili had indeed done ‘that jedi thing’ before leaving, and yes she was indeed very sober.

“Yep, completely- WOAH!” Kaili had grinned at first but it quickly vanished as she was torn in the direction of the bar. It was times like these she was glad she had forever sworn off high heels, wasn’t it? Her mother had tried at some point, but Kaili had not ever managed.

Allyson reeked of worry. The fact that she was screaming, and then also staring at the drink covered bar made Kaili worry as well. Two Corellian shots were sent their way free of charge. Kaili grabbed hers and looked at Allyson.

‘Don’t do that Jedi stuff’ was a tall order. Kaili looked at her glass and then Allyson, then at her glass and at Allyson again.

“I’m not sure you want that, but,” Kaili hesitated again. “For you. Okay.”

She took a deep breath. “Same time?”

“Three.” She looked at her glass, nerves winding up. “Two.” She swallowed air in preparation. “One.”

Deep breath, glass to lips, head flicked back. The liquid went down with a burn. Kaili grimaced, spat and coughed before setting her miserable eyes on Allyson.

“I hate you.” She hissed before coughing again. “That’s horrible.

“That taste. That burn. Why do people do this?!”

Kaili grimaced. “... Gross.”

[member="Allyson Locke"] // [member="Asmus Janes"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (retired)
"Yes, we are both indeed members of Rogue Squadron... I just couldn't fathom wearing my dress uniform all night long. Anyways, they only look good on the guys," Alex nodded in confirmation to [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] with a hint of mirth and a sideways wink to [member="Aedan Lochlan"]. The tall, dark, and ruggedly handsome Rogue would have no problem impressing the ladies tonight, which it seemed he had already.

Speaking of which while Aedan used a rather nice pick-up line of attack on Lilin, playfully trying to come up with the reason why the pretty young woman had attended the gala, Alex took the opportunity to peer about the crowded room looking for other pilots that might have shown up in the meantime. And sure enough, two had.

"I see [member="Lucius Varad"] has arrived and [member="Asmus Janes"]. By the way Twelve's downing his drinks, he may need a wingman by night's end, but I think Nine will be fine. He usually has it handled," Alleycat quipped lightly.

The Taanabian noticed how Aeden had a certain look about him as he awaited Lilin's response to his flirtation. He liked this girl, and who was Russo to get in the way of a fellow pilot's wants and desires.

"I think I'll let you two be and go get something to eat before consuming any more alcohol. It was nice to meet you, Lilin, and I just love your dress," the brandy-eyed brunette smiled sincerely.

"Catch you later, Aedan," she added, meeting the Lorrdian's mesmerizing green gaze for a moment before turning away from the couple and sauntering off around the edge of the dance floor towards the buffet table situated on the other side of the room. It was a lie of course… Alex wasn't exactly hungry for food, but it was a good way to relieve herself from being an awkward third wheel.

Tela Uolmi

T
Dress uniform was good enough for this 'do, and she'd even put the time in to spruce it up so it was crisp and wrinkle-free. One had been after her to not masticate gum while in these duds, but unless Rogue Leader wanted her to become a chimney stack instead... well, suck it up, mate. It'd taken a while, but after nearly washing out of the starfighter corps, she'd learned not to tell her superior officers to frak off. You could take the girl out of Kessel, but you couldn't take Kessel out of the girl that gave a shet-eating grin to the door staff as she moseyed into the place having not pre-drunk for the gig, surprising even herself; she cased the joint, picking out every Rogue she could find in between the rich and filthy rich, and to even less surprise, found some lingering around one or two of the bars set about the manor - in particular, the one huddled around by [member="Asmus Janes"] and a few of the higher ups, including the aformentioned gum-tsking bozo.

She made sure to chew obnoxiously as she eyed her commander up (and down), before turning her attention on Asmus and squeezing into a space next to him at the bar, 'Why the long face, beautiful?', craning around to find his face a moment with the asking, before easily grabbing the bartender's attention; when he asked what she wanted, Tela's lips curled, 'Well, sweetheart, I'd ask for the whole bottle of whisky, but the commander,' she jabbed a thumb in One's direction, 'says I gotta behave, so put it in a glass, would ya?'

Her ass made contact with the stool again, hazel eyes following the 'tender's backside in a faint mope at not getting to give that ass a smack to send him on his way. After a moment, she turned to Asmus again, 'Sorry, I didn't hear ya,' and ignored the glass of whisky for only a minute to give her squadmate the undivided attention of her eyes and ears, 'so tell me again why you're not docking with half of this shindig already?'

Liliane

L
"Well, not quite. But my father is a businessman. Or was. Or whatever," Lilin said, then took a sip of her drink once again. "I myself am a Jedi Master, though." A really bad Jedi Master, that is. But she wouldn't delve deep into such matters that night. It was too fun to talk about why she was not worthy of the title of Master. Or the title of Jedi.

The other woman - what was her name? oh yeah, Alex - started speaking again. It appeared like she wanted to catch up with her other friends as well. Lilin assumed they were from the Rogue Squadron was well, judging by the way the girl talked. Who else would have called people 'Twelve' or 'Nine'? Maybe only clones.

"Alright, see you," Lilin said to Alex, gave her a smile, and then watched how she left. Letting Aedan say his goodbyes to the woman, she raised her glass to her mouth to enjoy the drink once again, but on the last moment, she decided not to do that. She wanted to savour that wine so that she wouldn't be really drunk by the end of the night.

Of course she was really good at using Detoxify Poision, but she wouldn't quite want to use her powers that night. It was a fun event, so she hoped there wouldn't be much drama or anything.

"Huh, yeah," Lilin wanted to say something but soon realised she had nothing to say at that moment.

[ [member="Aedan Lochlan"] | [member="Alexandra Russo"] ]

Aneya Maev

A
Aneya was not in the list of guests invited to the Galactic Alliance fundraiser gala, unfortunately. A few press members had to be present, though, so they had received invites, at least to the girl's knowledge. However, not being invited to the gala didn't mean she wouldn't be there. Of course she couldn't not go to an amazing party, which is exactly why she and her business partner Xander Brand had arrived together. The man had enough funds to get both of them to the party.

She had to note, though, that ten thousand credits was a lot and she couldn't have afforded it for herself. But the representatives of the newly founded Sullust Central News Network just had to be present.

"I think we should get something to drink," Aneya said as soon as the two were inside. She had arrived with a yellow dress while the man wore a simple tuxedo. Her hair was set in an elegant bun and she had several necklaces and other accessories on.

"I agree," the man said as they started walking towards one of the bars. They had seen many waiters and waitresses around, but at the moment there didn't seem to be any, so they guessed it would have just been easier to get some drinks from the bar. Yes, maybe the drinks were really expensive as well, but when before had prices mattered to the rich Xander?

"I don't know if I should be drinking, really, but I just want a wine, I think." Aneya was not an adult on many worlds in the galaxy, but that didn't stop her from drinking. She loved to have a champagne or a wine or even a beer once in a while.

"Well, then we'll get some wine."

Only the two really knew the paparazzi who were sprinkled across the whole room, trying to take photos, write down some conversations they heard or just make some notes. Any mention of the party would be a huge reader magnet for the newspaper.

Daak Dakaara

The Not-Quite-Captain of the Smoked Opal
Sullust whiskey tasted like soot… but he’d had worse.

Daak sat in the shadows, watching the stream of well doers flow up the stairs to the elegant ball… a fundraiser, apparently. Something for those who live off of the sweat and blood of others to then donate to some vague charity so they might assuage their conscious’. Something that would allow them to feel more validated when they looked down their nose at someone.

“Why Darla, why ever weren’t you at the charity?” Daak slurred to himself in a low, mocking tone.

“Oh heavens, Geeves, I found myself absolutely swamped with peasants to whip… couldn’t find a moment to myself all evening,” he responded to himself in a haughty pitch. The pirate laughed at his own drunken cleverness, and lifted the bottle to his lips. The whiskey burnt like Tattooines arse-hole, and he was certain it would burn just as equally leaving his body.

The bothan sighed to himself. “Gotta get some better swill.” Daak had been scouring the slums of Sullust for anything to improve his situation, and it had taken him far too long to realize what he was doing wrong. If you rip off the poor, you’ll just stay broke… you gotta go for the rich. As he always said, fortune is simply preparation meeting opportunity, and as a rather plump aristocrat swaggered drunkenly up the street towards the party, Daak saw his opportunity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daak strode up the stairs confidently, his boots shone to a gleaming mirror, a jacket far finer than any head ever worn over his shoulders, and his fur slicked back into a laughably noble slick. The pirate felt completely ridiculous, but then the aristocrat class was particularly ridiculous, weren’t they?

Many eyebrows quirked in his direction, but Daak had learned long ago that to be welcome someplace, one must first appear as if to think anything else would be absolutely ludicrous. And so, as he approached to doormen, he reached into the folds of the overly large jacket, and grabbed an envelope from within. Without stopping he placed it in the waiting hand of the attendant, along with the dense weight of some of the credit chips he’d also found in the drunkard’s jacket. The attendant was too busy gauging the weight of the envelope to care too terribly about whether Daak really was Norbert Willerton.

The room opened before the pirate, and while his snout was scarred into a permanent grin, the bothan smiled genuinely at the sight. Everywhere he looked were marks. Daak was fairly bombed himself, but these nobles were rioting like a bunch of hoodlums in a swaddled tavern. He took a moment to appreciate the poetry of the thought, before an attendant walked by with a bottle of golden liquor and several glasses on an open tray. He waved her down and traded a handful of credits for a glass. The attendant eyed him nervously. Daak couldn’t be bothered to have an attendant ratting on him so soon, so he leaned in close to her, implying that he meant to speak closely.

“My dear,” he croaked, adding a flagrant flourish to his rounded ‘Rs’. “I just had a most trying day, traveling from the Western Reaches, and I feel you might be my only salvation.”

The bothan eyed her and tried to look as weary as possible, which wasn’t all too different from how he felt most the time these days. He lifted his newly acquired glass, clinking the ice together within. “If you could do a merchant a favor, and if you see this glass get even remotely close to empty, come running, for I’m surely in mortal danger.” Daak slapped the most charming grin on his muzzle that he could muster, and to his relief the attendant stifled a giggle.

“Of course, sire,” she grinned, and disappeared into the mass of party-goers.

Daak straightened, and his eyes narrowed on the faces around him. He lifted the glass to his lips and shivered as the golden liquor flowed like a beam of moonlight down his throat. His eyes closed against the pleasant, mellow burn, and he breathed deeply through his nose. Before he realized it, his glass was half emptied. As he took the glass from his lips, his eyes opened to find the attendant passing in front of him once more, sloshing a hearty serving of the golden liquor back into his glass. Daak smiled genuinely and handed the wench… wait, wenches were only in the slums… attendant, another fist full of caps.

“Darling,” he called quietly after her as she disappeared once more into the crowd, “this is going to be one hell of a night.”

Aedan smiled a thanks to the unspoken compliment from Alex. "Good call" he replied to her, maintaining his smile as she made the remark about her own choice of clothing. "You look fantastic" Russo was dressed to kill, only tonight it was in a slightly less literal sense. He hoped... Aedan looked around for the other Rogues she mentioned, and eventually spotted the top of their heads. At least he had a clear line of retreat in case things went to hell.

"Oh" he said, a little surprised when she announced that she was leaving him to fly alone. "Later, Alex" he returned, making eye-contact as he did so. When she turned his eyes stayed on her. As she continued walking they dropped. Had he chased her off? He wasn't sure why, but a part of him felt a little guilty. At least the one good thing about her leaving was getting to watch her walk away. Oh Force, was he staring? Lilin wasn't a Lorrdian, probably, but she might've picked up on that. Turning back to her, he gave an almost apologetic smile. He wasn't built to resist distractions such as that.

At least I got something right, he thought to himself when she mentioned that her father had in fact been a businessman. He made a note to not ask any follow-up questions on what she said about her father. By using 'was' he could either be retired or dead. If the latter was the case then he didn't want to rip that open. Besides, what she said next got him plenty shocked. "A Jedi Master?" he said, the shock unmistakable from his expression. This was the first time he stood face to face with a Jedi. He'd heard of them, of course. "I didn't know Jedi looked like you" ...Did I just say that? To clarify, he quickly added "I mean, when I hear Jedi I always picture old men in brown robes." Old men in brown robes, reading your mind.........OH KARK, WAS SHE READING HIS MIND?

His head flooded with paranoid concerns of thoughts he wouldn't want anyone to read, things that would be embarrassing if 'read'. In case she was doing it, he tried clearing his mind. Of course in doing that a stream of inappropriate thoughts rolled. There wasn't really anything of interest or great secret to be seen, but even so his mind was panicking. Instead of burning the files they were thrown up into the air. To calm his thoughts Aedan reached a little closer for the bottom of his glass with another sip, trying to not give away any cues as to his little meltdown. She's not reading your mind. It's fine. Stop thinking about it.

[member="Alexandra Russo"] [member="Lilin Imperieuse"]

[member="Tela Uolmi"] [member="Aedan Lochlan"] [member="Alexandra Russo"]

"Oh these two are vetoing my fun for the evening," he replied, jabbing his finger at the commanders. In turn they only laughed and turned their focus to a private conversation. "Aedan seems to have found some conversation for the evening. That man can really pull of formal dress. A shame he has such traditional views on things," he bemoaned. In this instance he was referring to the fact that Aedan had confessed to being relatively straight. Asmus found this slightly quaint.

"Didn't want to rock up in a dress like Russo?" he asked. "Looks great on her arse, better than these formal slacks. Of course, you know we're currently trying to turn a group of individual talents into a tightly knit fighting machine. I wouldn't to go ruining that by making inappropriate comments!" humour was evident in his voice, and he made a show of turning towards the Wing Commander. She merely shook her head incredulously at him and returned to her drink.

"You know, I used to come to these kind of shindigs when I was younger. All the big merchant houses on Eriadu used to bring their kids from the age of fourteen, and they were pretty lax about drinking laws too. Nothing like being young and causing controversy at a formal," he said with a fond sigh. This however was less interesting to his eye. A ten thousand credit entry price seemed to mostly attract people over the age of forty. "Having fun so far?"

Charzon was a little intimidated to meet with the big wigs of Rogue Squadron, a squadron that was, to her on Ringo Vinda, just a name in the history books. But they appear in history books simply because they were instrumental in the destruction of the first two Death Stars (alongside a lot of other missions, like the Battle of Hoth, but these were the most famous). It is as though she was meeting with ghosts from the history books. She would approach [member="Tela Uolmi"], surmounting her fear of startling what could be a ghost from a history textbook to her. Of course, she may as well be drunk, after drinking some tihaar made from bananas, which was very, very viscuous, and one of the most difficult varieties to brew.

"I see that you're a member of Rogue Squadron, how is today's Rogue Squadron different from the Rogue Squadron of yesteryear, beyond the people in it?"

Someone always got the short end of the stick.

This time it was Choli.

Sixteen, under-aged and the designated driver. That meant that the youngest of Rogue Squadron was left to sit by the bar watching the rest of the boyos have their fun. Not that it wasn't entertaining. Seeing [member="Asmus Janes"], [member="Tela Uolmi"], [member="Aedan Lochlan"], [member="Alexandra Russo"] and [member="Lucius Varad"] get into hijinks was always an entertaining venture. A gala was a gala, but Cho wasn't really one to get all dolled up. She wore her uniform - it was the nicest thing she had honestly - and her hair was slicked back in a basic ponytail. No artifice lined her face save for the chapstick that she regularly dabbed on.

"Hey Vyn!" one of the other Rogues came over, slapping her on the back and flashing her a grin. "Enjoying yourself?"

Her brows rose, giving him an expression of - are you serious? - before shaking her head.

"As much as I can be. Have a drink with me?" she offered.

"I'm good I have -- "

tumblr_o1mffdDGLN1tewobjo1_500.gif

Tela Uolmi

T
She lifted the glass off of the counter, and downed half of it in one go once [member="Asmus Janes"] started divulging his woes and wisties, putting on an air of rapt attention, though she was kinda in the same boat as far as the median age of the gala's attendees was concerned... not that age and social standing ever stopped her. Insomuch as there was any social standing back home. Tela idly swirled the liquid in her glass.

'Me, all dolled up?' she said with some light derision, 'pfft. Some folks got a kink for girls in uniform. It'd be wrong of me not to take advantage of that,' with one side of her lips lifting and curling, she looked to Janes, 'don't you think?' Maybe he didn't, but it was better than saying, shet, son, I'm from Kessel, and these duds are the best I've got. Nah. Besides, she wasn't lying. 'Fun remains to be seen; I just got here.' and she vacated the amber from the glass, returning said vessel to the counter with a hard thunk, and tilting her head to catch the 'tender's eye, 'Another, sweetheart!'

And her gaze darted right back over to Asmus, then over the crowd, giving it a scan, 'So, point me to this vetoed fun. I wanna know what's keeping you in your pants.' But before he could do so, some rando wandered up, and asked her about the then and now of the Rogues. Tela stared at the woman, [member="Charzon Loulan"], and reached for her refilled glass to take a long draw so that she'd not just tell this one to frak off. 'The enemy's different, and the Jedi aren't whittled down to one man?' and she leaned back into the counter, propping her elbows up on it, 'frak, lady, I don't know.' Adulting was hard.

[member="Charzon Loulan"] [member="Tela Uolmi"]

Asmus covered his grin by bringing his glass up to his lips quickly. He was no real historian, though he had looked up some facts on Tycho Celcho who had held the Rogue Nine position back in the great civil war. He could probably make it all sound quite poetic if the conversation and company held his interest.

"I'm afraid I don't really know what it was like then, but I do know that Rogue Nine went on to be a general in the Alliance military. And I'm also sure they would be so impolite as to not offer a pretty, interested girl a drink, so what will it be?"

Liliane

L
"Well, then I am the living example of what else Jedi can be besides old men," Lilin giggled joyfully. She'd never heard anybody say anything like that. She was fine with that, though. It was just funny, nothing more.

"You look exactly like a pilot, though," she said, not even understanding what she was saying. She hadn't drank a lot, had she? She couldn't be drunk yet, so maybe it was just because of the uneasiness of the situation. She could clearly see the man was feeling a little bit of discomfort again but managed to hide most of it. But now she was feeling the same clumsiness herself, trying to hide her emotions with taking a little sip of her drink.

Oh well, that conversation was just the best. Well done, Lilin, you've messed up again, she thought to herself. OK, she would take a third chance. She had to try to be normal one more time.

"So, I hear you were in the battle of Dulvoyinn as well?" she was curious. "I don't really want to talk about war, but I have to note that was a crazy one."

[ [member="Aedan Lochlan"] ]

Daak Dakaara

The Not-Quite-Captain of the Smoked Opal
Daak swayed with the crowd of socialites, spoiled children, and honored guests as he blended with the drunken inhibitions which these nights bestowed upon their benefactors. But with every off-hand comment, every bemused smile, and every toast, the pirate gleamed a useful nugget of information.

He didn’t care at all about charity. If these people really wanted to be generous, they’d be turning their pocket books over to him. But, since it would be rude to ask, Daak did the honorable thing and swiped them from their pockets himself.

Everyone’s inebriations and loose inhibitions meant that within the first hour of him being there he had stacks of credit chits lining his pockets, and no really good estimation of what it all amounted to. The bar was paid for, everyone had their own transports on the planet, so there was no real telling when these aristocratic bummers would have even the slightest notion that they’d been hoodwinked.

Daak swayed merrily past a group of particularly rowdy individuals who were taking generous swigs of liquor from crystal tumblers. The bothan brushed up against a rather portly lass while also slipping his fingers into her purse. His fishing rewarded him with a pocketbook which quickly disappeared into his jacket’s folds, but his wrist glanced off her generous bottom in the process.
The lass turned her painted face towards Daak and quickly furrowed her brow at him, apparently trying to decide just how she felt about the bothan. He quickly leaned in too close to her, laughed heartily with what was surely unpleasant whiskey breath, and settled a hand on the woman’s hip.

“My dear,” he exaggerated his drunkenness, “you seem like more than enough woman for me tonight. I do so prefer my humans to have some extra meat to chew on!” Daak waggled his eyebrows to emphasize his point.

“Ugh, not in your most feral dreams, dog,” she huffed, annoyed at his advance, but blissfully unaware of her missing pocketbook. Daak shrugged and appeared to be too eager for potential tail to be too worried about her blatant racism.

As he turned back to the crowds he saw the outliers of the social scene gathered around one of the bars. Several pilots were getting fairly wild as only military types can, or those who regularly have their lives on the line really. A giant of a soldier stood in a haze of cigar smoke, regaling his comrades of some fascinating story, he was sure.

A young beauty of a woman was pulled to the bar by another, and Daak amused himself over the apparent awkwardness of the scene. Both were beautiful, by whatever standards humans used, but anyone with an eye for observation would note just how mismatched they would seem.

The two took a shot and Daak had to smirk to himself as one coughed and grimaced as the liquor hit her gut. He didn’t know them, but hell, he didn’t know anyone here. Seemed like some upper echelon aristocrat more comfortable behind a desk in a high rise than within a group of people.

“You don’t LOOK like a jedi,” a voice said from nearby, and Daak’s neck went taught.

A Jedi?! He screamed within himself. There’s Jedi here? And if there was one, there were likely to be more. The pirate tried to keep his relaxed, harmless demeanor as his eyes darted around the room. Who was the Jedi? Were they aware of him?

Daak took it as a mark of pride that he’d never had to bump into a Jedi. He’d only heard tales…

… only tales. His ears perked up and a devilish grin ran rampant across his muzzle. He’d never bumped into a Jedi before. Never ripped one off, either.

The pirate clinked his claws against the crystal glass in his hand as idea after idea swarmed through his mischievous mind.

[ [member="Aedan Lochlan"] [member="Kaili Talith"] [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] ]

Hope is the elixir of life. (retired)
After having a quick snack of exotic cheese with sliced meat on crackers from the buffet table as anything seafoodish turned the farm girl's stomach, Russo made her way over to the bar where the majority of the Rogues were now gathered with another full glass of champagne confiscated from a passing server. The Galactic Alliance's elite fighter jockeys were becoming a boisterous group, but that was par for the course. They were Rogue Squadron after all, and had a grand reputation to uphold.

Alleycat gave them a friendly nod as the long-legged brunette approached the group dressed opposite of them - oops, stomach ready to soak up more alcohol, then she slipped into an open spot next to [member="Lucius Varad"]. The pale, silvery gold-haired pilot seemingly was a quiet soul, well except for when he broke out in song during the last mission. Perhaps if he got enough drink in him, the man would serenade them once again.

"Hello, Twelve.. Care if I join you in celebration?" Alex asked with a sweet smile gracing her pink-glossed over lips. Boy… Lucius' eyes were really purple!

Charzon got asked by [member="Asmus Janes"] whether she would like to have a drink. She didn't want tihaar because she had ample occasion to drink some at home on Ringo Vinda. But everything about that party reeked of tihaar; it was impossible for her to escape the fact that, if she couldn't get drinks other than a tihaar, she would reluctantly get some coconut or orange tihaar.

"Some brandy, please, if there is some available. Nevertheless, I have concept art for a tanker capable of transporting a million tons of cargo at once, liquid or solid. You wouldn't get a million tons of even the highest-pressure gases that could be safely fitted into a tanker inside that ship unless the gases were heavy molecules to begin with. With that ship, you can ship relief supplies to Dulvoyinn in one go, or at least a lot less trips than would be necessary with the ships that most shipping companies use and, as a bonus, you can even land the ship!"

She was referring to the Rasta Sub-class here. Clearly some of the pilots were incredulous that such massive capital ships could land on planetary surfaces, even though there were precedents for that: the antiquated Acclamators and Venators were able to do just that, and were about the size of a Rasta Sub and a Maximum Battleship respectively. And also that she was aware that Rogue Squadron pilots, while the elite of the Galactic Alliance's starfighter forces to this day, may not even be able to pilot capital ships of that size. And yet Dulvoyinn is just one world that would benefit from either the Rasta Sub or the Maximum Battleship that are rumored to be in the planning stages for such large-scale relief missions. That Maximum Battleship is purported to be able to ferry off a million refugees in one go; would the Galactic Alliance even be willing, or able, to test-run such massive ships in that intended role, or to sponsor one such test run?

[member="Tela Uolmi"]

The Champagne was exquisite, and yet the more I drowned my tongue with - the less I could discern one subtle flavor from the next. All that crossed my mind was how each flute warmed my innards with every sip; filling my heart with small measures of liquid courage. Something that was seemingly lacking when my life wasn't on the line. Now three glasses in, I felt like I was nearing the top of the world, but far enough away to keep control of my wits. The sensation was enthralling, and if left alone to my own devices, I feared that all inhibition would be sacrificed upon the altar of sin, leaving me begging for more.

Thankfully, one of my own had rescued me from the edge of that darkened abyss. As my violet eyes turned to share their gratitude with my Hero, I was stricken by the stunning revelation that my Hero - wasn't a Hero at all. Instead, it was a Heroine, maned with spun caramel and bearing two slivers of topaz set into the skin with a complexion of cream. A vision of beauty personified in the flesh, and here she was - taking a seat beside me. I wasn't worthy of such divine attention.

It had taken me several beats of my thunderous heart to realize that this was someone I knew and not the Goddess that my addled mind believed her to be. Not to say that she wasn't, but - Ah, never mind. Clearly, I wasn't in the right frame of mind for this, but that was alright. It was good to let loose once in a while, well, at least until the voices started to worm their way into my thoughts. The curse of being touched by the Force, I wagered.

"You know, Miss Russo, you don't have to call me by my number outside of the Cockpit. Lucius will do - if you wish, or Mister Varad if you were feeling Formal."

Locking my amethyst eyes with hers, I felt my lips peel back into a serpentine's approximation of a smile. Brimming with warmth, and finally able to enjoy the presence of another, I gestured towards the vacant seat beside me, before taking note of the Flute she had been nursing moments prior. Tearing my eyes off the stunning Mirage, I let my gaze befall the half-empty Flute between my fingers and the bubbling chartreuse liquid within. I deftly spun the glass about in my grasp, causing the vintage contained inside to slosh vigorously about, before placing the glass down on the marbled surface of the bar.

"It's a shame they've yet to break out the stronger stuff; I find this vintage lacks the well-cured bite of something stilled within a Corellian Cask."

| [member="Alexandra Russo"] |

Lord Ghoul

L
Ooooh yeah, the punch bowl wasn't 100% fruit punch, but it definitely had a kick. The underaged Luce snickered to himself as he got a glass and ladled in some of the red drink. He took a sip. Mhm. Good punch.

The kid wandered over to the bar, in the direction of a pair who looked moderately familiar. Well, not really familiar in the 'hey I've met you,' way. More like, one of 'em was wearing a naval uniform with a rogue squadron patch and officer's bars. Luce'd never met a Rogue before, but he'd heard they'd torn it up at Dulvoyinn.

He slid onto the barstool on the other side of the girl and tossed back his hair. The bartender raised an eyebrow at him. "What," Luce said, a sheepish grin on his face as he held up the cup to his lips, "It's just punch."

"Mhm."

Turning on the stool, the firefighter looked at the navy rockstars. "What's cookin' fighter jocks?"

[member="Choli Vyn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom