Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Like Balls [Galactic Alliance Fund-Raiser Gala]

Hope is the elixir of life. (retired)
Even thought they were in the middle of a crowed dance floor, the Jedi and the Rogue were totally oblivious to those around them. It was just the two of them sharing an intimate moment. The writing was so on the wall. Could Kahne and Alexandra see it as well? The pilot could feel it, craved it, almost could taste it. She wanted to throw caution to the wind, give in, enjoy, but would he end up leaving her too? Was it worth taking that chance again?

Alleycat's mouth tingled where the Jedi Master's soft kiss had touched it at the corner, and the warmth of his breath again upon her ear sent chills down her spine. The man's thoughts of her while they were separated brought a smile to the pilot's face.

"I would hope it was you," Alex spoke softly against his cheek, then turned her dark head so their eyes could meet. "There is no one else I'd want it to be," she added with the tenderness of gazes, then her lips pressed to Kahne's in a gentle, slow kiss just as the song was finishing.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Liam Quez

L
Her voice shook as he stopped himself from pulling away. Liam knew he needed to pull away, to let her go and return to their side my side stance. They were in a crowd of people, most were friends, but if there were enemies among the sheep then he just revealed their biggest weakness. His mind instantly corrected itself, he had revealed his biggest weakness. The one person he protected with every ounce of his being, he put her into danger again. There was no going back from what he had done, instead without restraint he pulled her back into his hold, keeping her there as she held onto him.

She became the only one in the room, his mind focused on her shaking voice and broken words. Was he obvious with his fear of her? Did he truly fear her or did he fear the potential pain that would be inflicted if he overstepped his boundaries? Sighing softly, he released her enough so that he could look at her. A single index finger trailed by the knuckle under her chin forcing her gaze to meet his. There was no thinking in his actions, he allowed himself to do what his body pleased, nothing held him back. “I’m not afraid of you, I’m afraid of what could happen…” He paused and kissed her again, this time softly and quick.

“I’m afraid of losing you again. I don’t want anyone to take you from me.” Remembering how he felt when she had been kidnapped, Liam knew that he couldn’t let that happen. Taking a deep breath and holding it, he pulled her as close as he could and kissed her again, in the middle of the crowd. The back of his mind he continued to do his best to push back the effects of the drink.
[Maybe if he played his cards right he’ll actually, finally, seal the deal with the Princess…]

[member="Ibaris Varanin"]

Kahne smirked when she said what she said. The song was almost at its end, while their movements had seemingly stayed in one place. Kahne had been gone for a several weeks with his mission and it was luck and perhaps fate that he bumped into Alexandra here again, given how things ended with their last meeting. He felt her start to move as he reacted to her movements, almost identical to hers. Kahne took a deep breath and exhaled slowly as their eyes gazed into one another's again. Her lips neared his as the Jedi felt no instinct to stop what was about happen, his eyes closed and he pressed his to hers.

The kiss in itself was amazing, as that one kiss led to another one that Kahne returned with a little bit more grace and flare. Another that followed as their lips broke and the Jedi took a deep breath as his eyes opened to look into hers once more. "Woah." Kahne said with a small chuckle he glanced around slightly as the dance floor started to clear and Kahne smiled as he jerked his head slightly to the side off the floor they were on.

"You wanna get outta here?" Kahne inquired, indicating a more quiet and to themselves spot.

[member="Alexandra Russo"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (retired)
"Woah is right," Alex chuckled softly as her forehead rested upon his, breathe catching itself, and hand along the Jedi's neck stroking the back of his head tenderly while brandy browns gazed into baby blues. Kahne was a kisser of the highest caliber, but she expected no less. He was a man of the same.

The kiss left Alexandra's body tingly and on fire, definitely wanting for more. She could tell the Jedi Master was in the same line of thinking as her. It had struck a nerve in each other. Neither wanted to be apart any longer. Be it a just a few of hours, a day, gods a whole week… Together the two would be some how, some way. The Taanabian would take what she could get, and cherish what time they could muster as the memories would have to suffice and get them through until the next time, right?

"Yes definitely, let's get out of here," the brandy-eyed brunette answered with the warmest of smiles before she followed Kahne off the dance floor on his arm as a lover would. Yeah, this night was going to be one hell of a memory in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga005q-6WK4

[member="Kahne Porte"]

((out))

Ibaris Varanin

I
She let him hold her and in the fold of his arms, her face tucked into him, tears began anew, slow and liberating. It would never protect him to keep him at arms length, and the way in which she hurt herself in doing so would be of no service. Nay, the closer he was, the closer he stayed, the more she could do.The more they shared, the more trust was given, the better the bond. That bond, in theory, made the difference between another day and no more.

Why was he still here? Her eyes were directed to his by his own hand, and the answer to the why was laid out. She let him kiss her... nay, she relinquished control, accepting that which was given. She, too, was afraid, a realisation that would come within his correcting admittance that she felt exactly the same way but for entirely different reasons. How many times could have been the last, that she might have finally driven him away? How firm had her grip on the controls of their long and slow-evolving relationship been, that she scarred him? The kiss was returned until broken, the fear of loss was laid out bare, and merging of their faces resumed.

He was the only person in the room that mattered at that moment, but he wasn't the only person in the room. One last time, the lip-lock was ended, and she pulled away, only enough to see the full expression of his face, which she brushed fingertips over at a cheek.

"I don't want to stop," she insisted, mildly, "but I don't want to go on, not around all these people."

She swallowed, feeling a little parched, and smiled weakly.

"Take me home, farmboy, and I'll show you what I mean."

[member="Liam Quez"]

Tela Uolmi

T
The host's bed? She felt almost too dirty. Almost, but that was just the thrill. Disengaging from the chair, she tossed one last glance back to where [member="Asmus Janes"] had wandered off to, and tailed the half-firrerreon to the side corridor he'd disappeared into, her back end trotting out a swaying, seductive cadence for those, if any at all, that might've spotted them sneaking off to another part of the Na'Varro home.

Already she was losing her uniform jacket, hanging it over her shoulder once her arms were free. No time wasted. Yep, that was her. An errant thought went all the way back to Asmus, wondering what could have been, if he too were coming along for the ride. No, this one was all hers, and it was okay to be greedy.

More than okay.

[member="Sal Katarn"]

And this is where the dev begins, ooh yeah~

Already, some were leaving, but they were young folks, and they could have their night. As was par for the course, the fiftyish govenor of Eriadu and head of the GA's x-wing department Incom Corporation had made the rounds, making small talk with bigwigs and skirting the notice of drooling x-wing fanboys that had caught onto him at the last gala. He wasn't here to give funds to the project - nay, he was here to (ideally) hammer out the contract. This thing had been a silent study at Incom since the early days of the Alliance; he was big on symbols, and a flagship would be a very big one.

Soon enough, he made his way to one of the side bars, at which he found [member="Astarii Saren"] - the only other person at this 'do with at least half a mind on the real purpose of the gathering, or at least that's what he could surmise when he got closer and saw schematics. Musing that over while he grabbed the stool next to her and took a whisky, neat, from the bartender, he gathered his thoughts against the thrumming tide of celebration.

"Not the most conducive environment to work in, is it?"

He showed a mild-yet-welcoming smile, lifted the glass, gave it a sniff, then knocked back a short gulp.

When the half-finished bottle of Whyren's Reserve had ended up before her with Rogue Twelve's regards, Astarii found herself enthralled with the smoky flavor. Bathing her tongue with the Corellian Firewater, the Captain's eyes fluttered with pleasure as the burn settled in. Not only did the gift taste damn good, but the sensation it brought with it after every sip? Intoxicating.

Placing the now empty glass beside her stack of crystalline data slates, the Hapan had nearly missed the arrival of Eriadu's Governor and his subsequent statement regarding conducive environments. Blinking away the alcohol that sought to steal her vision, Astarii took a moment to replay the interjection over again.

"The noise helps me think," She said with a lopsided smile. "I tend to go mad in the silence."

Pouring herself another finger of Whiskey, she looked at the Governor with a curiously cocked eyebrow before sliding him one of the many data slate's piled before her.

"The Supreme Commander's got me looking through the Omega Pyre's databanks to find some design to utilize in our flagship that this whole Fundraiser's going to fund - but everything I see is going to waste our resources."

| [member="Kelly Perris"] |​

Tobias Wrynn

T
Wrynn was not a man who tended to have fun.

He stood outside the establishment with his weapons in place and his helmet fastened over his head and listened to the dull reports from security lines across the vicinity. Money was good when you got involved with the Alliance. They lined the pockets of security detail for big events like this with the overhead costs, so the merc was not about to miss out on the opportunity. After three hours of nonchalance, one of the other guards mentioned taking the rest of the evening off to go inside for drinks. There was a murmur of assent, but most of the men opted to stay on duty. He counted about four who made for the time clock.

Wrynn never took to drinking- his father had been the kind of man who dove into bottles at night, and his mother paid the price for it. Sometimes Tobias got the same treatment. By the time his father died when he was thirteen, he already resolved to never be the kind of man who treats women like dirt, or to indulge in a liquid that would make him want to. He trained from that point toward becoming the best soldier he could be.

So many children played Jedi, waved sticks about like lightsabers, and yearned to even glimpse what the Force was. Wrynn grew up with the knowledge he would probably never know, and that suited him just fine. The accident that took his sight was a blessing in disguise, because he gained vision that not even magical powers could replicate. The cybernetics that lined his retinas made him the sort of marksman that could have rivaled Boba Fett. Maybe.

Wrynn liked to think so, at least.

Sullust may well have been hell. Sweat beaded on his brow as he sighed and leaned back against the outer wall of the estate. While it was unlikely anyone would try to infiltrate the party and make a scene, he was being paid for vigilance. There were Jedi inside, diplomats, officers, allies of the Alliance- all the sort of people well above his pay grade. Who in their right mind would try to break into something like that?

Someone who doesn't care about dying, Wrynn observed silently.

"There are some knockout ladies in there, Wrynn," one of the now-inebriated guards slurred as he clapped a hand on the man's shoulder. "You should go have a peek, at least. You're not saving it for marriage, are you?"

"Feth off, Lukas," Wrynn replied curtly.

"What, can't get it up?" Lukas jeered, "it's fine, man, no one's judging you. All I'm saying is that you could use some down time. You're always so damn serious."

"Someone has to be," he answered. "You two, make sure the ensign gets to his bunk safely. No detours."

"Hey, wait, you're not-"

"Article 8 subsection 3-6 of the Military Charter explicitly states that an impaired mind at one's post is a class three crime punishable at Tribunal by imprisonment in the brig and docking of a month's pay," Wrynn recited, "I'm making sure that you don't get the book thrown at you, Lukas. Go quietly."

The man shut his mouth and lowered his head as the other two lead him away from the scene. "You didn't have to do him any favors," one of the other guards called to Tobias. "He was being a little-"

"We're all soldiers, Reg," Wrynn glanced toward the man who wore a perpetual frown. It's our job to look out for one another. No one else will."

Reg grunted.

"Still, I wonder if the girls are all that pretty," Wrynn joked.

"Too pretty for our ugly mugs," Reg snorted. "They don't pay us for our good looks, Wrynn."

"Damn right," the Sniper laughed.

And so, the night dragged on...

"Same," he admitted, "spent a good chunk of my life as an active duty pilot," and lifted his glass in a sort of salute to those bygone times, taking another draw of the amber liquid, "or in environments like this one after ops, good or bad. Silence in most cases either meant something was wrong, or that you were the straggler in the cantina at the end of the night. You get used to the noise. Still can't sleep without a noise machine, to be honest."

He chuckled briefly, and lifted the first slate off the pile, perusing the specs, then moved on to another, and another.

"The problem, captain, is none of these were designed with the considerations of such a statement in mind," he suggested, looking through another slate, "strong designs they may be."

He put down the last slate, and promptly drained his glass.

"Add to that the fact of which... when the Protectorate was in its prime, they were touting a much larger bankroll. The Alliance simply isn't that big yet, among other reasons," and he waved a hand to nowhere in particular, "hence the fundraisers, but our ideals are. Outfits like ours have built their rise on statements and symbols that etch themselves upon hearts and minds."

He laid out his hands, palms upward.

"Such as the X-Wing was to the Rebel Alliance, in centuries long past," and he overturned his hands, putting one to tapping his empty whisky glass while making eye contact with the 'tender, "which brings me to the entire reason I'm here, tonight. I'd like to help solve your dilemma, Captain, and give the Alliance another statement or symbol for the cause."

[member="Astarii Saren"]

Liam Quez

L
Liam exhaled in an attempt to get his mind grounded from the swimming effect she gave him and from what the drink had done to him. Maybe he should have listened to her and avoided the drink like she had said. Though when did he ever listen to her? Pressing his lips together as she spoke and asked him to take her home, he pondered his thought process. The boy remained quiet as he pondered everything that led up to this moment. What didn’t occur to him, was that she wanted to go home to show him what she meant.

Eyes darted around the room as he remembered he was in the middle of a party that they had technically just arrived at. They hadn’t said hello to Ibaris’ mother yet and he really hadn’t had a chance to catch up with some of his old crew the pack. All of that didn’t weigh as important to him as what she had said.

Which repeated itself in his head over and over again, he should really listen more often. Smiling, he nodded and kissed her softly on the forehead. “Okay, let’s get out of here.” Grabbing her hand, he let his finger lace with hers and he lead her out of the party the same way they had entered.
TO THE PEREGRINE! [member="Ibaris Varanin"]

As the Hapan had spied the Governor's gesture, beckoning the Barkeep to fill his desolate glass with his liquid affection, she decided to take the initiative. With the well-dressed man making his approach, she had snatched the viridescent bottle from between her neatly stacked pile of Data Slates and filled her newly minted companion's glass with two fingers of the golden fluid. Tilting the fluted decanter and rolling it so that none of it's precious contents were spilled, the woman placed it between the two of them, within easy reach of either party should they desire to empty what remained.

"Sadly it's not Batch En-En One-Eight-Two, but from what I could taste of it - this Bottle of Whyren's Reserve is exquisite." Losing her lopsided grin, and adorning her disfigured face with a muddled smirk, Astarii tried to stifle the urge to giggle like some silly little schoolgirl. She was never one for parties and all the merriment that surrounded her was going to her head. With her thoughts starting to swim, she coaxed the Bartender closer and politely asked him for some water. They had a big day tomorrow, and the Hapan would need a clear head.

"It was a gift to me from one of the infamous Rogues of Rogue Squadron," She paused for a moment to take the proffered flute of flat water from their Tender's hands and bathe her tongue in the restorative elixir. "I thought it would be fitting since you're the Executive Head of the Incom Corporation, and it's the least I could do for my Savior."

Placing the drained glass down and wiping the errant droplet from her lips, Astarii lifted up one of her many data slates and began scouring it's crystalline surface in search of inspiration. He had spoken of symbols and statements before she had so boldly poured him a glass of fine Corellian Whiskey, and the Hapan knew that he was right. It was something she had been trying to consider - but nearly tossed the idea out when one of her subordinates had offered up the idea of a massive Carrier, built in the shape of the Alliance Starbird.

"Tell me," She said with a thoughtful look painting her face. "With so many member worlds chomping at the bit for the chance to be represented, and those of the corporate sector after that, how do we satisfy everyone so they'll continue to support this titanic endeavor?"

| [member="Kelly Perris"] |​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Astarii Saren"]

MEANWHILE

TO: Office of Nemo Ven, Supreme Commander, GADF
FROM: Office of Director Lady Ajira Cardei, Strategic Security Branch, Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps, Naboo
RE: Update on Probe and Deployment Technologies

This note outlines recent Naboo advances in reconnaissance probe technologies and deployment options. These technologies should be ready for deployment within the timeframe of your flagship development program. Appendices to this note include performance files on the listed projects.

• The Strategic Intrasystem Active Reconnaissance (SIARC) probe obtains comprehensive scans of enemy forces and areas of heavy cover, such as dense nebular regions. Its secondary mission profile is advance warning through hyperspace traffic detection. Status: fully operational.
  • The Interdiction and Customs Inspection (INCIS) probe obtains in-depth short-range scans of unknown vessels. Its secondary mission profile is tactical interdiction via a miniaturized pulse-mass generator. Status: late-stage development.
  • The Extended Prospecting and Atmospheric Reconnaissance (EXPARC) probe scans astronomical bodies and phenomena for in-demand raw materials and lifesigns. Status: fully operational.
  • The Superluminal Reconnaissance (SUREC) probe is hyperspace-capable and operates with multirole functionality. The SUREC probe is suitable for prospecting, exploration, strategic or tactical missions. Status: fully operational.

This office will update you as further technologies receive final approval from His Majesty's Office. Ongoing development projects include several other specialized drones and a dedicated deployment launcher. The launcher is calibrated for maximum compatibility with Galactic Alliance starship engineering.

"Thanks," he said, lifting the glass and peering into the liquid, "I haven't yet replaced my own reserve of this stuff, what with all that's been going on," and he took a sip, his eyes slipping shut a moment as he savoured it, "exquisite, you're absolutely right."

He placed the glass back on the bartop, and looked on the captain once again, "You're welcome. The least I could do," watching [member="Astarii Saren"] scour a slate for one thing or another. When had he last taken the time to just... watch people going about their lives? Sat down on a balcony or outdoor patio and watched the minutiae of life flow by? His expression softened. He'd have to get the family together soon. Again, lifting the glass, he took on more of the golden substance, as Astarii posed her next question. Lowering the glass, he went to thinking it over, finding there to be only one sufficient answer.

"Get them involved," he said, frankly, "a project of this magnitude, of this significance, can't be put upon just one corporation, no matter their capability to handle the entire endeavour," came the words, with some bit of minor amusement, "so get them involved. It'll take many hands to build, and the member worlds can provide the personnel. It'll take many pieces, and the corporate world is your resource for all the best fits."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom