Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction We Are All Bound by Purpose [Open to Dawnguard, PM to join]

From the time of his passing, to standing in front of the pyres, the family had taken time to be together. Although not much was said between them all, it was spent making sure that each and every one was safe, and any physical injuries were attended to. There was nothing to be done about the cost to their hearts, that was an injury that would only heal in time and individually by their own means. Of course, support and comfort would be sort for, offered but in times of great sorrow, that is all that can be afforded. The family was not the only people to suffer the loss, all of Midvinter stood united in that as once more they lost their king.

To Coci however, she knew that in the days and years to follow, she would be needed to help Thurion through this. He had lost his brother as a child, and now he stood repeating that experience, but this time Thurion had had years to celebrate in their reunion, something he had not had before. But the parting would be harder because of it.

She felt the gentle squeeze of his hand in hers, before he stepped forward to light the flames of his brother’s pyre alongside Thyrian’s family. Coci reflected on the times they had spent together, been beside Thyrian in his time of redemption on Midvinter. His long hours of labour as he constructed the Fortress of the Dawn high in the mountains and he would not take help from anyone.

He had determined to complete it, and he did.

Life would change for everyone, not just the family, Midvinter would undergo a new era and the family, all of them, would help to re-build their homes, their families and their lives. Nothing would ever be the same, how could it after this battle. The biggest battle Midvinter had ever seen.

She looked along the line of people, seeing so many that had come through this with their lives, and those that did not. There were gaps in the line where others would have stood, their bodies now laying among the dead. They will always be remembered, in hearts and minds, but also in history and from this day forward, this day will mark their sacrifice and Midvinter will come together once more, to remember them.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna | Nida Perl Nida Perl

He stood looking at the ground in front of the pyre of his uncle, the words he spoke to Théo playing over in his mind, he lifted his gaze momentarily to look over to his father. There was so much weighting on his father’s shoulders now that it appeared to Théo that he could see his shoulders slumping with it. Added to it all was his grief, a profound grief that only he would feel in this moment, and for years to come. Théo knew he could not lighten that load even if he wanted too.

His arm moved out and wrapped around Thora who now stood next to him, safe and unharmed. Just as Bors had promised him. Ever the protective father, he debated whether she should attend, but it was all too late for that now, his daughter having witnessed far worse on the battlefield. Besides, he knew he could not protect her against such things forever, she was not much younger than he was when he watched his grandpapa on the pyre.

Thora nuzzled into his body, but kept her eyes fixed on the flames, he had to wonder what was running through her mind at this. Théo let out a long sigh knowing this was her first funeral, but it would not be her last. Was that going through her mind? Best to put those thoughts aside for now.

One thing was clear to him as his eyes finally lifted to the flames now roaring with intensity and taking the dead to their final resting place, was that his vow to his uncle would stand for as long as he could stand and draw breath. This would be a changing event for all of them, the Heavenshields now at the forefront of Midvinter once more which made his mind turned to thoughts of his brother.

Where was Thirdas?

Now he started to worry, Théo had not seen his brother anywhere in the ruined city. He closed his eyes and searched, his ability far stronger that it used to be and that alone was something Théo pondered. Through the force, his brother’s presence was there, yet weaker as if part of him had vanished.

Where are you?

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna Heavenshield? | Nida Perl Nida Perl

A fire’s embrace,
A king in hibernation.
We mourn his passing.

Now come the long night,
In the dawn of spring we rise.
Then our pain will fade.

A new king rises,
The kingdom's brightest beacon.
He is my leader.

My chains are broken,
I can see with clarity.
Vengeance is soon mine.
- Eyna

The choice to name herself something she most certainly was not - a Heavenshield - had stemmed from several intertwining ideas or beliefs. From the fact that her father had given her his last name and in turn something to spit on, to the simple fact that unlike him the Heavenshields had been kind to her. It wasn't hard to see that they would gain nothing from taking her under, much less bringing Eyna into their home and yet they had. The small wounds in her mind, the ones that spoke of the dangers of family and proximity had been challenged since the day she had arrived, and with that the sting of having missed out was growing all the more unbearable.

She would refuse to let it show but it hurt more than ever. It hadn't been right, and she had deserved a childhood in which she hadn't been beaten and bruised in the name of her father's vanity and desperation for some form of eternal life. With the Heavenshields she knew that they wouldn't do that. They wouldn't sell her out and it was...

It was a very confusing feeling. One that she thought even more on as she stood, still as a rock, and stared into the king's pyre.

So different was the ceremony that celebrated and yet mourned the lose of loved ones, as was the Valkyri service. It was these differences that made the peoples of Midvinter so unique and so perfect in their imperfections no only in each one of them, but between them all. It was complimentary, they lived lives so insular within their cultures but, they lived in harmony. Certainly, now they all did, and this was thanks to the man they now stand before and watch his funeral pyre burn. Through him the peoples of Midvinter had united, not because of war, but because of a peace he had brought with him in his rein. It will long be remembered, that Thyrian Hearthfire was the King of Peace between all peoples.

Yet, the pain was the same. There was no difference in that, and she remember the feeling well having lost her own father in the last war. Now her husband had to suffer the same heart break. Both had fallen saving those they loved and did not do so with regret into they did so with love and pure self-sacrifice.

As the last notes of Thrand’s flute drifted off on the breeze, Ióunn stepped forward and took his hand raised it to her lips to place a tender kiss. Soon it would be time to mourn alone, but within each other’s company and eventually they all would have to leave Thainbroek to the ghost of it’s past. To stand alone in the ruins.

They could not let that be. Not forever. It had to rise once more, when the time was right.

But not was the time to heal, not only the body but the hearts. At least to start that part of life’s journey. And not for the last time.

Thrand Hearthfire Thrand Hearthfire | Eyna Eyna

Thirdas had remained with the countless casualties moved into the ruined city upon its recapture, his Nida ever at his side. Missing a leg and an arm, he could no longer move about on his own and had to be carried about on a stretcher. Crutches might work, however he would still require someone to support his right side due to the imbalance of functional limbs. Besides all of the aforementioned difficulties, he simply did not have the strength.

In all the hustle and bustle the aftermath had inevitably brought, it was easy to become just another casualty of war amongst so many others. Thirdas didn't begrudge anyone not asking for him, including his own family; so much had happened, and indeed was happening, that required any man to stop and question it all, let alone place their thoughts on the fate of one lone soldier.

Joining the scores of casualties were none other than his own sister, though thankfully merely to accompany her partner. Arnor had suffered great wounds at some point in the battle, and upon seeing them in passing Thirdas was quick to offer up his spot within the crammed triage center. It certainly did not please Nina to learn about her littlest brother's state.

Nevertheless, once the time had come to conduct the mass funeral just outside the city, Nina chose to leave Arnor in the capable hands of the Jedi healers to instead join Thirdas in reuniting with their family. All had partaken in this terrible battle, and both wished to see the others safe and sound.

They managed to scrounge up an old wheelchair, usually reserved for old men too frail to walk. It was heavy and cumbersome, but it seemed the most dignified mode of transport with which to present Thirdas to their loved ones. No doubt they too would be alarmed to see him such.

Together Nina and Nida pushed the rustic wheelchair through the streets, having wrapped Thirdas in a blanket where he sat upright seemingly without injury. It was slow-moving, and by the time they'd made it through the destroyed gates to join the crowd outside the pyres had already been lit. For a moment they stopped, and Thirdas and Nina got to watch their fallen uncle become engulfed in flames for the last time.

"Come on," he finally said. "Let's get this over with. Like ripping off a band-aid, right Nida?" He turned to the Zeltron with a soft smirk, hoping to instill some semblance of lightheartedness in her.

It was another short distance until they finally reached the others where they stood bidding farewell to the fallen.

"Hey, Théo," he greeted his big brother in that typically simplistic fashion he was known for, taking into no account how his family would react. "Mom. Dad..." he bowed his head in greeting to his parents. All the while Nina tried her best to not alarm them about the state of their youngest.

"Forgive me for not getting up and embrace you all," he then spoke, only to pull away the blanket covering his body to reveal his pair of missing limbs.

"I'm alright, Dad," he addressed he who no doubt would take the news the hardest. He was right. The look on Thurion's face was one of devastation, but also relief to see his littlest one alive and safe. "I'm alright."

His father stumbled towards him and leaned down to embrace his boy in his wheelchair, and Thirdas returned it as best he could with his one remaining arm. "I'm still me, Dad. I'm still your son," he comforted his old man for once. Nina was quick to join in the embrace of their father.

He was so incredibly strong, yet even Thurion Heavenshield needed to be told everything was going to be alright once in a while.

The feeling of sense things through the force was heightened to Théo, it was so strange that it would be so strong. Maybe he had to do with the fact that he had not the connection for some time now and his ability and presence was running unchecked. The tingling he got, when Thirdas approached alerted him that something was wrong. Thirdas alive and here but .. he turned to see his brother.

Théo’s shoulders slumped a little at the sight of him in the wheelchair and it was obvious that his injuries had been severe. He walked up to his brother, leaned down and hugged him tight as if not seeing him for years and clung to him. “You really got into a mess of trouble this time”.

Their foreheads met, pressed together in their greeting before Théo kissed the top of his head. “I hope that whoever or whatever did this to you, is in worse shape”. He grinned a little, to lighten the mood.

Their mother approached, there was a look on her face that showed no surprise after all she had been there to save her son from death, had seen the extent of his injuries. Coci cast Nida a thankful look, knowing that the young girl would have done everything in her power to help him. She kissed her son, grateful that he was here now, and they would do their utmost to provide what he needs in the coming days.

Théo stood aside, to allow their father to come. Nina was there, he had not seen her in so long with all her wanderings. There was sadness in her heart, the big Beorni nowhere to be seen, her constant companion. Théo pulled her in close, embracing her not wanting to let go. “Arnor?”, he asked, and she would know his meaning.

Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna | Nida Perl Nida Perl

Nida knew it, the healers new it, Thirdas himself knew it—if they didn’t act fast to remove his afflicted limbs, the rot could spread to his heart. And so when he consented, Nida’s hand grasped in his own and placed over his beating heart, she relented. Amputation was his best shot at survival.

The team of healers had moved swiftly to prepare their patient, but Nida quietly refused to leave Thirdas’ side. The procedure could be a grisly one, but Nida had grown more used to the gruesome side of healing. He needed her here, by his side, she reasoned—but she knew that it would be nigh impossible for her to bear being separated from him during the operation.

Now he was awake, with Nida and Nina pushing him along the snow-packed path towards the funeral pyre. Nida had begun to insist that Thirdas stay put and rest, as exhausted as his body was being put through battle, now having to heal from a medical procedure as well as shake off what remained of the anesthesia. It was what any good doctor would do for their patient, but again she relented to those handsome, dark eyes of his. Despite wanting him to rest, it would be good for Thirdas to reunite with his family, and for the rest of the Heavenshield brood to see him as well.

Though aware that Midvinter had suffered the loss of their King, the funeral pyres burned in the back of Nida’s mind. It was difficult for her to process everything that had happened in the past 24 hours, and even harder to believe that she and Thirdas had managed to survive it all. The road to recovery and subsequent cybernetic replacement would be a rocky one, but if anyone had the determination to go through with it, it was Thirdas.

Nida gave Thirdas a tired smile when he gave the go-ahead during the last stretch of their journey. Soon they came upon the rest of his family, revealing to them that he was alive and the subsequent cost. As the family embraced, Nida kept a hand on Thirdas’ shoulder, feeling as if she let go, he would cease to be here. Quietly, she wiped a tear to the side in watching Thurion embrace his youngest.

“He..um, he tolerated the procedure well.” She added softly, not knowing how to approach such an emoational situation. Nervously, she smiled at Coci, knowing that without her intervention, Thirdas would likely not be here.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna

When Théo turned to her, Nina choked up by simply letting their eyes meet and threw her slender arms around his large frame, looking like a child in comparison. Though she was older than both her brothers, she was of no Valkyri descent but of pretty average Umbaran height. It had never bothered her though; she knew she was the elder sibling and that was good enough. Besides, someone needed to possess the brains to balance her brothers' brawn!

"Arnie's gonna be fine, the healers tell me," she said while nuzzling the fur of Théo collar, drying a few tears. "He took a big hit for Grey-Boar and me. I don't know what I would do if..." The thought alone was just too horrid to even consider.

She soaked up her brother's warmth while they embraced, having relied on her own perseverance thus far to combat the cold. All at once she was overcome with emotion; grief at the loss of so many, including their very own uncle. Exhaustion from the long day of fighting. But above all, such joy and relief to see her loved ones had all made it through, though not without scars.

Nina looked up into Théo's handsome face. To her he was still the little boy running here and there looking for adventure.

"I'm done wandering, Théo," she told him with newfound determination. "I already have enough material for a lifetime to put into writing. And with Arnor's injuries... No." She shook her head, then shifted her gaze towards their father. "I shall go west, to help Papa. He will need the support of his family in the years to come. I fear for his heart."

The kindest and gentlest of all hearts. How many more times would it break before utterly shattering?

The two siblings shared a look of concern, before Nina turned her attention to Coci. All at once she was reminded of how she'd missed a mother's embrace while out on the road for all these years. "Mummy," she sighed in relief as they hugged. "You won't be alone in caring for Papa. I'm coming home." Her mother was already weary from shouldering her husband's burdens for so long. Nina wanted her to know it was time their children shouldered some too.

"I love you, Mum," she added, having longed to tell her so in person so many times throughout her wanderings.

Last edited:
To one as old as he, death was ever in his thoughts. For many decades he had sought it, wished for it. All those years during his oath-brother's banishment spent wallowing in his sorrows and utter hatred for the man solely responsible for his misery. As Bors watched the funeral flames devour their fallen king, a true son of his father's, the old man kicked himself internally.

All those years, and I could have done something about it. He should have risen up long before the return of his brother, ended the Usurper's reign and kept the throne safe until the arrival of their true king. But instead he let his entire life pass him by, until he had far more grey in his hair than colour. He was weak, unworthy of Thrand's love.

When the Dawnbringer fell in battle that day long ago, what did he do? Go back to his non-existence in the north. Pathetic! He could have chosen to serve the man's sons right there and then, to be of use again. But no, it ultimately took divine intervention to get him off his lazy arse and go seek out Théodred of House Heavenshield.

It had been a relief to be reunited with the Young Lady again, to see her safe and sound. Thora was as dear to him now as if she were of his own flesh and blood. Another aspect of life he had never allowed himself to partake in.

"A long time ago, I watched your great grandfather ascend to the Gods," he told her with his hands on her shoulders as she stood in front of him. "Your papa was about your age when the old king fell. Though I was not present then, I know it tore the lad's heart out."

"It's important we remember these moments,"
the old man continued. "No person is ever truly gone so long as there are people around to remember them. That's why each man and woman must live their lives to the best of their abilities, so that they are remembered after their passing. Otherwise, they will simply fade away, cease to exist..."

Had he lived his own life to the best of his abilities? Surely not. All he could do was make due with what time he had left.

The sound of heavy footsteps caught his attention. "Uncle Bors," his new king spoke. "It is getting late, and we are all tired. Will you let the other lords know they may retrieve their troops and disband them at their own accord. There are no more battles to be fought." Bors bowed his head. "Aye, Your Grace."

Though the new title hit his ears like the foulest of music, Thurion refrained from correcting him. He was just too tired to put up a fight at this point.

He was not, however, too tired to pluck his granddaughter off the ground and into his embrace, and even managed a smile just for her. "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes, my little one," he whispered past her ear. "Thank the Gods you're safe...!"

Over her shoulder he made eye-contact with Bors once more. "And make sure you get some rest yourself, Grey-Boar," he added. "Have someone take a look at those wounds." Bors offered another bow of his head, then watched the new king wander off with his granddaughter on his arm.

"A good man," he nodded to himself and smiled. Hard times always produce the greatest of heroes.

One Week Later
City of Fridheim, Westmark

The cool water splashing against his face was like a godsend, refreshing and soothing to his skin as well as his mind. The bathroom mirror held his reflection as he stared into it; two deep-blue eyes stared back at him instead of one, and the scars that once marked the left side of his face had all but faded into nothingness. At times he found himself avoiding eye-contact with his reflection for fear that the Crone would make one last cursed appearance, but so far nothing.

Thurion's features relaxed. "Good riddance," he finally said as he reached for a towel with which to wipe his face. Just then there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"You sent for me, Your Grace?" It was Bors, who for once had ditched his ragged old leathers for something of far finer material. No doubt these would only last the duration of the ceremony. Thurion stepped outside into the hall.

"Ah yes, so I did! I, uh, have something to ask of you," he placed a hand upon the old man's shoulder. "Would you... consider conducting the coronation, Uncle?" Bors met the youngster's gaze with wide eyes. "I realise we do not share kinship by blood, but... you were my father's sworn brother. That makes you part of this family. You are my elder, and it would mean a lot to me that it be you that place the crown upon my head this day. It would mean a lot to me, to know I have Grey-Boar's blessing."

Bors now placed a steady hand upon his cheek. "You honour me far too greatly with these words of kindness, Your Grace." He took a deep breath, then smiled. "I accept... Nephew." Thurion found himself leaning into the hand cupping his cheek. He'd missed the touch of a parental figure. "Thank you, Uncle Bors."

The appearance of Coci had the old man take a step back and bow his head. "My lady. I was, uh, just taking my leave. I shall see the two of you at the ceremony." Bors awkwardly slipped past her and stepped outside through the front door, leaving husband and wife to each other's company.

"You look... beautiful," Thurion remarked on her dress and appearance, as if it wasn't obvious already. He stepped towards her and reached for her hand to place a delicate kiss upon her wedding band. "You always look beautiful to me." He shone a bright smile at her, yet even now there was a sadness in his eyes. In case it escaped her noticing, he then gently put his arms around her to hold her close, nuzzling into her shoulder.

"How will we ever hide away now," he lamented with a whisper. All he'd ever wished for was to slip away from the public eye, to spend their remaining days together in humble simplicity, just the two of them. Instead they'd been struck with yet another spotlight.

For the longest time he held onto her. His Coci. His lifelong partner, lover, and friend. Yet again they were to sacrifice years of their lives for public service.

"Promise me," he then said. "Promise me that you will not put me above yourself. That you and I remain equal in all things, in every decision. Just like we've always been." He would not go through with it unless he had her by his side.

"I love you, now and beyond this life." And he placed his lips upon hers, pouring every ounce of his love for her into their kiss.

A new chapter was about to begin, as soon as they set foot out that front door. All along the cobbled streets of Fridheim there were people eagerly anticipating the start of the ceremony, gathered from every corner of this world, consisting of all three kindreds. They would march down towards the city square, where they would kneel before the statue of the Dawnbringer and receive what the people shall soon bestow upon them.

At the moment, however, he felt content kissing the girl of his dreams.

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
One Week Prior
Odiirland, Midvinter

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Bors Greythorne Bors Greythorne | Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Ióunn Ar-Olwa Ióunn Ar-Olwa | Eyna Eyna | Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield | Thrand Hearthfire Thrand Hearthfire | Thyrian Hearthfire Thyrian Hearthfire

TYq0B3X.png

The recent weeks had been long and arduous, though for an entirely different state of affairs contrary to her Husband and families struggles of late. Ylva had been residing these last months with Clan Havardr, set to the east of Odiirland and south of the Fortress of Dawn. Much of the Red Wolf's earlier years had been clouded with deciet, a sorry history of resentment between Clan Solveig and Clan Havardr which had originated over a Woman, Ylva's Mother. Today only one Clan remained, one that she was tied to by blood and thanks to Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield 's encouragement and support, Ylva had secured a renewed and vested relationship with the people, those of which she was meant to lead.

Yet the responsibility of leadership was not a life that Ylva had longed for, and so for the most part she had resided there as their kin, a clanswoman, albiet respected no less. Ylva had spent her days hunting, restoring their supplies and assisting in the refinement of village structures which sorely required work. They were not a large Clan, nor were they close with those of Fridheim or Norvegr-fen. Their lodgings were a far cry from her beloved hearth of New Himmeldal, yet this was a matter of honor, blood and integrity. These people had deserved and well earned the aid of the House of Heavenshield, and through marriage and the grace of the Gods themselves, Ylva was able to deliver that much.

All of this to say, she had missed a great deal of going on's farther out in the wider plains of Midvinter. Technology was not something she cared much for, and Midvinter was perfect in it's limiting such foreign luxuries, thus contacting her Husband or her In-Laws was oft done by Raven or Messenger. It was the latter of the two that had found Ylva in the midst of a hunt, disturbed a would-be killing shot, and nearly found himself mauled by that of Bjomolf.

Her beloved Father-in-Law was set to be crowned King of Midvinter, and it was an affair that she ought not miss, lest she forever be scolded by her Mother-in-Law and Mentor, Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield . She would bid her farewells to they of Clan Havardr, and saddle atop the great Ice Wolf, she and her adored guardian of the wilds to set forth for the City of Fridheim.

City of Fridheim, Westmark
Coronation Day

She stepped back and let Bors pass her with a smile, there was so much going on today and very little time to get things organised. Bors had seen to it mostly, he was a good director of people and knew what was required for such a day. Coci did not sleep much the night before, there was so many changing in their lives in such a short time it was hard to take in, let alone try and figure out a new direction in life. And now it was their turn? an old chapter of her life had closed, a new about to begin. Her last one. She knew it too.

Before her stood the man she had loved from the first days of meeting him, ever by her side and ever there for when she needed him, and she had been there in times of darkness for him as well. She had seen the very best of him, and the very worst when despair had taking a hold of his heart and it took great strength to pull him back. Her darkness had been lit by his light on more than one occasion and he had even brought her back from the path of death.

"Oh this old thing?", her jest at
her elaborate robes in the Heavenshield colours, designed for the coronation. Although she wanted something more simple, the elders of the city would not hear of it. It would not be fitting for their new queen to dress so. "You know the only place in the world in which we can truly hide away", she grinned entering the room.

"That I can promise you", she took his hand in hers, but it was a matter of meaning and although she would be his equal as he wished, she could never promise that she would not spend her life in order to protect his. Deep down he would know that, they were both just too ingrained with the Jedi Way for anything else.

She returned his kiss, her love entering his heart with the touch of her lips. "Now and beyond this life, I will love you".

Outside their small home by the lake, people came back and forth preparing the way for them. She could hear their soft voices filtering through the walls and their tone was happiness which if nothing else was achieved this day that would be enough. There had been too much sadness and heart ache, too much that if only for a few hours was pushed aside so they would remember what it felt like to live, this was a good day. The city of Fridheim had tripled in size, people opening their doors to those in need of a place to rest and heal, no one had wanting for anything.

And now there was only one thing left to do. Crown their new King.

Last edited:
It had, undeniably, been a difficult time following the return home. It was difficult getting out of bed in the morning. It was difficult getting dressed. It was difficult sitting down for a meal. It was difficult falling asleep at night.

Everything was difficult.

However, having stayed at the very same home where he'd once grown up, he always had his family to rely on. His father had already produced a brand new wheelchair for him, far lighter and more comfortable than the one used at the funeral a week before. Getting around town was no longer an issue, save for the fact he still needed someone to push him along.

For this, he had his Nida.

In spite of the many new difficulties he now faced after the loss of his right-side limbs, Thirdas always had a spare smile saved for Nida. Once the two return to Kashyyyk, they would go through the process of introducing cybernetics in the form of an arm and a leg. Until then he would need to rest up and let his body adjust. Until then, he would require her strength and patience.

Now dressed in fine clothes and wrapped inside a warm fur, Thirdas leaned back in his chair. If he could, he would twiddle his thumbs. "The old man knows it's today, right?" He turned to his brother Théo at his side, jesting. "Naw, it's cool, though. Not as if I got better things to do anyway."

While they waited, the whole Heavenshield clan lined up and ready, Thirdas managed to snatch his niece Thora and place her in his lap. "Got'cha!" He rested his chin atop her head, keeping his arm around her waist. "I know, I'm bored too," he told her in further jest.

His hand came off Thora briefly as he then reached for Nida's hand and placed a soft kiss upon it. To let her know just how grateful he was just for her presence alone.

Last edited:
Nina had been so greatly worried at the time of the journey back home, fearing that she might be separated from Arnor as he was still in the care of the healers on the day of departure. Sure enough, however, the white giant had shown up on the horizon just as they were about to move out. She practically bounced into his embrace at seeing him alive and well, albeit with several deep scars running across his chest. Almost immediately she'd backed away for fear of having caused harm to her precious companion, however Arnor assured her he was fine.

She did notice however that during the march to the west, Arnor seemed to struggle to keep up. Several times she would look over her shoulder to find him trailing behind, and would then wait for him to catch up the already sluggish pace.

It would seem that, finally, Arnor the Oathsworn had run out of his will to wander. When asked about it, the quiet Beorni would simply reply, "I stay. I stay."

Nina, having learned to interpret his limited vocabulary, took this as his intention to remain at her side as she settled at Fridheim. "But, what about your people," she'd then ask him. "No my people. No your people. Only people," came his response. It was true; they were all the same people from this day forth.

Nothing could have pleased her more than to have him back by her side.

A week passed. The day of her father's coronation was at hand.

There she stood beside her brothers and loved ones, with Arnor ever at her back. In her hands she held the unfurled banner of House Heavenshield, fluttering freely and proudly in the wind. A rampant lion of gold, now depicted with an equally golden crown upon its head, displayed against the familiar blue field.

"Hey! Thirdas!" She leaned forward, looking past Théo to whisper over at her youngest sibling with a stern look. "Shut up!"

Thirdas simply shrugged his shoulders with a rebellious look on his face.

"Shut up," came another voice from behind Nina, deeper than all others. To hear Arnor speak such unexpected words proved too much, and after brother and sister looked at each other, neither could hold back their laughter.

He had not let his daughter out of his sight since they were reunited. Although Thora had been unharmed, Théo knew that something in her had changed. It was like she was older, sudden grown up and her sense of innocence gone. So much had been lost, and this was one of the many tragic things, for a child loose.

Théo sat on the step with his back pressed to the pole holding up the veranda of their father and mother’s home. He watched his daughter sitting there too fiddling with the end of his robe, she was lost in thought until Thirdas spoke up drawing her attention.

Only a week had passed, his mind still numb from the events that transpired, at the forefront, the loss of his uncle and what that all meant for them all. Especially father. He shook his mind from his own brooding thoughts and turned to watch his siblings, thank the force they all came through this with their lives. Théo chuckling at his internal mirth at Thirdas and his knack for getting into more trouble than he can handle. Hopefully now, he would have learned from it and not be so ready to run head long into a fight he can’t win.

Letting go of his sadness Théo laughed along with the rest of them, it was good to see Arnor up and about, even better that Nina and he would be staying put, here in Fridheim, at least for a while. He would help were he could, live up to his vow he gave to Thyrian and watch out for his father, but he had duty to the Northmark as well. It did not faze him however; extra duty is no stranger to Théo.

“Come on Thirdas, we best make sure you are looking pretty for the ceremony, although there’s not much we can do about that buff head of yours”.

Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Eyna Eyna | Ylva Heavenshield | Nida Perl Nida Perl

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield // Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield // Nida Perl Nida Perl

Although the days had passed into a week, Eyna hadn’t said much between the point where one king was buried and the other was meant to get their crown. The others seemed to be alive, and well, and yet despite Eyna being much the same — in no small thanks to Thurion — she felt strangely still inside as if a silence had fallen upon her that she didn’t want to struggle against. Her muscles didn’t ache. It was peace, of some sort. Despite the misery and suffering she had seen she still slept at ease for each night that passed.

So, when the others prepared, Eyna sat in the hall of ceremonies already. Her stare set on the wall as she continued to ponder what was going on inside of her.

At the very least she was there. That was a good first step. For now, Eyna would remain unresponsive. Present, but unresponsive nonetheless.

Following the all too pre-mature end of their kiss, Thurion rested his forehead against hers and stared deep into her eyes of infinite mystique. These precious moments of intimacy with Coci gave him that last ounce of courage to face the music. "Let us go then... my Queen."

The front door of their humble home swung open, revealing the man and woman of the hour. They were met with joyous cheers and thunderous applause from the people lining the main street leading down to the square, but these were soon blocked out as Thurion and Coci were joined by their children, grandchildren, and their loved ones on the veranda.

He first approached Nina, his eldest child. She held upright the banner of their house, and ever having her back was of course Arnor. She held his gaze for a moment and smiled, only to bow her head next. Thurion would have none of it and pulled her in for a hug. "My joy," he told her, for hers was the purest of hearts and gentlest of touches.

Next was Théodred, their firstborn. He who most emulated their father, in action as well as disposition, and had even risen to a lordship of his own. He had also started his own family, firmly securing the future of House Heavenshield. Thurion looked him over, impressed by the man he'd become. "My strength," he said and nodded to himself with fatherly pride, before embracing him as he did Nina.

Last but not least, Thurion turned to his youngest child. He who had sought another calling than that of a Jedi, and found it with the Antarian Rangers. However, the Heavenshield patriarch held within his heart the unspoken wish that his son would one day realise his true potential. He settled a hand upon Thirdas' cheek, still pained to see him in such a sorry state. "My hope," he spoke and leaned down to place a kiss in his hair.

Finally he stepped out onto the street, then turned back to offer his hand to his wife. "My love," he named her.

The other members of Clan Heavenshield formed up behind the two, including all their closest loved ones, and together they marched down the cobbled street on full display to the peoples of Midvinter. Now the cheering finally got through to him, and not wishing to disappoint Thurion timidly raised a hand to wave to the crowds.

From every window facing the street there rained petals of flowers of every colour imaginable, falling where they may. There was an outpoor of joyous celebration the likes of which had not been witnessed in decades.

It was a short walk down to the city square, where normally market stalls would litter the open space. Today however trade was not a concern for anyone, for it was not every day a new king was made - an occasion certainly unique to the citizens of Fridheim.

There, upon the platform at the centre of the marketplace before the towering statue of the Lord of Sunlight, stood Grey-Boar proudly presiding over the coronation ceremony. From here on out, Thurion and Coci would have to carry on alone. The other members of their house would take up position at the foot of the platform where they may witness their father's ascension.

Before he and Coci could step unto the platform, however, the crowd fell eerily silent and like a wave washing over them they bowed their heads in respect. Only this time, it was directed towards another.

Appearing from amidst the crowd was none other than Queen Kära of House Hearthfire, recently widowed. Her usual white attire was now replaced with a black dress and see-through veil, still in mourning for her late husband. Joining her were none other than her son Thrand and his wife, the Queen of Averlorn, as well as Kära's twins in either hand.

Kära came to a stop before Thurion and Coci, trying her hardest to muster a smile. Without a word she then got down on one knee, wishing to be the first to pay respects to her new sovereign. "Long life to you, Your Graces."

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Of the men Ylva had known, there was none more fit to be called a King than Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield . The closest person to give credit to the title of Father, and the only figure of such a stature in her life, Ylva had been blessed with a most prestigious pair of in-laws the day she had wed Théodred Heavenshield Théodred Heavenshield . Standing within the square flanked by the good people of the City of Fridheim, she watched from afar with an admiring smile, her arms crossed and listening to the chatter of the folk around her as they too bid their respects to the new King of Midvinter.

The Heavenshields had fought many great and horrifying battles in order to protect and stand vigil over their beloved world, time and time again Thurion and Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield especially had put their lives on the line to safeguard the innocent and ensure the natural order of things remained. Moving forward from this day, Ylva had no doubt that whatever threat might come, whatever struggle may be around the corner, their honorable King would do all that was within his power to honor the position he held, just as he had always done.

Her family were further ahead, standing near to the new King of Lions, yet Ylva chose to remain where she was for the time being. Her typical nature seeing better reason than to make a show of herself when formalities were required. She'd arrived a little later than expected, yet fortunately not missed the ceremony and for that she was more than appreciative. While it had been some time since she had been with her beloved, they would have plenty of time ahead to catch up.

Spotting Thora Heavenshield Thora Heavenshield among them, Ylva's head tilted slightly, a broad smirk at the sight of her Daughter. She was her Father's Daughter, and Théodred doted on her something fierce. Seeing her standing there with the rest of the Heavenshields gave Ylva a sense of pride in that her first born looked every ounce the part of their family. Standing before the people as a future warden over Midvinter, she was fast coming into her own.

It had been a quiet and solemn return to the woodland realm of Averlorn. Many among the fallen on the fields of Tháinbroek had been Aelvar, joining their Valkyri and Beorni brethren in death. Elves, however, mourn their dead differently from what Thrand was used to; there was no public outpouring of grief in the form of tears, but rather in song. As the lines of battle-worn troops entered Averlorn through the secret passage under the mountains acting as a natural barrier between the realms of Men and Elves, they were met by the most sorrowful song carried on the wind, as if the trees themselves were singing.

Those at home would have already sensed the passing of their loved ones, for it was only natural for couples that lasted for centuries to form spiritual bonds stronger than the strongest steel. And as Aelvar only bond with one such person throughout their long lifetime, they shall ever bear the grief until they may join their beloved in the afterlife.

As Thrand rode at the head of the returning army with his queen at his side, he could not help but grieve on their behalf; the Aelvar had never before taken part of such a large-scale battle, but had in the past kept to themselves and only witnessed the destructive ways of Valkyri infighting from afar. Never before had so many lives been lost in such a short span of time. It must be utterly crippling.

While he too was mourning the loss of his own father, his true concern was for his mother who had now outlived her husband a second time. When offered to stay at the palace with him and Ióunn, Kära had refused, stating she would not live out her remaining days as someone's guest. So, instead she was offered a dwelling of her own amongst the Elves where she may continue to raise the little twins.

In the week that passed following the defeat of the Crone, Thrand made sure to stop by each and every day to check on his mother, make certain she ate and slept properly. She always thanked him for his visits, however silly and pointless she might think them.

On the day leading up to his uncle's coronation, a large delegation of Aelvar set out for Westmark to witness history in the making; the first time their kind would ever bear witness to such an event. These consisted not only of the Queen and Prince-Consort and their security escort, but most of it was made up of regular people wishing to partake in the festivities. They could use a little celebration.

So it was that when Kära stepped forth to honour the new King and Queen, Thrand and Ióunn accompanied her. His mother, dressed in all black since her husband's passing, bent the knee to signal the passing of the torch, from one dynasty to another. Thrand felt it all a bit dramatic, and subtly prodded his mother. "Mother, please," he spoke softly while placing a hand on her shoulder. "We are holding up the ceremony. They have yet to receive their crown."

However it was not her son's words that made Kära rise when she did, but rather the bidding of Thurion. "Come, my dear friend," he said and held out his hand. "That is no place for a Queen." Kära looked up at him, and through her veil he saw her eyes were welled up with tears. Gently she rose up, taking his hand. Thurion smiled as he held her stare. "Snowflake..."

That word, that name, broke her, and she threw her arms around who she considered her brother ever since their first-ever meeting at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant all those years ago. She clung to him, weeping openly for the first time since her husband's passing. Thurion held her tightly, weathering the outpour of grief with warmth and consolation.

Until finally, she released her hold of him and wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks. Thurion then lifted and pulled back her veil to place a kiss upon her forehead, prompting a heartfelt smile from Kära. She mouthed the phrase "thank you" to him before turning to her son, who put his arm around her as they returned to stand with the masses.

"Your Graces," came the voice of Bors from atop the platform, offering a hand to Coci to assist the lady up the pair of steps. It was a long dress she wore, after all.

It was time to begin the ceremony.

Thirdas had finally got his wish, as the family moved out toward the centre of the city, it was a leisurely pace, not necessarily by design but was dictated by the crowd of well wishes that had constantly stopped his father, who never would deny them a chance to speak or shake his hand. Théo was happy enough for them to take their time getting there, for once ‘the deed’ was done, life for them all would change.

Thora was eager to race ahead and get a good position to watch the ceremony. She soon disappeared into the crowd and made her way toward the platform to take up a prime spot. It was nice to finally be able to relax, not worry about marauding foul beasts in their path and she could be a kid again.

He sensed her.

The sense of relief in him that he had the returned ability to be able to do so flooded his body. A broad smile parted his lips as his head turned to find his wife in the crowd. He couldn’t see her at first, politely pushing his way through the deep line of people on the edge of the street. His height afforded him a view over their heads, and in the distance Théo saw her flaming red hair.

She was looking the other way, her eyes following Thora with a look of pride. This only made Théo push fast until he was right behind his beautiful wife. It had been a while since they saw each other, since before the war, and he was so overwhelmed with relief she was alive and unharmed, he grabbed her knowing he was taking a risk with his life in doing so.

Théo pulled her off the ground and into his arms and for the longest moment all he could do was look at her beautiful face. He had no words. Once that moment had passed, he kissed her deeply with the full flame of passion.

Ylva Heavenshield

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom