Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We All Thaw This Coming | ORC Invasion of Rhen Var

lE6jgTc.png
Objective: Express disappointment in a constructive and freeing way
Equipment: In signature
Allies: Sith forces
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Romi Jade"] (le sigh)

There was no way for Coren to avoid or deflect the lightning before it hit him, but he didn't seem to care about that. He was directing one last burst of light towards Romi and she... Taeli sensed the change, sensed what Romi was doing. Immediate disappointment blossomed within her. Why would the girl choose the man who abandoned her, the side that had decided she was just one more sacrifice on the pyre? Why re-shackle herself when she had the freedom to grow as a being? And in that disappointment, anger grew like a weed. Choking off pity or mercy with its roots, replacing it with a simple urge. One of the simplest for any Sith, and she would listen to it.

The blow from the lightsaber fell across her back, heat blisters forming immediately and Taeli staggered from the force of the blow, but she hadn't been bisected at least. Her cortosis-weave robes and phrik armor saw to that, but it still hurt like hell. But pain... as she had been trying to teach Romi, was simply another source of power. And there were plenty of sources on this world, in this city, to draw upon. Disappearing in another whirl of black smoke, she reappeared a few feet away from Romi and Coren. Yellow eyes smoldered.

"Loyal to a man who had no second thoughts about sacrificing you to kill more of my kind. Very well. So be it... Jedi," she hissed. Drawing on the dark side of the Force, and her command of its magic and pathways to abilities many considered unnatural she started to craft her spell. She normally was not one to invoke necromancy or spirits... but it didn't mean she didn't know how to do it.

"Wohmniyizi ri anmudzuna naniti zûtazihri, mirji anim ir tnitsiyia diâ hadzuska. Udai ri Jin', jinja tu'iyia Kirs. Tadti' uynsutu, Irsia iw Hadzuska, diâ nasosûtoi ri Nimyi Zûtaikima!"

From all over the city, spirits were dragged towards the bridge they stood upon, shadows binding them together. Chunks of ice and snow, stone and rubble, began merging with the writhing mass of spirits that Taeli's spell was weaving around her. She had had enough of Coren and Romi's decision... she would destroy them both. Contained within the center of the forming creature, itself an extension of her will and power, she allowed the spirits to let loose a roar as blue dark side flames erupted along the ice and shadow body, the flames not projecting heat but causing to grow colder. A whip and sword of the same blue flames appeared in the hands of the construct surrounding her.

Balrog.png
A horrible bestial voice emanated from the construct.​
"Expire!"
"

PqEZLxr.png

Objective: Git Gone
Retinue: Pops ([member="Zef Halo"]) & the Kid ([Member="Yula Perl"])
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Argis Volmir"] | [member="Zak Amroth"]
Enemies: [member="Darth Voracitos"] | [member="Darth Ledgermayne"] | [member="Vereshin"]

ekNrobp.png
After what felt like a heart rending eternity of worry, Mav’s knees sagged a little from the burst of relief as Yula abruptly piped up. Announcing to the world in true Vohaloveer fashion that she was alive with a sassy complaint about everyone lucky enough to say the same. If she was strong enough to sass, she was strong enough to get them the seven Corellian hells out of here. The smirk he habitually wore slipping for a moment before he caught the lapse, shaking it back free with a dismissive snort and flick of his head. It seemed he was becoming too attached to this little family he’d gained. Didn’t bode well for that hardened mercenary rep. He cleared his throat gruffly. “You know what they say, kid. Adversity builds character. We didn’t want to stand in the way of your… Whatchamecallit…. Continued development.

He retrieved his revolver as he spoke. All but snatching it from the older man now that the pressing melodramatic danger of whatever black akk dog haunted him seemed to have passed. It was one thing to know your father was a flawed man, another to see just how much and how broken he truly was. That would’ve been one heck of an awkward ride back if the blasted thing had been loaded.

Any idea that gets off off this rock sooner rather than later gets my vote.” He replied, holstering his piece. Between all the Sith beasts and magicks being tossed around, the whole forceforsaken planet was starting to make his skin crawl. An imaginary itch between a set of bruised and battered shoulder blades he couldn’t quite scratch. He irritably settled for readjusting his hat instead, tipping the brim low as he glanced around the half-collapsed, half-ready to collapse tunnel they’d been thrust into by the avalanche. “Nothing I’ve seen thus far has convinced me any of this poodoo is worth dying over.

It felt like an insult to his entire galactic view, but somethings were more important than credits. And he wasn’t just talking about living long enough to spend them in the first place.

Your little bot…” The thing had just saved the kid’s life, and by extension theirs by virtue of sparing them a mother’s wrath, he supposed the least he could do was get its name right. “Uh, your little Emily up for a little scouting? Maybe if we can make our way up, we can take our chances heading back to the ship across the surface. Bypass all these karkers squabbling over cheap scrap.

Crossing open terrain wasn’t entirely ideal, especially when you factored in the Rhen Var weather, but it was better than trying to navigate a maze that was already coming down around their ears. He didn’t know about anyone else, but he was fed up of being buried alive every five karking minutes.

PqEZLxr.png

Objective: Dig out
Allies: [member="Zef Halo"] | [member="Mav Vohaloveer"]
Enemies: [member="Darth Ledgermayne"] | [member="Darth Voracitos"] | [member="Vereshin"]

ekNrobp.png

Yula’s cheeks burned when Zef mentioned how she’d broken the ‘Fell Star’. “Listen, it wasn’t my fault! Ever stop to think about how my poor ass feels? That thing was pointy.” Despite their dismal situation, there was something heartening about trading verbal blows. Meant that things weren’t too hopeless, if they could still banter.

Everyone seemed to agree that leaving was the best possible course of action. Even if there was another Fell Star as she had sensed, an artifact more powerful than the misshapen hunk of metal and rock they’d unearthed themselves, Yula did not want to go near it. Too many Sith were quarreling over it, and the trash family was all Sith’d out. Whatever they found would have to be good enough, she didn't have the heart to try and argue their way further into the chaos.

“How about it Em, you up to helping me find a way out of this?” Emily chirped away, as she always did. She was a talkative bot. But one of her legs was damaged, and as such would impair her ability to move. “Here, Uncle Mav will hold you while you point out the way.” Yula unceremoniously shoved the little droid into Mav’s arms, then set towards the partially collapsed tunnel, seeing as how they’d been snowed in from the other side. The Force helped to guide her along with Emily’s direction, but the clashes above and around them made her nervous. Every so often, the tunnel would shudder and send a flurry of snow and a few loose stones down on them.

PqEZLxr.png

ALLIES: [member="Coren Starchaser"]
ENEMIES: [member="Taeli Raaf"]
OBJECTIVE: Survive? Escape?

[youtube]
https://youtu.be/QZsMtxomy28[/youtube]

She could hear her stumbling forward, crunching through expanses of old debris and snow. There, too, shafts of dismal light from above dappled the icy floors, and a stinging odor of searing flesh pervaded the thick air. Her blade came up in a guard high by her right ear, the light from her blade turned her sweat into an iridescent sheen visible on her face. She fell back two steps, then thumbed her blade before sprinting in Coren's direction.

She kneeled down to make sure he was still breathing, he'd seemingly been hit by his own power - Taeli redirected his energy back at him, likely at the same magnitude.

She interlocked her hand with his, "C'mon..." She pulled, digging her heels into the stone while straightening her legs at the knees. "Get up." She nodded at him for reassurance. "Are you alrig--"

Taeli Raaf said:
"Loyal to a man who had no second thoughts about sacrificing you to kill more of my kind. Very well. So be it... Jedi,"

Romi spun about to face Taeli, "You just won't die!" she struck back.

Then in her peripheral she could some sort of spectral shape cutting through the air from the chasm below.

Wha?

The faint whisper of Taeli's chanting had provoked something here, and her revelation was true when more of the specters were literally being drawn and sucked in the Sith Lady as if she was some sort of void. It seemed as though minutes went by while they watched, but such was the sorcery of Raaf - she wasted no time.

When the area around them became engulfed in shadows, chunks of ice and snow, stone and rubble, began merging with the writhing mass of spirits that Taeli's spell was weaving around her. Then, dark side flames erupted from where she'd been.

Taeli Raaf said:
she allowed the spirits to let loose a roar as blue dark side flames erupted along the ice and shadow body, the flames not projecting heat but causing to grow colder. A whip and sword of the same blue flames appeared in the hands of the construct surrounding her.

Romi's eyes grew wide, and her irises shrunk....

"You've got to be kidding..."

She only allowed herself a few seconds to be surprised, then her tone changed. "So are we running or fighting?" She reached down to Coren's belt, rummaging around down there until she got what she wanted; she needed his comm.

"Both? Alright."

She pulled a frag grenade from her belt, wasting no time in tossing directly in Taeli's position before turning and making a break for it. "Give me some time!" She pulled out her emergency beacon, and worked to connect both devices.

PqEZLxr.png
Ancient Jedi City
[member="Taeli Raaf"]​
[member="Romi Jade"]​
Delay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw
The blast had hit him, but he knew once he got his mind around him that what he was hoping for worked. He could feel it, sort of, a little shift in the Force. He shook his head, clearing his eyes and the ringing. He noticed two things really quickly, one that he wasn’t feeling nearly as exhausted as he should. That was definitely a bonus, something, or more appropriately someone was boosting him…

Argis…

The Jedi who had fallen, against the Sith was giving him what he had. That was a Jedi for you. Always ready to save the day, and to help those who helped themselves. No pain. He knew what he had to do with this gift of his now. And the second thing he noticed was the familiar voice of Romi. Right, he was here to help her. Shaking his arm out, he reached for his lightsaber calling it to himself.

A grin found his face and his eyes had that glow of excitement. “Yeah, I’m good. You good? You really good?”

He didn’t have much time to really check with her, because of the chanting, but Coren knew what had to be done here. They had to fight. “We’re gonna get to the surface. Call for evac, check on Perl. She’s around here, felt her…” He shook his head, letting that thought out of his mind. He stepped towards Taeli, twirling the saberstaff. With the boost from Argis, it only made him run a bit harder.

Not hotter, but he was about to make it hot in here. Saberstaff in his cybernetic hand, his free hand did start to burn. “Alright then.” He was only completely bummed out that it seemed his cybernetic arm’s speakers were burnt out.

Zak Amroth

Z
PqEZLxr.png
Equipment: Expeditionary Suit, Hand Cannon, Lightsaber, Backup Piece, Extra Sabers
Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Argis Volmir"], Trash Family ([member="Yula Perl"], [member="Zef Halo"], [member="Mav Vohaloveer"])
Enemies: [member="Kyrel Ren"] (engaging), [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Darth Ledgermayne"], [member="Darth Voracitos"]

Whoever the hell this guy was, he hit like a truck. With only one hand behind it, Sheriff Amroth's saber just barely keeping the man in black's crimson blade at bay. So he was strong, this one. Zak had dealt with strong before. All that armor would restrict his movement, his maneuverability, but none of that tactical thinking would save him if the Master of Ren broke his arms with their clash.

"I recognize that weapon you know, You're father was a Jedi named Zark wasn't it. I enjoyed gutting him down, watching him die painfully like the rest of you..."

"Yeah well, he wasn't much of a dad," he grunted against the strain, "Buddy, you've never fought no one like me."

Zak was more conflicted about Kyrel's revelation than he let on. He knew he shouldn't trust the dark knight, words were wind. Something about it though...whether this feeling in the pit of his stomach was a flash of almost recognition or merely a grim acknowledgment of the Force's sick sense of humor. He could feel that the man in black hadn't been lying, there was not a doubt in his mind that the Ren was enjoying this. They held the clash for a moment longer, then both blades bounced away. On reflex, he pivoted and shot from the hip, forcing his enemy back. Another arc of electricity rebounded off Kyrel's lightsaber.

They both sensed the impending avalanche at the same time. While the dark knight immediately turned and started moving with preternatural speed, Zak launched himself into a high backflip, coming to a landing back on the ruined wall turret he had originally been drawn to as a vantage point. It only bought him a few seconds, more snow was coming and the levels were quickly rising. Millennia of erosive pressures had left the stonework around him particularly susceptible to to crumbling, and as the avalanche built momentum pieces of debris bobbed past as if caught in a river rapid's wake.

"Come out to the Tingel Arm, we'll get together, have a few laughs..." Zak muttered to himself, imitating Coren's voice and then sighing.

The rogue knight closed his eyes, trusted in the Force, and jumped.

He landed roughly on a large piece of stone debris, tilting back and forth wildly before the half-kiffar found his center of gravity and somehow remained upright. Riding the avalanche down, he could see the man in black coming up to his side and out of immediate danger. Or so the Master of Ren thought. Raising his hand cannon, Zak sent a hail of electricity arcing towards Kyrel while he surfed past.

cShbHT5.png

Objective: AAAAYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE
Enemies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] 's weird cyborg dashade person of mass destruction
Allies: The force, mostly. ORC, probably.

Vorhi was having one of those days. go to Rhen Var protect an ancient artifact from another evil, yada yada,and other things. Steal some artifacts. Easy, right? Wrong. For starters, half the karking mountain was now scattered across the icy wastes. Was there still a vault? Probably. Would there be by the time he got back to it? No. Because he had decided to ride the debris down the mountain. He didn't even get to confront any of the Sith. Nope, his dancing partner was this dashade assassin? Honor guard? Oh feth, it didn't matter.

Vorhi had already expended most of his energy in the force. Still, he had no interest in dying here. It didn't seem worth it. And the Dahshde swung at him, hard. the blind monk stepped back, reeling from the blow, spitting out blood. He grinned. "Got another one in ya?"

The Shadow Killer growled at the blind, one-armed, messily painted homeless monk in front of him. "You are neither Jedi, nor Sith. You are....weak."

Vorhi snickered. "Perhaps I am. But you....are ugly," the man said simply. A cheap shot. But hey, this was the ORC, after all. Gone, was the grandmaster of thousand forms. Stifled, was the master diplomat. Ignorant, the Scholar of the Obsidian knights. He grinnned as the Dashade lunged again, in anger, this time missing as Vorhi dodged, lurchign lazily to the left as if concussed, using the Drunken Rancor style.

The Shadow Killer snarled and lunged again, aiming his claws towards Vorhi's throat. Vorhi laughed weakly and ducked under the blow, tripping the larger being and aiming a foot towards his skull. He couldn't use the force to improve a blow on the body, but if he aimed for the cybernetics, it'd do well enough.

The last thoughts of the Shadow Killer are lost to history, but the last thing to go through his mind was his own cybernetic eye.

"Hmmm. You met death honorably. Better than most of the Sith here, honestly..." the monk stretched his arm and sighed. "Well, this certainly has been a day. I should try to get a ride...."

cShbHT5.png
Objective: Survive.
Allies: Outer Rim Coalition.
Enemies: The Sith Empire.
praxeum_divider_crappy.png

In the heat of the moment, it was difficult to see the consequences of my actions - or the damage to the installation thereafter. I believed that my deed, of striking the deck with an empowered shockwave, would break open the passageway beneath us. The intent was to steal the Emperor’s footing beneath him and to give me some breathing room when it came to maneuvering about the battlefield. Sadly, it seems my foot struck a faultline of sorts, as much of the installation’s entryway was torn down in the newly spawned fissure. Sure, one could say that I achieved my goal of tearing the rub from beneath the Dark Lord, but the unintended result of my action wasn’t something I was able to foresee. However, as there was a certain clarity granted by hindsight, I was thankful for such wanton destruction.

As it turned out, with my attention solely fixated on the Sith Emperor, a number of his personal bodyguards had slipped into view behind me. Their weapons pulsed with mechanical life, and they sought to drag the proverbial noose around my neck; sealing my fate within that bisected junction. It wouldn’t have been quick, had I not acted. Those crimson-shrouded guardians would’ve cut me apart with their weapons if the Dark Lord didn’t get to me with his twinned-blades first. I couldn’t let that happen. So, from a certain point of view, I suppose you could say that striking the installation’s faultline was fortuitous, despite the disaster that followed after.

With the floor above, as well as below, crumbling before my very eyes, I found myself wondering if this was how I died. There was nothing I could do to defend myself, as much of my power was regulated to keeping my flesh empowered by the Force; and dealing with the emptiness left behind after triggering the structural collapse. If this was my time to die, I knew that I wouldn’t fight the cold embrace. It was the Jedi way to accept that death wasn’t the end. Instead, the crude matter of our mortal beings would be shed, and we’d become one with the Force. As to what that entailed? I wasn’t exactly sure, as the accounts from our ancestors seemingly conflicted. Would we retain elements of who we once were when we finally expired, or would we simply become one with the gestalt energy field that flowed through all living beings; losing our individuality in service to a greater power?

At that very moment, I felt as if I would finally come to learn the truth. When the ceiling above me buckled and gave way, like congealed animal fat over a heated blade, my vision went dark. I couldn't fathom what transpired in the moments after I lost consciousness, as my aetheric senses were rife with the agony of injury -- turning everything my astral sight could see into a collage of white noise. For what felt like an eternity, I was embraced by that paralyzing sensation. So, I thought to myself, this is what death feels like. The utter absence of all feeling aside from the pain caused by whatever stole your last waking moments. I would live through eternity knowing that I had the Dark Lord's existence betwixt my fingers and lost the chance to end his reign of terror to a rent sheet of durasteel.

While we Jedi aren't supposed to be prideful creatures, I felt ashamed for such a death. It wasn't worthy of remembrance, and no-one would know of my last, terrible deed. I suppose, in a way, this was the best way I could've gone out - in comparison to the fate that awaited me if I didn't bring down the facility. At least, I can proudly state that I died on my own terms. Just as I was coming to accept the notion of death, there was something that drew my attention outwards; beyond the boundaries of my body. I felt the overwhelming pressure given off by the malevolent aura of the Sith Emperor, made even more incandescent by the conflicting emotions that waged war for his ursine heart.

Had I killed him? Did he share this realm of death with me as well? I couldn't be sure, as everything was still bathed in a cloud of uncertainty. Yet, the more I began to focus my thoughts upon his incandescent rage, the more I came to realize that my wretched form was still clinging to life. Soon after that notion stuck, that visual static began to fade -- only to be replaced by the carnage that surrounded me. The pain remained, however, and slowly worked towards localizing itself around several numbed points of entry. Shards of broken glasteel, durasteel and turadium rods found new homes within my flesh; adding a slew of new scar tissues to the wound long since scabbed over.

The one that hurt the most, of all the injuries I’ve sustained that day, was the rent sheet of durasteel that protruded from my flesh - just above my brow. If I had looked up any faster than I did, it was likely that I would’ve lost an eye. Instead? I had a sundered chunk of a ceiling panel spearing through the meat, and scraping against my skull. At least, I thought to myself, it wasn’t an alchemical sith sword impaled through my chest. A chunk of metal in my head was nothing in comparison to the wound that Thyrsian Sun Guard dealt me. Yet, as I lifted my hand to try and tear the fragment free - I noticed that my hand too was wounded. This time, instead of a piece of protruding metal, it was a turadium rod that somehow speared its way through the palm of my left hand.

That too, pulsed numbly.

My actions left me wounded, but with how fiery the aura of the Sith Emperor burned, I was certain that I wasn’t alone in that regard. It was just… I couldn’t see what happened to him with the miniature fires, and the pillars of smoke that swept through the Installation’s sundered entrance. Nevertheless, I need to get to higher ground. Not only so I could get above this choking miasma that begun to settle in, but so I could have a moment of respite as I attempted to swallow fresh mouthfuls of recycled air. Between the empowered punch and stomp, my internal reservoir was getting dangerously dry; so much so that my mentally maintained Ironform Techniques were starting to fade as the ever-capricious energies of the Force began bleeding outwards.

I left forth an audible groan, as I pushed myself onto my stomach and used the corpse of a flattened Imperial warrior as leverage whilst I began clawing my way towards the distant level above. It was slow progress, what with my hand impaled and utterly useless, but at least it was progress - I forced myself to believe. Such thoughts kept my mind occupied as I raked through the rubble, gathering what remained of my strength. I wasn’t so much a fool to believe that the Emperor was finished fighting. The towering hulk of a man was a reputed juggernaut; able to take the most lethal of blows and keep on fighting. What could a collapsing building do against the Dark Lord with a reputation so richly earned?

It wouldn’t be long after that thought crossed my mind, that the answer would become painfully apparent.

| [member="Darth Carnifex"] |

Kingsley

intergalactic bird of mystery
cShbHT5.png
Objective: It Belongs in a Museum I'm Rich!
Allies: [member="Andan Solo"]
Enemies: The Sith Empire

"What did I tell you?" Kingsley squawked, patting Andan roughly on the shoulder, "Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory."

A barrage of las bolts showered the corridor around them, and the hiitian yelped in surprise. So their score wasn't unguarded after all. Peaking out from behind cover long enough to let loose a few coughing bursts from his boomstick, a stray blast singed his feathers and forced him to dive for the ground. Raising the scatter gun to blind fire, the smuggler crawled back on all fours to relative safety.

"Okay, you make a run for the take," he gasped, feeding fresh shells into his pump action, "I'll cover you."

Andan gave him a nasty look, and Kingsley tilted his head, "What? You'll be fine."

"Utinii!"

A familiar battle cry interrupted Solo's rejoinder, and to both scoundrels' amazement a gaggle of jawas descended through shattering duraglass suspended from ropes. One of the cords snapped immediately, and a hooded figure plummeted to the warehouse floor with a pitiful wail, knocked unconscious by the fall. Lighting up everything that moved with their shock blasters as they spun around, the remaining jawas quickly began to collide mid air, tangling themselves in each other's ropes but still plugging away at any Sith personnel that dared to show themselves.

"Come on!" he dragged Andan out into the open, "Rrrawk! Now's our chance."

Dragging a cargo loader behind him, the birdman began to knock crates at random off their shelves and onto the repulsorsled. Pausing every so often to let loose a bevy of scatter gun fire, Kingsley could practically smell the credits piling up.

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
r63jXfr.png

Objective: Penetrate the Sith network Run for one's life
Equipment: Scramble key, datapad, data spike, armor, lightsabers
Allies: ORC
Enemies: Sith

And now the cold, hard floor rumbling was heard all the way into the network access facility. She could also see cracks in the wall forming at the same time. Which would likely mean the following: collapse was imminent. As a result, she wouldn't have time to tell whether the removal of any logs and both her own account and Ladro's in the network would actually trigger the logic bomb she appears to have planted under the form of an update to the password management system. So she just started deleting that information before disconnecting her datapad as well as her Force-powered mind-machine interface. After all, using the Force to act on the computer ecosystem also made intensive use of her mental capabilities, so she wasn't of the clearest mind right now. It was clear that she was in a hurry once she disconnected from the network, she began to run away from the NAF and then she realized the grim truth in full: the area around the NAF was about to collapse. Navigating this dangerous landscape was best done with a jetpack at this point, so she ignited it in earnest, with all her equipment strapped on her armor.

At this point, Janick realized that bits of the ceiling began to collapse, and it reminded her of this engagement on Terminus, with the flashbacks to go along with it. Visions of the flurry of Squib debris being thrown at the First Order fleet began to flash in her mind, forcing her to fly what amounted to a three-dimensional random walk in an attempt to evade these debris, which in turn made it nearly impossible to fire at anyone back then. However, here it was more like a two-dimensional random walk since the escape route was so linear that the third dimension didn't seem to matter nearly as much as was the case on Terminus. Perhaps unluckily for her, she begins to feel not only headaches, but also her stomach tightening as it got heavier as well. Then again, she seemed to feel as such only when in random-walk flight.

Poodoo: why is this even happening to me now? This time I don't have a cockpit canopy, nor particle shields, to protect me against those falling debris, nor do I have an inertial compensator on my suit of armor, she thought, realizing her great size made maneuvering across the collapsing hallways much more difficult and, on several occasions, some debris even hit her armor in several locations, such as her head, her legs, to name the parts that had the most debris hit her, slowing her down. But right before she could see the light at the end of the tunnel, a bigger chunk of the ceiling was about to block her escape path, and yet, at the same time, she only had a split-second to decide whether to shove it out of the way with the Force at the cost of having to stop in place for a few seconds, or go in at full throttle. And she needed to keep an eye on her jetpack's fuel level, too... presumably she feels that her lowered ability to concentrate would make it difficult to push the ceiling shard or to use some other spell on it.

But she has no choice anymore: she had to get out of here lest she be crushed by the collapsing structure. Plus she needed to be mindful of her stomach: by now she knew that something awry was going to happen soon in there. As if there were now several pieces falling on the ground, real or illusionary, she powered through it at maximum speed, once again resuming random walk jetpack flight so as to swerve around each of those pieces. And there were also debris falling in every direction, not just forward. She just kept flying along an erratic flight path, one that made her hit the least by those debris but there were so many of them, of a wide variety of sizes, that she was only able to make an effort to avoid the largest of them. Almost there... almost there, she thought, while the light at the end of the maze was edging closer and closer, while her stomach was tightening even more thanks to the sheer number of debris she needed to avoid by fancy jetpack flight. But her speed was diminishing at every meter she gained on those debris: it was a telltale sign that she was low on jetpack fuel. When she finally made it out and onto the snow, she let out a sigh of relief: she survived this escape. That sigh was followed, a few seconds later, by barf, as her stomach was loosening, and she vomited on the nearby snow.

UTBcCg0.png

Throne Room of the Shadow Hand, Aboard the Goliath

The spiritual form cracked.

In its center where the blow was struck there was a jagged hole laced with light, it bled a dark ichor dotted with starlight from the ghastly spiritual form of the titan. Anyone affiliated with the force could feel a black rage deep and radiant, like a beating heart throb from the form of the Lord of Lies, a rage so blinding just being near it could insight the twisted into a berserk rage. Just out of reach of the light he circled the Jedi Master like a shark, all around them the power of the Dreaming Dark took hold it felt like it drained the very color out of the room, replacing it with pure madness, whispers from the devourers of the void, beasts from the great beyond, abominations of reality. They were drawn to his power, enthralled by his presence, and driven by his hatred. "You have no idea what you've done Jedi, what your allies have done. No matter how many of you leave here you have brought war back home with you, you brought the war to all life under your coalitions purview." Prazutis said and quite suddenly the room shifted again for Zark, a vision thrusted into the mind of the Jedi Master.

Zark stood on the bridge of a ship helplessly watching the Shadow Hand, the Sith Emperor [member="Darth Carnifex"] as hundreds of worlds burned in the territories of the Outer Rim Coalition. It wasn't enough for them to destroy military targets. The vision showed hundreds of thousands of Blackblade Legionnaires march butchering at will, with millions more imperial soldiers accompanied by an innumerable amount of unleashed demons sweeping across battlefield after battlefield, world after world, the casualties were so high it was incomprehensible. It was destruction incarnate, an orgy of violence, debauchery so vile words couldn't describe. "Do you understand what you've done, Jedi? You and your friends killed them all. They will all pay for your actions." The visions shifted and suddenly they stood on some dystopian wasteland "Do you think life matters to me, to us Jedi? Do you have any idea how many people I have sent to the void? I do. You couldn't possibly comprehend the true amount of souls we have taken. Your coalition, your rebels can hide in the shadows and watch as we destroy everything on the worlds you hide behind." and there stood the Shadow Hand's luminous soul surrounded by a massive whirling sphere of smoking dark ichor, the power of the Dreaming Dark flowed through his form covering the wound in his chest, encasing his spiritual form in a thick monstrous suit of impossibly large armor. The spirits height grew to enormous heights, as more black tentacles emerged from everywhere.

"As for you, you may have shed your mortal coil, but your immortal one is mind. I can feel it something holds you here, binds you to this world. A robe...a trinket...ah..a holocron. No matter where you go I will find you, I will hunt down your anchor and I will destroy it. But I will grasp your fledgeling fragment before it is banished away and you will beg for the sweet embrace of oblivion."

Braxus declared as he held out one of his hands and in it formed an impossibly large maul of pure energy from the Dreaming Dark. "YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD DESTROY ME? KILL ME? I AM DEATH ITSELF. WHERE I TREAD LIFE DIES AND LIBERTY BREAKS YOU MONGREL. NO BARRIER CAN KEEP YOU FROM ME, NO BOUNDARIES CAN HOLD ME, YOU ARE MINE." The Deathlord said cutting loose with a deep, magnified roar that sounded like the voice of some sort of abomination. He charged forward and swung the hammer down upon Zark, as all of the whispy tentacles of darkness surged like a flowing tide called by its master, lashing out against the bastion of light. The Sith Lord attempted to crush him, ensnare him and drag the Jedi straight into the Dreaming Dark.

[member="Zark"] | [member="Elani Zambrano"]

cShbHT5.png

Objective: Scum and Villainy
Allies: ORC [member="Kingsley"] [member="Andan Solo"]
Enemies: Sith

As she was finalizing the loading of those secured crates, containing what the Sith considered to be the highest-valued relics, onto the hoversled, the crumbling ceiling fell on the floor elsewhere, revealing Jawas. And two non-Jawas: a sentient avian and another human/Near-Human. Were these Jawas responsible for the ceiling crumbling? I only cracked one wall open; this is just a smash-and-grab. But I have no way to ascertain whether the sacrosanct fair-market value is the reason for putting only some artifacts under lock and key, unless someone else stole the relevant documents; even a psychometric scan will only establish who put the contents in the crates and when. Establishing their FMVs is best kept for later, but upon return, I need to do so, and then report the FMV manifest back to the Aing-Tii, she thought, while Griet is seeing the second team take away any relic that isn't locked away in a secure crate. She just sat near the hoversled's controls, hoping that it would be a good place to be getting away from the vault in, especially with the cracks in the floor widening with each passing second.

"Hurry up, everyone! This place is about to crumble, take all the artifacts you can!" Griet shouted in the direction of the avian scoundrel (Kingsley) and the Jawas.

Time to hit the road; hopefully the crumbling ceiling will not hit me too hard, she thought, while her fully loaded cart just looks like a logistics cart used for ferrying military supplies from various locations around the base. However, as fast as the hoversled was, it was only marginally slower than if she as trying to escape from the vault afoot with the aid of Art of Movement. It had one advantage over escaping from the place afoot, however: it was floating in the air in such a fashion that she wouldn't be at the mercy of the cold, crumbling floor. Laden with this precious cargo, she needed to be extra cautious about avoiding the big pieces of falling debris, and even hit the brakes if it was necessary to guarantee the safety of the cargo. No longer is it all up to me, but they were delayed by the enemy pretty long; the rest is on them now. I hope Lord Toboggan is safe, she thought, while her helmet just kept getting hit by shards of debris, such as turadium, duracrete and other common construction materials as were used to build the base. The labyrinthine layout complicated her getaway, but she did the best she could to attempt returning from whence she came, given the pain she incurred by all those hits from falling debris.

lE6jgTc.png

Objective: Express disappointment in a constructive and freeing way
Allies: Sith forces
Enemies: [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Romi Jade"]

A deep laughed echoed around as the Jedi decide to defy their fates, the blue flame, ice, and shadow construct surrounding Taeli advancing towards them. Romi threw a thermal detonator at her as she started to run the opposite direction, something else clutched in her hand as Coren stood his ground, his hand glowing. Inside the construct, Taeli rolled her eyes as her... she really didn't have a name for it yet, but she would come up with some sort of dark sounding name for what she had created today, caught the thermal detonator and threw it into the chasm below. A white flash a few moments later was the detonation. The girl had learned nothing

With a flap of dark wings, the construct took flight and landed directly in front of Romi in a rush of blue and black flames, the fires cutting off any path of retreat. There would be no running away for the Jedi today. With a flick of her monster's wrist, the blue dark side flame whip reached out to ensnare the girl's legs. If that was accomplished, it would be a simple matter of throwing her into the seemingly bottomless fissure that the bridge passed over, a fitting death for the young woman who didn't want to know freedom. But the girl was secondary, so if she escape that fate, she would have a few more moments before Taeli decided her final fate.

It was Coren she wanted dead, with almost every fiber of her being right now. With a simulated roar, the construct unleashed a massive torrent of the same blue and black heat draining flames from its mouth towards the Jedi standing there with his lightsaber staff. Taeli wanted him gone, every atom disintegrated, his very spirit shredded into nothingness so he could never find peace in the Netherworld. No longer did she have thoughts of using him or turning him. No, she wanted his very existence snuffed out forever... and then she would hunt down every single being that shared his blood.

HTngbQ3.png
[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Elani Zambrano"]​
"The more you tighten your grip," the Jedi spirit's form continued to radiate positive energy, now visible both to Braxus and Elani, "The more systems will slip through your fingers."

Zark wielded a blade of pure light, hacking away at the Filth closing in all around them. Unspeakable creations were driven from his wake, and all the while visions of burning Coalition worlds filled his mind. The Parasite Lord sought to play on his material affections, but he had witnessed the birth and death of all creation. It would be a great tragedy if the Shadow Hand made good on his promise, but the Jedi Master was prepared to sacrifice trillions if it meant locking away the evil Prazutis had unwittingly unleashed upon them forever.

"Spare me your delusions," Zark shook his head, and with a wave of his hand the visions were replaced with a burning Ravelin skyline, "This is what it will come to in the end, Braxus. This is what it always comes to."

Prazutis brought the eldritch maul down, and the Jedi Master reached out with his free hand and caught it.

A thin layer of Force barrier sparked and crackled, necrotic energies of the Dreaming Dark already eating away at its edges.
8kcRaFr.png
"Do you think he'll stop with us?" the image of Zark asked her, "Now you see the true Lord Prazutis. Enemy of all life."

He circled Elani. The sight of a powerful Lord seemingly laid low had forced her to hesitate. Would she understand what she had seen here, he wondered. Maybe it didn't matter if she was too far gone to see him as anything other than a hated enemy. The Jedi in him still had to try, everyone was deserving of compassion.

"Strike me down and I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

His words resonated so that even Prazutis could hear them. Zark closed his eyes, and waited for the inevitable. He felt the katana pierce his form, and the spirit image burst in a flash of light.
8kcRaFr.png
Zark could feel the sharded consciousness fill his spirit, and a renewed psychic vigor halted the progress of his barrier's decay, even allowed him to push back against the Shadow Hand's maul. The last of his light anchor's reservoirs were rapidly drying up, somehow the vile abomination before him was siphoning away its power directly. He was running out of time, if he didn't find a way to end this Prazutis would quickly overpower the specter bolstered as he was by the Goliath's nexus.

"Seek me out, slave to the shadow," he grimaced against the strain of their clash, "You'll find my holocron in the light of dawn. Let us see if the great Hand of the Triumvir has the courage to fight without the cover of darkness."
8kcRaFr.png

It had taken all of his skill at illusion to shield the third mirror image from Braxus and Elani. Even now, the Shadow Hand's servants were frantically attempting to override the star dreadnought's controls which had seemingly taken on a life of their own. Orbital bombardment cannons locked onto the coordinates of the buried Jedi city at no one's command. All Zark hard to do was initiate the firing sequence, and the Sith would be denied their ultimate prize. A pyrrhic victory, to be certain, but a necessary one.

His hand reached out to seal the Fell Star's fate, and began to disintegrate before his eyes.

"What are you doing?" he asked, eyes wide, "Let me go. You know its right."

It is not our place.

"They broke the rules first!" the image snarled, and he reached out with his other hand but it was already fading.

You have lost perspective.

"You've doomed us all," Zark hung his head, nearly gone now, "So be it."
8kcRaFr.png
"I'll be seeing you Braxus," he narrowed his eyes at the Sith Lord, "Whatever happens next, know that you are watched."

The Jedi spirit was violently pulled away as if by some incomprehensibly vast cosmic cord. Prazutis' maul came down, shattering the faded lance and eradicating the lightside beacon into oblivion. The visions faded, of the outer rim, of the Bastion. He and Elani were now alone in the Goliath's throne room, as if Master Zark had never even been there at all.

dSjq8mE.png
Displaced, the rubble around him tumbled to the ground as the monstrous monolithic warrior-king wrenched himself free of his duracrete tomb. His armor had weathered the brunt of the fall and collapse, but his lightly armored midsection had been speared through by a rod of turadium running through his body from his back left to his front right at a slight angle. Black blood, smoldering and acidic, hissed with smoke as it bled along the winding edge of the rod, dripping down into the ruin where it condensed into pools of putridity. These droplets quickly took on mass and substance, growing organic as the black blood continued to profusely pour from the Emperor's body like a broken faucet.

Gripping the turadium with his right hand, the Emperor slowly freed the rod from his torso inch by agonizing inch. Not that he felt any of it, he had long since been deprived of such luxury. When at last it had been removed, the Emperor did not relinquish his hold upon it. In the calamity of the fall, his original weapon had been buried beneath tonnes of rubble too costly to move without leaving himself exposed to the Jedi who yet lived.

So, he would have to improvise.

Wielding the jagged piece of turadium like a spear, the Emperor stalked the ruined crag for his prey. All around him were the broken and bleeding bodies of friend and foe alike, gurgling pitifully as their life energy seeped out to stain metal and rock. For those who had served him, he ended their suffering with a sharp thrust and twist of his makeshift weapon. For those that had stood against him, he let them lie where they were. Their suffering suffused the air around him and he drunk deeply of it, intoxicated by the horror and slaughter.

Movement stirred in the periphery of his remaining eye, his head swiveling around to focus in on it. It was a man, struggling on his stomach to clamor over the fallen corpse of an Imperial Legionnaire. Smoke and dust obscured his vision, but the Emperor could reach out with his determined will and taste the essence of the lone warrior.

He could sense it now, it was the Jedi!

Heaving the turadium rod over one shoulder like a javelin, the Emperor flung his weapon with the greatest force his strength could muster. Sailing straight and true, the turadium spear was on a clear and direct trajectory with the crawling Jedi Master's center mass.

[member="Arcanus Sunstrider"]

cShbHT5.png

Objective: Find ORC Forces and provide support
Equipment - Merr-Sonn Blasters | Taozin amulet | paint ball rifle with balls
Allies: ORC - [member="Kingsley"] | [member="Andan Solo"] | [member="Cyran Vaas"] |[member="Arcanus Sunstrider"] | [member="Ladro"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ardasz Verd"]
Enemies: Sith| some Mandalorians - [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Darth Morbus"] | [member="Janick Beauchamp"] | [member="Ao Xian"] | [member="Keira Cerdulan"] |

She didn't stop running until she got to the lift it was a questionable move to get into it, afterall for all she knew the whole place could come down on her in one moment. But. Being who she was she got in, her head bobbing around a bit as her mind worked through things.

She really couldn't think about....him..it...whatever from below....it was an image she had only seen in holos. Oh man wouldn't it be a kick in the pants to suddenly wake up and find all of this had been one nasty dream. oh...goddess.

Her heart still thundered against her chest, and she was hot. She began to peel off the parka. Yeah yeah she knew she needed it and probably a lot quicker than she realized but she couldn't move and she hated that feeling of being overwhelmed by heat. It was like having her own personal summer all contained in the coat.

She checked her weapons, eyeing the paint ball gun. It was stupid to have brought it, but feth she never knew when something stupid would come up that she could use. The doors opened and what met her eyes was chaos. Running, someone barking orders. She stepped out so far no one was paying attention to her, it seemed the fields were in place keeping the wind out..but not a lot of the cold.

She ran like she knew what she was doing up behind towards what she hoped was supplies and tools. What she wanted would be near there....right? Suddenly someone shoved her, "where you going"

Shocked that she had been caught off guard she laughed, nervously of course, "I'm saving what ship supplies we have..." Yeah..right...sounds good.

"Get to it then...where's your gear?"

"I don't have any except this" she raised the paint gun, and then put a hand to the blaster. He looked at her she tilted her head ever so slightly, would he she wondered. Was it that important right now?

The building shook again. She didn't move she couldn't really not from fear but in knowing one more and he'd like pull his weapon.

"Resistance Scum." It sounded more like a question than an accusation.

"Sometimes, this week I'm playing at being a different kind of scum.....want to play too?" She grinned, "I got a bar, and a boat...far from all this....start over.." She wiggled her foot but did not move her hand. "They'll just think you died here."

She wished for a few minutes she could see his face.

"you think its that easy?" His voice faltered.

"yeah, sometimes when the time is right...yeah." She relaxed he as thinking on it, "Course we'll need a ship to get off this ice cube"

"Get what you came for, then go over there." She could see the ship it was loading, "But make it quick, I'm leaving with or without you."

"got it" Rekha turned and ran, damn what luck was that! She reached supply row and began looking through the doors, nothing, nohting, a mess, damn had they gotten everything that was 3 rooms. Two more looked like that building had shaken everything off the shelves she pushed inside looking. She only needed a few, just a few.

She began pulling boxes, containers, whatever she needed to look into. Dammit nothing. She ran back out...ok...back up plan. She headed towards the first ship. She'd pull the bugger out if she had to. One...she'd settle for one.

PqEZLxr.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dfqU_NyeE​
Objective: A simple proposal and trade
Those around: [member="Yula Perl"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Mav Vohaloveer"] [member="Zef Halo"]
My new Sith frenemy?: [member="Darth Voracitos"]
Equipment: Dual-phase Lightsaber, x2 Creeping Lignan crystals, rest in sig ((Dnitizus doryumi not included))

Such resistance.

The power of the Fell Star felt ... goood. A grimace spread clear across the Gutretee's crystalline face as his concentration honed in on his opponent. With a clash of darkside shadow the dark tendrils halted in place as if being held by the forgotten specters of times long past. They did indeed how the whipping masses of dark sinister energy in hand, but not without struggle. This was most impressive. The wave of taht pressed again Ledgermayne through the force barely moving his heavy body. Despite the large Sith lords power and obvious hunger for an artifact such as the Fell star, he seemed rather reluctant to actually engage in the offensive. Instead his play was of words, demands and assumption of control. Every sith had their ambitions against their own brothers and when they did not they were either lying or not a sith at all. The darkside exacted a price with its journey for greater knowledge and power. At first this was seen as a weak tactic but this was wrong. It was not.

Darth Voracitos said:
"To mistake O͟b̵e̕die҉n̕ce.̵ to the Emperor's government, for Ha҉rm̨,"
What exactly was Voracitos playing at here? Using his own position. A position that Ledgermayne himself very myself lusted after for a time. In the end it seemed the "better" sith was chosen. But was he? Maybe Ledgermayne was indeed weak minded under the influence of such power, maybe he was paranoid and unwilling to give it up. But through it all he was not a fool. This man. How long can he hold his fantasia up for before unleashing himself and displaying himself to be the true hypocrite?! I know of all people know the look of obsession and ripe ambition. The gutretee sith lord glared at Darth Voracitos tilting his own head some and could see through his own perception at least the face of someone desperate to get what they wanted. Someone who had nothing to truly lose?

Darth Voracitos said:
"I grant you but one opportunity to S̵u̸b͘͡m̧̢͢iţ҉̡,' "The Fell Star to the Triumvir of Knowledge," "Ḏ̩̪̮͗a̤̘̤͓ͫ͟rͯt̻̮̣͇͋ͫͨͅh̵̾ ̸̮̩̙̱V͒̊̂̈ͯ̚ô̶̜͚̱̓͌̓̽͂̈́r̼̬̳̯͙͚̱̍̀̄ͥ̀āͭ̈́̋̆c̴͇i̳̙̊t̼̣̭̿ͩͤͅơͨͣ̓̐ͤs̶͍̺͓͈͍̫̚ͅ."

Darth Voracitos said:
Or I shall make you, the traitorous savage," "S̸҉̴̨͘Q̵͞U̵̸͟͜I̢͜͠R̷̵̛̛M̴̧̛͡."
And like that it was as if a dagger had found the smallest and weakest fissure in Ledgermaynes body. Mere words in the shape of a dagger. Blinking hard Ledgermayne could feel the cold of the darkside shifting rapidly to its polar opposite. A red giant burned intensely within him now but it was not displayed in power nor emotion. He was no longer in control and how he longed to be in control again. It was true. An all out brawl and display of force abilities would favor him but at what cost? Ledgermayne had much to lose at this point in time and the Fell Star was not worth the legacy the Gutretee was working so hard to retain for his true apprentice. He could submit and play the card of being the lesser but somehow that did not at all sit well with his own pride.

" No my lord. Apologies for my sporadic... uncontrolled... reaction. Yes yes." The words came out with a fight and doubt in till oddly a dark peace washed through making everything seem fine. Split behavoir. Night and day. How a person could go from aggressive or passive was amazing when threatened. " I do not wish to further test nor unsettle you Darth Voracitos. There is no need to speak ill of my name. I am loyal to my Emperor [member="Darth Carnifex"] and his established rule." He said as if reminding both parties. " I humbly accept your offer and will give you the Fell Star if you would but honor me and shake my hand." Ledgermaynes visage was that of bitter humility but with a shine in his eyes. With a frigid breeze the darkside tendrils within the immediate area fell apart with the Sith lords command and reaching over to his chest with his left red crystal hand a hole opened up the surface area the Fell star rested under. It was exposed. A token of Ledgermaynes word being true. Taking the artifact out Ledgermayne sheathed his dagger wielded in his right hand and placed it on his belt near a lightsaber. After which his red crystalline hand extend outward with a open embrace as his left hand held the Fell Star itself in hand in expectation.

" Take it. Use it as you see fit." he added.

Control.

Thats what it was all about and Ledgermayne if his hand was shaken was going to be and feel back in control. Little in the galaxy knew of the Gutretee as a species and how they survived on their native home of Isis. Tribes of these Crystalline beings passed on knowledge through via memories. The process was culturally done by ritual combat by such bizarre times had passed for this sith lord. The ability to copy all the memories of another sentient mind apon touch, outside from the influence of the force. The only sign of such a "download" occurring was the physical sensation of a tingling on the skin and body. If the Gutretees plan succeeded then he would soon know Voracitos as well as the Lord of hunger knew himself. All that knowledge within would be his. In the end there was no loss of power giving up the artifact.

Knowledge is power.

Objective: Give chase to Zak
Allies: [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Romi Jade"]
Enemies: Coren Starchaser [member="Zak Amroth"]

While although managing to get away from the avalanche that rushed towards them, Kyrel took a moment to gain a look at his surroundings, it was all a mess with the avalanche running downhill into the ruins. The Master of Ren focused on his prey, he could sense the boy was conflicted despite what he was told. He hoped to use that to his advantage, but not to count on in the slightest. Facing down his enemy as he was now racing down the slopes of the Avalanche, prepared to give chase as the kiffar shot his weapon, launching more electricity towards Kyrel, he had little time to react holding out a gloved hand, concentrating with the aid of the Force he started to absorb the energy making it his own, his own gloved hand burning at the attempt, the shot burning as he used the energy as his own.

Kyrel was annoyed at having his prey run away so soon, he had hoped for a duel between warriors, a game of chase is not entirely what he desired. Than again he also found himself enjoying the thrill of the hunt, in past duels it was what always savored a good kill that is. Watching carefully as the avalanche continued, he hoped not to lose sight of the boy before long, making his move and jumping on board the ruins of what looked to be a speeder, he was now chasing after the Kiffar.

While originally come to gain hold of a powerful Force Artifact he now found himself given over for his lust of dead Jedi. Even their children for it was in his nature to destroy all those that served the light. The dark knight would not fail, at least that is what he tried to tell himself. The avalanche rushing through the once great ruins, with the Force Kyrel tried to throw his saber staff towards the Kiffar in an attempt to cut the man down if not an attempt to stop the chase.

lE6jgTc.png
Enemies: [member="Argis Volmir"] (A Pity), [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Zak Amroth"], [member=Racket], [Trash Family: [member="Yula Perl"], [member="Zef Halo"], [member="Mav Vohaloveer"]]
Allies: [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Adenn Kyramud"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Darth Ledgermayne"]
Followers: The Coven of Gluttony, including the Lady Envy, and the Savant Wrath

Just as the crystalline entity appeared to completely switch in its behavior, likewise the heavy presence of Voracitos seemed to lose its density, spreading out across the Lost City, his concentration diminished but his reach in the force every present. It was good that Voracitos did not need to resort to any other means to persuade the Sith Lord, as he eyed the Iris of Ligier briefly in his minds eye. To have used it would guarantee victory for him, but at what cost? Already the Sith Lord had lost so much, and while the death of the Jedi trapped in this labyrinth would have been delectable, the Fell Star itself might have been destroyed in the process, along with favored allies of the Emperor. He would be as much of a traitor as the Sith Lord before him had almost become, before he too saw reason.

It opened itself up to the Sith Lord, quite literally, and the Fell Star was not so soon within the Master of Gluttony's grasp. It offered a hand in exchange for the artifact, and Voracitos quickly calculated the cost benefit of humoring this creature with physical contact... and quickly did not see any true downsides. It was as natural a thing for Voracitos to do as he had always done, as a business man it was a regular activity despite his repulsive presence to his "equals" of the time. His mind eye briefly cast its vision into the future, scouting for danger... and found none. The offer appeared wholly genuine, he had no reason to suspect treachery any more than he usual did for his own ilk. If he conducted treachery, it would be so minute a detail it would hardly classify as above ordinary. In small personal moments such as these, eventually with enough time, every Sith Lord is a traitor... even the Emperor himself was not absolved of this rule Voracitos has observed.

"It is good that reason prevails, Chwayatajak, is preserved."
Voracitos' once disgruntled face relaxed into a neutral state, satisfied with the proceedings. The ruble that once surrounded him now complacently resting upon the dusty ground, the Souls which had fought against the tide of darkness, now rested lamely in the air, slowly approaching their masters to rejoin the collective they held. Voracitos raised a hand above his own to accept the artifact, while his other reached to shake the crystalline Sith Lord's hand. A mild shock would course through his alchemical flesh, but at such a low level it could hardly be perceived by the Sith Lord as significant, just as easily mistaken for static discharge.

"I am grateful that this transaction has transpired this way."
"I was prepared to enact measures that would ensure all things lost in this temple."
Voracitos said, Fell Star in hand, as he looked down upon his writhing servant, who still pawed at the Iris of Ligier. He could feel her treacherous thoughts even underneath the din of the maddening souls now pressing down upon her weak mind. Even now that the threat was over, she still contemplated the use of the Iris in destroying her master, now believing herself too weak to ever overcome her master's power. Believing even her own life was slowly becoming not worth living if she could never best her master, and with the dread artifact in hand, she contemplated sacrificing her life out of spite to destroy her master. Even if she should succumb however, Voracitos had in his power the ability to nullify even this greatest of weapons, revealing her treachery. He predicted, however, that even if he had called her to use it this day, she would have been too weak of heart to do it... her loyalty was too deeply ingrained herself to subject herself to sacrifice. It was a gamble to have used her as a threat, but all the same, it seemed to have paid off even without mentioning her in the role of causing Obliteration.
"Today extracts a heavy toll."

Voracitos now looked down and spoke to the Fell Star, his eye wide with wonder. He tallied up the lost souls destroyed or loosened from his grip by [member="Argis Volmir"], the lost opportunity to rip his souls from his body, the Starved Subjects abandoned within the Lost City, and the physical death of his first and most loyal Hungered Vassal the Savant Wrath. Even his transformation into a superior being of the dark side was a loss of the identity he once was. The souls which remained pressed down upon the mind of Voracitos and the Lady Envy, creating mental abrasions as they tried to erode their consciousness under the collective madness of Chaos. Every moment cut at the focus of the Sith Lord the longer he went without adequate servants to host his collection of Sith spirits. Voracitos could not remain of Rhem Var for long, or else the toll would increase.
"But with the Fell Star in our hands, the burden of our losses are lightened."
Indeed, with the growing collection of artifacts in the grip of the Triumvir of Knowledge, the limits of power were quickly widening. The firmament of reality every day became the stuff of make believe for the Sith Lord, to shape it as his mind saw fit to do so. The Fell Star was but one more step on the path to greater reach, greater power, and greater hungers.

"I will not forget your cooperation."
"To surrender something of such power is no simple task."
"I assure you, this decision will not be one of regret."
"Say your name, such that you may be commended for your efforts."

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
cShbHT5.png
Operation: Deal with a stand-off​
Allies: [member="Kingsley"], ORC by association​
Enemies: Those trying to capture him!​
Andan began throwing as much as he could onto Kingsley's hoversled, adding random boxes and crates to the growing pile. Whether any of it was worth anything remained to be seen, but it was better to grab whatever he could while rushing out of the warehouse. The Jawa drop team did as well as could be expected, but they seemed to provide enough distraction to allow the gathered non-Sith to make good on various escapes. It also seemed another individual was raiding the warehouse, the humanoid female unknown to Andan, but seemed to be in a similar situation - escaping.

"Head east, head east!" Andan called as the Kingsley led hoversled reached one of the exits. "Bay seven-seven-three."

Along the way, Andan scooped up the unconscious Jawa that had fallen from the roof. The little thing was alive, dazed, but breathing. The robes absolutely stank though, which caused the Corellian to cringe and scrunch up his nose. Hopefully the smell washed out later, because it was all over his front now, whatever it was. Bursting through the exit behind Kingsley, Andan followed the avian at top speed, the pair making through the underground corridors and passages as best they could. Generally wherever the enemy wasn't seemed to be the right way, the fight happening in the other direction (mostly).

Along the way, the group reunited with the Jawas, and also tangled with scattered Sith forces. Blaster bolts were exchanged, but the smuggling crew managed to get through the few encounters without too much trouble. It was amazing what a pack of crazed Jawas could do to throw a fight into utter disarray. Still before long, there was another realization...

"Rawk! What about that shield?" Kingsley cawed.

"Priority list: Ship, then shield," Andan snapped back to the avian. "The shield isn't shooting at us!"

The rushing escape lasted another dozen minutes, before the landing bays were in sight. The Luck, the YT-2400 freighter, was under cover and didn't appear to be damaged, much to Andan's relief. And since Kingsley's hauler had been damaged - and was undergoing repairs - it fell to Andan to offer the smuggler a ship to call temporary home. Nonetheless, the group approached the smuggling vessel, and boarded the lowering ramp way controlled from within by Andan's droid co-pilot CeeCee.

"Strap in, we'll make for space as soon as that shield drops," Andan said as he pointed toward the cargo area. "You can access the cargo lift from in there, get that sled locked up and secured. I don't know how much time we have, but we won't miss our window."

Meanwhile, the Luck was put into a low power mode. As soon as the shields were lowered, or destroyed, the smuggling crew would be making for space and jumping the hell out of the Rhen Var system...

What a day. At least it's over now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom