Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We All Thaw This Coming | ORC Invasion of Rhen Var

lE6jgTc.png

Those around:
[member="Yula Perl"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Mav Vohaloveer"] [member="Zef Halo"]

And so the trade was made. An exchange of crystal, alchemical flesh, of ancient power and of knowledge. On the outside Ledgermayne seemed lost in thought, He had just given a artifact of immense power away from the mere shake of a hand. Perhaps his brief pause was one of regret? Or maybe it was something much deeper in scale. On the inside, deep within the Gutretees mind a network, a legion and entire lives unfolded before his eyes in seconds. A synchronizing flow of genesis to death, to rebirth and rebirth again. A life a promise, pampered and importance from a young age wit the expectation to rise in power, wealth and fear. The mind of a analytical, massively ambition businessman as large as he may be and the embodiment of hunger itself. A sith lord. This was only a silver of what Ledgermayne could process mentally from the briefness of a simple handshake. The entire life history, A memoir of Jonathan Boke, Lord of Hunger and the Pillar of sith knowledge. [member="Darth Voracitos"]. Stored inside the Gutretee's mind and body to be viewed and experienced as his own for later times.

It was now that the exchange was over, now that the conflict had ended did Ledgermayne now see everything as it truely was. His own supision about Darth Voracitos was indeed valid and warranted. The sound of his voice as deep and unnatural as it was seconds before now was dwarfed by the immediate over-standing that was transfered directly into the Sithlord. Instead of solely seeing a Lord of the sith, Ledgermayne could see Johnathon not only as his current self but also as a youngman, a child and a middle aged adult. Perspective always changed the situation and broke social boundaries. All this knowledge.

Darth Voracitos said:
"I am grateful that this transaction has transpired this way." "I was prepared to enact measures that would ensure all things lost in this temple."
" Indeed. I believe you speak for the both of us with that statement, as wrong as I was to engage it. This outcome is far...superior." A sly smile was gained by the crystalline sith lord. It was of his own belief now that the both of them could of died if a agreement was not found. Ruby red eyes shifted to the necklace or object on the Lady Envy's neck. Tilting his head and shifting his eyes back to his now reputable equal. There was mention of the cost of such victories for today. Ledgermayne could see little for himself but this was a different case for the Lord near him. Like Hyperspace-rapture Voracitos's mind felt in now passing present memories. His irritability and impatience was now explained. He too seemed to have much to lose. In fact the two sith lord were more alike that Ledgermayne could of ever expected which briefly shocked him. Was it a true surprise though?

Darth Voracitos said:
"I will not forget your cooperation." "To surrender something of such power is no simple task." "I assure you, this decision will not be one of regret." "Say your name, such that you may be commended for your efforts."
Rhen Var had been a fortunate exchange. The Fell star now rested in the plump hungering hands of Darth Voracitos himself to be used... well, as he wished it to be used. A piece of the puzzle Ledgermayne himself knew but was wise enough not to reveal out loud or publicly. Now was no longer the time to fight, The day had been long and despite all that had occurred not a tad of regret could be felt. The only feeling that was primed in his red hued crystalline vessel was the feeling of control. Control over the past, present and potential future of another being through a vast sea of life or lives of experience. This would not be the last time the two would meet. There was no mistake there. They would seen each other again.

" You would honor me even further?" he muttered to himself taking in such recognition. Recognition was a tool to be used and gained. As a sith lord he himself had remained within shadow gaining more and more power in order to build his legacy and serve the Emperor. Being seen now was a positive notion. " I am Darth Ledgermayne. The crimson elder of Isis." His voice spoke out arrogantly and with a stoic visage the Gutretee stared up at his new Sith ally ready to poke and prod with subtle throws in the mental. All it took was words after all what could they really do?

Alot.

" The Fell Star within Empires grasp will benefit the Emperor and his rule excellently. Would it not, Johnathan." The face was blank but something in the Crystal aliens red eyes revealed a new found perception, something was shifted. Saying the sith lords past name was odd, it felt unnatural and that was the point. Maybe the name was uncommon information to the masses but how would the Lord of Hunger react to hearing it here and now from a being he just met? Ledgermayne observed intently. A Mynock looking for the perfect place to rest and pull more strings from a unknowing or suspecting host. The ground below Ledgermayne began to move. Very slowly his figure sank into the ground allowing enough time for a reaction or comment to be hear or seen.

lE6jgTc.png
Enemies: [member="Argis Volmir"] (A Pity), [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Zak Amroth"], [member=Racket], [Trash Family: [member="Yula Perl"], [member="Zef Halo"], [member="Mav Vohaloveer"]]
Allies: [member="Kyrel Ren"], [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Adenn Kyramud"], [member="Romi Jade"], [member="Darth Ledgermayne"]
Followers: The Coven of Gluttony, including the Lady Envy, and the Savant Wrath

For a moment in the revelry of acquiring the Fell Star, even at such cost, the infant body of Voracitos experienced its first happiness. It was an emotion new to this body, and one his spirit had not felt truthfully since before his death. It was like the first of many birthday presents to come, in anticipation for the innumerable more birthdays this form was likely to experience. The potential he felt within himself exaggerated within the direct contact of the Fell Star, seemed to fill the void he had searched tirelessly in the depths of Chaos for. It felt as if against all possibility, the Master of Gluttony was satiated of his hunger.

But it was only for a moment.

Darth Ledgermayne said:
" The Fell Star within Empires grasp will benefit the Emperor and his rule excellently. Would it not, Johnathan."
In the next moment to pass, the eye of Voracitos could do nothing but stare down the crystalline figure slowly descending into the earth, carrying with it some secret knowledge. Well, it wasn't secret of course, he never took the route some Sith do in delineating their affairs between their Darth title and their given name, such was difficult for a man of his frame to do to begin with. Yet even so, his identity had always leaned so heavily into the Sith realm he assumed most people had forgotten his given name, to the point that only the Emperor made a point to remember it. It had been so long since he had even used it for any direct purpose. What were the chances this Sith before him had lived long enough to remember a time when his given name was in active use? Some species could live to be very long, and in the grand scheme of things, Voracitos was but an infant in reality to this galaxy and its inhabitants.

Even still, the audacity to use Darth Voractios' given name, while supplying only his Sith title in return... seemed to supply Voracitos with a message: This will not be our last encounter.

"Indeed."
Voracitos said simply, and knowingly, while witnessing the Sith Lord disappear into the earth. It was at this moment of silence that Voracitos looked to his servant, who moaned quietly, degrading quickly with every moment under the burden of the souls upon her back. Knowing her thoughts, she was quickly feeling her consciousness being eroded beneath the wave of souls, and she considered her own destruction to end it. In other words, she was close to opening the Iris of Ligier to end her misery.

"There will be no need for that, dear Lady Envy."
Voracitos waved a hand through the air, reality rippling at his touch, with nothing but misery beyond it. The glow of his Shadow's Folly pendant assisting his transgression against nature, as it often did. This time, in an uncommon display of compassion, Voracitos grasped the hand of his servant and lifted her uneasily to her feet.

"No more of the loyal shall perish this day, too many have already."
"I still have need of you."
The voice of Voracitos while seemingly directed towards his most trusted Hungered Vassal, seemed some how to gravitate instead, to the artifact hanging over her bare exposed chest. No, not the artifact itself... the bond between the two. Without which, Voracitos would be without a weapon. So many artifacts in his possession, and every sacrifice was worth it for their collection. All worthy of his Vaults, all worthy of study, and all worthy of something far greater than their original designs.

With that, the pair no longer existed on Rhen Var, birthplace of Voracitos.

cShbHT5.png

She ran across the flight deck why didn't she think of it before! It was her own pride that made her think she needed more than one but the truth she did need only one. If it only worked one time and did one thing for her it was better than nothing.

The fortress was beginning to fall apart the roarings sounds of a building falling was everywhere. She wasn't one to quit then she saw the ship he had directed to take off. Her heart sank as she watched. Then she laughed what did she expect from sith forces really.

There was another filling with troopers, well...it was better than nothing. As she ran the ship lifted hovering ever so slightly in the air suddenly she felt like she was moving in slow motion, she yelled for them to stop..to wait..then a large piece of the ceiling fell on the ship pinning it to the deck.

Her options were running out she laughed again, she did not know what else to do really. It was funny right?

She wasn't some one who prayed in earnest a lot but right now she felt that need, and it wasn't for herself it was for her friends. For those that would have to continue fighting. Let them win in the end make everything we do count for something. Please.

Consigned to what she believed were her last moments she walked slowly towards the ship crushed leaking fuel and troopers who had survived spilling out, and running to get away.

Rekha nodded to whatever it was that had protected her all her life.

Something caught her eye, something odd really. Raising her hands to her hips she couldn't believe it....well feth me....she smiled.

Then she did the complete opposite of what she should, she ran to the ship that was crushed. The hull plates were hot she yanked her hand back looking about for anything...yeah... a strut from the ship. She began using it to leverage the plate off.....the metal wasn't as pliable as she hoped the heat though was starting to singe the hair on her face off. She felt it the burning..."JUST FETHING ONE!!!"

Just as she put all of her strength into it the plate popped off...YES! A small fist pump and she reached in to pull the transponder. All of this happened as LT Morin made his way into the hangar the gangplank half down..

Rekha turned, "I got it"

She got it...from the left a blaster whined. Everything went black.

Simon, and Andre were off the ship shooting the trooper who held to his post and his duty to protect the fortress. As soon as they could they pulled Rekha onto the ship, she still clutched the transponder in her hand.

"Megan!!"

Megan was there quickly looking, "it's bad...she needs more than a medic..."

The LT Morin got them out before the entire thing collapsed.

ekNrobp.png
[member="Mav Vohaloveer"] [member="Yula Perl"]​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9wrBX6S1yM​

And so they ventured off in a file with Mav leading the way guided by the droid Emily on his arm. Right behind them was Yula followed by Zef. Beaten, battered and scarred they moved through the maze of these karkin' ruins enduring the frigid cold and the steep paths leading upwards to where their ship hopefully still remained intact.

The Trash Fam might've not gotten the actual Fell Star, if that was even a thing, instead they got something that looked exactly just like it which should still make 'em some cash. In reality, this was not the important part of this whack adventure and not like Zef would ever admit it but he had learned today on Rhen Var what had mattered the most.

They stood together as family and survived.

But more importantly.

They evaded [member="Joza Perl"] 's wrath.

--​
The End.​

Darkness suddenly pierced by a point of light, the light growing ever closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

When she opened her eyes she was in her favorite bar on Nar Shaddaa, the Dancing Bantha. On stage someone was attempting to do a dance, completely dressed……hey that was her outfit. The performer was dressed in her red feather outfit when they turned Rekha’s mouth dropped open. Feth…shaking her head hoping it would clear her vision when she looked again, yes it was Coren dressed in her feathers but that wasn’t what kept her attention. Her attention was on his eyes they matched the feathers.

No, can’t be I’m drunk that’s what this is. She looked at her drink it was amber colored there was no visible hint of drugs. Maybe something colorless.

When she looked up again Coren was sitting across from her with his own drink dressed as he normally would. Maybe she imagined it.

So, what’s up you called?” She asked.

Coren laughed, “I wanted to share something with you.”

“Oh” it was not unusual for Coren to want to share something, usually some tid bit of news that presented some opportunity, or he wanted to share something to convince her to do something that he felt no one else could do.

“Do tell.” She waited.

He looked at her. Rekha felt her heart skip a beat, “New contacts?” His eyes were red just like before. She had to be drunk.

“No” He lifted his drink all while watching her.

Rekha took a long draw on her own drink, “So…when did that happen?” She had to think try to clear the cobwebs and alcohol from her mind.

Coren laughed, “I found it on Rhen Var” Rhen Var where they just fought the Sith. Fething Sith.

Rhen Var, she looked at her hands they looked normal, she felt normal she could have sworn though that her hands had gotten burned in the hangar. She shook her head.

“So Rhen Var…..feth…why? Why would you do this Coren?” she was trying to keep her emotions in control trying to find an answer. There was a fog in her mind though she felt like she was sleeping. Her words came out what seemed slow. Her actions moved before she could even guess a move.

“Oh Rekha so many reasons, better cookies, slick weapons, and they get all the girls” Sarcasm it was all sarcasm and usually she would have liked this in anyone. A bit of banter some come back all in the name of making the other person smile, or to distract from their real purpose. She looked at him..cookies. really?

Rekha reached over and slapped Coren, “Wake UP!” She waited for him to ask her what was her problem.

He grabbed her hand, “Ohhh I’ll allow you that.” his voice was deeper with a hint of the ominous in it. The imprint of her hand formed on Coren’s cheek. She had never struck him before, never even considered it. This is what he wants????

“You’ll allow!” She laughed, “You’ll allow…yeah that’s what Sith are…don’t you remember. That’s why we hunt them, we kill them, we make the galaxy a better place. You CAN’T be a sith Coren!!.” Feth feth feth….!!!!! AHHHHHHH her mind was screaming at him. She wanted to shake him. "I'll bake cookies"

And that’s the reason right there Rekha we fight and fight and it never ends” His eyes burned brilliant red, “I’m tired of fighting. I want something else now. I can’t beat them so I’m joining them.” He released her hand almost throwing it back at her. She reached up to her throat, he smiled, "no amulet" ohhhhh...not good. "you are horrible baker"

He seemed serious, what the kark had he found on Rhen Var….could she go back and find it…make it change him back.

He kept talking “You need to come with me, be my eyes and ears around the galaxy.” Coren wanted to keep doing what they were doing now for the Jedi for the Alliance except now for the Sith…”What you want me to spy on our friends, our contacts…so that you can ….what?

She felt like someone had torn her soul out taking her emotions and scattering them on the floor then stomped on them into the nether. He was sounding like a sith. He couldn’t be that lost..this had to be temporary…this just couldn't be possible.

“WE can show them a better way” He inched closer. Something wild in his eyes, it had to be because they were still red. Something her imagination was tricking her into thinking.

A better way.” She couldn’t do it. She tried not to cry but it was there. She couldn’t do what he was asking for the reason he was asking. She couldn’t see him be a sith…what was she going to do. She couldn't hunt a friend, couldn't ...every swear word she knew raced through her mind.

“I can’t” she whispered, she knew what the Sith were, she knew in her heart it wasn’t who Coren was that there had to be a way to bring him back. “You’re going to make me hunt you” Her green eyes filled with confusion and pain as she looked at him.

“No you’re making a choice to hunt me, I’m giving you a way to stay with me.” He sat back smiling at her while she twisted over what he was saying. "A way to keep us on the same side"

Suddenly he leaned over lifting her chin up from where it had fallen on her chest, “Rekha…..think about it….cookies, and weapons.

She shook her head, “You’ve lost your mind Coren but I'm going to find a way to fix it. I swear.” Her last breath she'd find a way to bring him back. She didn't see humor in this.

He laughed pulled his hand back for a moment his head fell forward into his hands. When he looked up his eyes were normal, he stretched out his hand showing her the contacts. “Got cha!”

It was a joke, it was JOKE!, “Oh now I’m going to kill you!” She laughed, but everything fell to black again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When she opened her eyes next she was in a hospital room confused but breathing.

([member="Coren Starchaser"] - Rekha out)

cShbHT5.png
Objective: Defy the Odds.
Allies: Outer Rim Coalition.
Enemies: The Sith Empire.

praxeum_divider_crappy.png
Throughout the years I’ve strode along this unending path of conflict, I’ve seen myself perish a thousand times; with each death different from the last. It was my supposed curse, rather than an apparent blessing, to see the ever-shifting tides of the future. Having insight into the branches of infinite possibilities was considered by some to be a bountiful gift, but the truth was their collective minds were numb to the consequences of such dark, foreboding knowledge. To see every fateful choice and their subsequent paths laid out before oneself? It was wholly maddening, to say the least. When I felt the frigid tendrils of such portents slowly creeping into the recesses of my mind, I did my best to fight against the coming tide; knowing full well that it would steal my cognizance of the present.

Some believed that the winding paths of the future were a river that was ever-changing and twisting to the whims of unknown creatures dwelling behind the veil of reality. However, in my experience with the impossibilities of prognostication, the future and it’s myriad of uncertainties was akin to a depthless ocean; threatening to drown any that were swept into the swirling depths. My fight against that relentless advance was akin to throwing back the sea with cupped hands, and harsh language. While my will was ironclad and forged from years of discipline, I couldn’t last against such insurmountable odds for very long. Eventually, the tidal press of uncertainties would breach through the mental defences erected around the inner sanctums of my consciousness.

When my mental fortress began to crumble, I found myself grasping onto the crimson breastplate of a fallen Sith-Imperial soldier; which in turn began to soak my fingers in the crushed warrior’s very essence. It was then, that I saw yet another vision of my death transpire before my very eyes. I was clambering up the fallen soldier, seeking to ascend towards the high ground, when my end came. Speared through the heart by a turadium rod, wrenched free from the Emperor’s torso mere moments before. Ignoble as it was if I remained paralyzed by that dark portent of the future, I was certain to die; forgotten and alone amongst the snows of Rhen Var. It’s true that a Jedi welcomes death when it is their time to die, but it was foolish to believe that our Order held a deathwish of sorts.

Yes, we willingly give our lives in pursuit of a greater purpose, but only when there were others that’d take up and inevitably finish the fight. I was alone, then. Separated from my kindred and my allies. There wouldn’t be a soul atop this frozen world who’d be capable of picking up where I left off and ending the threat that the Sith Emperor posed. Thus, I needed to live. So, after my body regained control of itself, I threw my weight to the side; seeking to meet my impending doom head on. When I landed on my back, my danger senses began to flare. They demanded that I acted; that I tossed myself away from this improvised projectile and into the loving embrace of safety. Such an act was impossible now.

With my lips drawing thin, I braced myself for what was to come. The rod lanced through the taut meat of my midsection; puncturing organs and my intestinal tract alike. It wasn’t anything like the death I bore witness too mere moments ago. I saved myself at the eleventh hour from such a fate, but couldn’t escape impalement no matter how hard I tried. My body was on the precipice of failure, for it endured more than any mortal figure, but I couldn’t will myself to do the impossible. I had to endure one more grievous injury. While that wasn’t ideal in the grand scheme of things, a rod to the gut was better than an agonizing demise as my thunderous heart drummed its last beat. When the Emperor’s blade tore through my flesh, I didn’t cry out in pain. Nor did I shriek in agony when I roused myself from unconsciousness to find my body crippled by the structural collapse.

However, when that improvised spear lanced through my abdomen? A bark of torment leapt unbidden from my lips; echoing through the smoke and fiery devastation that surrounded my crumpled form.

“A good throw,” I hissed through blood-stained and clenched teeth. I didn’t care if the Sith Emperor could hear me through the blaring klaxons, and the crackling fires. All that mattered to me was that my admiration for the blow was given voice; lest I entered death’s embrace without speaking another word. “If only the infinite causeway of the future was denied to me, then you might’ve claimed my life.” Again, those words were wheezed through crimson-bathed without care if they were heard.

I struggled then, with my attention falling from the overwhelming presence of the Dark Lord to focus instead upon my wounds. It would’ve been foolish to do otherwise, as I would need to cauterize the flesh; lest I bleed out during the midst of our ensuing battle. With great effort and several guttural curses in almost a dozen languages, the rod that speared through my hand was removed. My own essence began to mingle with the blood of those that were crushed beneath the entrance’s collapse before it was sealed by a rapid spritz of sealant form taken from my ash-stained belt. When the numbing agents took effect and the miniaturized canister ran dry, I tossed the handheld device aside - only to find my eyes drifting towards the rocky slope before me.

The Emperor was there among the fire and smoke. No doubt advancing towards me in order to finish this battle with his bare hands. I wouldn’t face him on my back, as that was certain to be the end of me - more so than the improvised lance threatened to be mere moments before. So, in light of that denied strand of fate, I painfully roused myself from the rubble; gritting my blood-stained teeth as I shakily rose to stand upon my feet.

With my wounded hand curling into a fist alongside its untouched twin, I let my grim determinism adorn my ruined and blood-soaked patrician features. Defiant, until the end.

“I can go at this all day.”
| [member="Darth Carnifex"] |

dSjq8mE.png
"Fate is a fickle thing."

The Emperor knew that better than perhaps any other man living, for he had gone to excessive lengths to surround himself with prophets and seers to better divine the future and plan accordingly. He approached the impaled Jedi slowly, savoring the gradual build-up towards the inevitable kill. More rubble collapsed around them, clouds of dust blanketing the destruction like a thick fog. Muted flames silhouetted the Dark Lord's figure as he neared, wicked shadows spiraling off of his body like a kaleidoscope of darkness and malice.

A cruel chortle bubbled up from somewhere in the Emperor's throat as the Jedi, battered, beaten, bleeding, rose up on his feet to stand defiant against the inevitable.

To stand against him.

"It will be known that you fought well," mocked the Emperor, "But that is all that will be remembered." The particles in the air seemed to come to a standstill as the Emperor's body coiled, muscles tightening under scarred flesh, and then uncoiled instantly as the gargantuan warrior lunged forward towards the Jedi. Large hands reached out to grab the smaller man, to hold him firmly and keep him from escaping. With such strength, it would be a trifle thing to pin him down and wrench his head right off of his neck with one hand. The trick would be ensuring that he couldn't escape, but it was undoubtedly true that if Master Sunstrider found himself in the Emperor's iron grasp...

His life would be forfeit.

[member="Arcanus Sunstrider"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom