Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private War Babies

B6EPcpg.png

OUTFIT: Yael | Emam
TAG: Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira | Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla
GEARS: In bio

chang-wei-chen-chang-wei-chen-training-area-2-2.jpg

KATARYE ALLEY, WEST RIDGE, TOR VALUM, KESTRI, WILD SPACE

War. A necessary misfortune. Our Enclave really needs to change, after decades of stagnation, complacency, and apathy. The war to come is certainly a move towards a better future and direction. The galaxy has always been ours to take, and finally we knock some senses to the elders, to take action, to take what's rightfully ours. Yet, the cost of war will never be something easy to swallow. One of those is the time sacrifice that one has to take, for the sake of the people. Ever since we started the preparation of the wars to come, all of us have been busy with our respective jobs, all for our devotion towards the Almighty and the Tribe of Mandalore. For dad, it is to ensure that the money keeps flowing to the warchest. For Emam, it is to pump out high quality tools of war. And for me, it is to spread the zeal amongst our youth and protect our people from the biggest threat of them all, the Jedi and the Sith.

Today is one of the rare days in which both Emam and I are free. Usually, we spend those days training and drinking, and today is not an exception. We do have a private training ground at home. However, we are planning on hitting town afterwards anyway, Emam recently breaking up with his ex and all (which was totally his fault, but I digress). Thus, we decided to hit the training field in the West Ridge. We grabbed what we needed and took off in our Beskar'gam.

The training ground is relatively empty today. There are a couple of people here and there, but no one familiar. We did a couple of warm-up and shooting reps to start the training, waiting if anyone is going to challenge us for sparring. Without any intent of bragging, Emam is levels below me when it comes to combat. I took dueling and FUs neutralizing as a specialization in my Mandokarla training, while Emam spent most of his time in the art of smithing. It is obviously a very important skill that is essential in the survival of our people, and Emam will one day be a major contributor in our effort to reclaim the galaxy, but it is a fact that when it comes to combat, he is considered average at best. I will never humiliate him and our clan by taking him for a spar in public places.

After finishing our reps, it seems that there is no challenge, still. It might be the clear signs in our Beskar'gam that we are from an influential and respectable clan, it might be the fact that it is still early in the day. It does get boring still, after the reps with training droids and dummies.

smalldivsilver.png

Kestri was far, far colder than the planet she grew up on.

Archais was tropical, humid, hotter than Manda forsaken Tatooine itself. Mevia had grown used to the muggy climate, but inside the Chiss seemed to instinctively yearn for the crisp cold. Hearing tales of Csilla all growing up, there was a cry for frost in her very bones.

But now, she was actually here. And karking hoth this place was cold! Fully suited in beskar'gam, she humphed grumpily as she and her sister entered the training quarters of Katarye Alley. Mevia and Elise were coming here to find new training partners. Long ago, the two were little girls training under their mother, Gwyneira Krayt. But their Buir always told them about keeping on their toes, and how to never stop improving. Of course, both girls took that lesson to heart as they grew older - albeit, through two very different paths. Elise Krayt trained as a Novanian Shaman on top of being a Mandalorian. With the Empire and Enclave having not battled in decades, the uneasy standoff and lack of military service meant Elise could technically walk To Valum'a streets. Though Mevia doubted she liked it here.

Mevia, meanwhile, had trained directly under her father as they both worked in Chiss space to help their people. Mevia managed to get a lot of experience fighting Chiss enemies, common thugs, and the likes under Eliz Krayt's guidance. Mevia even had passed her Verd'goten, a most memorable experience.

With Mevia on frontlines and Elise training, Mevia had expected to be way stronger the next time they duelled. Alas, their sparring matches still came out fifty fifty. It burned in Mevia's soul. She needed to get stronger still. Of course, Elise also felt the urge to improve; and now, they stood in a relatively empty training yard.

Mevia huffed. How disappointing.

<"And here I thought the cold would be worth it.">

Elise sighed from behind her, <"And the gloominess. It's so dirty and cramped in this place...">

Mevia rolled her eyes beneath her visor, <"Your plants and jungles are awfully dirty to me">

Elise huffed from behind her, <"It is nature, Mevia, and a clear sky above me. Not some artificial ceiling with cobwebs and shadow.">

Mevia turned to face her sister, <"Buir says Tor Valum hasn't been in its prime for decades. You would have liked it then, I'm sure.">

It was indeed disappointing, looking at the state of this city. The streets were more like slums. Trash littered the roads, walls cracked, and dust was visible on every surface. The lighting was poor, and even through her buy'ce she could smell the waste. It seemed into her senses, burned in her eyes. The Mandalorian Enclave was in shambles! This needed to change.

She clenched her fists, swinging around and marching into the middle of the training yard. She literally looked at the first people she spotted and walked towards them.

<"Hello, vode. Want to duel?">

<"Mevia! You can't just walk up to people and say that!">

1NE7Q7Q_d.webp

Elise chased after Mevia and took her arm. She was far too hasty and zealous! Elise could not always be there to make sure she never got punched for her bluntness. She pulled her lil' sister aside and looked to the two Mandalorians Mevia had challenged.

<"I apologize! She did not mean to just challenge you like you have a problem or anything. If anything, Mev is the problem-">

<"-Hey!">

<"What we mean is,"> Elise offered a military bow of respect, taught to her by her Si'kahya grandfather, <"Would you be interested in training together? To further improve all our skill in battle? It would be an honor.">

During it all, Elise also recalled what Mevia said; about Tor Valum's glory days. Would she still have liked it then? It was so cramped and industrial here, Elise kind of doubted it. Overall, everyone here would have noticed how uncomfortable Elise felt here. Her rigid movements and the haste in her tone. This was meant to be the home of the Mandalorians, but to Elise this cavern city was claustrophobic. She preferred seeing an open sky above her head, and smelling fresh air. She preferred digging her bare feet in cold mud and brushing her hands against plants as she ran freely across the landscape. This dark underground abode felt too depressing. It felt like a cage.

But Elise still has a purpose here. The train. She stood up and looked to the two new acquaintances Mevia had barged into. One was female, with white and cream green colored beskar'gam. The other was a male with a green beskar'gam. The green only reminded her more of her preferred habitat. But all these beskar'gams, and looking over to Mevia wearing her own, made Elise feel even more out of place.

She wore "Mandalorian" gear, but it was no beskar'gam. The training cuirass did not even have an Iron Heart on it, and it was duraplast. She wore no buy'ce, instead wearing a more standard looking helmet style. Although, the helmet did have Clan Krayt's symbol on it. The style of craft, meanwhile, was very Mandalorian. Rectangular and signs of Mandalorian craftsmanship in the shape. And an Iron Heart necklace was hung on her neck.

Still, it was obvious. She had no beskar'gam. She had not passed her Verd'goten. Not yet...

She had been so busy training and studying, she never took the time to pass it. She knew she was skilled and powerful in her own right, but she felt like an insect without the proof that armor could give her. She tried her best to keep her head up, thankful that her helmet hid her sheepishness.

Yael Kandar Yael Kandar

B6EPcpg.png

Just as the training started to get stale, two other figures approached us. One of them, apparently the shorter one, is wrapped around a black and gray Beskar'gam. Her Beskar'gam seems to be heavily modified and more advanced compared to either mine or Emam's. The platings is most likely fully Beskar, and the signs and sigil visible indicate that she is of Clan Krayt. The other figure, on the other hand, wears a training cuirass and non-Buy'ce helmet. I have to guess that this one is the younger sibling that hasn't passed the Verd'goten, although I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that she is just a Dar'manda, or a Mandalorian from heretic organizations.
She clenched her fists, swinging around and marching into the middle of the training yard. She literally looked at the first people she spotted and walked towards them.

<"Hello, vode. Want to duel?">

<"Mevia! You can't just walk up to people and say that!">

<"I apologize! She did not mean to just challenge you like you have a problem or anything. If anything, Mev is the problem-">

<"-Hey!">

<"What we mean is,"> Elise offered a military bow of respect, taught to her by her Si'kahya grandfather, <"Would you be interested in training together? To further improve all our skill in battle? It would be an honor.">

Their introduction supported that notion. The first lady, Mevia, is more straight-forward, more Mandalorian I suppose, while the second one acted like a confused foreigner. It is widely known that we are martial people. A challenge to duel is that, a display of martial prowess and social dominance. It is not disrespectful, it is the way. Apologizing for it and denying the way our people live can either be an ignorant thought, or a sinful display. Either way, not a good look.
"Morning, vod. Duel, sure, we'd love to. Which one of us would you like to face, Mevia? I reckon it's the two of us, and just one of you. That's unless the little sister right here is also interested in more than usual training, of course."

I scanned each of the two new faces, head covered by their respective helmets. It does limit the readings I can get of their reactions and responses, but some of it still drips through. Emam steps to stand to my side, and I can hear his annoying sigh.
"Yael, be nice."

Be nice. Respect weakness. At times like this I wish we are in private so I can slap some sense into his head. Emam can be the soft one between the two of us, and that can't fail to irritate me everytime. I'm not denying his important role in the family, but that's what happens when you are not used to standing and fighting on the frontline. Our people can't survive if we tolerate such displays. It is life vs. death, every single day. Alas, we are in public, and I can't give him a beating without attracting disrespect to our Clan, so I let it go for now. I shifted my attention back to the two, looking forward to the challenge. Most likely, it will be me vs. Mevia, but who knows, maybe the little sister will suddenly grow some pairs and challenge me.
"Come on, who goes first?"

smalldivsilver.png

1NE7Q7Q_d.webp

By nature, Elise was a polite individual. She had been raised training alongside Imperial Mandalorians, as well as by the Shamans of Novania. She was raised to be respectful of authority and even peers. But when she felt disrespected here? The silver glove was pulled off, and an iron fist took its place. Still, Elise was not the kind to angrily scream and throw a fit. Unlike pretty much every other member of her family, her anger was a far more controlled burn.

<"Actually,">

She took a step forward, lifting her head higher and looking directly at Yael, <"I would love to duel you, Yael. I can assure you, I am familiar with Mandalorian training.">

She could sense Mevia about to say something, but she turned and looked directly at her. Despite both wearing helmets, the glare was felt even through two visors. I can fight my own battles.

Elise wore simple training armor, but the vambraces made by her mother were ready for battle. And Elise was armed with two kals and a pistol. The pistol especially appeared high quality. To anyone who did not know, whoever made her equipment was still an amazing forgemaster.

She continued to look directly at Yael, awaiting a response. She did not seem to be fuming and angry, but rather calm despite her temper. It would have been a real shame for Yael to chicken out of this match, after attempting to shame her so.

Wait, this vod thought Elise was the youngest? Sure, Elise was a bit lacking in the beskar'gam department, but everyone else they had ever met assumed Elise was the oldest. Which she was. Despite it all, the assumption inflated Mevia's pride. It made her feel even more of an edge over Elise. So despite her usual response being to defend her big sister... she did nothing.

So inflated was her ego, she was about to accept dueling two people at once when Elise ruined it all. She stepped up and challenged the mouthy Mandalorian. Mevia wanted to tell Elise she was ruining her moment, but a swift glare through her visor shut her mouth. But even then, Mevia still felt a rush of pride for Elise. And her sisterly love returned. She had been the one to teach her to defend herself, when Mevia had first been adopted. She expected nothing less than from Elise to prove her worth here.

Mevia would have to stick to fighting just one.

She turned to the more soft spoken brother and shrugged, <"Okay, show me what you got while Elise teaches Yael a lesson.">

There was confidence in Mevia's tone over Elise's skill. She knew Elise was a skilled fighter, for they duelled many times. Neither seemed to be stronger than the other. By fighting a new opponent entirely, Mevia was hoping to meet someone who was unfamiliar. Someone with a fresh challenge. She stalked out into the training yard, just expecting the male Mandalorian to follow.

Get her, Elise!

Yael Kandar Yael Kandar

B6EPcpg.png

<"Actually,">

She took a step forward, lifting her head higher and looking directly at Yael, <"I would love to duel you, Yael. I can assure you, I am familiar with Mandalorian training.">

It was surprising, and admittedly admirable that the girl stood up for herself and took the challenge. I had a hunch earlier that the sister would jump into her defense, but I'm glad to be proven wrong. On top of her, she seemed to be quite composed in taking the insult, instead of losing her cools. Perhaps, this one is a calculated and dangerous adversary.
"Very well then. Your name?"

However, she doesn't wear a Beskar'gam for a reason. Whatever that reason is, it is enough to separate the like of her from me.
"You sure your armor can take on these Beskar?"

I set my ultrasonic pistol setting to light stun, still in its holster, and unsheathed my Gauntlet-Beskad, waiting for her response. These bad boys can be very dangerous against non-Beskar platings, especially if I activate the vibro-motor. The question was partly a taunt, but also a genuine concern. Dar'manda or not, I am not going to fatally injure anyone in a mere practice. Between the Exoskeleton, Halo Jump Boots, Tractor-Pressor Beam Projector, and the standard grappling line, I'm sure I can handle her just fine.​

smalldivsilver.png

B6EPcpg.png

Of course, Yael's hubris has put me in a precarious situation. I'm not worried at all for Yael, I am pretty sure she can handle her sparring partner well, especially with the high-end gears she is rocking, courtesy of yours truly. She has always been the fighter among the two of us, after all, a fact that I have no shame of admitting. We all have our own role within the Enclave, her's is defending the Enclave from the threat of hostile Force-users, while mine is supplying the Enclave with the best possible tools of war. Also, it's not like I can't fight. Throw me in a ring with an average clan levy warrior and I give myself a 70% winning shot.

This, however, this Mevia girl is a completely different beast. Just from a quick glance, I can see that her Beskar'gam platings are fully Beskar. A Krayt with a full Beskar. Either she is a very accomplished warrior, or a daughter of a very important person, which means she would have access to the best training regiments and mentors from a very young age. Possibly both of those. Combined with the bravado she moves and talks? I don't think I have any chance. 5% winning shot if I am being generous to myself. Her smaller size doesn't matter at all. You know what they say about short and compact girls.

She turned to the more soft spoken brother and shrugged, <"Okay, show me what you got while Elise teaches Yael a lesson.">

"Well, here goes nothing."

I set my ultrasonic pistol setting to heavy stun, still in its holster, and unsheathed my Gauntlet-Beskad. I feel like I have to go all out on this one. Well, finger-crossed. Let's just hope that I can hold on until Yael beats Elise, then at least I will not be the number one loser of the day.

smalldivsilver.png

1NE7Q7Q_d.webp

[94B1A7]"Very well then. Your name?"[/color]

Elise responded curtly, <"Elise. Clan Krayt.">

[color=94B1A7]"You sure your armor can take on these Beskar?"[/color]

Elise narrowed her eyes beneath her visor as Yael taunted her armor. Elise frowned, though she could not see it, <"A good smith worked on this specifically for training with beskar. I trust her.">

Of course Elise trusted her mother.

Elise looked away for a second, and explained, <"I don't think I should earn my beskar'gam until I've passed my Verd'goten. I've dedicated everything I have to training, but never had the opportunity to take the trial.">

More specifically, Elise trained both as a Mandalorian and a Novanian Shaman. But she doubted Yael was the kind to understand the energy draining demand of a Shaman's training.

<"I will show you what I'm capable of.">

She pulled her blaster Blitz from its holster, setting it to stun. She drew a beskar kal from her sheath and held it in a defensive stance. She slipped easily into the combat position and spoke in a calm tone, <"Your move, vod.">

Yael Kandar Yael Kandar

Mevia looked to the more soft spoken Mandalorian as he entered a fighting stance. She cocked her head to the side a bit and asked, <"Aren't you going to introduce yourself first?">

Mevia casually drew her beskad, but waited for the young man's response. She leaned on one foot and placed a hand on her hip. He seemed nervous, which was unusual to Mevia. Weren't all Mandalorians skilled warriors? She sincerely hoped she and Elise had not traveled all the way to Kestri just to be disappointed...

Alas, she awaited his introduction. If he had the gumption to even say his name. The Chiss lass was not the patient type though.

Yael Kandar Yael Kandar Emam Kandar Emam Kandar

B6EPcpg.png

Elise responded curtly, <"Elise. Clan Krayt.">

There's a hint of annoyance on Elise's voice. Perhaps it hits too close to home. I could imagine that there is jealousy and insecurity in her, not having a Beskar'gam when her sister's is fully plated with beskar.

"Yael, Clan Kandar."

Elise narrowed her eyes beneath her visor as Yael taunted her armor. Elise frowned, though she could not see it, <"A good smith worked on this specifically for training with beskar. I trust her.">

Of course Elise trusted her mother.

Elise looked away for a second, and explained, <"I don't think I should earn my beskar'gam until I've passed my Verd'goten. I've dedicated everything I have to training, but never had the opportunity to take the trial.">

How durable is a non-beskar material when clashing with a beskar, I'm not exactly sure. What I know is, the beskar will eventually wear down the non-beskar. It's how things work in this galaxy. Beskar will always overcome non-beskar, and Mando'ade will always come on top of aruetii. The Almighty willed us, blessing our tribe with a unique metal, a special bond, an exceptional resolve, and the only true destiny. That's why everyone else hates us and always tries to eradicate us. Not because we are inferior, because we are superior, because they are afraid of us. And afraid of us they shall never stop.

"You should. The galaxy isn't a friendly place for our folks."

She'll need it, sooner or later. Something big is going to happen. A reckoning. An inevitable all out war, us against everyone, the whole galaxy. She'll need to pass the Verd'goten fast and prepare for the great war. That's unless she is planning to hide, or fight on the other side.

She slipped easily into the combat position and spoke in a calm tone, <"Your move, vod.">

I shot a preemptive shot from my pistol before launching myself with a jetpack towards Elise. The shot was meant as a distraction, so I could take the first swing with the Gauntlet-Beskad at her Kal-handling arm, still with its vibro-motor off.

smalldivsilver.png

B6EPcpg.png

Mevia looked to the more soft spoken Mandalorian as he entered a fighting stance. She cocked her head to the side a bit and asked, <"Aren't you going to introduce yourself first?">

"Emam, Clan Kandar."

Mevia looks so confident and relaxed, like she can sense the slight nervousness in my voice and movement. It's not wise to take the first shot in this situation. I put myself in a defensive stance. I would rather fight on the defensive, that's what I'm more used to, and it gives me the highest probability of holding on.

Come on, I've trained so much for this. While I almost always lose to Yael, I am familiar enough with her offenses to make her work for it. The few times I stole wins are when I managed to rile her up. Mevia might be completely different, but it's a bet I'm willing to take. Hopefully she is also an aggressive fighter like Yael, and I can capitalize on that for openings. I took a long breath for a few seconds and closed my eyes, before shifting my entire focus on my body and her's.

"Gonna stand there forever, vod?"

smalldivsilver.png

Quick to the point. She liked that. When Emam asked if she would stand there all day, she scoffed in amusement, <"I felt like loitering today, so.">

She smirked beneath her visor as she held her beskad in an offensive stance. She darted towards Emam and swung her beskad towards his own, trying a quick parry as she aimed a heavy punch towards his chest with her free hand.

Emam Kandar Emam Kandar

1NE7Q7Q_d.webp

"You should. The galaxy isn't a friendly place for our folks."

Elise nodded at the response, but mostly focused on the task at hand. Thanks to being Force Sensitive, she had precognition that made her reaction time remarkably fast. She tilted her body to the left, dodging the bolt, as she raised her Kal to block the incoming attack. Yael's heavy attack caused their blades to screech. Elise pulled away from the direct attack, breaking the lock. She unsheathed her second kal and side stepped. Light on her, swift to dodge, she darted in with a flurry of swipes and cuts, then back again the moment Yael would try something offensive. The hit and run tactic was a common go to for the smaller Krayt. But she was not mindless and going in blind. She was observing Yael's reactions and how she responded as well. She needed to know her opponent in order to defeat her. To defeat her, and to prove her worth as a Mandalorian.

Yael Kandar Yael Kandar

B6EPcpg.png

When Emam asked if she would stand there all day, she scoffed in amusement, <"I felt like loitering today, so.">

"Oh yeah?

Contrary to what she said, Mevia quickly flung herself towards me and swung her Beskad. Her Beskad charge was seemingly aimed towards my own Beskad Gauntlet, as I managed to parry it to the side. Before I could respond with a counter, Mevia launched her other hand towards my chest. I caught her intention at the last second and leaned myself backward upon contact, trying to limit the impact, while retaliating with a backhand Beskad swing. It is still a hard punch, however, she's one hell of a strong girl.

"Nice one, Mev."

I chuckled, slowly building the confidence inside of me and getting bolder by the time. I have a hunch that this girl reads emotion well, and I'd rather radiate a daring energy rather than a hesitant one.

smalldivsilver.png

B6EPcpg.png

I have to admit that Elise is a quite capable fighter. The way she fights is like a butterfly dancing in the sky. Elegant, nimble, with an edge of suddenness. She blocked my first swing, taking out another Beskad, and launched a quick sequence of Beskad swings and slashes. I parried some, a few clashes with my Beskar'gam, while I'm scurrying for distance. I need a different tactic.

Elise's gameplan is a simple one, evade and counter. There's two ways to find an opening in this case. The first one, lure her to the offensive. Might sound simple, but judging from her composure earlier, I'm not sure if I can do that. The second one, it is. Still having some distance, I shot another round with my pistol before launching myself towards Elise. Not aiming for a slash or a thrust of Beskad, but for a shoulder tackle to take her down. Can't do the hit n' run if I have her florred for a ground and pound.

smalldivsilver.png

Mevia returned his banter with a confident and amused snicker. She blocked the gauntlet blade as she clenched her free fist.

In a real combat situation, she would have been more than happy to use a couple explosives, some whistling birds, some well aimed charric bolts... but in training, there was only so much she could do.

But she had enough options still available.

She thrust the gauntlet blade to the side and once again moved in. This time, she pushed with her boot repulsers and slightly activated her jetpack. Emam Kandar Emam Kandar had attempted to evade a direct strike the way Elise always did. This meant that he was weaker to direct physical contact. She let go of her beskad completely as she extended her arms and opened her hands. She hoped to tackle Emam and slam him into the ground.

1NE7Q7Q_d.webp

It seemed like Yael Kandar Yael Kandar was struggling! Triumph flooded Elise's head as she continued with what was proving to be a successful tactic. But no matter how fast she went, she could tell that Yael was strategizing in her mind. Elise had to be ready for sudden changes in - there it was.

Another shot. Elise jumped aside, avoiding it, but was met with Yael's powerful hand on her shoulder. Of course Yael was a hunk of muscle like Mevia. But she remained calm. Even when she was on the ground, weapons fallen on the floor, Elise refused to let herself panic. She was at a disadvantage, but she could work with this.

She lifted her foot and shot a grappling hook towards the nearest metallic wall. She retracted the wire, pulling herself and her opponent across the floor. Meantime, she lifted her hand and shot a second chord towards a crate of training supplies sitting on a nearby bench. Grappling her opponent and doing her best to keep her from completely overpowering her, she ranked the supplies crate towards Yael. Meanwhile, she activated her magnetic soles and attempted to her bottom half up the wall. She hoped that the crate would distract or daze Yael enough that she could snap herself upright using the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom