Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Vive la Revolution: CIS Dominion of Rothana

Valessia Brentioch

V
BYOO.png

"Oh?" Began Valessia, "go on, tell me of your troubles. I assure you that talking about them will take the weight right off those shoulders of yours." She sat opposite of her daughter in the posh observation deck, with the stars above the glasisteel. They glittered in the void, like painted points of light that hung just for them. "I'm glad, it would be rather disheartening to know that it hurt you in any way." It being their last adventure, "and I am so terribly sorry about that..."
"I hadn't expected it to go about the way it did, I knew there would be some trouble, but nothing my daughters couldn't handle." Handle, they did. Valessia was quite proud of her girls working together. "I was hoping to find the effects of the Force and its residual nature." One truth, a second perhaps after telling her daughter that she wanted to spend time with her - that was true. Somewhere the real Valessia did speak, however her alter ego often took over. Savidicus.
"I was also hoping to recover any old Galactic Imperial records, of course, the Force-sensitive crystal was a bonus," but it was something Valessia expected to find, and it was something that could entice Mishel to participate. "Now then, please tell me what troubles you." She wouldn't expect the full truth, as much as she would love to hear everything, she was sure that part of this was related to Alessandra's career. "And, if you cannot tell me, then I trust you are able to speak with someone, your sister or perhaps your brother when he isn't off serving in whatever military entity happens to be loyal to the latest Sith Order."

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Justice.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure

Gerwald nodded to the young squire as the ground around them began to freeze. The wolf did not have to look over his shoulder to know who had caused it. It was a good thing he did not either as shards of ice flew through sky, several close enough to kiss the edge of his cheek. Had he turned, he certainly would have been sliced. He shook his head as he pressed ahead to deal with what slavers seemed to remain. It was then the squire spoke up.​
They should interrogate them to find the leader.​
She was smart, and Lunara acknowledged it. However there was a side to Lunara which seemed to be insatiable since Roon. Question one, kill the others. It was very unlike the winter witch to say such things. Gerwald had seen the darkness in her, but he had yet to see it released. This was different. Lunara seemed... predatory in nature.​
His eyes turned to the woman, questioning her slightly. Yet, he nodded.​
"Slavery is a capital crime within the Confederacy. Do not spare them."
Perhaps Dreidi would question the order, or maybe she would comply. This was going to be a test. The Knights Obsidian were not the peacekeepers that the Jedi were, and they were not the butchers which many associated with the Sith. They were balanced in that regard. These deaths were not about revenge, or needless bloodshed. They would be about justice.​
Gerwald did not hesitate as he rushed ahead leaving Lunara to her preferred method of extracting the information. His mind dropped on request.​
< "Try to avoid torture if you can." >

A mischievous smile reflected Fiolette’s as Arthur fell into step behind his grandmother, watching the poise, the ease with which she directed her forces into position around them. Arthur hadn’t known his grandmother growing up, not really. The odd visit wasn’t enough to really get to know her, not in any real sense. It was why he had leapt at the chance to work with her, to follow her on this trip.

And so far he hadn’t been disappointed.

“One thing no-one can say about Primo-Victorian is that we’re fools…at least not outloud where we can hear them anyway. Besides, the Confederacy’s loss is our gain. If they’re as good as you say, well then picking up the facilities here could be helpful for us to increase our presence in the surrounding markets, or to funnel into research and development.”

A bright grin flashed over the young man’s face, as he inclined his head towards the woman, he wasn’t entirely sure when he’d started thing of an us, of being part of the company but…it was a nice feeling. It felt like belonging. A smile touched Arthur’s lips before fading slightly.

“To hear mum talk about it, you never failed, I…never wanted to let them down like that. Or…let you down. If I get everything right, do it perfectly, I don’t need to worry about that, about seeing the disappointment on anyone’s face, feeling like a failure.”

The last was delivered in a soft voice, an admission drawn out of him almost against his will, words tumbling over one another in a rush to get out as he reached up, slapping his face with both hands before nodding, one hand reaching for his blaster.

“It’s such a shame that they weren’t willing to listen to reason and talk, but what can you expect of people who hold such a fanatical loyalty. Thankfully the other’s were more willing to listen to reason. The Confederacy really should be thanking us for stepping in to help and save lives…you think they’ll give us a medal?”

One way or the other, he knew that sometimes the unexpected could happen, but he’d promised, nothing bad would happen to his grandmother while he could do anything to stop it.

Fiolette Fortan

wrappingpaper.png
Tags:
Valessia Brentioch

She wanted to.

It would be so easy to slip into the mind of the young woman who fled to her mother every time something frustrated her. Rarely, was it in tears—But her guidance was something she always craved. Her father was very military-minded. Her mother was in a category all her own. Only Valessia Brentioch could have the upper class of Brentaal IV eating out of her hand on a whim while having barely lifted a finger. Or, it seemed that way.

Maintaining appearances, especially, in the wake of personal destruction was exhausting.

She wanted to talk to her mother. She wanted to be open, honest, and unburden everything that sat in the back of her mind like a festering wound—But could she? The dark-haired woman seemed contrite about the way their last adventure had unfolded, however, Valessia was brilliant. She had always known how it would go. Alessandra had a glaring weakness in the armor she’d built to survive the cut-throat financial system she governed. Family. She would always forgive her.

“…I know I shouldn’t…”

Alessandra let her eyes trail toward the stars above. Uncharacteristically, her throat felt tight. She hated this. She hated feeling this way. She hated that any mention of the name put her back in the throes of denying the inevitable. “I’m not entertaining the idea of reconciliation. But…I miss him.”

She wouldn’t even say his name. Either, of their names.

“And I hate it.”

She was relieved when her mother began to speak of the records and crystals but the conversation came full circle and returned back to her troubles. Alessandra sighed, heavily, and her arms crossed over her chest to hide a silken amethyst blouse. “The galaxy seems to have gone mad.”

“It’s getting worse—And I don’t see an end in sight.”

For reasons she couldn’t begin to comprehend a good portion of the galaxy only deigned to deal with and or associate with the Confederacy. It hadn’t always been that way. But, things were changing. Blaming a Sith leader seemed to be the easiest for some people. Alessandra couldn’t follow the logic, save, to accept that the coup had been a farce. “Isley stepping down. Resigning…”

“It feels wrong.”

Before Gerwald could answer her question about finding someone to interrogate, ice shards came from nowhere and fired upon the slavers. Dreidi flinched and ducked though they were near her, responding the opposite way to the calm reaction of the Lord Commander. Dreidi looked at the woman who threw the ice at the opponents. There was an anger brewing in her, one she had recognise being there before Rhand but was even stronger than before now. Dreidi was a little terrified of Lunara since she was demonstrating an anger or hatred she had only seen in the Sith that they had fought on Rhand.

Looking around, Dreidi was complimented by the terrifying woman and the Lord Commander agreed that they needed to take the leader to interrogate about the operation. However, they both made it clear that the rest would die. That the punishment for slavery was death, she would have to murder the other slavers. People she didn't know and lives she didn't know about. Like they might be forced into the line of work, not wanting to do this. The likelihood her case would be agreed with seemed low and her own blood boiled with the idea that there were definitely people who loved slavery and enjoyed causing others pain.

Her own arguments were being torn apart and she knew if she was forced into that line of work and the CIS came at them like they were then she would just surrender and plead her case. That was all she could hope for was others did that and they would offer mercy to them. Throwing her saber, she buried her Lightsaber into the chest of a slaver. Giving Gerwald his answer about whether or not Dreidi would do what was needed. She would protect the Lord Commander and Lunara best she could and fight to keep them safe from those that wished them harm and that was the mindset she had to get into. ​

Fiolette Fortan

F
BYOO.png
Fiolette found herself chuckling, slightly as Arthur spoke. "Exactly, and we're not above sharing - for a price." Arthur was among a generation of her family that she was still getting to know. He joined the likes of Frielle and Niance Kinniak, grandchildren that she hadn't either known of or spent much time with. The latter was true for Arthur, for while the open adoption allowed for Fiolette to spend time with her daughters. She often couldn't, kept away by one Empire or another - doing their bidding and what have you.
Primo Victorian happened to be a way for them to get to know each other. The company that had originally begun as Primo Courscanti Construction was now spanned across the galaxy doing more than just building ships. "We'll certainly be able to leverage the Rothana name among pro-imperialist factions within the surrounding systems." She added as they walked through the corridor of the empty facility. They had crossed the lobby without issue and were now checking room by room as other teams swept through other parts of Rothana Engineering.
"Failure is part of learning, Arthur." Fiolette informed with a softer tone, "without it, we'll never truly learn. Don't be afraid of failure, be afraid of never having learned from it. Those who do not learn, repeat their mistake never knowing or realizing that they were holding themselves back." Unfortunately, the perfectionist trait was indeed a Fortan trait and one that also left them to be insufferable, arrogant, and at times haughty folk who need only hubris to bring them down. She didn't want Arthur to fall into that trap.
She could hear that tone in Arthur's voice as he spoke, and it made for a little bit of laughter, "not entirely sure governments give out medals for taking over corporations." Arthur's mother Victryana may have spoken of the family company fondly, but Fiolette hoped that Arthur would want to do more than simply tag along. Ryssa and Fio agreed that they needed a more permanent presence in Confederacy space and that he would be the perfect person to do so. Of course, the nepotism that that sort of decision created wasn't lost on either of them. Not that it hindered their decision in any way.

Valessia Brentioch

V
BYOO.png
In times like these, the real Valessia needed to slip through. She sighed softly with understanding, her shoulders relaxed and she reached out to her daughter. She placed a hand along Alessandra's forearm, reassuring her that it would all work out. "It's okay to miss him, and to hate that you do, but Alessandra no matter how tough life is, know that you are too. You need to let go and move forward, forgive yourself and let yourself mourn the relationship." Valessia paused momentarily as staff brought up their meal, a simple meal, soup, sandwich, and a side salad.
Commentary on the state of the galaxy was perhaps easier to approach. "The galaxy has always been a mad, mad place, my dear."
"But it is you who decides how you move through it, do you chose the steady course or turn and approach rapid waters."
"Then there are times where it feels the waters turn against you, and again, do you fight the rising tide or do you let it push you somewhere you don't want to go?"
She left the question to hang in the air as she set their cutlery down from the tray. "These are things that only you can decide Alessandra, what you cannot decide is what the galaxy does. I understand your position with the Confederacy might make it seem otherwise, but only you can decide what's best for you."
"You must have the serenity to accept the things that you cannot change, the courage to change what you can, and have the wisdom to understand the difference." Valessia looked at Alessandra and wished at that moment she could take away all the pain, grief, and anger that her daughter experienced. "I hope some of what I've said has helped you today."

Justice.png
lunara-temp.png

Thunder clouds gathered on the woman’s brow, a storm swirling in the depths of her crystal blue eyes. Each step left frost-riven cracks in the ground, a trail following her, whisps of cold air curling from the tails as it vanished under the warmth of the sun over head.

If only her anger was as ephemeral, as easily melted away, would disappear like ice in the sun, leaving behind no trace that it existed. Instead, the anger that possessed her wound around her like dark chains, defying the sunlight and the claims the Knights made to justice. Mercy and kindness were for others, for those who didn’t make it their lives work to leave homes and planets torn asunder, to leave a legacy of tears and families left bleeding and burning in their wake. All in the name of profit, in the name of a few credits.

“I promise not to torture anyone if they don’t force me to.”

If they didn’t accede to her politely worded request for information, well then, that was different. They’d play ball one way or the other, there was no doubt of that in the woman’s mind, all that was in question was how much of their guest would remain before he gave up the secrets that she wanted to know.

One way or the other, she would have the truth of the matter.

A single delicate hand lifted, tilting towards the slavers position as she reached out for a moment through the force. She hadn’t come to battle with a lightsaber, with a heavy weapon or powerful armour. She didn’t need one to deal with them, the force was all she needed. She’d craft a weapon out of the energy, she’d craft armour, it had always responded to her requests and she was done asking.

There were people there, shadows, murders and worse, the scum of the galaxy gathered in one place and she wasn’t about to let them escape. She could hear the hum of the lightsabers as Gerwald and Dreidi tor into the opposition, the flimsy barriers they’d constructed as nothing in front of the power of the two knights backed by the force. She wasn’t going to go crashing through the barricades though, she leave that to the Wolf. No, she had something else in mind.

The elfin blonde clenched her fist, drawing on the force and wielding it like a hammer, throwing it at the barricades through them. There was no physical stimulus but as the Knights rushed ahead the barriers in their way exploded into a hail of shrapnel, splinters slicing at the slavers armour and flesh, distracting them from the ‘justice’ heading their way as the woman slowly closed in behind her compatriots.

“Would you be a dear and cut your way through to that building there Xeraic? I think you’ll find their commander in there and…he and I need to have a little conversation now.”
FTCaG1.png

BYOO

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Kahne inquired as he had his back to the wall glancing over to the soldier. The Jedi Master had been planet side for a while attempted to establish a foothold with some of the Obisidian Knights. While he wasn't a member of their group, this cause was enough for him to team up with them and offer his help as much as he could. A base of operations was makeshift created to establish a place to strike out from. Their were slaves being corralled by the hundreds it seemed. These pirates wouldn't let up, and while they were able to rescue most of them, there were many that were deeper into the warehouses and buildings where there were being held hostage and threatening their lives.

"Give it a few minutes, lets see what intel the recon droids are able to give us."

The Jedi didn't want to act our rashly at least not yet. There were others knights that were dealing with similar situations across the planet. Each had their own tactics when it came to this. And for now, scouting was necessary. Give it a few more minutes, brute force would be reserved until the very last moment.

Liberty.png

Tags: Athena Athena
purpbliss.png

Eh?

An additional voice to her inner thoughts caught her off guard. She'd separated from the other Obsidians in a hopes to prove her own worth. No, that's a lie. She just didn't want to get in the way. As a Sith she'd always ended up fighting by herself, or with one or two others she trusted. But never as a unit. Her time working with infantry was a distant memory, even if her stance still showed experience. Muscle memory was never easily lost.

Glowing eyes under the hood studied the woman beside her. No, not a woman. There was no scent of blood. A droid? Or something else, though the responses Athena gave pushed it more towards the droid category. "They're gathered in the center. Two by each door." Well, those of flesh at least. Her own HUD had been shut down in favor of her own senses.

Maybe she shouldn't of, if there are droids inside too.

"You uh.. Have a plan?"

wrappingpaper.png
Tags:
Valessia Brentioch

Ah, there she was. Her mother.

When the hand of the dark-haired woman landed on her arm, she could feel a distant sense of relief. Valessia said it would be all right. Alessandra, more than anything, wanted to believe her. She still didn’t understand how things had gone so wrong so fast. How her son, her only child, was all but lost to her. It was for the best. She couldn’t give him a kingdom. She couldn’t give him a crown.

Her presence jeopardized his right to rule. The new Queen wouldn’t have it. She barely tolerated anything from her predecessor. Certainly, not a motherless prince. The few visits…The few holo-calls… The absolute silence from the force bond she had maintained with her husband for years...

She felt as if something had hollowed her out. It was devastation. It was Coruscant burning. Ryloth dying. Yet—It was all contained, small, where no one knew. Her world had ended. How did people move through this? How did they move on? How did they keep going? Alessandra closed her eyes for a moment and reached out to touch her mother’s hand. She wanted to fling herself into the taller woman and let it all out. Cry, until there was nothing left.

But she wouldn’t. She was a Creed. Not some gormless fethwit.

“I’m trying.”, she murmured when the light meal arrived. “It’s just…A work in progress.”

A sardonic laugh escaped her at the comment about the galaxy being mad. Yes, Valessia was right. It had always been full of small-minded people, specifically, small minded men that felt the need to dominate everything in their path regardless of the cost. “I’m well aware that being the little banker of half-sith droid sycophants doesn’t warrant a way to fix the entirety of the galaxy…”

“There are days when I can barely untangle whatever travesty the military left behind. Bad deals, predatory loans…It just feels worse as of late.”

Alessandra wished that she could hold the “serenity” to accept that which she couldn’t change. She just didn’t have that capacity. She went to work, the one thing she enjoyed, and went home to the other thing she enjoyed. Either a holo-call with her sister. Or her dog. Or…Sometimes, a friend. Kyyrk Kyyrk had come to visit, perhaps, against his will. His company wasn’t unenjoyable, though, she wasn’t willing to bring it up before her mother yet. Not so soon.

Her expression softened when Valessia spoke next. A napkin in her lap, she picked up the soup spoon, and stared at it for a moment. She always started with soup. “You help.”

“Just by being here. You help.”

It was…Perhaps the softest her daughter could sound. Working so long among jackals and wolves had hardened her in more ways than one. Losing her marriage, her life, had been the nail in that coffin. Alessandra was only just learning how to live again. Step by step.

It was a long road.

“How are you, mother?”

BYOO.png

“I’d imagine not, but think about if they did. Oh, maybe not a medal, but some form of recognition to the companies that support them, that make up the backbone of their economy.”

The young man waved a hand out of the window, gesturing up at space, at the ships that had brought them here, the infinite boundaries that had led them to get here, that would lead them on from this place.

“They’ll pay us for the use of the shipyards, and be glad to because they know we’re a name that they can trust. As well they should. But, there comes a point where money is just a form of keeping score. How many of the major galactic corporations, of our competitors, really need the contracts that badly? We want them but something else, a tangible form of recognition, of saying ‘we see what you do and we appreciate you’ what effect would that have? How much more closely could that tie nations and people. It’s like…at school they give out prizes, everyone can get As, after a while it’s expected, but being called onto stage to receive a cup or shield means something more cause it’s something you can hold in your hands…and before you ask, I’m not still sore that James Storline managed to make my perfect record either.”

A wry smile tugged up the corner of Arthur’s lips as he spoke, hands moving in animated gestures to help get his point across to his grandmother.

His grandmother.

The boy had grown up on stories of Fiolette Fortan, on the recollections of his mother and the news stories that carried the tales of her exploits across the galaxy. She’d visited sometimes, he’d been to see her sometimes but…there had always been that invisible barrier, he’d never gotten a chance to get to know her, not as anything more than this overwhelming figure. He could still remember a time when he was about 5, clutching at his mother’s skirts as she’d come to visit, that he’d toddled forward to shake her hand. This was the grandmother he’d heard about, he’d wanted to run forward to wrap his little arms around her legs, but he’d been scared, overawed.

That wall didn’t seem to be able to stand up to the true personality of the woman, melting like ice under the Tatooine suns.

“I know, failure isn’t something I should be running away from, that I need to learn from my mistakes to do better but…”

A hand came up to run through his hair, leaving it looking a little bedraggled as he tried to frame his thoughts in a way that made sense.

“It’s easy for me to say that, parroting the words that everyone else always says, that they want me to believe. But, I don’t want to fail, to let anyone down. I…don’t know if I could take it. I can take an employer, a stranger being disappointed, but to see that in the eyes of those I care about, to hear it in their voice. That would break me in ways I didn’t know would be possible. So, I can’t…I’m not strong enough to fail.”

A sad smile curled up the young man’s lips as he took a deep breath.

“It’s funny isn’t it? Everyone thinks the best are the strongest but that’s not really true. I have to win because I’m not strong enough to fail.”

Fiolette Fortan

Human Replicant Droid

BarNeon.png

R O T H A N A

Equipment: Armor | Allfate Rifle
Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

If Athena realized that she had surprised her fellow Knight Obsidian the HRD Unit didn’t let on. Instead, emerald eyes flared from behind her hood as she began to slice her way into the minimal security the building had. She required more. More intel, more data. She could see the painted targets that were holding other sentient beings against their will. Indeed—In the center. “…They are frightened.”

It was a statement. Not a question, nor an assumption.

The amygdala responded like an alarming bell, a glutamate warning, to such frail organic forms. It alerted the hypothalamus who in turn sent a message to adrenal glands that provided a burst of adrenaline. It was an active hormone that she could measure. A chain reaction, a trigger in the autonomic nervous system, that she could see. Their hearts were racing, blood pumping, while fight or flight set in. “The hostages anticipate harm. The suspects anticipate imminent breach.”

Another moment passed while the automaton ran a thousand scenarios.

Few held a lack of casualties.

“The egress points are covered, thoroughly. They expect us to come through one of the ground-level portals, but they don’t have any coverage of the maintenance hatch from the roof. If we move swiftly, we can try and disable the enemy.”, Athena intoned, briefly, before holstering her rifle behind her for the moment. She could need her hands, momentarily. “They have a 14% chance of spotting us before we can subdue the gunmen. But, the hostages have an 87% chance of expiration should we attack directly.”

“The odds are in our favor.”

Athena didn’t relish any directive that involved hurting anyone, however, her programming could not come to acceptable terms about leaving innocents in harm's way. It was a conflict.

She had to choose. Save one, break the other.

The HRD Unit charged forward, a blur of hexagonal shapes, and powerful appendages caused her to duck down before pressing herself into the air. The automaton landed neatly, quietly, on an unmonitored section of the roof and Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru would find a rappelling rope drop-down not seconds later. Obviously, an invitation and a way forward.

If her fellow Knight needed the leverage.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"If they did then the weight of the medals I bore as an Admiral would be twice as heavy," she responded to Arthur's comments on if governments did give out medals for takeovers. Primo Victorian made their coin from the First Order, during Seiger Ren's reign - and then again when they attempted a resurgence this time it was in the form of taxes. Primo Victorian Enterprises had made hefty investments in the rebuilding of several cities. Their return was given back to them through taxes that most of the cities still paid in return for the company's aid. "No one operates on the honor of a contract these days, Arthur."
She was annoyed with that very thought, "these days most companies simply claim that they are what they are without any valid proof. No work, their mediocrity isn't lost on anyone government either." Primo Victorian teams swept through the area and Fiolette raised her hand to halt those behind her. They were nearly out of the area when she had spotted something moving against the shadows. Her hand tightened its grip on the blaster. A single finger to her lips to indicate silence, a count of three on her fingers and she moved around the corner in a swift motion. Blaster raised level with a security droid that didn't get the chance to fire. "Someone's still here, that droid didn't come around on its own."
"Contact center back," Fio reported on comms, other teams reported in with other droids coming from the security building at the rear of the compound.
"Failure isn't so much a test of strength as it is a test of will," she commented her blaster rifle let off two more shots toward security droids. "I'll remind you to never be afraid to ask for help either. A lesson that took me too long to learn, and not one I'd like my family to repeat." Asking for help was perhaps one of the hardest things Fortans had to learn. They were a proud lot and not keen on letting others help them, "Three more, your ten, Arthur."

Valessia Brentioch

V
"Well." Valessia paused as she took a sip of her drink. "Just because you manage the finances of a nation, doesn't entirely mean you are without means to fix things, however; I fear your nation might frown upon the chosen methods to do so." She gave her daughter a knowing smile and turned to her lunch. She continued to listen to Alessandra in earnest, Savidicus remained quiet allowing the true Valessia to speak, at least for the time being.
Valessia sat back in her seat and observed her daughter a moment, "you are allowed to simultaneously be a work in progress, and a masterpiece, my dear." A soft smile followed one the woman traditionally reserved for her family. "I am well." A plain answer given matter-of-factly her concerns were still for her daughter's wellbeing. "I'll suggest, and don't take this the wrong way - that you take a much-needed vacation." A brief pause as she waited a moment before finishing the thought, "on your own, take some time for self-reflection."
"I know I had to do so on a number of occasions, especially before marrying your father."
After several moments had passed, Valessia elaborated, "he wasn't necessarily someone who I had initially thought to be... " The Brentaalan thought on how to phrase what she wanted to say. "He wasn't who I had envisioned myself with when it came to settling down and starting a family. I had to take time to myself to think about what I wanted and who I wanted it with."
"And you too are in a position where you must decide for yourself what you will do, and how you will accomplish it. These things cannot be decided while working, no, you must take time for yourself and find those answers."

ROTHANA ORBIT - BYOO

Aboard the Sentinel...

Rhand had left a bad taste in the Mandalorian's mouth. Enough so that pride was momentarily set aside. Though the "powers" that be had cost him a throne, there was still responsibility beating within his chest.

After all, what father turned his back due to his child's tantrums?

So it was that a single capital vessel descended from Hyperspace within proximity of Rothana. According to his limited intel, a Southern operation had begun. There was one who would know more than he on the matter. One that he had been attempting to grow closer to, even before his second Fall.

"Rann." he began, turning his head. Isley was seated upon the vessel's command throne - and to his right was his son. The alabaster Rann Thress.

It boggled many minds how someone so dark could father one so light.

"What's the situation below?"

HYPERSPACE - BYOO

Training had been slow going.
With as many operations handed down to the Knight, he had been hard pressed to properly instruct his apprentices.​
Even now, the first of his students - Illyria - was torn away from tutelage due to her own obligations on Naboo. This left Abel and Luna within his vessel en route to another sortie. They yet had some time before arrival, and so the tired man rose from the captain's seat. His knuckle gingerly tapped the top of Luna's ashen locks as he strode past. "C'mere, let me learn you something." With each word more groggy than the next, Abel paused only to grab a bottle of water from the wall's cooling panel.​
He then reseated himself in the vessel's common area, motioning for her to stand before him.​
"Ever heard of 'Grounding'?"

mJo1eUW.png

Dozing off had been unexpected, but the lull of Abel’s ship and restless nights left Luna giving into the temptress of sleep and voices in her read. "C'mere, let me learn you something." The deep, black void had been interrupted by the touch against the top of her head only causing her to try to swat away whatever had made contact. Illyria hadn't been around to scold Luna about her feet up against the console panel which now landed heftily against the floor of the ship.

"I’m coming, I’m coming.” Giving a hefty sigh and lifting herself out of the co-pilot's chair, Luna gave a large yawn as she followed Able dutifully. “Grounding? Sounds like it can be fun if applied... properly.” Giving a sleepy grin, she leaned against the cold metal wall watching him for a moment. “But I’m going to guess you’re about to teach me.”

•••

Tag: Abel Denko Abel Denko

Last edited:
HYPERSPACE - BYOO

A low chuckle escaped him.

When it came to his apprentices, Luna and Illyria were as night and day. The latter was the epitome of professionalism, poise, and tact. She was reared by the noble courts of Naboo and it showed in everything she did. Conversely, Luna was similar to Abel in upbringing. The streets had been her home. Snark was her native tongue. Abel adored both of his students equally, of course - Illyria for her sense of duty and Luna for her uncanny ability to bring a grin to his face.

This was one such moment.

"The grounding I have in mind can be fun, if you're facing off against a telekinetic." came his reply. "Basically, grounding is a tactic that allows you to stay rooted in one spot. No matter how loud the wind's howling, you'll be a mountain that won't bow."

"Sound fun?"

fk3Y7qL.png

Luna gave the tiniest of frowns as her eyes searched Abel’s handsome features. Perhaps keeping her inner turmoil as of late to herself had been a grave mistake. He was relying on her to be strong and firm in all aspects in training when it had been taking everything she had not to fall apart on a daily. But she gave an equally small sigh and nodded. “Alright.”

It was confirmation for him that she would take to heart whatever he was ready to share. Even if she wasn’t sure herself that it was something she cared to do. “But if I do this right, there better be something at the end of it, for me other than ‘more knowledge.’” Despite the heftiness she felt, she wasn’t going to waste an opportunity to be cheeky. A wink was tacked onto her words before standing upright.

“I still prefer my fists above all, but I'm learning that's not going to bode well against the Force."

•••
Abel Denko Abel Denko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom