Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Vive la Revolution: CIS Dominion of Rothana

HYPERSPACE - BYOO

The sigh caught him offguard.

Luna was not the type who would ascend to a Jedi Knight. She would not wield the Force and saber in the name of righteousness, ditch her comfortable clothes for Robes, and become holier than thou. But if there were tools to be offered to increase her chances of survival, she usually took them. She was the sort to never shy away from a better blaster, a shaper knife, or a tip. So this response caused Abel's eyebrow to raise.

She would accept what he had to say, as evidenced by her words, but the reaction was much louder than anything she said. "If you do this right, you could stand in a hurricane unphased." he began, pausing to open his water bottle.

He then stopped, exhaled, and met her gaze.

"What's up?"

Now there was as louded question as any.

ROTHANA ORBIT - BYOO

There haven’t been many occasions that Rann and his father were together, working towards the same goal, and since his retirement Rann had figured he’d never see Isley in such a position again. He figured he’d only ever find the once Darth Metus on a beach somewhere, relaxing, and that the only thing Rann would try to accomplish in his presence would be relaxing nearby, trying desperately to force the Sun to match Rann’s skintone to his Father’s, since apparently he was CLEAR
“What? Oh.” He said, startled.

“I’ll be honest, dad. If I was supposed to be monitoring the situation, I failed. I haven’t heard any screams over the radio, so I imagine it’s going well.”

Darth Metus Darth Metus

ROTHANA ORBIT - BYOO

Dad.

Isley had been hunting for that word for decades. Attempts had been made without ceasing to make up for lost time. To be a better sire than the one he had been given. Was he perfect? Far from it. But he tried. In this moment, it seemed as though things were...marginally better. Perhaps without the burden of a "crown" upon his brow, he could finally be what he wanted to be. Dad.

"Eh, don't beat yourself up over it. No screams is definitely a good sign."

He then motioned for the helmsman to hail the surface command. More specifically, to inquire if and where assistance was needed.

"What have you been up to lately?"

There was the question of the hour. What all had the Son been up to since the Fall of the Father?

fk3Y7qL.png

“Hurricanes are the least of my worry right now.” Crossing her arms against her chest, Luna cleared her throat and looked away. The sigh had been a mistake- an outward sign that while she was in the moment, her mind was elsewhere. Abel always had a read on her. And even now, despite hiding it for so long, he finally caught it.

“I had some pretty fracked up news come through a while back.” She shrugged as if it was not as big of a deal as it actually was. “I know I haven’t been overly forthcoming about my past.” Her sigh was a bit deeper now but she did her best to give Abel the short version of it. There would be, no doubt questions for her later but at least it’d give him enough so he could teach her what she needed to know in the present.

“The man who raised me- I’ll spare you the hard stuff but I spent the better part of my being brutally conditioned by in him and his men in all sense of the words- got me addicted to pain tabs... He’s supposed to be dead but he’s not and he’s contacted me making it very clear that they have ‘special plans for me.” There was something about honesty. Everyone always said it felt better to get it out when in reality, it never did. She didn’t bother telling him about the voices and she didn’t even want to acknowledge what she had just shared. she gave a tiny dismissive sniff and ran her fingers through her ashen hair. “Anyway, hurricane training sounds more relaxing than all that. I can’t promise I’ll be good at it but there’s never a better time to learn than now.”

•••
Abel Denko Abel Denko

“I blew up my house.” He blurred out, nonchalantly while looking at consoles. As soon as he said it, he paused, blinked once, then looked up and over at his father.

“I uh…”

he pursed his lips together in the signature smile of his porcelainity.

“Yeah screw it. ‘Member when you stepped down? People thought I should step down too. And I took exception to that. Then before you knew it my building blew up.” He shrugged.

“What about you? I figured you’d be on a beach sipping alcohol with your feet in the sand and Elyria brooding nearby.”

Darth Metus Darth Metus

The little he knew was terrible.

For as long as Abel knew his young apprentice, her sleep had been plagued. On days where she forgot - or couldn't - access her "sleep aides", she would toss and turn. Fear dominated her rest. The Darkness lived in her bed chambers. Abel never pried, for he knew she would speak of her struggle when she was ready. He did not realize that her mind had been occupied with this particular circle of Hell.

Her owns folded, defensively. Her words sparked an inferno in his stomach.

The Knight rose from his seat and crossed the distance between them in a single step. His arms ensnared her form. "They can't have you." His words were angry. Protective. This was his student and he'd raise hell in her defense. "I know...you've had sleep taken from you for months now. I can only assume it's because of him."

He huffed. "This is all I will ask on the matter, and if you cannot - or will not - I understand."

"If you were to return to him today, where would you go?" Intent was wormed behind the question. Where is that bastard was the true inquiry.

I blew up my house.

The nonchalant tone caught the Mandalorian offguard, causing him to whip about in his seat. Disbelief and amusement played upon his expression. "You what?"

He then listened to his son's plight. That the people of Rannon wanted to remove his son just as the Viceroyalty had removed him. Perhaps he should have causally destroyed the Chambers on his way out. But beyond that...his son had lost because of him.

"I'm glad you're unharmed." he said finally. "I'm...sorry that you went through that because of me."

Setting his gaze forward, he chuckled at Rann's thoughts of his retirement.

"That's certainly not far from the truth. I did kick my feet up for a little while, then returned to the corporate world. Was going to just work on the company until Rhand happened. Couldn't ignore Srina when she called."

He smiled lightly. "Funny how that works, huh."

Rann shrugged. It was awhile ago now, he had forgiven himself for his actions, and was working to repent through good works.

“It’s not your fault. People are going to do what they want. I probably could have handled it better. But…I’m working on that.”

He leaned back in his chair and threw his arms over his head, cradling it.

“I’m not surprised. Srina Talon Srina Talon gets what she wants. From everyone. Hell, I’d worry for your safety if you ignored her call no matter how comfy you were. But I didn’t know you were on Rhand. That whole… what a mess.”

he smiled at his father,

“It is nice to see you out and about. I’ve almost gotten used to not being asked if you’re my actual dad or not.”

Darth Metus Darth Metus

fk3Y7qL.png

Luna dug her fingers into the palms of her hands as Abel spoke. She only could nod as he acknowledge her lack of sleep, addiction and peace, and the sinking feeling in her gut only grew as he prodded for a possible location.

“I...Don’t know.” she admitted finally looking across at him- her emerald orbs locking onto his. “I do have this, though.” She fished out of her pocket a small holorecorder before handing it over. If he were to watch it, it would simply show a fellow ally of hers being slaughtered by a faceless man who taunted her as he did so. “This is all I have. I tried getting some sort of location ping from it but that’s all I know. He’s hiding. Waiting. And when he’s ready only then will any of us be able to find him."

•••
Abel Denko Abel Denko

The Knight took the holorecorder into his hand.

He viewed the recording thusly, watching in furious quiet as the brutal scene played out before his gaze. Abel scoured the footage for anything he could recognize, but they were clever. There was nothing he could see, outside of the death and the dark one cutting down her ally. Abel's fist closed around the device. "He forgot one thing." came his seething reply.

"He can blot out his face, but he can't hide from the Force." His gaze met hers again.

"I'll find him. And I'll kill him myself."

fk3Y7qL.png

There wasn’t a time when Luna could actually remember that she had seen Abel as angry as he was in the moment. There were little to no beings in the Galaxy that knew about her past and she had always imagined, much like her father, that no one would believe her and simply dismiss her. Years of conditioning did that to a person. “I intend on having my face be the last thing he sees, I’ll tell you that when the time comes.”

Her expression grew dark as she finally released her fingers that had been embedded in the palm of her hands. “I already tried ones and the fracker somehow survived.” Luna placed a hand against his chest and gave a tired look. "And I don’t want anything to happen to you- It’s not just one man. It’s his own personal army.”

•••
Abel Denko Abel Denko

wrappingpaper.png
Tags:
Valessia Brentioch

She wasn’t wrong. Then again, Valessia was rarely wrong in regards to what was fact.

It was her moral compass that Alessandra, against her will, questioned. She had to. Her parents had raised her to ask questions. To see things. Even their own misdeeds, despite, familial loyalty. The dark-haired woman sighed softly. Her capacity was limited. Was it wrong that she liked being relatively small in a nation full of giants? Was it wrong that she didn’t mind that most wouldn’t be able to pick her out of the crowd? Especially, with the Malvern name rescinded?

“Even if less than kosher methods were capable of repairing the damage—I don’t think I’m the right person to make that call. I count credits…Not bodies.”

Alessandra began to nibble on the meal in earnest. Mostly, because she was collecting her thoughts. She knew that she didn’t need to pretend before Valessia. She didn’t have to keep up the guise of the Minister of Commerce in front of her because she would always be, first and foremost, her child. A mother knew their daughter. Valessia knew her. The careful compliment passed across the modest table caused a small half-smile to touch the kiss of her mouth for a second. Lopsided. Inelegant—But real. “Only you would call me a masterpiece, mother.”

Valessia let her have a careful moment of thinking she’d turned the conversation elsewhere before it came full circle once more. Foiled, of course. Though, once again she had a point. “The last time I took a vacation I crash-landed on a backwater planet, almost died, got married, pregnant.”

Not necessarily in that order. The point was that it had been half a decade since then. At least. Alessandra found another smile making its way onto her face at the mention of her father. She missed him. Both of them. Moving away from Brentaal IV had been one of the hardest decisions she’d ever made but it was the only way to branch out on her own. To be strong, on her own. To make her own name so she could prove to her parents that she was worth every bit of trouble she ever put them through. She reached up to brush her hair behind her ear and glanced down at the cloth napkin in her lap. “Maybe you’re right. I feel as if I can’t breathe, at times. If I make one error, leave one thing to chance, an entire system could starve. The Viceroyalty would have my head.”

“Some time off really sounds…”

Good. Nice, even.

There was also another thing on her mind. Someone, on her mind. She had been a little preoccupied with personal matters as of late. Though, calling it personal was a stretch. “..Is it normal to feel…”

“Guilty?”

An odd question—Without context. Alessandra realized it and began to chew on the inside of the bottom of her lip before remembering that it was a terrible habit. A soft sigh followed by a sip of tea pulled her back to focus. “For trying to…Live?”

After everything had fallen apart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom