Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Villain Takes Over As The New Default

Sorry man, I'm not continuing work on the old themes. You don't have to worry about them going anywhere for the time being though, but this is definitely your heads up - they will be going away in the future. We're talking months down the road, though.

Alright, well certainly thanks for the heads up. This way people can get used to the inevitable new layout, instead of being thrown in to the deep end. :p I trust your judgement on how to make things work best- you' obviously know what you're doing, as youv'e done an excellent job thus far. :D [member="Tefoch"]

Veliz Fett

V
The new theme gives me a headache, I really liked the old layout. It's just really bright for me, but I guess ill have to adapt :/.

I switched the default background to one of the darker backgrounds for the Villain theme due to "brightness" concerns.

You guys can press the paintbrush in the top right to select one of several background options if one is too bright/nauseating for you, and more backgrounds will be added down the road.

Well I can't quote properly but yeah I agree with the comments on headaches and nausea earlier. Like it seriously made me sick with the amount of changes. Like I've been through other site's having changes but there is a huge amount of change between the current Heroes or Villains for example and the New Villain site skins. The size of the width and the darkness of the boxes and layout shape in general is all very disorienting like I said before. And yeah since I've been through other site changes before elsewhere and not gotten headaches or stomach sick.

If I had to say it more specifically I think its the shrinking of the boxes and the intense brightening of their default that got me first. It made just looking at the page very difficult without feeling my eyes hurt and starting to get sick. I personally swap between the current themes also so its not like its because I'm singlemindedly attached to just one theme I don't want to go either.

I guess would there be any way to just leave the old themes up? At least 1 or 2? They've been operating now and apparently they work enough you're saying they'll be here for a few more months so its not like you're saying they're unsupportable.

I have used the theme for quite a long time now and looking at the old ones is just incredibly strange. These strange emotional changes and not liking are caused by the fact that you are not used to the change yet, just like I was when I first started using this theme. But to be honest, this is a lot better than the other themes. It's faster (I don't know if it does make sense), it is easier to use, a lot easier to personalise, more modern-looking. My concerns would be that not all backgrounds are quite good - a few of them are blurry and a bit odd, but otherwise, I really love that theme. And have always loved.

I'm glad it is now the default theme. Oh, and the "new posts"-"No new posts" thingies you brought over from the previous themes are just wonderful, make this theme even a lot better.

At first I was angry about it because it was different, but we've since settled our differences.

The new theme has grown on me in the half hour it has taken from me to get used to it. :)

I have loved this theme since it was introduced - the major point for me was that it was not the IP.Board default (ghastly white) and all my moderation options work on it. Plus, yes, I do find it is faster and has none of the problems I experienced with the other themes. The only part that really took getting used to for me was the moving of my account stuff to the left when it used to be on the right and has been on the right on every single RP site I've ever been on - but it's like Fatty said: got used to it within a half-hour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom