Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular Star Wars Opinions

Sten Kvall said:
I mean, the fact that Jar Jar was able to become a Senator in the first place... was the Republic even worth saving?
*Points to US Senate*

The worst thing, the absolute worst thing to come from EU is Sith Magic... in its entirety.
Also I hate Mon Mothma. She was a controlling "Elected" Chief of State who had honorable Imperial Officers hunted down and named enemies and let a Genocidal Teenager off with a warning after that teenager destroyed an inhabited planet, because "Meh the were just Imperial Innocent women and children" and showed special treatment for Jedi at every turn. She is the definition of corrupt. (I am talking about Kyp Durron)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Unpopular Opinion: Sith Lighting/Emerald Lightning/Electric Judgement is uber lame.

The lightning thing was supposed to make Palpatine appear to be this ultimate wizarding monster. How can you stop a man who can zap you like a microwave without getting tired? It was great. Luke was helpless against it. But now? Now it's used by every Sith Padawan and Lordly Lord ever. Cookie cutter in effect and boring to witness. Talk about zero imagination. Even some Jedi have used it throughout the books. Yoda don't even care. Lol-What!? Vader's choking people is more Sith these days than lightning is.

I miss the days when FU vs FU was a battle of imagination rather than a duel/combo breaker of standardized video game button-mashing. But the massive emphasis of 'Canon Only' tripe has made the Force a lunch menu rather than a tidal-wave of magic. :(

Does no one else see the pattern...

All of the Rebel Political Leaders from 0 ABY to 46 ABY were awful. Corrupt and bad at their job. The New Republic and Galactic Alliance didn't have a properly function Head of State, for 50 years. The Imperial Remnant was a well oiled machine until they joined the Galactic Alliance.

Greatest Character in the EU: Gilad Pellaeon
Second Greatest: Corran Horn.

Why Pellaeon was a dude. Thats it. Just a guy with years of wisdom and experience brandished as an effective weapon by a good man.

Corran Horn. He was the exception to the rule at the time. He was a Jedi that knew what Dark was better than Luke ever could, even after Luke had fallen. Luke didn't really live with his darkness, Corran did, and was a darn good man, and good Jedi because of it.

Third Greatest was Kyle Katarn. In Katarn we Trust. Fear the Beard. Hail the great and glorious Bryar Pistol. May it always bring swift and terrible judgment to his foes.

Serana Treytla said:
There's too much focus on Jedi doing mad flips and poodoo and not enough focus on the average person in the galaxy struggling to survive under the weight of the empire.

But then again I've always wanted someone to remake the entire of saving private Ryan (including the gore and visual grimness from that beach scene), but set in either the SWTOR era (specifically the part before the game when the empire rolls in to ruin everyones day), or in the part of the original trilogy where the rebels finally start to fight back properly. Maybe to keep it more star wars, one or two Jedi/Sith (could replace tom hanks' character with a Jedi helping on the frontlines? Idk) so we can have that inevitable light side dark side showdown that we've come to expect, but yeah. Defeats the purpose of star wars being nicey nicey for the younglings, but it'd make for one hell of a savage movie, and really drill home the "wars" part.
This is what I wanted the "Rebels" series to be about. Instead they gave us another kid and glorify him a s jedi savior starting up the Rebellion.

Kinda ticked me off since I didn't like the introduce a new kid angle with Ashoka too much either, but at least with the Jedi Order around it wasn't too bad. Not gonna lie I keep watching Rebels only cuz I hope for more real Rebel focus, like say wth Bail Organa and Mon Mothma are up to, and less the brat and the ragtag group. . . . . .

Also super late and haven;t read everything.

Liked Episode One, didn';t hate JarJar as much as the Ewoks. Think Episode One never shoulda have existed still because storywise it was pointless. We never needed to see Anakin be found, just his turn to the Darkside. Start with Episode II and put a new movie between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith and the prequels might have had a better plot.

I still totally loved Qui-Gon and the battle droids and the travel of episode one still.

My problem with Episode 2 is that the romance was horrible and thats it. Jango was awesome, the Clones were awesome, and Obi-Wan was awesome. If Anakin and Padme were better written it woulda been better.

Episode 3 is the worst prequel in my opinion.

Dooku was a let down, he died in the first 5 minutes and it was bad. . . .Grevious was a HUGE letdown. Chase scene was cool but really, guy whose killed enough Jedi to fill his belt loses in a lightsaber battle with Obi-Wan in 3 seconds. . . . .And Anakin vs Obi-Wan was horrible choreographed. Go rewatch it, all the bad kicks. . .the worst kicks. . . .worst acted fight in the prequels. And Anakin's turn to the Darkside was super sudden and ill done, I blame how poorly it was setup, but then they rushed it in one movie rather than explain it over the trilogy, which ties into my belief they needed Attack of the Clones to be Episode 1 and another movie in between it and Revenge of the Sith.

Draco Vereen said:
*Points to US Senate*
9ac577cd534a1c3a94acc9755dd008b3.jpg
Getting back on track, unpopular Star Wars opinions...

• I actually liked Jar Jar
  • The prequels were good movies. Of course, they weren't all equally good (I'm talking to you, Attack of the Clones)
  • Vong are meh
  • A Star Wars/Star Trek crossover would be interesting

1. The Phantom Menace - This is the lightest entry in the whole series, and kids love it. For what it is, it is fine. For what people wanted it to be, it was woeful inadequate. That being said, it cannot be what everyone wanted, but it can be what it is.

2. Ewoks are important - Return of the Jedi would have been an intensely dark film had it not been for the Ewoks. It also gave Luke an opportunity to show that he had grown to appreciate the smaller things (ie Yoda) and the power that they might have.

3. Return of the Jedi makes Empire better - Empire is clearly the best film, but without the scenes between Vader, Luke and the Emperor in our heads, Empire would not be as good.

4. Return's Jedi ending is better than Empire's - Vader vs Luke is powerful in Empire for the fact that Luke realizes how much he still had to learn, the hard way, and of course for the bombshell reveal. Return has no reveals, not to the audience at least (only to Vader), but it manages emotion that is deeper and more meaningful than the end of Empire.

5. Vader is not really developed until Return - Watch IV and V of the OT and Vader is mostly a monster. There is a little development within the healing chamber for Vader, but we fill in what he is doing there based on external novel sources. Return has the most character development for him ("It is too late for me, son.")

6. Han Solo should have died on Endor.

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Jay Scott Clark said:
Unpopular Opinion: Sith Lighting/Emerald Lightning/Electric Judgement is uber lame.

The lightning thing was supposed to make Palpatine appear to be this ultimate wizarding monster. How can you stop a man who can zap you like a microwave without getting tired? It was great. Luke was helpless against it. But now? Now it's used by every Sith Padawan and Lordly Lord ever. Cookie cutter in effect and boring to witness. Talk about zero imagination. Even some Jedi have used it throughout the books. Yoda don't even care. Lol-What!? Vader's choking people is more Sith these days than lightning is.

I miss the days when FU vs FU was a battle of imagination rather than a duel/combo breaker of standardized video game button-mashing. But the massive emphasis of 'Canon Only' tripe has made the Force a lunch menu rather than a tidal-wave of magic. :(
Pretty common complaint actually. And indeed pretty lame.

I always saw the lightning as just one of Palpatine's many abilities being a God-like Force user, used specifically to torture Luke. I figured that if he wanted to, he could simply just crush Luke's chest cavity with the Force and be done with it, but his game plan was humiliation. He wanted to emasculate Luke in front of his father for rejecting the Dark Side. But of course later writers (and George Lucas himself) missed this very important plot context, and simply turned it into Force Lightning(TM), the ability every Sith learns when they reach Level 20 with enough Dark Side Experience Points!

Draco Vereen said:
All of the Rebel Political Leaders from 0 ABY to 46 ABY were awful. Corrupt and bad at their job. The New Republic and Galactic Alliance didn't have a properly function Head of State, for 50 years. The Imperial Remnant was a well oiled machine until they joined the Galactic Alliance.
Happens to happen in the real world too, rebellious people tend to start with being disgruntled over corruption but once they are in the same position they do the same things for the "right" reasons.

It becomes a cycle.
I suggest this song.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIMbzVpgBA[/media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom