Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under 12 Parsecs [SSC Dominion of Kessel Hex]

Objective: 'Into the Hornets Nest'
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Barinthus E`ron"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

As the plan came together Rasu slowly began inching towards the Grandmaster. Sensing each Jedi had paired up with a Master, the Shi'ido thought it logical to offer her services to Thurion's part of the assault. While she was confident in the abilities of the leader of the Silver Sanctum, even a master of the force would find trouble facing the underworld forces alone. Signalling to Barinthus to accompany her, Rasu approached the Jedi Master.

"My Padawan and I will accompany you Master Heavenshield. If you will have us of course." She said making sure she did not impose herself too much upon her fellow Jedi. "We wouldn't want our fearless leader falling at the hands of mere thugs." Smiling as she attempted to joke with the man. Looking towards Barinthus, she sent a wave of confidence and assurance his way, hoping to relieve her student of unwanted doubts that would put him at risk deep in the mines. Wrapping her hands round the cool metal hilts of her sabers, Rasu prepared herself for the fight to come.

Kessel Sector
On Ground - Landing Pad

Objective 1 ~ 'Into the Hornet's Nest'

[member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

(8)

page-divider.png

Master Harrison did not waste time in proceeding with his part of the plan, the distraction to help mother would prove good and would give her the time needed to enter the facility. However, before them was their objective, and crouching down moving as fast and as best he could Théo followed Connor remaining rearguard. Théo's bright blue eyes, along with his force senses, scanned the area on the flank and behind them, so far they are clear and when Connor paused to issue orders, he moved up next to him.

Nodding his understanding on how to proceed, Théo watched as the Rangers moved in and took out the walkers. The time had come to move fast to the Pad, by now the alert would have been sounded that the facilities are under some sort of attack, but still the thugs would not be aware from whom, they soon would. "So what is for dinner?", he asked out of cheek, but did not remain to find out the answer.

The last of the walkers exploded sending pieces of metal high in the air and one of the Rangers bolts must have pierced a fuel line, Théo threw up his arms instinctively to protect his head and ducked but as soon as danger had passed, he began his run to the landing pad. Now the two Jedi are out of cover and moving across ground in clear sight, Théo ignited his white blade and charged ahead of Connor to provide him with cover after all he assumed Connor would be using that rifle of his. Deflecting bolts is a skill learned from an early age and one Théo is exceptional at, after all he had learned it from the best, Master Harrison himself.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Orihime Ike"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiYFARQQVyM

Sorel smiled when the coordinates came through. "Kaytoo, please do the honours."

The droid duly obliged and transferred the data to the navcomp and took control of the ship as it descended into what passed for an atmosphere on the planet. Soon the starport loomed large through the ship's viewport and the astrodroid carefully maneouvred the ship to the correct docking bay and handled all of the formalities of landing too.

Sorel meanwhile checked she had everything she needed and walked to the cargo bay, ready to disembark. She wore her usual Jedi robes and cloak and had her two sabers attached to her belt. On her face was her respirator, she was still unsure how much breathable air the planet had to offer.

"See you later," she called to Kaytoo and punched the button that lowered the exit ramp. She strode down it and headed towards Orihime's ship.

Objective: ‘Into The Hornet’s Nest’
Allies Involved: [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"]"| [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | All Silver Sanctum
Allies Involved: Kessel Pirates & Crime Lords

Connor reacted exactly like Théo as the walker exploded in a burst of flame, debris and the incinerated remains of the drive. The Ranger certainly had made a crack shot in taking one down, and the barrage of fire had taken some of the heat from the now advancing Jedi and the rest of unit heading to the mines.

As Connor ran sideways across to the nearest landing pad with his rifle in hand, he noted the opening of the facility doors both from ground level and up-top as the armed lackies made their retaliation. No way was an exploding walker the quietest way, but it seemed to be the most effective!

”Make your move, Thurion!” Connor called into the com strapped to his wrist, before lowering it to the chamber of the rifle and fired.

To give Théo the easiest angle to deflect the bolts from below, Connor glared down the sight and began firing bursts of 4 bolts to the gunmen on the roof. One fell back like a deadweight, the next beside him spiralled to the ground. A third, across the other corner, swan dived off the roof to the floor which Connor didn’t bother to watch in all its grizzly moments.

”Ranger Six, call in Silver Sword!”

Seems like Connor had put more thought into this attack than simply shaking the hornet’s nest and running; a confirmation command came from the Ranger on the other end as two dots tore around a far mountain en-route to the facility. Gunships carrying a detachment of soldiers and commanding Jedi Knights with the code name ‘Silver Sword’, named by Connor.

Skidding down behind the lip of the landing pad for temporary cover, the resilient Jedi Master glanced to where the Sanctum allies were, noting they had gone. It was funny; he had forgotten how it felt to worry about something, or someone, but Setzi Lunelle took up that area of worry now.

”Théo, we need to take these two landing pads out of action. I’m going to get a gunship to block the runway and act as a runner for your Dad. We’ll use the back-up to make sure Setzi and your mother have cover.”

As a bolt sliced through the air, he winced and looked around to the other landing pad a few dozen yards away. He saw the fuel line feeding up from the ground to a small station on the edge of the pad. Swinging the rifle around, he closed one eye and lined up the shot and fired until the fuel line split and started spewing out fuel from the station.

Not wasting his chance, Connor unhooked his lightsaber from his hip, ignited the blade away from the two of them and propelled it to the station with a Force throw, and as soon as the blade struck in a millisecond of sparks, the station erupted into flame, bursting high into the air like a fountain of flame and black smoke, feeding from the fuel line below and making it impossible to now land safely on the pad until it was cut.

1.jpg
Calling the hilt back, now hot to the touch and covered in black soot and steaming, Connor winced and let it cool for a second on the ground as he glanced back to Théo and feigned a worried look.

”Better move out of here before the same thing happens to the station above our heads!”

Objective 4: Apologize for being a brat
Allies: [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Post #8

As the pair disembarked from Orihime’s ship, Joza could both see and sense the form of Sorel making its way down the ramp of her own ship. The Zeltron had purposely extended her senses, feeling the Force for any sort of emotional giveaway from Sorel. She didn’t try to prod the other woman’s mind, given than it could be easily sensed and seen as rude. Her pheromones wouldn’t work on the Epicanthix, so she didn’t try that either. All she could do was approach the Padawan with honesty.

“Sorel Crieff,” Her voice was gentle, and perhaps a bit more formal than necessary when speaking to a friend. Were they still friends? Joza wasn’t sure how she would react had she been in Sorel’s shoes, being attacked by a friend who’d slipped into the rushing waters of the dark side. But she would continue, tugging down both the hood and scarf of her outfit to face her fully. “It’s good to see you again. You look well.” Unconsciously, the Zeltron’s green gaze tilted down to what she remembered to be Sorel’s injured knee. Realizing what she was doing, her eyes quickly tracked back up to the petite girl’s pretty face and settled there.

Orihime’s presence was both comforting and encouraging, and she took a moment to appreciate the Falleen’s own pheromones before delving into what had been on her mind the entire flight over. “I’d like to apologize for what happened the last time we saw each other. I was too caught up in my own corruption that I couldn’t pull myself back enough. Attacking you was wrong, and I understand if you can’t forgive me, but I hope that we can push past it for the moment to collaborate on this mission together.”

An anxious smile twitched her lips as Joza brought her hands up in front of her stomach, connecting the sleeves so that no piece of her vibrant pink wrists or hands could be seen. In her mind, she’d prepared for the worst. Visions of Sorel glaring at her, denouncing her as friend and even spitting on her plagued her mind, despite the fact that it was completely out of character for the normally level-headed Jedi.

"If possible...I'd like to call you a friend again, Sorel."

Objective 4:
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]
14/38

Orihime felt her there, that rush or something in her head that told her Sorel was around. Familiarity with a detection field that you could get from a friend. She had the same with Joza but working on some of the bigger and better things. Like repairing the friendship between the two of them as she and Joza were standing there and the padawan looked from her to Sorel with herself stepping back for just a little bit. She gave and nod to indicate that Joa was sincere and everything in what she was saying before she waited to hear the answer from Sorel. A few thoughts about what might happen if Sorel said nno or refused but she was a jedi an ideal jedi and jedi weren't supposed to hold grudges. The lure of the darkside was difficult to resist and you needed to try and help those who fell to it... unless they were like some who acted like a yo yo and were light... dark... grey... dark... light... grey every other day.. those ones you could wonder about and likely not put as much effort into watching.

[member="Rasu Gan"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"]
15/38

He was looking at his master and she had laid out the plan, they go with the heavenshields when he was loong over at a couple of things and checking his coat. Ready to work with any of the things touching the cloak he was wearing underneath it while both of them were with the proto-mesh designed by the friend of the family. "Alright then I am ready." He was prepared for anything that might be coming before his master got them running off on some large scale crusade before they were ready to do this. He gave a nod of his head prepared with his saber in hand and a hand to make sure his hair was slicked back and ready to prepare workign with some of the bigger things. "I am ready."

Objective: 1 - 'Into the Hornet's Nest'
Allies: [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

As Coci was about turn away after their all-too-brief kiss, Thurion grabbed her arm and pulled her back into his embrace, pressing his lips to hers once more, this time more deeply and longer-lasting. He then rested his forehead against hers and looked into her eyes, arms wrapped around her waist. "Now and beyond this life," he whispered before letting her go, as much as it pained him to do so. He would then turn to his son before he left with Connor and give him a fatherly embrace. "You are a man now," he said while pulling away from their embrace, then gave him a look-over. No longer did the boy he'd once been able to fit in the palm of his hand stand before him, and yet so much of Théo reminded him of those days. "Give 'em hell, son."

Watching his wife and son move out separately and in the company of friends and allies, the Grandmaster then turned to those who remained - Rasu and Barinthus. "Come now, Master Gan," he chuckled. "Give me a little more credit than that, won't you?" They wouldn't have to wait long for the fireworks to start, and Connor's voice blaring through the commlink. "We're up, ladies and gents!"

While the large majority of scum and villainy had directed their efforts towards whoever was attacking them, Thurion, Rasu and Barinthus managed to sneak right through the ensuing chaos with little difficulty. They headed for the mines, taking out what few guards remained as they moved ever forward. Soon they found themselves at the large entrance with a bunch of knocked-out guards at their feet, and Thurion pulled them aside for a few quick words. "So far so good, but there's bound to be more of them within. There's no telling how deep there mines go, but we have to make sure every last one of the slaves is freed." Just as another guard rushed outside to join the fray he was knocked out by Thurion blindsiding him with a punch to the head. "Alright, in we go!"

Sorel Crieff

[member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Joza Perl"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctNwdO8KoM

Sorel was unreadable. Sure emotions leaked out but her mind was pretty much out of bounds to Force users. Genetics were a wonderful thing. But she often wore her heart on her sleeve and countless Jedi had advised her to learn a better game face - but sometimes she simply forgot.

Like now.

She recognised Orihime's ship, and Orihime of course. But then she expected both. The person with her Master's daughter? She could also be added to the 'known' list but most certainly not the 'expected'. It was a good thing Sorel was wearing the respirator, as her mouth was gaping open before she finally realised what she was doing and closed it so quickly she bit her tongue.

She sensed no hostility from Joza and Orihime seemed relaxed, so Sorel approached the reunion with an open mind. She bowed to both and then listened whilst Joza spoke.

"Joza Perl." Sorel replicated the opening of her reply, her voice impassive. "Was a friend, is a friend and will always be a friend." She stepped forwards and hugged the Zeltron. "I am a Jedi. I do not judge. I am also a person, Sorel to be precise. And in that capacity, I forgive you. I did not take it personally then and don't now. I wish I could have done more for you back then, so please...forgive me too."

She smiled at Orihime. "This is a lovely surprise. Thanks." And she hugged her fellow Padawan too.

Kessel Sector
On Ground - Landing Pad

Objective 1 ~ 'Into the Hornet's Nest'

[member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

(9)

page-divider.png

Sensing Connor through the force and moving sideways, Théo followed him to continue to proved cover, his feet moving deliberately placing one foot behind the other with assured touch, it was like watching a dance in motion so much had his foot work improved with the application of the saber. He did not allow the bolts from Master Harrison's rifle to distract him nor the bodies falling as a result of a true hit, but centered his focus of the volley of bolts. Eventually, the two Jedi found cover, and the directive from Connor clear enough, the pause gave them both a moment to not only catch breath, but form up the plan. Mother got what she needed, as did father and he allowed a moment to hope that they would be safe in their mission. Father was easy enough to location through the constant movement of the force, mother however seemed to have vanished.

Théo turned his body and looked over the rim of the landing pad, as Connor's saber flew through the air toward the spilling fuel. It only took a second before the large plume fire to explode high into the air, the shock wave rippled across the landing pad toward them accompanied by considerable radiant heat, Théo thew himself to the ground in order to avoid any injury from this alone, he felt the heat and waves wash over him and it was still very uncomfortable to feel on his body. Once it had passed, he raised his head from the ground and looked to Connor.

"I think they know we are here now", he laughed. No time to hang about however, they needed to continue the attack. Naturally this explosion drew much attention and out of the facility that surrounded the landing pad filed many of the criminals that ran the place all armed and angry. The Rangers and the Silver Swords moved in fast and began to engage them. Using the force through his legs, Théo leaped up onto the landing pad and quickly accessed the situation. "There!", he pointed and shouted over of the roaring of the fire funnel .. "They are unloading the slaves of the ships and moving them out".

Three groups of slaves all shackled together were forced of the ships and at gun point marched of to the side of the landing pad, the situation turned at this point, lives are now very much in danger so they would have to make the next move carefully.

Objective 4: Play Diplomat
Post #9

Joza’s anxiety swelled each passing moment when Sorel didn’t respond, though she contained it. The Zeltron was prepared to face whatever came of this, but there was an expression of sincere optimism in her eyes. And when Sorel spoke her name, her head perked up a bit.

It took a few moments to register what the other woman was saying, and a bit longer for it to hit her that she was actually hugging her. As it was, Joza stood still for a few moments, temporarily stupefied with the reaction her apology had garnered. But really, could she expect less than understanding from the Jedi? Inhaling deeply, the Knight wrapped her arms around Sorel and hugged her firmly for a few moments. When they pulled away, a more congenial, and even perhaps dopey smile spread across her face.

“I’m glad, Sorel. I’d never want to lose you as a friend, or Orihime for that matter. You guys are more important to me than I’d realized.” Releasing the Epicanthix so she could greet their mutual, Joza straightened out. “No worries.” Her smile contracted a bit, though it was still present in her eyes. “Well, we’d best be off to represent the Sanctum to the Honoghr. We can plan a girl’s day out later. Maybe Zeltros?” With a wink, she adjusted her mane of red hair to fall a little more neatly down her back.

Objective 4:
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]
16/38

Orihime was on the edge fo her seat watching them, focused and ready for anything that might come from it when she was wondering and prepared for the bigger things. To defend joza should something happened but she didn't expect it to happen when Sorel was the one initiating the hug with Joza and she was happy to see it. Just the three of them before she moved up and nudged a little wanting in on the hug... Joza was their friend and she was going through a lot and had slipped. all friends slip in the problems when she was happy. "See we are awesome and already got the best results now we just need to meet with the peoples." Oh they could totally have a moment to hug it out with them while she agreed with an idea for Joza and her to work on things like a girls day or night or week on eltros for any number of things. "That would be most fun."

Post 2 of 35
Objective 2/5: "Bad Romance"

Caves weren't really made for lightsaber fightning.

Now, dancing? It was hard to think of a place where you couldn't dance. The contours, dimensions, and geometry of the cave a changing variable as the trio worked up and back the mining shaft where the Nautolan had interrupted the work of the two Primeval cultists.

Whatever these Priests of Balagoth had up their sleeve, it was nothing good. People were getting sick. And whatever was causing it had some connection to Kessel.

Zak had been checking the source of a mysterious pollutant that had appeared in the chemical run-off coming from the mining shafts when he'd accidentally stumbled upon this pair in the tunnels.

Not that he was complaining all that much. This was definitely much, much more interesting than what he'd been doing before.

Plus, it was good practice for stepping up his improv game. Makashi made good use of economy of motion, with its focus on footwork and nuances in joint rotation. But, neither Makashi nor Djem So were anyone's go-to form for a two-on-one battle. The challenge pushed him out to the edge, drawing on the training in Shii-cho he'd largely ignored for the better part of a few years.

That being said, he was absolutely not retreating.

He was merely advancing in a different direction.

A heavy, grated door parted behind him, allowing the Nautolan to sashay back out along a cat walk built on scaffolding that swayed and creaked. The rickety assembly of metal constructed for the harvesting of glitterstem webs long since cleared. The thin walkway forced them into a single file, allowing the Nautolan the room with which to transition back into the fifth form of combat while facing the Mirialan woman.

"Look, it's none of my business and all..." the boy remarked, his words broken up by the stucco of sparks and explosions born by the repeated collision of white and red. The Mirialan had a double-bladed lightsaber in contrast to the curved lightsaber that the Nautolan carried. "...but didn't the Primeval try to kill Mirial or something?"

"Yes, I was there," the woman noted, prompting a raised eyebrow on the part of the boy before she added, in a wicked tone, "It was glorious."

...apparently a [member="Zambrano the Hutt"] fan.

Noted.

A shadow shot overhead. By the time that Zak had glanced up, the apprentice was already landing behind him.

Which meant Zak was trapped in the middle without a lot of room in which to maneuver.

Maybe this tactical retreat wasn't going quite like he'd had in mind.

Objective: 'Into the Hornet's Nest
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Barinthus E`ron"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

"Oh I will do my best, better to see you in action first before I make any conclusions." the Jedi replied to Thurion, using the humour to aid both her and any other nerves that may be rising as the apprehension took hold of her. The sight of the Grandmaster eased her slightly, knowing that their group consisted of two capable Jedi Masters, and while Barinthus was only a Padawan, she too had faith that he would pull through when the fighting began. Watching with concerned eyes as each team split from the group, Rasu placed a comforting hand on her Padawan's shoulders.

"Good, I have utter faith in your skills Barinthus. Just be smart." she said, finding that her motherly instincts could not stop the worry emanating from her voice. However as the signal was lit, Rasu found herself switch into an automatic state, lacking focus and clarity as she trundled behind the Valkyri Jedi. Her weapons seemed to activate on their own as she witnessed them deflect bolts that would have pierced both men had she not caught them in her humming blade. The world had erupted into chaos, leaving the Shi'ido a hazed view of the entire situation. As the trio neared the mines, the woman's focus shifted, as the Force eased her nerves and gave focus to what had been foggy. Sensing the foreboding presence of an unknown numbers of enemies, Rasu gripped her weapons tighter, knowing trouble waited further within the mines. However, the confident words of her fellow Jedi boosted her own morale, nodding in acknowledgement and stating she too was ready for what awaited them. Eyeing up the unconscious guards curiously, the Shi'ido brushed by the consciousness of the pair ensuring that their enemies remained incapable of fighting. Unlatching the whips that lay beside the pair, the Jedi tied intricate knots with the strands, binding the two in place.

"An extra precaution."she added, before turning to face the entrance. No slave will be left in these mines, I'll make sure of it, the Jedi Master thought as she followed Thruion into the foreboding dark abyss.

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
(15)
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

It occured to Naamah very soon that she was outmatched. There was no way around this conclusion, as much as it hurt her pride. She had never been a Master of the Force, but now her power was a sliver of its former self. Moreover, she was feeling drained.

Consuming the Rodian woman's life would have sustained. Really, what meaning did her life have? In all likelihood the woman could look forward to nothing more than a life of poverty on a hellhole. Perhaps also spice addiction. A staggering number of people died every day, forgotten and unmourned. Naamah's soul was already damned to hell, so what did one more murder matter? It mattered to her.

Her concealed disruptor fired. There was a muzzle flash and a beam of light sliced through one of the feral infected's chest, streaking out of her back. The woman, who had once been human but was now little more than a rabid creature, fell and choked on her own blood. There was a hole inside her from the passage of the beam.

One of the creatures swung his vibrosword at Naamah and she dodged, but not fast enough and so the cold steel sliced across her cheek and into her ear, coating itself with her blood. She forced her legs to leap out of the way of his next strike towards her mid-section, then turned his blade away and thrust the tip of her sword through his chest, killing him.

However, there was no end to the attacks and she was soon finding herself beleaguered. She narrowly ducked to avoid a maul, but the Force was not with her and so she felt white hot pain surge through her when another feral snuck up on her and rammed a vibrodagger inside her right leg.

Anger swelled up inside her and she rolled, with the knife still inside her. Drawing air into her lungs, she roared, unleashing a Force Scream on instinct that broke teeth, burst eardrums and sent creatures flying back. She panted heavily, getting more tired, and pulled the knife out of her leg, tossing it into a feral's skull.

Then there was pain when a blaster bolt shot through the air and impacted upon her shoulder, for her sabre had not been fast enough to block it. The Force was no longer with her. Getting shot...hurt a lot. It caused a searing pain. Her shoulder felt like it was on fire. Another feral launched himself at the former Inquisitor. Using his tremendous strength, he blocked her clumsy, poorly coordinated strikes and pushed her blade away, before grabbing her throat like a vice.

He used his hand to smash her into the ground, causing a loud, sickening crunch. Ouch. Something had definitely been broken inside her and blood dripped out of a wound in her forehead. She tried to kick him and her hand gripped the knife to ram it into him, but he did not bother pull it out, instead simply slammed his boot down on her knee, causing a cry of pain. Deprived of options, she gripped a frag grenade. She was not getting infected!

Then, suddenly, there was a loud cry of pain and the creature was no more. An invisible hand lifted his body up and throw him through the air with such force the wall he impacted upon was covered in blood and pieces of flesh. There was a loud roar and a bolter round put another infected out of her misery. A figure clad in black stepped out of the shadows, holding the smoking gun. One of the last people Naamah had wanted to run into on this godforsaken hellhole.

Sumiko Tanaka. Darkness slithered and seethed across her like a serpent. There was an ornate looking ring on her finger and she idly stroked across it. Dark power emanated from it. The creatures turned towards the intruder, bared their fangs and brought forth their weapons...but then turned compliant. There was a glazed and vacant look in their eyes, and they looked enthralled.

"This one is mine. Go and find others to feast on." Sumiko stepped over the corpses, walking towards Naamah, while the beasts suddenly took off. "More are coming, and Archangel is here," she stretched out a gloved hand towards Naamah. "Come with me if you want to live." The shapeshifter realised she wanted to live and took the offered hand.

Objective: 'Big Trouble in Little Kessel'
Allies Involved: [member="Taiden Keth"] | [member="Charlyra Araano"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | 6-man squad of Rangers, 2 investigators

Audren winced internally upon hearing Charlyra speak to Master Tamm. He should have checked to see if she'd already been working on something; and she was working with a Master. This could be seen as him muscling in on someone else's tasking. It wasn't, and Nima tended to be reasonable from what he'd seen of her, but potential conflict with other Jedi was something he preferred to avoid. Then again, Charlyra should have told him if helping out with the hunt was taking her away from other duties. Fortunately, Master Tamm's response was agreeable. Also fortunately, she could keep up with him as he started moving to catch up to the Rangers. They hadn't gotten very far in the time it'd taken to comm a few sentences and get a reply, though hopefully the Firemane soldiers could catch up.

"Would our friends in the cult be partly responsible for this whole rabid nonsense that seems to be plaguing the planet?"

Personally, the Sephi wouldn't have been surprised. He hadn't done much against the Primeval swarms - or maybe their Congregation - before they'd dissolved, but he'd heard plenty. A Hutt that treated decay like its personal play-toy, an Ewok that used the Force like it was magic, and many more. He didn't understand much about their religion, but they'd been a powerful force in their time and the cultists would likely be drawing on that. However, he had no idea how they operated, whether it was Force- or technology-based, or even a combination of the two. Electromagnetics could be useful.

"Keep an eye open then. We won't know about the plague until we can ask, but I have a sneaking suspicion they won't let us ask politely."

A couple of the Rangers grinned at that, though they avoided looking at the two of them. In fact, they were starting to see a thinning of buildings, and in turn an increase in the frequency of rabid creatures. Some were sick, obviously infected and trying to fight off whatever caused this. Others were obviously rabid, yet not so far gone that they attacked on sight. Even so, he could feel the darkness growing; they were on the right track.

"It was this or help with the space side of things, and I'm typically not great in the pilot's seat. Just enough to get there and back."

The instant they stepped foot outside the city limit, two creatures attacked. They were burned down by the alert Rangers before they hit ten paces away. The Jedi didn't react, barely even seemed cognizant of the attack. It was like they'd crossed a barrier of some sort: he'd been hit by the full strength of the darkness. His skin paled and he felt like it was going to be sick. He refused though. His eyes closed and he mastered his nausea, then opened himself to the Force. The Light Side was barely a flicker, but he found that flicker and fed it until it grew. He continued to draw on the Force, allowing the Darkness to pass by and pulling only on the Light. Where there is shadow, there must be a light to cast it. As he focused, the Darkness shifted. It didn't retreat, didn't fight back, but the change was apparent.

"They know we're here."

Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Nima Tann"], [member="Taiden Keth"] ; 2 Firemane Soldiers, 6 Rangers, 2 Investigators.
Enemies: Dead Poodoo'd Face Things
Objective: Big Trouble in Little Kessel

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HCLVU5_KVs[/media]
Of course, Firemane could keep up, they wouldn't be Firemane if they didn't. Charlyra and the soldiers of Firemane kept their pace alongside the Rangers. What a site it would have been to behold if you could spot them, they were like blurs among the force, well Charlyra was anyway, the other two made due with vehicles keeping pace with the Rangers and the Jedi Sykes. As they reached the outskirts of town, she could feel the darkness and for once in her life she wasn't afraid of it. It seemed to fuel her own darkness breathing it in she held wicked happy grin on her face.

The thinning of buildings mattered not to the acolyte, the emergence of rabid creatures were another thing, but the Rangers made quick work of them before she had time to react. The closer they got to the darkness the more she drank it in. Although she knew, from her training to not let it control and that she was in control of it. A key tenet of Firemane's training, where like the Jedi the force was a tool as such, so was the darkness. Like a rider on a mount, she pulled at the darkness and her aura was lit, the arrogance that her old Jedi masters would have seen tempered now flared.

She did feel this barrier, though, and felt the thickening darkness and turned to put her hand to where they had crossed. "Intriguing, the power to create and maintain this, must be incredible," Charlyra observed although it was most likely not a barrier that non-force users could perceive, and she turned to look at the Jedi. "Whoever is behind this is clever, but we shall be the better."

Her senses warned her about this darkness, "it is suffocating even for me."

She was not wholly devoted to the darkness even if she now reveled in it. Charlyra had been raised as a lightsider and walked the thin line between light and dark. Classified as a 'Dark Jed' as she did not share the view nor adhere to the symbolic code that the Jedi Order seemed to adore. And while the Rangers had done well to put down two of the rabid creatures more were on the approach and she could sense that much. "Sisters be on your guard, there is much darkness here." She told the two soldiers under her command. Patching into her communications with Master Tann, she communicated where they were. "Master Tann, I have arrived just outside the city with the Jedi Audren Sykes and a squad of rangers. The two soldiers you sent have arrived at my side and they are well."

Taking in a breath as she brings up her free hand ready to make use of her force abilities, "there appears to be some sort of force barrier, there is a thick and suffocating darkness that perverts the air just on the outskirts of town. The further you walk from the medbay the more you'll begin to recognize what I have described." She readies force stun sensing creatures from just beyond thirty feet, reaching perhaps forty-five feet from where she stood. "I'll make contact with you once I know more, may the Force be with you."

Looking to the Jedi Sykes, "that direction and this direction, I know not their number but if I were you, I'd prepare yourselves for battle." A hand on her lightsaber ready to withdraw it if necessary, mentally preparing herself to take the most basic form of Shii-Cho while keeping force stun on the ready.

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
(16)

Unsurprisingly, there was an excess of abandoned buildings in the ghost town since the Plague had killed a considerable amount of people or turned them into rabid creatures. Alas, it was unlikely that real estate agencies would benefit a lot since Kessel was a hellhole.

So Naamah had been taken to Sumiko's lair. Apparently the building had once belonged to a crime boss and been used to store spice. However, the slug was dead, so was most of his gang and thus he had no need of it anymore. A grey-skinned elf healer had seen to her wounds and patched her up. The kindness made her suspicious. Altruism was a word that did not belong in Sumiko's dictionary.

It did not take long for the Lady herself to arrive in the room. "I see you're in better shape. Good. We have much to discuss. It's been a while since Csilla, hasn't it?" The tone was cordial, but the warmth was not genuine.

"Cut the old buddies reunion, Tanaka. The Good Samaritan act doesn't suit you." Ungrateful? Well, yeah, kind of. She glanced over to the drow and spotted a Noghri standing in the background, like an obedient dog on the leash. "You got minions now?"

"A lot has changed since you went to hell, dear. By the way, you can thank me for cleaning up your mess on Terminus. I rescued the girl you tortured. She was starved and almost bled to death." Tone was cold, a bit challenging.

Naamah winced when the memory hit her. You're a monster, you know that? For a few moments she didn't know what to say. Her breathing intensified. Finally she found her voice. "Thanks for...saving her. She didn't deserve what I did to her."

"No, she didn't," Sumiko said in a lecturing tone. "But I can sense you've...changed."

"You mean I'm not a sadistic psycho anymore? Yeah. Hell gives you perspective." She doubted that Sumiko would change one bit if she'd gone there. The Clawdite shrugged. "Anyone got a smoke? I'm out."

"Those kill, you know. I suppose you're wondering why I saved you."

"Oh, the question is burning on my lips. We didn't care for one another in the Inquisition."

"No, we did not. But you're an Inquisitor. There are so few of us left. The Terror murdered so many." Naamah actually detected a note of regret and sorrow in Sumiko's tone. Genuine or feigned? She was not certain. Perhaps it was a bit of both. "But it also freed us from our shackles. As surprising as it may seem, I'm here to offer you work."

"You want me to...work for you? Seriously?"

"You make it seem like such a daunting prospect. You need a purpose. More specifically, you need a job. Beyond playing Good Samaritan and throwing yourself into certain death. I'm gathering former Inquisitors and others who've walked similar roads."

"The 'Forsaken', the lost, the dregs, huh? Like your little drow over there. Your own personal Inquisition, right? Only with you as Grand Inquisitor."

"No, not like the Inquisition. Not completely at any rate. The discipline, the structure, the camaraderie, sure. But no one will chip us like wild dogs. Nor will we cleave and bend to anyone's flag, Jedi or Sith. We will be our own covert, darkside army and serve no ambition but our own." It almost sounded tempting.

"League of shadows. You know, there was a woman I followed once upon a time. Without question. I might actually be inclined to do it again...but she's not in this room," Naamah said pointedly.

For just a moment, there was a scowl on Sumiko's face. "[member="Mirien Valdier"] will not take you back, dear. Firemane would not allow it. Besides, she went into exile while we and our siblings were slaughtered by Madeline's goons."

This was true...but a biased, self-serving perspective. "She did all she could to save as many as possible. War requires casualties. Sorry, but her boots are too big for you," Naamah snapped. Heaping scorn upon Mirien was a big no-no for her. Perhaps because she had Stockholm Syndrome. "And she killed Madeline. She and I did. We avenged our brethren."

"I'm afraid that rumours of her death are greatly exaggerated, my dear."

Suffice to say, Naamah was shocked and incredulous. "What do you mean? We shot her from the rooftop during the Cherry Blooms Festival. I sensed that she was dying. There's no way a medic could have saved her in time. The queen is dead."

Sumiko just shook her head and sat down on a chair. "She is...in a manner of speaking, and yet she also lives," Naamah shot her an annoyed look, for she could not stand the cryptic talk. The Atrisian folded her hands. "Archangel saved her. She's now an HRD. She could look like anyone now. Tell me, have you heard of some of the secret projects she was working on before you two ended her reign?"

Sorel Crieff

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Orihime Ike"]

Sorel smiled warmly. "So, what's the plan?" She knew the SSC had business here, but wasn't precisely sure what Joza and Orihime had in mind. "There were a whole host of options given and needs posted, but I wasn't sure which one we were going to go for."

"And then we're off to Zeltros, right?" She grinned again. "As long as we get through this in one piece - which we will, surely?"

She looked around, "But judging from the location, we're here to meet someone in particular, yes?"

Objective 4: Play Diplomat
Post #10

“Of course, of course.” Joza waved her hand as if it was no big deal. “Once this is over, I’ll see if we can’t reserve a few spots in a Pleasure City resort!” The thought of a vacation on her home planet was enough to boost her spirits further. Then again, they had a job to do. If they wanted to project a certain image, then being too peppy might come off as odd.

“Anywho,” Clearing her throat, the Zeltron shifted into a more informative gear. “The three of us are going to act as ambassadors from the Coalition to the Noghri people. They’re organized into several clans, at the head of each is a ‘Dynast’. My guess is that we’ll be taken to them to state our case.” Joza had done a bit of research into the planet of Honoghr and how the clan system worked. What she found most alarming was how adept the Noghri people were at being efficient killing machines. “I suggest we be friendly but to the point without being curt. From what I’ve gathered, they don’t seem to like pomp.”

As if on cue, a smallish open-air transport came sliding over the desert stands. It docked near the trio of Jedi, and a well-dressed Noghri man accompanied by two Noghri guards stepped out to greet them. “You are the Silver Sanctum Coalition Jedi, yes?” The robed Noghri scrutinized the three young women but did not comment on them. Flaking him on either side, the pair of armored guards also analyzed the humanoids—what race they were, did they look dangerous, and were they carrying weapons?

At the slightest affirmation, the Noghri representative waved a clawed hand towards the transport, stepping aside for them to enter. “Come. You will be escorted to the Grand Dukha to meet with the Dynast Council. They will decide if it in our people’s best interest to join your Coalition.” He spoke in a no-nonsense manner, though from the inflection in his words he seemed…wary of them.

(OOC: Hope you guys don't mind if I push things forward a little! Feel free to let me know if I'm taking too many liberties here :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom