Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under 12 Parsecs [SSC Dominion of Kessel Hex]

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
(5/35)
Objective: Picking up the peices of the puzzle.

The slave girl lead Akio back out into the streets of suffering. The Chiss did his best to try and not be overwhelmed once more by the sheer lack of life and hope within them. Then all of the sudden the landscape changed around him. The squat slave homes were replaced with middle class businesses, homes, and stores. Speeders crossed the streets and the pedestrians wore middle class clothes. Families walked by in parades of joy and happiness. Teenagers, each absorbed in a world of self and technology strolled past them talking about their lol's and jk's. Most paid no attention to Akio and Jane. She was just a slave girl. Property. The few who did turned their noses up at the two of them like they were animals. Akio blinked in surprise at the disregard for humanity and life. Were they not all one in the family of the force?

"Don't pay attention to those a-holes," Jane said with a shrug. "It's part of living here."

"But this isn't how we should treat each other," Akio objected. "We should all be one. We should--"

"Sounds like stupid Jedi idealism," the girl said with a wave of her hand. "Not how the real worlds work."

The words of [member="Karen Roberts"] came to the Chiss' mind. He needed to stop being such an idealist. And she was right. He gave a heavy sigh. "I suppose it's not."

"What you stopped back there," Jane said jerking her thumb back at the slave quarters, "That's the real worlds. That's life. Not everyone sitting around holding hands."

"But we still can fight for a change," he objected. "We still should--"

"It's a waste of time," she snapped. "Some things never change."

"But it's worth the effort."

"It's a wasted effort. Save your energy for things that matter. Like surviving."

"Then your saying I should have left you there? To die or worse?"

Jane thought for a moment before answering. "Probably. We're here."

Objective 4: Play Diplomat
Allies: [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Post #6

“Oh…” Joza certainly didn’t expect Orihime to give an intense example like that, but the girl didn’t seem bothered by it.

In discussing their strategy, Joza nodded. “You’re right. I’m sure that between the three of us, we can convince the natives that we are here to help.”

A pause, and she noticed a few distinct pings come from the console in front of her. The Zeltron wasn’t one to pry, but a quick glance at the screen and she’d caught the gist of the message. “It’s Sorel. She wants to know where we should meet her.”

Objective 4:
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]
11/38

She could see the look of surprise that seemed for a moment on her face when the ping came with the message from Sorel and she was thinking about it with a smile on her face. "Lets tell her we will meet her planet side." Orihime was looking at the bigger things before she turned around and the pilot was bringing them down towards the position on the planet. A small look at Joza as she spoke. "Ah if you can please don't tell anyone I told you that, n o one knows my moms fought like that or what happened. Most aside from my sister Reiko knows that she fell to the darkside." Orihime said it as she was a little sad and then changed her attitude when the ramp was going down for them to go and find Sorel on the planet. Her sharp intake of air and the force gave her a beautiful thing to do. "Come on lets go and work with them."

Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Nima Tann"], [member="Taiden Keth"] ; Firemane Minions, maybe. Audren's dudes.
Enemies: Poodoo faced things, soon ™
Objective: Big Trouble in Little Kessel

"Seen, would be an understatement." Charlyra remarked looking up for a moment, "a very grave understatement." There was the traditional dark jedi arrogance, but it banished away the moment she heard 'take-down' and 'rescue.' By the Goddess that sounded a lot better than running about Kessel trying to find a cure for things. So she put her hand to her ear to activate communication links to Master Tann, the best she could do was update her friend on where she was going.

"Master Tann, I've run into a friend from Ruusan. I'll be assisting him with this Primeval cult, and perhaps rescuing a fellow padawan, what's your status?" She asked but didn't have time to stick around to get an answer, "would you mind dispatching two of the lovely Firemane soldiers this way?" She took off after Audren and his squad of Rangers. It was curious to see something like the Rangers, she hadn't encountered them before but she didn't exactly have the luxury of asking them questions now.

Force speed, eh? Charlyra smirked and boosted up to catch up with Audren. Welp hope those Firemane kids brought a speeder or two, or something... "Would our friends in the cult be partly responsible for this whole rabid nonsense that seems to be plaguing the planet?" She inquired, it was perhaps rhetorical but it was a question she needed to ask anyway. The former Jedi padawan managed to stop just behind the Knight, and as she caught her breath her eyes filtered into a lavender hue. "I can trace things along electromagnetic elements, if needed." Thus her eyes had changed in their color. "

Also, "didn't think I'd find you in this wasteland." Charlyra said referring to the planet, "came here with Master Tann hoping to help these people in any way that I can." Plus it beats sticking around the Villa.

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
6/36
Objective: Gather the Puzzle Pieces up.

Akio looked over the building before giving a slight shake of his head. It was no small building, nor was it a normal building. This was a high security safe house bank. The Chiss' eyes could easily see the several security cameras on the outside, the many security droids and personel moving through the building, sweeping for intruders.

"How are you gonna get in?" Jane asked, looking to Akio.

The Chiss gathered his kimono around his person, "Through the front door of course."

She followed him, the Chiss didn't have to look back to know what she was thinking, this is a bad bad idea.... He stepped into the massive lobby and was lost for a moment in its grandeur. From the golden chandelier to the sweeping fresco paintings that covered the walls, it was clear this place catered to the opulently wealthy.

An elegantly made Protocol droid made its way to the pair. A quick red laser flashed over Akio's face, scanning it before giving a soft ping. "Good evening, Mr. Lamuro, its had been some time since we have seen you. How have your investments along the Core developed successfully?"

Akio flashed a smile, "I am afraid you have me mist--"

The scanner in the protocol droids face gave a second scan of the Chiss, "Confirmed, Sir, you are Mr. Lamuro. The bio scans and the facial recognition software show you are Mr Hero Lamuro."

"Ah, of course," Akio said with a nervous chuckle. He realized what was at play here. This was his best way of getting to his buried supplies. "I am sorry, it has been some time since I was in this bank."

"Indeed, Sir, you have not been present since its founding, five years ago. Which, sir, we all found to be rather odd."

The Chiss glanced around, looking from Jane back to the droid. The slave girl's face showed exactly what the Chiss was feeling inside right now; surprise, fear, excitement. "Um, why would that be?"

"Because, Sir," the droid answered serenely, "most owners visit their banks rather frequently instead of every third year."

Akio could feel his mind reeling at the information. "I would like to see my box, if you do not mind. I am in something of a rush."

"Of course, this way sir."

"You didn't tell me you owned this bank," Jane hissed.

"I didn't know," Akio whispered back.

"Then how did you know you had a safebox here? Did you know about that?" she asked her voice dripping with suspicion.

"No," he admitted, "I just know me; the only reason I would own a bank would be to have a safe box."

A very very important safebox, Akio thought. One worth devoting an entire bank to.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Objective: 2
Allies: Ice, [member="Taiden Keth"], [member="Charlyra Araano"]
Enemies: Soon ™
3/35

The response to her holocomm message did not take long, she activated the comm and the voice behind was Charlyra’s. Though, she sighed as she heard the news, Sio and Tempest trusted her to look after her after all but she couldn’t do that if she was very far. But like she thought before, Charlyra would be pretty fine, she survived Ruusan after all, which had worse conditions than here. Without getting lost thinking about the possibilites of what could happen, then she sent a response as well. “Send me your coordinates and I’ll send some right away.” Then she added. “And Charlyra, uhh, try not to get hurt so much, alright? And keep in touch if something happens.” She would soon get the coordinates, and even though Lyra said two, at least 10 Firemane soldiers would be ready to move into the position. Better safe than sorry, right? And then she saw Taiden approaching, of course he had to bow. Well at least it was a small bow, so he was listening!

“Indeed, Taiden. And it will continue to grow if we don’t do something about it.” She said, with a nod to her Padawan. Then added quickly as the time was cutting short and they had a cure to find. “So, we still have good amount of people here to cut us a clean way to the deep mines. The researcher seemed to have disappeared just near it. I suspect he didn’t survive long but his research would be very valuable to us.” It was the harsh truth, but Nima liked keeping a situation as real as possible, there was no way a researcher would survive out there with all those rabid creatures. If he survived, they would need to give him a medal or something. Just before they would move out though, the medbay doors opened and a not so looking well girl was at the door. After examining them for a second she talked with a weak voice.

“Can you help us? We lost connection to our people from other camps and we haven’t been able to hear them for quite a long time now. Maybe they’ve been attacked by those creatures, we can’t know. You have people with you, right? Can you help us find them and bring them to somewhere safe?” She immediately responded, that’s why they were here after all! “Of course, don’t worry. Tell me about those camps and I’ll send people to look out for them.” The girl, in the meantime, explained the signs that would bring them there, favorite camping sites etc. etc. They didn’t have so much to go on but of course the campsites weren’t stable. So, she turned to Taiden.

“Taiden, I want you to look out for this one, we need those people safe and secured.” She nodded, then added afterwards. “Take some men with you, if you oppose a dangerous enemy your first priority is to save those people, alright?”

Now that they were gone one by one, lastly she turned to Ice with a smile. “This place is a bit more dangerous than I expected, Ice. Get to the ship and wait for the rest of the group, alright? This is serious, I’ll be mad if you don’t listen to me this time too.” Ice whined first, but then understood how serious Nima was, so he barked happily, which was his “Okay I am going to do that” bark. Then he slowly moved back to the ship.

Everything was in place, and they were ready to move on. She ordered some of the Firemane troops to stay and protect the medbay, and the remaining to follow her. They already lost a lot of time here and time was very important!

(12)
Somewhere on Kessel, away from Silvers. Cameo post.
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Kessel. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. A cesspit of iniquity and oppression. The planet was barren and mostly devoid of life. The air was foul and mostly provided by factories. There was no economy beyond spice mines. Millions of slaves laboured and toiled in them, kept under the yoke of oppressive crime lords and slavemasters. Now it was the sight of a terrible outbreak.

Jedi and Firemane had come with great fanfare to liberate the oppressed...or perhaps just to play hero and convince themselves that they were righteous. They were like a storm that swept across the land, leaving whoever was left to pick up the pieces. Archangel had come, too. For it was the beacon in the darkness.

Using a shell company, the machine cult had set up its own clinic in the ghost town. It was a safe haven for those who wanted to escape the fighting that was causing so much bloodshed. The facility was guarded by battle droids, the rooms were sterile and clean. Here medical droids worked tirelessly to try and find a cure. Or at least mitigate the suffering of the poor souls who had been afflicted by mystical rabies. Alas, so far there was little success.

Patients screamed angrily, cursing whichever malevolent force had afflicted them like this, others tried to attack their caretakers but were quickly put down by security. Others were just lying there...completely motionless and with a vacant look in their eyes, as if they had given up. "I want my mummy," a little girl said quietly, looking very frail and weak. She had been crying.

Enyo sat on her bedside. Her heart broke for the little child. Naturally the clone was wearing a breath mask and gloves. Her entire body was covered, but she patted the girl on the shoulder. "I know, sweetie. I'm sorry. But you must be strong now. We'll look after you. No one's going to hurt you," she said softly.

"You'll be back soon?" the girl asked, sounding a bit fearful. Enyo had been spending the most half an hour with her. "I'm...scared. There were monsters everywhere. If I...turn into one...," she could not finish the sentence. She coughed, her skin looked sickly.

"Listen. I won't let that happen. We won't. We won't let you become a monster, ok?" The girl looked doubtful, but nodded. At this stage she needed any sort of reassurance. Trying to smile encouragingly, Enyo suddenly produced an Ewok plushie and passed it over. "For you. I gotta go...but I'll be back soon. Promise." Then she got to her feet and slowly walked out of the room.

She gave the little one another glance, then turned away. Outside she ran into Callisto. The HRD had just returned from leading a Search and Rescue party outside. "The fighting is intensifying. The local mob is putting up a fight against the Coalition," she said, using a slightly more human voice than usual.

Enyo nodded grimly. "I figured. This place here is overflowing with patients and we're making no progress getting a real cure," she frowned. "Do you think Firemane and the Jedi may be holding one back? So that they can appear the heroes at the right moment and take the credit." She was not paranoid at all, but then Archangel had done a number on her.

"I doubt they've given the welfare of the common people much thought, dear. They'll destroy the syndicates and make a token show about helping people so that they can feel good. And Firemane is just a Dark Jedi cult with good publicity," Callisto replied. "They probably haven't given any thought to how the slaves will live after they kill the spice industry and leave them destitute."

"Well, we're not getting any further, are we? What we're doing here is mitigation. Our scientists are studying the beasts...but sooner or later many of the people here will turn as well." She was getting rather agitated and took a breath, trying to compose herself. "I'm sorry. This is all just getting to me."

Callisto looked as calm as ever. "You're better than Kerrigan, but you're wrong. We will cure them. Not here though. We'll need a...safer location," she took the clone's arm and led her away into a private chamber, then closed the door behind them.

"How? Can I help somehow? Why wasn't I told sooner?"

"All in time. You must understand that this is strongly classified. We have manifold enemies and they will stop at nothing to destroy us. Such as Firemane. The bodies of these poor unfortunate souls have decayed too strongly, but we will give them new ones: Bodies of metal, covered by synthflesh. We will upload their consciousness into mechanical shellls."

Enyo was naive, but not foolish. "You mean HRDs? You're going to turn them into robots?" she seemed shocked.

"Let me explain, dear. Their memories and personalities will be intact. But they will never grow sick, age or become frail. It is an act of mercy."

"They'll still be the same? But will give them a choice? Even if they have their old personalities, they'll be machines without emotions." She remembered the little girl from earlier in the room.

"There will be a trade-off, yes. But I have cared for you and Phaedra since you woke up, haven't I? You cannot say that I do not care," Callisto pointed out logically. This actually resonated with the clone. "The medicine is harsh, but the patient requires it. We have the choice between letting these people suffer or offering them mercy."

Conflict was written across Enyo's features, but then she nodded. "I...understand. I don't like it, but I see your point." She remembered the wretched people in one of the slave pens Archangel had liberated. They had been barely recognisable as human beings. "It may improve things for them. They will no longer have to be afraid or suffer under the jackboot. I guess this one of those hard choices things you told me about, right?" The question was obviously rhetorical. "So what do you need me to do?"

"Help calm them. HRDs have....some difficulty emphasising. Many patients trust you. We can make the transition as painless as possible. Can you do this for us?"

The answer was obvious to the girl. Little did she know that she was taking another step into darkness. "Yes. But I want to see for myself how this process works and what becomes of them afterwards. They deserve that much."

"Of course, dear. Archangel is giving you a great responsibility, Enyo. For later on...there's a certain group of slavers that needs our attention." The droid turned away, making further preparations. Enyo was left aone with her thoughts. She really wanted to believe...but some doubts remained.

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
Allies Involved: [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

Setzi also felt a peculiar wash of the Force over her from [member="Rasu Gan"] but could not put her finger on it. It was true that as a Sith Lord, she'd taught the Jedi Master's daughter, using one of her sithspawn even, but the feeling wasn't acute or precise enough to make that connection. She only felt at this time the strange feeling that she wanted to get to know Master Gan better. The brunette padawan had daughters herself; both could have been Sith as well, but she didn't know their whereabouts at this present time. Doubtless their father knew either, or even cared for that matter.

Nodding at Thurion and then at his wife, who'd just arrived - she would finally get to meet the illustrious Coci Heavenshield - Setzi also noticed a platinum padawan who was also part of the contingent.

The padawan raised her eyebrows at Master Harrison when he suggested she stay back, knowing he realized full and well that it would be hard for Setzi to hang back from any fray, but again she did not want to disobey him, and rather than feel as though he were being overly protective (as Krux Mullarus had been at times), she reasoned that it had been quite a long time since she had been in an assault like the one that was planned. How she would fare in the light was anyone's guess, but Setzi was sure she would not lapse back into darkness.

"I'm happy to take my orders from Master Heavenshield… both of them," she said, giving another nod to Coci. "Tell me what to do and how to help, and I will do just that."

She bit her tongue next because she really didn't want Connor to go out there guns-a 'blazing, but this was their life. She was a full-fledged Jedi now, and like it or not, it’s what she'd been raised to do all along. She'd only taken the most circuitous way there.

Objective: 'Into the Hornet's Nest
Allies: [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Barinthus E`ron"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

As their plan began to form, Rasu took a moment to step back and prepare herself for what would be a tough battle. While she was sure the odds were definitely not in the Sanctum's favour, the Shi'ido had faith in the abilities of her team mates. The Jedi had come against similar odds and found themselves victorious and if one could face an army of Sith, then Rasu was confident they could handle a band of thugs. However while she attempted to console herself, the Jedi could not shake the feeling of dread that lurked over the facility. The warning in the Force was clear however she did not know how to act on it.

Her attention turned to her Padawan as he joked with her. Her apprehension dissolved as the woman turned to smile at her student.

"I really do try." Replying in a similar joking manner. "But joking aside Barinthus, don't leave my side. I don't know what we will face in this skirmish, but I want you safe. Iella would haunt me for the rest of my long years if I let anything happen to you." She had watched Barinthus grow into a capable young Jedi, but no manner of confidence or skill could prepare one for the unknown and Rasu would rather be overprotective in this situation. This day would not be one to use as a lesson or for heroics. Placing a comforting hand on the young man's shoulder, Rasu squeezed softly. "Just be safe, and don't do anything foolish." Her eyes now returned to the rest of the party, awaiting the signal to begin their assault.

[member="Rasu Gan"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"]
12/38

He was looking at his master and there was a whole lot of things here but she worried about him and it was sweet but she was at times like another mother when he was looking towards Setzi who was new and she had not met her before as he looked over towards the girl. She seemed strange and there was that part of his blood that boiled a little being here in the thick of possible combat and it was a naturally aggressive state for his father and he knew his sister should feel the same way while he was standing there. "Oh alright, I'll stay with you." She was looking at everything there with a small nod of his head touching the saber on his hip while he was ready for anything they would be doing with a fight here and there. "So do we have a plan though... I know my dads would be smash everything but he is one of the few who can pull it off."

Kessel Sector
On Ground

Objective 1 ~ 'Into the Hornet's Nest'

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

(6)

page-divider.png

Théo had remained silent for the most part of the conversation to form the plan, the masters with plenty of experience and wisdom between them all to find the best possible solution, however he did have one thing to add "If we cut off the head of the 'snake', the body will collapse and wither", a lovely little metaphor to say the least, but he was sure they would all glean his meaning. "My experience, as limited as it is, is that with criminal types there is no loyalty to the leader and are only there for the gain of credits and if the heat is placed upon them it will be 'each man for himself', with the leaders out of the picture they will not know what to do and revert back to their natural mind set and get the Hades out of here".

No doubt the leaders would be hold up in the main building and would send their lackeys out to do the dirty work when the Sanctum hit. However, Théo approached Master [member="Connor Harrison"], a man he knew since a young boy and had even trained with the master with sabers, "Master Harrison I would like to help you if I may". The time had come to move out, and he would await his first order.

Kessel Sector
On Ground

Objective 1 ~ 'Into the Hornet's Nest'

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

(7)

page-divider.png

With plans in place, it was time to move. Thurion, to the mines and free the slaves, Connor to take control of the landing pad and remove the walkers, "I will go and have a little chat with the leaders", she suspected that there would be a strong influence of the old Hutt Cartel here and Hutts are tricky at the best of times. This would require her and who would wish to come with her, to operate with stealth to be able to infiltrate the facilities to find the leaders hiding in their quarters.

"Hello Padawan Lunelle, it is a pleasure to meet you finally. If your master wishes, I would like you to accompany me to the facilities", she looked toward Connor with the gaze of a Jedi Shadow, Use whatever force necessary to take the landing pad, just leave it in a condition for our ships to land upon when the fleet arrives, but whatever you do do Connor make it loud. I am going to need the leaders distracted to enter in the 'back door'. She spoke to his mind as a comrade of the shadows and with a touch of mirth.

Before Coci moved out, she approached her husband and laced her fingers through his. "Just be careful will you? I doubt those mines are going to be safe". She managed a weak smile before placing a kiss on his lips and through her kiss her love for him poured. "I love you, did you know that?", she said for his ears only and with a knowing smile. However, she turned to her son, and although she wanted him to come with her or Thurion, he is old enough now to stand alone. His training would see him through it all but a mother is always a mother until the day she dies, she fussed over the collar of his shirt, just like she would do with Thurion at times, "Just .. just be careful .. ", she disregarded Théo's look of embarrassment.

It was time to move out.. "Setzi, if you are coming with me, stay close".

From their present position to the right is a bank of rock and boulders that would provide them cover enough to get to the back of the main facility. Coci would disappear from view of the others weaving her way through the large boulders and climbing the ridges. It was not a vast bank by any means and they had to be careful to not be sighted by the enemy, so time and patience was required, as they would have to pause when the patrol passed close by their location. Eventually she found a good spot in order to wait until Connor provided the needed distraction so they could enter. However if that was not to come, a heavy hand would be the back up plan and they would take out the patrol, if the distraction worked the patrol would leave their post.

Objective: ‘Into The Hornet’s Nest’
Allies Involved: [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | All Silver Sanctum
Allies Involved: Kessel Pirates & Crime Lords

Connor lowered his eyes for a second away from Setzi, that pang of guilt again hitting him - was he risking her life being her, or simply worrying too much and holding her back? Force knows he always made the worst decisions, but he couldn't afford to now when it came to her.

Young Heavenshield snapped him out of his daze, and followed his willingness to help the Master with a pat on the shoulder.

”Good to see you Théo. You look well. Now let's take this fight to them shall we? They won't know what hit them.”

With a warm smile, he nodded and looked to Coci, nodding at her silent communication and assurance her son would be safe with the man who once tried to kill her. Oh, how the past holds many amusing tales to tell!

”He'll be fine, Coci. I promise.” He glanced to Setzi and couldn't help falter his smile a little. Why was he worried? What was he feeling guilty about? ”Take care, Setzi. Give 'em hell.”

He patted Théo's arm again and turned, moving away from the group and his growing anxiety to focus on starting the party.

”Ok, we have six Rangers across the way ready to take the other side. I'll give the word and they'll provide the noise opposite us, so they'll be split as to where they focus on, and we have the element of surprise. That should start giving the others the time they need.”

Connor crouched down more the further he made his way down towards the facility and opened the signal on his com.

”Ranger Six, this is Connor. Ready to begin. Take out the walkers first. We're heading to take the landing pads and block the runway.” He nodded to the young Heavenshield beside him. ”Make it loud, make it proud and watch my back. I'll have yours, and we'll bring this place down and be back to Voss in time for dinner.”

Sliding the blaster rifled around to his front and taking off the safety, he held his arm and watched until the walkers turned to make their return patrol in line of the Rangers.

”Ranger Six, open fire!”

And the battle to take the runway and cripple the facility began in a glorious surprise rain of fire from above thank to the six Rangers.

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
(13)

Deep inside the probably excessively grandiose fortress, a mighty Hutt was holding a war council. Predictably, the conference room was also needlessly large and grandiose, for he was the sort who needed to show off his power.

A holographic projection of the asteroid-shaped planet displayed the frontline. Alas, the present outlook was not ideal, though the situation still seemed salvageable. At least this was what he hoped and his minions better agree. Otherwise he would put their heads on pikes for all to see, then find more competent ones. The great and mighty lord was surrounded by his commanders, courtiers and some droids.

One of his Trandoshan commanders was elaborating on the state of affairs. "The enemy has been able to establish a bridgehead on the planet and is pushing towards our main facility on a wide front," he explained.

"Many of our men are out of commission because of the Plague. Contrary to expectations, few Jedi are trying to help sick civilians, so they're not unnecessarily distracted. The Coalition fleet has blockaded the planet. Uos' mansion was destroyed. We suspect Firemane terrorists."

Wegru the Hutt looked dismissive. Or at least he was trying to. "This is just a minor setback. Our forces are well-equipped with walkers and heavy weapons. Grukh's assault will bring it under control and break the blockade. Then we will parade the invaders on the slave market," he declared, making a vague etcetera gesture.

The Trandoshan officer swallowed, looking rather nervous. "Your Worship...Grukh..."

"Grukh sent a message a few moments ago. He regrets to inform you that he could not mobilise sufficient forces. He wasn't able to launch a counterattack," another officer answered for the lizard.

For a long moment, there was silence. The Hutt balled his tiny hands into fists. "That was an order! I ordered Grukh to attack! I paid him a fortune. He would've been a nobody on Honoghr without me! Who do you think you are that you dare disobey an order from me? You have all been lying to me! Even the 'honourable' Noghri. My officers are just a bunch of contemptible, weak cowards."

"My Lord...the Noghri have always been..." Unbeknownst to anyone, one of the Noghri officers had cautiously and quietly slipped out of the room, leaving a briefcase beneath the table...

"You're a lot of cowards! Are you so scared? You think the Coalition dogs will cut you a deal? Or do you just want to cowardly return to the shadows until they lose this sector the first time someone attacks them? You are cowards, traitors and failures."

"My Lord...what you say is outrageous..."

"Perhaps we should contact the Sith Triumvirate."

"I am Wegru the Hutt! I do not beg for help. Not when I have an army between the enemy and me. I built this empire with my own blood, sweat and ears. I will not be intimidated by Jedi, Sith or anyone!"

Alas, he would never be able to finish his grand and now doubt inspiring rant because suddenly there was a loud explosion. For the record, this boom had no colour-coded wires because, contrary to what holovids tell you, only an amateur uses those. The blast shattered the room, creating a blinding light, thundering noise and choking smoke that clogged the air. A portion of the roof caved in and collapsed upon the attendants. Any Jedi or Force-users nearby probably felt that a lot of people had just died.

The grand table was broken. The Hutt was dead, so were most of his minions. Alas, this also included a number of slaves as collateral damage. Some were dead, others were maimed and in horrible pain. Hysterie and chaos broke out in the rest of the citadel as soon as the words 'The Grand Lord is dead!' spread like wild fires. For the time being, command and control had been thrown into disarray. Naamah was already at the garage by the time of the explosion. "Halt!" A crimson lightsabre, concealed until now, scythed down two guards and she quickly boarded a speeder, vanishing.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
[member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Joza Perl"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfD8d3XJok

Sorel received the message and it was all she could do not to roll her eyes. Being told to meet planet-side was almost as bad as being told you'll be met at the planet - when the person doesn't tell you which planet.

She hastily composed a reply.

"Please confirm which location planet-side. Once I have the coordinates, I shall travel there immediately."

She held the Holocron in her hand and spoke to the gatekeeper. "Our Soresu training will have to continue later Master Luminara. But I thank you for your guidance thus far. Defence has always been a weak point for me and I plan to master all of the Forms in time for their respective strengths."

The image of the Jedi Master winked out and Sorel awaited a response.

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
(14)

She had made her escape and dumped the speeder. No need for it anymore. Likewise, she no longer wore the Noghri's face. Instead it was the face of Kaja Hart. The blockade was still in force and fighting was ongoing, so it was bes to lay low.

So she made her way through dark alleyways. The streets were mostly deserted. It was like a ghost town. Naamah appreciated the peace and quiet, though she hated the circumstances that caused it. Naturally, the inner voice refused to leave her alone with her thoughts. So you blew up the big Hutt? Congrats! You're a hero. You also murdered a couple slaves. Those poor unfortunate souls.

Do you have a point to make?

Tetchy, aren't we? I'm not judging, sweetie. If they were so weak to let themselves be caged, they deserved it. I remember the good old days.

Not that type of person anymore.

Verily. You're not a monster etc. Instead you're a mopey mess. Tell me, why do you carry on? You're miserable all the time. You're just looking for someone to hold a blaster to your head and pull the trigger.

Maybe I just want to piss you off. And be better than the psychopathic girl-child I used to be.

You're a poster child for truth, justice and Corellian way. Or maybe it's something more down-to-earth. Like...a woman. It always came down to her, doesn't it?

Feth off.

Kaja, Livia...Sameen...so many names, so many faces. All meant to hide who and what you really are: Naamah Aesham. Hell broke you. I remember a time when you were free, beautiful and unrestrained. Do you remember that Padawan we tortured...

The thought was cut off when the ground trembled. The artillery roars were distant, but no less ominous. However, the Clawdite's mind was not on the far away battle, but on what she saw when she rounded a corner.

The cries coming from inside a shelter were unmistakeable, wracked with pain, agony and intense suffering. The building was ablaze, a mess of fire and rubble. Perhaps it had been caused by bombardment, perhaps the infected had caused this. The cause was not really important. So Naamah assumed what anyone would, namely that someone was trapped inside.

Stars, hell really did a number on you, girl. Are you that eager to kill yourself? Maybe you're taking the whole death by fire is the purest death line a bit too literally. For once, the brunette picked an unselfish path and bolted towards the building.

Acrid smoke filled the air, but Naamah kept moving, following the cries for help. It occured to her that she should have really kept the guard's helmet. Bodies lay across the floor. Some were normal sentients, others infected. Finally she came to a door, the knob warm to the touch. This should have been a warning for her. She rammed her boot into the door, kicking it open and was met with a hot blast of air and a room on fire.

In the far corner, huddled and trapped by debris, rested a young Rodian woman, who'd been pinned down. "I'm here to help, I promise," she spoke over the noise of the fire, trying to sound reassuring. Help? And not devour her afterwards?

Fire embraced her like an old friend. It ate through her clothes and singed her skin, heating it to a nearly intolerable level. Pain surged through her body at the fiery embrace, but she pressed on. Basic tutaminis did what it could to shield her and keep her from being consumed. It was all rather instinctual, since she lacked the ability to focus.

Panting heavily, she drew upon the Force and pulled the beam away from the alien woman. Her body was baked in sweat and she could feel herself getting drained, but she managed. Fires were surging towards them. Running out of time, Naamah scooped the frightened woman up and leapt. A window was shattered by her and they jumped out.

It was Naamah who hit the ground, absorbing the brunt of the fall. Ouch. For a moment or two she was dazed. "Y-you saved me. Thank you," the Rodian looked grateful and out of breath. She also clearly needed medical attention.

Naamah's head hurt a lot. She was also covered in burns. The woman took a deep breath, trying to stifle a very familiar craving. An intense hunger. No, no. No. You remember the rush, don't you? Hell made you go cold turkey, but the cravings are always there. And, oh, you're kind of surrounded. Suddenly several of the infected appeared out of the shadows. Once they had been humans, till they got infected by darkside rabies. Now they were just rabid creatures. They hissed and screeched like beasts, their eyes glowed. They were also armed with a variety of weapons.

Choices, choices. You can't fight them all. Not after you just exhausted yourself. But she's...got life force left. Maybe if you're careful she'll even survive it. And if not, better dead than turned. Sickly green and yellow light began to manifest inside the palms of Naamah's hand..."Get out," she yelled at the frozen Rodian woman. Shaken out of her paralysis, she ran away as quickly as she could with a damaged leg. The ghoulish creatures charged Naamah.

Objective 4: Play Diplomat
Allies: [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Post #7

Joza nodded in affirmation, relaying Orihime’s response to their mutual. As they descended towards the planet, the Knight swept her eyes towards the curve of Honoghr before turned back towards Orihime. The Falleen halfling had expressed that she wished for Joza to keep her mothers’ quarrel under wraps, a flicker of sadness in her eyes before bouncing back. Some people often mistook cheerfulness for innocence, or reserved for only those who had an easy life free of hardship. But it took a certain strength to choose to be happy in spite of painful circumstances.

“Of course, Orihime. I won’t tell a soul.” She reached out and placed a hand on the Padawan’s shoulder, squeezing softly with a gentle smile. The console pinged again, a follow-up message from Sorel. “Ah! I forgot to send her the coordinates. Silly me.” Quickly punching in the numbers that would denote the exact location of the dock, the Zeltron arose and smoothed out her ornate robes, admiring the pretty fabric for a moment. “Yes, let us go meet our potential new allies.” Her lips upturned into an encouraging smile, though perhaps it was a little bit for herself as well.

Objective 4:
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]
12/38

Looking at Joza with a nod of her head as they were ready to go and meet new allies, new friends and for all of the things they could do when she started walking. The padawan was excited about it working with Sorel as the coordinates were sent to get the other padawan to join them and Orihime stretched her arms out wide offering a small smile on her face though when she was moving with a small amount of enjoyment at the idea of working with them. "Alright then lets go and meet up with Sorel so we can go meet the new peeps and then endear ourselves to them with the right moves." She had more of the ideas about how to work with them to get involved in the bigger aspects of things.

Post 1 of 35
Objective 2/5: "Bad Romance"

The boy's feet slid across the floor.

The Nautolan youth's head-tails hung just past his shoulders, whipping back and forth as the teen moved with a grace that seemed both beautiful and supernatural. Stopping, the boy planted his feet as he rocked his hips in time with the rhythm of the music trickling down over his head-tails from out out of the headset that was intertwined with the thick, cord-like lekku. The feet plied backward, as the boy moonwalked and swayed.

His eyes were shut.

He could hear the sound of his own breathing.

The beats resonated up his head-tails and down his spine like a shiver.

Each moment, one second to the next, was like an eternity. And In between were those finite, precious moments within moments in which it seemed that all else faded away until it was just one Nautolan boy versus the universe.

The boy rolled his shoulders back, kicking his head back, sending his head-tails fanning out like a spiked halo around his head as a flash of light cast a red shadow across his face.

Snapping back to his feet, the Nautolan executed a pirouette, stepping in and around as an explosion of sparks seemed to leap out from the wall and the floor simultaneously.

His whole life, people had tried to tell him what the Force was. How to be still, to just be quiet and listen to the Force.

His whole life, he'd tried to tell them... just how wrong they were. The Force was an experience. It was a tango. It was hip-hop. It moved. In mysterious ways perhaps, but it moved. Constantly changing, frequently switching partners or rhythms, but never still.

A flash of bright, pearlescent white light swung upward, as the boy brought the curved baton up in a wide-sweep of his arms as he seemed to jump back. Riptide's brilliant blade sent rainbows scattering across the caves, as the white light struck the glitterstem webs and was scattered as if by a prism.

It would be impossible to determine the point at which the dance ended and the fighting began. With fluid, graceful and nuanced motions, the Nautolan teen weaved in, through, and around the strikes of red-bladed lightsabers. A Mirialan woman and a boy that was close in age to the Nautolan the partners in the dance battle that was unfolding within the confines of the cave.

Surrounded by the rainbows forged by his own blade, the Nautolan boasted a smile that threatened to split his face in two as he continued to dance on.

Objective 5
13/38

She had moved down to the planet and found a place she could work and begin setting up medical stations for them to work on the different things. between what she could get from Sakura there was a few healers and medical workers setting up. They had masks and gear on to keep all of the infected they could in a place to work on them. She had the synthetic cube in her hand when she pushed the force energies into it and outwards to start working on them as she was focusing the force energies into the proto-mesh and letting the protective qualities rebound it and collect what she was exuding when it went to her hand holding the cube making it glow before it went over an area of effect same as the healing crystal in her hand that she was working with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom