Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under 12 Parsecs [SSC Dominion of Kessel Hex]

Objective 4:
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]
17/38

Orihime was looking at Sorel and about to answer when Joza did and laid it out. The zeltron was a knight and one fo the main ones who should be leading them as she thought about it and gave a small grin then a nod of agreement about the plan. Meeting with them they would have to walk that line of being prim and proper but not being overly so as the transport was coming and she could see them. They weren't the most appealing but they had skills and their ability to moe with stealth was dangerou sna dlegendary asmany had learned thoughout the centuries. "I am ready for us to continue." Orihime made sure everything with the proto-mesh looked straight and proper as she could feel the force energies radiate off of it but also contain within it from the protective mesh synthweave. Others were out there testing ti as well as she offered a smile on her face. "Lets go and impress them I hope."

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Objective 2
Allies: [member="Charlyra Araano"], [member="Audren Sykes"], Firemane Troops
Enemies: Smelly rabid creatures
4/35?

The rest of the Firemane soldiers and Nima leading in the front, they continued to walk towards the coordinates that the green Twi’lek gave to them. She realized she forgot to ask her name but of course, there were more important things to discuss other than proper meetings. They would learn each other better when all this was done. Anyway, the road to the deep mines were indeed very dangerous, but awfully quiet at the same time. She would even think that was a trap if these beasts weren’t mindless. “Be careful, we are getting near to the target and I feel this little silence will break very soon.” Being in contact with Firemane very frequently, some of the soldiers knew her so it was easier communicating. Some of them wouldn’t want a Jedi to lead them but of course she was the only one with a lightsaber here for now. It could change very soon as she was used to surprises.

The sight of the mines entrance was a horrible one, there were shadows all around between her group and it, shouts and cries could be heard, and there were black clouds right on. It looked like a typical villain castle, and it meant there was nothing natural going here, proving the thoughts right. It would be the job of some outer Force, and looking at the sight, it would be no one else than the Sith. She could guess what was their reason to attack, in such a time like this. It was no coincidence after all, but she never believed coincidences anyway, everything happened for a reason.It was a courageous act, right after the battle of Ruusan, but maybe it was the chance that they were waiting for. A slight wrong move and those Sith would have a thousand reasons to strike back. Anyway, lost in thoughts, she immediately returned to the real world as she heard her comm beeping. It was Charlyra, hearing her voice made her feel better, as better as it could be in this strange planet! “Charlyra! You okay?” She asked. One thing she said made her immediately concerned about her whereabouts.

“Charlyra, I sent at least 10 men to assist you. What do you mean there are only two?!” Her tone was alerted. Wherever she was, she would be in danger and that was indeed a very bad thing. Her alert tone continued. “There’s something going on there, be extra careful. I have a bad feeling about this.” Then added. “Should I....there... and... *static* ...lyra... *static* ” She shouted in anger. The communications cut suddenly, as the shadows were getting more and more angry. So, that was probably what happened to the researcher as well! The presence of the Dark Side could be felt more and more clearly each second, probably effecting the soldiers as well. She, collecting the Force around her, created some kind of Mind shield for a limited time for the whole group. And then the first contact started as one of the Firemane soldiers opened fire, the others following afterwards, Nima activating her lightsaber joined them as well. “Don’t let them bite you!” She ordered! That would be pretty bad, their numbers were not the best right now and losing more could be problematic. Luckily, the whole group wasn’t attracted to them, only a handful of them understood there were some not familiar signatures here.

Leaving Ice in the ship was indeed a good thing, looking at these things! She just hoped that he would listen this time!... Hopefully... But, Ice was being his rebel self and he already left the ship, smelling around and moving towards Charlyra as Nima clearly ordered to not follow her, yet she didn’t say anything about following Charlyra, right? And of course, Ice wasn’t the type to just sit around and wait. He loved action!

((OOC: Ice is coming towards you, so feel free to NPC him as you want :D))

Objective: 'Big Trouble in Little Kessel'
Allies Involved: [member="Taiden Keth"] | [member="Charlyra Araano"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | 6-man squad of Rangers, 2 investigators

The Sephi had stabilized himself, he was good to go. The Dark Side was still there, it would still be affecting him, but he was no longer going to keel over because of it. It was under control. Apparently Charlyra hadn't gone through the same thing, nor had the Rangers or Firemane soldiers. Both made sense: the Rangers weren't Force sensitive, and he assumed the Firemane soldiers weren't either. And Charlyra, she was already a Dark Side user anyways. She claimed it was suffocating, but if that were the case she was holding her own far better than he had.

As he looked around, Audren saw the blast-pocked remains not far away. He heartily agreed with Carlyra's recommendation to prepare for battle and as a result pulled his carbine and extended the stock for stability. Something, maybe a hint from the Force, made him look around. The hill ahead of them was pockmarked with holes, and from these holes issued a number of creatures. It was too far away to be certain, but he thought that there were some with fur and some without. They looked fast and dangerous, and there were a sight more than two of them this go-round.

"I think you're right."

The Rangers didn't wait for the creatures to start their charge, they started shooting. The Jedi held off, however. Not only was his gun not built for such ranges, he wasn't exactly the greatest shot. Give him a scope and a second or two and he'd hit his target, but nothing near what the Rangers could. Instead, he delved into the Force. His interpretation of the force was of threads and cables; darker or lighter based on alignment, coloration based on emotion. It was difficult, but he could detect the threads of influence through the rest of the Dark Side present. There were several origins, each slightly different than the other, each controlling a maximum of ten creatures.

His attention returned to the here as one of the hairless creatures closed to about fifteen meters. A single squeeze of his blaster's trigger sent three bolts at the creature, one burning through the back of its throat via open maw, the other two burning into the skin. Mass and momentum kept it moving, even dead, and when it finally stopped it was a mere five meters away. At least two dozen of the creatures lay still on the ground...if they sent this many outside, imagine what they had inside.

"The ones directing the creatures are near the top of the mine. A second group towards the bottom, can't tell what they're doing."

His blaster barked again, dropping one of the furred ones. Simple enough to do when hitting them in the head, which itself was doable with the Force enhancing reflexes. Yet they couldn't just wait for the Primeval to run out of their pets, captors were rarely merciful to their victims when time was running out.

Kessel Sector
On Ground - Landing Pad

Objective 1 ~ 'Into the Hornet's Nest'

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

(10)

page-divider.png

She did not have to wait long for the loud distraction that would help to draw attention to the landing pad. Coci watched the patrol from behind one of the larger boulders on the bank, they looked at each other in confusion before one of them yelled barking orders to check it out. If they could not see the roaring fire over the roof of the facility, they would certainly smell it, the toxic aroma spewing all around the area filling the air full of pollution. Two of the patrol men took off around the corner in a run, but not until the sound of blaster fire did the others leave their post and went to join the fight. No doubt once they realised that Jedi are on ground, the fight would become interesting. Some would flee, not wishing to be caught up the Sanctum and head for the barren plains on ground speeders but others would remain those that had a deep seated hatred for the likes of Jedi or the Sanctum. Regardless of their motives, the 'back door' was clear.

The facility was a large solid building with little to no access save for one back door, the only windows are on the second floor and high above ground. Coci did not have time to cut her way through the wall, and there is no scaffolding or safety exit, the only way in was up. She ran to the building reaching the wall and raised her gaze to the roof, her legs pulled the force to them as she bent her knees before propelling herself up and landing on the roof. On the roof are two vents, one of them to small for even she to crawl through, the other would be big enough however it was expelling a thick smoke that would chock her in seconds.

Coci walked along one of the support beams, her eyes scanning the roof for any sign of wear and tear or weakened area from fatigue. The presence of sentient beings could be detected below one of the area, lower in the facility, and she suspected it would be the Hutt. Her purple blade ignited, and with a deft flick of the wrist she plunged the blade into the metal of the roof. It would not take her long to cut a whole for them and before the metal piece fell to the floor behind, Coci's telekinetic grasped lifted it to lay gently on the roof. Once clear to enter, Coci jumped through the new entrance.

Objective: ‘Into The Hornet’s Nest’
Allies Involved: [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | All Silver Sanctum
Allies Involved: Kessel Pirates & Crime Lords

The chaos ensured, Connor looked up at Théo’s alert, and craned around the side of the landing pad, still very much aware of the fountain of flame across the way acting like a big beacon to their position.

”I see ‘em,” he shouted.

The problem with slaves to those pulling the leashes is that they were expendable assets. Slavery was rife, and so was the spice and drug trade. If a dozen fell today, two dozen more could be corralled elsewhere for a cheap price and broken dreams. However right now they were bargaining tools; the suspects would know things were heating up – literally – and so they had innocent lives in their hand to barter with the Jedi; the soldiers of light, truth and honour.

Or so the old cliché of Jedi went, according to Connor.

Right now, only the Rogue Master and the Heavenshield Knight had direct control of this situation before them, and it was a tough call. There was one idea he had however that just may work.

” Théo,’” he called up, ”deflect anything you can to keep them on their toes and draw fire. But be careful! When their shooting stops, make you move in for the slaves to free them.”

Hopefully Théo would understand and know when to move; Connor dropped his rifle to the floor and peered around at the ship with disembarking slaves, various species and sexes looking like prisoners. The gunmen were covering their tracks as they headed back to the facility for another route out. But Connor had a trick up his sleeve that Taeli Raaf had introduced him to. Disarming of armed foes without the need for violence, which was a surprise.

Gearing himself up, Connor amplified his speed with a burst of Force energy and ran out from the landing pad, weaving across the dusty, debris strewn terrain keeping low and using the small fires and metal as cover until he appeared through a plume of smoke like a strange vision before the gunmen.

Connor acted in that split second and held out his hands, focusing on the armed suspects and their blasters and amplified the heat energy within. Like he had done on the small heater in training, taking the unstable elements and increasing their mass and energy with the Force to dangerous levels which caused it to short and explode.

It worked on the rifles, the barrels of each gun smouldered and the butts exploded in a small bang and fizzle of flame as the energy inside was too much to contain thanks to Connor’s Force amplification.

As the gunmen took their moment to yelp, cry in pain and be startled, that would be the signal for the brave Heavenshield to move forward.

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
(17)

"No."

"She was working on an anti-forcer virus. Something that would break down beings with the genetic marker for Force-Sensitivity, at a cellular level. To put it plainly, it would turn you into a pile of sludge within a matter of minutes, completely destroyed. There would be no cure or even time for it."

"Maker's breath. Who'd you know this?"

"I'm afraid the Maker has nothing to do with this. Mirien told me. I suppose she didn't see the need to fill you in? A pity." Naamah really hated it, but she could not suppress the expression of hurt on her face. "And that isn't all. According to my sources, Archangel has been gathering Force artefacts. Madeline already created a Force clone before. I suspect she'd do it again."

"To kill Force-users while her mechanical bosses plot to wipe them out. That's...sick."

"And potentially self-destructive for them. Their plans aside, they killed too many of our family for us to spare them. Madeline must die, so must Moira Skaldi."

"Yes, they must. They must all burn."

"Will you join me then? We can have our revenge and...I can help you with your addiction."

The familiar hunger stirred inside Naamah. Hell had made her go cold turkey because she'd been unable to use the Force there, but now that she was outside of it, it was more difficult to control her cravings. Fortunately, Force Drain was a lot more difficult for her to use. "If you want to take a swing at Archangel, I'll help you," she said at last, taking a deep breath. "But I'm going to be your minion. Sorry for making you waste your time with a sales pitch."

Sumiko's eyes narrowed. "That is unfortunate. You're making a mistake, sister," she said coldly. Would she kill her? Naamah found herself not caring much either way.

"Probably," Naamah shrugged with an air of indifference. "You think I'm blind and don't realise what that ring on your finger is? You think dark artefacts like that come without a price. It's not just a tool, it's an evil spirit. And what is this place really about? I saw bodies when we came in. You're studying the rabies, aren't you? Don't tell me you want to weaponise that chit."

"Certain sacrifices are as unavoidable as they are necessary, dear. And I don't think you're in a position to lecture me about ethics. Not after going on a killing spree to satisfy your sadistic urges. Or playing with the artefacts and spirits of the Bando Gora."

This was true. She was probably the last person who could make a moral judgement. "Yeah. I was a sick monster. I'm open about it. It's still wrong. But if you don't want to listen, fine. What are you going to do now, sister? Kill me?"

To Naamah's surprise, Sumiko actually looked offended. "No," she said flatly. "You're still one of us." One of the Inquisition. "Don't confuse me with a moustache-twirling cliche villain who kills out of pettiness. I will let you go." Then she suddenly touched Naamah's temples with both her hands. "Of course, I must take a precaution. There will be no damage to your psyche." Then she imprinted her will upon the Clawdite's mind.

Naamah could not hope to successfully resist her. Even if she had not been exhausted, it would have been futile. There had been a time when the two were on an equal level, but that was before hell. Now Sumiko was a master and she was depowered. The only thing resisting would accomplish was permanent brain damage. So she let herself go, retreating into her safe place while she let Sumiko take what she wanted. It was like deleting data from a computer's hard drive.

Naamah forgot about the location of Sumiko's hideout and about seeing any of the infected. She also forgot about the ring the Atrisian carried with her. What remained was being saved by her former comrade and hearing about Archangel's nefarious schemes. The experience was draining and she felt herself growing more and more tired, before she fell unconscious. When she awoke, it would be in an alley close to the dilapidated spaceport. Once again she was alone.

Kessel Sector
On Ground - Landing Pad

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

(11)

page-divider.png

Théo's head dodged to the side as a bolt for a blaster whizzed passed his head, the heat of the bolt felt on the skin of his cheek yet he paid it no mind. "Alright Master Harrison, understood", he would take the lead from the master Jedi.

As Théo moved to the right, drawing the fire away from Connor's direction, Well I had better live up to my name, he mused with some degree of amusement, But I am Shield of Heaven not Harrison. His white blade moved in a blur, the strength in his power Valkyri arms coming into play and each of the bolts deflected either when back to it's origin when it did not endanger the slaves or sent away fizzing out of harms way. The ripples through the force informed him Connor had gone, one minute he had been standing close to him the next he was by one of the disabled ships. What the master had in mind was yet to be clear to him but no doubt patience would reveal that soon enough.

However, the thugs that had existed the facility joined in the attack and more and more bolts came his way. Théo let out a yell of pain as one of the bolt found it's way through his defenses and struck the side of his thigh, burning the skin and leather on his trousers. It had not been a direct hit, but the injury was enough to cause him to need cover. He threw himself behind a large piece of debris and laid on his back, he allowed himself a quick moment to inspect his leg, he could see the bare flesh burned and the leather melted to it, the pain was almost unbearable but using the force he pushed that away from his mind in order to regain focus. He had to, lives depended on him now.

The sound of bolts hitting the metal debris echoed loud in his ears, he would not be able to simply stand up and rejoin the fight, there would be a sight trained on his location just waiting for him to do so. Looking around beside him and around, he noticed several pieces of metal debris scattered about, he knew where the enemy was, their positions like beckons through the force, and so he 'reached' for the debris and lifted it off the ground before sending it flying with such strength through the force, it smashed into the thugs taking them out. This gave him enough pause in the firing for him to come out of cover and move toward the slaves. His leg however, would test his mental fortitude.

But as if on cue the firing stopped and the sound of yelling filled the landing pad, Théo turned to see what had happened only to see the slavers dropping their weapons and some even yelling in pain looking at their hands. Théo made for them, running with a limp but soon he would be there to assist Master Harrison to disable the slavers.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
[member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Joza Perl"]

Sorel had limited experience of 'impressing.'

She racked her brains for what she knew of the Noghri, over and above what Joza had shared. She new they were primitive and humanoid. She also understood they were regularly employed as assassins due to their natural abilities of stealth and fighting hand-to-hand.

She also knew they were small, yet were still considered amongst the galaxy as formidable killing machines, having claws, fangs, and a sense of smell so acute, they could smell someone's bloodline.

So far the facts were less than positive. But she also knew they were much like the Wookiee species culturally, in that they respected honour above all else. And the Wookiees were a race she had plenty of dealings with.

"Oh, Noghri," she offered when told of the plan. "Should be fun." She smiled and it was hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or not.

Objective: 1 - 'Into the Hornet's Nest'
Allies: [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Whereas chaos ensued outside throughout the facility with blaster fire, explosions and yelling creating a mess of noise, the mines appeared to remain largely docile and removed from it all. Dull lanterns were scattered through the long, twisting tunnels, barely doing their job at lighting the safe way forward, and there was an eerie silence. Occasionally the faint voices of guard patrols could be heard echoing from afar, thus making them easily avoidable by the threesome of Jedi making their way down what seemed to be the main path through the mine.

"Work them harder! Our boys can deal with whatever is attacking us - meanwhile our orders are to have the shipment ready by tonight, and guess whose head will roll if it isn't?" A gruff voice belonging to one who would likely be identified as the foreman could be heard barking in the distance as they got closer to their goal, soon accompanied by various machinery filling the air with foul pollution nauseating to the senses. When suddenly one of the slaves approached them carrying a load far heavier than what the old man should be tasked with, Thurion made his presence known and pulled the elder aside.

The worker's face remained unchanged and unimpressed, staring blankly ahead and seemed more eager to return to his duties than to listen to what these three strangers had to say. "Do not be afraid, we're not with them," Thurion spoke with hushed voice, noting the absence of a will to live behind the man's eyes. He took the heavy crate from his hands and put it down on the ground, but when the old man attempted to take it back the Grandmaster gently placed both palms upon his cheeks, cupping his face and forcing him to look him in the eye. As the worker's eyes slowly widened and rational thought returned to him, Thurion began tilting his head to the side, and sure enough the elder did the same. "Y-you..."

Before the poor soul could finish his thought, Thurion's sense of immediate danger caused him to push the man aside as a blaster bolt grazed his shoulder, but not before the Grandmaster sent the guard flying into the closest cave wall with a push of the Force. "Sabers," he called out to Rasu and Barinthus, letting them know the battle was joined. Clutching his injured shoulder, Thurion hastily grabbed the old man - who had seemingly regained his sanity - by the collar of his ragged shirt. "Go free the others, quickly! We'll deal with the guards!" The slave nodded and rushed off, careful to avoid being detected by the slavers. The azure blade of Thurion's lightsaber lit up the surrounding area, humming its familiar tune. Shaking off the initial pain from his wound, he rose to full stature and brandished his Jedi weapon, easily deflecting the next blaster bolt.

Objective 4: Play Diplomat
Allies: [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Post #11

The ride into the capital city of Nystao was largely quiet. The Noghri representative sat across from the three women, the two guards stationed on either side of him. He stared at the trio for the duration of their journey, not bothering to hide the intensity of his analytical gaze. But he was not immediately hostile towards them, his sincerity being felt in the Force. He was simply wary, likely because of his people’s dealings with the Galactic Empire years ago, leaving a large part of the planet contaminated and inhospitable.

As they moved towards the center of the capital city, the Jedi would be treated to a glance of Noghri life—they skirted the edges of an outdoor market, bustling with civillians who all moved with a certain sure-footedness as if they had somewhere to be. They whizzed by a sparring arena of sorts, where native fighters were sparring with Stava—a martial art designed to make the Noghri the efficient killers they were. It was quick, acrobatic, and deadly.

GW0cEei.jpg
(Please ignore what looks like an execution. Aint gonna be none of that today.)

At last, the transport would stop in front of a large circular hut. The Noghri and one guard dismounted onto a ramp that would lead to a walkway, gesturing for the Silver Jedi to follow him. The remaining guard would not leave the transport until all three women had filed out, then took up the rear as they were led into the Grand Dukha.

Upon entering the hut, Joza, Orihime and Sorel would be greeted by the sight of thirteen distinguished male Noghri, each standing so that they formed a semi-circle around the perimeter of the hut. There was a chair near the center, but it was empty.

“Great Clan Dynasts, the Jedi representative from the Silver Sanctum Coalition have arrived.” He bowed as he spoke before backing out of the room, guards in tow. His job was done, and so he would disappear for now.

Silence hushed over the hut for a few long moments as thirteen pairs of eyes studied the trio of young women. Still, no derogatory words were spoken towards them due to their gender or apparent age. Perhaps it was the title of Jedi that earned a bit of unspoken respect, or perhaps the Noghri preferred to judge for themselves what they were like.

“Silver Jedi. Welcome to Honoghr.” One of the Noghri closest to them nodded, his voice a low, smooth bass. “We have been anticipating your arrival.”

Lowering her head in a brief nod, Joza spoke up to spearhead their little diplomatic mission. “I am Sanctum Knight Joza Perl, accompanying are Padawans Orihime Ike and Sorel Crieff.” She swept her hands to either side in indication of either woman, hoping that they didn’t mind that she’d taken over introductions for brevity’s sake. “We are honored to hold an audience with the Dynasts of Honoghr.”

Straightening out from her makeshift bow, Joza’s gaze swept over the Noghri leaders as they mumbled lowly to themselves before the conversation died down. Another Dynast, more towards the center, addressed them.

“Knight Perl, Padawan Ike, and Padawan Crieff.” The man was holding what resembled to be a walking stick, or perhaps a staff. He thumped it against the ground for emphasis. “How can the Sanctum be of benefit to us, the Noghri of Honoghr?” While not shouting, his voice was naturally strong and commanding. It was the type of voice that made heads turn and soldiers fall into line quickly.

Objective: 'Into the Hornet's Nest'
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Barinthus E`ron"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Immediately Rasu's spine tingled with danger sense as the tunnel opened to reveal the mine. She had trailed behind to defend the rear end of the trio, however as they continued deeper into the mines, the system soon confused the Shi'ido, finding she had to jog to keep with the pace of her fellow Jedi. Keeping her blades extinguished so not to attract attention, Rasu struggled to make out the forms of her Padawan and the Grandmaster in the dull light of the facility. Relying on the Force for sight and sound, she pushed on, ensuring the group were not revealed by any wandering patrol.

As the Grandmaster pulled the elderly man to the side, Rasu winced as she gazed on the frail form of the slave. The Jedi could not dull the sensation that boiled below her skin as she watched the slave come to grips with the situation that was being presented to him. However she was drawn from her thoughts as the sound of blaster fire echoed off the rock walls, followed by the voice of the Valkyri Jedi Master.

Turning abruptly, she witnessed the guard crash against the opposing wall before more blaster fire was shot in the direction of the three Jedi. Blades ignited, Rasu leaped to the aid of the Grandmaster, instinctively moving her weapons to catch and redirect the energy bolts that would do them harm. Several of the guards had flocked to their location, and the Jedi Master knew that more would be on the way. Something had to be done soon before they were overwhelmed.

Knowing that both men would be thinking the same, Rasu took the opportunity to break formation and leap into the fray. Giving the other two Jedi their chance to push forward, Rasu landed in the midst of the group, tracing her twin sabers in a complex pattern as bolts were deflected at a blurring speed. Wincing as shots began to slip through her defenses, she pushed out with the Force, sending a wave of energy to topple the guards to the ground. Shaken but not entirely out of the game, the Shi'ido leaped once more to land behind a stack of crates, deactivating her weapons to check on her wounds. Missing the armor plating she had left on the Oathkeeper, the woman winced as she poked the severe bruising that now plagued her hip. However she rose, ignoring the pain as she called on the Force to dull the minor torment. The fight had only begun, however as she watched the salves begin their escape, she knew that the Jedi need only distract them before they too could abandon the mines. Not an impossible task in the slightest.

Objective 4:
18/38

She was moving through it all, seeing the people, seeing how they fought before some of the interest came to her. "This is very intriguing." She was semi short compared to most people in the galaxy and they were using acrobatics to move around and fight hand to hand when finally they arrived her interest in looking around at all of them. She was listening to the ones there in front as each one seemed very impressive with her hands going in front her her as she clasped them together offering a small look. "Well aside from the normal help and benefits that come from being with us. We also have ships and equipment that is made for cleaning up worlds. I don't want it to seem like we are just coming in and saying you do everything wrong or have it seem like that but we can offer far more then just ships. Introduction to all new cultures and learning about the world."

Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Nima Tann"], [member="Taiden Keth"] ; 10 Firemane Soldiers, 6 Rangers, 2 Investigators. + Ice
Enemies: Really Dead Poodoo'd Face Things
Objective: Big Trouble in Little Kessel

Charlyra had no fething clue where the other Firemane soldiers were, but it they didn't make it soon; she hoped they found battle elsewhere. "Aye." She agreed with the Jedi Sykes, her hand did not hesitate as she went for her lightsabre tossing into a group of stragglers, taking it back with her hand. "If I wasn't I'd start to question my senses." She half-way joked but realized that if her mind ever decided to kark with her like that then she'd have to seriously take Master Kerrigan's offer about seeing someone. The two Firemane soldiers knelt at her side were good on their marks, and she could hear the pounding of paws coming from behind them.

"Ice?" She questioned and as if on cue, he leaped overhead in a defensive stance in front of Charlyra. "Ice!"

"Your ladyship." The rest of the soldiers Nima had dispatched finally arrived.

Lyra went to try and make contact with Master Tann. "Mast *Cerrrissh* Tann ... *Errwersh* ... Sold." Kark it, hopefully, that got through and if not then she would find a way to get back in contact with the Jedi Master, after they had rescued the padawan. With the first dozen creatures dispatched she turned and organized her forces. "Do not let them bite or touch you, if they do, pray for a swift death." There was no known cure at the moment, that would be up to Master Tann and whatever help or healing she could bring to these people.

Firemane soldiers in tandem with the Rangers opened slaughter on the creatures, while Lyra kept Ice back. "Ice, if they bite you ..."

There's a whine, he wants to help and then he barks. Something's bothering him about the lower level of the mine, the way he dances around Charlyra is unsettling. "Ice." She kneels to him, "are you going to be alright out here?" There's a confident bark, but Charlyra is still concerned. Standing back up she hears the Jedi speak. "We're too small a number to split our forces, we'll have to go through the top if we know there's someone up there."

"Although I don't like how Ice is reacting to whatever holds down on the bottom." She gestures toward it, the massive wolf doesn't cower but he's certainly hesitant about going down there. "What is it they say on the holos? What lies beneath?" She was really going to have to stop staying up late with the girls who watched all the silly holovids at night while they were supposed to be sleeping.

"If they sent that many to greet us, then there will be more, Ice are you sure you want to be here?"

He bounces up with glee.

"Remind me to have a word with your master about getting you properly barded if you are to be a warhound."

Ice places his front paws out and his tail in the air, happy for play, and perhaps at the idea of being more than just a happy pup on the ship being told to sit and wait. Charlyra pets him and some of the Firemane soldiers scratch behind his ear.

Charlyra turns to her ten soldiers, "protect him, let us not be the reason why Master Tann loses her faithful pup."

"Of course your ladyship." Sergeant Matthieus acknowledges, "we shall accompany you and Sir Ice. If your padawan is captured then I fear she may be held beneath, but you are correct we're no match if we split our forces."

She turns to Jedi Sykes, "you're the senior on this mission, I'll leave the decision to you Jedi."

Sorel Crieff

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Orihime Ike"]

Joza was taking the lead - which was quite natural, given she was a Knight and they were Padawans. Sorel respected the ranks of the Jedi and also believed in honouring anyone who spoke sense, which Joza was.

So, not wishing to undermine the 'ranking officer' and ensuring the hosts respected Joza, Sorel remained quiet throughout, simply nodding her agreement as statements were made and bowing when introduced.

Post #12

After listening to Orihime speak, the Noghri elders conversed among eachother briefly in Honoghran. Their voices were low, grumbling and hissing at times with the inflections of their native tongue.

We could use the aid in foodstuffs and medicine. Our harvest patterns have been unpredictable.

“The planets under their influence are well protected, I’ve heard.”

“Didn’t they invade Ruusan unprovoked? We do not want to bring war to our people!”

After a short while, their discussion would die out and another would address them in Basic, his voice soft and almost chilling…though one could not exactly call it gentle.

“We know all that we need to know about the worlds beyond Honoghr. Padawan Ike. That does not interest us.”

The centermost Dynast spoke up, his deep voice rumbling and bouncing off of the walls of the Grand Dukha. “We may be a simple people, but we are aware of what goes on in the galaxy. Especially what goes on close to home. Silver Jedi,” His staff thumped against the ground again, and it appeared that all thirteen Dynasts would cast a scrutinizing, reptilian gaze onto the humanoid trio. “Did you not invade Ruusan? Are the Jedi not the peacekeepers we’ve known them to be? We are not interested in your war.”

Joza inhaled slowly, considering their words while maintain a professional façade. “Ruusan is an important base of operations for the Sith Triumvirate. We invaded in order to strike preemptively, to deplete them of territory and resources before they spread their influence any further into the galaxy.” She paused for a moment, noting how a few hisses escaped their audience at the mention of Sith. Honoghr didn’t have a peachy history with Sith, considering how they’d rendered a large part of the planet inhospitable.

“Believe me, Great Dynasts, we would not lead such an assault unless deemed necessary. The Silver Sanctum Coalition aims to foster peace and protect, with the cost of raising our blades. The Sith Triumvirate is growing, and they will do what is necessary to try and swallow Honoghr in order swell their territory. Should they try to gain your favor, they will use every tactic to try and sway you into a false sense of security. I cannot say that they will not fulfil the promises that they make, but they would sacrifice your planet and your people in a heartbeat should it suit their needs. They are Sith, and Sith ultimately only look out for their own interests.”

Finished slandering the Sith Triumvirate, Joza was given a few minutes to ruminate on her own words while the clan leaders held another discussion in their native language. Perhaps she had laid it on a little thick—and perhaps the Triumvirate really did have similar aims to the Coalition, but the means did not justify the ends. Sith were Sith, and they would throw anyone—friends, allies, protectorates—under the bus to achieve their own goals.

Orihime and Sorel would have their chance to add in anything they’d like to say, before the Dynasts would turn back towards the Silver Jedi, falling eerily silent once more as they appraised the Jedi with analytical gazes.

“Very well, Silver Jedi. We will deliberate further. Go, explore Nystao. Get to know the city that you wish to protect so fervently.”

Sending a sideways glance to both Orihime and Sorel, Joza tilted her head in a bow. “Thank you for your consideration, Great Dynasts. We respectfully await your decision.”

As the trio would leave the hut to allow the Dynasts to discuss joining the Coalition, the Noghri guards from before would give them a passing glance. Once out of earshot, Joza let out a breath. “Man, those guys are serious. So who’s up for exploring the city?” She offered her two companions a smile, though some of the brightness faded as she thought she saw something from the corner of her eye.

As skilled as the Noghri were in sneaking, the Dynasts had sent a pair of skilled warriors to trail the Jedi and observe how they interacted with the natives.

Objective: ‘Into The Hornet’s Nest’
Allies Involved: [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | All Silver Sanctum
Allies Involved: Kessel Pirates & Crime Lords

As a detachment of Rangers came in from the runway, repelling any attacks on their gunship blocking the lane, Connor indicated to the punks with burnt hands and knew the soldiers would know what to do. Turning to look for Théo, he noticed the young warrior was limping and looking a little worse for wear.

His first thought was Coci berating him for putting her boy in danger.

”What have you done now?”

Turning into him with a supportive arm around his shoulder, he moved Théo to the waiting ship belonging to the slavers and sat him on the edge of the open hold with a nice breeze coming through the wind-tunnel blowing through the other end of the hold. He knelt and looked at the raw blaster wound.

”You did good out there kid. Nice deflection and control of the blade. You gave me valuable cover.”

Gently but forcefully tearing off a strip of burnt leather on Théo’s trouser leg to use as a makeshift gauze, Connor held his hand over the wound and looked up at him.

”This will hurt for a second.”

He pushed down into the wound and focused on the cells that he felt like electricity through the Force. Damaged cells he enhanced with the Force energy of the pair to speed up repair; the muscle that had been torn and the flesh that had been burnt. The wound would close a little, and the flesh and muscle strengthening. It would require more aid later, but for now it would suffice to rid the youth of continued pain; more now like a dull heavy ache.

”We’ve got to clean up outside the facility,” Connor said, dressing the wound with the leather, ”and then take down whatever’s going inside which I hope will be nearly under control. You ok to continue or do you need to sit this one out and help the Rangers here get these slaves out?”

Sorel Crieff

[member="Joza Perl"] [member="Orihime Ike"]

Sorel was sorely tempted to speak. Her views on the Jedi Code didn't precisely make her unpopular, but she was aware that much of what she thought and said made some people uncomfortable. Jedi never use the Force for attack. It was one of the basic tenets of the Code.

Yet she knew of those within the SSC that didn't follow the Code the way she did. She was also aware of Dark Jedi that served the coalition. So in truth, speaking up might actually take her down a path that might dissuade their hosts from supporting them. So she kept her lips sealed and continued to nod in accord with Joza's words.

Finally, they were on their own and Sorel sighed so loudly, it was as if she had been holding her breath for hours. "Sorry," she said, smiling. "I thought it best to have one voice. That tends to be how I speak with the Wookiees and so it made sense. They will respect you more Joza if they see you as having our voice as opposed to our own."

"Anyway, that was a little heavy, so yes...I'd love to go exploring." She shot Orihime a glance. "For a change," she added, giggling.

Objective 4:
19/38

Listening as she wanted to say something but refrained from it chewing her lower lip while Joa was speaking and getting it out there.. a little more diplomatically in the end then she might of. The attack on Ruusan was well it was what jedi needed to do at times to stop the sith. If they had just waited for the sith to swallow up dozens of worlds and enslave millions it would be that much harder and likely have slaves as human shields. Making what was done at Olomondo where they were destroying the ruins of their own city a galactic thing... At least on Ruusan things could be contained, at least it was desolate for the most part and lower population so people fighting and artillery would be less dangerous to civilians then if they had went into a city. As they finishe dup she joined Joza and Sorel outside with a small smile"I am up for exploring the city with you two." She touched the meshed kimono and the dreamsilk was so soft but she could feel the lightside pulsing off of it.

Post #13

Feeling a little better now that the heavy mood was lifting, Joza flashed her friends another smile. “No need to apologize, Sorel. I realize now that we didn’t really discuss our strategy, and that I sort of took things over…I hope it worked.” Stretching her arms overhead in a languid manner, the trio began to move into the busier city areas. “I want to make sure that we’re all on the same page, though. Do you guys have anything that should have been added? Orihime brought up a good point with helping them clean the contaminated part of their planet.” She nodded towards the Falleen halfling in mention.

Seeing as how they were wandering into the market district, Joza’s eyes landed on a stall selling native fruits. Curious as to what the local fare was and also a bit hungry, she breezed over and perused the wares for sale. “How much for this?” Holding up some sort of melon, the Zeltron addressed the Noghri woman behind the stall.

“Fifteen credits.” The response came swiftly, and Joza’s brows arched in surprise. Fifteen credits for a melon? That was pretty steep.

Kessel Sector
On Ground - Landing Pad

(12)

page-divider.png

Although Master Harrison's words were encouraging and appreciated, Théo's focus was on his wound gritting his teeth with each throbbing ache. He allowed Connor to set him down on the edge of the hold, only now did he take in a long breath out of relief to have his weight off the injured leg. "Thank you", he said in gratitude for not only his words of praise but his assistance. "Mother is going to kill you", he managed a laugh only for it to stop with the sudden pain in his leg.

As Connor began the healing, he threw back his head and looked to the skies, once more stifling a yell as the wound began to close over, at least to rid him of the serious pain and any further thread of infection. "I'll be fine to continue Master Harrison", and he would be now he had to chance to catch his breath. He looked over toward the group of slaves now under the control of the Rangers, and each one released from their shackles. They looked confused and disorientated unsure of what would happen to them next. Some of them understood, some of them only recently taken into servitude and knew what life is outside of the oppression and they rejoiced. However, the wide eyes of those that had grown up with the yoke around their necks held more fear in their hearts, as the unknown had entered their lives. For all they knew, the Jedi could be worse then their previous masters.

"I'll make a deal with you Master Harrison. I'll tell mother this was all my fault, in return .. you teach me that trick of yours". He grinned with a heavy hand of cheek. Yeah, blackmail a Jedi .. good move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom