Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under 12 Parsecs [SSC Dominion of Kessel Hex]

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
(2/35)
Objective: Find who or what I was.

Akio stood and snuck out of the cargo hold. He crept along the halls of the freighter. He had showed away, once more to his destination. He had neither the funds nor skills for a ship so he would continue to hitch rides along his pilgrimage. This was his next destination. Kessel, they had said it was called.

He began a brisk walk down the winding side roads. His eyes lit on the poverty around him. Squallor for the slaves. Their half naked children wore little more than rags. Men and women looked at him as the chiss walked by, their eyes were full of lack luster gazes. Akio felt his heart breaking for them. For their need. Their poverty. He wished he had something to give them but he was as penniless as they were.

"Stop let me go!" shouted a young woman's voice.

Akio's head jolted in time for him to see a thugly nikto pulling a thin young twi'lek girl against her will in the dirt.

"Let me go!" she screamed again, fighting with all her might.

"Stop!" Akio commanded striding towards the pair. "Stop it this instance!"

The alien stopped and looked at Akio. His thick skined face contorted into a smile. "What are you gonna do about it little man?"

"Let her go," Akio ordered again, looking up at the mamoth man's face.

The nikto laughed boldly, turning to pull the woman away again.

Akio's body twisted, springing to life. His robes fluttered around him as the Chiss' foot arched up in a perfect crescent kick, honed from years of practice. His foot landed right in the nikto's chin, halting him in his tracks. Akio twisted back around on his leg, bringing his other hand up in a palm heel-strike to the back of the head. The unconscious Nikto fell face first into the dirt.

"Come," Akio said offering his hand to the dirty young girl, "We should get moving before he wakes back up."

Objective: 'Into the Hornets Nest'
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Barinthus E`ron"]
Post 3/35

Following the Grandmaster's lead, Rasu leaped from the boarding ramp. The Shi'ido appeared to hover towards the ground, using the Force to slow her descent until her feet planted firmly on the dust-ridden surface. Already sweat was begin to form, appearing as small translucent beads on her forehead. Wiping her brow, the Jedi joined the group forming by Master Harrison and his Padawan, both appearing to blend in with the environment due to their dust-covered attire. Smiling at the two in greeting, Rasu's eyes seemed to linger on the Padawan, sensing a familiar aura attached to Setzi's Force presence. Realising that this aura was that of her daughter Allana, her interest in the Lunelle sister peaked, however she pushed this to the back of her mind to bring up at another time as the Jedi began their briefing.

Rasu listened intently as Connor explained the situation, confirming her worries that the Jedi were no doubt heading into trouble. Although the woman had expected no less from the workers of the Kessel complex, there had been a small fraction of hope that led the woman to believe that the rumours had been false and that their expedition had been for naught, however as Connor's preliminary scouting had shown, this was not the case. Turning to face Setzi as she added her piece, Rasu nodded in agreement, knowing from experience just how far the tendrils of the dark side could reach in the immense underworld of the galactic economy.

"I would suggest striking hard and fast. I would assume that we at least have the element of surprise to aid us. Let's not leave them anytime to recover once we start our initial assault." Rasu said, voicing her own opinion. "Let their shock work to our advantage." While the Shi'ido would normally act as a spectator in these situations, there were moments where she felt the need to express her own wisdom. This was not a time to shy away from providing advice. Staring out across the wasteland that was Kessel, Rasu searched for some sign in the Force, praying it could aid the Jedi in the moments to come.

Objective 2, Big Trouble in Little Kessel.
PC Allies: [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Charlyra Araano"] | [member="Audren Sykes"]
NPC Background Allies: Ice, Rangers, 48 of House Keth's Honorguard | NPC'd: [member="Taresa Kae"]
Space: Squadrons of Thyrsus Hearts in Orbit
Post #8
Mission Information:
Objective 2: "Big Trouble in Little Kessel" (Healer-themed Adventure PvE) (Kessel)
In the wake of the Coalition's failed invasion, cultists, criminals, and corrupt officials on Kessel have to bear. Encouraged with the idea that the Coalition would be licking its wounds, a Primeval cult has abducted a Jedi Padawan with green eyes, for use in a ritual which they believe will unleash a Dark Side Nexus and welcome the god Balagoth into our realm. In pursuit, agents of the Coalition have discovered the cultists experiments with Sith Alchemy have Inflicted a rabies-like disease that has begun to spread throughout the planet's wildlife and has started to infect the humanoid population, creating chaos as it begins to spread. The outbursts of such an aggressive disease draw the attention of the Coalition's healers, both Jedi and non-Jedi alike in an attempt to find a cure for the disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZmBHLtnYq0​

One thing Taiden was, was reliable. Aside from his work carrying him across the galaxy, you could depend on him to heed his Master’s call. Carrying himself with the same respect they’d arrived with for the locals, however impoverished, criminal or resentful they were, that only made doing so more important for the Echani Jedi. Over his passing years, the scholar had learned to treat others as you wanted to be treated. Especially for those that shunned you, opposition created it.

Passing [member="Charlyra Araano"] and [member="Audren Sykes"] with several of the Keth honorguard present, some six at his back. Both of them were given full bows, eyes open to each. Perfect time and precision the Echani cohort behind him followed as one voice, doing the same. Rhythm, motion and timing everything to their people. It wouldn’t be long before he entered the medbay or its surroundings, and gave small respectful greeting, but not over bow to his Master, knowing she didn’t appreciate the overuse of his back!

The Keth Echani said nothing, waiting to be instructed as usual by a senior Jedi. Taiden already had felt subtle hint of growing darkness at the core of this place, his choice of white attire as always reflected his wish to end this peacefully if possible, openly, and honest, nothing to hide. Silver eyes focused, clear silver armor true to the spirit of their order. When she had finished, "there is much pain here Master, it seeps outward from this place." [member="Nima Tann"]

Objective: 1 - 'Into the Hornet's Nest'
Allies: [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"]

Thurion scanned the facility from where they stood, listening to Connor's report while stroking his beard. Once finished, Thurion nodded as his hand upon Connor's shoulder gave him a brotherly pat. "Good job, Con. Now all we gotta do is come up with a game plan." He then turned to the Lunelle sister and offered her a smile. "It's good to see you again, Setzi. I know last time we met wasn't exactly on friendly terms," he said with a smile. "I'm just glad you've abandoned that dark path and found the light again." Sending a nod Rasu's way after she shared her thoughts on the situation, Thurion addressed the entire group.

"Alright then, let's get this show on the road. Given the size of the facility and the various goings-ons happening, I suggest we split up to cover more ground. There's no telling just how big this place is, or how deep it goes, so if we were to strike at a single target the rest of the base would be alerted to our presence. We mustn't let any of the slavers escape, but our first priority should be to get the slaves to safety. If you have to choose one or the other, always choose saving lives over taking lives." He turned towards the facility with the other at his back. "I'll be heading for the mines - that's where the majority of the slaves should be kept," he pointed as he spoke.

"We also need to take out their leaders as well as sabotage their ships so they cannot escape with their precious cargo. Whoever this buyer of theirs is, they are just as responsible as the slavers themselves. Capturing them alive for interrogation should be a priority, so that we may discover who else is involved. The misery of Kessel ends today."

Kessel Sector
On Ground

Objective 1 ~ 'Into the Hornet's Nest'

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Setzi Lunelle"]

(5)

As they arrived to Connor's location, Coci stood listening to the advice given by everyone to best handle the situation. Although the element of surprise was on their side, it still needed a good sound plan. Thurion suggested splitting up to branch out which Coci agreed with, however, they would need to be a little systematic about it as they are but a small group against numbers unknown to them. Although Connor had briefed them on the location from the outside, they did not have information enough to know what enemies are located within the mines and the HQ.

"Firstly, we need to take care of those walkers and the guards, also we need to concentrate on hitting the landing pad preventing further ships landing or taking off with their cargo whether it be spice or slaves as Grand Master Heavenshield suggested, before we advance to the mines". She offered her opinion in the mix.

[member="Rasu Gan"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Setzi Lunelle"]
10/38

He was looking at all of them and this was a motly crew as Master Harrison put it indeed but he gave a small nod seeing the jedi master and the woman who was with him. He had seen Setzi once.. maybe he needed to recall it but there was plenty of time for that later on while the padawan was going down the ramp looking at his master. There were mines, claose quarters chance of danger and walkers... This sounded like a party and he was practically vibrating with excitement at the prospect of well getting to be part of the team for this. He might be the padawan but he could find purpose in that and he had a few advantages when going against some fo the bigger things all around. He was prepared for the moment when his master said go and he could let out some of that pent up energy you got from being around in a ship for awhile. Let it out and maintain some control, then nap on the return trip. That was the best way to go about it while he spoke looking at his master. "You always take me to the best places master."

Akio Diachi

(3/35)
Objective: Find who or what I was.

The young twi'lek took his hand, and Akio pulled her to her feet.

"Thank you," she said fragilily. "Why did you do that?"

Akio smiled softly, "Because everyone deserves a chance to live well." he dusted her off softly. "Do you have a home here?"

She nodded and turned to walk away. Akio followed her down a side road to a shack like hut, one of several along the way. The advocacy work of James Justice and Lady Kay had been wonders for the liberation of most slaves on the planet but there were still many owned by small plantations and spice lords.

"Name's Jane,' said the Twi'lek as she ducked into the hut.

"Akio," the chiss replied following her in.

He looked around at the dirt floor and the rough furnature made from salvaged crates. A thread bare pallet sat in the far corner next to a rusting metal pot. Jane sat on her pallet with a sigh, motioning to a crate- chair for the chiss, "Why are you in the slave quarters?"

"I'm looking for something," Akio said with a soft smile, "I came through here years ago and left something burried in the dirt near these parts. I'm trying to retrieve it."

"What's in it?"

"I can't remember," Akio said with a winsome smile. "It's been too long and my memory doesn't help me too much."

"Why'd you bury it?"

"I wanted it safe. To use again later when I needed it."

"Ah," she said with a tilt of her head, "You helped me. I can help you too if you'd like."

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMeTmdfNWk

Soon she approached the planet - the misshapen, asteroid-shaped lump of rock from this distance revealed its barren, rocky landscape.

She had a respirator with her. She knew that the atmosphere was very thin, with most of the air being provided artificially.

She was not entirely sure where she was finally headed. She knew of the ancient tombs and ruins, some old prison and the mines. And there was a large settlement too - Kessendra. So she remained in orbit and awaited further instruction from [member="Orihime Ike"], who had been keen they travelled together. Sorel had spoiled that part, but they could still arrive on the planet together.

[member="Joza Perl"]

(10)
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Zyanya was tired, baked in sweat and bleeding from the cuts she'd suffered during the duel. Nonetheless, the rush of power she felt was exhilarating. This was what it was supposed to be like. She not a confused girl who'd follow the Sky Woman's beck and call. It was a reminder of who she was supposed to be. A matriarch of House Qual, who did not cower or flail.

The bruises she'd suffered were a valuable lesson. Pain was the best teacher. So rather than try to blot the sensation out, she revelled in it. "Do you submit and pledge yourself?" It was not formulated as a question. Her voice was stronger and more commanding.

"Yes. I acknowledge you and your Lady as masters," the Noghri spoke laconically. She lowered her blade. It had been jabbed in deep enough to draw a few drops of blood. The alien dropped down to one knee, bowing his head. Though he submitted, there was no defeat in his eyes and she still felt pride emanating from him. Strangely enough, she respected him more because of that.

"Good, Zyanya, good," her gaze turned to the crowd and she saw Sumiko leave the Chieftain and step towards her. Her boots made little noise on the wooden floor. "Chieftain, I have the warrior I sought. I accept the gift of his life. May he gain honour for the clan in foreign stars."

It was difficult to read Noghri facial expressions, but the Chieftain seemed a bit amused. "Then so it shall be. Lakhgraib, clan Bakh'tor, fight well, and if you fall out in the stars, do so with honour. You two will be welcome in our midst as long as you do not bring foreign quarrels with you or interfere with our ways."

Sumiko gave Zyanya a look. "You should have those wounds looked at. Our medical droids can see to them," she offered. Zyanya suspected that the Sky Woman would criticise her technique at length once they were in private, but for now she was basking in her success. There was a balance between praising an apprentice and reminding them of their place...especially since both were prideful, stubborn women with their own agendas.

"I shall look to them myself. I have potions. I only need bandages and some rest," Zyanya said stubbornly. She realised how backward her people were and that they needed to catch up on modern technology, but she felt uncomfortable around machines with metal minds.

Sumiko shrugged. "If you so insist. There will be a feast later on, so be ready to that." She touched Zyanya's cheek and suddenly there was a flow of energy when she used her body as a conduit, filling Zyanya with a fraction of power to make up for what she'd lost. The process was neither gentle nor delicate and the drow felt dizzy. Finally, it was over and she felt a bit better. "Come with us, Lakhgraib, a whole new world awaits you. I have such wonderful things to show you."

Objective 5
Allies: [member="Rayliav'enci"]
Post 3

It hadn't been an overly long walk before they came upon the...creature? Abomination? Whatever word was used to describe it, neither pretty nor 'child friendly' would be used anywhere near it. It was clear that the thing was made to be a predator of some sort, or that had been the intention originally. Perhaps a guardian of some sort? Likely meant to be a guardian for whoever had brought this Darkness to the sanctuary which they found themselves in. The Dark side was clearly involved in the current condition of the animal they had happened upon. The parts of his mind not focused on monitoring his surroundings found themselves trying to piece together what had brought this creature to such a tragic place, what had happened to bring it to this sanctuary.

What was immediately clear was that it's breathing was labored and at times slightly erratic in its nature. He watched in silence his face betraying no emotion as Raylia adapted her posture and moved closer towards the creature. Though it wasn't directed at him, he could feel the peace and calm emanate from her as she made her slow approach. The sound given off by whatever the creature had once been had caught his attention as it was a bit more sudden than he had expected. He had little doubt Raylia could handle the situation as there was no aggressive move made towards her. That was definitely a sign that whatever had taken place was coming to an end soon. Whether or not she intervened it was not much longer for this world.

He thought back to the many whom he had studied under and tried to recall what he could of the possible corrupting effects of the dark side on wildlife. The plants seemed normal enough, though there may have been the beginnings of corruption taking root within them, but even the build of this creature seemed off. Had it been mutated by the dark side throughout its development before being born? Or was this something else? Something far more unnatural? Raylia had even admitted that the holocrons were rather close facsimiles of the real thing. But to do that one would have to have some means of imbuing the crystal with the Force. Alchemy was certainly a viable option from what he could recall from conversations with Sith in the past on the many aspects of the Darnkess and how it could be implemented. His thoughts were interrupted as she rapidly lit and extinguished her saber through the torso of the creature, the chest cavity it seemed, given how quickly the breathing ceased and it's presence began to fade. The pitiful existence had been ended mercifully or at least as mercifully as it could possibly have been.

Her words after the fact confirmed what he had considered as only a possibility. Sith Alchemy had created that creature. I was naught but a failed experiment that had been simply discarded and left to die when they came upon it. While he was glad that she had been able to put the creature out of the misery it had been in, he also knew that the fading presence could possibly alert those who created it to the fact that they had been discovered. Raylia was right, he hated to admit that they would likely need backup, but sometimes a mission was a bit over the heads of even two Masters. He nodded in agreement. When she looked at him, he locked his gaze with hers, steely determination visible in his dark brown eyes. A small frown pulled at the corners of his mouth as he worked out what he wanted to say to try and put her mind at ease.

"While you were dealing with the creature I was trying to think if the thing had been simply mutated during its development before birth by the dark side presence here, or if there had been more to it. The possibility of Sith Alchemy had just come to mind, due to you saying the holocrons were close to the real thing. I wouldn't have picked up on such fakes without revealing myself as a Force user, which I did try to avoid there. Even though it failed badly. And the fact we traced the source here, if they were so close it would have had to be rather minor details that set off the red flags for you.

If they made it so it had no chance to survive, then maybe it was meant to simply supply them with a toxic compound that could be used to create a poison that would break down more readily in the bloodstream making it harder to trace.

He reached out and gently caressed her cheek, cupping her face in the palm of his hand.

If that is the case then we will definitely need backup. Call in whoever you feel will be best able to help us. I promise you Ray, today is the end of the fucking savages and their experiments. Anything ongoing in their lab will be destroyed, whether data or physical experiments. Once our back up arrives we will put an end to this madness.

Leaning over he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, something to get her mind off what had happened for just a moment and let her know that no matter what he loved her.

Objective 4: Play Diplomat
Allies: [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Sorel Crieff"]
Post #5

Joza arched a brow as Orihime gave her a one armed hug, not quite expecting such a warm response. “I suppose you’re right. Sorel is mature. I think things will be better once we get to talk it out.” The younger Jedi had stuck to her guns during their fight, not once giving in to anger or sorrow. It was a trait that Joza admired, and something she had hoped to cultivate in herself. “Thank you,” She added in with a small smile, grateful for Orihime’s optimism.

Of course, she was prepared for the possibility of rejection. The Jedi weren’t all rainbows and sparkles.

“I…unfortunately had a little dip into the dark side. Wasn’t pleasant, would not recommend it.” Trying not to be so rigid, Joza casually inspected her nails. “Snack cakes are serious business, though. I’d gladly throw down for a box of them.” A short chuckle left her lips, and she straightened out. “So, any suggestions for our strategy with the Noghri? I’ve heard that they’re not one for humor, so we should try and keep ourselves as cordial and forthright as possible.”

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Glade"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

(3)
Tempest was working to control the storm and keep herself anchored. However, when they dissipated and Siobhan came back, Tempest frowned.

“Gone? Is she dead?” she asked, puzzled.
“We’re not getting any signs of her, ma’am,” the pilot of the gunship said.
“Well she can’t have gone far. Not after the beating I saw her take. The fleet in orbit have the planet blockaded and we can get more gunships to search. She can’t have gotten far, especially not with a baby.”
“She’s gone, ma’am,” the pilot said again.
“Everyone is telling me she’s gone, but no one is explaining why!” Tempest said angrily. “Get this ship up in the air and search!”
“I’m sorry, ma’am, it’s time to go.”
Tempest spun to Siobhan. “Your daughter didn’t just quantum tunnel out of here. I’m pretty sure she’s close still,” she said. “Don’t you want to find her?”

(11)
[member="Tempest"], [member="Glade"]

By now Siobhan had reached Tempest. Behind them lay what was left of the now thoroughly wrecked villa. "No," Siobhan said flatly. "Let her go. Maybe someone else can fix her...I can't. I'm done with chasing after her. Done with fixing things for her. May the Goddess watch over her child. Pilot, pick us up and take us away from here." So the Gunship picked the two up and they flew away, leaving what was left of the Uos estate behind them.

Objective 4:
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Sorel Crieff"]
10/38

She was looking at her and thinking about it well how they would be handling it when it came to the diplomacy part of it. As for what Joza said she looked at her before she spoke nodding her head. "It will be alright, everyone slips at times. My mommy Chora fell and stabbed my mommy Matsu but found a way to redeem herself. She poured the force into her and gave up her life." Orihime was watching her for a moment when she stood up and they were heading towards the planet with a small smile on her face. "As for the diplomacy part we shall work on all of the things with them. We can present ourselves as skilled diplomats from the jedi." She brushed at the meshed robe she was wearing with a smile on her face straightening her hair. "Besides between the three of us with Sorel we will be able to talk and work with them."

Objective: 'Big Trouble in Little Kessel'
Allies Involved: [member="Taiden Keth"] | [member="Charlyra Araano"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | 6-man squad of Rangers, 2 investigators

All of the soldiers had helmets with HUDs, and one of them was savvy enough to incorporate the map of the city, the team's location, and the map of video hits onto that HUD. The squad moved in the same general direction that the cultists had, ending up in the middle of a boulevard surrounded by buildings. Office buildings with multiple stories for at least a block in each direction.

"We're not going to be able to search all these, Captain."

"I hear you. Bruan, you have anything new for us?"

"No other visuals, not on that line. I'm having the computers check potential turn off points, but they haven't found anything yet."

That wasn't good. Time mattered in kidnapping situations, more so when it came to cultists. Cultists didn't kidnap for ransom or revenge, they kidnapped for whatever their belief system was. And since Bruan had managed to pin two faces to a Primeval cult, it was likely that death and destruction was the goal. The plague they were seeing could well be the start of it...but it would only be a start. They needed to think outside of the box.

"This is a main road. If we keep heading down it, where would we end up?"

"Uhh, hold on. Right, here we go. There's not much there, you'll get to the mines after about a ten minute drive at the speed they were going. Thirty minute walk for you."

Caves, mines, old abandoned fortresses. Those were places cultists loved to make their bases. Psych docs said it was something about feeling closer to whatever goal they had; Miko thought that was a load of sithspit. Regardless, they had to move. A quick glance showed the squad around and ready to move...except for the Jedi.

"Jedi!"

There, back a ways. Talking to some lady, of all things. No time for that...

"Knight Sykes, we have to go now."

Then he and the squad started jogging towards the mine. If the blond-haired Jedi didn't keep up, that was on him. The Masters would hear about it, if any of them survived.

section-divider.png
Audren's armor was different than that of the Rangers, but he also had a HUD. His was just built into the combination breath mask and eye protection he wore. The breath mask was set to filter, reserving the built-in tanks and just filtering out anything potentially harmful. It didn't do anything about the smell though...the place was rank.

When the group came to a halt, so did he. Maybe it was laziness, but he wasn't the one doing the tracking here. He justified that by knowing that tracking was not the reason he'd been brought along, nor was he an expert at doing this kind of tracking. Nevertheless, he paid attention to the Force. Cables of it were present all over, and he could sense them deep down under the ground they stood on as well. Some areas were pockets he could only describe as 'not right', others were just plain dark. Not many Light-oriented things here, not in comparison.

One of those darker presences made its way towards him. It was one he recognized, partially at least, and only once it got close. One of the players at Ruusan. Had it been any further past he doubted he would have remembered, but this was the one who had metaphorically puffed herself up, a threat display. He'd ignored it...but she'd tracked him down again. Not a threat this time though, that much he could sense.

"I am Charlyra Araano, Acolyte of Master Tempest and Kerrigan of Tygara."

Acolyte of Tempest and Kerrigan. Powerful women, and Firemane leaders, both of whom had also been present at Ruusan. Both used the Dark side, but both seemed to generally fall in line with the Sanctum's objectives. Either that or the Sanctum's objectives fell in line with theirs...he hadn't been able to determine which it was. Either way, the two could throw around power like few people's business and he'd not yet witnessed them doing so against the Sanctum. Heck, he could learn from them, though his technique and reasoning might differ.

"Audren Sykes. You've got some powerful teachers in those two, I'm sure you've seen that already."

"Knight Sykes, we have to go now."

Huh, Sartori wasn't happy. Wonder what he'd done now. The thought was interrupted by a Force user - this one definitely a Jedi - and several pale humanoids passing by, each bowing as they did. The similarity between them - timing, angle, everything - was almost eerie.

"We're here to take down a Primeval cult and hopefully rescue a Padawan. You're welcome to join if you'd like."

Whatever the captain may think, them Audren could track. It was simple enough to do so via the Force, and the street they were on was more or less a straight shot. He could see to the end of it, and with the Force boosing his speed he'd be able to catch up in minutes.

Akio Diachi

4/35
Objective: Find Who or what I Was.

"You don't have to help me out of obligation," Akio said with a soft shake of his head.

Jane rummaged in a burlap sack next to her rough pallet and pulled out a fist full of nuts. As smirked before popping one of the nuts into her mouth, "Maybe its because I feel safer with someone crazy enough to stop a big bad guy from hurting me?"

She held out her hand offering some of the nuts to him, Akio took one with thanks and began to chew on it. It was woody, rough and semi-sweet with a lasting flavor and a texture that seemed to hold up to residual chewing.

"Slave food," she said. "its supposed to last as long as possible, be as cheep as possible, and the very minimal it can be. These Boloo Nuts do all of the above." She pressed the nut in her mouth against her cheek, letting it bulge from her lean face. 'How about you start by telling me where this thing is?"

"Well, I don't know what this plac"e would be like now, but what I remember burying it in the foundation of a large building."

"Foundation? Like hiding it in the wet duracrete?"

"Yes," Akio said with a nod.

"That's a start. What else can you tell me?"

"It was on the north side of town," he continued, "five and a half miles from the space port."

"Do you remember a street name?"

"It started with a B."

"That narrows it down to two different streets, got a second letter?"

"I am afraid not."

"Do you remember who was building this building?"

"I believe it was Rags and Sons Construction, or something like that."

"Ragaston and Sons Construction? RSC?"

"That would be it," Akio chuckled.

Jane chewed the food in her mouth before rising and jerking her head towards the door, "We should get moving then. I know where this is at."

Objective: ‘Into The Hornet’s Nest’
Allies Involved: [member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Rasu Gan"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | All Silver Sanctum
Allies Involved: Kessel Pirates & Crime Lords

Holding the binoculars in one hand, Connor took occasional glances to the facility and the Rangers across the other side down below. He listened to the collective few; it felt good to be part of something that felt like the old days. When Coci spoke, he turned and caught her eye and smiled, gently giving her a nod. So many bridges to re-build, but the first steps had been taken thanks to the Padawan beside him.

He followed Thurion’s eye line and looked out with him.

”Setzi’s right. The muscle here must be hired help. Looks rather militaristic. First Order seems more likely. Makes sense if they’re trying to cut up the Outer Rim; strike a deal with some of the most corrupt and influential names out there and you’ve got allies on your side for the price of a few.”

The Grandmaster had given the plan, and Coci had followed it. Turning to acknowledge the ensemble, Connor holstered the binocs.

”I’ll work with the Rangers across the way to take out the landing pads and those chicken walkers. As you say, cause some chaos on the ground and make it difficult for anything to leave or land. You get into position, I light the fuse.”

Across his back, a Ranger issued medium blaster rifle. Connor was going for the full assault, not just wielding the blade as there were some rules of engagement even a Jedi had to bend in order to survive. He glanced to Setzi.

”Stay with Thurion,” always one for neglecting titles, ”because I can’t risk having you hurt. Or worse. I can’t.”

In the Darkness there is Truth
(12)

The Revenant gracefully liffted off into the sky, leaving the tight-grouped of cluster of huts that was the Noghri village behind it as it shot towards the heavens. Soon the craft had pierced the atmosphere and reached the cold void of space.

Sumiko left the piloting to a droid as the ship prepared the jump to hyperspace. Their new Noghri companion was off brooding in the shadows, scrutinising them all with curiosity. He had offered to cook since apparently he had a talent for that. Sumiko was ready to indulge him since she could easily detect and flush out toxins. Zyanya was reading a book.

'"The drowling progresses, I see," the sword said scathingly. Naturally it had to offer its two cents. "She temporarily allowed herself to get beyond her petty martyrdom and thoughts of meaningless revenge to achieve something. Very exciting, your family of misfits and parasites continues to grow. The creature she conquered might be useful, but its outdated notions of honour may prove problematic."'

"I see you're as radiant as ever." In all fairness, she was a bit of a queen, too. "I find it ironic that people with such outdated notions were the pet assassins of Vader and Thrawn, both of them ambitious, unscrupulous warlords who deceived them."

"Oh, yes, and you do remember how Thrawn met his end, yes? The thing about honour is...it's always self-centred. Relying on someone else's moral code to keep them loyal is a thorny path."

"Well, I never made promises and pretended to be their saviour, did I? Zyanya has promise. Her lust for revenge gives her fuel...but she could be great if she sulking about her people and started living in the now and saw the bigger picture."

"Yeees, indeed. But then she might covet your little crown, wouldn't she?"

"'Tis a risk every master takes, my good Souldrinker. Uneasy is the head that wears the crown." The blue tunnel of hyperspace opened up and the Revenant slipped through. Soon the tunnel had swallowed it and it vanished from the Honoghr systems. Undoubtedly, more quests and adventures awaited the rag-tag band of moderately sociopathic misfits.

Kiran Arlos

K
Objective: 4-Show them the way 5-Find forgiveness
Allies: SSC

Kiran straightened himself up a bit as it seemed the trek from the room towards the front of the transport ship he happened to get a little flustered or maybe he was just completely nervous. Kiran cleared his throat. "Greetings I'm the...a Representative....." The young man took a small breath and started again. "Hello I'm a Jedi apprentice for the Silver Order of......" Kiran chuckled lightly as he raised his hand to his chin. "What in the world did I get myself into...I'm not diplomat..." Kiran muttered under his breath as he chuckled lightly and shook his head, then rubbed his face a little bit.

"Get a grip, It's going to be alright." Kiran whispered and then he was shushed by someone in the front. "Sorry." Kiran said with a grim smile. Kiran didn't have that much experience with the Noghri, however he had prayed that he would do just fine. As long as he didn't sound like a bumbling idiot as he was a few moments ago. While a small planned formed in his mind, he couldn't help but wonder...

"Landing in 15 seconds." Someone from the front called back.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
[member="Orihime Ike"] [member="Joza Perl"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84RxK4N1wfE

Sorel waited patiently and spent the time re-researching the planet and the likely activity the SSC wanted them to undertake. Then she passed the time meditating.

Then she accessed Luminara's Holocron and spent some time training on her danger sense and finally brushing up on some Soresu practice under Master Unduli's watchful eye.

Finally she sent a message to Orihime, detailing her current position and asking for directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom