Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Tutaminis

Be careful what you wish for.
7tQtr.png

2FS8YbB.png

Tutaminis
‘Your work is not to drag the world kicking and screaming into a new awareness. Your job is to simply do your work… sacredly, secretly, silently … and those with “eyes to see and ears to hear’ will respond.’ –The Arturians
The NAHK Droids were on standby, all circling the training ground at the Coruscant Temple. Each of them were carrying fully loaded, fully powered up military grade rifles. Anyone who was concerned enough to look further would see that the weapons would be set to “stun”, not “kill”. The power setting is not the issue anyway, the use of the weapons will be a part of what he was going to teach today.

Healers are on the way, again relax, those weapons are there as a precaution. All of the students should be on their way as well. While this was going on, Caltin Vanagor was standing in the courtyard and meditating. His practice of meditating in a standing position is second nature to him (and probably explains the "grumpy" reputation he earned long ago).

As always, there were refreshments along the sides of the courtyard for anyone who wanted anything. There was no “open bar” mind you, or “omelet station”, but the place was stocked. He had nothing left to think about, other than how to approach teaching so many Jedi in the skill of Tutaminis.

This is going to be fun…

As the students of all levels, shapes and sizes walked in further and would gather amongst themselves, the big man began practicing his “saber kata” something that none (save the three Jedi he invited to learn it previously, they know who they are) would recognize. It was not just a lightsaber form, it was a martial art, a fighting style that incorporated everything that was a Jedi to be alongside combat. The twist is as effective and intimidating it might look, there was no emotion coming out of him, it was almost nothing more than a routine. Stopping for a few moments, he looked around the room.

For multiple Millenia, the Jedi are and have been peacekeepers, protectors, scholars, diplomatic representatives, negotiators. I want the Temple Guard of the Silver Concord who are gathered here to answer this question that I am about to ask you. What does that make us?

“Warriors”, one responded. Caltin nodded a bit haphazardly as it was not a bad answer, but moved on to the next one.

“Enforcers of the Peace.” Caltin just shook his head as another spoke up “Enforcing ‘Peace’ is still tyrannical.”

“Champions”. Eyebrows up for the next response, he nodded.

Not bad, not bad… Now this is just my opinion… but I think that everything we are and everything we do makes us “Healers”.

Letting the words sink in, like a sugar cube into a mug of caf, he waited.

There is an old phrase “Even one Jedi can turn the course of a battle.” Why? Because we are better fighters than anyone out there? Maybe. What about the morale boost of seeing one? A trooper’s eyes as they listen to our suggestions. I learned a long time ago that it is not what we do that makes a difference, it is simply being who we are.

That is why we learn the skills we do.

Say you are facing a fire-team of droids in front of you? Let’s say… two. I am sure everyone here can think of several different ways of sending them packing.

Two droids step forward as if commanded to.

What about four? Still as many options?

Two more droids step forward.

Eight?

Four more.

You have skills, all of you that make you unique.

As he levitated four of the droids, and moved them back to where they initially stood to make a point, Caltin had his eyes on everyone. Fully in command of his abilities, he wanted them to see what they are capable of.

Now I am sure that there are some gathered here, some skeptical naysayers who are thinking “Easy for you to say, Master Vanagor. You’re like ‘Uber-Super-Ridiculously overpowered Jedi-Man’.

Extending a broad grin as he spotted those who were trying to hold in a laugh.

Come on! I know some of you were thinking it… and some more of you are now because I was thinking it myself.

Offering a lighthearted chuckle, he stopped.

I will tell you this right now. I am no different from any of you, other than the fact that I was crazy enough to learn all that I could, so that I could pass it on to you. Everything I do, every decision I make at its core is to help, no matter how small in the effect, ensure the survival of the next generation of Jedi, to give you that education, just like any other Master would. Education is the power that the proponents of the Dark Side do not seem to understand. I am no one special, I just know that when I am in a fight that I have options, and moreso, thanks to my education, I am aware of what they are. My layers of defense always begin with what is going on in my head, and only then, should I need to, do I move on to the next layer.

Extending “Conservator” outward into the air, which drew the weapons of a few droids, he said simply.

Take the lightsaber. Relatively small, and sleek, it is the symbol of the Jedi. It is efficient offensively… defensively…

He then redirected a couple of droid stun shots upwards into the sky.

… and symbolically. While we are trained never to fully rely on it, the weapon is a lifeline for us. However, what if it is destroyed? Or out of reach? What if talking to those who wish us harm does nothing and we are forced to defend ourselves? Sure, one on one, even two on one this may not seem like a serious problem… But what if you come across several armed individuals?

The three droids shot again, only this time, Caltin’s free hand extended outward and the energy expended from the weapons absorbed into his palm three separate times.

There are other ways… such as Tutaminis. A defensive skill which takes an inordinate amount of focus, regardless of your mastery of the skill. It is a powerful skill, that, like everything else I teach you will hopefully one day save your life… should you ever need it. If… if any of you here are wanting to learn this to think that you will become invincible… you… you can leave now. You missed the entire point of what I am trying to tell you.

He then took the Sovereign Gold-Blue blade of “Conservator” and drove it into his free hand. The level of discomfort was more than evident as he pushed it in further. No damage was done to his hand, just the crackling hum of energy of the blade. Stopping after a few moments, it was clear that this took something out of him as he took a breath. After a moment later, Caltin began walking around and meeting everyone in the eye, he continued.

Please tell me what you know about Tutaminis.

TAG: Padawan/Class Assistants : Dagos Terrek | Jand Talo
Attendees:
Aveline Cuiléin | Jasper Kai'el | Samara | Calix of Thyrsus | Milla Caranthyr | Mig Gred | Iris Arani | Lorna Halcyon | Alex StormWolf | Amanda braska | Orson Velus

If you are not on this list and wish to to join, Please sign up here and then have fun with it.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

She stood among the others who were speaking... it was rather exciting and Lorna had to admit.... she was glad the skill was seeing more notice... though most should have been traiend and understood it from a younger age.... bias on her part.. her family almost were born with the skill in their blood so the green Cloak over her shoulders and around her body was important. It concealed her blade Void: Blade of the Halcyon Family and the golden circles of the Tora'yor Henkan-Ki on her hand. A gift from the jedi that well.. it made her skills go to levels she had never seen or thought about and allowed her better ways to channel that energy. The Leo Ge Robes underneath gleamed a little but she smiled offering a bow of her head. "It is a way to absorb and channel energy safely through the body, the strongest users can siphon it to power their connection to the force for a time."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Tutaminis.

As far as she looked into it, she thought it was just some kind of barrier technique. Iris had learned a little on barriers and how they worked, but actually employing them in battle and such were something she hadn't had the time to practice. She barely had the time to practice.. Anything. But watching as Master Vanagor thrusted his blade into his palm, she could see just how different the skills actually were.

The colors were different. Vastly different. He was changing the energy, the heat. Not blocking it like a barrier.

Iris stood a little straighter in the back, her eyes scanning ever through the colors. Watching, listening. There was a lot more to learn here than she initially thought.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon

7tQtr.png

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Iris Arani Iris Arani , Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon

Jasper_divider_3.0.png

Jasper didn't expect to be in too many classes as a knight, but a chance to learn Tutaminis was something he wasn't going to pass up. Judging by the presence of his friend Iris, a knight herself, he wasn't the only one who felt this way. He stood next to her in the back, offering a quick "Hey." before turning his attention to Master Vanagor's demonstration.

It was energy absorption, right? It looked that way, sort of like the shielding of a starship. It absorbed the energy to keep it from damaging the vessel, though in this instance it protected the user. That was a good way to think about it, he thought. Aside from that, something that utilized the energy of something else was far more up his alley. A knight he was, but there were still limits to how much he could use the force. His force light had a smaller radius, his force speed was slower. Something like this could give him the edge in a battle where his opponent outclassed him in force use.

When Master Vanagor asked for an answer, Jasper remained silent. He'd let one of the attending padawans speak up.

Calix of Thyrsus

C

Please tell me what you know about Tutaminis.

"It is classified in the control school of Force powers."

No, he wasn't the star pupil. But strategy was always the main focus of an Echani's study or interest, and Calix was no different. He had no idea how to actually pull off Tutaminis, but its application as a strategy or tactic used by Jedi was a concept familiar to him.

"It deals with energy. Absorption. Redirection," the afro-headed Thyrsian continued, his arms crossed as he casually took in the training. "Not a shield, but a different tactic or technique."

The theory was easy enough that even a musclehead like him could understand it, but understanding or rote recitation and mastery were very different. "Its tenants are taught to many, but its mastery is accomplished by few."

It was then the Thyrsian realized he was, perhaps, the most junior of the Jedi assembled. That last remark may not be well received by his elders.

"Or so I've read."

Yes, he did read.

Well, okay, it was an audiobook. But he did listen while doing sets at the gym.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon Iris Arani Iris Arani
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Calix of Thyrsus

Cora listened to Jedi Master Vanagor with rapt attention. Though they had not met formally, it would be difficult to forget the imposing build of the man that hovered near Jand Talo's bacta tank. The man was practically the same size as a bacta tank!

The hulking droids that were packing heat did make her somewhat uncomfortable. Cora absently clenched her thin plastid cup of water when the Master levitated several of the burly bots as if they weighed nothing. Already there were some familiar faces in attendance, including Knights Arani and Kai'el. This set her more at ease.

Tutaminis. Tutaminis-

An astute student and something of a suck-up, Cora had come across the ability in her studies. She had never practiced tutaminis, nor had she seen in use. Still, she opened her mouth to answer and-

"It is classified in the control school of Force powers."

Cora deflated, heaving a sidelong look at Calix for sniping her. Not quite a glare, but an intense gaze nonetheless.

Not to be outdone, the blonde cleared her throat and built from Calix's explanation.

"It allows Jedi to disperse or redirect harmful energy from the body, such as that from a blaster or lightsaber."

Even though that didn’t add much, she took a small satisfied sip from her cup and wavered away from one of the armed droids as it happened to pace by her.

Orson Velus

O
Finding his way around the temple continued to prove a nearly impossible task for the Padawan, so despite setting out ridiculously early, Orson still stumbled into training grounds half way through the Jedi master's speech.

He listened in closely to the rest of the speech, only distracted for a few moments by the presence of droids. When the question about Tutaminis was raised, he racked his brain, only too, unsurprisingly, draw up blanks. He hadn't expected to know much, but being unable to think up anything at all, somewhat annoyed Orson.

Orson glanced over towards Calix after he spoke up, listening carefully to his words, before he heard yet another voice. taking note of what Corazona was saying this time around. It was a bit of a kick to the gut, knowing that two people who didn't look far from his own age seemed to be so knowledgeable about this topic, and he was stood here, looking gormless.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Calix of Thyrsus | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Amanda braska

A
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Calix of Thyrsus | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Maxir Vancil

Amanda braska seemed the type to learn this already she specializes in melee combat after all. So it would seem odd to see her hear it would be more odd to know that she had force skills that fall outside of those typically associated with melee focused jedi. Aswell but tutaminis wasn't a skill either of her masters offered to teach she even tried go teach herself.

She got the fundamentals of it and was able to teach it well enough but she dragged one of her padawans here regardless to learn with her. So she wouldn't have to teach it to both of them only lukan who was beginning his force teachings. Maxir understood how to use the force and how to wield it so this should come easier to him the lukan any way. She was here early and made sure maxir was here early aswell as they both listened to caltins speech she had told him to be on his best behavior.

She listened to the padawans speak they where right but they where missing portions of their knowledge but she was surprised by calixs knowledge of it as he was newer to the order. She wouldn't speak up she wanted to see the knowledge of those padawans who where gathered and give them a chance to feel like their studies where useful and worth doing. She knew Maxir held a disadvantage here which was the other reason she came to support him in this endeavor she knew if she could get the basics of it herself she could quickly cover her lack of experience with it.

Maxir Vancil

M

qC8JFYe.png

Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Amanda braska | Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Calix of Thyrsus | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

sCqdtjKikbyKyDfrnh1IRPyu9JgSrCsoUu2yOZwzOZs-CYV3YsqHSKvEiAz8wnGuzVxxhuf3lp3ZmHEbo5j90Mt6W_cbV3Pt_1TkFF9lCCjp2lnAM8lmyDsxPOYqzrYcBoRDJlNLFto_ylT1qUa58ycmGrHD64bVP31YC5ccyPstUrgM_a_KYDEVa-51rQ

To say that Maxir was feeling uncomfortable as he entered the training session would be an incredible understatement. Currently present were two masters, he guessed them to be about his age at the oldest, two knights he was quite sure to be younger than him, and several other Padawans who were possibly a decade younger than Maxir. The older Padawan knew that this was going to be the case during his learning. And that he had other life experiences that would help him that some of these younger Jedi would not have. But it still was something to get used to being the eldest person in a group.

Master Vanagor started the lecture and gave a demonstration of the skill that he intended to teach. Maxir couldn’t help a hiss of anticipated pain as the Master pushed his lightsaber through his hand. It was amazing that he was still standing and that his hand seemed to be perfectly fine. It shouldn’t have been a surprise however. That was what they were all here to learn.

He questioned those present to detail their knowledge of Tutaminis. There were several answers, first a basic one from another Master present, and then several follow ups from the Padawans. Maxir liked to study, but he seldom really understood the readings of Jedi skills. He needed to experience them. “Hard to define,” Maxir said with a deep breath. “Many Jedi have used Tutaminis to define different skills. If a skill is used to absorb or dissipate energy it likely has been called Tutaminis by someone. Lots out there to show us Master.”

He looked on to Master Vangor, but Maxir was quite happy to feel the presence of Maser Amanda beside him. He wondered how much she already knew on this subject. If she was here only to make sure Maxir was supported, or if she was learning herself, or if she came to poke fun at what he did wrong later. No matter what her motivation, Maxir was comforted. It would be easier to learn with her looking over his shoulder.

sCqdtjKikbyKyDfrnh1IRPyu9JgSrCsoUu2yOZwzOZs-CYV3YsqHSKvEiAz8wnGuzVxxhuf3lp3ZmHEbo5j90Mt6W_cbV3Pt_1TkFF9lCCjp2lnAM8lmyDsxPOYqzrYcBoRDJlNLFto_ylT1qUa58ycmGrHD64bVP31YC5ccyPstUrgM_a_KYDEVa-51rQ

Be careful what you wish for.
‘Your work is not to drag the world kicking and screaming into a new awareness. Your job is to simply do your work… sacredly, secretly, silently … and those with “eyes to see and ears to hear’ will respond.’ –The Arturians

Caltin continued to walk around and listen to those who answered, and paid attention to those who did not. It was understandable to not want to speak up in front of your colleagues, that was a difficult task. It was not acceptable, at least not to the massive Jedi Master that some of those in attendance did not that could have answered. Make no mistake, he was not affected by this, it was their choice, it was just that he was looking for opinions, not “right” or “wrong” answers.

Remember, no matter who you are, you can answer a question I ask.

Walking past a few more, he noticed that some of them seemed a bit nervous, some about their answer, some about what they were getting into, all of it. That was natural as this was a serious skill that they were about to experience themselves.

Not to be confused with Force shield, which is a skill that creates something of a helmet designed to provide protection against the Force. Or a Force barrier, a Force power that creates a protective barrier of energy. Or even Force resistance, a Force power taught to Jedi to resist the effects of the dark side of the Force. Tutaminis is more of a physical skill aligned with the Force.

Tutaminis is an umbrella title used by the Jedi Order to classify Force abilities related to energy absorption. Designated as one in a family of Control abilities, tutaminis techniques are taught to Jedi Initiates within the Jedi academy throughout the history of the Order. While taught to all Jedi during the days of the Galactic Republic, it was a rare feat to be capable of dissipating concentrated energy such as what makes up a blasterbolt or lightsaber blade. While it was named and practiced by the Jedi Order, tutaminis was not restricted to use by Jedi. In fact, most Force-based groups and Force-users in general learned to use or at least control some of the abilities taught at the Temple.

He went on to explain how the skills associated with tutaminis all related to the idea that, through the Force, Force users could draw potentially harmful heat or electrical energy into their bodies and diffuse it or channel it away completely. Viewed as a starting point for further study in the Force, the Council of First Knowledge designated the study of tutaminis to be taught during the very first classes at Jedi academies. While the basics were expected to be mastered upon graduation from the academy, development of these skills would come over an entire lifetime, for a Jedi was never done learning. In addition to deflecting energy weapons, this ability could eliminate the harmful effects of other energy-based Force powers such as Force lightning. Of course, he chose to make the distinction between Force Lightning like “Electric Judgment” and actual elemental Lightning from the skies to which the big man called down a huge bolt to slam into the ground behind him. With a smile, knowing full well that he was completely safe and so were they he said…

Well THAT got your attention, didn’t it?

Continuing, he spoke about how, with additional effort, after absorbing a blaster bolt or Force power, the user could utilize the absorbed energy to heal his or her wounds or manifest other Force powers. Tutaminis was also described as a "non-harmful Force drain”.

He then went on about how the basis of many abilities, tutaminis included many skills that were given proper or common names within the Jedi Order. Other abilities stem from this skill but were more personalized and not taught throughout the entire academy, if at all. Many skills, such as a simple body shielding or as advanced as catching and/or dispelling a lightsaber blade with one's bare hand, were all considered applications of tutaminis.

Satisfied with his explanation to this point, he looked around the room. There was indeed much more that he could talk about, but that depended on many of them.

Alright, let’s get into groups of two. You are going to be paired with two droids a piece. Get to know each other while the training droids arm themselves. One will be with a training saber and one will have a rifle. Padawans Jand Talo Jand Talo and Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek are already proficient in this skill and will be walking around to offer help, as will I. Do not be afraid to SPEAK UP... ASK QUESTIONS... GET INVOLVED.

Yes, He had a smirk but he was serious in this. This was a dangerous skill to learn, even in a controlled environment like this.

TAG: Padawan/Class Assistants : @Dagos Terrek | @Jand Talo
Attendees: @
Aveline Cuiléin | @Jasper Kai'el | @Samara | @Calix of Thyrsus | @Milla Caranthyr | @Mig Gred | @Iris Arani | @Lorna Halcyon | @Alex StormWolf | @Amanda braska | @Orson Velus

If you are not on this list and wish to to join, Please sign up here and then have fun with it.

Alex stood, silently taking in everything that Caltin was saying, when a huge lightning bolt slammed into the ground.

Well THAT got your attention, didn't it?

Alex had to grin a little at the Master's unique approach to teaching. He had never met Caltin personally, everything he knew about him was from stories that had wound their way to him through the Temple.

The stories certainly didn't do him justice. Big? Hell, the man was HUGE. Muscular? That was an understatement.

Alex was proficient in telekinetic ability, having been raised on Yanibar in the traditions of the Zeison Sha. The idea of learning to how to absorb and redirect potentially harmful energy had never occurred to him, until one of the other Knights had mentioned that Master Caltin Vanagor would be teaching a class involving the skill known as Tutaminis.

"Never hurts to have another skill in one's arsenal," Alex quipped. "This lesson should prove most enlightening."

Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Samara Samara | Calix of Thyrsus | Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf | Amanda braska | Orson Velus

She watched and listened to the others allowing what they said to go in and offered a small smirk at the lightning bolt.. dramatic effect was alwaays important as the talk of pairing off was there. Lorna looked around at some of the others and wondered who to work with... it wouldn't be perfect but she turned towards Iris Arani Iris Arani and bowed. "I do not know many people here, would you be willing to partner up?" She said it and looked at the droids that were there removing her cloak just enough to rub her hands together and feel a little of the warmth between them. She was ready and checked her hair so it wouldn't get in her face.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig had remained mostly quiet during all this. He was sorta the "old man" in this class. He shook his head a bit and chuckled to himself. The Mando'ad'jetii smiled a bit as he listened to all the answers, and the lesson. And Caltin explaining the difference between Force and natural lightning. This was all good to know, and the nature of what Tutaminis entailed. He looked around a bit as Caltin said everyone would be partnering up for this training. Mig decided just to wait and see who'd come up for it. He didn't really know anyone here other than the Master Jedi anyway, so it was a bit easier.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Samara Samara Calix of Thyrsus Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr Iris Arani Iris Arani Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf Amanda braska Orson Velus

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris listened. Watched. There was far more information behind this all than she'd initially even given thought to. Even when she realized it was a skill all it's own. She glanced to her hands, curiously watching the colors around it. She could never see her own, but she knew she could affect others. Even unliving things had their own colors she could see and manipulate, from droids to just rocks.

"I do not know many people here, would you be willing to partner up?"

She paused her internal musings, glancing up towards the stranger. Offered a smile and a nod.

"Sure. I'm Iris."

Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
jand_spacer_new1.png

The session began.

Jand stood at the back of the room, silent, dressed in his Jedi robes. Part of him wanted to be surprised by the turn out, but another part of him understood that Jedi sought knowledge. It had been the same since he had joined the Jedi Order almost a year ago. And in that time, the Nagai had started to learn much under Master Vanagor's tutelage, especially when it came to physical combat, which only helped to further Jand's own experience.

Another particularly interesting development had been Jand's affinity for Tutaminis. It seemed the pale Padawan had a natural inclination and adeptness with the ability, he had learned of that connection many months ago on Kashyyyk. Now, after further training and practice, alongside his other lessons, Jand had become quite proficient at it; though, that wasn't to say he was anywhere near the level of Master Vanagor, but Jand certainly was consistent in use and applicability now.

Still, there had been many - many - stings and burns from missed blaster bolts to reach that point.

"I am available to assist as needed," Jand said, once the learning session had reached the point that he, and Dagos, were introduced. "My initial advice is to not shy away from trying, due to pain or uncertainty. Training bolts and blades hurt, yes, but the experience from each will only help you develop from this point on."

Jand began to walk between the assembled groups, pointed ears alert for his name or calls for assistance...

Cora had been listening closely as Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor elaborated on the distinction between tutaminis and other related Force abilities. She'd been surprised to learn that this was more of a physical skill rather than esoteric.

To accentuate a point regarding energy dispersion, a surge of lightning seared through the sky and lanced to the ground behind him. Cora jumped, clearly startled as she looked from the Master Vanagor to the sky, then back to the Jedi teacher. He wore a knowing smile, and the lesson continued on as if he hadn't just commanded a bolt of raw electrical energy into the earth.

After a few more words from the Jedi Master, he bid them to break into pairs. Cora's gaze slid over to the Nagai when he was mentioned—and a brow quirked. The last time she'd seen Jand Talo Jand Talo , he'd been floating in a tank of bacta and deadpanning in response to her niceties.

As the students began to pair off in anticipation for the more martial part of her lesson, Cora found herself scanning the group that had gathered. A few familiar faces, but many were not—and that was something she aimed to change. She approached one of the Padawans (Orson Velus ), a quiet young man with dark hair.

"Hello," She greeted him with a smile and a brief straight-backed bow. "My name is Corazona, or Cora for short." Having shoved her full title—Corazona von Ascania of Utakis—in many faces thus far, Cora had determined that such an introduction was weird at best, offputting at the worst. Commoners simply did not do things the way Nobles did.

"Would you like to be partners for this exercise?"

Orson Velus

O
Orson focused on the Jedi Master's words, trying to take in as much of the speech in as he possibly could. He was potentially a bit too focused on Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor 's speech, his concentration only broken by the sudden crash of lightning, which almost made him jump out of his skin. It certainly had got his attention, as well as also making him quite curious about how making lightning would even work.

He frowned slightly when the forming of partners was raised, casting his gaze around the room. He only recognised Jasper those gathered, and briefly considered going up and asking him. However, before he even took a step over there, he spotted someone walking his way. He wasn't too bothered about walking up to someone, but this certainly was more preferable. "Hello." He returned the smile, before cocking an eyebrow at the bow. He wasn't sure if that was a Jedi tradition, or a tradition from her home planet. After a brief pause, he returned the bow, his confusion evident on his face.

"Orson." He continued, getting over his confusion just as quickly as it had appeared. "Nice to meet you, and yeah, it'd be nice to be partners."

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

This. Was. Cool.

So kriffing cool. Helping Cal lead a class was one of the coolest things he had ever done. It was almost as cool as when he got to punch a pirate or when he unleashed a seriously PO'd rancor on a bunch of poachers, or that time he was a tree.

It was a pretty good sized class which wasn't a surprise, Dagos had been to several of Caltin's classes before officially becoming his Padawaan and they had always been full.

Hearing Cal tell the many established Jedi here that he, Dagos, was proficient in the skill being taught, made the young Jedi happy. To him it felt like a bit of an exaggeration, he was at most, okay with tutaminis, not nearly as naturally talented at the skill as Jand, his master's other apprentice who was also helping out with today's class.

There was hardly a familiar face to be found, which wasn't surprising, Dagos' peers, his friends were all much further along than him by now, having adventures and becoming great Jedi while he now focused on being a good learner. There was at least one person he recognized.

"Hey Iris," Dagos said, walking over to the young woman who he had shared a couple of meals with in the past and one adventure out into the jungle in search of a dark presence, as she partnered up with someone Dagos had never met before. "I heard you're a knight now. Well done." He said with a smile only slightly aware that she may not remember him at all.

Iris Arani Iris Arani Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Jand Talo Jand Talo Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon

Alex noticed the Mando'ad'jetii standing off to one side, quietly chuckling to himself. For as long as he could recall, Alex had always had a fascination and deep respect for the warrior culture of the Mandalorians. Probably because, much like the Zeison Sha on Yanibar, they were forged from an early age to be resilient and self reliant.

Making his way over to the Mandalorian, Alex extended his right hand in greeting with a warm smile on his face.

"Alex StormWolf," he said, introducing himself. "And who might you be?"

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom