Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Tutaminis

"Excellent!" Cora clapped her hands in delight. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Orson." He'd seemed a tad confused by her approach at first, but friendly nonetheless.

As students began to pair off, Cora's gaze slid to the droids as they armed themselves in preparation for the martial lesson. She had every confidence that this would be non-lethal.

Right?

Still, the sting of even a training saber was not something she'd forget soon. With that in mind, Cora figured that it might be helpful to learn more about her partner if they were to be working together. She turned to Orson with a polite smile.

"Have you ever done anything like this before, Orson? I haven't. I do wonder how difficult this skill will be to pick up."

Orson Velus

Maxir Vancil

M

qC8JFYe.png

Tags: Amanda braska

eJqid9WIyIm_1bhSutgSjvusB4Vx7KXtoAMX4dI4QKb5EbzyslwXRqwmVQA52TigSB2LITFeceIdEfLFl8kW4sEAWCEbnJZ_dSeJGR7P39HHE4OVigoKGlfxvcfMQXPpv7yi8LJSwxc0F7132xiDLh_doq0GAsDncz41a6BXoD4HMDzBm_NKCetRiqFKwA

Master Vanagor next spoke about what Tutaminis was not. And what those other defensive skills entailed. Then answered his initial question. That Tutaminis was not one skill, but a group of skills. He then detailed what the skills were capable of doing. After his next part of the lecture the Master asked the students to divide up into pairs and then introduced his Padawans who probably already were versed in this skill and would be helping with the lessons.

Pairs…the obvious choice would be Amanda. She was his Master, she knew how it was that he learned. They could take the teachings and combine their efforts to learn in a way that the other pairs probably would not be able to. But would that be considered leaning too hard on Amanda? Would that prohibit her from learning on her own level because she had to drag his ass through.

“I’m not sure what pairing would be best,” Maxir whispered to Amanda. “I’m sure that I would learn best as your partner, but if you wish to learn on your own I would understand. There are others present I can pair with.”

eJqid9WIyIm_1bhSutgSjvusB4Vx7KXtoAMX4dI4QKb5EbzyslwXRqwmVQA52TigSB2LITFeceIdEfLFl8kW4sEAWCEbnJZ_dSeJGR7P39HHE4OVigoKGlfxvcfMQXPpv7yi8LJSwxc0F7132xiDLh_doq0GAsDncz41a6BXoD4HMDzBm_NKCetRiqFKwA

Orson Velus

O
Orson had his reservations about training with droids, as no matter how well made, surely something like that can always go wrong. He continued to watch them as they prepared, before looking back towards Cora. "Nothing anything close to this, I just arrived on Coruscant a few days ago, so it's my first like proper training of any kind. The idea of it sounds ok, I think but not sure I'd be confident trying it with anything moving even slightly fast."

He looked back towards the droids once again, frowning. "Do you have a preference between the light saber and rifle one?" He asked, trying to quickly think up which he would even want. Perhaps he was an idiot, but in his mind a lot more could go wrong with a gun.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Iris Arani Iris Arani Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

"I am Lorna." She said it and bowed her head. The green cloak moving in her arms to wrap up so she could position it and stretch out. She shook her hair out before another joined them and her first reaction was to think the worst... that she was going to be replaced but it was quickly replaced when he spoke to Iris and said hello to both of them. She positioned void on her hip and stretched a little to prepare. "Those droids look like fun and haven't done something liek this is awhile." She was more then happy though to be among the two of them wriggling her fingers to loosen up the energies moving between them while she focused on her breathing and how she could implement the techniques into her hands or full body if she was needed it.

"Oh! So you are a new arrival. I see." Cora nodded with vigor, hands pressed together. "In that event, welcome to Coruscant and the New Jedi Order!" She was delighted to meet not only a new face, but a Padawan who'd been here even for even less time than she had.

Cora understood his trepidation; she too did not feel particularly confident attempting to absorb blaster bolts or a lightsaber strike. Dodging was one thing, but to willingly take a hit in hopes of dissipating the damage was another thing entirely.

Following Orson's gaze to the droids, Cora bit the inside of her lip. Neither choice was ideal.

"I suppose if I had to choose, perhaps the droid with the blaster?" Both certainly had the potential to cause pain, but blaster bolts covered a smaller surface area than a plasma blade. "Given that you are new here, I shall give you the first choice."

Cora gave Orson a confident smile, one that twitched at the edges with overlain nerves. As new as he was, she was still quite the novice as well.

Orson Velus

Orson Velus

O
"Thanks." He smiled, nodding to the welcome before continuing to look over at the two droids.

Orson listened along to her choice, slightly surprised by her choice. Maybe he was looking at them completely wrong, or he just didn't understand how these droids worked, because he was a lot more confident in dodging a lightsaber strike than a blaster bolt if something went wrong.

"Really?" He waited a few moments, thinking over his decision one last time, before eventually saying with about as much confidence as he could. "Yeah, that choice is good for me. I think I'd prefer the lightsaber one."

Orson wasn't entirely sure how long these things would take to set up, but he hoped it wouldn't be too long before he changed his mind or started to overthink matters.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Dagos? You're one of Caltin's?"

She offered him a smile and a dip of her head. So that's where he'd been. Learning from Caltin. Alongside Jand, no less? She stifled a laugh at the thought of the two hanging out. Personality clash, for sure.

"It's good to see you. Yeah, Valery promoted me. Heh. Still feels weird, not going to lie."

Iris glanced towards Lorna, nodding. Yeah. This could be fun. Maybe. Probably. Caltin wasn't going to make this painful, right? Yeah, totally not going to be painful. Not too painful, anyway. Her gaze shifted back to her hands as she focused on the colors. Focused on trying to at least replicate the colors she'd seen, how they moved. Pull the energy into herself, rather than cut it off.

"It'll be interesting, for sure."

Lorna Halcyon Lorna Halcyon | Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

She looked at Iris and held up her hands finally letting energy arc between her fingers. "COme on, lets see what you can do... worse case, I'll block a shot for you." She said it and she was prepared for any number of things here but she looked towards the droids themselves. Stretching her legs and arms but she rechecked her hair to make sure it was out fo the way. "Alright, lets see what Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor can do. My grandfather mentioned him once or twice in stories." THe holocron and ancestors were nice... she got to commune with them and learn what she could... the clone wars had a halcyon same as later to share some of the information.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig looked at the Jedi that walked up, nodding and shaking his hand as he spoke.

"Mig Gred. Figured an old strill could learn some new tricks today." He'd then take his helmet off, knowing some people were more comfortable seeing the face of those they were talking to. He then looked around, seeing the training weapons as he looked. "Plus I was never good at blocking, and have lighter beskar'gam (Mandalorian Armor), so to say anything helps would be an understatement." He then looked back, thinking about the training they were about to do.

"Master Vanagor is definitely direct on training." Mig smiled as he said this, clearly meaning the comment as a good thing, cause at least when he was training his kids that's what he tried to do too.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf

Amanda braska

A
Maxir Vancil open

Amanda also listened to caltins speech about tutaminis she figured she got enough of a grasp of it to attempt to help maxir. Learn it aswell as herself or atleast try anyway and when maxir whispered into her ear about them training together she looked at him. "OF course your training with me maxir" she said standing straight she had a training saber for both of them and Two stun blasters handy. "The only real question is do you want to start with a training saber or stun blasters she asked.

"Pleasure to meet you Mig," Alex said. "I've known a few Mandalorians over the years, but you're the very first Mando'ad'jetii I've ever seen."

Noticing the training droids, one of which looked as if it were flexing its robotic fingers in anticipation and staring at them both with a rather unnerving robotic gaze, Alex turned back to Mig Gred gestured towards the droids.

"I have to wonder...when was the last time anyone did a memory wipe on these droids? This one looks like he's looking forward to this a lot more than we are."

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Be careful what you wish for.
‘Your work is not to drag the world kicking and screaming into a new awareness. Your job is to simply do your work… sacredly, secretly, silently … and those with “eyes to see and ears to hear’ will respond.’ –The Arturians

As he looked around, Caltin was satisfied with who was in the class and who was not coming. So he started something he had never done before. The massive Jedi Master started “pruning”, and tapping various attendees on the shoulder as he continued to walk around the room.

If I tap you on the shoulder, then you are welcome to audit this class and watch, but you will not participate. What I am teaching requires a lot of focus that you are not exhibiting. It is okay you can try it the next time I offer to teach this, but you need to be in the right frame of mind.

What many of those in attendance see are Silver Jedi Temple guards being tapped as well as other Jedi that they might not have seen before. Many of these “former students” were fully aware of what was happening. They were never here to attend this class, they were here as a personal favor to the massive Jedi Master. Caltin takes the umbrella that is Tutaminis very seriously and doing this will hopefully add the weight of just how much he does to those to whose shoulders he did not tap.

Those who were “expelled”? They were already capable of the skill anyway, they just wanted to help out a friend. They were fine, and if they did what they came here to do (make others see just how important this was to the instructor), all the better.

Back to the matter at hand, once he had gotten everyone’s attention, the big man pressed a couple of buttons on his vambrace and the droids began to move as well. Weapons were leveled and they were on the attack.

Remember. The weapons are set to “training” and “stun” but they will hurt. You will mess up, you will miss and it will hurt. Even when you succeed, it will hurt. The only person who could control this skill at will with no pain already wore basically a metal suit and had metal hands.

Stopping in the middle of the arena, he looked around.

If you couldn’t do this. I would not have accepted your name onto the roster, just fall back on your training. Trust in the Force, focus on what I told you… and ask questions as they come up. No matter how small.

With that, the training sabers swung and the rifles blasted.

TAG: Padawan/Class Assistants : @Dagos Terrek | @Jand Talo
Attendees: @
Aveline Cuiléin | @Jasper Kai'el | @Samara | @Calix of Thyrsus | @Milla Caranthyr | @Mig Gred | @Iris Arani | @Lorna Halcyon | @Alex StormWolf | @Amanda braska | @Orson Velus

If you are not on this list and wish to to join, Please sign up here and then have fun with it.

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

She listened and prepared.. the jedi master was speaking as she breathed in and out. Iris was here and the droids were moving... the comment about one person controlling it at will being metal was... a sting maybe but she wasn't to worried about it. She would just have to show that she knew what she was doing here. The droids preparing to attack when she breathed in and then out... her mind clearing and she let herself become void... become empty of everything in the moment. She allowed the energy to form in her hands... allowed it to breathe in what was around her as the first shot came at her... and she moved bringing her hand out to catch it and hopping just enough to reach it as she felt it impact her hand and bleed into it. The impact being used to twist her around in the air and the force senses expanding to feel the second shot as she spun around and caught it to twirl again as she crouched down lower with a look at the droids to keep watching them. Her fists clenching and unclenching while she was looking to see what Iris could do with it but her face remained neutral.

Master Vanagor circled around them, tapping students on the shoulder for dismissal. Cora tensed with nervous anticipation as the Jedi instructor headed in their direction, but his hulking form ultimately passed over herself and Orson.

Exhaling in relief, the blonde rolled her shoulders in preparation for the training to come. She offered Orson an encouraging smile, glad that they'd both met Caltin's criteria to be here, whatever that may be.

The training began in earnest, with Cora facing the blaster wielding droid and Orson standing opposite of the saber-bearing cyborg. When staring down the barrel of a blaster rifle, the notion of absorbing a bolt head on suddenly seemed a lot more daunting.

"Ah-" Moving on instinct, Cora dodged the first few bolts. She was light on her feet, using minuscule movements to shift herself out of the line of fire by a hair's breadth, until she was struck in the shoulder.

"Ow!" The Padawan hissed and stumbled back, grasping at her shoulder. The stun bolt sizzled and burned past the fabric of her tunic and into her flesh, but it would only leave a nasty bruise and not a wound that needed dressing. Frustration crept onto her face, and she glanced to Orson to see how he was faring.

It was one thing to avoid an injury, but it was an entirely different skill to try and absorb its power.

Orson Velus Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Orson Velus

O
Orson watched somewhat confusedly as the Jedi Master walked around tapping people on their shoulders, letting out a small sigh of relief as he passed him and Cora.

He stepped back slowly, squaring off with the saber wielding droid. He took a series of deep breathes, and rolled his shoulders as he prepared for the droid to take its first swing. In his head, he was fully prepared to stand his ground and absorb the energy. However, as the saber was swung down towards him, his instincts stuck over, and he instead rolled his head under the blade, narrowly avoiding it.

The Padawan continued to simply duck, and roll under the next few swings, looking increasingly annoyed each time.
"Can't.." He was more annoyed at himself for not being able to even stand still and attempt it. He briefly glanced over his shoulder to check how his training partner was fairing. He had looked at a rather unfortunate time, checking just as she was hit by the bolt.

Eventually, he'd have to just commit to trying it, instead of continuing to just dodge blades, which he felt he could continue for a good while longer at the current pace. He took a final deep breathe, deciding to trust in both himself and the force. What could go wrong really? As the saber was swung down towards him, he shot his own hand up to meet it, and for a moment he seemed to have succeeded. The saber was stopped completely in Orson's hand, and he seemed to be unfazed by it, but his successes only lasted for a brief moment, before it continued on it's downwards path, batting Orson's hand away.

Orson stepped back away, shaking his hand with a frown. It'd probably bruise, and he wasn't keen to take too hits like that, but it wasn't awful. "Feels unnatural to stand still and basically wait to get hit."

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf

Mig chuckled a bit. He nodded, looking around.

"Well, glad to be the first. So are you ready for this?" He then listened to Caltin carefully, focusing on the task at hand and taking the training lightsaber. He gave it a look before igniting the blade, and taking it in a one handed grip. He'd do some quick moves to test this weapon before hearing Alex. The Mandalorian would then look at the droids, thinking for a moment.

"Not sure, but always liked droids that hadn't been wiped. Wouldn't complain too much in case any of them hold a grudge though." Good to know this would be painful at least.... He gave Alex a nod, ready to follow the man's lead.

Alex flexed his fingers and turned to face the training droid. He assumed that he would have to try and absorb the incoming bolts with his left hand, since his right arm was entirely prosthetic. He made a mental note to ask Caltin Vanagor, as he had heard tales regarding how Darth Vader had deflected blaster shots with his bare hands. Of course though, Vader was more machine than man, and had the advantage of blast dampening fabric woven into his gauntlets. Alex was in no hurry to transform himself into a lumbering cybernetic terror, just to deflect blasters.

"Alright droid...gimme your best shot," he quipped.

The droid fired off a single, quick shot, aimed right at Alex's chest. He raised his left hand to deflect a fraction of a second too late, and took the bolt dead center to the chest, knocking him flat on his back.

"Oh, that was....absolutely invigorating...painfully so," Alex groaned, rolling to his hands and knees and breathing hard through gritted teeth. "Maybe it'd be a heck of a lot easier just to join the Mandalorians and score some of that Beskar plate armor."

Mig Gred Mig Gred
Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Mig couldn't help but chuckle a little at Alex's quip before tapping his own gantlet a bit.

"Well my gam isn't exactly pure Beskar. Alright droid, lets try this." He took a more fighting stance, looking at the droid and getting ready. He looked around, taking a breath and thinking back on Caltin's words. He just had to focus. He already knew this would hurt, but being a grey himself he wasn't exactly unwilling to use that fact. And then he droid fired, and a training bolt hit square into the Mandalorian's shoulder. Mig slowed his arm, rubbing some of the spots where he wasn't wearing plate.

"Ok, that hurts more than I was expecting."

Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

"No pain, no gain," Alex said, as he got back to his feet and faced the droid. "Alright, ya walking toaster, I dare ya to do that again."

Alex could swear that he heard the droid snickering at him as it fired another bolt, aimed for precisely the same spot as before. This time however, his timing was spot on, and he let the Force flow through him, envisioning it as a solid barrier around his body. The bolt hit the center of Alex's left palm and bounced straight back at the droid who emitted a startled electronic yelp as it hit him.

"Ok, that wasn't exactly absorbing a blaster bolt, but it's a start," Alex said, surprised at himself to have achieved that feat.

Mig Gred Mig Gred
Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom