Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Hot-headed for Jedi... (Xardus)

Lexa narrowed her eyes, looking out into the night. Sure enough, a familiar man was there in the rain, shuffling down the street. Lexa sighed. "I thought I'd eventually find him here," she muttered. The man had attempted to rob her and escaped in terror not several hours before. She had loosely been tracking him when she had met Xardus. "Well, I guess I should go and return the favor..." She hissed.
@[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

"Would you like me to help, or would you rather I hang back?" Xardus looked at her questioningly, seeming to understand what she was thinking. He wasn't usually too keen on killing, but he would go with whatever she decided.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

"Yea... I can handle myself." 'I'm just worried about you', his brain finished. He didn't know why he felt so protective of her all of a sudden. Maybe he saw his sister in her. Maybe it was something else entirely. Whatever it was, he was determined to protect Lexa. "Lets move."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa sprinted through the rain, her feet falling silently as she pursued the man. She was like a predator stalking her prey. At last she made it to him. The man was unaware of Lexa standing inches away from his back. When he turned and saw her, he jumped backward away from her. "You...." He breathed, shocked. Lexa smiled devilishly. "Surprise," She purred. The man pulled out a knife, fear all over his face. "Stay away, or I swear I'll kill you." She shook her head. "Not if I beat you to it." She said, activating her saber's golden blade.

Xardus couldn't say he was surprised when Lexa ignited the lightsaber. Anyone could have the potential to use the force, fire shapers especially. After all, he had helped Morna with his lightsaber. Standing back, he watched the two go at each other, though he could feel a great deal of fear in the man. "Lexa... What did he do?"

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa continued to glower at the man. "He decided to try and 'lift some of the weight' from my wallet. When I wouldn't let that happen, he did exactly what he's doing now. He waved that little piece of metal at me, thought I'd play nice with him. Guess he didn't expect me to have a lightsaber." She used the Force to pick the man up, and held him against the side of the building. "But there's something you need to get, buddy. I DON'T PLAY NICE." She hissed.

Xardus nodded slowly, understanding. It was taking all of his willpower not to intervene. He didn't enjoy death, but at the same time he knew that it wasn't his choice, it was hers. Still... Sighing, he willed her lightsaber to close on itself. "Lexa, let him go", he spoke softly.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa turned her gaze to Xardus. "And why should I? I've met so many of his kind before. The minute you let them go, they go out and do the exact same thing, but to people who can't protect themselves. Quite frankly, I'd rather it be his blood on my hands than all of the innocent blood he'll take when I release him." She said the last part through her teeth.

"I can guarantee he'll stop", Xardus promised. Pushing past her, he grabbed the man, wrenched his knife away, and slashed a deep cut into his left arm. As the thief screamed in agony, Xardus's eyes bored into his. "Now, I want you to think about the last time you stole. Think really hard now." Satisfied the man had the moment on his mind, he reached into his head with the force. Slowly at first, then increasing in speed, he made the pain nearly unbearable for the man. This lasted for a good three minutes until he fell unconscious from the pain. Xardus then relented, stopping the pain. Healing the cut, he turned back to Lexa. "Every time he thinks about thievery, he will relive that pain at fluctuating levels. He will hate the concept soon enough."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa turned sharply away from Xardus and the man, her hair whipping out behind her. "Don't look at me like that. I am not a child; he had every right to die, just as countless others before him. No matter how much it may bother you, Xardus, the fact still remains. I have taken lives before, and I will absolutely do so in the future." She clenched her hands into fists, her back still turned to him.

"There is always a fate better than death. He didn't need to die, and you know it." Xardus turned her around to face him. "You don't have to always be on a path of vengeance. I followed that path for most of my life, and it got me nowhere. Trust me, it isn't the way you want to go."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa rolled her eyes, and stared at him with a hard face. "Sometimes life isn't better than death....." she said emotionlessly. She spoke from experience. There was a time when all she wanted was death. The only reason why she held on to her life was because of Azekor and her friends, though there were few. If they were ever taken from her, she wouldn't be able to sustain herself any longer.

Xardus faced her, speaking calmly. "Lexa, I'm asking you to trust my judgement here. He did not need to die. I saved you from your own regret. Trust me, I know."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa guffawed. "Yeah. I stopped regretting a long time ago. So thanks, but I'm good..." Shr siad flatly. She turned and began walking back down the street, not even noticing that the rain had ceased.

Lexa, wait... please." Xardus ran to catch up with her, soaked from the rain, his hair matted down to his forehead. "Why are you so intent on killing? What drives you to have an iron fist on such matters? Let me help you, please."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa stopped and started laughing, but it was a harsh laugh. "You think I need help? You wanna know why killing doesn't bother me? Fine. I kill because if I don't kill, I don't survive. You spend a few months alone on Dxun and see if you can live one night on your rule of mercy! I DARE YOU!" Her words cut through the air like a blade as she glared at him, the smirk on her face disappearing.

"Dxun? Really? So in killing your way through a planet of predators, animals, you justify killing people?" Xardus glared back at her. "I fully understand what that planet can do to people. But it's not covered in people trying to kill you. Last time I checked, people didn't give me this." He pulled up his shirt, turning around, where a scar ran down his back. "Do humans have wings and claws like skreevs have? You answer that for me."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa threw up her hands in the air ad let out a frustrated cry. She began walking again, faster than before. Her fists were clenched, and sparking a little bit. She needed to hit something....

As much as he understood Lexa's situation, Xardus couldn't let her try to kill anyone. He could literally feel the anger rippling from her. "Lexa... If you need to hit something... to hurt something... Take it out on me. I won't fight back, I promise."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom