Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Hot-headed for Jedi... (Xardus)

Lexa watched both of his dragons swirl through the air to meet hers. "I can stand lightning. But that doesn't mean I like it..." She shuddered, remembering a time a while ago...
@[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

Xardus nodded in agreement, his mouth in a wry smile. "I've had a difficult past. I've gone down the wrong road a time or two. But no matter how far I stray, I will never allow myself to use the dark side to my advantage. I owe some people at least that much." He sighed and took another sip of his tea.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa nodded. "The dark side is always with me. It's always wanted me to......succumb......... Even now, if I listen, I can hear it....." She grew silent for a moment. The Force flowed through her. The taint of darkness within her was as soft as a whisper, but still there. She frowned down at her tea. "I was never a Jedi. I never will be. But I'm not heartless. Not like a Sith. Despite everything, I could never be a Sith." She took another sip of her tea, the heat of the liquid not even scathing her tongue.

The word 'Jedi' seemed to pain Xardus. It was one that he usually preferred not to use if he didn't have to. "My father was a Jedi, and so was I", he replied silently, his voice that of a whisper. His father had been killed by a bounty hunter many years ago, when he was still barely into his teens. He had searched the galaxy, only to come up with nothing. It was a story he shared with very few. Only his sister, and two of his former masters had been trusted with the secret. Sighing, he finished his yea and walked to the mouth of the cave, looking outward. It was still pouring rain, now even worse than before.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa eyed him as he walked to the cave mouth, sensing his pain. "I never knew my parents. At least, I don't remember knowing them. Those memories.......They are lost to me.......And I don't know why......." She looked down at the ground. She could remember nothing of her past before she woke up on Dxun. Nothing, save ashes....

"I'm sorry for your loss." Xardus turned back to face her. "A memory is... the most prized possession anyone could ever have." He wondered for a minute, staring at her. Why was he being so open to her? Was it attraction? A ripple in the force? He couldn't be sure. But whatever it was, it was a feeling unlike one he had ever experienced. Being completely unsure of this made him uncomfortable. He felt like he should know the feeling well, but he didn't. It was the most frustrating thing going on in the man's head for a long time.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa shook her head. "Not for me. Even though the memory is gone, The pain from it still remains. A mind can forget, but the Force never can." She remembered waking up in the jungle, a hollowing pain filling her being. She didn't know where it had come from. She didn't know why it was there. It was so intense, that for a while, all she could do was hold herself as if she was going to fall to pieces.

Xardus nodded solemnly. "There are some things I wish I could forget. Things that are so etched into my brain that I think I'll go crazy just from thinking about it all the time. I've killed people that didn't deserve it. I've made my bad choices along the road. I wish I could just take it all back." He returned to sit next to Lexa by the fire, unconsciously scooting closer to her.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa looked deep into the flames. "I don't care about killing the people who deserve to be killed. Sometimes, I scare myself. I can take life without thinking about it. I feel nothing. I have to be careful, or I'll become something I'm not..." She clenched her jaw.

"I'm somewhat of a lost cause to everyone." He chuckled then. "At this point in life, I always look for another way, so that death is a last resort. And I do all I can to protect others. That would make me eligible to be a Jedi right?" He shook his head. "Dead wrong. First, the Jedi are judgmental bastards. You do one thing wrong, and they want to crucify you. I'm not exactly Jedi material anyway. I have different morals that they would scoff at, like my craving to know all I can about the force. They seem to forbid knowledge, even though they claim to protect it. So in short, too light to be a Sith, too dark to be a jedi. I'm just kind of stuck in between." He shrugged, as if it were nothing.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa looked at him. "I was taught to be in between. My brother always told me this: 'Jedi always think that to suppress your feelings makes you stronger. That if you feel nothing, and only kill if you've got no other choice, you're one of the greatest warriors in the galaxy. That is where they're wrong. Sith always think that to let your emotions consume you makes you stronger. That if you unleash everything, and kill whenever you feel the need, you're one of the greatest warriors in the galaxy. That is where they're wrong. There is only one path that agrees with the nature of the human being, and that is the path of a Neutral.' " Lexa chuckled at the thought of quoting Azekor word-for-word.

"Those are very wise words." Xardus chuckled again, glad to have someone to talk to for once. "Yea, it hasn't exactly
been an easy life, but knowing that I can make my own choices does make it worthwhile. What do you think?" He looked at Lexa expectantly, enjoying their conversation.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa shrugged. "I'm not one for codes or morals. I use what I've got to survive another day. Making decisions on my own is nice most of the time. Sometimes, though, I wish someone could just tell me what I'm supposed to do, you know?"

"I understand that perfectly." Xardus nodded in agreement. "I've taught a few people what I know, one vein my sister, and if anything they sook me out and not the other way around. They came to me for guidance, leadership... And I gave it to them." He looked at Lexa again for a second. "I could teach you a few things if you like."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

"No, I don't mean as a master, just to show you a few tricks." Xardus laughed as well, his voice echoing in the cave. "I mean, I can do this, for example." He opened his hand to her, in which a deep swirl of fire and ice was produced. After a few seconds, a small stone rose lay in his hand, every pedal down to the last detail. "For you."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa gingerly took the rose from him, examining it. "Impressive," She said. Setting the rose down, she crossed her arms. "Alright then. Enlighten me with your wisdom," She smiled jokingly.

"I wouldn't exactly call it wisdom." Xardus smirked as she examined his creation. "But, there is a lot the force can teach you. For example..." He closed his eyes for a second, and his form began to shimmer, then he became completely invisible. "Pretty cool huh?", came a voice from where he had been.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

When Lexa reached out, she wound up finding his nose, which made Xardus chuckle a little. Shimmering back into visibility, he smirked at her. "There's more where that came from."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom