Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Time It's Not A Fight! (Lords of the Fringe Dominion of Yalara to 175 posts)

@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

The Gypsymoth jumped to hyperspace at the perfect moment; the stygium cloak vanished instants before it would have made the ship explode. He emerged from hyperspace at the rendezvous and angled the old YV-929 towards the Iron Snake.

"Coming in for docking, folks. Got your gear ready?"

Sargon noticed the prophet and Lord Admiral lifting the stones but simply didn't register into his equations. He had men to organize and get moving. ::Centurion Vynea to all legionnaires, by squads I want each of you to stick to a heavy lifter and fill their loaders up with small rubble. Lifting teams will remove their armor the added weight will simply slow you down. Engineers, I want the largest pieces marked and chained up so we can drag them out. Fleet command, I'm going to need two squads of tanks to start dragging the ore.::

He watched the entire operation over with one other nagging thought in mind. ::perimeter guard, I want the heavy weaponry we just received installed immediately. This is a simple and clean operation, lets keep it that way.::

By now, the engineers and remaining personnel had scampered away from the levitating chunk of stygium, anxiously watching the massive floating hulk of ore with squinting eyes.

"And now we drop it."

Dranok loosed his invisible grip upon the karking huge piece of ore, spending it crashing into the ground below to splinter into dozens of much smaller fragments and splay each and every way.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@Samanthe Quiwl

The droid ran excited little circles around her ankles, firing merrily, and then the village was dead. But as he played back the joy...

BREEWEEEP*

Who won, Mistress? WHo gets to pick the next target?

Matreya

Zaiden laughed at the plan, it was just simple enough to make things easy as possible. As soon as the pieces were done moving, the Legate began to call to multiple pieces, gathering them into easy to lift piles. So that the new centurions commands could be followed better, and faster.

As he stood, he began to feel a deep energy nearby...

@[member="Dranok Lussk"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"Oh, I can respect that," said the Dark Lord, fixing the images and perceptions in his mind. "We can reverse-Drain Knowledge on more technical minds once we're done here, give them first-hand knowledge of the largest cloaking device ever built. I'd imagine Warren Valik would be especially grateful."

Rosa Gunn

R
@[member="Jorus Merrill"]
@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]

"All set to upset, Gypsy." Rosa replied with a smile as she slotted her lightsaber into her belt. "Docking in three...two..." Metal groaned in protest and Rosa planted a gentle kiss on Seroths cheek, leaving him to shut down the ship till they returned as she headed for the hatch to greet Jorus.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
With the chair pulled in, Ashin's knees were beneath the desk where Anaya sat. If that were Spencer, Ashin would have just pulled her off the desk to straddle her lap. But that wasn't Spencer, even if memories of Anaya and Spencer together made for certain...confused...feelings.

Still leaning back, fingers interlaced behind her head, Ashin stared up at Anaya. "Perspective's an interesting thing, isn't it," she said, unblinking, a hint of a smile forming. "For example, when you first took up quarters aboard the Chimaera, from one perspective you might possibly have taken that invitation as, well...an invitation. I'm not the only one who remembers Eshan."

@[member="Rosa Mazhar"] @[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Trades of flushed raspberry and cherry played out on his boyish features, still as smitten since that one evening trading their first kiss before a frosted porthole. Seroth rose as he keyed off the engines, putting the engine and petrol-solar cells to a temporary slumber. His hand stroked the cleaned dashboard, promising they'd all be back in close company once more. He tooled up, fixing axe, knife, longsword into its waiting shoulder sheathe, war club at his waist, and a mean old bastard of a trench gun into his hand, clipped with a prominent, polished bayonet. The lad stole out behind his beau, nodding to the gentleman approaching across the hanger. ...He'd not gone this suited out since Contruum.

@[member="Rosa Mazhar"]@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]

The hatch sealed shut behind the lovebirds, and Gypsymoth broke away from the other ship to jump to hyperspace. It was a very short jump, and the cloaking field went up almost instantly after reversion.

"All right, folks," Jorus called down from the cockpit, "we're cloaked again and on approach to Yalara. I've got crappy sensors in that little pod, but you guys ever heard of the Bard of the Hyperlanes? He runs with the Rebels now, an' he just commed me his stygium-resonance sensor algorithms. We just might be able to find what's got the Fringe so happy. Yeah...we're getting a reading. It's a hornet's nest over there."

Rekali the Hutt

R
Reffeii's words echoed in Ardak's head. Ardak had made progress, but had a long way to go. It seemed his neutrality was appreciated, but still made people wary of him. If he could unite the Ssi-Ruu behind him his army could be a strong one, a bit differently flavored than the Republic was, but one of the strongest he'd been a part of. The SSR-01 was a good rifle, the llwhekk shipyards were superb, and the entechment technology monstrously efficient. He supposed the question after that would what to do with them?

Another millesecond later he remembered what he'd do with them. Take care of old enemies, removing powers from their overinflated thrones. His voice would be heard in the galaxy again, one way or another.

"The ceremony has been completed Shreeftut Ardak." Riffeii reported, and Ardak smiled.

"Excellent. Move in all available forces to aid in whatever capacities the Fringe desires. Show them the strength this Imperium still has, and let them know their ally is a great one."

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"] @[member="Belle Morte"]

As the two other Knights watched and perceived her efforts through the Force, Rave used Dark Repair to knit up the cut on her wrist. "Good as new," she said. "Thus ends Dark Repair 101. Now, lady and gentleman, if you'll excuse me, it's time to put the finishing touches on this base."

Her hands danced over control panels.

Spencer smiled and nodded. She could think of a few technical minds that would enjoy the thoughts of a cloaking device this big. Though only one stuck out as to being able to fully grasp the concept and put it to practical use. Valik was someone she interacted with only a few times, her wife was the one that had the strong bond with the man. Musing over this, they would have to pay the scientist a visit.

"Should probably crate a holocron of this as well. The knowledge is too valuable to just allow it to be lost to only one mind."

The crystal would have to be separated out later from the actually durasteel in the structure but that didn't matter to Sargon. What did matter was securing the extremely rare crystal aboard Fringe capital ships. With their perimeter secure and the skies clearly their he felt confident in the mission's success. Surveying the wreckage he made a note to himself on several things he'd have done differently, but kept the entire pile moving. If he understood anything was that someone was going to be cursing his name in a few days as the pieces of this mess were sorted out and the tiniest crystal fragment collected. He didn't care at all that was what they were being paid for. He was being paid to secure the material and the site, and not one single piece of stygium crystal would be lost or forgotten.

::Fleet command, this is Centurion Sargon again. I want every single member of this ground crew searched completely before they leave your shuttle bays. Not one piece of stygium is to be unaccounted for.::

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"Funny you should mention holocrons," said Velok, and the flow-walking vision ended. He produced a bag of crystal stock and scattered it on the floor. "You know how to craft one, as do I. Let's record this knowledge now, and whatever else we prefer to throw in."

A holocron began to take form, painstakingly.

Nisha Decrilla

N
"When I first took up quarters on the Chimera I was not aware I was placing myself once more beneath the Empress of Ten Thousand Worlds and her dear little..." she resisted the urge to say pet.

"She would rather see me dead and floating among the stars. There was no invitation...except from you. Why is that?" She leant forward "My tendency to lie, deceive and betray outweighs my usefulness."

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

@[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]
"It all rides on a justification," The lad called up, taking a few last moments to fix the trench gun barrel with some cleaning solution. Bore-shells rustled in his harness pocketing, jostling like angry stag-beetles. "Speaking with the venerable Admiral? It is either them or the Protectorate that makes a claim here. It is everything or nothing at all. If such is the case, then I am not sure how this is going to be played. Is there anywhere not crawling with personnel?"

The Lord Admiral sighed, admiring his work as legionnaires and engineers swarmed the area with heavy lifters to transport the resources back to the fleet. The ground operations were to be accounted for easily, his subordinates were capable enough to lay siege to heavily defended mountain fortress if they wanted to. With that thought in mind, he turned to face @[member="Zaiden James-Greyson"].

"Greyson, bring your legion down. You'll be working hand-in-hand with Centurion Vynea, make sure every single piece. of stygium makes it to the fleet."

The Lord didn't wait for a reply, he merely raised a hand in departure as he strode for a dropship taking off. Dranok shouted to Sargon and Zaiden as he boarded, "I'll be up at fleet, I'm sure you two can handle things down here."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Anaya Fen"]

Ashin smiled faintly. "Spencer might tell you that I don't always see people in terms of their usefulness. Rest assured, Anaya, I see you in several ways, and from several..."

She stood; the chair moved back, and now Ashin was standing very close to Anaya, looking down at her.

"...perspectives."

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa smiled at the mention of the Bard. "I've heard of him, never had the pleasure of meeting him though. The surface will be crawling with them, but if we're in and out fast enough, we should be fine. If not, well, I'm sure we can give them something to think twice about."

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]
@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom