Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private This The Right Place?

24fJtNC.png

"I don't know the name of the Sith, but there was a ritual that allowed you to absorb souls. Souls that would keep their own personality, but their power would become yours. If you became the vessel for his soul, you could absorb all the fragments and put them together inside your body. What I do know about souls is they want to be whole." Why, he didn't exactly want to go into detail about. Bad memories, for sure. Kahlil took a breath before finding his seat once again to stare out the window past Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim .

"You've got a good view here."

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
BW6eRlw.png
Equipment: Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Tag(s): Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
dRUm20K.png

Ingrid listened intently to Kahlil; the woman would have had no objection to her being Adrian's vessel until all the pieces had gathered. So she would always feel the man close to herself, not to mention that it might be easier to heal Adrian within her own body and soul as well. This was a quite good idea.

"That sounds very interesting, I’ve never heard of the possibility of having more souls within a body. In both cases, when something wanted to occupy my body, it also wanted to kill me. How can this be solved so that the body or the souls does not tear apart?"

The other two were hostile, so she definitely felt that her body was small for the two souls. But Adrian was not an enemy, in fact! The exact opposite; it had always been a pleasure for her to feel the Sith Lord's aura. She didn’t dare to get herself into this idea for now, because she was afraid it wouldn’t work either, and then the woman would be shattered again. She’s been too frustrated on this issue already to bear much more. Ingrid also looked out the window after Kahlil's words. The sudden change of subject did not escape her attention.

"We love Vengard, the most beautiful city on Kalidan, but I think in the whole Unknown Region. We didn’t want to leave the town with Tubrok, but the former baron’s palace was already small; and there the defence was not the best either. Do you have a permanent home now?"

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"The ritual I'm speaking of binds the spirit of a powerful darksider to your own will. If you use it to control only one, you can avoid catastrophe for yourself easily. One spirit will never be able to overpower you. More, though, and they'll try to take your body for themselves. With Adrian, I don't imagine that's something he'd like. He would live on in you, and the pieces would reform just by being in contact."

That was the theory, at least. The irony of the situation was his want to help others was having him use some pretty dark knowledge he held onto. "You'd have to go to Dromund Kaas to truly learn it. The Sith Lord who mastered the ability is there in one of the old tombs. It's a place I cannot go, though." For her safety, especially. While his sister had disappeared, his great uncle still held control of the Empire. And Prazius was ever the faithful follower of Kaine.

He blinked, turning his gaze back to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . "Me? No. Ish. I live on my ship, but I certainly don't have a building for a home."

Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
BW6eRlw.png
Equipment: Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
dRUm20K.png

She continued to listen carefully to what Kahlil had said. Nor did she think Adrian wanted to occupy her body by force, she wasn't like that. Although of course no one knows what happened to the soul pieces, how damaged they were. Ingrid thought that if they started coming together, they would become more and more like Adrian. What Kahlil said was very interesting. She really hadn't heard of it before.

"Thank you for your honest answer! This can be a very interesting and promising solution that I definitely need to look for. I agree with you, I don’t think he would want to occupy or possess my body."

Ingrid remained silent for a moment, then continued; she really understood perfectly why the man couldn't come there.

"So Dromund Kaas, I understand why you can't come there. But I think I’m already going to find the place I’m looking for there. I hope the ghost I’m looking for is still there and they haven’t taken the object away from what the Sith Lord’s attached to."

The answer to the next was familiar to the woman, and she lived that way for a very long time. When she was only an agent and had to travel constantly.

"Didn’t you think about getting a new look or trying to change your Force signature to settle somewhere?"

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"It should still be there." By all accounts, he had every intention of finding the ghost for himself when the time came. But instead, he had left the Sith. Disowned the Dark. He laughed at Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim 's next question before shaking his head. "Once or twice. I was a scrawny kid when I left, part of it was as simple as changing my hair, growing a beard. Getting physically stronger. Anything to dissuade people from recognizing who I am."

He paused again as he looked out the window to the planet. He easily could change who he was now, if that's what he wanted. And yet, he hadn't. Deep down, he simply didn't want to disown who he was or where he came from.

"My family has committed countless atrocities. My father now devours worlds to fuel his lust for power, and the rest follow in his footsteps. But I have to hope I can save them. And show the galaxy that the Zambrano name isn't one to instill fear, but hope." Kahlil blinked, then laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his head.

"It's probably a Jedi thing that's rubbed off on me, honestly. But I don't plan on hiding."

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png

"I hope you are really right and they will still be there."

She really wished that if they had been there, the woman would have only a few minutes to acquire the necessary knowledge due to the use of memory rub. She should have the ghost for just that long. She would then have let them do what they wanted, live their “life”. Luckily, the woman was already good enough in such a memoir, and of course in such a way that the other would retain her memories. Her thoughts were finally interrupted by the man's laughter. She glanced at him questioningly, then began to answer.

"You’re actually lucky, you’re not very similar to the rest of your family. If I weren’t an agent, I might never have realized you were a Zambrano."

That was true, it was the woman’s job to recognize that sort of thing. Another would certainly not have succeeded. So she said that honestly and listened for a moment and thought about what Kahlil had said. Jedi…

"You are naive, unfortunately people are not like that. Most make decisions based on prejudice. That’s why a lot of people think of me as Tacitus. That I'm the same, just because I was his disciple doesn’t mean I would be like him."

While she knew that most Zambrano wasn't necessarily evil, Runi wasn't either; although this was a matter of point of view. But if she assumes that…

"I hope you will succeed in what you want. After all, you are not the only member of your bloodline who does not serve the Sith Empire but lives far from it…"

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"People make choices on what they know until they're taught otherwise. The galaxy is too vast and too dangerous to give people the benefit of the doubt. Well, most people." He was one of those who still did. It's why he took the chance to talk to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim as he did. So far, it'd proven to be a good choice. She was cold, but not heartless.

"I hope you succeed to. For him, and you."

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png

"But people don’t learn, almost never. This is one of the biggest problems of modern civilization today. Continuous wars also stem from this, as does the fact that the Galaxy is in a state we know."

She said with a very little bitterness in her voice. The woman really wasn’t heartless, just cold and distant. Nevertheless, she was constantly trying to end the ongoing war. Not only because of TSE, but also for other reasons, the Bryn’adûl. After they were attacked by those crabs and after that, she was sure they would attack others as well. They were the real threat, she looked at Kahlil after the man's words and nodded.

"Thank you! I really want that too.."

She couldn't have imagined a better thing. She listened for a few more moments before speaking again.

"How long do you want to stay here on Kalidan? I hope you are not in such a hurry because if you are not, I would be happy if you would join us for dinner. You don’t have to today, one day in the near future is perfectly appropriate."

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

There was a look of surprise as he was invited to dinner of all things. He chuckled lightly before nodding. Why not? Kahlil gave a kind smile to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . "I certainly wouldn't mind having dinner with you. And.. Whomever else? I'm not sure who 'us' is exactly." It truly wasn't a bad thing he'd come here. Always a good realization. Though, something else was bothering him as his lips thinned back to a frown.

"And, are you sure? Your empire and my families are close allies. Treating me is surely going to earn their ire."

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png

The question surprised her a little when Kahlil asked back. There weren’t that many people here on a permanent basis. Oh! It was then that she remembered that they did not know each other enough to make it all obvious. So she tried to explain instead.

"I was thinking of Lord Tubrok, at home, in this castle."

She smiled very faintly at the next question. If she hadn't been in the condition she was in now because of Adrian's death, she'd be quite likely to have laughed softly at the man's concern. However, she was not able to do more than a very faint smile in the present situation.

"I'm not afraid of that. There are no Eternal Imperial forces here in my home. Everyone is loyal to HPI and House L’lerim. The Empire is only secondary to them. The entire staff consists of droids and has the security system in place to prevent any information from leaking out."

She waited for a moment, then continued.

"You are safe here, no information will get out of here."

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"Ah, right. Of course." Duh. Kahlil almost felt embarrassed for even asking. He flashed a smile to hide that, though. Really, his attention was pulled more to her assurance. The forced smile turned to something softer and more real as he shook his head. "I'm not worried about my own safety. Even if this turned out to be some kind of trap, you wouldn't be the first Empress I had to run away from. I'm worried about your standing with the Empire. My sister. She wants me dead, far more than the rest of my family."

Not that he blamed her. He was her apprentice turned Jedi. Any Sith master would want the same. Just, she happened to be sitting at the head of the whole Empire.

"So long as you're fine, I am."

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png

"If I wanted to trap you, you wouldn't have left the Vex deck when we first met. I don’t usually let go of prey when I’m hunting for someone. And I didn’t use you to capture the rebels either."

She said honestly, none of them actually turned in her head. Ingrid wanted to end the war much more than to stir it up with anything. She also wanted to end the fight with the rebels because of the threat of the Bryn’adûl; not to mention that the new threat they had to face was also here.

"Your sister hasn't appeared in public anywhere in months, I think you're her least concern or problem right now."

At the last sentence, she sighed a little tired.

"You are really safe, if you are no longer... I will let you know."

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

hZFxlpS.png

"That's actually more alarming than you think." Joyce had never been one to go into hiding. The fact no one knew where she was only meant she very well could be trying to hunt him. Kahlil chuckled under his breath. Maybe it was time to actually start being worried. But, he did trust Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . He nodded his head once.

"Alright. When's dinner?"

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png

"I have no idea what you mean by that, Mr. Kahlil."

She said with such emphasis that it should be clear that she knows exactly what he was meant by. Ingrid didn't know what the reason might be, she didn't ask questions, and the rumours were always rumours. She should look into this better if she can. If the Sith Imperial Court doesn’t respond, Nite can still help.

After the question, she looked at her watch. She didn't know how much time she had, it didn't matter to her anymore. Ever since she was a Shadow-born, she has always adapted to others when they want to eat solid food. And since Adrian's death, she hasn't eaten much, it has been a rare occasion. Ingrid loved sweets very much and usually ate well, but they no longer caused joy to her.

"There are still two and a half hours to the usual time. If you want one of the droids will show you the palace."

OOC: Maybe this is the best time to finish the thread, because Bishi doesn't have enough time. But if you want we can continue with the dinner, but without Tubrok, or start a new one. ^^
lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom