Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

logo_zpslvghgvmk.png
850 ABY
..:: The Val Cluster ::..
Deep in Wild Space, on the very fringes of the galaxy lay a vast collection of Nebulous gases known locally as the Val Cluster. Home to hundreds, if not thousands, of worlds unknown to the Galaxy at large. At the heart of the Val Cluster lay Val Reskiea, the capital of an Imperial Theocracy that reigns over a territory known as the Val Reskiea Imperial Holdings.
This world is home to the Holy Church of the Maker, and its Divine Empress reigns as both the head of the Church and as the head of the Val Reskiea Empire.
In more recent events it has become the home of the Order of the Righteous Flame; its Divine Empress welcoming the Holy Order with open arms and incorporating them into the Imperial Hierarchy as the new military arm, though still dedicated to their mandate.
Now the Val Reskiea Empire seeks to increase its Imperial Holdings within the Val Cluster and is calling upon both the Order of the Righteous Flame, and those that seek to delve into the unknown space of the Val Cluster.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..:: The Val Cluster ::..
The Val Cluster is sizable in scope, comparable in size, if not larger, than the Hapes Cluster.
It is home to many worlds, of which the following are known.
Val Reskiea and her Imperial Holdings
  • Val Reskiea - Capital of the Val Reskiea Empire
    ​Val Skosovis
  • Val Suthea

[*]Val Proxima - Regional Capital - Val II System
  • ​Val Cianus
  • Val Racleolia
  • Val Dastroaliv

[*]Val Iayria - Regional Capital - Val III System
  • ​Val Iymia
  • Val Ehines
  • Val Skavavis

[*]Numerous Moon bases, colonies, etc etc

Presanus Confederation
  • Presanus - Capital of the Presanus Confederation
    ​Cuchypso
  • Suyrus
  • Pletulara
  • Slov
  • Numerous Moon bases, space stations, etc etc

Unaligned Territories
  • Western Approach
    Xeshilia
  • Feria - Under Construction by [member="Myles Vylumnar"]
  • Loanus
  • Echienerth
  • Heclore
  • Ostouvis
  • Thehetune
  • Skilia - Under Construction by [member="Llkt'tudrin'wyshd"]
  • Veyphus

[*]Southern Expanse
  • ​Iytania
  • Lewhone
  • Heoliv
  • Slaavis
  • Prautania
  • Taecuru
  • Vechiehines

The Val Reskiea Empire has in the past enjoyed unrestricted movement and operated as the only Major Power in the Val Cluster; however that has since changed in last few years. Since the Netherworld Event, some saw it as their chance to rise against the Val Reskiea Empire and the Preasanus Confederation has risen up as a means to ensure their sovereignty and the sovereignty of many of the planets and peoples of the Val Cluster.
With each move the Val Reskiea Empire makes, the Preasanus Confederation matches, seeking to prevent the Empire's expansion, though often at the expense of material and manpower that the Confederation can sorely lose.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With some of the Backstory of the Val Cluster out of the way, here is the primary bulk of this post.
The idea is simple, though it would generate threads and stories driven by their writers to bring fun and enjoyment to those that desire to participate or those that just want to read the threads.
The Val Cluster Campaign
In short this is an ambitious campaign that would wholly take place in a self contained sub-sector of the Galaxy; The Val Cluster located in Wild Space.
Our stories would focus on the rising tensions and conflict between the Val Reskiea Empire, an Imperial Theocracy that has recently embraced and welcomed the Order of the Righteous Flame into the Empire and has replaced their former defense fleet and ground forces with the Order.
On the other side is the Preasanus Confederacy, a fledgling government that rose in response to the Val Reskiea Empire once more growing in strength and power at an alarming rate. With the devastating Netherworld Event still being recovered from by many of the worlds, the Preasanus Confederacy sees it as only a matter of time before the Val Reskiea Empire attempts to expand across the Val Cluster as it had once done in ages past.
Now, many of you may be asking yourself...
"Where do I come in?"
It is simple.
We are looking for those that would like to produce story driven threads for the site.
All sides need those that are dedicated them.
Those that desire to join with the Val Reskiea Empire and support the Order of the Righteous Flame and the Holy Church of the Maker.
Those that see the plight of the Preasanus Confederacy and would answer to its call for aid in a stand against 'Tyranny' while looking away from their own corruption and stifling bureaucracy.
Or those that would side with neither side and would focus on helping the little known worlds and peoples of those planets in the Western Approach and the Southern Expanse stand up for themselves against both the Val Reskiea Empire and the Preasanus Confederacy.
There is even room for 'Spanish Civil War of 1936-1939' action in which Major Factions could see the Val Cluster and the Val Campaign as an extension of their own conflicts with one another.
Imagine the Mandalorians sending their crack troopers to train soldiers for the Reskiea Empire. Or members of the Galactic Alliance arriving to aid the Preasanus Confederacy as its the 'right thing to do'. Or other Major and Minor Factions seeing it as a means to further their own plans at home, or permitting them to project their power in another region of the galaxy.
The ideas and stories, as well as the potential for this are endless.
Of course the planning and preparation for such a campaign is noteworthy in and of itself. Thus today will mark the beginning preparations of the Val Cluster Campaign.
These preparations will mainly be focused upon the collection of a list of interested individuals (those from various factions, or those that are solo, or even small groups working together). I would like to invite Faction Leaders to speak with me if they are interested in getting their Factions involved in the story so we can better work out the full extent of their Factions involvement and how it would affect the over all story.
Furthermore, the preparations would also include the submission of multiple Planet entries to the Codex section of the site, along with the Major Locations that would be involved in the Campaign.
With that, I would now like to open the venue to those with questions, comments or concerns about this ambitious plan.
Val Cluster Campaign Preparations
Beginning: 1/20/17
Estimated Completion: Spring - Summer 2017

Interested Parties as per Faction

• The Order of the Righteous Flame
    ​Amelia Sorenn-Syrush - Senior Knight Commander - Empire of Val Reskiea
  • [member="Llkt'tudrin'wyshd"] - Senior Knight Errant - Empire of Val Reskiea

• The Imperial Remnant
    [member="Tanomas Graf"] - Empire of Val Reskiea
  • [member="Butch Mahan"] - Empire of Val Reskiea

• Galactic Alliance
    ​TBD

• The Kathol Outback
    [member="Dax Fyre"] - Working Independently - Independent Systems
  • [member="Kami Meran"] - Working Independently - Independent Systems
  • [member="Lyth Meran"] - Working Independently - Independent Systems

• The First Order
    ​TBD

• Order of the Silver Jedi
    ​TBD

• The Iron Empire
    ​TBD

• The Free Worlds Coalition
    ​TBD

Interested Parties as per Minor Faction / Small Groups / Solo Involvement / Unaligned

• Valkyrie Squadron - Minor Faction
    [member="Chalim Vern"] - Independent Systems
  • [member="Myles Vylumnar"] - Independent Systems
  • [member="Leo Vandermolen"] - Independent Systems

• Commenor
    ​[member="Lady Kay"] - Independent Systems
  • [member="Darlyn Excron"] - Independent Systems

• Mandalorian Clans - Minor Faction
    ​[member="Thom Betna"] - Working Independently - Independent Systems

• The Commonwealth - Minor Faction
    ​[member="Yula Knezevic"] - Working Independently - Independent Systems
  • [member="Dean Letham"] - Working Independently - Independent Systems

• Unaligned
    ​[member="Chalim Vern"] - Unaligned
  • [member="Velus"] - Unaligned - Independent Systems
  • [member="Red Cloud"] - Unaligned

If you have comments, questions or concerns, please post them below.
If you are interested in joining, please post below with the following...
Character Name Involved:
Faction (If any):
Siding Interest: (Do you want to help the Empire, Confederacy, Independents, etc)
If you would like to be involved in the preparations of the Val Cluster Campaign, (running a thread, submitting planet articles to the codex, locations articles, etc etc); please contact me through a private message.
I look forward to working with you all on the undertaking of this ambitious campaign and look forward to seeing the stories and narratives we can all create together.

Tanomas Graf

T
I'm sure the Imperial Remnant could probably fuel a small proxy war between the two sides, as we're rather close to the clusters' position in Wild Space.

But I do have one question,

Is this Empire just using the word Imperial or does it share Imperial ideologies like us?

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

It uses the word Imperial in the sense that it is an Empire. It doesn't share the ideals of the Galactic Empire which would be held by the Imperial Remnant. [member="Tanomas Graf"]

Could you please give me the full naming of TKO. I have a feeling it means The Kathol Outback, though I just want to be sure before putting you on the list. [member="Gna Grimwasp"]

Sorry for my absence within the faction (illness meant that I had to start withdrawing from the site slightly, leaving me writing on one character only), er, I have no idea as to whether or not as a member of the Righteous Flame I need to actually put my name forwards, but, eh, oh well...

Character Name: Llkt'tudrin'wyshd
Faction: Order of the Righteous Flame
Siding Interest: Empire

Oh, and, if there is anything I can help you with in regards to this, please, do just let me know.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax here will be helping out in this.

He's TKO but may be working independently from the faction depending on what others say. I'll let you know.

He'll be fighting for independent systems.

It was hoped that members of the Order of the Righteous Flame would step forward and join if they could. So while signing up wasn't needed, it is appreciated. If there is something that comes to mind that I'll need help with, I'll PM you the details when it arises. [member="Llkt'tudrin'wyshd"]

Welcome and thank you for joining with this ambitious campaign. I understand that not all who join may be doing so at the behest of their faction so I will await your confirmation before adding you to the list. [member="Dax Fyre"]

Character Name Involved: Myles Vylumnar
Faction: The Kathol Outback, Valkyrie Squadron
Siding Interest: Any
I'm really interested in this. I'd like to write threads about the smaller events or even the citizens and planets affected by the conflict. I'd also like to get my minor faction involved (Valkyrie Squadron) as an independent mercenary force that any side can hire or does their own missions.

And while TKO will not be participating, I'll be alongside [member="Dax Fyre"] and [member="Kami Meran"] (and anyone else).

Were you and by extension the Imperial Remnant still wanting to join or have members that would like to participate independently of the faction in the Campaign?

[member="Tanomas Graf"]

Your names have been added to the list above. For those that are part of another faction, though are working away from that Faction, you've been marked as '

[member="Chalim Vern"] | [member="Velus"] | [member="Myles Vylumnar"] | [member="Dax Fyre"] | [member="Kami Meran"] | [member="Llkt'tudrin'wyshd"] | [member="Gna Grimwasp"]

If there are others that would like to join or would like to help in setting the campaign up, please come forward. You can post here in the thread or send me a private message if you'd feel comfortable making contact that way. I do hope that others will join and lend their creativity to the stories and threads involved with the campaign.

Tanomas Graf

T
Character Name Involved: Emperor [member="Tanomas Graf"], and by extension the Imperial Remnant.
Faction: The Imperial Remnant (Major)
Siding Interest: Val Reskiea Empire
The cluster will remain theirs...for now...

Butch Mahan

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Character Name Involved: Grand Admiral @Butch Mahan
Faction : Imperial Remnant
Siding Interest: Val Reskiea Empire

Someone needs to supervise Emperor Graf in his old age,
and supervise Orbital Bombardments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom