Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unity Celebration~CIS Dominion of Ropagi II {S-40}

hY2W3k1.gif

Objective: 2 (nightclub)
Wearing: Dress | Honey Boo Prototype Combat Boots
Tags: [member="Aiden"] [member="Naedira Darcrath"] [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]

x7K6md.png
At last, he took the drink. Madalena stared at him, waiting to see the expressions changing ever so slightly on his face, and let a little laugh out before returning to her own drinks, a few more shots having arrived in the meantime. She downed them like they were water and was unhappy to realize that her body responded to them as though that was exactly what it was. She was never a big drinker, but she didn't know just how much of the stuff she was going to need to actually feel it. And she wasn't feeling anything that was supposed to come with liquor right there and then.

For the wishes Cardinal expressed out loud, she ordered two shots of espresso and extra whip cream. Wordlessly, she poured the espresso shots into the cocktail, seeing no reason to experiment. "Try it this way," she encouraged him. It would definitely have a stronger kick like that.

And as for his question…

Madalena sighed. Normally, she kept her personal affairs entirely separate from her work dealings. But since Brayden's visit she had not as much as whispered as a word of it to anyone, not to Dia, not to Daisy, not even to Josh. She was miserable about the whole situation, and the only one who actually knew was Baal, who was still silent in terms of verbal communication. She had curled into his fur that afternoon and cried her heart out before falling asleep and then going through the motions of her nightmares again.

"My twin brother and I split just before I joined the Knights Obsidian," she explained, "we were so close to each other before that. The only reason we split was because we wanted to see if we were strong enough apart like we were together. He chose to go Galactic East, and I came West and officially joined the Confederacy and all of that. And suddenly he shows up here, two and a half years before we said we'd get back together, but we're not close as we were. He's distant, won't talk to me, if I force my presence on him he'll give as few words as possible before trying to get away… We had an ugly fight the other day."

It was all too easy to read the pain reflecting on her face as she relayed the words. Brayden was half of her soul. She knew some day she would no longer be a single woman, but even then the part that another man or woman would hold in her heart would never be able to get challenged by her brother.

"We don't have any other family," she continued, "it's just us. Our parents died two years ago and both of them had no other family. There's no one else. Just the Antares twins. We didn't have a fight before this, we didn't have any falling out… I just don't understand why he's being like that. It almost feels like he's hurting me on purpose, but why? I tried to ask him if he was in trouble, if someone was threatening him, but… But nothing. He's a closed off wall, deeper and higher than I can break through."

I am a son of the Mountain.
hY2W3k1.gif

After adding an extra two shots of espresso to the drink, Cardinal found he rather liked it. It reminded him of a hot cup of café which in turn reminded him of being in his office dealing with a likely growing mountain of paperwork. Rather than focus on his anxiety's he kept drinking at the beverage, savoring the flavors that mixed rather well in the glass.

Cardinal had not known Madalena had a twin brother, although there was plenty the two had not known about each other so it was not exactly a surprise. However, she did strike him more of an only child than one with siblings. He shrugged the thought away before listened to her explain what had put her in a less than optimal mood.

Honestly Cardinal did not know what to say about a set of feuding siblings. Since he and his siblings often fought endlessly there was not much love between them to speak of. He pushed the thought away before softly shrugging his shoulders. "I can see how that's frustrating but the galaxy does change people? It may just take some time for him to warm back up to you."

Cardinal could certainly understand why Madalena was feeling the way she was. It seemed she and her brother had not been away from each other long, yet already they were displaying signs of a possible split. Of course, he was not entirely sure that was the case. "But, it's not uncommon for a sibling to want some space. Maybe he just needs time to settle and get back into things? You said he showed up here, right? So he came to see you? That means something."

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

hY2W3k1.gif

x7K6md.png

It appeared Cardinal enjoyed the cocktail well enough so that Madalena was not getting it back. She was perfectly fine with it; the few sips she'd had were more than enough, as she wasn't really into sweets either. Most of her diet mostly consisted of meats, fish, eggs, and cheese. Bred had always felt weird on her tongue, and sugar felt like a smack to the face. She didn't even like fruit.

Madalena shook her head. "It's so much more than time for warming up," she said quietly, "he didn't even look me up when he came back. I sensed him when I was on Naboo. And he never calls, he never comes by except for this one time that ended in the fight. I stumble across him during missions and sometimes Confederacy parties, and then he tries to end the communication as quickly as possible."

Sighing, she downed three shots in a row, and signaled for more. "I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything," she said, almost crying, "But if I did, why won't he tell me? Why won't he tell me what's wrong? We can't fix it if he keeps turning his back on everything. I can't give my brother up. I just can't. He's my brother!"

Another two shots went down her throat with elegant ease. Madalena waited, wanted to feel the effects of the liquor, but there was still nothing. She just shook her head eventually.

"I'm sorry, Cardinal," she apologized, "This is supposed to be a celebration. I shouldn't be burdening you with my home drama."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay gave [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] a small smile. She knew about Deneba and perhaps even the actions of [member="Veiere Arenais"] there. Her eyes were drawn up to her husband as she looked to gauge his reaction. More than likely he wouldn't be giving off any visual clues as to what he was feeling. Instead he'd probably mask it like she would.

At the mention of [member="Adron Malvern"] , she turned her attention back to the lady. A brow was raised as she mentioned the two of them trying to kill eachother before. Well that was certainly a story to be told. There was a lot there to be said. And yet her latest question made Kay see that she was politely fishing for information. It seemed as though others were just as curious about the Commenori monarch being invited to this get together as they were. "I'm sorry....DO to him? ...We haven't done anything but give him a home after he left the Galactic Empire. " All of the other details in regards to that were kept to herself. "Perhaps he merely invited us here as a means to catch up with old friends?"

9slOvVj.gif
Location: Palace Barge | Attire: Suit | Partner: [member="Lady Kay"]
Er6tw3E.png
Blast...

[member="Amilthi Camlenn"] didn't only know about the events of Deneba, but she had been part of the movement that he had brought together and restored the old Enclave on Mount Meru together with her and the rest of the Jedi. So many names, so many distant faces of the past that returned to remind him of his grotesque failings; all the while it felt as though his own mind was out to play against him with how difficult it was to recall upon those he had once cared to stand Warden over. 'Grandmaster'...-How in the Force had he ever held the title. Back then it was an honor, today it was another testament to his numerous mistakes and inability to uphold the title of Jedi, today.

His Wife took the initiative to respond, and perhaps it was the fact that she remained by Veiere's side after all he had done back then, that shocked the Galaxy the most. Veiere could understand it if that were to be the case, as even back then he had warned her of the trouble her undying faith in him, could lead her into. Amilthi's remarks were replaced with the subject of [member="Adron Malvern"], to which his Wife had plenty of her own experience following Veiere's fall from grace, though he too was not without his own time spent with the man, who had done nothing to sway Veiere's opinion of his old friend.

"This is a first for us with regards to the Confederacy; Adron on the other hand, has known us for quite some time...-Dating back to his involvement with the Galactic Empire" Veiere added, on top of that which [member="Lady Kay"] had already indulged. The weight of their greeting hung over Veiere still, his previous small-comforts about the celebrations had been enough to distract him, yet knowing that there were a Jedi present who had been a witness to his treacherous past; this was something he had always known would catch up with him sooner or later, yet still could not help but wish to avoid.

"You'll have to forgive me, my memory is not what it once was, it would seem...", he expressed to the Jedi Knight standing there with he and his Wife. Veiere found himself under the distinct impression that the subject of his past wasn't about to go away any time soon. "No doubt you have some questions for me?" He soon asked atop a slow exhale, his shoulders falling some in apprehensive demeanor. His past did not cease to haunt him, and his Wife could testify for every night she found her husband seated on the edge of their bed, staring off into the abyss for all the guilt that came to surface when Veiere felt no one was watching.

[member="Adron Malvern"], [member="Alessandra Creed"], [member="Faye Malvern"], [member="Brayden Antares"], [member="Zoe Rosella"], [member="Aiden"], [member="Damsy Callat"], [member="Alora Fae"], [member="Darth Tacitus"], [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"], [member="Lirka Ka"], [member="Alwine Lechner"], [member="Naedira Darcrath"], [member="Scherezade deWinter"].

hY2W3k1.gif
Cardinal watched as the woman drank. It was an easy guess the woman was certainly not taking this well. As shot after shot went down her throat he could not help but feel sorry for her. When another shot was led, his hand covered the top of the glass with a meaningful tone. "Madalena..." He said nothing for a moment before glancing around curiously. What could he say? He didn't know anything about what she was going through, all he did know was what she was doing was going to slowly kill her. "It's going to be ok. You can't believe that what you two have would be ruined after one bad altercation? Give it time, give him time."

Finally, he removed his hand from her glass, taking a sip of his own drink. He was downing the drink a bit faster than he thought because not after long the cup was half-empty.

When the younger woman spoke of herself being a burden Cardinal waved his hand at her. "If I thought you were burdening me, I wouldn't be enjoying your company. It's fine. While I havn't been in your position I can certainly understand why you're so upset. You can talk as much as you'd like about whatever you'd like. Believe it or not, I am a good listener."

Location: Palace Barge | Appearance: xxx | Tags: [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

The queen of Commenor referring to Adron Malvern as an old friend came as a bit of a shock to Amilthi and did nothing to improve her opinion of the woman. She would not have minded finding an excuse to leave the conversation at this point, but this might be a rare chance to learn more about Adron from a party who, personal sympathies and judgements aside, could still be fairly assumed to be friendlier to her own outlook on the universe than the Sith's.

Amilthi looked quizzically at Veiere as he spoke. One might have gone so far as to call his manner sheepish - but even so there was a certain self-importance in his assumption that she would no doubt have questions for him. Perhaps it was a failing of her own that she had never much identified with that Order as a group, even though she liked, and still entertained good relationships with, some of the individuals who had been involved. But she certainly didn't go so far as to have a special interest in what happened to Commenor in general or Veiere in particular, all the more as she had only shared a short period of acquaintance with him prior to his departure from the Order.

"Well, do tell", she said lightly, or trying to sound so. "What prompted you to give a home to a Sith Lord? And what was he like?" Amilthi's eyes went back and forth between the royal couple, and her question was evidently directed at both.

hY2W3k1.gif

x7K6md.png

Madalena waited patiently for Cardinal to remove his hand from her glass. Under normal circumstances, she would've cut his arm off for doing that. But he was still her boss and she was still not even tipsy enough to be able to excuse liquor on bad decisions and choices. "Giving time is meaningless if nothing is being done during said time," she said bitterly, "if all I do is passively wait, I might as well give up in advance. I can't just sit and wait, Cardinal. I'll drive myself crazy if I try that. I'm not built for this whole… Passive thing."

Motioning for the bartender, four more shots appeared in front of her almost as if by magic. The bartender understood what she needed. That was good. She was going to give him a very nice tip later on if she remembered to.

"Enough about me," she announced as she took another shot down, "tell me about yourself, Cardinal. We've spent weeks on missions together but other than your dedication to the Knights Obsidian, I know pretty much nothing about you. You carry the Vi'Dreya name but you do not share any blood with Darth Metus."

hY2W3k1.gif
Rather than press the matter against Madalena, Cardinal realized perhaps she was right. Maybe she needed to press her brother to bring them to a point of understanding. It was not for him to know, nor was it something he dwelled on. He downed the rest of his drink, feeling the effects of the alcohol coursing through him. It felt as if every movement had just become a bit more noticeable, but other than that he was enjoying the relaxed feeling he felt.

When Madalena took another shot, Cardinal arched a brow at her next statement. She wanted to know more about him? He paused quietly, realizing there wasn't much to know. He was barely human in the way he went about living his life. Of course, he did not want to say that because it would only confirm his brother's belief that he was the most well-programmed droid in the Confederacy. Sliding the empty glass away from him, Cardinal ran a hand over his mouth, running his fingers down his beard while he considered his words.

"Well...My name isn't Cardinal." He said in an almost relaxed manner. Cardinal had not used his birth name in far longer than he could remember, but it was merely a reflection of the change his life had taken.

"It's Tokola." Cardinal said. His tone was one that could be mistaken for agitation or even embarrassment. Of course, it was quickly replaced with his usual tone, much more reinforced and sure of itself. "Cardinal is the name The Vicelord gave me when I joined The Confederacy." He said.

"Well....I'm sorry Kni- Madalena. I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe it will be easier if you just ask me questions?" He insisted, before drawing his back into a brief stretch. "There isn't much I won't share....You already know about one of the things I don't want to share." He said, pressing a finger right below his near crimson eyes.

Location: Kaloder - Main Square | Wearing: xxx | Tag: [member="Alora Fae"] | Post: Two​
Grinning in Alora's embrace, Rylan returned it and chuckled "Oh I'm more than aware you almost injured me, but it would have been worth it.", with that he stepped back a little, hands resting on her sides for a moment as he scanned her over again, a smile on his face before he made a slight face as he thought silently, before signing -Yes. I have been practicing. Wanted to impress you.-.

When they grabbed their glasses and clinked his with hers "To us." he smiled before taking a sip from the glass, savoring the flavor, "Yes, it is a favorite." he responded, rather amused at her memory of his favorite drink. Turning to lean on the bar, scanning the crowd at her mention of not knowing anyone, he wasn't sure if he actually recognized anyone himself, but it wasn't as if he attended many of these events, and the few he had, he had been pretty well on his own, so he cracked a small smile and looked over to Alora once again, "I'm sure one day you'll know everyone and be friends with many. For who couldn't love knowing you?"

[member="Fiolette Raaf"] [member="Darth Tacitus"] [member="Faye Malvern"] @Adron Melvarn [member="Amethyst Atreides"]

"When the president of my alma mater informs me someone stole books from the library, yes I have a bone or two to pick with the man," she responded to her beloved. Her nose crinkled a bit at the glitz and glamor around them as it certainly was an ostentatious presentation. While her beloved had plans for her company, and Taeli wouldn't be adverse herself, her entire reason for coming to this world was because she had a riot act to be reading towards one Darth Tacitus.

Would really have been that hard to just request copies be made of the books and information he took? No, he had to go and take the originals. Students couldn't benefit from them as sources now, the library of the university had shrunk, which was completely and utterly unacceptable. And if there was one thing she truly and utterly could not stand, it was the potential for the knowledge to actually be lost or destroyed. So, when Fiolette had said they were invited, she had accepted... and brought along a rather heavy book.

Someone was going to be getting a thumping and a lecture.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
This was quite an unusual circumstance to be in. Being out of the loop for so long as they took care of things in their own sector of space, Kay had no idea of the change that [member="Adron Malvern"] had taken. Sure he was no Jedi when he worked for her, but he was no Sith Lord either.

"He was kind and a great worker. He certainly was no Sith Lord. Where exactly he went off to after he left our employ? I don't know. What it was that he did in all this time? I don't know that either."

Wasn't it common knowledge that the CSA was neutral? Both [member="Veiere Arenais"] and herself had friends across the spectrum. Not only did it help their economy, but for a very long time it protected their people as well. And such a tactic helped them with their liberation as well.

"I learned a long time ago to not judge a book by it's cover. There's much to be learned and much that can be accomplished through some form of understanding. And besides....I'm a diplomat. It's my job to look at things through a variety of angles and seek a compromise." But most hated politicians anyways. And that was okay. She was used to people hating her for one thing or another.

[member="Amilthi Camlenn"]

9slOvVj.gif
Location: Palace Barge | Attire: Suit | Partner: [member="Lady Kay"]
Er6tw3E.png
"If I'm not mistaken, [member="Adron Malvern"] was without the ability to practice the Force for some time back in those days" Veiere commented, extending upon what his Wife, [member="Lady Kay"] had been saying. [member="Amilthi Camlenn"]'s question wasn't something new in the nature of queries thrown at the pair by other Jedi and Politicians in the Galaxy, before the invasion of the Sith Empire in any case. He understood that it wasn't always easy to understand, especially for those who's perceptions were so often 'black and white'. "He was an Imperial, and when his practice returned to him, it was the Dark Side of the Force that fueled him...-Yet as my Wife has said, he wasn't a member of the Sith Order, nor it's Empire back then".

In fact, Adron had been half of the help and support that Veiere had found, enabling him to move forward with his hopes for the Dark Jedi Temple on the distant World of Rannon; something that today, stood as a beacon of light and Temple for the Jedi to occupy. "Though your questions might be better directed to the man himself, we were treated with nothing but respect. Both Kay and I have dealt with people of all varying backgrounds and faiths; even back when I was a Jedi Knight, there were times I would cross paths with a member of the Sith. I've seen both sides of them...-In fact, all of Commenor has nowadays, but even still, we do not seek to condemn others on word and rumor alone. If we're given evidence to act, then we certainly look to enforce the laws of Commenor...-Yet until someone has crossed the line, Jedi or Sith alike, they will be treated like any other".

It was certainly an easier subject to discuss than the past events surrounding Deneba and the Dark Jedi Order that might have been. What had set the Commenor Systems Alliance apart from many other major powers in government at the time, was their desire for peace, to such an extent that they would treat all peoples just as Veiere had expressed. Before the Sith Empire had invaded and laid Siege to Commenor, there had been various trade agreements with several of their Worlds, just as so with others such as the First Order and the Silver Jedi. The fact was that it hadn't been until the Sith had overrun Commenor and drowned it in a years occupation, killing millions of people in the process, that Veiere and Kay had been forced to favor one side over the other.

"In saying that mind you, despite the politics of it all, my Wife here often expressed her frustration, worried that I would get myself killed when I'd up and disappear in order to lend my support to the Jedi, or world's being forced to heel. Similar questions have been asked of us before, and many people have thought the worst of us for the way we chose to keep and maintain the peace, for as long as we were able...-Sadly, there are some that can't be reasoned with, and we understood that too...".

[member="Adron Malvern"], [member="Alessandra Creed"], [member="Faye Malvern"], [member="Brayden Antares"], [member="Zoe Rosella"], [member="Aiden"], [member="Damsy Callat"], [member="Alora Fae"], [member="Darth Tacitus"], [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"], [member="Lirka Ka"], [member="Alwine Lechner"], [member="Naedira Darcrath"], [member="Scherezade deWinter"].

hY2W3k1.gif
Objective: Night of Celebration
Appearance: XXX
Tag: [member="Aiden"]

It was hard not to look at him sometimes. Naedira had crossed many people of all shapes and sizes but there were not quite like the Viceroy of Stewjon. He held a ruggedness that didn’t exist on Naboo. They were scholars, theologians, and farmers. Most had tapered forms, with enough muscle to handle a hard day’s labor, or, they went the opposite direction and had servants to do the work for them. There was also another quality she wasn’t familiar with. The Force resonated in him. Something had kept her blind to it until Aikhibba but it was as if a veil had been drawn back.

What had been seen, or felt, could not be undone.

Pale rose lips fell into a partial smile when he countered her not-so-hidden threats.

“We could have stayed on Geonosis.”

Her response was mixed. It was true that they could have remained in her flat in the busy industrial city. She could have bored him to death with the updated protocols she was working on. They could have ordered in, went to train, or any number of things that would have kept them free from the idiosyncrasies of the public eye. Some of which she dared not speak of. Or think of, lest, he pick up on her thoughts by mistake. But, for some reason, the typically practical Viceroy seemed to want to be here. Thus, she could not refuse. “I can give a mean speech on the new troop deployments.”

She smiled again, briefly, to show that she was teasing. Aiden hated when she went on and on about the mundane for hours on end. He knew most of it already from his brief time as the Minister of War so it wasn’t as if she was trying to explain her workday to a true civilian. His attention waned. Naedira was used to it. Sometimes, he focused solely on her, while other times he tuned her out like a parent with a little too much experience in ignoring rowdy offspring.

Naedira breathed in sharply when a familiar presence washed over her. Why did he keep doing that? She was incredibly sensitive to him, and for the life of her, couldn’t figure out why. It wasn’t anything she was capable of explaining. Not a Force Bond. Nothing so specific. It was just a feeling. A sensation that was all him. Cloying, though, almost prepossessing. Like the scent of petrichor when rain fell after a prolonged dry spell. Earthy, clean, strong. Nae could follow his focus without looking. Knight Madalena Antares. The very same one that they’d discussed briefly on Hypori. When he turned back toward her he would find her eyes darker than they had been, single-minded, and touched wish silent whispers. “You need to stop. Or warn me first.”

Whiskey had never sounded better.

He leaned against the bar ever so casually and she almost hated him for it. Naedira picked up one of the metal tumblers that the barista brought over and dutifully clicked the glass before taking a generous sip. The vapor entered her mouth, filling her sinuses, and both gently stung and numbed anything it passed as it went down the hatch. It was an effervescent sensation and she hummed softly. She could taste the wood it was aged in, the smokiness, and just a little hint of sweetness. It was one of her favorite drinks.

“If you need to take care of something I understand. I can wait.”

She could. Whatever business he had was not something she had a right to stick her nose in. She could nurse a few drinks, perhaps, find a reason to dance. She loved to be active, to move, and if she couldn’t train it was either that or be the wretched woman at a bar all alone.

That was a stereotype she’d rather not be.

hY2W3k1.gif

x7K6md.png

His name wasn't Cardinal? Madalena blinked, intrigued. She leaned ever so slightly towards him, waiting for his words to continue. It was rare that he spoke more than a handful of words at a time without needing to. Come to think of it, she was pretty sure that the only time before today she heard him give more than a sentence at once was when he was explaining missions.

"Tokola," she repeated the name with a smile, tasting it. She noticed the brief change in tone, and while she did not know exactly why, she knew there was a deeper story to it all. "I don't know if it has a meaning in any culture, but it's a strong name."

She already knew about one of the things he didn't want to share? Madalena blinked. He had given his name of his own free will so… Ohhhhh. The blood thing.

"I'm sorry, Ca-… To-… Okay, how do you prefer I call you in social settings?" she asked, and then proceeded to explain herself, "I'm a blood hound. I can scent bloodlines and species of just about anyone through the Force unless something severs me from it. I know if people belong to the same to the same species, if they're related, how far related… Not to infinity though, I think three blood jumps is about as far as I can go."

As fast as she had fallen into her explanation, she stopped herself, looking away. "I didn't mean to embarrass you. I'm sorry."

Location: Palace Barge | Appearance: xxx | Tags: [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

Amilthi noticed that the second half of her question was almost entirely ignored. The Arenais couple had jumped at the way she had perhaps carelessly formulated the first part, had understood it as an accusation that it was not, rather than merely a way of emphasising interesting, salient features. For a moment it was Amilthi's instinct to simply cut through this nonsense by bluntly telling them that they were missing the point, that she was interested in the particular case, to which platitudes about general principles were all too likely to be irrelevant. But she was aware enough to recognise that that would been rather undiplomatic, and while some people might have appreciated such an approach, she expected that the King and Queen of Commenor wouldn't be among them.

"I'm afraid I wasn't being quite clear. I myself am at this gathering at the invitation of a Sith Lord", she pointed out with a conciliatory smile. Her hands, folded in front of her stomach before, now wandered to her hips, and she looked up at the two, both of them taller than herself, expectantly and somewhat more lively than before.

"It's Adron's person that I'm interested in, not your policies. Why he specifically? What did you think of him, how did he appear to you, as a person? What was he like, what moved him? What caused you to start calling him a friend?"

9slOvVj.gif
Location: Palace Barge [Balcony] | Time: Late Morning | Attire: Dress | Tags: [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Faye Malvern"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | @Brayden Antares | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Allya Vi’dreya"]​

“Adron…”, she responded, as he had called her name, speaking his own in the same velvet nature that put greater men on their knees. He wouldn’t feel her anger flare nor would her smile fall for a second. They would soon have company and there were always watchful eyes. She concerned herself not only with the appearances of House Malvern but with the views of the Confederacy. It was her job to show the best and be the best. “I have said all that I intend to on the matter. There is nothing you can say, save, for that which you should have already said.”

Faye and her beau were a welcome distraction from the disturbing turn of events on Thaere Privo. Alessandra wanted to talk about it, perhaps even less than Adron, but he still needed to be aware of how she felt. She didn’t like it. If it happened again, love potion or not, she would not be so forgiving.

An elegantly arched brow rose at Adron when he interrupted her line of questioning toward Brayden Antares. Chocolate eyes remained beautiful and welcoming, however, he would feel the subtle sting of displeasure. This man, a relative unknown, was here to seek approval from the head of House Malvern to repeatedly violate it’s only living female descendant. Why did that require a toast?

Was this a tradition? Drinking every time one of his family members figured out they were regularly sharing a bed? She fought letting her eyebrow twitch when Adron asked the exact same question he had, only, with a more direct bit of bite. She wanted to roll her eyes. To her credit. She didn’t.

Men. Especially, brothers. They could be so thick.

Alessandra also would not be calling Faye by her given name unless it was requested. Francesca. It was a name that belonged to an old rich spinster woman that lived with a thousand loth-cats and hadn’t seen a man, save, for peeping from her attic window to the bustling streets below. While working her needle-point. And drinking prune juice. No, Faye was too pretty, too vibrant for that.

Well. Vibrant, and currently seething, like a brassed off kitten. Cute.

She was mollified when it seemed, out of all of them, that Mr. Antares was the one with his head screwed on correctly. Not only did he succeed in not taking offense to her inquiry but she found her words indulged. Alessandra thought better of him for it. “You simply must fill in the gaps of our knowledge one day. Leaving us curious is cruel.”

Being educated in a subject, especially, if it could one day affect Faye was practical. It wasn’t for the sake of gossip or in the interest of a good story. Knowing where someone had been was vital to understanding what made them who they were. This man was well-spoken and held eyes of silver and green. Thusly, her suspicions would remain where they belonged.

The intensity of the moment was lessened both by Brayden and by the arrival of one of the Vicelord’s progeny. Her mind flickered through all that she knew the existence of and she was momentarily distracted by trying to place her face. Eventually, it came to her. They’d never officially met. @Allya Vi’dreya. She was dressed appropriately in crimson and Alessandra tilted her head at the direct words aimed at the Exarch. “You look lovely, Ms. Vi’Dreya. I’m surprised you decided to join the barge.”

A palace barge full of her elders? Didn’t that constitute as boring to a teenager?

“If your father is worried about you traveling the surface alone I’m sure we can arrange an escort.”

A few Magnaguard would keep the young woman safe as houses. No one would bother her with a fully armed team of nightmarish robots responding instantly to her every beck and call. Not to mention, wasn’t [member="Darth Metus"] planning to visit Kaloder City? Curious.

Alessandra leaned back into Adron and stole the glass of wine from his hand while she silently noted the arrival of [member="Darth Tacitus"]. The Minister of Commerce still hasn’t forgiven him for throwing a party on a planet full of ice and snow. The raven-haired woman delicately sipped at drink she’d pilfered. Ale had neglected to take one of her own, therefore, Adron would simply have to share.

Night of Celebration
Appearance: XXX
Tag: [member="Naedira Darcrath"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Normally, Aiden's emotional range was minimal. His facial expression tended to change slowly, almost deliberately. In fact, any physical indication of mood or thought was generally done with purpose; a manipulative purpose. This was the quality of Aiden's entire upbringing. Whereas most were exposed to their primary teacher or parents for only a portion of their lives, Aiden did not taste true freedom and independence until he was nearly forty. It had caused struggles at first, but Aiden had matured to the point where he'd long since learned to chart a deliberate approach to his life through the completion of goals, steps. Now, several centuries later, Aiden was much the same, but he'd abandoned the path that Boadicea and Maximus had...literally beaten into him. Yet...Aiden knew better than just about anyone alive how manipulative those two were, so there was no telling what they had really wanted from the child they had created through one of their descendants. He wasn't the only one, either. His younger sister's connection to the progenitors of their family was much more pure.

When Naedira made the comment about staying on Geonosis, Aiden's facial expression changed...uncharacteristically abruptly. It was a cross between shock, excitement, and impulse. The impulse, of course, was to effectively throw Naedira on his shoulder and teleport them both back to his ship immediately. The large Sith's body was paralyzed as thoughts and images raced through his mind. An increasingly familiar sensation ripped through his body, and Aiden felt like he could hear...something...pounding in his ears.

Shaking off the sensation, Aiden's momentary paralysis ended just in time to hear Naedira's comment about troop deployments. He managed a thin smile, silently hoping against hope that Naedira had noted his obvious reaction to her earlier statement.

Madalena was a welcome, brief distraction, but when he returned his attention to Naedira, he noted how it had affected her. A very brief frown crossed his lips. "I'm... I apologize, Naedira. I did not mean to cause discomfort." Did he just...apologize to somebody? The drinks could not have come fast enough. Following the brief cheers, Aiden downed his entire glass in one gulp before signaling for another.

Once again, Naedira's verbal statement pulled an involuntary expression to his face. There was no mixture this time. It was, in fact, all lust and mischief. Large fingers grasped the new glass as Aiden's bright gaze held Naedira's deep chocolate orbs. "The only thing I want to do in this moment, actually, is you." The brutally honest statement was offered as directly as possible. The Sith Lord had no reason to beat around the bush.

He brought the second glass to his lips with the mischievous glint still gleaming in his eyes and apparent on his lips.

hY2W3k1.gif

It was not that Cardinal wished he did not tell Madalena his name, however it was a name that had very little bearing in his life. He drew his lips into a thin line before shaking his head. “Please, just call me Cardinal.” He could tell he had made things a bit tense by bringing up his name, perhaps it wasn't the right thing to discuss here?

He shook his head a bit, placing a hand on Madalena's shoulder. “You haven't embarrassed me and I don't mind you knowing, it's just something I usually keep to myself.” Although Cardinal tended to keep everything to himself. Perhaps it was the fact she had been his first partner in the Knight's Obsidian for years or maybe just her open personality, but Cardinal found it easier to talk to the woman than most. Realizing that idle chatter was not really improving Madalena's mood, Cardinal glanced back over to the dance floor. Should he ask if she wanted to dance? She had already said she was not in the mood and Cardinal could not dance sober, much less with the flood of alcohol going through his blood.

His eyes moved past the dance floor and into the streets behind them. His sunburnt eyes pierced the crowd, noticing the vendors that filled the outside streets. Maybe she would want to go and look at vendors? Women liked stuff like that, didn't they?

I usually buy a plant from different planets I visit.” Cardinal's statement surely seemed to come out of the dark, yet when he flashed the woman a warm smile she would understand his intent. “There are a lot of vendors outside, maybe I could find one there, would you like to come with me?” The offer was extended and he hoped to pull Madalena both from her slump as well as the bar. Although she was handling the alcohol well, it could not be good for her to consume so much.

Come on.” Cardinal offered to help her off her bar stool after he stood up, standing over her while looking back to the vendors outside.

[member="Aiden"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Naedira Darcrath"]

Mishel Kryze

M
C O N N E C T I N G TO [member="Alessandra Creed"].
/ / / / /

. . . . .

\ \ \ \ \

. . . . .

GREETINGS. 'ALESSANDRA.' DO YOU ACCEPT THE INCOMING CHARGE FROM. 'MISHEL.' ?
THANK YOU. YOU ARE NOW BEING CONNECTED.

"Hey it's me, um, I'm sort of in a spot and... I need you to come get me. Listen, it's nothing bad, but- I think you should see this. Sorry I had to call like this, I think I'm being followed and y'know I stick out like a sore thumb with my lightside aura. Come alone, though, I don't want anyone getting mixed up in this. I - *blaster shots in the background* chit. My ship's been impounded for inspection by these whack security droids b- *ricochet* "

YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES REMAINING.

"But I need you to get to these coordinates, *more blaster-fire, static noises* sending them to your datapad now. I *static, tunktunktunk* something, *explosion* ______ *signal gone*."

THIS CALL HAS ENDED.
IF YOU WISH TO RESUME PLEASE INSERT ADDITIONAL CREDITS. OR. LOAD YOUR PREPAID HOLOCALL CARD.
THANK YOU FOR USING COLLECT-A-CALL HOLONOW, A SUBDIVISION OF CORELLIA DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom