Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Tragedy of Darth Xiphos

Kerest

Covered head to toe in environmental protection armor, Starlin still felt the biting chill of Kerest’s frigid climate. The Outer Rim planet had been locked in an ice age for centuries, forcing the natives to either migrate offworld or devolve into savages. It was a world that was on nobody’s vacation destination list, so of course Darth Xiphos—formerly known as Laertia Io—had chosen it as her hiding place.

Starlin raised his electrobinoculars, peering through them. All around him was white, a snow-covered landscape reminiscent of Hoth… but the binoculars caught sight of a black pyramid-shaped structure rising in the distance.

There’s her little hideout,” he said, gesturing for the benefit of his teammates. Nothing was visible with the naked eye; he offered the binoculars to anyone who didn’t have image-enhancing tools of their own. “Intel said it dates to the Reconstruction Era, some kind of hidden training grounds. There’s a shield to keep out the cold, but we can walk through it. Guards are another story—there are apparently some clone troopers patrolling the place, along with the usual homicidal robots spitting one-liners and people Xiphos has radicalized with her wack-ass ‘Light Side Sith’ philosophy. Anyway, we know that the eastern perimeter is badly damaged, so we’re gonna try and sneak in through there and get as far inside as we can without being detected.

That was the full extent of the debriefing Starlin had been given by Nimdok. The Grandmaster of Knowledge was sitting this episode out after what happened last time they tried to arrest Xiphos, but he had gone out of his way to gather information and help formulate their strategy for this operation. Of course, things could and likely would go wrong… but thinking on their feet was part of the fun.

Any questions?” Starlin asked the others. If not, they were going to get a move on. No use sitting here waiting to turn into Jedi popsicles.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Empty sockets hidden behind protective lenses scanned the horizon. Having no need for any visual aids in order to be made aware of the surrounding environment. His lips drawing into a faint frown as he surveyed the area. Logic would indicate that if it was known that the eastern portion was damaged and a possible entrance. Then any sane person would put additional security measures in place to counteract that.

But Laertia Io was not someone he would consider the picture of sanity. Chaotic, dangerous, hypocritical, narcissistic, crazy. Those were far more fitting descriptors for the so called 'Light Side Sith'. A term which he found himself wincing internally at the sheer contradictory nature of it.

"Proof of her own narcissism that she surrounds herself with radicals and droids who literally can never object or disobey her." He commented, absently casting his gaze at the members of the Silver Jedi Order who had decided to join them. Members of the very same Order that were content to sit back and say nothing while Laertia rampaged through the Stygian Crusade. Only offering condolences once the bulk of the fighting was done.

He was not angry at them. Merely disappointed that they thought so little of their fellow Jedi that they were unwilling to so much as comment on the situation until after the dust settled and so many people were unjustly killed by their own rogue agent.

But such feels had no place here. Letting out a sigh as he let those frustrations fade from his mind. Reaching out with one hand to clap his comrade Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze on the shoulder. "Head on a swivel." He advised, already beginning to move up, light beginning to shimmer and bend around him as he called on the Force to hide his presence from both mundane and esoteric senses.

"Objective is to capture or force a retreat from her. If's she is willing to come in peacefully, great. If not, let’s remember that this woman is Persona non-grata by no less than three Galactic powers." While he would much rather see her in chains and brought back to Coruscant for trial. Driving her off this world and bleeding out some of her resources would work just as well. She had no official government backing. Her pockets were not as deep as the foes she faced. In a battle of attrition. She would lose in the long run.

"It is time to remind her that picking fights with everyone in the Galaxy has consequences."

Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Nico Kaidshau Varn Barakis Varn Barakis Laertia Io Laertia Io First Sister First Sister Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Last edited:

There was a subdued anger shimmering beneath Dagon's determined expression. An anger accumulated over the death of many New Jedi by the hand of the traitor. Her fall to the Dark Side over a reason the padawan could barely comprehend - a reason he assumed was distorted and incoherent due to the corruption of the darkness - had been catastrophic to the New Jedi's fight with the Sith during the Stygian Campaign.

Once, that same anger had been directed at their cousins - the Silvers - after the legendary Jedi Master Heavenshield had admitted to aiding the Sith on Dantooine. Over time it dissipated into disappointment and as more lines were drawn across Jedi politics, it had turned into a headache before he had simply chosen to ignore it. Jedi Politics were not his forte, he only wanted to do what was right.

"Head on a swivel."

Aaran's words and clap on his shoulder woke the Jedi up from his tribulations. The Warden of Peace was right - they all had to be vigilant and ready as they were headed into the lair of the beast. Death was only one misstep away.

"Always." he replied, then as Aaran's form began to disappear he remarked, "Who keeps teaching you all these tricks?" while Tafo's ability was different, it still reminded him of Viers Connory Viers Connory . For a moment, his mind wandered to Viers and her whereabouts before shaking off the thought and focusing on the task at hand.

His eyes narrowed ahead, scanning the direct area and running difference scenarios in his mind. Prep time. When Aaran finished talking, Dagon added his own view on the situation, "I don't think she will let herself be captured..." he let his words trail off into an implication many (perhaps) did not really want to consider - killing Laertia Io.

Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Nico Kaidshau Varn Barakis Varn Barakis Laertia Io Laertia Io First Sister First Sister Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Tags: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Laertia Io Laertia Io Nico Kaidshau First Sister First Sister

Varn stood with the group, together and yet somehow alone. He could feel the bad blood -if you could call it that- as if it were a physical presence. He didn't know the cause of it, though, he reckoned it was justified. Or at least partially so. Whatever the case, he did his best to ignore it. Stern-faced, he stared out over the endless plains of snow, the biting cold whipping his cloak about, giving it a life of its own. His armor mirrored the landscape, one precaution among many.

He couldn't see the base that lay before them, but his cousins could.

Starlin's words reached him first. Taking the binoculars from the man in question, Varn made his own observations as his fellow Guardian laid out the plan. Handing the binocs back, the Zabrak shook his head. "None from me," he replied, looking to the others as if passing some sort of metaphorical torch. No-one took it. Maybe Sakadi would, though, he doubted it. She didn't talk much. Maybe she'd break her silence for Starlin? Who knew.

"I don't think she will let herself be captured..."

"Didn't work the last time you tried." Varn said, his tone resigned, wary. He had seen the reports, heard the accounts through people who had in turn heard it from other people. He had not known Laertia before her fall, but it seemed to have come as something of a surprise to many who had. Anger, sorrow, bitterness; the path betrayal took was one that twisted and turned endlessly. Yet, the destination always remained the same. How his brethren got there was up to them as individuals. He hoped none of them got lost. "It'll likely be blades and broken bones this time, but who's to say? I won't fault you your optimism."

Wearing: Black Knight Chitin

Armed with: Momentary Discomfort

SynthBreaker

With:

Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe

Maple Harte Maple Harte (Equipment: The Cane Without Fear, Dancer Outfit, Francisco)

The Amalgam The Amalgam (Equipment: Resistance Epidermis, Skin Shears (Purple Split-Saber), First Degree Burn)

Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko (Equipment: Ritual Gown , Subverter's Blade (Double Bladed Lightsaber))

Darth Themis Darth Themis (Equipment: Serpentskin
Lightning Rod (Pink Lightsaber) )

The Serpents of Ashla (War Knights, Mage Knights, Stealth Knights)

Nuetralizer Model 1 (42)

Nuetralizer Model 2 (21)

Clone Troopers

(Fur Elise by Beethoven Plays)

Kerest was a frozen place. Desolate. Lonely, save for the activity in this old training facility they were trying to refurbish.

Xiphos had gained more recruits. People naturally disgusted with the Jedi's failure and weakness. The inability to stop the Bryn'adul.

What else could Xiphos do except take them in.

Themis and the creature that was ultimately a servant of Themis, Arianna Belasko, had hastily devoted their resources to get this old fortress, built by Themis during the Reconstruction Era, back to working condition. Repairs still needed to be conducted, but they were making up for gaps with the smartest placements of perimeter guard they could possibly manage.

Her skeletal son's patrolled it's dark, quiet halls armed with automatic shotguns and Battle Rifles. Both the Model 1's, the fearsome, murdery droids that had started making waves at Generis and the larger, bulkier Model 2's, who had reared their ugly head at Sev Tok, leading and organizing a Militia that would have easily been slaughtered otherwise. Maple Harte was here also, ferrying more willing recruits to Xiphos in the Silent Erika, her Black, J-Type Nubian.

Themis had arrived personally to check on their progress but also brought a vague warning of coming danger. She had altered her normal appearance significantly, applying enchantments to her skin to disguise her aura. She anticipated attack, clearly.

Arianna was basically operating as sort of the Academy Headmaster, the Light Adept hiding in Arianna's flesh not allowing what was ostensibly Sith to question why she trained and oversaw the management of heretical light Adepts.

Xiphos however, was, at the moment, simply relaxing by spending time with her new daughter Cameron in the refurbished private quarters of the old Fortress, partly constructing new Nuetralizers.

Xiphos wasn't currently training Cameron at the moment. The Light Sith was, in fact, in the middle of making breakfast for her (Whatever Cameron wanted). Cameron was the only daughter she could do that with. She was wearing simple black Civilian clothing as she prepared the meal for the dining table.

She caught a glance of herself in the reflection of a glass. The scars had fully returned in recent days, her skin the same tombstone pale it used to be. Long term separation from Syd had seemingly undone the magical erasures of her scars. She didn't mind. It was the face she had seen for years, albeit the organic eye no longer matched the gray cybernetic one. She shrugged it off.

Xiphos doted on ALL her children, but Cameron was the only organic one of the lot. She required special care. She had to feel like she was a genuine part of Xiphos's family dynamic, however utterly twisted it would look to an outsider.

"So Cameron..." Xiphos said as she set the meal down, sitting at the table. "How's your day going? Have you had any difficulty adjusting to your surroundings. I want you to feel comfortable. Everyone in my family has to know that every other member of the family has their back. It's the only way we survive our many enemies. And a few of our friends..."

Xiphos, whether Cameron was aware of it, saw much of herself in Cameron. Both had been altered by Sith at the genetic level for superior capabilities. A Light Sith for Xiphos, a Dark Sith for Cameron.

Xiphos wanted to give all her children the love she herself had never truly managed to hold onto.

"This life can be... difficult...if anything bothers you, you know you can go to me to talk, right?" She asked.

Just then a chime at the door sounded. Xiphos let it open while she ate. A Model 1 strode in, giving the thumbs up to Cameron before focusing on Xiphos.

"Mother? A priority 1 transmission for you. It's You-Know-Who..."

Xiphos sighed.

"Excuse me a moment, Daughter, I have to take this call...

Xiphos momentarily went to her bedroom, taking the call there but not shutting the door.

The holoprojection manifested the smiling blue image of The Amalgam.

"What is it, Amy?"

"HEEEEEERRRES JOHNNY!" The Amalgam replied in her insane, Fourth Wall breaking manner.

"I trust there is a point to this call and not you simply attempting to troll me. Again."

"I bring gifts. Those live Bryn'adul your boys captured? My interrogation bore fruit. Strong minded lot...but not after I was done..."

"What did you learn?"

"Ohhhhh just guiding tenets of their culture and language. Day to day insight into their empire. I've got it all on an obnoxiously gaudy gold datapad for you which I am bringing now."

"You'll have landing coordinates when you get here..." Xiphos said, cutting her off before she could annoy Xiphos further and went back to the table.

"Sorry about that Cameron. I 'had' to take that call. So anyway, I was thinking today we could explore the exact mechanics behind your Force Speed, test how you run through hazards and such. How's the meal by the way?" Xiphos asked as she ate with her...

Meanwhile...

Maple Harte walked the passages of the old fortress, a youthful but grim looking woman with an athletic frame, clad in a skintight black armor, getting a good look at how the Serpents operated. Xiphos, after Maple's brutal fight on Csilla, had at last decided to give Maple her full trust as to where her strange teachings on the Light Side were coming from.

Maple at last knew who Moya De Lifte actually was. Holy chit was that woman playing a hilariously dangerous game, training Xiphos while being a tertiary member of the Ashlan Crusade under Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson . Her sneak skill and charisma stat HAD to be maxed out.

She had gained some minor notoriety at Ziost, killing GA and NIO soldiers in an Infamous Tank Rampage that would have brought a tear to Brosnan-Bond's eye, and establishing unquestionably that even if Maple shunned the Galactic Stage, she could be as dangerous as Xiphos when provoked. It had increased during her vicious fight on Csilla, when whole enemy squads had been gunned down by her.

Maple was creeping, slowly but surely, back to her days of skill as Uri Udinia.

The Serpents didn't seem a bad sort. Many recruits were vengeful refugees from Sarka and disillusioned Jedi disgusted by the inability of the SJC to muster an effective response to slaughtered friends and family and societies. They all gave the Deadly Golden Eye a wide berth as she walked the halls, battling the voices in her head. Skip. Kittens! Skip. Back to reality.

She was only helping Xiphos because of the Proximity to The Amalgam it granted. They were both avowed to kill her, but the threat of the Bryn'adul (With The Maw slowly catching up to them.) was truly that severe. But when the time came, The Amalgam would die.

But if Maple was honest, truly honest, she knew she could only make up so many reasons for delay.

Yet she hadn't yet figured out whether it would be a revenge killing, a justice killing, or a mercy killing. What would be the most horrifying answer?

Into the Fortresses main training area was where the Bounty Hunter found Darth Themis training more recruits. She was clad in a purple and black catsuit, cowl lowered, revealing a dark skinned woman with red, curly hair. She was showing the recruits how to cast Electric Judgement.

"Anger and hate must never factor into the use of this power..." She explained as one of the Mage Knight's in Black Armor demonstrated the use of the Green Lightning on a target dummy.

"It can stun most Organics, but it is capable of killing Dark Adepts. It is highly useful but it isn't good to rely on it, unless you plan on becoming one of our Mages. Otherwise, should you encounter Sith, you must be prepared to fight with every ability at your disposal. One technique is rarely enough to win. The same goes for Jedi. Never underestimate even a Padawan. There is a reason they have survived multiple attempts to destroy or defy them. They are very well trained combatants, and their teachings have produced many a statesman and many a healer and warrior. Underestimate even one and you could meet the fate many before you have. Which would suck."

This got a chuckle out of most of the acolytes.

Themis smiled a bit, then finally called it quits after what had already been a two hour class.

Themis turned and spotted Maple, standing right where her visions said she would be.

"Right on time..." Themis said as she dismissed the student for their next class, this one training under Countess Belasko.

*Any unforeseen difficulty in acquiring the Pontites?" Themis asked.

"No. Even got a few crates of synths for the deal."

"Excellent. This was a real emergency. Turns out the molecular furnace we ordered had a defect."

"You said you would cover the costs for the fuel." Maple said tersely, changing the subject.

"Ah. Yes. I'll have the credits transferred to your account." Themis said, going over to her datapad and typing one of her many, many, separate and isolated shadow bank accounts and uploaded a transfer.

"You know, it's a pity we never really chat a lot. Xiphos has told me of you. Of your exceptional skills." Themis mentioned as the transaction uploaded.

"Why, so you could convert me?" Maple asked, expression deadpan, but tone as icy as the world the Fortress rested upon.

"I would be lying if I said I didn't see the makings of a great Stealth Knight." Themis said. People from Sev Tok owe their lives to you. You could do great things if you were truly one of us. I can craft something powerful enough to at least keep your madness at Bay."

"Like you did such a bang up job with Laertia."

"Laertia sees the problem clearly. And besides, the Jedi and the NIO are unwilling to do anything until the Sith are defeated first. Could you commit to something so irrational at this point?"

"I would have stayed out of it. Let them kill each other."

"Laertia lacks the apathy for that. Apathy is death."

"I was apprentice to one mad shapeshifter. One was enough." Maple said.

"I'm not The Amalgam, Harte."

"No...but you're a ball park estimate..." Maple growled. "Do you even understand what you did to Laertia? The worst thing you ever did for her was come back into her life and tell her the truth about how she was made."

"Laertia would have defied The Jedi Order with or without me."

"But not like this! Not where she is killing Jedi for refusing to forget their feud with the Sith Lords!" Maple hissed. "It would never have gotten to that point. Not without you! You made her such a big picture thinker she doesn't understand why they want to fight the Sith! She can't comprehend why some would rather die than join hands with them! So she kills them to win the argument through attrition! Oh, no, Themis, I know exactly how I would turn out listening to you...so obsessed with solving the problem you don't even think about how much damage and injustice to individuals "solving" it would actually cause."

"I'm sorry you feel that way..."

"Feel more sorry about helping to ruin Laertia's life." Maple snapped, walking away, deciding to head for target practice...

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Varn Barakis Varn Barakis

Nico Kaidshau

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Last edited:
Tags: Laertia Io Laertia Io Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Nico Kaidshau

Cameron had only just come out of the sonic showers after doing her morning Sprints, her limbs still aching from the strain and exhaustion of channeling Surge over a long duration of time. Naturally, the speedster was very hungry. Fortunately, it hadn’t taken long for her mother to understand that Cameron had extremely high caloric demands, which her power affinity only further exacerbated. As such, the Zanshi was delighted to see a full breakfast spread laid out for her on the table as she sat down, with her mother situated across from her, eating from a markedly smaller plate.

“My run went well, mother!” Cameron said as a soft smile crossed her features. “It felt nice out, actually. I think I’m getting used to the cold.” She added, before picking up her fork and beginning to eat, as her mother began to speak on the difficulty of her lifestyle, which she had already warned Cameron of many times before.

“I understand.” She replied. “I umm...watched one of your war streams before going to bed last night, mom.” Cameron said guiltily. “I just...want to get out there, ya’ know? It’s just something inside me that is drawn to it all.”

“I think it suits me. I know I’m ready for it, mom.”
Cameron added after a short pause.

Just then, one of Cameron’s many brothers strode inside the room, giving her a thumbs-up as he did.

“Hi, Mason!” The speedster said to the Nuetralizer with a sweet wave. “I’ll be up to spar later, by the way!”

From there, Cameron dove into her breakfast, savoring the spicy sausage and chocolate chip pancakes while her mother moved inside her bedroom to handle business. When she returned, Cameron glanced up, taking in Laertia’s annoyed expression as she sat back down at the table.

“The meal is good! I love the sausage, by the way.” Cameron replied. ”I was thinking I’d practice negotiating obstacles later today, after I spar with Mason and James. Sometimes I focus on raw speed so much that I neglect...control, ya’ know?” She continued.

“Also, do you know when uhh…’Sister’ is coming back? Surely, her master won’t need her for that long...” The speedster frowned. “Right?”

Z89V35n.png

She stood quietly behind the young Starling Rand. The last attempt made by the Jedi to 'talk some sense' into Laertia had definitely not yielded the desired result. A fair assumption to make, considering the delusional 'broadcast' she had publicly presented. At this point, were there any words left to describe her that weren't linked to terrorism? Sakadi thought not. And to think that they, both the New Jedi Order and Silver Jedi Order, could've prevented this outcome. After all, they had all been there at that moment. At the turning point.

Perhaps that was why she had remained eerily quiet so far, and had kept her face hidden by the hood of the cream-colored parka she wore. Missions like these, where negotiation would most likely no longer make a difference, were not pleasant. They were the kind of missions she typically avoided. This time, however, she had felt the need to be present. Especially after learning how their first attempt had ended. If Laertia really wanted to tie her name to conflict and violence, it was about time for her to step in.

Sakadi shook her head as visibly as she could when Starlin asked if they had any questions. The objective was clear as day and when she had noted that the others were on the same page, Sakadi would finally reach out - perhaps for the first time since they had embarked on this mission.

"Well then, shall we? This spot is a little too cold for my liking."

There was a smattering of chatter among the Jedi, mostly mutterings about how Laertia needed to face the consequences for her actions, but no questions. Well, except for the other Padawan in the group, Dagon, but his question about stealth powers was directed towards Aaran. Dagon’s expression then took on a dreamy look, as if he was remembering a girl or something. Starlin stared at him with an eyebrow raised in concern. “Uh, do you not know how to make yourself invisible yet? ‘Cause I’ve got a stealth field generator on me somewhere… although that won’t hide your presence in the Force.

If worse came to worst, he supposed one of the masters could extend their cloak over Dagon.

"So that this problem I might rectify, Ashla, hide me from the Outer Eye…"

Starlin whispered the spell, eyelids lowered in concentration. Violet flames seemed to silently engulf his body, only for the fire and him to disappear from view. He could still talk, however.

Okay, let’s get this show on the road.

He started walking, leaving behind footprints in the snow. The closer they got, the clearer it became, fading in from a vague gray shape on the horizon to a proper building. The shield was also visible, a hazy bubble around the black pyramid.

Pausing just long enough to give the others a chance to catch up, Starlin was the first to pass through the shield. As expected, it was harmless—and beyond the barrier, it was much warmer. He looked around the fortress, spotting at once the damaged eastern perimeter. It looked like part of the wall had caved in during an avalanche at some point in the distant past.

A group of troops were patrolling the area. These were not Neutralizers, but men in armor carrying blasters. Starlin observed their movements, waiting for an opening. When he found it, he seized the opportunity to slip through a gap in the collapsed wall, hoping the others would follow suit.

Nico Kaidshau

N
Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Varn Barakis Varn Barakis Laertia Io Laertia Io Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe

Kade had spoken to a younger representative of the Galactic Alliance Jedi Order on the matter they were now tied to. It was pleasing in one sense to be directly involved with solving a thorn in the relationship between the Silvers and the New Jedi Order. The price of that conclusion was something he was not looking forward to however.

There was an ill feeling that had secured itself firmly in his mind, and slowly bubbled from the depths of his core. He did not foresee a peaceful end to this endeavor given the nature of the first attempt. But it was something that had to be seen through to the end.

Regardless of how many attempts it required.

The environmental suit had been a bit troublesome to don. Some of the equipment he had seen fit to bring demanding some special rig or particular way of being mounted as they moved through the cold. Requiring him to spend some time behind the rest in order to be at ease that he had in fact correctly sealed the blasted thing. He'd worn armor before, and had a distaste for it given how long it had taken to dismantle in a medical emergency. But it was necessary here given the environment they found themselves in.

He came up behind them, his presence severely muted with his own effort. A somewhat disconcerting thing given the lack of the typical calm that was always wrapped about himself. There was a dark smudge in his presence however. Something the others could sense if they looked his way and focused sharply. A mental preparation that sang within his blood and body. Something he hoped sincerely he did not have to call upon.

He hadn't been close enough to hear the mustered Jedi speak, but he had made it in time to hear Sakadi speak in their minds. He didn't acknowledge the speaking, at least not with words. Rather with the amused expression he wore before paying attention to the back and forth going on about stealth. Not something he had been entirely expecting as he looked back and forth between the group.

His hands fumbled across the belt of his suit, finding the controls for his stealth field generator. A last minute addition that had been quite literally thrown his way by an assistant having learned of his task. His gloved hands struggled with the controls, the mittens not sufficiently finding purchase with the icy glaze over them before the hum of the generator was heard. Not remembering exactly how long it gave him, he was not one to wait to find out as he watched Starlin.

Starlin led the way with Kade following shortly behind him without question. Strange thing it was, following footprints in the snow. Especially ones that appeared rather than a solid, existing trail of them. He was still for a long moment as he watched for signs of the others to join them, passing through the shield in short order. He was thankful for the shift in temperature given the slight tingle he felt in his feet.

Now though, they had to be wary of the guards surrounding the place. A worry that was dispelled watching the timing the guards had. There was a shuffle, and the sound of footsteps that Kade did not hesitate behind. Every moment of this mission mattered he reminded himself as he pushed up behind Starlin. He wasn't in the proper mood for talk, and he wasn't in the right mind to be thinking of consequences.

There was a goal to be completed.

"Who keeps teaching you all these tricks?"
Faint amusement crept across his lips. "Council-level access to Holocrons and no social life." Came his reply from the empty air next to the Padawan as the Jedi made his approach, careful to move as quietly as possible, footsteps barely disturbing the snow beneath his feet as he drifted gracefully over the white carpet beneath him.

His gaze drifted towards the living guards for the briefest of moments, a pang of pity crossing his heart. The majority of them were clones if his reports were true. Born and bred for the singular purpose of guarding and dying for the mercurial interests and whims of a madwoman. If he could, he would save them. Bring them back to the Core. Have them deprogrammed and let them understand that they were capable of choosing their own destiny.

But their mistress took priority. Because so long as she roamed free. She'd just continue to make a mockery of free will and draw more people into her selfish zealous cult of personality. Her goal of trying to convince the galaxy to focus on the invaders from the East was noble. However, she went about it in such a back-handed way that all she did was perpetuate conflict instead of trying to decisively end it.

She can consider herself a pragmatist all she wants. But the facts simply did not add up.

"I will deal with Io. If the rest of you could handle her companions and attempt to cut off any escape. That would be appreciated." His voice was soft, barely audible even to his companions as he began to ghost his way through the halls of the compound. Making his way towards where he could feel was the largest concentration of powerful Force Signatures. Figuring that someone as self-absorbed as their quarry would be certain to make sure she was always surrounded by her fawning crowd of sycophants.

His fingers trailed on the hilt of his saber, His jaw set as he continued his march. One way or another. Either Io would come with them. Or he'd utterly cripple any resources she had here on this world. That much would be certain. The Concord had their chance to take in their rogue agent and failed.

Now it was their turn.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Nico Kaidshau Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Laertia Io Laertia Io Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe Varn Barakis Varn Barakis

Last edited:
Arianna Belasko, defacto "Headmaster" when Themis wasn't around, clicked her Tongue in disapproval at the sloppy blade Work in her Juyo class. Their hearts were in it, but the rough edges still needed weeks of work before she thought they would be ready to use Juyo in a fight.

"No...no...that is all wrong." The Force Spawn Countess, a youthful blond of excessive beauty in a long, enchanted white gown said to the nearest Apprentice in a Dark Green Robe, a Militia recruit from Sev Tok who had lost his entire family to the Bryn'adul.

"With Juyo, the best defense is always offense." Arianna explained. "You must constantly attack. Your attacks meet those of your opponent to ward them off with an unpredictable pattern. And your emotions must be honed to a laser focus while doing so, having anything less than total control of your emotions is the fastest way to die using this style. Don't use it against Mages like myself. We'll own you."

The class continued for another half hour after that, Arianna offering critique as necessary, before it was over, and they were off to study something easier like Form 2 under one of the War Knight's, ex Jedi Survivors of Sarka.

Arianna, not questioning why she, a supposed Sith in all but title, should teach a class of Light Adepts due to the Light Adept hiding in her flesh, soon decided to head to the Apothecary. She needed herbs for a ritual she wanted to show her students later.

She ran across one of Xiphos's most dangerous allies, Maple Harte. Arianna was actually rather fond of the terse, pragmatic Bounty Hunter. Maple never slacked off and pulled more than her weight around Xiphos. Maple was heading to the shooting range with a scowl.

"Miss Harte..." The Countess said with a smile. "Who pissed you off today I wonder?"

"Go feth yourself, Sorceress." Maple growled.

"Must you be like that? We're all in the same boat together. You have no more friends among the Jedi Order than we do."

"I have one friend." Maple corrected, but didn't elaborate.

"They won't protect you from the NIO after Ziost. Especially after your infamous Tank Rampage through New Adasta." Arianna said in the passage, circling her. "How many of The NIO's soldiers did you kill? How many of the GA's did you kill?"

"Enough to know I'm not done." Maple answered quietly. She never wanted to be involved in a Galactic Scale conflict. She had no love for the GA or NIO, however, and thought their obsession to destroy the Sith rediculous given the situation with the Bryn'adul. It's like their leaders were in total denial. Even after Sev Tok. The SJC couldn't even bring itself to credit Xiphos for helping them snatch victory from near certain defeat, couldn't admit that a Sith was probably the single largest reason the Wookiees got to sleep a little quieter lately.

"You've proven yourself a true friend to Laertia, regardless."

"No..." Maple said. "I haven't. I've been the worst of her friends. I didn't know how to help her, except out of guilt."

Maple said nothing else and continued to walk by a surprised Arianna.

"We'll turn you fully to our cause yet...just you wait..." she said under her breath.

Just then, Arianna tensed, feeling a true Dark Side Presence come into Kerest's orbit. Anybody with the Force would feel the rotting, smothering, evil presence of the creature aboard, along with a number of lesser, but still foul Dark Signatures.

The Amalgam had come to Kerest.

Arianna got out her comlink.

"Laertia, darling, your...ally is here."

Meanwhile...

"That's an excellent idea. Control in a fight is more powerful than the weapon. Without control, Power is useless. A weapon is useless..." Xiphos said encouragingly to Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe . "I'll train with you. We'll make a day of it--"

Xiphos stopped as she felt a familiar, rotting presence in the Force descending through Kerest. She was here sooner than expected.

The Comlink beeped. It was Arianna, telling her The Amalgam was here.

"No duh, Countess."

"Well you don't have to be all snooty about it."

"I'll meet her in the hangar. Look after Cameron in the meantime, pretty please?"

"I'll be happy to look after your little Speed Demon. We need a cool Sith name for her eventually. Don't worry about it meaning anything, I don't think many of the Sith names have an actual meaning these days. Whatever sounds the most Edge Lord seems to be the norm. Lemme try a few names out, see if she likes 'em. Darth Swifte, Darth Savitar , Darth Racer--"

"Cameron gets to decide if she wants to follow in my footsteps. She may be Sithspawn, but nothing says she has to take a Sith Name. Or even be a Sith at all. It is enough I train her to be resourceful. To survive."

"Aw, I was on a roll! Spoilsport."

Xiphos tensed, feeling a general disturbance in the Force

"Run a sweep on the perimeter. Have all security report to me."

"As you wish..."

Xiphos turned to Cameron after cutting communication.

"Slight change of plans. I'll meet you later. Go find Countess Belasko. She'll supervise until I return."

Xiphos hugged Cameron, then went to her armory...only a few of her things were in here.

Her trusty Black Armor waited, built long ago when she had been nothing but a hanger on agent for The Alliance in Exile. How far she had departed from that original point.

She slipped it on, and it felt like her real skin, the scuffed, scratched surface marring it's well thought out appearance.

Her eyes fell on another blade she had stored here today.

The Lightsaber of Darth Phyre.

Words did not do justice to how sick it made her to even look at it, knowing what it had done to her life. Even it's fine, silvery curved hilt could not make her forget it had dismembered her parents.

She had put off wielding it until this point. But she knew she could not be a slave to the past, as the Jedi were. So she would master it, as she mastered all blades in her possession. She would wield it to her ends, and overcome Phyre in that way.

She grasped, it, wanting to vomit. She suppressed it. She felt it's jealous nature wrap around her very essence. Wanting to be the only thing in her life she trusted.

Xiphos was repulsed, but tolerated it. But she still felt nauseated having it so close. It wasn't anything the blade was doing. This was purely psychological.

Xiphos walked stiffly to the hangar, tensing for another chit chat with her old master. That's when Themis contacted her over comlink in a panic.

"Julia, put the base on silent alert. We have a Jedi Strike Team planning for imminent attack! They're inside!"

"How come you didn't see it coming?!"

"The Amalgam's arrival clouded my sight!"

"Chit!" Xiphos swore, cutting the link and contacting Arianna with just two words:

"Condition Skywalker."

She then reached out, using her technopathy to talk to all her Nuetralizer children.

My sons, we have a Condition Skywalker. Get ready for IMMINENT contact. Defend the production facility, with whoever you can spare amongst you. The rest of you, you know what to do.

Xiphos then completed her journey to the hangar, running as fast as the armor enabled.

The Amalgam was waiting in front of her X-70B Phantom Class Yacht, Golden Data Pad containing all the information she had gained from her vicious mind interrogations of The Bryn'adul. A number of Witches were present, including The Battalion, an athletic, curvy woman with pale skin, curly long, dark brown hair and eyes, which locked mischievously with Xiphos' green visor.

("Rock Your Body." by Justin Timberlake Plays)

Xiphos gulped silently. She was a formidable warrior, fought beautifully, was beautiful.

Xiphos silently cursed The Amalgam for knowing how to pick what would be tempting. Only her love for Syd and shame at herself for finding The Battalion attractive (And acting on that attraction) kept her from returning the gaze more willingly. It kept her interactions with her icy, and formal...in public. But she knew The Battalion wasn't fooled.

"Do you ever take that armor off. You're going to get a rash, Daughter--and why the hell is Timberlake singing? It's so damn loud!" The Amalgam complained, snapping Xiphos out of an eye lock with the Battalion that had gone on a half second longer than it should have.

The Amalgam caught the glance and put two and two together about the OOC music.

"Oh. That's why."

Xiphos was about to warn her what was going on when her comlink buzzed again.

It was Maple this time. "Why the hell is Justin playing so loud in the Background!?" Maple demanded.

"Oh, that's just plot developments, Dear!" The Amalgam called out so Maple would hear it.

"Maple! Maple, there's a strike team inside, my sons are setting up ambush positions, prepare for combat!"

"What? Strike team? Jedi?" The Amalgam asked.

"Jedi." Xiphos confirmed.

"Ohh, I get to spend time with my daughters and butcher Jedi? I should have brought Ice Cream, the chocolate swirl." The Amalgam gushed.

"We can bring ice cream to these things?! Why the hell wasn't I told?! You know how much I want a bowl of Rocky Road after ritual dismemberment?!!" The Battalion exclaimed, clearly outraged.

The Amalgam sighed.

"Does anyone read the membership newsletters?" She asked, very annoyed.

"No." All the witches behind her said in unison.

"But I put a lot of work into those!" The Amalgam complained childishly.

"Amy. Attack. Is. Imminent." Xiphos hissed.

The Amalgam rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry, Daughter. Mommy won't let the big bad Jedi wreck your toys." The Amalgam assured, smirking evily as she headed off with her witches, the Battalion winking at her as she followed the Amalgam, clearly in the process of becoming an official character debut.

Xiphos began to stalk the halls, heading for the central ceremonial chamber were disillusioned Jedi from Sarka were finishing their magical enhancements being overseen by the False Dark Sider Arianna. Model 1's quietly evacuating the least experienced students to escape shuttle routes, while forming ambush and chokepoints, all armed with Sonic Rifles and shotguns, setting up gun emplacements.

"Where's Cameron?"

"Close. She'll be here soon." Arianna answered as War Knight stood, reflexes massively increases by unnatural applications of the Light.

Maple soon arrived also.

"We got a plan?" Maple asked.

"We ask them to surrender. They don't, we hurt and maim them to the point they wish they surrendered. They still wanna fight after that? Then they die."

"Certainly direct enough." Arianna conceded.

Maple scowled. "Xiphos...maybe you should rethink this. You have a target on your back the size of The Executor."

"I'm not surrendering to them. They only fight a war correctly when they have no other choice, and they aren't fighting the right enemy. The Bryn'adul will kill everything in their path--"

"It's not just the Bryn'adul threatening the Galaxy." Maple replied in quiet anger.

"The Sith are always going to be around. There's no point in wasting time trying to kill them all. Their focus on the Sith is nothing but their vanity talking. I wasted years of my life killing Sith, Years working for fools who only get the will to truly fight back after you have stripped from them every last remaining avenue of cowardice."

"You have saved dozens of people from them. Was that meaningless?" Maple asked.

"Close to it." Xiphos said dismissively, turning to Arianna.

"Are the War Knight's ready?"

"Ready as they'll ever be to fight and kill former bosses." Arianna answered

It was not long before Xiphos used her technopathy to hack the P.A. System.

"The Jedi Order is wrong to focus on The Sith. The Bryn'adul came within a hairs breath of being in striking distance of Kashyyyk. And still you refuse to accept the necessity of focusing on the Lobsters. If I hadn't come with the forces I had, brought the weapons I brought, my estimate is that Sev Tok's Militia would have been wiped out utterly. I have faced their leader twice and lived. A beast that has made fools of your greatest efforts even more than I have." Xiphos said calmly.

"The Order's obsession to destroy the Sith at all costs is putting the whole Galaxy in danger. The more you try to destroy the Sith, the more powerful The Bryn'adul become. What is so hard for you fools to understand?"

Xiphos waited for all who dared show themselves.

Nico Kaidshau

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Last edited:
Tags: Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Laertia Io Laertia Io Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe
Gear: Lightsaber,
Silver Jedi Knight Plate

Varn followed after Starlin, his boots crunching through the snow. The howling wind hid the noise, made the voices of his comrades sound as if they came from many, many miles away. The Zabrak was loosely aware of the GA men conversing, but whatever words they shared were theirs to keep. That was fair enough.

Moving towards the perimeter, the Knight was quick to mimic Starlin. Masking his presence in the Force was easy enough, though, it required some effort on his part. His physical presence was a different matter. Wrapping his white cloak about him, Varn did his best to appear small and unimportant. Whoever -and whatever- Laertia had patrolling the grounds outside the monolith would be alert, keen for any signs of intruders. There was no better way to liven up guard duty than by shooting someone. Or so Varn figured. Blasters had never really been his thing. He preferred the up close and personal approach.

Soon enough.

Infiltrating the compound proved simple. The swirling snow and wind kept them hidden, their movements drowned out. Their footprints would follow soon enough if the downpour carried on much longer. The guards no doubt had the means to see through the poor weather, but even so, the Jedi were soon inside. No alarms greeted them. No party armed to the teeth, either.

Shrugging so that his cloak slid back to rest higher on his shoulders, the Zabrak let his hand drift slowly towards the lightsaber at his waist. The easy part was said and done, he figured, falling silently into step behind the Alliance's Battlemaster. From here on, it could only get harder. Would only get harder. "We'll buy you the time you need to work." Varn replied to Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo . He couldn't claim to speak for the rest of his comrades. Not that he needed to.

He knew they would all do what they could to see Laertia and her cult brought to justice. One way or another.

Tags: Laertia Io Laertia Io Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Nico Kaidshau
Theme: Mirrors - Justin Timberlake

”I can’t wait for it! You know Mom, I want to be the fas-” Cameron paused when she saw her mother’s features tense up, shifting to a more apprehensive set, which immediately told the speedster that something was off. A frown manifested across Cameron’s features in turn, arched eyebrows raising as the comlink beeped, informing her that it was only the Amalgam. Giving a sigh of relief, Cameron smiled at the Sith title suggestions, even though the thought of becoming Sith was something that Cameron had not even considered, especially as her connection to the Force was more an unconscious thing, than something she could actively control like a traditional Jedi or Sith Knight.

Once Laertia turned back to her, Cameron nodded.

“Are you sure you don’t need help? I can suit up!” She replied, as a soft smile tugged at her lips in returning the hug. Nevertheless, ever the obedient daughter, Cameron quickly finished her breakfast and left to go find the Countess, spacepods in her ears while listening to Timberlake, humming softly to herself as she did. However, her datapad began to vibrate insistently against her leggings, spurring the speedster to slightly lower the volume of the smooth R&B tunes in order to read the message on her datapad.

Condition Skywalker.

Cameron was there one moment, then gone the next, speeding off in a blur towards the armory in order to suit up, hyperpods clattering to the floor in her wake, still blasting Timberlake as they fell.

Unfortunately, she could never get those things to stay in her ears while running.

Once she was suited up, even wearing the strange ear cuffs First Sister had given to her before leaving, the speedster set off, the P.A. system blaring Laertia's voice as she moved to find Arianna, intending to help her mother fight off the intruders.

Z89V35n.png

With her own stealth field generator activated, Sakadi followed the footprints of the others as they appeared in the snow. She had opted to use the Force instead, but after learning of the numbers they faced, she had decided against it. Force cloaking required concentration and when push came to shove, she'd rather focus on other ways to utilise the Force.

The facility itself was exactly what she had expected. A simplistic, cold and uninviting fortress - the aesthetic matched its inhabitants. Murder droids, terrorists and children who had lost their way. A part of her felt sorry for the many Force sensitives who had thrown in their lot with the Darth. It proved once again how difficult it was to understand Jedi philosophy and practice their ways. It required devotion, tutelage and above all, time. That was why she had always advocated to not take in any Force Sensitives above age ten. All to prevent escalating cases like this.

Sakadi glanced at Aaran and Varn as the decision was made. "Be careful, Knight Tafo. We are already outnumbered. Therefore, our strength lies in our ability to cooperate." Sakadi paused. She did not know how the NJO usually worked. But if they tended to face opponents alone like this, she understood why there were so precious few of them. Nevertheless, she wouldn't protest. "That said, I have faith in your ability to cut off the head of the snake. We'll handle whomever it are that worship her."

"Council-level access to Holocrons and no social life."

A huff of a chuckle escaped his lips at the Warden's quip, "I'll stick to keeping my social life intact then." he remarked, switching on his own stealth field generator. Ahead lied the lair of the beast and as Dagon stared at the abyss, he couldn't help but feel reassured by the number of Jedi around him; stripping away their affiliations, they were all Jedi at their core. Unified against a threat, they were indomitable. Dagon only hoped the optimism Master Barakis mentioned finally morphed into reality.

"I will deal with Io. If the rest of you could handle her companions and attempt to cut off any escape. That would be appreciated."

"I am coming with you." the raven-haired Jedi stated, a non-negotiable tone reverberated in his voice. A glint of retribution flashed across his invisible eyes and rippled through the Force that bound them all. Justice was to be served today.

Strengthening his link with Aaran, he followed after him. Conviction ablaze enveloped his presence.

Laertia Io Laertia Io Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Nico Kaidshau Varn Barakis Varn Barakis

Everyone made it inside without a hitch, dodging the clone patrols outside the facility unnoticed. Once everyone was inside, Starlin pressed a button on his wrist as he headed deeper into the facility, signaling the battalion of Jedi Shadows and Guardians waiting in the wings to initiate their attack. The sounds of the ensuing firefight outside were muffled through the walls. They were meant to provide a much-needed distraction. The Jedi strike team was not going to be bothered by Laertia's endless army of Neutralizers, clones, and newly recruited apprentices in their quest to assassinate—uh, arrest the Sith terrorist.

Thus far, the inside of the fortress was peace and quiet. Just when Starlin thought things were going well, the P.A. system crackled to life and the voice of Laertia Io rang out through the halls. At first, he thought it was just propaganda meant to rally her troops, but he quickly realized her words were aimed at the Jedi.

"The Order's obsession to destroy the Sith at all costs is putting the whole galaxy in danger. The more you try to destroy the Sith, the more powerful the Bryn'adul become. What is so hard for you fools to understand?"

If she was talking to the fighters outside, they wouldn't be able to hear it inside. Which meant that she somehow already knew about the infiltrators.

A jolt of excitement passed through the group as the other Jedi vocalized their plans. Master Tafo wanted to take Laertia on himself. Padawan Kaze insisted upon coming with him. Master Barakis agreed with this plan, and offered to buy them the time they needed. Master Sinvala advised against it, saying they should work together to defeat her… but then said she had faith in Aaran’s abilities and would support him in his efforts.

Starlin was the only one among them who had been there during the first attempt to arrest her. He knew she was going to sic her allies on them, forcing them to each focus on different enemies to avoid being swarmed. Divide and conquer, that was Laertia’s strategy. If the entire team all focused on killing her, they might succeed, but they'd also probably not make it out alive. Oh well. A Jedi's life is sacrifice, right? Eh...

He sensed a small force of Neutralizers headed their way. Abandoning all pretense, Starlin dismissed his stealth spell, his body rematerializing as he threw a small round object down the passageway as if it were a baseball. The sonic grenade rolled to a stop right as the Neutralizers were rounding the corner and promptly detonated, shattering their chassises and sending a shower of sparks from torn circuitry spurting across the walls and floor like blood.

A few of the droids at the rear survived the blast and leveled their weapons—only to be met with Starlin uttering words of power from behind a Force barrier.

"When my enemies threaten, Ashla, let your song deafen…!"

It was a modified version of a spell Syd had taught him, a kind of high-powered Force Scream. The resulting sonic wave that issued from the boy’s throat was loud enough to shake the paint off the walls, and by the time he sucked in his next breath, the entire unit lay in a heap of shattered scrap metal on the ground.

I hope y’all got Nimdok’s memo about the Neutralizers!” he shouted to the others, assuming they weren’t deaf by now. “We shouldn't have to deal with too many of them, but just in case: vibroblades, electricity, sonic and cryo. Save the lightsabers for her followers!

More were coming. The assault had begun.

Nico Kaidshau

N
Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Varn Barakis Varn Barakis Laertia Io Laertia Io Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe

There was a short back and forth about the plans, but it was disrupted with the announcements over the P.A. system that had the old man scrunching his brow. Certainly making some good points, there will still some things that required their attention. Hoping the mission could end with a surrender, Starlin gave them plenty of warning of the impending Neutralizer's as Kade shut off the stealth field.

Starlin incanted his spell, while Kade knelt and his mind stumbled briefly against the sound. Then silence as his mind separated and slipped away to elsewhere. Calm, quiet, and peaceful the environment that he pictured. The large tree in the center all those things yet still emanating an aura of rage. His hand extended from where he sat before it, the peace and calm around him not a charade, but not nearly the full depth of his being.

At the end of his fingertips, the heat captured inside the tree was tangible before he ever graced the bark. The thrumming of the fire that burned inside it pulsing with the same energy that was surrounding him. That false peace that he projected so often, a mask for the true source of that peace. His skin burnt against the surface of the large tree as he felt the ill feelings captured inside it. The bark split and cracked, his barriers opening to it, to himself as he allowed that part of him to flourish and spread.

A large split appeared, the thunderous crack of the tree separating as it had done but a few times before. The mending of the pieces becoming that much more difficult every time as there was less and less to sew back together. To keep this side of him in check. To ensure that he did not fall back to this violence.

Skin cracked where his fingers brushed the tree, embers permeating the mental image of himself as the draw of power began in his core. The energy surrounding him becoming a strange balance of dark and light as his presence became near to imperceptible in the force. Straddling the line, he felt the true calm of his being. The eye of the storm, the center of the great coiling justified rage, the focus of the incessant hatred for all things.

It guided his hand, sharpened his mind, attuned his senses.

He slipped back as the great clangor of metal and power ceased, remaining quiet as he stood. Power wrapped around his body, a tight formation that denied the enemy entry as he strode forward with a hand raised. Pieces of the fallen droids ripping and tearing themselves free from their hosts in a macabre dance of ill intent and focused ire. Pieces ground themselves into fine shrapnel and slivers, twisting and dancing around the sphere that encircled the master as he took his slow pace around the corner.

More droids came into sight, the man assessing each as the force swelled behind each errant bit of shrapnel and flechette piece before exploding with concentrated force in a destructive tailspin towards their targets. A lazy flick of a finger, released from the hold of his thumb sent piece after piece into a maelstrom of concentrated debris filled rage down the hall. Nothing was spared in those brief moments, nothing spoken. Intent and focus upon his face as he continued to slowly walk forward without a care.

These, trivial things would not impede them from their mission. Not if he had to rip and tear them apart piece by force-forsaken piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Be careful, Knight Tafo. We are already outnumbered. Therefore, our strength lies in our ability to cooperate."

"As I said, I will be able to handle Miss Io. I ask that the rest of you deal with the secondary objectives and her companions. I will keep her occupied and either capture her or force a retreat." He tilted his head to the side. "The less she's able to be mobile and harass us. The better."

"If capture fails. I will be content with simply crippling her resources, Minimizing the damage she can do."

"I am coming with you."

"I figured as much. Follow my lead then." Came the Warden's placid reply. His own form once again shimmering back into the visible spectrum as the Black Knight herself began to rant over the speakers. There was little point in hiding when she knew they were here. But his hand did not yet pull the lightsaber from his waist. Instead, he waited, he observed. He watched as the battle droids appeared, moving his hands to cover his ears for a moment as Starlin began his sonic assault.

"Dagon!" He called out, urging the Padawan to follow as he moved. His feet barely making a sound as he blasted down the hallway. One hand reaching out to brush his fingers against one of the Neutralizers who had been fortunate enough to be behind cover.

Crack

With a sharp sound of crackling ice. All heat and energy had simply been ripped from the droid. Leaving it a frozen husk. Taking Starlin's advice of utilising cold against them. Simple physics made his tactic an obvious enough one.

Well, simple physics and a high degree of skill with Tutaminis to quite literally rip the energy out of a non-living target. This variant was certainly not something he'd teach someone lightly. Nor would he ever attempt to use it on a living being. That was simply asking for trouble.

Moving onwards, his hand moved to repeat the process, half a dozen droids meeting the same fate as the previous one. The heat and energy contained within them adding to the internal stockpile inside the Jedi. Contained and holding for now, but ready to be unleashed. In fact, if one looked closely, you could almost see a faint shimmer of heat emanating from the Jedi's body as some of the barely contained energy leaked out.

It was hardly something he could hold onto for long. But thankfully he might not need to.

Arriving at where he could feel Io's presence, along with several others. His fingers brushed against the door. Letting loose a tiny portion of the restrained energy. A thunderous crack was heard as the door was blasted clean off with a surge of telekinetic energy. Allowing the Jedi access to the room.

"Laertia Io." He announced, his voice carrying though the room. "By the authority invested in me by the Galactic Alliance and the Living Force. I hereby place you under arrest." Stepping into the room, his eyeless gaze was drawn to the Black Knight. "You and your associates are given this chance to stand down. I can promise a fair trial. But I ask that you come peacefully."

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Nico Kaidshau Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Varn Barakis Varn Barakis Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Laertia Io Laertia Io

"Looks like it's on, now." Maple Harte Maple Harte remarked, activating her green, double bladed staff activating. She didn't want to do this. She was conflicted.

Xiphos looked directly at Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

There was no hatred. No rage. Mere contempt.

"I do not answer to The Living Force. I do not care a fig for what it wants at this point. I do not answer to you, or your Galactic Alliance. You think you have caught me, but I prepared for just such a scenario as this." Xiphos said, purple blade to her curved hilt Lightsaber swishing around.

"I'm going to give all of you a chance to walk away." Xiphos spoke coldly, giving a flourish. She had absolutely had it with the Order's refusal to recognize the greater threat. They wanted to focus on Sith? She'd fight to the bitter end.

"If you don't go away, I'm going to do my utmost to cripple you. Painfully." She said, her ice like presence of the Force, utterly cold to the injustices The Jedi were trying to bring the Sith to answer for. Their crimes could wait as long as they had to.

"Even if all of you present were all wronged by the Sith in some horrible way, the same as I was wronged by them, they are not the biggest problem in the Galaxy. Their crimes must wait until The Bryn'adul are stopped. Why can none of you let this thing with the Sith go? Even though you won at Sev Tok, they still nearly humiliated you. Even though they are still dangerously close to Kashyyyk, still you go after the Sith. Admit it: you hate them more than you hate The Bryn'adul, even though the Lobsters have murdered far more in a year than the Sith have in ten." Xiphos said. "Jedi? My answer is no. The Jedi asking me to fight the Sith are bad orders while The Bryn'adul threat exists. And I'll never work with NIO or the delusional scumbags of the Ashlan Crusade. And I'll never respect orders coming from you."

Xiphos looked right at Starlin Rand Starlin Rand .

"If I had known what a problem you would become..." She growled, as disgusted with him as he was with her. "That limb I gave you. I renounce it. And you. Should you walk away from this, take it off. You're too much of a servant. To a concept you didn't even care about until Syd educated you. How someone with that much talent could be such a sucker for people who would discard and ignore him the moment he got brave enough to truly disagree is something I will never comprehend. They don't know what they are doing. They do not care how many the Bryn'adul slaughter as long as they get to destroy the Sith. That line of thinking is pure evil! It's inhuman!" Xiphos hissed in frustration.

There was a thud next to her. The Amalgam The Amalgam came out of a Force Cloak.

"Did I miss anything?" The Amalgam asked. She looked at the Jedi present.

"Tired of being humiliated by my daughter, I take it? Well...this should be fun! I will be looking especially forward to what you do, Starlin!" She taunted, knowing he had the knowledge and willingness to break Laertia to the Dark Side utterly to give a win to the Jedi, even if it meant destroying Syd mentally at the same time.

Her purple blades flashed on. Xiphos, Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko turned on the red blades to her own DBL, telepathically calling out to Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe to find her and assist them.

Meanwhile...

Wearing: Warrior's Skin

Armed with: Elaine Tear's Lightsaber (Corrupted)

The Battalion naturally found herself wading towards the thickest combat outside, Her light red blade flashing through Jedi Shadows.

Her form was gorgeous like she was, seamlessly weaving defense strategies against multiple opponents, at one moment she would use Makashi's almost balletic footwork, only to switch to a strategy of strong, swift, yet unpredictable chops.

Of all the Cult members in the Cult of The Brain Demon, The Battalion was among a handful that had genuinely been trained Jedi once upon a time...even some Sith considered the Cult too depraved for their tastes.

The pale Witch smiled as she dueled former comrades, the bloodlust building. There was so much to feed on. The Fanaticism of the Jedi, Xiphos's inner turmoil over all her decisions. The Battalion hardly knew what to snack on first as she gutted her opposition after twenty strikes, other Witches taking to the Ice Fields, slaughtering Jedi Shadows. But She was the most proficient of the Witches that had accompanied The Amalgam by far, and cut down four for every one her fellow witches struck down, feeding off the death in the Force. She strode ahead of scattergun armed clones and Model 1 security teams fighting the massive number of Jedi,the snow stinging her face. She loved it. Lived for it. Elaine Tear was a background memory in her head at this point.

The Shadows attacking the clones and Robots got a nasty surprise as she jumped into the fray, dueling two or three at a time, shocking her attackers with her savage yet beautiful mastery of her Lightsaber,the one thing of Elaine that had not been consigned to the furnace of The Dark Side within Phyre.

They got an even more nasty surprise after, because Xiphos hadn't been kidding when saying she had prepared.

Model 2's, buried deep in the snow, rose. These ones did not have the Cryo and Sonic Vulnerability of their Model 1 brothers, and they possessed heavy Sound cannons. They rose like Zombies, some even trolling the invaders present as some shouted "BRAINS!" firing their chest mounted continuous sound cannons and shoulder mounted charrics at the unwelcome Jedi guests.

They had been a large Force picking off security, about to penetrate deeper. Now they were surrounded on all sides by a Force twice their size, and while their armor could not stop a Lightsaber, the weapons they bore were so dangerous that Jedi were often cut down before they could reach them, and The Battalion was quickly becoming such a threat to them that they could not Focus the Force the way they wanted to on the Droids to try and disable them, while they were busy fighting her, The Witches, the scarily competent army of Aquaman Daddies trained like Purge Troopers, and the now infuriated Model 1's brutally ripping Jedi in half.

"HELLO JEDI, MY OLD FRIENDS..." The Model 2 Units sang as they advanced on the attackers. "WE'VE COME TO KICK YOUR ASS AGAIN. BECAUSE YOUR SABERS SOFTLYYYYYY HUMMING, WILL SOON SHUT OFF AND YOU'LL BEEEEE RUNNING--"

My little cracked Kyber has 'very' interesting thoughts on Droid Programming... The Battalion thought privately as she viciously beheaded a Jedi Shadow.

Nico Kaidshau

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Last edited:
Tags: Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Nico Kaidshau Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Laertia Io Laertia Io Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe
Gear: Lightsaber, Silver Jedi Knight Plate

The voice coming over the PA system could only be Laertia. Figures. From the way she spoke, the points she made, it was easy for Varn to understand why Aaran disliked her so much. Of course, her past actions spoke louder than her words ever would, and despite the way she lifted herself up at the expense of the Jedi, it was clear to see that she'd put some thought in to her speech. No doubt she had her reasons, too, but the Zabrak couldn't help feeling that her points would have come across better had she not done the things she'd done. But the past was the past. No amount of regret -if she even felt regret- could right the wrongs she'd committed.

And if she ever sought redemption, well, it would be a long, hard path indeed.

When the Neutralizers made their appearance, Varn was quick to react. His comrades, however, were quicker. The grenade Starlin threw caught the first group of droids in a sonic blast that left most of them dead or disabled. The ones that survived did so only for a short time. Covering his ears with both hands, Varn looked on with grudging respect as the leader of their little band of raiders spoke his incantation. The scream that followed was like a shock to the system; too loud to be coming from any mortal lungs, yet quiet enough for Varn to know it had to be the work of the Force-user stood not half-dozen feet distant.

Letting his hands fall to his sides,
Varn took off at a gentle pace after Aaran as he made his charge. Nico, too, was putting in work. Varn let them. He had never been one to rely on the Force too much. His skills lay firmly in simpler circles; bladework, footwork, hand-to-hand, the whole menagerie. Masters like Sakadi and the others had him beat on everything else. Mostly.

Hopping over the husk of disabled Neutralizer, Varn fell into a guard stance at the back of the group as Aaran did his thing. The ebb and flow of power was a constant reminder of the talent his comrades possessed. Laertia and her cult would have their work cut out for them, Varn knew. At least, he thought he knew. Their target had proved herself to be a thorn in their sides more than once now. It would not be surprising to see her pull the rabbit out of the hat this time, too. But a man could hope. So hope Varn did.

He kept hold of that hope as the party entered the room Laertia and her crew occupied.
Despite what they were up against, the Knight felt nothing but peace as he fell in alongside Aaran, right hand drifting lazily to the hilt of his lightsaber. The sight of Laertia and her close confidants made Varn draw a breath. Whatever happened next would happen. A peaceful surrender. Or blood and plasma blades. One was more likely than the other.

Waiting as his fellow Battlemaster made the challenge, Varn studied his foes. When his comrade's voice faded, Laertia's took its place. The sharp snap of lightsabers being ignited punctuated her words, said all that needed saying. Oh, well. Glancing to his side, over his shoulder, Varn took in his friends and allies, their relative positions. They all knew the plan, would stick to it so long as it worked.

Turning to Aaran, Varn said, "It was good of you to try." Drawing his saber, the green blade took form as he ignited it. The steady hum was like music to his ears. Quiet, comforting, it leant him the strength he knew he would need to see this through. To the end. To the bitter end, if needs be.

"Make ready." He said, speaking to no-one in particular. It was time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom