Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Hylocereus"] [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Turbolift pitch time.

"The average shipbuilding firm makes most or all of its own components. One ship means tens of thousands of production lines, factory floor space that's exponentially higher than it needs to be. We make dedicated high-quality components that can save you real production resources. Integrated scalable life support complete with osmotic fields and a full range of multispecies adaptability - for a cost comparable to the generic life support systems that others might plug in because there's nothing better. Well, now there is.

"We don't just do life support. High-reliability hypernavigation packages, subsonic area denial, adjustable temporal shields, miniature Kerts-Bhrg fields for diving your ship into a star - we're aiming to be the galaxy's best provider of ship components, period. And since we don't build finished ships, we're not the competition. We're your new supply chain."

Orn'om

O
Zeke jumped, startled by the clearing throat. He cleared his own throat and set down the small blaster part he was inspecting and turned to face...A mountain. He really was a mountain of a man. He barely fit through the entrance of his location. He cleared his throat again and nodded to the mountain man.

"Y...yes, the Besom, not my favorite name but its a good freighter." He chuckled nervously. "Follow me through here sir," he pressed his hand to a panel on the wall that hissed open to reveal a much larger warehouse sized room. Scale model ships with fake weapons and were scattered around the warehouse space. While many were scaled down models with holo-interfaces to guide them through the ship, the Besom, Charger, Supremus, and the AP-290 all had full scale models with interactive interfaces inside to give customers a look at customization options as well as full spec lists and short commercials. At current they were the most purchased ship from non-government entities with the AP-290 outselling even some of their starfighters. Besides those two both the Purudii-Mk II and the Starbird both made appearances as full scale models as well.

Zeke led the Mountain Man to the boarding ramp of the Besom model and gave a sheepish smile.

"Don't worry, it may be a model but its very sturdy." As if to demonstrate he walked up the ramp into the ship's spacious cargo bay.

[member="Alaric"]

Hoid Hallafax

H
8SFyK20.jpg

Dozens upon dozens of monitors sat before the Mandalorian security agent. With his feet propped up on the console he sighed a plume of smoke through the unsealed helmet causing for a slightly eerie lingering smoke effect as it flowled slowly onto his shoulders. He grunted and leaned back further in his chair and stretched. This gig was good, from what he heard the Hawks up top were getting some of the best pay they'd ever seen.

Don though? Well Don was getting the standard Security pay. Granted that was still pretty decent considering most Security gigs weren't this cushy but it still rubbed him the wrong way. He rolled his shoulders and leaned back forward and began combing through the monitors. He couldn't be down there on the show floor but he could sure as hell window shop from here.

"There we go..." Don zoomed in on a Czerka stall and whistled as the camera zoomed in and out over the stall's impressive selection. Maybe on his break he'd take a stroll down and try a few at the shooting range.

Meanwhile, amidst the chaos, Dells was waiting patiently in line to see [member="Jorus Merrill"] .Head was down, staring at her datapad as she scrolled through various news stories and inbound messages. She wasn't completely sure about getting an audience with Merrill today - crowds might force it to another day. Yet she had nowhere to really be beyond browsing the various stalls at the Expo.

Idea was forming in her head - one she hadn't told [member="Xin Boa"] about. The Fleet had always been a touchy issue between the two and now that it had been attacked the issue was nearly off-limits. Yet it provided a potential opportunity to expand the shipping business Xin had started with the Dahlia. If Xin wasn't down to bring a few of the ex-Fleet members into the fold and expand...well....maybe she'd do it without him. She was tired of fighting someone else's war - too old.

She was here to see if Merrill had any leads on a halfway decent salvaged vessel. The man knew all sorts of unknown nooks and crannies of the 'verse, always seemed to find something interesting once he visited them too.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Narayana - Tram

As far as Kurt was concerned his business on Narayana was done.

He'd pretty completed everything he had set out to do, and while running around the station and looking at everything here would have been quite a bit of fun he knew it wasn't the best use of his time. He would have to head back to Tatooine soon, some company had asked to meet with him, and after that he intended on heading back to Naboo. The summer break he'd been granted from University really only lasted a few months, and he wanted to spend as much of that time with Jamie as he could.

Of course she was rather busy, but at least he would be around.

Touching his jacket pocket to make sure that the small projector was still there Kurt gave a slight smile. He knew that she would enjoy the gift, a small reminder of their time on Spira and all the other trips that they had taken together. His eyes wandered for a moment around the Tram.

Now that he was heading back towards the Hangar Bays the thing was less filled up with people, though that was no real surprise.

Everyone wanted to go into the Expo, they didn't want to leave. It made him happy in an odd sort of way. Arceneau Trade Company came from Tatooine, and there was a strange pride seeing the corporation flourish to such a degree. Of course ATC had been around since before he'd been born, but still, it was nice to see that his little dust world could bat around with the galaxies giants when it came down too it.

With that thought in mind Kurt stepped off the Tram and headed for The Eve.

A place like this tended to be about avarice, about people looking for an angle. Jorus glanced around and made that compass disappear into a lockbox. "There's value and there's value. Far as I'm concerned, that holds both. I'll respect it and I'll respect the task."

Jorus pulled out a hard-copy notepad and wrote down a name. "This is the woman you want to meet. She hasn't done private contracts like this in years; she's been bouncing between government and high finance. Bit of a polymath. Ticks every box you need. Archaeologist, physicist, engineer, diplomat." He ripped out the page and handed it to @Alcuin. "It's pronounced [member="Linna Beorht"]. Tell her Mara's father sent you."

He glanced past Alcuin. "Looks like I've got a lineup to wrangle. Good to meet you, and if there's anything I can do, I promise I'll take a look."

Ten minutes later he'd sold a Gran clan on a navicomputer upgrade and talked a pair of Echani out of investing in a ship built by a notable galactic government. And then came [member="Delila Castillon"].

"Dells! Good to see you out and about. What can I get you? Need a ship overhauled? Just plain need a ship? Friends and family discount."

"Jorus, pleasure to see you. How's the family been? Everyone alright?"

The redhead leaned against the booth, bringing up an image on her datapad. It had taken awhile to find what she remembered seeing ages ago - vague descriptions brought a wealth of images that she had to sift through at the time. Lucky for her she had been patient and came across what she had been searching for.

"No, no...No discount. I do need a ship though. I'm on a budget so I prefer something that needs work or can be salvaged out of the depths." Datapad flipped over towards [member="Jorus Merrill"] . "You ever seen any of these LL-1500 Freighters? Saw one years ago but didn't realize the potential. Now I'm on the hunt for one, wonder if you can keep an eye out in those desert junkyards and asteroid fields you always tend to run into."

"Don't necessarily need the cargo containers, those should be sourced easily enough. Trying to keep the search flexible enough. I'm hoping you won't tell me this is a needle-in-the-haystack situation."

Mala

M
[member="Cato Fett"] [member="Riva Quill"]

A clap of her hands and a squeal of laughter marked her triumph as the boot found its mark. Mala did a little jig on the spot, scooped up the second boot and drew her arm back to launch the other.

“HA!”

The woman was charging her with the boot.

“AHHHHH!”

Mala threw the second boot wildly, it slammed into the small of a bystanders back but she didn’t hang around to see how they would react. She scrambled backwards to get away from the advancing boot wielding witch, her feet tangled in the dumped jacket and she fell flat on her back, scrabbling to get back to her feet and running.

“HuuuuUUUUUUNTEEEEEEEEEEER!” she yelled for Cato.

Narayana - Expo Hall

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Reading Fiolette's latest message, only half paying attention to it, she kept her eyes moving here and about as she slowly walked along the Craft and Workshops hall. The Force was guiding her movements, and ever the curious little bookworm, she was following the trail it was leading her towards. Curiously, it was towards the tram station. Had the person or object that was nagging her moved on?

Lunch sounds perfect actually. I'll be leaving this area in a moment, nothing really caught my eye.

Sending the message, she refocused her entire attention on following the current in the Force. She needed to know what the Force was screaming at her, almost as if a penny was in the air, waiting to be dropped when she finally realized what she had missed. Arriving at the tram station, waiting for the next one, she sat down on a bench and waited for it to arrive. As she did, she allowed conversation to flow over her from expo goers all around her.

"Did you see the new BT-18?"

"Yeah, some of the other guys were talking about them."

"I can't believe the size of this station! Arceneau Trade really knows how to throw a party!"

"I know! And there have even been celebrities here!"

"Really? Who?"

"I could have sworn I saw that Podracer, Meyer, here awhile ago. He was great! I saw him when he was racing on Bahrain."

Her eyes popped open, the penny dropping. An immediate look of shock crossed her features, to be immediately replaced by a deep scowl of irritation. Her target had been here, the Force had clearly been screaming that at her, and he had slipped right through her fingers. Holding back the grumbles threatening to break forth from her, she got on the arriving tram and immediately set her destination for the restaurant section of the space station. Her mood needed improving in the worst way.

I'm heading for the restaurant section now.

Hubbub was crowding after her scrabble of small paws and indigo fur, security minders shifting out of their standing fugues and pressing after Mala against irked bystanders. Cato had tongued the chin-controls and quieted the helmet’s audio gain, tapping and knocking through bodies walling across the aisle. Female human, coalesce of bodily averages, dark crop of hair, dark jumpsuit, boot in hand and bearing down on his ward; swelling across the back of her occipital plate hinted where a thick boot-sole had connected avidly.

Mala was pawing and kicking to free herself of a strewn jacket. Behind the woman, the minders were strutting close, wanting to mute the squall. The minders were tall in gaunt armour, shivering the way vatgrown musculature tensed and strummed when coursed with adrenal stirrups, white-eyed, viciously humourless, and under stern contractual agreement to render services as defined by ATC and further legalities. The Expo’s prestige, its character and commerce, was not to be hampered or threatened. One unfolded a collapsible baton, one freed a snub taser-fork.

Cato speared through the crowd, opening gaps as necessary with nerve-jabs and numbing thumb-hooks. Needed to corale his ward and dampen the woman’s fuming ire. He stepped in, intercepting a boot throw, the sole rebounding off his visor and leaving imprints of oil and stuck grime. He reached and snared the Squib by her scruff, hauling Mala to her hind-paws and propping her up on the edge of his boot toes.

“Easy,” Cato put, raising his empty hand. The Other, the woman, looked no more plussed for it. “…Ruckus is finished. My friend here is going to apologize, then I for my lapse in guardianship, and then we’ll be on our way. No more fuss. Jate?” Good?

[member="Riva Quill"] [member="Mala"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Nyarana

Interacting Directly: [member="Mara Merrill-Valkner"], [member="Hylocereus"]
Indirectly: [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"]

While Mara spoke, Fiolette gave the young woman her undivided attention. She ignored the small sound that occurred when Taeli replied, components. Between Aurora Industries and Primo Victoria they had perhaps overlooked things such as life support. A small smile at the edge of her lips, she was pleased enough with what she heard thus far and once Mar was done with her pitch. The retired Grand Admiral took out her terminal just as second beep, this one from Kit came through. "I have to say it sounds fascinating, and absolutely so, but I'm afraid I haven't much time to truly chat so here is what I will do."

Fiolette for a moment put her terminal away and reached into her coat pocket. "Consider this a small investment to help you on your feet, in exchange Primo Victoria would like a three month exclusive on any product at least three months prior to market reach." She handed Mrs. Merrill-Valkner a credit chip with a rather substantial amount of zeroes attached to it. "If you have need of anything do not hesitate to call my office and of course your father knows how to reach me personally." She handed Mr. Valkner a holocard with the ever regal Primo Victorian logo with the Botajef Office number. "Truly a pleasure to meet the both of you, so I hate to cut this short and as much as I do not want to go, I must."

"Take care and thank you for the flower, Mr. Valkner."

She took a few steps back and waited for the crowd to cross between them and turned away.

:: Kit explain the Hapan Mother Situation ::

:: I may have sent her a personal thank you and she's making a bee line for us now. ::

:: Then I must say, Kit. Woman up and deal with it. ::

:: Thanks Boss... ::

:: My dear, you have faced down the Rogue Sith, the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium and the Galactic Alliance. Do not sit here, and tell me that the very idea of meeting with the Queen Mother has suddenly put you out. Woman. Up. ::

:: Right, got it. ::

Fiolette shifted her lips as she moved to another rest area, as she added Merrill-Valkner Systems Engineering to her investments portfolio. Between them and SoroSuub she was sure things were going to become very interesting. Next she moved to read through Taeli's responses, shoot. She was no where the restaurant area and something told her she had to take a tram regardless.

:: I got held up with a business meeting, I'm on my way now. Order something for me? ::

She exhaled and looked about before heading back through the crowd, looking at the signage as it directed her to a tram platform for the restaurant area.

All the while, Kit had dispatched Shed and Ao off to grab food while Rae moved to handle the interviews which left the Executive VP ready to greet the Queen Mother. Once she had arrived, "your majesty, Executive Vice President Kataryn Galeway."

[member="Magdalena Lethe"] | [member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

Makai blinked a few times towards his cousin. Steady employment for years? That was relatively legal (as far as he could tell, Dad would never invest in overly shady enterprises) and possibly in the interest of helping others beyond himself. The young half-Galan was mildly stunned to hear the news but obviously happy. Perhaps Miss Lethe was some type of miracle worker of sorts.

"Izzy, saving lives? That is...surprising. I am impressed."

Despite being stunned Makai was able to turn his attention back to GUIDE business.

"I noticed this center houses an amazing steakhouse. Both of you, it will be my treat, especially since I just found out Little Cousin Izzy is busy playing hero throughout the 'verse. Least I could do."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Narayana - Hangar A137

Though the station was about as big as any space station Kurt had ever been on, the whole place was convenient as could get. The Tram's criss-crossed each other rather nicely, making getting around a whole hell of a lot easier than one would actually assume.

That was how the former Courier had made it back to the southern arm of the station in record time. He wondered briefly how Arceneau Trade had actually managed to put all of this together, but he supposed that architecture and space station design was entirely and utterly out of his scope of knowledge. Kurt doubted that even with a full explanation of the design plans he would have been able to follow along for long. He wasn't exactly dumb but uhhh...well this wasn't his area of expertise.

Still, that fact didn't bother him in the least, and with a broad smile he stepped off the tram and headed towards his Hangar bay.

Parking had thankfully been included with his ticket, meaning that he hadn't had to pay any extra to dock The Eve.

The ship wasn't massive by any standard, but it was bigger than The Messa had been. Finding a proper hangar bay was difficult at times, and the price for those hangars was generally something he was unwilling to pay. More and more Kurt found himself simply landing the ship on the outskirts of towns and cities, simply preferring to take a bit of a hike to reach his destination. It wasn't a bad tactic, and with the on-board security he was never particularly worried about his ship getting stolen.

Not that anything like that would ever happen here.

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
Harley Fenstermacher said:
Weapons and Arms Sector
HCLI: Ground Combat Units
People: @Aisha'ven

A squadron at each base, that would be quite and interesting order to fill, and quite the price tag, but he was certain the blue Twi'lek had more then enough money, considering who they where representing. "A squadron of AP-JT's cost 996,000, but I could do a round down to 990,000 since your are buying in bulk, a squad of AP-XT's is 746,000, but once again I can take that down to 740,000 to make things easier". "The Pz08's come in grounds of 5 so that is 1,000,000 for a squadron. Times those all by 10 to get your fully pricing, though I am up for a little haggling", after all this was one of the first major orders placed by any company/organization.

"As for production time, we stock of 50 of both walkers already, all being field tested to, meaning we can filll out 4 of the needed squadrons right away, while we have 10 Pz08's of the line and ready to be field tested, so all of those those can be delivered within 3 days". "Rest of the walkers can be made in recent time frame, probably no more then a few weeks to have all the squadrons outfitted tested and shipped off, the Pz08's maybe a but longer, due to other hover crafts being made, but I can say no more then a month to have everything outfitted, shipping and handling included by our logistics division". After all not other businesses where making any major contracts just yet, so for the moment Harley could focus on Arceneau Trade Company's order.
Alisha gave a small smile. Yes, it was a small fortune, but with the discounts at the Southern Systems Business Expo, this was well worth it. Besides, Arceneau Trade wasn't afraid of using the funds to invest in other businesses. A mutually beneficial arrangement meant that others would be more willing to do business later.

"That sounds like a solid amount." the young woman added, bringing up a datapad to start any transfer of funds. Everything was being processed through Aurum Saacs Bank throughout the Southern Systems Busines Expo. It allowed a safe method of transferring funds with peace of mind.

A pause, then the Twi'lek looked up at the man, "You ever consider using Isotope-5 to power your products?" Isotope 5 could very well provide more power to blasters and shields when used. And only a small amount needed.

"We could offer Isotope 5 to you for a limited production run of a product of your choice if you are interested?"

Ebaba Muchomacho

Squib Shinny Shinny Boom Boom
Narayana - Exposition
The representative for MaraTibx, PharmaTech, Blas Tech, Browncoat Arms, and Haven Shipyards
[member="Klesta"]

All in all, it was a fair trade. Elthree already ran through the parameters and it suited the established limits and checklists for a contract. The droid gave a slight roll of her drive wheen and indicated a nod.

" Affirmative, gracious guest. This will suit." she took the offered contract and signed it.

"We will look forward to the ergonomic products and the advertisement for Haven Shipyards."

Ebaba Muchomacho

Squib Shinny Shinny Boom Boom
[member="Allana Badeaux"]

At that same time that the Hapan Mother had tossed her berry fruit smoothie, another L3-37 Assistant Droid went rolling alongside the young woman.

The pleasant droid turned her head and her ocular sensors gave a slight zoom. She had noticed the map that Allana had been reviewing. With a gracious welcome, the droid began, "Greetings, gracious guest. I do hope the Southern Systems Bazaar is to your liking. Is there any way I may be of assistance?"

Of course, the droid wouldn't be aware of who the young woman was. None the less, her protocol programming made her be equally charming and helpful to any and all guests.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
He grinned a mischievously wolfish grin from behind Mags at his cousin. He held back a retort and just drank in the surprise on the little tadpole's face. When his cousin offered to buy them dinner though his smile faded. His cousin was good in short doses, he doubted he could go a whole day and dinner with the kid.

"Uh...Actually Creia wanted me to look at some blasters for her so I think I'll be skipping on that..." A lie of course, but neither of them would know, unless Creia spoke to Mags before they left. Maybe he'd go take a peak at the Wretched Hive, snag a picture with Jorus Merrill and send it to Mags later as a kind of "Told you so" moment.

[member="Makai Dashiell"] [member="Magdalena Lethe"]

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
He signed the tripartite contract that [member="L3-37"] handed him, with both Mara TibX and Haven Shipyards. Utinni: it was all too easy to get them to substitute some advertising space for ergonomic assessments of critical workstations, he thought, while expecting noncash transactions to be more troublesome. It seemed to be the easiest noncash transaction of his life as an assessor. Even equity transactions such as the ones concluded on Hosnian Prime or in CSA space were usually not overly troublesome since he usually treated the resulting equity as near-money from held-for-sale securities in the short term, and hence did not consider equity transactions as noncash. Happy with the transaction, he would be able to get their act together, and now he could rest assured that he had enough fuel to get through the company's operations in its multiple clusters, assuming they would even be able to refuel their vehicles at base rather than at service stations. Savings would come under the form of cutting out middlemen, such as those at service stations...

"Thank you for your business"

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
Wearing: A white dress, not wearing the rainbow crown, and wearing a SSB Auction Wristband

Turning with a slight surprise Allana’s eye widened as see took a closer look at [member="L3-37"]. “Thank you for your assistance”, Allana knew she did not have to be pleasant to the droid. There also was no reason to be rude.

“The bazaar has been very much to my liking. Please do catalog that Ta’a Chume Allana Badeaux has been most pleased, also that I’m most pleased at how helpful you’ve been. I do apologize as out interact well be cut short. I have an appointment with representative from Primo Victorian. If I need any further help I will be sure to find a L3-37 droid promptly.”

“Do have a great day”, Allana waved goodbye and started to make her way to the Primo Victorian booth.

A brief moment later…

Once Allana and her two guards came up to the booth they were greeted. Well Allana was by the Executive Vice President Kataryn Galeway.
“Thank you for your most gracious welcome Executive Vice President Kataryn Galeway”, Allana’s posture seemed relaxed and the warmness could be seen with a pleasant smile.

“Out of curiosity”, something had caught the young queen’s attention. It was a possibility and a conversation point she hoped could spark a friendly conversation. “Any possibility you’re related to any of the Galeway noble family within the Consortium?”

There is a family of noble with the last name Galeway. Allana knew of them and their family. Allana was just curious, naturally.

[member="L3-37"]

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

x

It was a little strange to be walking through any kind of crowded area without someone else with her, having more or less always had some kind of security or something of that nature for almost the last two and a half decades, but she was much less concerned with security in such a public place than she was with the reaction she was expecting to get from the news she had decided to bring herself. Of course there was no doubt in her mind that Danger had no idea she was here, or at least hadn't known she was coming, as she hadn't sent any messages out of the estate she'd taken to living in at all since she'd moved in, but it was the nature of the beast when in the situation she had put herself in. She flashed a smile with the shake of her head at a vendor that had tried to get her attention as she passed by a booth that seemed to be selling some kind of pharmaceutical product line, glancing around to get a better sense of direction for herself.

Out of the corner of her eye she could have sworn she saw someone that looked rather familiar, but she pushed the thought out of her mind and instead headed towards the casino area of the expo - one of several places she suspected her step-mother to be. 'No time like the present, I guess,' Lily thought to herself, nodding at several people dressed in tuxedos and elaborate evening gowns. She'd honestly hoped both of her parents might have attended the auction today, but she was a tiny bit more comfortable discussing what she had to say with Danger over her father. It still wasn't something she was entirely comfortable popping up out of nowhere to talk about, of course, but she felt it was something that needed to be spoken about in person.

It didn't take quite too long to catch sight of [member="Danger Arceneau"] in the distance, putting one concern at ease for now.

Now she'd just have to hope she could spare a few minutes to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom