Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Narayana - Food and Entertainment Section
[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

A very despondent Taeli had arrived in the restaurant section, and immediately sought out the most expensive place she could find. She needed some sort of pick-me-up for missing Meyer. Just the thought of it brought on another round of irritation that she had been so close to the man who held her long sought after prize. Ordering the most expensive dessert on the menu, and a large pot of caf, she sat at one of the ornate booths, staring gloomily at the table.

Even the ping of her datapad, showing a message from Fiolette and an update on their sales from Jaxson, did little to improve her mood. Turning on the location finder for the other woman, she sighed as her dessert was served to her. She wasn't even hungry right now, evident by her just picking at it with her spoon.

How had she let him slip by? The easy answer to that question was she didn't know how he felt in the Force, and with all the people around, she would never have been able to distinguish his from all the other non-Force users present. Perhaps she needed to be more proactive in finding him... one would think in this whole wide galaxy, it would not be hard to find one man who wasn't even hiding. Did he even know what he had in his possession?

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Weapons and Arms Sector
HCLI: Ground Combat Units
People: @Aisha'ven

Another day another transaction, things where going well, more so that the woman was okay with the set prices, but once more being a major company the costing that Harley was easily in their range of affordability. "Well I thank your for your business, I'll send a message for my production and logistic teams to start right away", while sending the commands the to woman came out with a different offer, one that was very interesting.

"That is quite the offer, where you suggesting a sort of trade, or licensing agreement where I can use the Isotope and you have access to an item of mine"? either would work well, such an Isotope was rare and hard to come by. "If so would your company be interested in a weapon or processing system of some sort, or just another combat vehicle. though we do have a new small range of fighter craft available".

Fiolette Fortan

F
Naryana

[member="Allana Badeaux"] | Kit Galeway

"You are most welcome, your Majesty, I-" Kit stopped there as the Queen Mother went on to ask about her lineage. To be quite honest, Kit hadn't a clue but she supposed that being raised in a place such as the First Order. That it had this tendency to erase whatever you had been, "perhaps? I am not certain, my family gave up any claims to such things when we joined the First Order's cause back on Eriadu, but maybe a conversation for another time."

"Now, I wanted to speak with you in person and give you a familiar face within our company." Kit continued, "Primo Victorian Shipwright started as Primo Coruscanti Construction before being brought over to Dosuun and eventually became rebranded by Valessia Brentioch of Brentaal IV. She then sold the company to fleet admiral Fiolette Yvarro, who retired at grand admiral and has since sunk a lot of time, and effort into the company. What I personally wanted to do, was to go over any naval needs that the Consortium may need whether that's now or in the future. I understand you're busy so if you would like, we can arrange for a personal meeting later on either with you or one of your representatives."

Meanwhile, Fiolette stepped off the tram and flipped on the location finder which guided her through the food court and entertainment sections. It meant squeezing through the crowd who didn't care if you were a Grand Moff or an Emperor they bumped your shoulders regardless. She ran a hand through red hair and swept it over her left shoulder. She pushed through with one hand while the other held the terminal. Her eyes were drawn to the 'Flan Factory.'

"Point one for mass marketing, I suppose," she said to herself and just as Fiolette turned her eyes from the blaring signage her eyes went to scan the restaurant. A man at the podium may have been talking to her but she ignored him. The retired grand admiral excused herself and made a beeline for [member="Taeli Raaf"], all she could see was the woman's despondent posture. As she came around the table, the red head gave Taeli's hand a squeeze, "you alright?"

Narayana - Food and Entertainment Section

"Not really," she sighed, squeezing Fiolette's hand back for a moment. "I found out someone I have been looking for was on station and I missed them."

She let out another sigh, fussing with her dessert as she did. Nothing wrong with telling Fiolette about the situation. After all, it wasn't like she would probably know who Meyer was right? That would just be one of the galaxy's little oddities.

"His name is Kurt Meyer," she explained. "I've been trying to find him for several weeks now because he and everyone around him is in mortal danger. He won a Podrace in First Order space last year, and part of the prize was a puzzle box from Zakuul. That puzzle box is a concealed Sith holocron, and the stories say it is the personal holocron of the Sith Lord Vitiate. If someone tries to solve the puzzle and is wrong, their life force gets drained and they turn into a husk or dust. And just to make matters worse, there is a Sith Lord tracking him down as well."

True from a certain point of view.

"I found the gang he won the prize from on a small border world called Bahrain, but the Sith had already been there. Only one man was barely alive when I arrived, and he died shortly after from his injuries. The only consolation I have is the Sith seems to be having the same issues in finding Kurt I have had."

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
Wearing: A white dress, not wearing the rainbow crown, and wearing a SSB Auction Wristband.​
Listening, Allana careful watched the representative speak. Her first initial reaction to the previous question that if she might be a Hapen was, curious?

Allana’s graceful smile was still present as she continued to listen. If she had not been interested would she have even made a bid on that ship? It was not just politics that was shifting within the Consortium. Allana was moving the understanding of naval warfare as well. The young woman had plans, plans that she had put in motion to increase the protection of the Consortium.

“I would like a continued none formal discussion right now”, Allana began to revel some of her thoughts. “Also later, I would like a formal discussion with me and some representatives of the Hapes Consortium.”

Thinking about some quick questions, one came to mind. “I’m not that starship tech savvy. But I did see some features on the ship that interested me. How much has your company experimented with gemcutter technology?”

Fiolette Fortan

F
Narayana

[member="Allana Badeaux"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Yes." Kit answered directly, "Primo Victorian Shipwright produced much of what the First Order had as a navy prior to the admiral's retirement. We developed anti-stealth technology and have been studying stealth technology as well." It spoke more that the Queen was interested in stealth, covert or private the reasons did not need to be spoken. "What can you tell me about Hapan's naval capabilities as it stands? And are looking simply redevelop older designs or are you looking at going into a new direction altogether?"

She paused a moment to take out a small tablet, "and as for the secondary meeting, allow me to get that put together for you now."

Fiolette meanwhile moved her chair to sit beside Taeli, rather than across. It was a first for the Galidraani, to see the other woman in such a sorry state. When a waiter came by, the woman waved them off as Taeli spoke about her trouble. The woman explained her troubles regarding a man named Kurt Meyer and a Sith Holocron, what in the blue galaxy a Jedi Grand Marshal would want a Sith Holocron seemed odd to the red head but she said nothing of it. Nothing about this thing sounded good, but she listened anyway. "I'm sorry darling," she offered, "wish I could help you in some way, but I know nothing of this Kurt Meyer - I barely recall the pod race you mentioned. However, should his name or face come across my desk I'll send you the information, how's that?"

She gave Taeli a kiss on the forehead in reassurance.

"You mentioned on Freeago that it would be my choosing on where we go after this and I believe I have just the place."

Makai Dashiell said:
[member="Magdalena Lethe"] | [member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

Makai blinked a few times towards his cousin. Steady employment for years? That was relatively legal (as far as he could tell, Dad would never invest in overly shady enterprises) and possibly in the interest of helping others beyond himself. The young half-Galan was mildly stunned to hear the news but obviously happy. Perhaps Miss Lethe was some type of miracle worker of sorts.

"Izzy, saving lives? That is...surprising. I am impressed."

Despite being stunned Makai was able to turn his attention back to GUIDE business.

"I noticed this center houses an amazing steakhouse. Both of you, it will be my treat, especially since I just found out Little Cousin Izzy is busy playing hero throughout the 'verse. Least I could do."
Isaiah Dashiell said:
He grinned a mischievously wolfish grin from behind Mags at his cousin. He held back a retort and just drank in the surprise on the little tadpole's face. When his cousin offered to buy them dinner though his smile faded. His cousin was good in short doses, he doubted he could go a whole day and dinner with the kid.

"Uh...Actually Creia wanted me to look at some blasters for her so I think I'll be skipping on that..." A lie of course, but neither of them would know, unless Creia spoke to Mags before they left. Maybe he'd go take a peak at the Wretched Hive, snag a picture with Jorus Merrill and send it to Mags later as a kind of "Told you so" moment.

[member="Makai Dashiell"] [member="Magdalena Lethe"]
There were times that Magda found herself wondering why she didn't know more about Isaiah's background. Times like this, when distant cousins stepped out of the corporate woodwork to shine a small light on a rather shaded past. Then, she recalled, there were moments that she was perfectly complacent knowing as little about it as possible.

Like when she caught Izzy lying through his teeth. Just a sample of his many endearing qualities.

One of Magda's brows gave an unsolicited quirk upwards, a small hint to the irritation contained by the young woman.

She smiled through it, "Well that would be lovely," seeing an opportunity that would have likely been overlooked had she actually been more engaged in the bazaar, "and what an appropriate opportunity to celebrate all of Isaiah's many accomplishments over the years. We'd be happy to join you, but I'm afraid Creia won't be joining as she's busy managing a team over on Portos."

Looking back to Izzy with a wide grin, it wilted slightly as she noted his attire, "Oh but you'll have to give us some time to get him in some formal wear and tiddied up a bit. Shouldn't take more than an hour, I think I saw a custom outfitter on the first floor."

His mismatched buttons had never been more glaringly apparent to her than they were right now, "How's about we meet there at six?"

[member="Makai Dashiell"]
[member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
Harley Fenstermacher said:
Weapons and Arms Sector
People: @Aisha'ven

Another day another transaction, things where going well, more so that the woman was okay with the set prices, but once more being a major company the costing that Harley was easily in their range of affordability. "Well I thank your for your business, I'll send a message for my production and logistic teams to start right away", while sending the commands the to woman came out with a different offer, one that was very interesting.

"That is quite the offer, where you suggesting a sort of trade, or licensing agreement where I can use the Isotope and you have access to an item of mine"? either would work well, such an Isotope was rare and hard to come by. "If so would your company be interested in a weapon or processing system of some sort, or just another combat vehicle. though we do have a new small range of fighter craft available".
"Fantastic." Business done, Alisha'ven waited for the man to process the offer. At his commentary on if the conglomerate would be interested in a weapon or processing system of some sort, Alissa gave a nod.

"We are always in the market for new products that we can use. What do you have in the form of weapons that can incapacitate ships but not harm anyone within?"

"No more fuss!?" came Riva's immediate outburst, her anger causing her Coruscanti accent to shine through clear as day. "I've got a knot the size of a huttling on the back of my head that your... pet? Caused because apparently I can't just throw stuff away in a trash chute like a normal person!"

Her immediate ire spent as quickly as it had come, she blew a huff of air and pinched the bridge of her nose. The pain of the impact had sparked her temper, a bad habit she'd developed on board whaler ships among hot-headed sailors and dock hands. Her size, gender, and so-called 'posh' accent earned her few friends and more than a few enemies, though she'd gotten by somehow. Unfortunately, quick to anger was one of the things she'd had to rely on which hadn't exactly... helped the situation so far.

"Why were you in the garbage chute of all places?" she asked the little creature after a moment, her tone more normal, if still somewhat exasperated. "That's where the trash goes. Like old boots and clothes, well past their prime."

She inhaled and caught the whiff of old food, dirt, and what seemed to be flat, carbonated beverages.

"And unwanted food, apparently."

[member="Cato Fett"] [member="Mala"]

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
Allana’s quiet thought, the anti-stealth technology was interesting. With-in the Transitory Mists this technology was near useless. Approaching the Mists was something that had been on Allana’s mind. The Consortium had ship production but many of the yards had been taxed. It was not something she wished to admit to anyone even within the Mists.

The Consortium was so busy turning out ships around the 500 meters. This had taxed the Consortium to the degree it was limited the production capabilities outside of producing large ships. Bureaucratic nonsense was intervening also. The Duch’as was divided on interaction with anyone from outside of the Mists. This meant endless debates of talking about if they should outsource work to get ships fielded.

Allana had the patience to debate. The issue was The Hapen Royal Navy did not have the time. They were in need and their Queen Mother understood this.
She was still going to take the secondary meeting. It meant they could talk details in a more private setting. Allana was done waiting for the debates to end. She was ready to act. The safety of the people of the Consortium meant more to her then hurt feelings of nobles.

In fact she was going to push this and think huge!

“I did have something in mind”, that something was not small for the Hapes Consortium. Being that the Consortium was so secretive about some things many people were not going to agree with Allana. “I’m looking to field a new ship along the one thousand meter range. The original design was unique and it will have to be redesigned to fit production on a large scale. Security will have to be tight along with some legal dialog. I would like it if this special sub light engine drive, that it will only be used by the Consortium and for Primo Victorian private use.”

Allana understood by doing this the temptation of Primo Victorian of using the engine for private use would be high. It seemed like adequate compensation to detour Primo Victorian from being tempted to try to sell this engine design on the open market.

The idea Allana had was to take the symbol of the Hapes Consortium and reconfigure it. The legendary Hapen Battle Pulsar the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer. Historically it was equal with shields and firepower. It did not carry any star fighters. It however was much faster than an Imperial Star Destroyer. At full sub light speed the Hapen Battle Pulsar could span the distance of one end of the Transitory Mists to the other side in just four hours. That was no small feet.

The engine could easily give larger vessels advantage of speed in Fleet combat. It was very likely Primo Victorian had its own unique engine designs that gave their ships fast speeds. This was a singular opportunity to look a ship design that very few select people got to see. Normally the Consortium would field only one of its type at a time. One reason because inside it was a floating palace. Allana did not plan on fitting it with godly expensive paintings and sculptures. No it was going to be fitting for soldier’s not pompous nobility. If she could only field a handful at a time, that was fine with her.

Harley Fenstermacher

Weapons and Arms Sector
People: [memeber="Aisha'ven"]

"Ah you are looking for an Ion cannon no? well thankfully my company can produce one from scratch easily if you need be, something like a hard hitting slow firing cannon to take down enemy ship? or something fast firing and accurate"? Ture he did not really take custom request orders a lot, but Ion weapons was an area his company had not yet looked into yet, and any possible market was a good one, expect drugs, those where not good in the least. "My company would be happy to start a new line of products in Ion weapons and allow you to have them for some isotopes".

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Maybe it was the slight inkling a woman's intuition gives. Or maybe, it was something different. Whatever it would be, the next few seconds saw the woman turn her head towards Lily's direction. She had been mid-conversation when those green eyes paused. Two seconds went ticking by, followed by the fade of her words.

It took only a couple more seconds before Danger's eyes went wide and recognition swept over the older woman's face.

"Beggin' your pardon Comte Sie, please do try the buffet." she began, excusing herself with her typical cordial drawl. However, while the small smile had flashed towards the Comte, her attention was fully on the young redhead across the way.

Purpose could be seen in her amble, the crowd half parting along with Danger's weaving through. Until finally, the woman came to a stop in front of the younger woman that Danger had not seen in months. No communication save that last missive detailing that she would be leaving with her lover and stepping down as Empress of Teta.

"Lily?" Danger's voice was half hopeful half shocked. Granted, the younger woman wouldn't get a chance to respond. Not when Danger went reaching out to pull the woman into a tight, warm hug.

"Oh, it's good to see you." the Nogrhi companion that Danger had assigned to Lily could only give her updates. That she seemed to be well on that planet that Lily called home. That she was unhurt. Had there been any different news, then Danger would have called favors to see what could be done to bring Lily home. However, if this was all by Lily's choice, then they had to respect that.

The question was if it was necessary to be completely distant?

Alisha'ven

Arceneau Trade Company
Harley Fenstermacher said:
Weapons and Arms Sector

"Ah you are looking for an Ion cannon no? well thankfully my company can produce one from scratch easily if you need be, something like a hard hitting slow firing cannon to take down enemy ship? or something fast firing and accurate"? Ture he did not really take custom request orders a lot, but Ion weapons was an area his company had not yet looked into yet, and any possible market was a good one, expect drugs, those where not good in the least. "My company would be happy to start a new line of products in Ion weapons and allow you to have them for some isotopes".

"Yes, fast firing and accurate. While we normally do not engage first, we want to make sure that if we are attacked that we can neutralize the opponent quickly and, if possible without bloodshed." of course, that wasn't to say that the other party had other goals, but Arcenaeu Trade sought to first neutralize a ship by making it dead in space. If they could prevent it from making any more shots the better.

"I believe we can come to an agreement. We can provide the Isotope 5 for two product lines for the ion weapons. Thereafter, we can renegotiate to determine where to go from there. How does that sound?"

Harley Fenstermacher

Weapons and Arms Sector

Harley made a note of what the Twi'lek wanted, Ion weapons where not an area that HLCS had looked into yet, so it was a nice market to make products for. "Such a weapon can be arranged, i will get R&D on it right away", he replied to the Twi'lek, "and yes such an arrangement sound reasonable for the first part, I am assuming this will be a limited run for your company right"? He doubted such a weapon using the isotope could be out into full production, let along be for open market use, but doing custom order for certain organization did seem like another interesting field to branch out into. "Well I guess it is a deal then, I look forward to more business in the future".

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Despite all of the confidence she'd tried to muster, she was still a bit nervous. It didn't help that she noticed Danger making a beeline towards her with quite a bit more urgency, or at least purpose, than she, herself, had in her quiet stroll towards the business titan. Lily couldn't blame her, of course - she had sort of ghosted everyone when she left, of which she was partially at fault for. She smiled demurely as her stepmother reached her, giving a tilt of her head as spoke her name - suddenly feeling very warm as she was pulled into a rather tight embrace. "The one and only." Lily answered meekly, her eyes darting down at her toes as they separated. She silently agreed with Danger, it was good to see family again. It was a chance she might not have had again for some time if she hadn't taken this one.

"I, uh.. I dropped by to see you, to talk." She explained, a tiny bit flustered as she tried to find the words. "I was kind of hoping dad would be with you, to make it a little easier, but I guess we can't expect everything, huh?" She added, emphasizing her disappointment with a forced laugh, her expression a bit too detached for it to be real. "Do you have a moment to talk? It doesn't have to be private, necessarily, I don't think anyone really even noticed me on my way here, but it's something important.. and I was hoping I could try and.. bridge.. the distance I've put between the family and myself." Lily said, somewhat hesitantly. She seemed unsure of herself, or unsure of something at any rate.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
What was happening? Plans were being made all around him and he had no control over it. He didn't like not having control over his own life but here he was, pressed suit, shirt, tie, coat, hair combed back with a hot comb, trimmed facial hair...When he looked at himself in the mirror he had no idea who the man was.

Luckily he wouldn't need to for much longer. For right sitting perfectly in perfection was a bottle of bronze Corellian Whiskey, and it was calling his name. The cap popped off with a flick of the Force and into his mouth it went. He gulped and gulped and gulped and gulped, letting the literal poison tumble into his gullet.

As long as he didn't spill any on his clothes for dinner it would be fine right?

[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

They'd arrived before [member="Makai Dashiell"] and been seated at a table off to the side. It had been a whirlwind makeover, but damnit if she didn't get [member="Isaiah Dashiell"] looking mostly civilized and presentable for public affairs. She might've even remarked that he looked positively dashing if it weren't for all the guzzeling and the bottle stuck halfway down his throat.

Where had it even come from? She certainly didn't order that.

"Isaiah!" Magda hissed at him, "- would you -" he kept guzzling, " - stop it! This is not proper table eitquette."

Lawdy, if her mother were here she'd have smacked that bottle right out of his mouth and managed not to spill a single drop on her perfectly coiffed self. Where had those genes gone? Oh, right, her sister.

"Isaiah Dashiell I will cut your vacation expenditure allowance if you don't stop this instant."

It had appeared he arrived a bit later than Miss [member="Magdalena Lethe"] and his cousin, [member="Isaiah Dashiell"] .He silently hoped it wasn't horribly late but as he was led to the table Izzy was guzzling down a bottle of beer. Despite his cousins new appearance and Miss Lethe lowly cursing his actions, Izzy hadn't changed just because the location had. Despite the scene before him, Makai remained mildly impressed.

Without disturbing the two and their argument, Makai took a seat across from the pair. Iced blue eyes took in both of them, flicking back and forth as they continued on. The teenage half-Galan was certain they were more than just friends. Who argued that much if feelings weren't involved? He and [member="Myra Elspeth"] argued like crazy and any idiot could see he was head over heels for the young girl.

Ice water appeared before him as he glanced down at the menu for a moment. Finally he cleared his throat and offered a bright smile, as if he hadn't heard anything that just went on.

"Miss Lethe, Izzy. Great we're all back together again."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
giphy.gif
Somethin, something Vacation? He lifted a finger as if asking Mags to wait.

Gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp.

He shook the bottle a few times but to no avail. The bottle, the best thing about tonight, was empty and now he had to deal with both his little cousin and Mags with swimming eyes.

"Ayo, Makky! Welcome to the table! Its been...hours! Since we last saw you. You're lookin' [pretty good, did you pick out those straps? Very humble, I like it!" His voice was maaaaybe one octave too high for a dinner table, but not much louder than he normally was. But he passed his test.

Isaiah Dashiell would survive what proved to be a dreadfully boring dinner with his cousin.

[member="Makai Dashiell"] [member="Magdalena Lethe"]

If you didn't think Magdalena Lethe's eyes could not get any wider, you were wrong.

A scoffing breath of disbelief at Izzy's behavior as he not only continued to chug the bottle of liquor, but held off her chiding with a raised finger. He did not just do that.

He did.

Magda glanced around briefly, cheeks flushed with repressed rage and only growing redder as Makai sat down and Izzy began blathering at his cousin. Loudly. In a 5-star restaurant. You can dress the wolf up but you can't, apparently, take him anywhere.

She sat in stewing silence, embarassment having reached levels she did not think possible. Not even her own brother had managed to do this and that made it a feat unto its own. It caught her so off-guard that she did not even know what to do about it, and the worst part was that they had just sat down.

Brow knit, jaw tight, she did the only thing she could manage - pressed on as if it hadn't happened. Except she wasn't as good at it as her sister and it was, very clearly, visibly bothering her.

"You can call me Magda, if you like. No sense in posturing, am I right?" she pulled the silverware from the rolled napkin, setting them aside with a clatter and snapping the cloth before pressing it over her lap, "I, for one, would prefer amiable relations and I find dropping the prefixes helps tremendously."

[member="Makai Dashiell"]
[member="Isaiah Dashiell"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom