Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out With The Old, In With The New.

9vmIWAG.png
From the Raider Class Assault Cruiser in low orbit overhead of Deneba, two Troop Dropships descended upon Mount Meru enroute for the Desert Enclave of the Jedi Order. It had been a good few years since Veiere Arenais had last been seen about this land, he of whom had originally re-established a sect of the Jedi Order here had now come to remove it from the face of the world. Accompanying him were a small number of Rogue Jedi, those whom had been convinced to join him in the affair for whatever their personal reasons were in wishing to strike back against the Jedi Order; Veiere did not care as long as he could right the mistakes of his past and take with him those whom were good to him before.

He had not become unreasonable in his days of recent isolation, his descent to the Dark Side of the Force had not removed him of his ideals yet he had seen the need to put away his personal restraints in order to better serve the Galaxy. In his eyes, there were good reliable people here within the Order, an Order of which he had been so blindly misguided in trying to empower, teaching his students to protect peace when the Galaxy held none of it. He had taught them to avoid conflict, where conflict in the Galaxy had become unavoidable and while his bias had grown, so had his guilt for misleading them. It was a grave mistake that he would remove by force if needs be, for the Jedi had become a deterrent to his new goals for the future and those whom would not join him, were best ensured that no recompense could come of this day, ahead.

Among those rogue Force Users that had agreed to strike at the Deneba Enclave and pillage the establishment for any valuable artifacts, were a squadron of Stormtroopers, one to each of the two dropships that neared the planets surface. Armed with standard issue E-11 Blaster Rifles, Stun Batons and Flash Bang Grenades, they had been offered to Veiere for which he might come away from this ordeal ever stronger for it. The looming darkness and a sense of impending threat would be felt by all trained Knights and Masters whom remained within the Enclave, uncertain as to how many had chosen to reside within the Enclave where the rest of the Order had departed for Mon Calamari the day that the Systems Alliance had taken charge over the world of Deneba, Veiere knew that he would not be facing the entire Order and quietly hoped that those he would be forced to kill would not hold faces familiar to him.

Landing out in the open out front of the Jedi Enclave, the two Dropship's settled and their boarding ramps lowered. First to leave the forward transport, Veiere Arenais moving down onto the barren soil, his The Dark Jedi Robes contrasting with the world around him tremendously. Upon his hips, one two either side were his Lightsabers and sheathed across his waist at his back was The Kingsglaive which he himself had also fashioned to represent his former authority and position of power.

At his back followed the five Rogue Force Users while the second Squadron of StormTroopers sought to establish and secure the perimeter of the Jedi Enclave while the first moved to flank Veiere and his entourage on either side, seeking to protect him from possible ambush, though he would sense such a thing long before his troops would. Beginning their rise towards the great entrance of the Jedi Establishment, Veiere reached out with his feelings to search the buildings interior, seeking any signs of life in his search for new members to join his Dark Jedi Order.

• Wearing: Regalia and Royal Cape
  • Posting with permission from [member="Veiere Arenais"]

This was simply too... easy. There was almost no joy in infiltrating this little mission, to see how things would come about. There was no challenge in infiltrating dark Jedi, they were all blinded by their newfound direction, self proclaimed moral superiority. Granted, to an extent, she agreed with them, though they were still clouded in their perceptions even still. Each step was a step towards enlightenment, and that she could appreciate for what it was. Still, she wished to see if these steps would continue, if this Arenais would continue to persevere and grow, or succumb to the very failings that claimed so many Sith from fully grasping their code... or if his path would be cut alongside others and fall into obscurity.

And, of course, to ensure that regardless the Jedi would survive, even by a single member, to continue infecting the galaxy, provide conflict against which to grow. And continue to entertain her ceaseless, endless life. Wouldn't want it to get boring.

Speaking of remaining free of boredom, how better to successfully infiltrate dark jedi, than to walk up alongside their 'order's' leader, donned in elegant purple regalia, with her majestic cape clasped together and resting over her shoulders. Obbligato, her sith blade, strapped to her hip, and her lightsaber opposite that, were the only weapons she brought with, save her strength seeped in the darkside. Granted, her power was deceptive, though still growing to her former glory she had relearned the ability to 'shrink' her aura to a more appropriate level, making her presence seem as casual as ever next to Veiere. Unless you knew better, and it was hard to tell since she used a pseudonym and kept off cameras, she would seem like a dark jedi padawan, rather than an ancient sith lord.

She turned her silver haired head to the 'older' man, smiling gently as she spoke. "When we enter the sanctuary, we are to be let loose, are we not... Master?" Amelia, that was the name she'd chosen to give. And few knew her enough to see through the name, the innocent smile, the shrunk aura... alright it was fun to deceive a 'Master'.

The sound of a scuffing boot echoed throughout the dusty, ancient chamber. Cassius Droma knelt down next to a fallen pillar and placed his hand over it, feeling the etched stonework. Deneba – it was a place he briefly called home. He’d be lying if he said it wasn’t strange coming back here. This was for official business though. At least, that was what he told himself. There were some older parts of the enclave that he hadn’t been able to explore and collect artifacts from before he left for the Silver Jedi Order, so he’d come back in his off time.

As his senses were being poured into the area around him, the skin on the back of his neck began to stand. His chested tightened ever so slightly – the air around him seemed to become heavier. Gazing through a small opening where sunlight had been pouring through, he noticed two dropships pass by, presumably heading towards the enclave. There was something about this presence that seemed familiar… yet had a darkness to it. Where had he felt this before?

“You’ve got ships heading for the enclave,” T-4D4 sounded over their comm, his voice laced with worry despite being mechanical. He was on Cassius’s personal starship, the Stardust Melody, which was docked not too far away. “No obvious markings. I can’t tell who they are.”

Cassius brought his comm to his lips.

“I know who it is.”

From the dark entrance to the enclave, Cassius’s form emerged, his light, desert-ready robes flowing slightly in the breeze. His eyes squinted not just from the sunlight, but from trying to see the approaching group. It was a large crowd – five darkly-clad men and women, flanked by contrastingly white stormtroopers, all marching up towards him. The Force users all emanated their own varying degrees of dark presences, but the one in the middle…

“Veiere,” he called out, his gaze hardened on the man who once was apparently the pinnacle of what a Jedi was supposed to be. He had no idea what this was about, but he of course thought the worst.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ariealla Vareldi"]

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
It had been a while since Tin'tinag had been to the enclave usually not having to bother coming back here due to modern technology and all, most her mission and other briefings coming over the holo-net or other means, but she decided it was time for her to visit once in a while, make them know she was still alive and all.

At the moment the Twi'lek Jedi was attending to her ship in the Enclaves docking bay, fixing up some minor dents and bangs from her last run, other Jedi going about their business here and there, herself humming a small tune while working on the small freighter. It was nice peaceful, a relaxing aura that welcomed all, Tin'tinag being a bit more relaxed these day as any worry about her dark past of being a Ren was pushed away, some even looking to the Twi'lek as inspiration that one could always return from the dark.

"He not really like I was much of a dark sider myself.... dark, wait something feels off", looking up from her ship she too spotted several ship approaching the enclave, landing several troops donned in white lead by a small group of people marching towards the main entrance. "Wait what on Ryloth are they... Sith? No can't be wait... is that [member="Veiere Arenais"] leading them"? She asked rhetorically unsure of what was going on, being away a lot most of the stuff going down in the core worlds escaped her notice, but this, when did this happen? why? how?

A small sense of panic overwhelmed her, memories of when the Ren came after her resurfacing, "no no, calm down, fear is what they want you to think... but what to do, what to do"? Turing around she glance to see if any of the other Jedi had a plan, but alas many where to shocked to think straight, "fine forget it *opens up com link* [member="Cassius Droma"], whats going on, what have I missed the last few months".

[member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Ariealla Vareldi"]

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"]
Deneba
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
Kei felt uncomfortable.

His thin frame was crouched in what used to be his living space. He was looking through a box, one of the few that he hadn't taken when The Jedi Order had relocated and burned, died out. Kei had never actually returned to the temple, never collected anything that belonged to him. It had all remained in what used to be his quarters, collecting dust and waiting for someone, anyone to recuse it and collect it.

The Jedi Order had been an attempt to return the Jedi to what they once were. It was an attempt to return the Jedi to the peaceful protectors they once were instead of the warriors they had become. It had, at least for some time worked. It had worked until it had fallen, until Kei and many others were forced to admit that they needed to fight in order to repel the Sith warriors from the galaxy.

The cane Kei was using was resting in the corner. His strength was returning slowly, the torture he had recieved and been a victim of had left him broken. He hated to admit that it had also left him broken mentally, it had changed him. Whatever had ignited in him had been put out during the torture he had recieved, whatever had driven him to the Jedi was gone. He found himself wanting to learn how to master the force as a whole, light and dark.

The presence he felt wasn't one he was expecting.

His comlink beeped at much the same time. The bridge crew of The Nightshadow would have been on watch, it was clear that they had seen something. A ship had appeared in orbit, laucnhing two dropships down towards the planet. The ship had then remained in orbit, not raising it's weapons but keeping close to The Nightshadow. Kei thanked the bridge crew, gripping his cane from the corner, leaning on it as he walked from the room.

[member="Cassius Droma"] was already in the lobby. He had returned on offical Silver Jedi business, accidently choosing the same time that Kei had opted to return to collect his gear. Kei leant on the cane, pain still shooting uo his side periodically. He couldn't step down however, he couldn't run and hide. He knew the presence that was incoming, he knew exactly who it was, he knew exactly what was going on.

"Veiere Arenias. The model Jedi. Fallen to the darkside, it almost seems poetic"

Kei watched as Veiere lead his Dark Jedi and his stormtroopers up into the temple foyer. The Jedi Knight had his lightsaber at his side but he refused to draw it. He refused to pull his weapon against a friend, a teacher and mentor. He refused to pull his lightsaber against a man he trusted, the King of Commenor and the husband of one of his close friends. He refused to draw his lightsaber against a brother.

He leant on his cane, and watched.

For whatever high ground his former associates of the Jedi Order believed of Veiere Arenais, he had often spoken of disregarding his positions of rank in the fact of treating one another upon the same level of status, to walk together in life as opposed to standing above someone and looking down over them. To a degree, Veiere still believed this, though now excluded those who would remain ignorant and stand against him in his pursuit for retribution and a stronger revelation of peace through the eradication of peoples ill-tempered and antagonistic of integrity. There would come to be a certain contradiction in his path, his doing whatever foul deed was required in order to wipe the slate clean and create a new path for the Galaxy, one built upon providence and good will for those within his vision. To become a martyr of the judgement he would receive from those self righteous wardens of the supposed "Light Side"; one half of the Force that the Jedi of today chose to revere while seeking to destroy the darkness, none the wiser to the fact that one cannot exist without the other...

Coming to stand before his former students of the Enclave would be the first and arguably the greatest personal challenge to his will to move forward. [member="Kei Raxis"], [member="Tin'tinag"] and [member="Cassius Droma"] were all previous members to the Enclave of Deneba at one stage over the recent years and as their former Grandmaster, Veiere would be lying to himself now had he the gall to deny the fact that he had cared for them, sought to teach and guide them once. In the coming awareness of their presence within the temple, a shadow of doubt crept up within him, recognized in that it would be a challenge that he would need to rise up against if he had ever planned to come into the power to lead others, those around him would not be allowed to see his weakness.

At his side, the Sith rogue [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] had been one of the few to accompany him there, she of whom seemed all too eager to spill the blood of the Jedi. "Cut down all those that refuse to stand down...-Those who surrender will be offered a place at my side. Should they decline, you may have your fun, Amelia" Veiere spoke rather coldly, his words almost forced to sound harsher than was his typical demeanor for the fight against his former self that seemed to be being waged within him. By the end of the day, the last of the light within the former Jedi would be extinguished along with the Enclave he had established in honor of the traditional Jedi Order he had once served.

Shortly thereafter, Veiere moved to climb the steps leading towards the Enclave's greater hall of entry, the vast lobby that opened up to the rest of the nomadic temple, his former brethren awaiting his arrival all having sensed him as easily as he had them. The The Kingsglaive of Commenor against his hip as well as the Ring upon his finger both amplifying his presence within the force and leaving nothing to the imagination, his arrival and entrance to the world of Deneba would have been clearly felt by all whom had been trained in the Practice of the Force.

"Cassius....Kei..." Veiere's voice rose out to call upon them from the distance that seperated his group and the two remaining Jedi. Tin'tinag for the time had remained out of sight though her calling through Cassius' commlink suggested there might be others nearby, despite not being close enough to hear the communication, Such devices were often short range unless transmissions were being boosted through Starfighters and the like; "The Jedi here are finished...-Do not throw your lives away for the ashes of a fallen kingdom. Forgive me for leading you both down this path of failure and disillusion. I have come to offer you a chance to make a real difference in the Galaxy, yet upon my leave I will leave nothing standing in my wake...-My frends".

I was not going to like this.

The snap hiss of a lightsaber was very clearly aimed at the sight of a man who had once been a friend. An ally.

Ever since his leave of the enclave, I had been asked by Lady Kay to oversee the enclave in secret. I had already taught Jedi once before, and fought them. However, it was this time, I had to do both at the same moment. The lightsaber was not to be tested by anyone who thought they could easily get away from it. Looking through the disheveled hair, my mask covered a large portion of my face as I looked directly at the fallen Jedi.

"You are so eager for blood that you would slaughter the past?"

The thought that Veiere would return came across my mind a few times. One I hoped that he could come back and take the reins once more. However, this time, it was not for the reason I had hoped. He had discovered something, learned something that completely changed his mind. A man who had attempted to help me deviate from the dark side. As did his wife. Now, he stood before me, darker, and prepared to slaughter his students. The disdain and the anticipation was very clear. If he was going to draw upon that, then I will not hold back from my ally.

I consumed every ounce of emotion he let out. I slurped up the anger from the sith, the fear and anger of the students, and could instantly start to feel my body shake. The power was coursing through me, and Veiere would know this. He knew how I fought. He knew how powerful I was.

"I'd hate to break this to you, but these Jedi will not be touched. Take another step, either of you, then prepare to fight for every one you take."

Looking behind me, I was unsure if the Jedi really wanted to join in on this or not. Let alone attempt to fight their master at the current time. So, I gave them this chance.

"Fight here, or aid others in the escape. Your choice."

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Kei Raxis"], [member="Tin'tinag"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Ariealla Vareldi"],

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
The perimeter had been established, the Jedi Enclave surrounded by the second Stormtrooper squadron. The soldiers were under orders to ensure no ambushes or flanking maneuvers were taken by the residents of the settlement. Walking amid the troopers, a young man was watching buildings closely, his boots kicking up dust with every step. Unlike some of the other Dark Jedi, Dacian wore a simple long-sleeved shirt, pants, boots and a pair of forearm wraps. His leather training harness, strapped across his chest and back, completed his attire. Given his past as a member of the Sith, the youth wasn't overly fond of wearing the dark robes, which reminded him far too much of his tormentors. Still, perhaps in time, when he had reached a more balanced state of life, he would consider it...

"Eyes open," Dacian muttered, his strides taking him back around to where Master Arenais was confronting several individuals. "Watch the smaller buildings, don't let anyone get the drop on you."

Several Stormtroopers offered confirmations, standing ready with their blaster rifles at the ready. The squadron knew their job, and in truth Dacian only gave them orders to put some of his own mind at ease; he didn't like the situation, but he understood that his master needed to do this. Closure, perhaps. Or a way of trying one last time to persuade those he trusted to take the next journey at his side. It didn't matter, as far as Dacian was concerned, he was present to help assist his master in his mission, and not to ask questions.

With a seemingly perpetual frown of worry on his face, Dacian rejoined the smaller group of arrivals to the Enclave. The Jedi outnumbered them, and judging by some of the Force presence in the area, those gathered weren't insignificant or low rank. That didn't help to calm the sense of unease, of course, as the youth came to a stop beside Master Arenais. Just behind the older man, to his right, within arms reach. Narrowing his brown eyes, Dacian looked at the assembly, mentally trying to assess each in turn, determining who he might be pitted against should the worst occur, and a fight should begin.

I might be at a disadvantage here, Dacian thought, giving a tsk, as he considered his current predicament concerning his use of the Force - or more accurately, the Dark Side. I'll have to rely on what little I've learned so far... for whatever that's worth.

Glancing to his left, Dacian gave the mysterious pale woman - Amelia, if he recalled - a once over. The young man didn't know what to make of her. She didn't have much Force presence, but she clearly had confidence. Either she really overestimated her abilities, or there was something else to her. Not that it mattered, really, so long as Amelia could do her job and do it well...

"Perimeter set, Master." Dacian said lowly.

Returning his gaze to the Jedi assembled, the young man instinctively shifted his hand toward his lightsaber; not a sudden movement, of course, so as to avoid putting anyone over the edge of taking action, but certainly preparing for the worst. The Jedi with the long dark hair had finished his ultimatum moments before, meaning the decision on how to proceed came down to the bearded Dark Jedi Master...

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Kei Raxis"], [member="Tin'tinag"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Ariealla Vareldi"], [member="Atheus Voidwalker"]

Tin’tinag’s voice rang from his comm, and Cassius quickly snatched it from his belt. “I don’t know,” he answered curtly. “Try and gather as many as you can and evacuate the enclave. This isn’t going to end well.” Turning off the device, he put it back in the pouch on his belt. He was already facing down the barrel of five Dark Side users and a squadron of stormtroopers. The less distractions, the better.

He wasn’t completely alone, however. Kei Raxis and Atheus Voidwalker came to stand next to him, as was expected. The latter had ignited his lightsaber and made his vocal stand, with a bravado that Cassius couldn’t be sure was justified for not. Either way, when the long-haired man looked back at him to give him a choice in whether or not to leave or stay, Cassius didn’t move. While he knew that he probably wouldn’t be able to win this fight, there were still a few things he needed to figure out first.

Hearing Veiere speak to his subordinates in a way that indicated he was prepared to slaughter any who stood in his way was disturbing, to say the least. As he addressed the Jedi, Cassius had a hard time believing that this was supposedly the King of Commenor, half of the leadership of a peaceful faction. Perhaps he had abdicated the throne – or maybe the CSA had more blemishes than it cared to admit.

Idly, he looked over the crowd that surrounded the new Dark Jedi. The other Dark Jedi would certainly be a problem, but if it came down to a fight, Cassius would probably consider taking out the stormtroopers first, as they might prove to be more of an issue than anyone else realized. Other than that, there were maybe one or two of the Dark Jedi Cassius felt he could tussle with and still live. Only time would tell.

There were so many things Cassius wanted to say, so many questions he wanted to ask. As his gaze fell back to Veiere, however, he only asked one:

“Why?”

[member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] | [member="Kei Raxis"] | [member=”Tin’tinag”] | [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] | [member="Dacian Jeth"]

"Our mistake here was looking to the Past and neglecting the prospective future" Veiere's eyes were upon [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] initially, he whom had been Veiere's best man the day of his wedding to [member="Lady Kay"]. "Kay and I offered you a position of guardianship over this Enclave for which my absence was to be expected. I am releasing you from that contract Atheus, this fight is not yours to own". The Dark Master's gaze left his brother whom stood opposing him and turned to acknowledge his Apprentice returning to join him by his side. [member="Dacian Jeth"] was proving himself and his courage for all that stood before them now, Veiere knew that his experienced was limited compared to many of those between them and the rest of the Enclave, yet the boy was ready to fight by his side none the less. The tension, the animosity and the sadness that the group of them were each feeling, all such emotion to cloud the area beyond their sight, yet fueling the power of the Darkside of the Force and Veiere able to sense the change in the air around them. Atheus himself was a practitioner of darkness, beyond the others, he would understand that succumbing to it's call did not rid one of the mind and reason to which they live. The lose of restraint and entrance into what could be considered psychotic, was an effect of the Darkside that was known to come with an extensive number of years surrounded and being consumed by inner conflict and turmoil of the heart and the mind.

[member="Cassius Droma"] soon posed Veiere the question he had expected to hear ever since his resignation from the Systems Alliance. 'Why was he doing this? How could he turn on all that he had cared about?'. He had taken the time within the isolation of his quarters to consider the responses he might give, often thinking out long speeches explaining his decision to turn his back upon the Jedi. When posed with the question aloud however, his thoughts did not come quite so quickly nor clearly; the sounds of betrayal and confusion clear upon the younger man's tongue. "Most of the Order that was here departed for Mon Calamari or moved to unite with the Silver Jedi..." Veiere acknowledged their former peers, suggesting that he had expected to find fewer here than was original of the Enclave's revitalization.

"I've come to offer you all an alternative to complacency and inaction. Come with me. Throw down your petty fears of the Force and focus on the true need of the Galaxy around us. I plan to hunt down and kill those who plague and cast judgement upon the innocent. The Jedi Order of today is a joke, one that we once sought to mend together yet what were we faced with. Resentment and inconsideration for our want for standards to be uplifted. How much time and effort wasted trying to close the gap between the other organizations only to come to witness that arrogance and self-righteousness has plagued your Order and made it no better than the path that we here are taking" his right hand shifted to take hold of one of his hilts against his belt, his thumb working to detach it from the clip and lowering it to his side that the blade emitter might face down and away from him.

"Deneba is an example of my failure, of how blind we all were to believe that the Jedi are still worth fighting for. They're too far gone, Cassius...-Not only am I here to make an example of Deneba and show how far I'm willing to go; the galaxy will also, one day, cease to think about this land and forget about our foolish attempts to wake the dead. I will erase everything that we built here...-The choice is yours to decide whether you will stand with me, or fall alongside the others", a sharp snap of energy burst from the emitter of his hilt, hissing out into the air and crackling, oxygen popping against the plasma of the green blade; the same lightsaber that he had once held as a Jedi Master some time ago.

His apprentice had given him the signal, the other exits to the enclave would have been cut off, any whom remained and sought to flee would need to move through those enveloped within the Dark Side, as well as the First Squadron of Troops slowly spreading out to either side of them as Veiere begin to walk further towards the group of Jedi and his old friend. The time for discussion was over, they needed to make a decision least they be thrown into the violence with Veiere leading the way.

[member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] | [member="Kei Raxis"] | [member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] | [member="Dacian Jeth"]

Oh how cute.

Slightly twisting my neck from side to side to pop them rapidly as the troopers were surrounding various Jedi. However, the one who held aloft a purple lightsaber was looking mighty tasty. Oh to bite into him while he fed upon the powers of others would fill me for a very long time. However, I just had to sit here for now. Well, stand really. The troopers who surrounded these Jedi were quite pleased with themselves. Proud that they cornered Jedi. Too bad that most of the would die if any of the Jedi attacked. These troopers were nothing but fodder.

It didn't take much for me to look over to Veiere and want to feast upon him as well. However, I happened to be working with his little order of brooding Dark Jedi who wanted to go over the past and destroy it. Good for me because then the Jedi here I could feast upon.

Seems that the little Dark Jedi and Sith that were becoming the posse of this former king were very sure of their stance. Likely since they had a Master, various troopers, and myself on their side. For now that is. If anyone fell, no matter who it was, I would be eating my fill.

"I like how you guys are trying to talk this over when we know it's going to end with a fight and a few on the floor dead. Please, do continue while I watch my dinner play."

The audible sound of the licking of chops was heard through my skulked helmet.

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Dacian Jeth"], [member="Atheus Voidwalker"], [member="Kei Raxis"], [member="Tin'tinag"], [member="Ariealla Vareldi"],

[member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Mentyor"]
Deneba
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
Veiere Arenias had fallen.

He had been offered a chance to run, help the Jedi flee. He wasn't moving, no. He refused to run, he refused to let Veiere march on the place that The Jedi Order had once called home. Kei refused to let Veiere march on the place that he had called home. He leant against the cane, glaring towards The Dark Jedi that moved towards the temple, moved to make the attack and moved to wipe out The Jedi Order.

Veiere wasn't wrong. That was the worst bit. He was only speaking the truth, admitting the fault of the Jedi. They claimed to be the good guys, fighting for the good of the galaxy. In reality, they were no better than The Sith, no better than those who controlled the darkside. They were afraid of learning, they were afraid of the force and afraid of what they didn't understand. They were afraid to master the force.

Kei couldn't let Veiere commit a genocide however.

His cane fell to the floor, offering a little noise as it did. Within seconds it was replaced with the lightsaber that he had constructed when under the tutalage of his former mentor. It's yellow blade shot from the handle, the weapon glowing in the main foyer of the temple. He held the weapon at his side, eyes locked onto Veiere and the gang of Dark Jedi that had chosen to march on the temple.

"I won't just sit aside while you slaugher these men and women. I won't just sit aside while you kill everything YOU created. Everything YOU birthed. I won't sit aside while you slaughter everyone who trusted YOU. Not tonight, you WILL NOT take this temple"

He raised the weapon, eyes locked on the forces marching upon them.

In her sleep, the wayward hues of greys and purples enshrouded her dimly lit body. There was no real sense of where the light was coming from. In fact, there was no real here. None of the standard trappings of a place were present. Gone were floors, walls, furniture and things. It was just her and the randomness of color. Here was where she let her mind wander, at peace with the world and herself. Usually her vivid dreams were like fairy tales, both dark and light and always intense. Tonight apparently, she was meant to be relaxed, but when she was, the voices always found a way to her and so she struggled against the fascade of nothingness. In vain, she pushed at her subconscious to let her go, but it was not meant to be. Something, somewhere wanted her here, but why?

Before she could prepare herself beyond that question, a flash of the Force tore through the murk and into her with a power that made her cry out both in her dream and in reality. Expecting physical pain, she was caught off guard and surprised by the sudden Force Vision. The scenes were scattered throughout time and flashed by her almost too quickly to catch. It was breath taking and overwhelming but the one thing that stuck in her mind and the only thing from the very near future was the thought that rang loudly to her from the Force. Embrace the path or choose anew. Remaining is destruction.

More scenes flashed through her dream state getting faster with every passing moment. Growing too was a sense of danger and impending choice. Then as suddenly as they began, the ended, leaving her feeling bereft and weak. The voice whispered over and over. "He is coming. He is coming." Finally Kasca wrenched herself awake, falling to the floor in a heap of limbs and white blond hair in the dark of her cave room. "He is coming....." echoed through the small space, a shadow of the intensity of her vision but still insistent.

It took quite a few minutes for Kasca Fen to return her breathing back to some semblance of normal. Her mind worked swiftly to process what she had seen. She was alone, as she often was these days. The Jedi had left Deneba for the most part. Only a few remained and some visited from Kashyyyk from time to time. This suited the loner girl just fine. No one made demands on her time. No teenagers were around with their incessant dramas. She could work and study as she wished.

Finally standing up slowly, she turned on a light near her bed. It was dim, reminding her of her dream. The effect was not lost on her. If she was right, there was a decision to be made upon the arrival of someone and that was going to happen soon. Today... Something pushed her within herself. Not sure of what she was going to choose, she knew she could no longer remain on Deneba in her own bubble. Would she fully embrace the Jedi or would she choose whatever this new path was? Shaking her head, she began packing what little she owned into her duffle and dressed.

No good trying to meet her fate in a tank top and underwear. Seems anticlimactic and apathetic.

By the time [member="Veiere Arenais"] landed and exited his ship, Kasca was packed and on her way to her lab. Her grip on the grip on the Force reached out ahead of her so that by the time she had entered through the lab door, most of the datachips she needed were fitting themselves into the case she needed. She closed it and left what had been her home and walked back through the cave towards the entrance. Before getting there though, she could see and hear through amplified sound of caves, the voices that conflicted one another. The voice of the once great Grand Master rang out in opposition to three Jedi she knew of but not knew well. One ready to attack and one ready to defend. So... she listened.

Killing everyone who didn't join seemed like a waste of effort to her. And protecting a nearly empty cave and the few people left here seemed equally as stupid, but then again, Kasca often thought of other people as stupid. Some weren't here to save face or prove a point. She could practically taste death on the air. She wasn't scared of the stormtroopers or even most of the entourage present, but she did fear choosing wrong in this moment. Her vision sprang to mind from earlier causing her to shake her pale head. For now, stuck with indecision, she remained watching and partially hidden in the cave mouth.

Embrace the path or choose anew. Remaining is destruction.

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
Evacuate the people something she could do, if there was someone who could get out of a tight space it was Tin'tinag, "On it [member="Cassius Droma"], just make sure you don't die, I'd rather had no dead bodies on this clean floor". The attacking force was not large, hopefully easy to lose, more so with a few Jedi masters like [member="Kei Raxis"] and [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] to hold them back, though wanting to partaking in the fight group combat was not something the Twi'lek excelled in. "Everyone get ready to leave", she shouted into her com link, "Gather in the hanger bay and be on garud, though there are only a few Dark Jedi there are many storm troopers around". If she had to guess a predeterminer would have been set up by now, blocking the exits off, probably patrolled by a few storm troopers, they would need to move fast and silent, the strike, breaking through the defenses as fast as possible before fleeing.

With orders set out the Padawan moved to the entrance, coming in view of those present, more to see what was happening then participate in the fight, the minutes blades where drawn she'd be off, to fly the renaming Jedi out of her and to safety. What her ears bore witness to though was quite the speech from [member="Veiere Arenais"], one that seemed really hypocritical, "So let me get this straight Veiere, you want to bring order and destroy those like the Sith and causing problems, but you want to erase this order and what is stands for and are willing to kill everyone here if they do not join you"? "No can't let them leave on their own terms or go somewhere else, it's either join you or die, no other way, does that not seem ironic, that you contradict your own words"!!!?

She may have been splitting hairs, but the mans actions seemed very corrupted, why come here to destroy the order, what purpose did it serve? Such action would only bring negative views on him and this new order if the first thing they did was to massacre their old friends and destroy an otherwise seen as peaceful order tot he galaxy, but that was the dark side for you, it warped ones thinking and morals, something that almost happened to her when still a Ren. "You don't seem to be one force peace anymore Veiere, I can just see this order of your being used for I'll in the future, no good will come from this and you know it, you just trying to hide that behind a petty excuse and past failures, something that I have never let get to me, not that I would expect you to care anymore".

The Twi'lek kept her position on the entrance stares as the Jedi master and Dark side users stood eye to eye, the red robbed creepy one as the Sith looking woman just playing on her words more, why collaborate with such dastardly people if one truly sought peace? Whatever the case may be she had a job to do once things heated up, and unlike last time she would not betray her comrades for self preservation, or become a slave to darkness once more, as the grand master looked to be.

[member="Kasca Fen"] l [member="Kei Raxis"] l [member="Mentyor"] l [member="Dacian Jeth"] l [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] l [member="Ariealla Vareldi"]

Words, prattling on about the morality of this, the logic of this. The Sith wanted to vomit. Of course this was not an act of logic, this was [member="Veiere Arenais"] acting on his emotions, relieving a sense of burden. Surely they could understand that, and only were seeking to appease to his former sense of Jedi Morality. The problem, of course, was that this idea would only work later, after Veiere would come to see the futility of the path he had chosen after forsaking his former path, when he had the time to grow, and understand. [member="Tin'tinag"] didn't understand, [member="Cassius Droma"] wouldn't understand. But... they did not have to. [member="Kei Raxis"] understood for them.

Ariealla turned her head slowly, looking at the man named Raxis with a knowing smile on her lips. And, following that, slowly licked her lips in excited anticipation. She'd been running low on her wine's special ingredient, and her food stores were losing their most delectable meats. She would correct this soon, for as greatly as the woman held onto her noble nature, and her civility, the darkness inside hungered for only one thing.

"Enough, children." The words were low, and almost in time with them her hold on hiding her signature briefly faltered. For a short moment, Veiere, and [member="Atheus Voidwalker"], would become distinctly aware that 'Amelia' was far more than she let on, while the others such as [member="Kasca Fen"] or [member="Dacian Jeth"] (and the aforementioned others) would be briefly aware that something was wrong. The privilege of being a master... [member="Mentyor"] alone would only see no change, short of Ariealla's favorite trick of the Force as she stepped ahead of the group slowly.

Light itself was hers to bend, not the Force, but the very photons around her. Her form shimmered, and she gave a soft laugh as her form, clothes and all, became translucent, obscured, all but truly invisible. One would have to pay attention to notice the way light displaced around her, like water, and thus her form. Even without the force it was possible, if difficult, though this did not extent to sound. So, while her form disappeared, her footsteps clicked against the ground as she approached the defenders of the temple, and the air held a sharp, violent whistle to it as her sith blade was drawn. Made so long ago, with her sweet love songs of decay, and ruin, it held the unnatural 'singing' with every motion it made, and her invisible approach was no different.

Her intent was clear.

Someone was going to die.

And suddenly, with a sharp crescendo, her footsteps made a sudden, rhythmic approach. Her sith blade came up, and with great force she made a first, preemptive thrust at Kei Raxis, intending to strike the weaker opponent from her estimation, or at the least separate them. Their intentions made it clear they would not be swayed, after all.

This was reaching it's boiling point.

It was building up with the constant talking and jabber. While I had returned my attention to who I would consider the more viable threat in the room, it was one thing for him to stand there and proclaim that he made a mistake in creating this, it was an entire different matter for him to come back, and attempt to destroy it all. If this man really was going to try this, then I would be giving it my all. Honestly, I didn't care so much about the temple as it could be rebuilt after it was over. What I was worried was those who were attempting to flea. They would be locked in. And it was not looking good for us.

A man standing very tall in red and black spoke about eating his fill. I almost had the feeling of a shiver down my spine. I couldn't feel this being in the force. He was dead to me. He was void of it all. Meaning he was resistant to the force. My focus shifted to it. Suddenly wishing that I could relay this information to the others. Hopefully the found out soon as well. However, as the words from Kei's mouth died, the Sith began to shimmer then disipate into the force. I smiled and shook my head. She may think she was invisible, but I literally watched her as she walked in to attack.

You see, you can hide yourself mentally, spiritually, and physically, but you could never hide the epicenter of your emotions from me. Those who studied Force Empathy could locate the smallest of specks of emotion. Even in this room filled with them. My left hand lifted up and as the Sith was reaching closer to Kei, I waited just at the right moment...... There.

Light began to shape and bend in one area. quickly I acted. Creating a shimmering purple barrier around Kei. The fight had begun.

"Kei, Skull face is Force dead, Supplament each other. I'll keep an eye on the Sith. Take Veiere."

This woman was no mere apprentice. Something was off. Something was different. I knew what Veiere could do, I knew the Force Dead couldn't use the force, but this woman was an unknown. So the more powerful of the Jedi here, should face off against her. Seeing as I was also well adapted to the dark, any abilities she had that could darken them wouldn't work on me.

"You are too predictable Sith."

The distance was not very long. Very short infact. Since I had been moved to be within feet of Kei, She moved closer to me than where Veiere had been. Thus, closing this distance with force speed, amplified with Consuming all of the powerful emotions around me was superhuman in many ways. My lightsaber lashing out in an upper cut. After the followthrough, I yanked my elbow back to pull my weapon in front of me and changed course to let my left arm swing at her in a straight jab.

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Kei Raxis"], [member="Tin'tinag"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Ariealla Vareldi"], [member="Kasca Fen"], [member="Mentyor"],

Oh well me.

The man in long hair looked over to me with a confused look, then understanding. He found me out. I licked the roof of my mouth as he did so. He was telling them through the force now. He just had to be. He was prepared for my style of fighting then. This force user had seen plenty of war and battle in his time. Likely in places where he was otherwise out-gunned, and at a disadvantage, yet he lived. He would be trouble. However, it seemed his attention after the Sith began to fade into the light was her. He even watched her! Quite the man if this was happening. My right hand slowly moved behind the small of my back. Gripping what could only be described as a Cylinder.

Oh they would be surprised alright. It seemed that others were already preparing for what was ahead. So I did as well.

My left hand was easing down onto the VP-9. A very useful weapon for these lightsaber wielders. Maybe within this distance, I could get them one by one. As soon as this Sith appeared, I attacked.

Lurching forward, My left hand drew the pistol. Rearing its nasty barrel up to the Jedi still garbed in robes. Taking two pot shoots at him while within my right hand ignited a Crossguard lightsaber. Beefy and built for a being of my size, I lurched forward at the Twi'lek. Closing the distance with a speed that could rival cyborgs and force users.

"Stay still queen!"

Screaming out these words with such vile and anger. I would finally be released upon them. Swinging heavily down and attempting to cleave her in half from he left shoulder to her right hip. Should she not fight, this would be my first meal of many with this little crew.

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Dacian Jeth"], [member="Atheus Voidwalker"], [member="Kei Raxis"], [member="Tin'tinag"], [member="Ariealla Vareldi"], [member="Kasca Fen"],

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
The conversation didn't seem to be going well. Dacian felt he understood what Master Arenais was saying, about how there needed to be a middle path, about how the ideologies of both light and dark were hypocritical and misleading. But the others, they didn't seem interested in listening. Or at least they didn't seem to show any real indication that they were chewing on the words spoken. Of course, the young Padawan was a little taken aback by the definitive actions of his master, basically saying join him or die, and it caused Dacian to worry over whether he had traded one dark master for another... and if that was the case, how would his path skew under a similarly dark direction?

No, this is okay, Dacian thought to himself, even as he watched the two sides begin to face off. Lines were drawn, opponents were being felt out and paired up, almost subconsciously. This is the first time expressing this new direction. Explaining a whole ideology is tough, especially when you're in a tense stand off situation... I'm sure with some more discussion, we'll find a way to--

And then, with little warning, Amelia decided to act. Dacian watched, brow furrowed, as she spoke and then disappeared from view. There was a single moment that the young Padawan sensed, a brief second of a powerful presence, but it ended almost as quickly as it had been there. Given the power being brought to bear, Dacian didn't need to be a master of the Force to know it was from Amelia. The fight was begun, and the Dark Jedi made the first moves, with one of the opposing members throwing out a defense that was impressive. A sudden rush of bright red to his right, Dacian watched as the hulking form of Mentyor joined the fray, setting it's sights on the Twi'lek...

"Sithspit," Dacian cursed under his breath, activating his lightsaber, the green blade humming to life as he looked across at the enemy. "This isn't going to go well. I'm going to die."

Knowing his place, and what was expected of him, having served several masters throughout his young life, Dacian remained at Master Arenais' side. A Padawan was a support, another layer of offense or defense, that didn't leave openings for his mentor to be attacked or flanked. No, Dacian would remain by Arenais' side, doing what he could to assist with ensuring his master's survival and victory in the fight. Perhaps the young man would be struck down by some of the clearly more experienced and stronger Jedi; or perhaps he would survive by simply being close enough to Master Arenais, and by extension, being within his sphere of combat prowess... which, Dacian hoped, was supremely good.

Here we go... survive another day, that's all you need to do.

Gritting his teeth, Dacian lowered into a Form V combat stance and twisted his back boot to gain purchase on the ground. Depending on his master's actions, the young Padawan had to be ready to launch forward at a moments notice, to be a prolongation of his master's combat capabilities, and to ensure no one came close to touching Arenais' back...

[member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Kei Raxis"], [member="Tin'tinag"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Ariealla Vareldi"], [member="Atheus Voidwalker"], [member="Mentyor"], [member="Kasca Fen"]

Darkness surrounded him, the Force enveloping him within a cloak of presence in retaliation to his rising adrenaline. Where the light would have answered him, he took in only the fuel to fan the flames of his emotions, removing himself of restraint and petty sentiment, resigning what reluctance might had remained out of consideration for his former friends and some even students that he had mentored along the way; the cessation of words and the first sign of action however demanded his utmost confidence to pursue the cause. It mattered not that the others lacked the understanding and the knowledge that he felt he had come into, ignorance was a wall that needed to be broken through and devastated for the path ahead of them to remain clear.

[member="Ariealla Vareldi"] was not known to Veiere, nor was he so foolishly inclined to trust her without proof of her intentions and loyalties. The Dark side of the Force was immensely strong within the woman, though there seemed a great deal of reluctance on her end to reveal it. Her wish to remain discrete and not draw attention to herself within their company mattered not however, she was a means to an end as much so as the stormtroopers there that complimented their presence yet would be less than worth their salt or stone when met face to face with one of these Jedi. He knew every one last one of the Jedi whom stood before him. Had come to get to know them while sharing the enclave and facilities within for months at a time training and exploring the path of the Order. Among them, [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] was his primary concern, not because the others weren't formidable yet because he allowed himself to be enveloped within the dark side of the force just as Veiere had come to do. He would have far less restraint in striking down his opposition than those of the light.

[member="Dacian Jeth"] caught his attention beside him, his newly discovered Apprentice not cutting himself loose and taking to the fight as free-form as their peers; Veiere couldn't help but admire and respect the young man's loyalty though his priorities were slightly off, despite whatever he had been trained to do in such a position previously. "Dacian, your first concern is your survival, not my own. I can defend myself" he spoke quietly between the pair while the two Jedi that had not yet been thrust into the battle awaited them still. "Watch your opponent, pace yourself and learn from their movements. Capitalize on their mistakes and guard your own...-These Jedi are well trained but they have too much restraint and will forever hold themselves back when it all counts the most. Keep your mind sharp and when the moment is right, strike, to kill" he offered a nod of encouragement to his young student before turning back to focus upon the two ahead. Both [member="Kei Raxis"] and [member="Cassius Droma"] remained and it seemed they would be paired together. Both were fairly matched in their training, though differing in their various area's of expertise, Veiere knew they would both prove a challenge for Dacian and thus knew he'd best deal with one of them as quickly as possible so that he might provide back up for his apprentice should he require it.

From his left, Veiere pulled the additional hilt, connected at the end by a coupling interlink to which he would place against the backside of his lightsaber already ignited, his eyes upon Kei Raxis and his mind searching the man. Curiously, he felt a certain vulnerability to the Jedi, be it doubt or insecurity he would look to test the theory, only soon producing a double bladed hilt, one side still ablaze while both of his hilts were firmly set into place and he could take the weapon into a two handed grip holding it high up at his side and positioning himself in the stance fit for one practicing Djem So, a strong and aggressive form that Kei would recognize.

"You do not seem entirely sure of yourself Kei..." Veiere called across the small distance that seperated the pair of lightsiders from they two enveloped within darkness, "Should you come to find a desire to pursue a true cause of service to the Galaxy before I am forced to bring your life to a swift end, be sure to attest to my generosity..." he spoke with almost a sarcastic edge, everything set into stone and all the pieces in place, this fight was unavoidable now and just as he had hoped, there were some among them that seemed shaken by his appearance there today.

Against the typical practice of the form he had openly taken the stance of, his left hand reached out from the dual bladed hilt to extend towards the two lightsiders, Kei and Cassius both, drawing upon the strength of the Dark Side to pull the both of them with immense power and influence towards he and his apprentice both. Were they caught unprepared, they would surely be carried within striking distance and were their guards not high, they would find themselves within immediate danger as Veiere brought the blade of his weapon arcing out in-front of Dacian and him both, the reach extended as his right hand slid near to the edge of the second hilt to allow the weapon it's maximum distance hoping to cut the pair of them in two.

[member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] | [member="Kei Raxis"] | [member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] | [member="Dacian Jeth"]

Veiere tried to make his speech, tried to justify his actions. How many times had Cassius heard the same line of logic from the various historical texts he studied? Calling the Jedi blind cowards, claiming that the only way to bring the galaxy true peace was to destroy them all, to embrace the darkness that apparently lived in all of their hearts. He didn’t believe that for a moment. Where was free will, or choice? He would rather die on his feet than live on his knees, as the old saying went.

The former Jedi Master drew and ignited his weapon, and Cassius retrieved his lightsaber from his belt, still not activating the blade just yet. Let your opponent make the first move – chances were, they would make the first mistake as well. Kei drew his saber, and just in time. One of the Dark Jedi, a woman, lunged for him, her blade cutting through the air like a laser cannon blast. Cassius ignited his green blade at this point, bringing it up close to his face in a typical ox guard.

The attack was blocked by Atheus, and pairs seemed to be made. Everyone was picking an opponent. His green eyes darted to the younger man that was by Veiere’s side. He looked inexperienced… Cassius wondered if he could win against him.

Just then, he felt himself yanked off of the ground, as if a great rope had been tied around his waist and was pulled with the strength of ten men. While at first Cassius was bent forward at the waist, he quickly recovered in the air and his boots skidded against the ground as he tried to find his balance again. The blade of Veiere hummed towards him, and Cassius didn’t try to meet might with might. Instead, he dipped his torso low, swinging his head around so that the motion was fluid. He could feel the heat of the blade on his back as he made his move.

Snapping back up to full height, the young Jedi figured that now would be a good time for a quick counter attack to test their defenses. He made a diagonal slash towards the two, trying to see which one would block it. If left unchecked, it had the capacity to hit the younger one’s shoulder and also head towards Veiere’s arm. The green lightsaber was still in its default non-lethal mode, acting more like a heated jo staff than an actual blade of plasma that could cut through nearly anything. Hopefully, the group would loosen up a little bit, as this many lightsabers in such close quarters never ended well for anyone.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ariealla Vareldi"] | [member="Kei Raxis"] | [member=”Tin'tinag”] | [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] | [member="Dacian Jeth"] | [member="Mentyor"] | [member="Kasca Fen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom