Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Shield

gabriel-yeganyan-ilum-canyon-7-copy.jpg

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Valery stopped at the questions and let out a soft sigh, "I'm not sure if it's all in my head, but ever since we've been looking into the growing Sith problem, I've felt less at ease here on Ilum, and I believe this trench might be the source." The way it had once been the source of all of their issues too.

"I doubt we'll run into looters or Imperials, but what if the Sith have infiltrators here? Or if someone else is out here, trying to tap into Alliance fleet movements. Or what if they're trying to figure out what the Jedi are up to?" She frowned and looked between her husband and Jonyna.

"That's what I'm really looking out for."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It wouldn't be a bad place to try that, no. With so much space already carved out, there's no telling who could be hiding away." It was smart. His kind of smart. He didn't like it. Kahlil let out a sigh as he glanced towards the other two, rubbing at the back of his neck. It'd be hard, if not impossible, to check everything.

"I'm not even sure where to start here. Especially if they set up so they can move."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Only one way to find out." Jonyna looked a bit more concerned now. Between what tales Giran had told her back in the day, and what Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had shown her just earlier in the day, Jonyna's perception of the Sith had shifted. Before, she figured they were just another extension of the force. Another way of looking at the tiger.

Now, they were the enemy. Dark corruptors who twisted nature to their whim. She swore that she'd also stand against evil, and this was certainly being painted as such. Now she finally wanted to be on the front lines.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I can make them move out of their tunnels, if they're there," Valery said as she looked between the two. "But it'll be demanding, so I'm going to need you both to cover me." Her plan involved a little bit of destruction, which Kahlil would certainly pick up on through their bond. But by making the tunnels unstable, she was certain that anybody hiding inside of them would be forced to come out.

Going deeper meant being trapped forever, after all.

"Keep in mind, our senses here aren't as strong, so we'll have to stay really sharp. If you two are ready and will let me, I'll bring them into the trench."

"I can help with that." Jonyna smiled, lifting a hand and offering a small bit of flame. "They didn't call me the Firestarter for nothing."

With her force senses dulled, Jonyna relied on her ears and the feeling of the wind on her fur. It was something she'd trained back in the day, using your seldom used senses to extend your range beyond your eyes without resorting to the force. While it wasn't precognition, it did give her the leg up over your normal human.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"
There is a lot more than snow and ice here," Valery told Jonyna with a chuckle. "I'll need you and Kahlil to focus on what comes out of those tunnels." Valery then stepped forward, and sat down in the snow to focus. The walls around her were made of stone, reinforced by metal and every bit of equipment was made of durable materials as well.

But everything had its weaknesses, and Valery knew how to find and exploit them. With her eyes closed, she turned her vision into the Force to trace the shatterpoints of everything around her, and through her own strength, they began to crumble.

Pieces of machinery, the ground and walls - all of it split apart in a controlled way, causing the the trench to tremble. The Jedi were safe, however, but those hiding inside the tunnels were not, and once they rushed out to safety, they could finally be felt in the Force. Most carried the hatred of a true Sith soldier, but their presences were weak. One or two, however, were much darker and stronger in the Force.

Kahlil_Div2.png

There were more than he thought here. Much much more. He frowned, lifting his hands as he sensed the sudden turmoil as Sith did flood out. Soldiers, even some Sith. He grimaced. They'd already made their move, then.

So he didn't hesitate. Kahlil raised a hand as he pulled on the Force. Then, lowered it. The Force reacted in an instant, abiding and helping him with his goal. Weight. Gravity. All at once the chasm was filled with an intense gravity. As hateful as they were, they weren't the type who could resist. They fell flat, pinned under the invisible weight, struggling as he kept them immobile. "This isn't good you know. They shouldn't be here in this number."

Jonyna watched in slight awe as the two Nobles got to work. So this is what a Jedi Master was capable of. In that moment, Jonyna knew what she wanted to achieve going forward. She wanted that.

For now though, she was quick to rush ahead, striking down anyone that was immediate vicinity trying to escape. Now was a great time to get in some muscle memory in with her new sword. Better to double tap anyone here, she figured. She did pause, just before she was about to impale a pinned soldier.
"...are we taking prisoners by chance?"

Her morals couldn't help but ring in her mind, the crystal in her saber practically forced her to. "Maybe if we got someone to interrogate, you could have some info on how they got here under your nose...and what they're planning."

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

This was the first time Valery had used Shatterpoint on a scale like this, and it showed — she remained seated, her skin glistening from a layer of sweat and her breathing was labored. She was trying hard to refocus her senses and get the energy to rise and fight, but she luckily wasn't alone. She had expected this to happen, and with the other two Jedi ready to handle whoever left the tunnels, the fight would not be the most difficult.

There was one small surprise, however. One that only Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble would recognize.

The Soldiers that rushed out of the tunnels weren't ordinary troops, but Kainites loyal to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . Even out here, his dark grasp was strong, but not strong enough to keep the Shield of the Jedi from pinning many to the ground with increased gravity. Only the two Sith, their commanders, were strong enough to try and resist it.

But would they be caught?

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil doubled down. He brought his second hand forward, pulling on the Force with far more might than he had prior. There was a noticeable wave as he practically crushed the soldiers into the ground. Not to a lethal degree, but he wasn't going to let them move. Or let them harm themselves. Loyal to the degree of self sacrifice was his Father's favored form.

"We're Jedi, Jonyna. We don't kill if we don't have to. But don't hesitate otherwise. We'll keep them pinned, you deal with those still standing."

....Right. That was a policy she'd have to get used to. She didn't used to have to be merciful to Stormtroopers or Inquisitors.

She turned back, looking into the trench. There were so many pouring out, Jonyna needed to go for the once on their own. The Two Sith that had poured out would be her prey. She spotted one of the commanders across the trench from her. Pausing to look back at the two, the cathar figured she'd show off just a bit. Valery Noble Valery Noble hadn't seen her force abilities.

Without much thought, she leapt off the cliffside she stood on, a gust of wind coming from nowhere propelling her halfway across the trench, before finally a twin set of flame shot out from her feet, propelling her the rest of the way. In a fluid motion, she came down on one of the commanders, slashing him with her new katana right down the chest.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Make sure she doesn't lose herself in this," Valery said after a heavy breath, her eyes shifting to her husband, who was putting a lot of effort into pinning down the enemy soldiers. Only the Sith were really able to resist, and only because Kahlil had so many others to focus on, but Jonyna was quick to engage one of their two commanders. With her weapon drawn and a powerful jump, further boosted by some pyrokinesis, she made her way across.

A slash aimed down at the Sith was met not by a crimson blade, but the Sith quickly sliding back to avoid having to confront all of her momentum. "Foolish Cathar," the Zabrak Sith said, as he raised a hand and lightning burst from his fingertips in an attempt to burn the Jedi Knight alive.

"I can disarm the ones you pinned down," Valery finally said as she began to rise. "But we still have the second Sith and..." Valery frowned as she noticed the smaller of the two Sith moving towards Jonyna with incredible speed, a crimson blade drawn to strike her down from behind.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I can't do much right now."

Kahlil flashed a brief smile before he returned to his calm expression. He looked still and unstrained as ever, but it was taking all of his focus just to keep the field of soldiers from moving. All it'd take is one to get enough movement to fire their rifle and he'd loose it all.

"I have to leave this to you two."

"Foolish Cathar," the Zabrak Sith said, as he raised a hand and lightning burst from his fingertips in an attempt to burn the Jedi Knight alive.
The Lightning took Jonyna by surprise, causing the cathar to cry out in pain. Lucky for her, she had a sword to raise, which seemed to somehow absorb the lightning as soon as she raised it, much to her own shock. But it did give Jonyna the opening. She burst forward, attempting to strike the sith with her katana.

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"You're going to make me do the hard work? I see how it is," Valery teased, knowing how taxing it was for him to pin so many people down. In fact, she could feel it through their bond. Normally, she'd help him carry that load, but if he wanted her to help Jonyna confront the two Sith, she'd have to use her remaining energy to fight.

"I've got it, though," Valery then added before she exploded up into the air with enough force to rip up the ground underneath her. One of the Sith warriors had lashed out with lightning at Jonyna, briefly catching her by surprise, but it was the other one Valery believed to be most dangerous. The smaller figure was moving towards the Cathar in an attempt to strike her down from behind, but before they could, Valery landed right in front of her.

The impact sent a wave of Force energy across the ground that destroyed ice and rock, but also blasted the Sith away, causing the hood to fall from her face as she slammed into an abandoned mine cart. "You're not harming her," Valery said, as her blade ignited and she charged forward.

Meanwhile, Jonyna managed to absorb the lightning with her blade, much to the surprise of the Zabrak Sith. He dashed back, hoping to evade her cut, but the tip of her weapon struck across his chest, cutting him open and angering him enough to fuel pure rage. In response, he pushed forward with a series of powerful attacks, meant to push back the Jedi Knight.

Elsewhere...

"Not...today...Jedi..." one of the Kainite soldiers muttered, as he tried to use all of his strength to raise his blaster at Valery. He was further away from the other soldiers, and the gravity field for him was just a bit weaker. It kept him to the ground, but perhaps he could shoot her down from behind.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh shush."

Kahlil exhaled once as he closed his eyes. The Force pulled and shifted as he split his focus between keeping them pinned and the creation of his runes. Under the snow he drew them, letting them spread bit by bit. Valery and Jonyna had this handled, right? So then he could finish what he needed to. All at once he let his runes flare to life. Where they were pinned, they froze. A thin sheet of ice to immobilize and contain.

Just as a blaster shot went off.

"You good?"

Kahlil stood behind Valery now, his saber ignited as he deflected the shot meant for her under the guard of the Sith she'd been fighting. He flashed her a brief grin. "Almost missed one."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Falling back with a bit of speed, Jonyna had to stop as she found herself on a cliff. Shit. Backed into a corner...

But maybe that was a good thing. This was all ice. With the sith still on top of her, she channeled flame through her feet, using the force to summon some wind as she ducked down, flipping the sith over her shoulder and over the edge into the trench. If it didn't kill him, it'd at least give her some breathing room.
"Have a nice...FALL!"

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Almost missed one."

"Nah I had it," Valery huffed back before she aimed a powerful kick right through the Sith's guard, crushing her ribs and folding her over. She spun, swept her blade in with great precision, and finished the fight with a clean decapitation. A quick end for a fight she couldn't afford to last much longer. Not with Jonyna out there, who had been struck by lightning and was still fighting the other Sith Lord.

Or well, she thought that was the case, but as she looked over, Valery saw the Sith falling down into the trench, until his body hit a sharper piece of equipment, and was pierced onto a metal pipe. Not a very quick end, but the battle was finally over.

"Thanks though, love," Valery stepped closer to quickly kiss his cheek. She knew he'd always have her back, especially if she wasn't paying enough attention.

"We should get Knight Si and have a proper intelligence team check the tunnels for any equipment that survived."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom