Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Shield

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I doubt it. At least, it won't be the same as the others if we ever have to again. The crystal I have now for example was already different. Rather than seek one out, I just sat until one sought me." He glanced to his current saber, chuckling a little. "Sometimes it's worth the wait, mm?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order--environment--ilum-jedi-temple-05--by-gabriel-yeganyan.jpg

Ilum Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"You just... sat and it..." Valery huffed, realizing just how much trouble he had dodged acquiring his crystal. Her trials for the later crystals she got were brutal, and he just got it like that. By being patient. Although, he had his own trials earlier in life, and she supposed the transition into becoming a Jedi was quite a thing as well.

"Maybe I'll drag you along into a crystal cave sometime. I've always wanted to visit the Dantooine ones," she then said with a grin, before her senses picked up on something. Valery stood up, glanced into the entrance of the caves, and then turned back to her husband.

"I think she's heading back. You think it all worked out?"

A Kyber Crystal had called out to her, but it is only when they bond with their owner, that they assume a color that would represent a part of who they were. It was therefore not just a symbol of the Jedi, not just the heart of the blade, but also a symbol of the Jedi's heart.

Which color would it be?

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Patience is important, my young Padawan." He teased and bumped her shoulder before standing up beside her, glancing back towards where the Cathar had gone down. Reminiscing was finished, for now. Right now, he wanted to see how Jonyna had done. Given how the Force felt, he imagined well. Good.

"She is a Jedi, through and through."

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
The crystal Jonyna now held shined a light blue, practically white glow. She couldn't look happier as she exited the cave, the crystal cupped in one hand gently, as if Jonyna was holding a baby bird. She looked to the two with the dumbest grin on her face she could muster, and her tail whipped freely back and forth.

"I did it..."
As she said the words, the two could sense that the sentence spoken was directed more to herself than to the two she was speaking to.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order--environment--ilum-jedi-temple-05--by-gabriel-yeganyan.jpg

Ilum Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Young Padawan, hm?

"You're playing with fire, you know." She smirked and rolled her eyes when he bumped into her shoulder. She'd get him back later, and what he'd feel through their bond made sure that he knew. This wasn't the end of their little battle.

Soon enough, though, Jonyna made her way back and with a crystal in her hands.

...paws? Either way, she had been succesful, and Valery offered the woman a smile, "Well done, Knight Si. Now it's time to integrate it into a lightsaber, and let the blade shine for the first time. Maybe we can help you with that too, if you need it." She glanced st Kahlil, who had built his own lightsaber as well.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Always."

He just snickered before glancing towards Jonyna, nodding once. Of course, he glanced towards Valery again to give her a small, apologetic dip of his head before pulling out the nearly finished sword.

".. Or, just inlay it into the hilt of the blade you made. Once infused, the blade will show you it's connection. It is yours, after all."

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna nodded to the two, taking the blade.

She took a moment to sit, pulling out her two sabers and laying them down next to the blade, as she inserted the crystal into the hilt.
“Welcome to the family Liz.”

The blade glowed a faint blue, as Jonyna took it in one hand, her primary saber in the other, and finally her third in her tail, igniting both in a display of color. The Cathar swung around, seeming to test the new blade only to jump back as a gust of wind propelled outward towards the two masters.

Ilum Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Always."

Valery snickered along with him, and quickly jabbed his side as a 'warning' for messing with her. If he thought he'd get away with it because Jonyna was here, he'd have to think twice. Of course, this was only just the beginning. But after messing around a little, she focused on the Jedi Knight again, and blinked when Kahlil brought out a blade of all things.

She had clearly expected something a little more traditional for a Jedi's weapon.

"Well done, I think that marks the completion of your little trial here." She chuckled and glanced at her husband. "I don't know if you two were wanting to spend anymore time here, but I figured I'd also check on the trench. The one the Imperials left behind when they attacked Ilum."

"Do you two want to come along?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a brow at the gust of wind, but raised a hand to dispel it with a gust of wind of his own. It'd been a long time since he last actually pulled on the wind like that, though. He hummed, seeming to think about something else before turning his head towards Valery and nodded.

"I think that'd be a good thing for Jonyna to see and help her figure out the state of the galaxy. Maybe test out those blades, depending on what we find, mm?"

Ilum Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery nodded in agreement with Kahlil after she let him handle the gust of wind, then turned back to Jonyna. "A few years ago, the Empire-" she paused and blinked. "Of course not the Empire you know, but a different yet similar one. Anyway, they attacked Ilum to harvest Kyber Crystals, and set up in a trench not too far away from here." If they were going to show her the trench, why not provide some context?

"They wanted to use the crystals for a superweapon, much like the old Galactic Empire did. They never built the weapon, and eventually collapsed, but they did test a prototype during the invasion, and ended up destroying a lot of ships, even on their own side." Valery frowned as memories of the casualty reports resurfaced.

It was a bad day for both the Alliance and Empire.

"Should we take speeders, or do you think you can land the Bastion in the trench?" Valery then asked her husband with just a faint smirk, as she challenged his piloting skills. If anybody could land the Bastion in difficult terrain, it would be him.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Speeders would probably be best. If there's a disturbance, I don't want the Bastion buried."

And for them to get stranded. There was too much going on in the galaxy for them to have eyes everywhere, so the chance there could be some sort of threat here was still in the back of his head. He didn't want to deal with that kind of trouble, but who knew?

"Where are they parked?"

gabriel-yeganyan-ilum-canyon-7-copy.jpg

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"You won't have to drive," Valery told Jonyna with a chuckle. "This is Ilum - we're not using open air speeder bikes." She then gestured for both of them to follow her, and she began guiding them to the hangar, where a few small shuttles were kept, but also a speeder that had originally been made for the Noble family. Valery sometimes brought it along for trips like this, and it would be ideal to bring them all along.

"You can both sit on either side, and I'll drive." She smirked at Kahlil, who was the typical pilot if they went with the Bastion. But if it was speeder time, Valery was quick to step forward. "This won't be a long drive, so don't worry if it's not the most luxurious." She grinned, sat down in the pilot seat, and waited for them to sit on either side of the speeder, before she blasted off.

Soon enough, they were getting closer to the trench, where Valery stopped to let her passengers out. A lot of remnants of that old battle still lingered, from heavy machinery that was left behind, to vehicles that were destroyed and fused into rock and ice. "It has been years, but feels like yesterday, hm?" she asked, her eyes shifting to her husband.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Yes yes."

Kahlil chuckled as he took his seat, relaxing in it. Valery was far from a poor pilot, so it was at least an enjoyable ride. At least until they neared the trench. His calm smile turned more to a frown as he let out a sigh. This was one of the events he'd missed in his 'death'. From what he heard, a good number of Padawan's were unfortunately caught in the opening war here. Another moment he wish he could've been around to help.

The only bright side was there wasn't any Padawan's who died.

"For you, perhaps. .. I'm still not used to seeing this."

Jonyna took her seat, chuckling. "It's all new to me. I've never been to Ilum. Back in my day~" She said with a dumb grin on her face. "The Empire had it pretty much under wraps. Anyone going here was shot more or less on sight while they mined for their awesome death laser. I kept telling my group I was gonna be the one to blow it up. Then some farmboy named Luke does it. Ugh."

gabriel-yeganyan-ilum-canyon-7-copy.jpg

Ilum Trench
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I almost sent a whole group of Padawans to their deaths that day," Valery said with a deeper sigh, as she studied the ruins of the trench. She knew that it had been impossible to predict what happened that day, but she couldn't help but feel responsible for the hell those Padawans had gone through.

All of them survived, but it has gotten close for several and the trauma it caused was something that lingered for a long time.

"We'll walk down the center of the trench because the battle caused a lot of damage. Occasionally, things here collapse or ice comes falling down from the sides." With that, Valery began to walk and they'd quickly notice that their senses felt dull here. So many lives were lost in this one place, that the Force didn't flow as freely anymore. A fact that worried Valery immensely for what it could mean.

"On each side, there are numerous tunnels that Imperials used to mine. We sometimes find people hiding in them, or setting up to find parts or other loot here." She glanced at Kahlil and he'd probably know why this worried her now. Ilum was on the other edge of their territories, and all the trouble here started with the discovery of an Imperial listening post, several months before the battle on Ilum itself.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Right, Grandmaster Luke."

Kahlil just chuckled, and didn't bother to explain anything else on that front. He nodded towards Valery, giving her a brief smile. There wasn't anything that could change the past, but they could do better in the future. And they would, together. With all the Jedi.

"So, what are we doing now? Just walking around or was there something you were looking for?"

DeadpoolMLP

"On each side, there are numerous tunnels that Imperials used to mine. We sometimes find people hiding in them, or setting up to find parts or other loot here."
Jonyna raised an eyebrow at that, her ears flicking, the cathar honing her senses to listen for anything down there in the ice. "You think there's still some here?"

Now she was on more alert. If there were imp stragglers still here, or even looters, she'd help deal with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom