Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Shield

Kahlil_Div2.png

It wasn't often he heard people looking to fight him. Well, at least in the Order. There were a couple that wanted him out because of his relations, but to actually fight was a rarity. The only other he could think of was Calix. Standing alone in one of the temple's training rooms he let himself have a bittersweet smile. He was a good kid. And he shouldn't have died on Tython. Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el had a grave for him, one he should visit sooner rather than later. But, for now, that thought was put to the back. He'd already asked the one talking about fighting him here.

Now he just needed the girl to appear before he was trapped in his own mind again.

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
Jonyna entered the training room, walking a little taller than she normally did. She was challenging a master. A real jedi master. Someone who was probably far beyond her in skill. Why? Because she needed to prove herself. Push her limits. Test her strategies...

"Do you go by Master Noble, or is that too confusing?"

After hearing of this other master from Valery, she'd assumed they'd make some form of distinction.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Depends. Usually I just go by Kahlil when I can, but if there's a need for a honorific we'll go with Master Kahlil, I suppose." He glanced over his shoulder, offering a calm smile before turning to face the Cathar.

"You're people are warriors, correct?" Kahlil didn't waste time, not with this. He knew of the Cathar, and somewhat of the Knight before him. Another lost to time, though not as far as Valery had been. There were plenty of questions to ask, but for warriors they weren't the kind that could just be asked through words. He raised a hand, his saber flying from his hip to find itself in his grasp as the green blade ignited.

"I've been curious about just how strong a Cathar is."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna didn't bother using the force, carefully picking her saber off her hip and going right into her default stance. Form I. Always start simple...

"My people are a tribal race from a planet where we have to fend off bugs the size of landspeeders."

The Snap-hiss of her saber igniting started the duel, as Jonyna waited for her opponent to strike. No way she was gonna let the master set the pace of the battle...

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Those are pretty big, yeah. You fight them for the.. I'm not sure the term, but a way to handle the darkness within all, right?" A spiritual walk of sorts, and one he could appreciate. Perhaps it was something the Epicanthix needed, given everything that happened with Panatha. He lifted his saber overhead, calmly watching the other. Soresu was his ideal stance, defense before offence. But if she was going to wait, then there wasn't a point in just sizing each other up.

His stance changed as he lowered his free hand to his hip. Then pulled the blaster he had there from it's holster. In a split second he fired, not even bothering to aim. Stun shots, of course, but in rapid succession for different parts of her body, trying to force her to overextend her defense.

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

Rather than trying to block, Jonyna used an ability she had honed in said fights on her home planet. A stream of flame shot from her feet, launching her up into the air, and above the shots, as she went for a slashing blow. Sure, it was a risky move, but better to get aggressive than leave herself open, she figured.

Of course, as she got close, she extinguished her saber at the last moment, quick drawing her katana, going for a slash at his saber. Hopefully a feint would work here...

Kahlil_Div2.png

Jump boots?

Kahlil raised a brow as she rocketed forward. No, not tech. He couldn't hide the small grin that formed as he shifted his footing to put his saber between himself and her. The green of it flashed through the floor, bringing sparks alongside it in the first deflect. At least until the saber extinguished. He raised a brow curiously, but as the katana was drawn it clicked. Right, clever. His blade was already on a different arc and even trying to bring it back down wasn't going to work.

So he used the blaster. Behind his back, two more quick shots to send her strike off course as he ducked under it and let his blade burn into the ground again while he turned to face her.

"Fast. Clever."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

She could only really block the blaster shots this time, given the distance between them was less than a foot at this point. But she did have a trick up her sleeve. She always did. Grabbing her second saber with her tail, out of sight to the man that was focused on the threat in front of him, she ignited it, before spinning around. The blade was translucent, and given it was also silent, she figured she could get one on him. A simple hit, nothing that would hurt in the long term. But bragging rights all the same...

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Very clever."

By all accounts it didn't look like he noticed it at first. The hidden, silent blade. And yet he reacted, at just the last moment, with his blade arcing up once more through the ground to catch the strike. His smile stayed calm just as the rune he'd carved into the floor flared to life. Ice erupted, crawling and spreading across the room to try and catch the Cathar in his own trap.

"But I excel at seeing the unseen."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

"No just...not used to fighting someone who has the ability to use the force against me. Back in my time, we only ever fought inquisitors..." She groaned, taking his hand, pulling herself up. "Cortosis. The katana is made of cortosis, by the way." Jonyna picked that up, having dropped it when she fell. "If I have gotten that hit off, it would've short-circuited your lightsaber for a few minutes. Trick works wonders on egotistical sith who think their lightsaber is some awesome unbeatable win button. So how did you do that ice thing? I could never get a handle on any of the other elements outside of fire..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Cortosis, huh?"

Kahlil hit a switch on his saber. The blade shifted, and all at once no more sound erupted from it. Just for a moment, to show the blade before he let that extinguish. "Times have changed. A lot. Cortosis is brittle and easily shattered. Be careful you don't end up against someone who's already got a counter built into their blade. The Galaxy is a new age, a lot of tricks won't work anymore."

He lowered the hilt to clip it back on his waist before glancing to the remnants of the rune he'd made. "Runes. It's not like what you or Valery can do, though. I set a code and let the Force act it out."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Monsters and myths who can devour planets, wake the dead, and live forever. The Sith of this day don't hide in offices like the Emperor of your time. They don't save face, they embody the absolute worst they can of the Force." Even he had at one point. At least, waking the dead anyway. The other two he'd been working on, but never truly figured out before he fled the Sith and finally learned how twisted all of it was.

"Take up a blade of the Je'dai. The forging process is long and laborious, but the blade you'll make will be able to help you cut these monsters."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I.. Probably could, I think. It's not entirely my expertise, but I've made some blades in my day." Never a Katana like blade as she had. Daggers and the like, but there shouldn't be a problem to make a longer weapon. Probably. Hopefully. He offered a smile.

"If you'd like, anyway."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

"...I've never been one to ask for help, but...I guess today's the day, eh?" She chuckled. "...I do wanna keep the cortosis aspect of it. Shorting out a blade? That's a great opening. Takes a sith off guard and at least temporarily knocks out one of their resources." She held her blade out in front of her, looking it over. "But...Sam has always been way too brittle, yeah. She's chipped quite a few times and nearly got snapped in two by the last inquisitor I fought. Maybe I could just make the edge cortosis? That'd be easy to repair..." she brainstormed out loud for a moment, considering her options. "...maybe an alloy? I never really had access to anything outside of good 'ole steel back in the day. Empire made it hard to get anything back then..." She blinked, looking back to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble "Oh, um...sorry. What kinda stuff do you guys make your weapons out of nowadays?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Welcome to the Order, Jonyna. We're always going to help one another." That brought a chuckle. It said a lot about the day and age she'd come from. All the more reason he should help her with a blade. An alloy? That could be possible, but what he was talking about wasn't just a simple metal.

"Depends. Some people make them out of lighter metals like Phrik or Songsteel. Others take more of a Force route with imbued blades. The process behind that actually makes the blade itself more.. Unlike metals, it won't get run down. Or carved up by a Lightsaber that'd turn out to be immune to your Cortosis." He'd seen it before, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

"If you want to keep the Cortosis, you could just make a secondary sword?"

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

"I wanna keep the option at least." She nodded. While most blades these days would be immune, it made for an odd advantage. No one would expect you to try it. An old technique never dies, but the protections against it tend to. Slugthrowers were still around for that reason. "How does the other work? I'm not looking to make a lightsaber substitute, I'm looking to create an opening and take someone off guard. I know a sword like Sam isn't exactly gonna do much damage against someone with armor or someone with a blaster. But against someone with a lightsaber? That gives me an advantage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom