Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Shield

Kahlil_Div2.png

"What I'm talking about gives you an edge against those spirits and monsters the Sith these days use. Your lightsaber, a blaster, there are Sith who you can cut down and they'll just keep walking. You ever cut a ghost?"

It wasn't an exaggeration. With the Sith returning once more, now was the time for as many Jedi to be ready for what they could do as possible. "They're going to be the type of things you're going to have to face."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
"I've tried once, actually." Jonyna chuckled, reminiscing about her former master. "My group, we got contracted by a Hutt to chase off some 'archeologists' on Ryloth. Turns out it was just one Imp officer and a bunch of defunct clones. They uncovered the tomb of Sylvar, a Cathar jedi from the age of the Great Sith War. Her ghost still lived in that tomb, but she couldn't leave..." She pouted. "I've considered checking it again, but the tomb is probably long buried at this point."

She took a look down at her sword once more, before sighing. "But I get your point. I'll have to make one of those swords then. Fighting ghosts? Demons? I want to be ready. Show me what I'll see, Master."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's worth checking out regardless. If I know anything about being a Force Ghost, they're pretty stubborn." He chuckled himself before stepping away from her to scrawl out a different sort of rune. A full sequence, burning in the air as if it was drawn on paper. Then, darkness. A shadow, a shade rupturing seemingly from the ground. A smoke demon, it's face twisted in some sinister grin as it towered even over Kahlil.

"This is one. Smoke Demon. Impossible to hurt conventionally. Force Light, an Imbued blade, those are your best and really only choices to fight against them. There's plenty of other Sithspawn they employ and create as well."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna's first instinct was to slash at it, even if it wasn't real. She couldn't help it.

"...right. Sorry."
She said, sheathing her blade. "...do you think my flame would damage it? I mean, it's powered by the light." She paused, breathing in deep as she brought a hand out, a ball of flame sparking into existence above her palm. "I don't usually use it for attack, since, well, I'm supposed to be the good guy. Setting someone on fire, that's sith behavior. But if we're fighting monsters like this..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Possibly. A normal flamethrower wouldn't work, but you're right that your flame is something different. It could work, but.." The illusion changed. This time into a different sort of Sithspawn. One that his own Padawan Katherine Holt Katherine Holt was.

"It's not easy to tell when something is born from pure corruption, or just someone innocent twisted by the Sith. A flame is a flame. They might look like monsters, but a good number were innocent creatures, people, turned against their will."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Those still exist. Probably the more common soldiers of most groups, so you'll still have something familiar." Not that it exactly was a welcome thing. The Empire, the Sith, there were plenty of groups that enjoyed the faceless masses of the Stormtroopers. Even Kahlil had his own legion under his command when he was still a Sith.

"But.. There are few who can do what we can to stop them."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

"...Well, I might as well get started on a new sword then." Jonyna frowned, looking at her old blade. "If stuff like that is gonna come out of the stars, I need to be ready." She smirked, looking to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble "Back in my day, I was...a hero. The Hero in the Streets. Tiger of the Outer Rim. I'd like to think I can still be that, even if it means I have to adapt to the times. Let's get started then. You guys have a forge here?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm sure you can be. The Galaxy might not remember, but you can always remind them."

Kahlil flashed a brief smile before turning towards the exit of the training room and motioning for her to follow. The Forge wasn't too far. It wasn't often used, but there were enough Jedi who appreciated the early arts. The Je'dai were still around here and there in this day and age, after all.

"I'll be able to show you how to make a blade, but you will have to make it yourself."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Sometimes that's all you need. We have a bit.. Better metals to choose from here, though." He flashed a smile once more before turning his back towards her to start the actual forging. The process wasn't too complex on the surface. She'd already made a blade herself, so it actually made showing her what she needed to do much easier. But it was as he started hammering down the blade and it's shape that the complex part started.

"While you're forging, you focus on the blade. Imbue it with yourself. Your connection to the Force. Let yourself feel the steel and make it part of you. It might be easier for you with your flame. Use that to keep it heated and malleable. That's of course what makes this all so difficult though. You have to forge while channeling the Force. Literally imbuing it." He lowered the hammer, flipping it around to offer her the handle.

"Think you can do it?"

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

"I think so..." She took the hammer, and closed her eyes, letting herself sense only through the Force. Feel the heat off the blade. The sound of the hammer pinging off the metal. With her offhand, she aimed a palm at the metal itself, suddenly letting a flash of flame shoot out at the blade as she hammered. Let the flame run through the blade. Let it spark and burn. A sword made with passion and tenacity, the burning light of sentience.

Kahlil_Div2.png

And like that they went, until the blade itself was finished. By the end Kahlil had set down the hammer and let her finish attuning the metal to herself under his watchful eye, but his attention wasn't just on her. For this, another part was needed, and he was half setting up the trip she'd need to take to get the last part of the blade. Once it was finished, he'd finally speak up.

"Good. One thing remains. Kyber."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

"Not in the traditional sense..." She reached down, unhooking her primary saber from her belt and using the force to disassemble it mid air, revealing a magenta crystal that seemed to shine with light side energy. "This was a gift from my mom, her saber when she was a Sentinel. My parents gave it to me when I finally came home after 20 years of hiding..." She reassembled her hilt, before pulling another saber off her back with the force, one looking more like a katana hilt. This one she had to unwrap by hand, keeping it steady with the force, eventually revealing a nearly clear crystal that seemed...almost invisible to the senses of the jedi master. "...this one I came across by happenstance. We were...helping the tribal locals on the planet we were using as a rebel cell. It's over in the Daxam system. The tribals were being hunted by a native predator species when, in the jungle, so when I finally took down the beast, the locals gifted me what they called their 'sacred stone', which was Claire here..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Part of the trial is learning how to face parts of yourself you wouldn't otherwise realize are a weakness." Claire, huh? He'd heard of people giving their crystal's names, but he didn't think much of it. Kyber, some others, they were sentient somewhat. Some more than others perhaps. He'd ask more about it another time, but right now the important part was what was going to happen next. It was part of the reason he'd sent a message to Valery Noble Valery Noble .

"Come. Once we get to Ilum, we'll start your trial. Once you find your Kyber, you'll be able to inlay it into the hilt of this steel, and your blade will be complete."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

"You better be the one flying. I never had to chance to really learn how. My team had a pilot to do it for me. Zash Avvadu. Ya know, I really should look into the historical records to see if any of my team made it in there." She laughed, following behind. "Gosh, I feel like a padawan running around with you and Master Noble. Even after fighting off Inquistors and Bucketheads for two decades, I still feel inadequate around...ya know, real jedi..."

gabriel-yeganyan-ilum-large-4.jpg

Ilum
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

It wasn't that often that she was contacted about a crystal gathering, and it was even rarer for it to be a Jedi Knight who was visiting to collect their first crystal. Not that it mattered at all — she had guided so many into the caves already, and would always make the time for another journey. So as soon as she received the call from her husband, she boarded her ship and traveled to Ilum, where she'd wait for them in the halls of the Temple.

The entrance to the caves wasn't far, and still blocked by a wall of ice, but they'd have to explain a little bit anyway. Jonyna was a Knight who had lived during some of the worst times for the Jedi, so there were a lot of things Jedi now took for granted, that are entirely new to her.

This was likely one of those things.

<You have permission to land and enter the Temple when you arrive, Master Noble,> Valery said, her tone mostly professional but with a hint of playfulness to it over calling her husband by rank and name.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Once on the ship, he had it set for Ilum and hit go. It wouldn't be too long of a trip, thankfully. Enough to talk a little more. He nodded, giving a brief smile as he kept his gaze on the blue of Hyperspace and his hands on the controls.

"There were three different Orders at the time I was a Knight. And I belonged to none of them. I kept to myself, learned on my own, until I met my wife and decided to follow her to this Order. And I certainly didn't feel like a proper Jedi among them all. My father was a Sith Emperor. My sister, uncle, both also Emperors. There were some who didn't want me in the Order at all, let alone to become a Master. It's difficult when you feel different from so many others. But what you've learned and how doesn't make you less of a Jedi. You know things better than many Jedi ever will. Take pride in that, and use it to make you great."

He pulled down the lever as they set on their approach to the planet, briefly smiling as the voice of his wife came through the coms. <Understood. We'll be landing shortly.>

"For now though, center yourself. The trials aren't lethal, but it doesn't mean they'll be easy."

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom