Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Shadow Over Kuat | GI Dominion of Kuat |

Veronica was about to step into the sun. She had spent a few days in the lab, now that she didn’t need to eat often she was rather happy to just sit digging through the old computer systems. Reading research logs, journal entries, emails, and other things in order to create a picture of the people who worked here.

It helped her remember some things, like who she was supposed to be, who she was made by, and why she was made. But she had to move on now. She was hungry once again, she needed to find some sustenance or the bio-mechanical parts which controlled her would run out of power. She could plug herself into the wall, but something made that feel wrong. She wanted to eat.

So she stood at the large, sealed door which separated her from the outside world, in pristine condition compared to the rest of the bunker. It seemed like when HARDLINE came in he made sure the door was in working order. All the better for her.

She stuck her finger into the data port on the door, and it began to slide open, slowly, methodically, mechanically. The wind blew over her face and she saw that she was in some kind of parking garage. She could see the bright LED street lamps and hear the patter of rain outside. There were no vehicles here, there didn’t need to be.

She made her way forward, drawing in the sights. She could hear speeders whirring down the streets, hear people walking down. It was quiet. She put up her hood and made her way out of the parking garage, stumbling around the town. Maybe she would find something useful.

The strings of fate were becoming entangled greatly. Something bad was going to happen soon. It didn't help that reports were coming on of people being cought with weapons, rumors on the news of merecenaries moving through the area. It was horrible, it was terrifying. Something would need to happen and it would happen soon.

Alyson sighed as she took her rifle off the side of the table and ensured it was loaded. She radioed the squad commanders telling them that she was making her way to the floor before sighing. She had a lot of work that needed to be done. She used her senses to spot anyone suspicious, and quite unsurprisingly, the region was lit up like a christmas tree.

Feth.

"Security teams prepare for engagements, we got company and they are waiting to spring."

Objective 1
For a moment, Maliphant caught the eye of Elane; who gave a playful run of her fingers across her lips and a sideways glance to the others at the table. Dorian couldn’t help but raise a brow, forcing the lady to take a drink from her champagne; leaving hefty lipstick marks on the glass. He couldn’t help but smile, pulling at his collar just a touch -​
A sign in itself that he was interested in her as well.​
The Lady glanced around once more, and when Elane Kuat saw a moment - she interrupted and spoke to Maliphant directly;​
Mr. Harper, what exactly would these ‘economic standardizations consist of?”, she said with a cock of her brow.​
Well, if you’re so curious -”, he began as he crossed his legs.​
- there have been issues with trade among the core. Far too many currencies, far too erratic behavior; so the IGBC is coming to help set that… straight. By offering our services, we intend to have much of the Galaxy follow a single currency, the Standard Galactic Credit - one that is backed by our banks immense wealth, and the quantum block chain we invest in.”, he said with a wink to the woman.​

Objective 2: Security Detail

Tags: Alyson Halle Alyson Halle

"<I'm in position,>" Dak confirms over the comms. He had set himself up on a balcony overlooking the gala in order to optimize his view, just in case. He was aware of the advisory from the Ministry of Intelligence, and after Vulpter he would not take those warnings lightly. He was not alone up here, of course. The Kuati had their own security in abundance. It was likely that their own intelligence department had picked up on these lingering threats.

This was a unique event for Dak, however. Multiple elements of his life were converging in one place.
Cedric Grayson; the last of the house he's sworn to protect, sat alongside Dorian Harper and Dune; fellow business partners for the resurgent InterGalactic Banking Clan.

His receptors glance between each of them while he vigilantly overlooks the railing.

"
<Nothing to report.>"

Last edited:
Objective 3

Soloman drank his drink, - yet still far from being drunk. Instead, he simply groaned - as time had not been kind to him. He’d been up for nearly three days, hunting after various jobs and contracts given to him by every faction and government this side of the Corellian Run; but today, he had yet another. The Sith wanted him for a spy network - and it paid well.​
Pouring another glass, Priest glanced to either side as he waited for this connections to meet him. The Sith would be here soon enough - and he would offer them the preliminary evidence he had gotten. Much of it was from information brokers, but it was enough for a foundation - No doubt they wanted the inside scoop on the Greyson Imperium.​
He’d heard the ‘facism’ the Jedi were pushing - and knew that it wouldn’t last in the Sith decided to strike out, but it’d be a while before then. For now, he would wait, and offer them all the information he could.​

Objective 2: Shipyard "Security"

There was an order to the affairs of man. The strong ruled, the weak served. There was, likewise, an order to the affairs of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. The Director got to go to fancy parties, the Deputy Director got to inspect the manufacturing segments to make sure everything was up to code.​
Caulder Dune followed after the Chief Engineer, wobbling about on his cane and his bad knees. The Chief Engineer was a Mirialan man, gruff and obviously displeased with this visit. Nostrils flaring, fists clenching. Such a surly fellow. Caulder Dune didn't see all the fuss. Maybe that "Banking Clan" running roughshod around Sith space was content to invest in unsafe - unsustainable - working conditions, but this was the InterGalactic Banking Clan.​
This was about the brand.​
"Do you get a lot of workplace incidents these days?"​
The engineer grumbled, punching a passcode into the door before them. "Counting the attack that blew everything up?"​
Caulder clicked his tongue, "No. Obviously."​

Objective 1: Mingle

The music would be lively as the Sullustan walked by another server, grabbing another glass of burbon this time along with the bottle. Pouring a big glass of it, he would tilt back and drink the entire thing in one go. As he walked on towards the table to sit down and eat, he felt a disturbance in the Force. A feeling he had not felt since...then he was grabbed and was pulled into a nearby hallway by a big, brawny tall Kuati. Before them, he also saw Gene and Lady Sinta staring upon them as the large male threw the Sullustan back as he merely stumbled, dropping the burbon as it crashed onto the floor into a spectacular mess. Giving a frown, he would look at his glass as he looked forward, hearing this mans loud proclamation, thankfully far away from the other groups.

"Knave, you dishonor us with your presence. You have insulted not only Lady Sinta, but the entire House of Sinta with now your presence. We shall have a duel in the room of honor, with your ship as my prize."
"Your kriffin nuts, you and the metal droid blond."
"What did you just say?!"

There was a bit of a gasp as the Sullustan sadly...was now under the influence of the bubbly. Looking at his glass of burbon, he held up a finger and proceeded to drink the entire glass of burbon before slamming it back down and walking forward to get very close to the large Kuati man. Each step led silence among the others, as if watching a storm brew before them in ways that could not be seen. The Sullustan would stop, nearly nose to nose to the male whom had a foot tall on him.

"Let me rephrase it...your Lady Sinta has hair made from a metal droid and you have the brains of a gubber fish. I am not dueling you, nor wagering my fair ladies ship for your amusement."

The Sullustan would then turn to walk away, he felt a grip onto his shoulder as he merely stopped. Long ago, he would have turned and slugged the man before everyone else, humiliating him. However, he felt obliged to stand still, looking back very slowly with those venomous eyes as the tall Kuati man says the wrong thing.

"Your former wife? The one buried in the ground because you could not take care of her? Why, she must be a rug compa-"
"Speak about my Nina again and I will personally bury you with your own shovel."
"Oh but she is, must been the ugli-"

The Sullustan then turned around as he gripped the mans collar with his left hand, tightening as a crowd started to form around them. The Sullustans posture changed from a somber drunk to one of pure authority, those eyes of his had turned near yellow, his voice changed to be cracking, of near pure hatred, of military order. Before he could even speak, the taller Kuati would slap the Sullustan as it resounded, with people gasping before the Sullustan merely looked forward, giving a growl in his voice to restrain himself.

"Grab...your...sword...name your tribute."
"Charles, our Lot in Spacedock Nineteen."
"Any ship in Spacedock Nineteen."
"Lead the way...Charles."

Interesting, Mr. Harper.”, Elane said with a finger running down her chin.​
And this ‘block chain’, what does that consist of?”, she said with a cock of her brow, a tease in her tone.​
Well, since you asked - I’ll tell you this much, its a self investing currency the IGBC has personally developed for such things - but what am I saying; would you like a more private demonstration of it? If you need…”, Dorian said with sultry tone of his own.​
I could certainly join you.”, she offered back.​
With a nod, Dorian motioned for her to follow -​
I’ll be back soon, friends.”​

The doors peeled open, and the men entered a rather spartan space. It was a viewing platform. A drydock was spread out below them, giving them a beautiful view of a partially completed ship. A corvette, or something of similar size. It didn't look very impressive. Sparks flew out from random points as sections of armor plating were welded on.​
On the hangar floor, technicians wheeled large crates up a loading ramp, vanishing into the inside of the vessel. Internal systems.​
"Very impressive view," Caulder observed. He flexed his hands, cracking the joints, making a perfectly normal sound. "Have your workers organized?"​
The chief frowned. "How do you mean?"​
"A guild, a union...?"​
"No. None of that here."​
Caulder frowned. "How unfortunate. I suppose that will have to go into the report."​

Objective 1

Pomsty received P Placeholder 0128 's reply, and satisfied she had made her mark for the moment sat silently following the conversation going around the table. Her experience since she left her homeworld was not one learning the politics of intergalactic government, which her homeworld never needed for her people survived apart from such inclusion. She was not keen on providing any assistance during such talks, but just sat feeling out the room as was more her custom. Her eyes befell those as they spoke and she watched also for whatever the Jedi would be watching as well. She knew others would be doing the same, and it certainly did not bother her that they did so.

Not far off in the distance voices started to raise. Pomsty believed she recognized one of them.

Definitely something off.

Cedric's brow furrowed as Dorian took off with the noblewoman. She'd been trying to subtly convince the Jedi night to go off with her for a late night rendezvous all night, but he'd been more than a little resistant. It seemed the chariman did not have such scruples, but then that was a good thing overall. Anything to get the mistress further on the Imperium's side.

"Well," he spoke audibly, cracking a small grin as he nudged at Pomsty. "Looks like our friends are off for another form of business. I'd say that all went rather well." The others at their table mumbled various excuses to take their lead. They hung on the ear of Lady Elane, and they had little desire to remain while she was gone. There was a gala to enjoy.

Left alone now, Cedric turned toward the Nightsister. "How are you enjoying this..uh," he fought for the right descriptor, "Party I suppose. More like a gathering of drunks lacking any form of decency, but then that is what defines a party I su-"

There was the sound of a scuffle in the other side of the room. Cedric's brow furrowed as he observed the participants. "Is that...Jegy?"

He jumped up from his chair. "I'm going to help him out."

Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Objective 3: A Hungover Mystery

Knock knock knock.

Those were the first sounds that stirred Kiber Dorn back to life and truth be told it was rather unpleasant, each individual knock a battering ram upon his mind, body and soul. Instinctively he groaned, wishing for nothing more than to flip the pillow over to the cool side and go back to sleep.

“Ma'am, are you okay?”

Except there was no pillow unless it was made out of porcelain and smelled like vomit-encrusted saliva. Eyes were forced open, revealing his bedroom to actually be a bathroom cubicle and his pillow to be the seat of a toilet. Ever so slowly Kiber pulled his head up, the seat of the toilet lifting upwards along with his cheek as they seemed to have merged during his sleep. A soft clunk echoed slightly as he managed to separate the two before trying to come to term with his surroundings.

“...ma'am?”

Wait? Why was the person outside calling him ma'am? This was already very confusing as his eyes blinked one at a time, his puffy eyelids impeding the very act of blinking. Facts had to be established.

Knock.

One, he was definitely hungover.

Knock.

Two, that was definitely his vomit in the toilet bowl.

Knock.

Three, he had slept in a bathroom stall.

“Ma'am, you've been in there an awfully long time, do you need any help?”

Four, he had slept in a bathroom stall in the women's toilets.

Oh no. How had this happened?

She looked normal enough, most people she passed didn’t look at her sideways. People who were chromed up were not exactly uncommon, so they were used to artificial skin and metal bones. They looked at her like just another chromehead.

She had a decent amount of credits, the chit had enough to make sure that she would really never have to work, though she wasn’t sure that she deserved it, or that she would just go off and live the good life. She elected that she would invest most of it, her new brain knew how to play the stock market intuitively. It’s all math after all. She was connected to the holonet so she just decided to get to work while she was walking down the street.

She could do it in the back of her head while she used the rest of her brain for other things. It’s like she had two of herself, one that was obsessed with doing math, and the one that was actually, well, herself. Though it was kind of weird having a second part of your brain doing stock transactions, she was now rather used to it after a few days.

She finally found a place where she could get food, a little cafe in the wealthier part of town. She looked like a fish out of water but she had the credits to afford to be here. She made her way inside, lowering her hood as a sign of respect.

Now all she had to do was order food. That would be more complicated than she would like.

Objective 1:

The room was hot, sweaty, and their clothes were long since removed - but Dorian sat at table nearby with a towel around him as Elane Kuat lay in the bed, running a finger on his exposed leg. She offered a quiet, appreciate smile before whispering in the silence of the room -​
Are you planning to stay around Kuat for long, Mr. Harper?”, she asked in her waif like tones.​
Perhaps. You’ve made a convincing case for it so far, but I may yet leave Caulder Dune for such things; he’s far better at maintaining relations than I am.”, Dorian laughed.​
I’d say you’ve done well enough so far.”​
Dorian couldn’t help but smile and nod, though slowly -​
I suppose I have. Would you like another lesson?”​
She didn’t need to respond, a small nod would do - and the humidity of the room grew hotter.​

Objective: Rip & Tear
Hostiles: Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga | Alyson Halle Alyson Halle | P Placeholder 0128

NPCs: 15 Brutes | Primarch Drek'ma Primarch Drek'ma |
Equipment: Armour | Axe

The Seers had spoke of an integral moment. A moment to strike against the Grayson Imperium had arrived, multiple forces would be on the precipice of War. The Jedi, Sith - all would know to fear the Bryn'adûl. The Primarch stood opposite the Titan himself, alongside a miasma of Brutes; armed to the teeth with Spikers and Bryn Shots, weapons built to kill the Human Filth. Kuat was a world Tathra was aware of, a world that had been caught in the destruction caused by but a few choices. This would be but another tactical strike against the Factions bustling in the core.

The staff of the Primarch's orb grew with light, the very ground beneath them shifting and twisting as Time and Space became merely a connotation of choice, the Primarch would exit via portal as soon as they arrived, this would not be his fight. He would remain far from the conflict for once, and Tathra would lead their charge.

In the middle of the central dance floor, a fiery white ball of energy rippled against the ground as torrents of raw force energy threw chunks of marbled floor in every direction. Tathra took the Axe from his back, clad in silver and gold armour with red fluorescent clouds dancing around his form as they followed his Axe. Held aloft in his dominant hand, a total of fifteen Brutes alongside him, armed to the teeth.

yjfDYZO.png

Tathra roared to his troops in brutish Drael, in response the tall and monstrous Warriors relinquished their weapons, opening fire on the crowd and Guards. Tathra leapt forward, the Beard of his Axe glowing with power as he slashed outward in a vertical strike in a single-armed swing. A massive cone of red energy escaped from the Beard of the Axe, cutting into the crowd. The sheer kinetic power of the energy blast caused the bodies of the weak fleshlings to be torn to shreds.

The chief engineer turned away from the window, so he could squint more clearly at Caulder Dune. "Is that a problem?"​
"Well, in a purely technical sense, not really," Caulder said, resting both his hands on his cane. "As far as whether or not I'll recommend we give you any money - yes. That somewhat affects my judgement."​
"Uh," the engineer began, "How do you... Mean?"​
"It reflects poorly on the operation," Caulder droned, "No organization typically indicates, to me, a poor quality of worker. Which in turn begets a poor quality of product."​
"Our ships are fine."​
Caulder bit back the urge to roll his eyes. "Oh, I don't doubt it. I'd like to see the manufacturing floor."​
The engineer folded his arms. "You can see it well enough from here."​
"I assure you I can't. Shall we?"​
There was something to be said for the engineer's restraint in not throttling Caulder on the spot. He grunted unpleasantly and led the way out.​

A Light Shining in Darkness
Objective: Protect the Nobility

Wyatt could feel the Force manipulate and shake - shuddering at the amalgamation of evil that came before it. He couldn’t help but open his mouth and glance to it - just before the portal opened, the Bryn came through; and it only grew more terrifying as they began their welcoming with a massive slaughter of the rich that were close.​
His lightsaber ignited with the iconic pop hiss of its design, and as the whir of it grew louder - he leaped over the bannister and struck down the first nearby;​
Get to the exits!”, he said with a boisterous tone.​
Another came for him, and as the Bryn got close, his lightsaber ripped through his legs and impaled him to the ground before Wyatt dodged another strike for the head - forcing him to lower himself, rip the lightsaber from the corpse, and strike out against another - splattering his face with a black ichor.​
Cedric! Get down here!”​

Alyson Halle Alyson Halle was gone, her weapon in hand. Not longer after, Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and the Kuat noblewoman rose from their seats to leave.

The two abrupt departures, while not without explanation, were transparent to the observer who could see the larger picture. A plan was being enacted, one that involved separating individuals. Leaving them alone and unprotected, or in the hands of less capable warriors.

Heliobas circled around the table, pausing briefly beside Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé 's seat. Of those still seated, she seemed to be closest to the Imperator and the most caring for him, while also the least likely to be suspicious of his motives. He sent her a mental warning, drawing her attention to the absences, then abruptly left the room, his robes sweeping the floor.

He followed in the direction of Lady Elane and the banker, fully aware that they were engaged in a tryst, but unable to shake his ill feelings. His inability to deduce Dorian Harper's intentions whatsoever was cause for concern. He feared the woman had been removed for a malevolent purpose.

His path to their room slowed as the floor shook beneath his feet. Violence was occurring in the room he had just left. He hesitated, then pressed on. He was of no use in combat, not in this form - and he did not wish to reveal his species to the Imperium yet.

He found their room locked. Releasing his staff, he began to change form, molding his body into that of a beast which could break through the door.

It happened. She knew it would, the force had told her but she could do nothing but watch and prepare. The hole in the force was obvious from the moment it began to form, ripping and tearing at the fabric of the universe. It was a dark energy, it was a horrible energy. The tear was precipitated by the deaths of numerous innocents, terrorists, and guards alike. All were killed relentlessly.

She almost bit her tongue as she ran for the ballroom, she had to stop this, there was no other choice, she could not allow these agressors to terrorize innocents, as pretentious as they were.

It was time to go to war she supposed. Time to keep the peace, that was her title right? Master Peacekeeper. Yeah, something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom