Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Robber's Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif

francois-cannels-ufocarrierfinal1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a unique corvette with high defensive qualities and hangar capacity, on commission.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Rapid Deployment: Perhaps a unique feature to the ship, the Robber's Crown employs an unorthodox means of deploying its squadrons of starfighters and drones; it quite literally shoots them out at high velocities via a launch tube on either side of the ship. The Small-Fighter Rapid Deployment System allows for the Robber's Crown to quickly respond to any hostile activity, given that its sizeable fighter complement is the ship's primary weapon.
  • Long Game: Although it does not have very much by way of offensive technologies, the large hangar space and highly-defensive nature of the ship allow it to go toe-to-toe with many vessels that would otherwise outclass it. This also allows the Robber's Crown to operate in situations where it may be ambushed without fear of an early knockout blow.
  • Fast and Furious: The Robber's Crown features a very advanced array of hyperspace technologies; it's Meili hyperdrive allows it to reach a maximum of 0.8-grade speed while traveling through hyperspace, outclassing even many standard military vessels. A hyperwave inertial momentum sustainer prevents interdictor fields from trapping the Robber's Crown, and the NAV-RH1 Interdiction Countermeasures Package allows it to scan ahead hyperroutes for any spacetime anomalies and act accordingly.
WEAKNESSES
  • Not many Guns: When all is said and done, the Robber's Crown has very little in terms of actual anti-capital weapons. The ship carries only four light turbolaser cannons, and depending on the situation this can be a serious disadvantage. While this is somewhat mitigated by the hangar capacity and defenses of the ship, the lack of actual cannons on the Robber's Crown can still provide to be a weakness.
  • Blindspot: The Robber's Crown offensive emplacements are situated at the bow of the ship, and the while the light turbolasers are mounted on a rotational turret, their placement means that anywhere sternward of the ship, fighters or other ships can attack without having to worry about return fire.
DESCRIPTION
Commissioned by the bounty hunter known as Rocho, the Robber's Crown provided the research and development team with a unique challenge, as well as an opportunity to showcase the more creative side of Roble Manufacturing. As such, the Robber's Crown is a highly-unique shi, designed to fufill its role as a get-in, get-out heavily armored carrier. And, since its Roble Manufacturing, the Robber's Crown does that quite well.

Perhaps the keystone feature of the ship, the Small-Fighter Rapid Deployment System allows for the Robber's Crown to quickly launch the multitude of fighters stored in its hangar bays at extremely high velocities, almost instantaneously throwing them into action. These fighters serve as the primary offensive force as well as a defensive shield for the ship and being able to rapidly-deploy them decreases the response time and makes it more difficult for opponents to catch the ship off-guard.

Another key feature of the Robber's Crown is its extensive hyperspace technology suite; the RMR-H11 Meili Hyperdrive allows the ship to travel through hyperspace at extremely fast speeds -- a grade of 0..8, to be exact -- which outclasses most other ships in the galaxy. A hyperwave inertial momentum sustainer prevents interdiction fields from pulling the ship out of hyperspace, meaning that the Robber's Crown is virtually immune to that specific trap. In addition to that, a NAV-RH1 Interdiction Countermeasures Package actively scans along the ship's hyperspace trajectory for any sort of gravitational anomaly, allowing the ship to quickly act if any such anomaly is present.

The Robber's Crown also features many defensive assets, fortifying the ship from attack. An MRS-01 Eir defensive system, perhaps one of the most comprehensive on the market, offers virtually any type of shield for the ship to employ should it need to, as well as a magnetic polarization field and more components that offer protection against essentially any conceivable weapon. As if the huge hangar compliment wasn't big enough, the Robber's Crown is also outfitted with two LS3 Armato Ventral Missile Cannons, military-grade missile launchers that are able to make short work of any fighter unlucky enough to cross paths with the Robber's Crown. A RAAM-M3 Tactical Ordnance Jammer and AR-0B Damage Reduction Component only serve to further reinforce the ship against enemy damage.

All in all, the Robber's Crown can be an extremely potent ship, and as the personal ship of Rocho it will likely go down as one of the most notorious in the archives of the galaxy.

Changes Made: Updated squadron listing to properly reflect the rating.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Alright, Alban Roble Alban Roble ,

So again another solid-looking sub, however; you're under by two points and the whole "It's A Corvette" weakness is not gonna really work for me, at all. I'm going to ask that you adjust/edit this to be something more exploitable in PvP threads, or as I like to say, tangible. It doesn't need to be anything extreme like exposed bridges or an exhaust port but something that people can counter this with, like Ion/EMP or kinetic weapons, something.

Other than that looks good, let me know when edits have been made so I can look it over and we can get this moved to approved.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Taking a look at it and I can tell you, that you are now over by four points. My suggestion to you, if you want to keep the other ratings, is to drop the speed and maneuverability down to Very Low. This still leaves you over by one, which I'm okay with, so long as you provide me suitable weaknesses. Your current one, the "fighters" weakness doesn't work for me it's not a weakness. It still has guns and an extreme defensive rating now. However; by lowering the speed and maneuverability this will give you a tangible weakness; i.e. slow and lumbering now that it's carrying three squadrons.

Let me know once adjustments have been made to balance this out so we can move this over to pending.

Alban Roble Alban Roble

Fiolette Fortan

F
Your weaknesses look better from here, but in the future please keep in mind that for every combat strength you provide you must provide a combat weakness. Something for the other person to counter with, even the Death Star had a weakness. Alban Roble Alban Roble

I'll move this for John Locke John Locke to get a final review.

PENDING APPROVAL.

Alban Roble Alban Roble

Okay, I am being nitpicky just for clarification's sake. The Challenger is a unique/solo fighter-transport ship, so there's no need for a squadron rating with it. Just lop off that end I have highlighted and I'll stamp this approved. (Just in case anyone in the future is wondering if you have more than 1 unique veseel.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom