Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Reclamation War: A Cold Dawn | Mandalorian Enclave Populate of Scarif

aftermathheadernew.png

SEASON UNENDING: EPISODE II

THE MESSAGE HAD BEEN LOUD AND CLEAR...

The Alliance and the Jedi had been asking for it since Rodia. The attack on them had been a last, more insistent warning to leave the Enclave to their own business. To revoke their war declaration or suffer the consequences.

But the cost had been high.

Assessments needed to be made, wounded tended to, regrouping done and the way forward planned. An open meeting had been called by Vren Rook in the Assembly Theatre to open discussions on the topics to the Clans within the Enclave.

But just before the meeting, a distressed call came from Scarif…

One that would chill the blood for all who were there twenty-three years prior…

smalldivsilver.png

aftermathobj1.png

Suggested for everyone

This is a time to reflect.

Come to the meeting in the Mando’ade Assembly amphitheater close to the Coliseum, make your voice heard on the topic of the large attack that had just transpired in Alliance space, give feedback on your battles there, share your thoughts on the matter or celebrate bringing glory to the Mando’ade.

aftermathobj2.png

Suggested for warriors and hunters

From Scarif comes a call for help that would chill veterans’ bones.

In the derelict and mostly sealed Camp Phoenix Black Site from the old Confederacy reign, noises could be heard once more. Scarfians dared not open up to see what was going on inside. Instead they asked the resident Karjr in New Lessu to request investigation from the Enclave.

And they have every right to be afraid.

The younger generation of Mandalorians would have heard the stories of the devastation the Fireflash virus had caused in the old Enclave territory. The old guard would remember where it had all started.

It would be everyone’s greatest fear as they rush toward Scarif to investigate the signs of life in Camp Phoenix that shouldn’t have any.

Very carefully descend into the Black Site and keep all your sensors on alert.

Who knows what could be down in that bunker…

aftermathobj3.png

Have fun writing your own stories (and yes, this me giving you leave to write beach stories in a faction thread).​

REFERENCES:

aftermathheadernew.png

TAG: Veshok Rook Veshok Rook | Open
GEAR: In Bio
enclavediv6.png

banner9.png

LAST PALE LIGHT IN THE WEST

His head was in his hands.

Vren sat on the edge of his bed, trying to gather his thoughts before addressing the Enclave later. Lately, a lot of things were falling apart around him.

His fight on Kiffu plagued him. Raising a weapon against an old friend, one with a family, didn't sit well with him. This entire situation didn't make sense. He just couldn't figure out exactly where it went wrong - where allies had to turn on one another.

And then there was the one he would have loved to share his troubles with. They could be dysfunctional at times, but in this moment, this vulnerable moment before stepping into the role of father to a nation, he missed Tawnita Wren Tawnita Wren with all his heart. Her quips and straight shooting always managed to keep him grounded in times of strife within the Enclave.

With her in the wind again, Siv Dragr Siv Dragr out on a hunt that was taking longer than expected, Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla out on the warpath and Shai Maji Shai Maji dead, Vren's foundations were crumbling - fast. He had to dig deeper and deeper for the resolve to continue guiding the Enclave.

After an age, he rose to his feet with a sigh.

It was time.
smalldivsilver.png

aftermathobj1.png

The Guildmaster stood on the dais of the Assembly.

Not far from him were Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida and Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla .

Around him, seats were filling up with Mando'ade that heeded the call. Most armours he knew by name by now. He'd seen most of them grow old or grow up. It was all their faces that he was responsible for. That he fought for - even against old friends. It was their faces that Shai had fought against her sister for - that she had died for. That the Quartermaster had died for.

So many have come and gone - for the faces that sat around him now.

"Howdy friends!" he greeted in his typical way. Silence fell over the crowd. "Thank you for coming. It is a pleasure to see you all made it back and we celebrate those that have joined the Manda." His face went grave. "We called this Council to discuss the attack on the Alliance and our path onwards from it." He drew a heavy breath. "The Alliance had declared war on us prior to our attack. We launched the assault to send message in response. It is our hope that it had been received and heeded, though I doubt it. We believe it would be best to prepare for war." His jaw clenched by speaking these words. "It ain't solely our decision, however. So we open the floor to hear your thoughts as well as any reports of note. A warning, however. Anyone who raises a fist or weapon in this Assembly will be arrested. You wish to settle your differences the old way, the Coliseum is next door." he said. "The floor is open."

With that, he stepped off the days, eyes sweeping over the crowd to see who would step up first. With that, they fell on the new face and armour of Veshok Rook Veshok Rook . He had never seen the man before and didn't know his name, but there was something uncannily familiar about him. Vren couldn't put his finger on it, but it called to him.

He subtly drifted toward the newcomer before holding out his right hand.

"Howdy, partner. Haven't seen you around yet. Vren Rook." he introduced himself.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Scarif, The Ampitheater
| Objective | Stand up and speak truly.
| Tags | Vren Rook Vren Rook Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida

"Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum."

Every time Jenn spoke the words of remembrance, she realized just how much longer the list became. Through her voice, the fallen lived on, their names ringing eternal. Her only hope lay in the notion of others picking up the torch when she, too, would finally meet her end.

But she was tired of silence.

She was neither Karjr nor Si'kayha, and she knew just how fierce the fighting must have been for those she proudly called her people. For all of their differences, they were Mando'ade, bound to one another by ties that went deeper than most aruetii could ever hope to understand. Oh, the Kayatr'ade knew what they would tell her: that she was but a smith, whose own mission paled in comparison to their own. After all, what was a mission to capture a pair of Senators compared to the brutal fighting raging on those worlds they had struck? They were great hunters, all, and she knew they might resent judgement passed by one such as herself.

Courage is not confined to the field of battle. To stand up for what you believe in, instead of wallowing in silent regrets, is true bravery.

The Guildmaster spoke well, but her gaze did not rest upon his form. No, instead, she found herself staring a hole through the Warmaster. What was the old man thinking right now, she wondered, with his family shattered so? Did he deserve to see the consequences of his actions reach his vod'ika like this? Did any of them? Perhaps she should have gone to New Lessu with the others. Scarif was her home, far more so than Hefi or Kestri ever could be - the world itself called to her, the tides singing out to her, bringing her peace and clarity! And yet, here she was, choosing to seize this chance to speak her mind instead.

Jenn mustered to her feet, holding her helmet under her arm. How far she had come along since her days as a zealot - a fanatic, in the Warmaster's own words. And now, here she was, face bared before so many of her people, inhaling sharply through her gills as she braced herself... and spoke as plainly and dispassionately as she could.

"I know peace died on Ryloth for many of you, when those we once called allies, perhaps even friends, took up their arms against us. When the Rallymaster was taken from us. I have seen her name on so many lips since this war began - vengeance for Shai Maji Shai Maji , vengeance for the Hound. And I know many among you knew her far better than I can ever pretend to. But vengeance will bring us nowhere."

Letting her words hang in the air, she remained expectant, perhaps even afraid of all the enmity she might earn this day. In truth, she already expected her choice to speak up to earn her a few rivals. And then... she came to a realization, as she stood and looked around the crowd. To remain silent and let them dig their own grave was not loyalty - it was folly, and a disservice to her people. They would heed her words, or they would regard her as a coward: but she had to try.

"I am not here to debate how all of this started - we are well past that now. I am here to speak of the war itself, to point out to all vode here that... by fighting this war as we are, we are letting history repeat itself, again. Yes, I hear songs of our victories against great foes, just as our hand helped thrust the beskad into the heart of the Sith before. But how many times have the Mando'ade fought against insurmountable odds and lost? How many times, through our long history, have we been scattered across the stars, like so many seeds on the wind? How many times have we been reduced to nothing more than outcasts, wanderers, bounty hunters? How many times must we lose our home because of a needless, senseless war? Must we repeat the mistakes of the past, again and again, never learning from them?"

The Ersansyr had spoken with far more emotion than she had originally planned to - far more heart than she had originally cared to show, afraid the others would see such an impassioned plea as weakness. But she was well past caring now. She turned her gaze to the dais, standing up proud, unflinching, undaunted. And above all... certain. No more doubts plagued her in that moment.

"I am Jenn Kryze, and a warden of our people I remain. I will fight until the bitter and bloody end to protect our worlds, our people, and our way of life. If I must die to protect the Enclave and all that we have built, then so be it. But I will no longer follow you in your Crusade."

Independence, Duty, Honour
GREAT COUNCIL
Objective 1
Reunion

Immediate interactions: Vren Rook Vren Rook
Vicinity: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

The Mandalorians of Onderon - at least the ones under Veshok Rook - were finally there. Their community was a young one - for those who had been of fighting age a few years ago had all left for the many wars waged between Jedi, Sith and their offshoots. Some had moved on but most had perished. This truly was a new generation - one that had made their own fortune. Alone, they had gotten by and even thrived on a planet dominated by sophisticated aristocrats and mysterious beast masters. It was a consensual decision to join the Mandalorians of the Enclave, to reunite with their kin. Vesh had ensured that their entrance would be grand - for they went to Kiffu before they came to Enclave space. Their first interactions with these Mandalorians had been on the field of battle.

Tall, broad shouldered and uncustomarily fancy, the young leader stepped into the amphitheatre, followed by his second in command, a Drabatan called Togran, and two others who stood high in their hierarchy. Many others were already there and a murmur could be heard across the locale. Without a word, he moved up immediately, making his way to one of the rows farthest up, away from the centre and closer to the walls. Togran and the others followed.

Once seated, Vesh leaned forth to scan the room, carefully observing those who were there. While they may have been isolated - they were far from ignorant. Many of those attending had legacies. Some more relevant than others. Soon, his eyes - under the cover of his visor - fixed onto Vren Rook Vren Rook

The Drabatan had already removed his helmet. For a few moments, he watched the t-visor covering Veshok's eyes before asking "You looking for someone you know?"

For a few moments, the second-in-command would be met with silence. Then came a long sigh as Vesh turned to glance at his friend "Togran, who would I be looking for?"

A mellow gaze would meet the annoyed warrior. Togran tried a couple times before finding the right words, he spoke carefully "You've got people here, right?"

Vesh once more allowed for a longer pause before reacting. He looked to the three Mandalorians who had followed him there and let out a curt "You are my people"

c311c6cc2dfa704812c82b693a558c08.jpg
Then, a charismatic "Howdy friends!" rung out across the amphitheatre. The entire room fell silent - the entire room bar one man. As the man spoke, Vesh sometimes found himself nodding along to what was being said, a rather obvious show of - some sort of - agreement. It wouldn't last for long as he let out another sigh and crossed his arms over his chest. A short while would pass before he shuffled in his seat whilst shaking his head lightly. Togran gave him a quick look - this wasn't how Vesh typically behaved. Then, the young warrior's gaze fell and he took off his helmet, eyes fixed at his feet.

A low whisper from a friend: "Hey, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, just gotta get something out of my head"

Veshok was given some space. Not that there was many options - this was hardly the time or place for a conversation. Not when the grand Vren Rook was speaking. It would appear as if the young Mandalorian was lost in his thoughts - for he didn't move a muscle, even when Vren stepped off the stage and Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze took to the stage.

"Howdy, partner. Haven't seen you around yet. Vren Rook." The voice, suddenly right next to him, brought him back to the present. A hollow breath finally escaped him. While his head was still down, his gaze was no longer locked to his feet. Instead, his eyes flicked from side to side as he processed everything. A silent, barely audible "No, you haven't" fell from his lips before he regained his composure.

With a low voice as to not speak over Jenn Kryze, Vesh let out a formal "Su'cuy." The young warrior then looked up, letting his eyes meet those of his father. While the piercing gaze might have carried an odd degree of purpose and intent, the words were those of a proud leader greeting the Guildmaster of the Mandalorian Enclave "I am Veshok Rook and this is Togran. We fought on Kiffu."

aftermathobj1.png
SCGcxdj_2.png

SHIP:
  • "Ure'adtr" Howler Basilisk War Droid​
ARMOR:
WEAPONS:
ITEMS:
AMMO:

In the assembly amphitheater, a small droid suddenly whirred, projecting a large live holofeed of a Mandalorian man in shiny gold armor.
"Are you sure this is working, Artie? Oh, yes, it is. Cool. Hi, everyone. Sahan Dragr here. I'm sure you know the name; if you don't, quit living under your rock and remember it. Apologies to whomever owns this droid I hijacked for this call. I can't be there in person, because I'm answering a distress signal from Scarif, but I still want to chime in my two credits' worth.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze is right in some sense, but also wrong. This should not be about vengeance. Yes, our Rallymaster died at the hands of a so-called friend, but is that really a surprise? Well, yes it is, considering it was Shai Maji Shai Maji we're talking about, but our culture teaches us to expect, accept, and even embrace death. It is nothing new to us. We should not treat her death any differently than any other vode. They are all equally important.

No, this isn't a crusade for vengeance. It is a message. The Galaxy thinks we're week. The Alliance thinks we're week, and they want to try to use that to turn against us for their own selfish expansion. They openly declared war on us, claiming lies and falsehoods as the reason. But I have seen firsthand one of the main ones spewing such lies struck down by the Manda itself! I can think of no greater sign. We are warriors. It does not matter who it is that stands before us, if they wish to bring battle, we should answer with swords raised, to show them just how foolish they are. They will see the error of their ways and back down. The Jedi should have admitted wrong in their interference on Ryloth. That would have prevented all of this. But they want to double down and act like we're the problem. I say that proves they need a reckoning.

And, yes, we have lost many times in the past. But we always stand back up eventually. And the Manda is with us, so long as we remain honorable and keep to our Resol'nare and Catechisms. We shall prevail. We shall show the Galaxy that the Enclave, that the Mando'ade are strong. We need to put an end to the Alliance's corruption, for the benefit of the entire Galaxy. They already believe they are unstoppable. Our most recent blow to them should have shown them that this is far from true, but they are obviously stubborn and prideful. My brethren, all we need to do is humble them. Once we put them in their place, we can turn our sights to our true enemy, hiding in the Outer Rim.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Sorry I can't be there with you, Vren. Last I heard from my father, he said hi, but the link dropped. You know him, though. He'll be fine. Perhaps we can catch up sometime after this. Anyone else who needs to unload and wants to enjoy a drink, you can usually find me at White Scar or the Temple of Javarr. Signing off."

With that, the holo ended, the droid looking around, as it if it was wondering what had just happened.

aftermathheadernew.png

edge.jpg

"Buir... Elise-she... Don't cry, please. She was just fine when I saw her last. ... Yeah, she- she attacked our own vod. I don't understand it! I-... Buir, I can't stand what she's done! It hurts! Buir, it hurts! She's my sister!"

"Yael... I couldn't... do it... k-ki-illll her... couldn't... couldn't..."

"If only you were here... Father... I'm so confused!"

"Emam... my sister left me. Again... Betrayed the Enclave, my family, me! ... It hurts so bad... Emam, I wanted you. I... You make me feel better... And I feel awful right now..."

"Auntie, why did you have to die!"

"The Alliance... the traitors... all the aruetiise... will pay."

aftermathobj1.png

smalldivgold.png

Mevia Vizsla sat in a chair next to her friend, Yael Kandar Yael Kandar , who was in a wheelchair. Usually the kind to hang in the back of a room, Mevia was far closer to the front of the amphitheatre. That was where Yael wanted to be, after all. And unlike Mevia herself, Yael Kandar had great leadership potential. She deserved the honor of being up front. Even with her crippled legs, Yael was destined for greatness. Mevia had always been a more quiet and brooding soul - but today, she was especially so. Memories of the last battle kept screaming in her mind, blotting out much of the outside world. As upset as she was for Yael, Mevia could not help but fixate on her own pain. As Vren Rook Vren Rook announced the beginning of the council, Mevia continued to stare distantly downwards, towards the ground. Haunted.

And she saw that familiar bloodied, bruised, crying face staring up at her.

She squirmed uncomfortably, gritting her teeth.

She caught bits and pieces of Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze 's speech. It all was rubbish in her mind. All Mevia knew was anger. Bitterness. Resentment. Jealousy. What else was there but vengeance? Seeking vengeance and reclaiming glory was a part of who Mevia was... and a part of what being Mandalorian was. - At least, in her mind it was. But the worst part was Jenn decrying the Crusade, and announcing that she would take no part in it. Mevia looked to Yael with a shocked, furious expression. It looked like Mevia was ready to stand up and scream, by the intensity on her scrunched face. But Mevia instead whispered to her friend, hot and indignant, "The traitor!"

She looked back towards Jenn, gritting her teeth. The bitter Chiss glared intensely at the weaker vod, unable to comprehend this sort of soft hearted foolishness. In this vod... in her mother... in her sister...

Mevia clenched her fist as she thought of her sister. Angry tears clouded her red eyes.

And then, someone sensible spoke up. Through a droid's hacked comlink, Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr spoke of giving the Galaxy a message. He spoke of the glory of Mandalore rising again. He spoke of the Alliance's twisted deeds and gaslighting; and how they needed to be punished for declaring war. And every mention of SHAI today made her want to scream. But this time, there was a figment of hope beyond grief. Mevia's posture shot straight up as she looked at the droid with fire and brimstone intensity.

"Yes!"

She was at the edge of her seat, watching with raw ire and purpose wrecking her body. She was reminded of what she was fighting for... and that the sister she had spared was against it.

You were the one who taught me to fight, ori'vod! Why turn into such a low worm now?

Her thoughts once again sunk low into bitterness and grief. She looked down again, face contorted in a look of anguish and perturbation.

smalldivgold.png

Untitled812_20230801212140.png

aftermathobj1.png
Objective: Great Council
Tag: Vren Rook Vren Rook Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze Veshok Rook Veshok Rook Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr
Equipment: In bio

Untitled852_20230922221809.png

Celt Saxon was here to represent her clan at the great council and had come in her full armour with her helmet clipped to her waist exposing her long reagents hair. The Alor'ad was, like many of her Vod, freshly returned from the invasion into alliance space and her armour still showed the scorching from blaster hits. Those repairs would be her next job, it would be a good excuse to go amd visit her friend, foremaster Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla .

After a few others spoke, Celt took her turn, speaking loudly and proudly.

This recent military action has been hard, it has been brutal, but seeing the way my vod, all my vod, have performed has made me feel honoured to call myself a mandalorian.

As many have said, we cannot be perceived to be weak. The Jedi wanted this war, their leadership have been clamouring for the Alliance to declare war ever since one of their own was caught performing espionage on Kestri. For millenia, since the great wars, the Mandalorians have drawn the ire of the Jedi for our steadfast refusal as a culture to bend the knee to whichever government sit on coruscant.

The waning of the Enclave years ago was a gift to them, but now they fear our strength. Why else do we run into Jedi and their allies at every turn, even tens of thousands of light years away from their territory, they hope to keep us in check before we regrow out influence. By striking hard we can hope to win battles of the future against this much larger foe, without even fighting them."

She took a pause and looked at Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze .

"I would like to honour the representative from clan Kryze for her boldness of speaking her truth here, I disagree with many of her sentiments but she is not alone on having them and it is something that this council must respect in order to maintain cohesion within the Enclave.

Clan Saxon, along with others have been and will continue to be the tip of the Spear that shall thrust into battle. A spear can only thrust if its shaft is strong and true. Mandalorians like Jenn Kryze stand as our shaft. If she is willing to die to protect our homes, and I do not for a moment doubt her words, then we can strike harder and further, knowing that should the Alliance attack us where we live, our loved ones shall be defended."
she looked again at Jenn before turning to readdress the triumvirate.

She grinned, she had been called a warmonger by some of her peers, but sometimes a short conflict was better than a long drawn out lack of true peace.

"We need to keep up the pressure, force them to sue for peace, we have little to gain from taking territory from the aruetii alliance. A line in space can be drawn over which neither of us cross. Not that I expect the Jedi to honour such things."

She ended and ceded the floor to the next speaker.

bVL50ov.png

C a r e e n a _ F e t t
| Location | Mando'ade Assembly
| Objective | Gauge their worth
| Focus | Open
The solitary Alor of clan Fett leaned forward in the saddle of their Basilisk Dha Prudii as it sailed across the clouded skies of Scariff, a mere shadow like that of a hawk at home in the skies. There were few things that drew Careena away from the old Mandalore sector apart from supply raids and distress signals of fellow Mandalorians, having spent the past decade or so pillaging Sith and Imperial resources while gathering any outcast or distressed Mandalorians in the old Mandalorian sector, but today was one of those few and far-between reasons for which she made her journey. The Enclave had been making quite a stir in the Galaxy, rallying Mandalorians under a banner once more and as expected to tread down the warpath once again.
Careena had never herself been associated with the Enclave, recalling back to its earlier days when they tried to be divisive against her and the Sons of Mandalore despite her calls to set aside petty squabbles in the face of a greater adversary, to fight under noble cause in a campaign of vengeance against Sith. Of course, they cast her aside as a traitor for wanting to side with Imperials, but given the time, there was little choice but to take whatever allies would be willing to wage war against a dynasty - but in the end they won. They had managed to send the Sith scattering to the other side of the Galaxy with their tails between their legs.
The Enclave had called a council and news of it had reached Careena early enough for her to arrive on time as her Basilisk arrived near the Colosseum, Dha Prudii landed on one of the platforms as Careena swiftly disembarked and landed with boots on solid ground. Her arrival was met with mixed reception. Many of those present looked to her not knowing her identity at all, some upon her with disdain upon recognizing that she was not of the Enclave; however, all still retained an air of respect in this gathering meant to decide the path for a majority of the Mandalorians. She strode to the assembly and stood tall, her arms crossed in front of her chest as she had arrived just as the talks started.
Waves quickly swept the assembly as Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze took to speaking their mind first. Like Careena, the Kryze seemed to have come expecting to bring some wisdom and reason to the Enclave. She spoke truth of the Mandalorians' successes but also of their failures. While Mandalorians prided themselves in their fierce independence, resolve and determination could only take them so far in a fight against a galactic superpower. It was why the Sons of Mandalore had allied with the New Imperial Order to strike down a common enemy in the Sith, rather than facing obliteration by attempting to take them head-on by themselves. In a fight against the Galactic Alliance, the allies they could call upon to aid them in such an endeavor were few and far between, and she would kill any here who would dare to ever ally with Sith. They would have to be strategic and remain two steps ahead of a power that had numbers and resources that dwarfed their own.
Several other members present began to voice their thoughts and opinions, weighing against the Kryze as Careena observed in silence. If there were any further shared interests and thoughts to be given by those present then perhaps she herself would speak. Regardless, she intended to aid the Enclave with whatever resources and Mandalorians that she had within the last decade, granted they had something productive other than some poorly thought out and suicidal strategy going forward. The lives of those entrusted to her were not anything she was willing to sacrifice if she did not believe that the outcome of it all would be worth the cause.

Last edited:

DnA0tMA.png

aftermathobj1.png

| Location | Mando'ade Assembly
| Objective | Weigh in
| Tags | Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze Celt Saxon Celt Saxon Careena Fett Careena Fett Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla

In the back of the assembly sat Herrel Eldar. It was a considerate choice of seats, any closer would have meant blocking the view of those behind. From there he sat and listened. He listened to the Guildmaster's opening speech as he opened the floor. It was a fine speech, the first time that Herrel had heard the Guildmaster in person. But it was when one of Clan Kryze began to speak that Harrel leaned forward in interest. She spoke of the war and of their people's history, ultimately renouncing the Crusade. Then a droid projected an image of one of Clan Dragr, who spoke for the Crusade. He spoke of sending the galaxy a message, of humbling the Alliance before moving on to further enemies. A warrior of Clan Saxon stepped up next, and she mirrored the sentiments of the one before. Albeit with more respect for the Kryze's choice to remain behind and defend The Enclave's holdings.

When she finished saying her piece, Herrel stood. He made his way to the dais, careful not to unintentionally push or shove the Mandalorians which sat before him. A task easier said then done for a Mandalorian of his height and weight. But he managed it and made his way to stand upon the dias. He stood tall then, turning his helmet to take in the great crowd. The Mando'ade. His people. He spoke then. Within his helmet just chirps and buzzes. But the vocoder transformed them into his true voice, the voice of a Mando.

"I am Herrel of Clan Eldar, Chaaj of the Mandokarla, and I will now speak."

"Five thousand years ago Mandalore the Indomitable spoke of Ani'la Akaan. The Great Last Battle. His Crusaders faced theirs at Onderon. Mandalore the Ultimate's Neo-Crusaders found theirs at Malachor V. Satine Kryze's New Mandalorians and Pre Vizlas' Death Watch fought theirs on Mandalore. Great trials that the Mando'ade of days past failed."

Herrel was quiet for a moment then. Perhaps his people's history gave him pause. But it was not long before he continued.

"Catechism XV. Victory proves the right to exist. All previous Mandalorian societies ultimately failed to do so. Ours is a history of birth, death, and rebirth. A people that waxes and wanes, ebbs and flows. Now we are tested. Either our strength will carry us through this trial or once again we will be forced to change."

The sound of a fist impacting beskar resounded through the assembly as Herrel struck his own chest plate. An edge of passion crept into the vocoder's calm delivery, a mirror of the feelings expressed in chirps only Herrel could hear.

"The aruetti do not matter to me. I am Mandokarla. Where the Mando'ade go, I follow. We crusade, I crusade. We stay, I stay. Aliit ori'shya taldin."

As the final phrase was said Herrel bowed his head to the assembly, stepping down from the dais afterward and returning to his seat.

aftermathobj1.png

:: Mando'ade Assembly Amphitheater

Runi Kuriyda stood off to one side of the dais where some came to address the Council. Her hazel eyes were crisp in the lighting of the chamber. A shawl of black feathers ringed the Speaker's neck above the mixture of beskar and leather. Her face relaxed, but her body poised and ready to respond if need be. The Mandokarla were of the Mando'ade, but they were not toothless. Arms crossed, she watched as Vren Rook Vren Rook took to bringing the session to order.

It was Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze that sought to make the first move. A bold move. Someone eager to espouse the needs of their people, and turn from the promise of warfare. Was that the Way of the Mandalorian? Much debate had there been of late on that. Similar gatherings over time of people concerned about the direction the Enclave was headed. Runi was there to protect the voice of people like Jenn -- and later of Herrel Eldar Herrel Eldar -- as the homefront was so often forgotten in the fervor of war. Even Celt Saxon Celt Saxon supported those whose passion was not for the blood letting, while their personal pursuits lay in that arena; which was as much as could be asked of a warrior. Temperance. Tolerance, even.

Some found it easier than others. The Speaker's eyes slowly scanned the crowd. The ire that burned within Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla was hard to miss, and she would not be alone. It seemed the momentum had been found in this conflict. It was, as some like Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr had said in a fashion, their way. Whether they would emerge victorious and what they said of them as a people, however... well, in a different setting Runi might have spoken on that topic. Here and now was not the time or place.

Better that the people state their peace for it to be heard, and that they did not feel someone of authority might be indirectly instructing them to silence.

Was the Crusade for the betterment of the Mando'ade? Was there an overwhelming need to retort to the Jedi's movements? There was no knowing before the matters were settled one way or the other. Runi did not favor the suffering, toil, and loss of those before her or elsewhere that held to the Manda. Her eyes turned in the direction of Vren and then Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla . Vengeance and correction were poor substitutes for the well-being of their people. If the campaign must continue, then it must, but Runi too believed in ensuring it only went so far. Too easily could a commander had glory or emotion cloud their judgment and an endless war begin ending in utter ruin as Jenn had warned.

"No, you haven't"

Vren couldn't hear what he said but saw his lips move ever so slightly as the young man was still looking at his feet.

A frown creased his brows. Was he going deaf or was it odd?

But then the young man's greeting eased Vren's confusion for a moment. A welcoming smile and nod was given by the Karjr. But as the lad met his eyes, another feeling tugged at Vren that he couldn't explain. The greeting said one thing, but what he saw on the face of the young man said something completely different. Should he know this man?

He glanced at the different opinions being raised. Most recent was Herrel Eldar Herrel Eldar on the dais who sounded like he was talking sense. He briefly looked at Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida . Very subtly, he motioned for her to take notes for him. She knew first hand how short his attention span was in politics. He wouldn't have made two steps as Guildmaster and politician if it wasn't for her. This was always Volo's thing. Vren was content to hunt Vong and shoot criminals until Kranak had dragged his ass back to Kestri.

"I am Veshok Rook and this is Togran. We fought on Kiffu."

He looked back at the young man and, this time, he didn't hide his frown as he met his eyes.
"Thank you for your support on the battlefield." he said. "I must say I haven't come across another Rook for quite a while. There aren't many of us left. From where do y'all come from?" Aside from himself and Korso Rook Korso Rook , the rest that he knew of, served the Sith. Quickest way to separate the wheat from the chaff, was to get to the roots. Finding out where they were from would determine if they remained free or had to be interrogated. But there was still something about the young man's face that nagged at the back of his mind. His face was that of a stranger, yet so familiar.

It was unsettling.

aftermathobj2.png

TAGS: Open
GEAR: In bio

Yuri stood in front of the main gate of the old Confederacy camp for a long while, one hand rested on his pistol while the other idly hung by his side. He remembered the stories of what people told him. The horrors that came out of this camp and the destruction it brought to the Enclave. A faint shiver ran down his spine as he scanned the surroundings for a moment before stepping foot into the perimeter.

After his mother's... passing... the young Shistavanen decided to integrate himself more seriously into the Enclave's business. Baby steps, of course. He wasn't a soldier and he had no aspirations to be one. That business belonged to his mother and his sisters. But apparently Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla decided to attend to the council meeting and Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira had gallivanted off to help the Galactic Alliance.

The Jedi.

That was why he went to uncle Vren Rook Vren Rook and joined the Karjr. Yuri knew the outer rim and he knew how to ride solo. And it still gave him a means to track and hunt Jedi. He still had vigorously mixed feelings about his aunt, but the Jedi? They were going to die and their temples were going to burn. He would make sure of that, one way or another.

But a hunt like that would have to wait. For now, the distress call from Camp Phoenix had to be investigated first. A camp that was supposed to be sealed off laid unguarded and derelict. He checked his weapons and pressed on, unsure if he even had support on this mission. As far as he knew, he was alone and the first to respond. Of course the rookie had to go in first.

:: Enclave personnel, this is Vandal. If anyone is responding to the distress beacon, give a heads up. I'm going in. :: He broadcasted over his comms as he drew his pistol, just in case.

GREAT COUNCIL
Objective 1
Reunion

Vicinity: Oh so many

The conversation was slow. It had to be, seeing as how it was taking place whilst others were speaking. Vesh had already returned his attention to the podium when the guildmaster thanked him. At first, he just nodded. Then came a somewhat bitter "I take my duties seriously"

The Drabatan second-in-command leaned in with a sly grin "We all know you did it for the fight, Vesh"

Where Togran might have expected a chuckle in return, he received none. Veshok turned to his friend slowly and gave him a serious look before returning his attention to the current speaker. Togran's brows rose and he subtly leaned back against the wall upon realising that he had stepped on a nerve.

Vren continued with the same charming tone as he always seemed to carry. His son maintained his own reserved and professional demeanour that he had tried to display throughout the conversation. "Onderon" It was a half-truth at best. Certainly not what would answer the Guildmaster's true question - for Togran and the others weren't Rooks and he himself was not born on Onderon.

When Vesh looked back to the podium next, he no longer seemed to be listening to what was being said. He was to deep in his own thoughts. Finally, he turned back to Vren and gazed at him, trying to figure everything out. It was the same gaze that his mother had given him whenever he did something illogical that only a child would do.

Forgoing any etiquette, Vesh repositioned. He was no longer paying half attention to Vren and half attention to the speakers. Instead, he turned directly to face the Guildmaster. Naturally, he'd still keep his voice low as to not disturb the others. "You don't know, do you?" The question was as sincere as it could be, seeing as he was decently sure of the answer. What followed was not quite as impersonal as before - but still a little more professional than what might have been appropriate. "I'm not one to beat around the bush, so I'll just spit it out. You're my father." A brief pause followed - but Vesh would continue before giving his old man a chance to respond "It's no big deal, just answers some of those questions for ya, y'know? I'm pretty happy doing my own thing and you've got an important job to do here. So let's just get back to it and see what this guy has to say." he nodded to the Talz.

aftermathobj2.png

ACKLAY
CAMP PHOENIX | SCARIF
TAG: Yuri Maji Yuri Maji | Open

smalldivsilver.png

banner.png

SACRED STONES

The siege had been hell.

Gailen was more than glad to get back in Enclave space. They had been victorious in the breach and sacking, but it had been a hell of a fight to get to it. The siege lasted longer than it should have. They should have expected that from a people that lived in a void. But hopefully them breaking through delivered the message to the Alliance - stay away or we do worse.

For Gail personally - he just wanted to get home and meet up with Yael Kandar Yael Kandar .

But the Galaxy had other ideas. Before they even landed on Kestri after the attack, they were deployed to Scarif for a situation there. Battle-weary Si'kahya were silent in the dropship as they were taken down to the surface. In their minds were the stories. Gailen himself had been but a small lad when it happened. But they all knew what had been unleashed from Enclave. They all hoped it was bandits and not something worse. None of them were exactly fresh enough for that.

Touching down, Gailen finally spoke up.
"I know we're all tired. But these people need our help. The Enclave saved them once from certain decimation. We can do it again. Let's help these people keep their faith in the Mando'ade." he said, the dark circles just as prominent under his eyes as they were under his men's.
Everyone nodded wearily but with smiles nonetheless. Then they all filed out of the ship to stand in front of the gates.

:: Enclave personnel, this is Vandal. If anyone is responding to the distress beacon, give a heads up. I'm going in. ::
Gail's blood chilled.
<Vandal, this is Acklay. Two squads of Si'kahya coming in now. Stay where you are. We'll move forward together.> he responded immediately. He'd rather they all stick together before they fire on their own. Everyone's nerves were frayed.

With that, Gailen led his Vode into the bunker itself.

The inside looked like a nightmare, yet normal. Skeletons littered the hallways from a fight long past. The old guard hadn't dared remove the bodies because of what they carried. The bunker literally looked like a place that had been sealed for decades.

A tomb.

Thermals took over as they moved through the dark hallways, following the trail left by "Vandal".

Hopefully had listened and stayed put.

aftermathobj2.png
SCGcxdj_2.png

SHIP:
  • "Ure'adtr" Howler Basilisk War Droid​
ARMOR:
WEAPONS:
ITEMS:
AMMO:

"Too bad this isn't outside. I'd rather be in the sky..." Sahan sighed to himself. The inside of the bunker was quite eerie. Having grown up at White Scar, Sahan had not actually heard all the stories others his age might have about the Fireflash virus. He really had not heard much more than that it had caused a lot of devastation. But, he figured he would be fine with his sealed armor to keep any potentially living strains. Still, if it did survive, perhaps he could take samples back to the Kyron lab he had uncovered under the Temple of Javarr.

Sahan poked a skeleton that was leaned against a wall, but instead of just clattering to the floor like he expected, the bones crumbled to dust. "How odd." He had left Gold outside. The Basilisk was simply too big to keep from wrecking things. Sahan had given Jericho some time off shortly before answering the request from the Scarif Karjr. As a high-ranking member himself, he felt obligated to check it out, but right now, he was really wishing he had someone with him.

:: Enclave personnel, this is Vandal. If anyone is responding to the distress beacon, give a heads up. I'm going in. ::

Sahan grinned as he heard the message. Maji maybe was not his most favorite person in the Galaxy, being the troublemaker that he was, but he was still a vod, and it was still better than being alone. Another message came in behind Maji's.

<Vandal, this is Acklay. Two squads of Si'kahya coming in now. Stay where you are. We'll move forward together.>

This made Sahan groan. He liked and respected Gail just fine, but even just one whole squad of Si'kayha could be annoying for Karjr, much less two. Sahan hated it himself, but sometimes there was beef between the two groups on who was superior. He personally did not care, having trained in the Si'kayha training grounds. Perhaps the squads with Gail would recognize who he was and not be difficult to get along with.

<Vandal and Acklay, this is Iron Falcon. Can you hear me? I'm already down here. What are your positions? Good to no longer be alone. Just be sure to stay sealed. I haven't detected anything yet, but it's best to stay safe.>

With both Maji and Keldau somewhere close, Sahan debated whether he should stay put and wait or try to find them. A scan showed nobody close, but he was also experiencing some kind of glitch in his system, and he could not reach Artus at all. At least he was no longer alone....

aftermathobj2.png

TAGS: Gailen Keldau Gailen Keldau | Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr

To Yuri's surprise, and relief, another voice spoke up over the comms. Thankfully he wouldn't have to sift through this tomb alone. With a squad of Siks as backup on top of it all. :: Copy that, Acklay, holding position. :: He answered as he came to a halt. Even through his helmet's filters he could smell the stench of age and decay, the faint hints of ozone that still lingered in the sealed tomb. Probably too faint for anyone else to smell, though an unnerving scent to say the least.

The sights didn't help either. Skeletons, blaster marks, charred remains from flamethrowers, a battlefield if there ever was one. Just how bad was this sickness?

He didn't linger too long, however, as a second voice perked up over the comms.

<Vandal and Acklay, this is Iron Falcon. Can you hear me? I'm already down here. What are your positions? Good to no longer be alone. Just be sure to stay sealed. I haven't detected anything yet, but it's best to stay safe.>

"Iron Falcon?" Yuri muttered to himself with a faint snicker. :: Copy that, Iron. Broadcasting my location to y'all. :: He answered over the comms. In the meantime, gears began to turn in his head as he looked at a few skeletons around him. A naughty grin crept up as he tugged at his grappling line...

By the time Gailen and Sahan closed in on his headstart, the Shistavanen was nowhere to be found despite the beacon he activated for them. At least until a makeshift tripwire was hit and a few charred skeletons fell from the ceiling on top of the unified squad. A few moments after the initial scare, Yuri emerged from the shadows with a laughing fit. "Timbers shivered, huh?!" He remarked as he regained his composure, though a parsec-long grin was still plastered along his features beneath his helmet.

Onderon.

That slightly put Vren's mind at ease. It wasn't one of the known Sith-operation planets at least. Not yet, at any rate.

He glanced down at the stage again. He should be moving back that way before Runi went after him with one of her stick along with the rest of the Enclave. But confusion held him in place for the moment.

"You don't know, do you?"

Vren looked back at the young man and then his whole world exploded.

There aren't really things in the Galaxy that could shock Vren into inaction anymore. He'd seen a lot of strange things in his time in it. Had almost paid with his life on quite a couple of those instances. But no war or surviving otherworldly events could prepare you for the greatest shock of them all.

Meeting your child that you didn't know existed.

Vren staggered back as if he'd been slapped, all colour drained from his usually tanned face. He looked at Veshok with disbelief but the boy's features didn't lie. Now that he knew, he could see Tawnita as well as himself in them.

The slaughtered veteran finally drew a breath as he looked away over the crowd but not seeing them. His head was racing, catching up with everything. And then his features hardened. With the flip of a coin, it wasn't the charismatic father of a nation that had been gobsmacked standing there. Instead, it was the tall and deadly Guildmaster of the Enclave.
"None of you are permitted to leave Kestri without my leave." he stated coolly before turning his back on his son and walking back in the general direction of the dais.

Taking his place next to Kranak and Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida .
"What did I miss?" he asked her quietly yet coolly.

Being who she was, she would see the shift in his demeanour immediately.

aftermathobj1.png

:: Mando'ade Assembly Amphitheater

Runi's hazel eyes lingered on Vren Rook Vren Rook as the man expected her to take care of the 'paperwork' for the gathering. Such was the responsibility of the faction that took care of the homefront. No, it was not full of glory or riches, and rarely were epic ballads comprised on the matter, but it was necessary; consequentially some people -- Vren -- expected the same to extend in many other facets of governance. Well, it was difficult to effectively argue the matter as he was a social butterfly. Very well couldn't shackle him and Kranak down to the dais and make the masses feel their leaders were out of touch by holding themselves aloft.

A complication Runi was certain the man played to his advantage. Much like his 'wild' demeanor before diplomats.

"Speak and be heard," the Speaker of the Mandokarla intoned to bid others to participate in communal discourse. It was the opportunity for even the least accomplished warrior to have their voice heard. Though Runi wouldn't fault someone for staying silent afraid of being too young or unaccomplished to find themselves honored by this opportunity. No fault in having felt it, but it would be a squandered opportunity by those in attendance if they had something on their mind.

Almost nearly as quickly as that unfolded, Vren returned. Runi turned her head slightly to regard the man. His return was too sudden. He only availed himself of a single warrior? Unlike his cheerful persona to be content with that little.

"Some find favor in the Crusade. Others do not and fear, collectively, we will lose more than we gain in its pursuit." She paused for just a moment after the simple summation of transpiring events. "Does something weigh on your thoughts, Brother?"

:: OPEN

aftermathobj1.png

Tomaj sat quietly as people spoke. He had nothing to add himself. The Eldar Shaman was a high ranking member of the Mandokarla and did not care much either way for expressing or denouncing the dominance or the Mando'ade. He respected each view equally. Maintaining a connection and relationship with the Manda and helping each vod along his or her Path was much more important to the large Leonid. That did not mean he would not fight. He most certainly would, if the Manda willed it. He would gladly put his life on the line for any of his brethren, if such was necessary. He had lived a long, long time, after all, even if he could not remember much of it, for whatever reason.

After Herrel Eldar Herrel Eldar took his seat from giving his words, Tomaj placed a hand on the younger but slightly taller Eldar. "Well said, Herrel'ad. You make both the Mandokarla and Clan Eldar proud. You will make an excellent Y'ivra one day."

Tomaj noticed some odd interaction between Guildmaster Vren Rook Vren Rook and another younger vod who looked oddly like Vren... Tomaj chuckled silently to himself. Looked like the man's past was catching up to him in a way he never expected. It made Tomaj wonder if he had any biological children out there in the Galaxy. He had so much of his long life that he could not remember, including the reason why he never seemed to age at all. Perhaps one day, the Manda would allow him to learn of his past. He would welcome it if so, but he would not worry about until then.

Last edited:
GREAT COUNCIL
Objective 1
Reunion

Vicinity: Oh so many
Note: Returning to normal post order, will likely go after Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Vesh had remained distant, reserved and cool for the duration of their brief interactions. He had been professional, even as he revealed what he knew and Vren did not. But his eyes betrayed him. For while his expression remained formidably neutral, his eyes were scanning the old warrior intensely, bouncing from feature to feature as he observed his father go pale and bleak.

When Vren's features hardened, Vesh's eyes darted away to avoid his gaze. But just as quick as he had looked away, the young Mandalorian steeled himself and looked back into his father's eyes. While there was no real defiance in it all, he clenched his jaw and did his very best not to look weak or subservient in front of the hard gaze of the Enclave's Guildmaster.

Only when hearing about being grounded did his brows rise in surprise. Veshok's steady voice - the one his own followers were used to hearing, rung out "That's not f-" The sentence was cut short as the broad-shouldered warrior bit his tongue. He let out a long but silent breath and finished with a low "Understood."

His eyes followed the Guildmaster as he moved back to the centre stage. Once Vren was there, Vesh leaned back and crossed his arms before tilting his head to Togran and the others who were there with him "I'm really sorry about this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom