Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech RB-02 "Salt" Rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
lVaIx4G.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Star Wars version of ‘Depleted Uranium Rounds’ with a twist.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: Radiation Bomb.
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Radiation Bomb
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions
  • Model: RB-02 “Salt” Rounds
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Modularity: Various calibers are available.
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Radiation Bomb Components │ Militarized Shaped Charge │ Cobalt
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Armor Piercing Rounds
  • Radioactive Payload
  • Heavy Stopping Power
  • Flechette Wings
Strengths:
  • Three Stage Detonation -
    • A complicated and powerful round, each ‘fallout’ is capable of not only penetrating light armor, but destroying whatever is behind it. Each round contains not only minitarized computer components capable of precise timing, but an initial 'bunker buster' style shaped charge to help penetrate armor without damaging the sensitive components inside. This begins when the bullet is fired, and continues through every stage of its life.

Weaknesses:
  • Jaeger Exclusive -
    • Without a Jaeger weapon with proper technology there is very little in options other can utilize the 'Salt' rounds with. While the power is still very capable, without something like “The Vora” to utilize it, there isn’t much one could do, creating a very significant drop in accuracy otherwise. Due to a limited amount of Jaeger Products that utilize this technology, this makes the rounds relatively situational unless already deep within Jaeger's capitalist control.
  • EMP Sensitive -
    • Should the rounds be exposed to high levels of electricity, a radiant ion blast, or any such anti electrical system, each would be made completely negated in activation. This means not only those in flight, but those on reserves and back up as well, should they not be stored in a proper faraday caged magazine or backup hold.
  • Hard Headed -
    • While the initial shaped charge helps bust through light forms of armor, the round itself does not carry enough weight nor power to break through heavier set plates. This makes a glaring weakness in the fact that armored personnel, lightly armored vehicles, and more all have the capacity to ignore much of the damage this would be able to do compared to if penetration was involved.

DESCRIPTION

Jaeger Solutions continues pushing forward the limits of war based technologies, and in this they seek another continued expansion. This day, they seek to ruin what biological material exists behind the armor, and to do this they miniaturized another product they have had resounding success with. The HVC-369 was a cannon capable of untold destruction, and helped to revolutionize fleet to fleet engagements, and so this same train of thought was applied on a far smaller scale with equally large results.
Insert the “Salt”, a round that acts like a self contained tomb world with each expulsion of the barrel. Although lacking the massive megaton load a more traditional bomb may have, this round focuses more on the resulting rain rather than the initial blast. Each contains a mixture of cobalt around a very small radiation bomb; created what is generally considered a ‘Salted’ round; with a half life of nearly five and a half years. This creates a very grueling task of cleanup, and more importantly a highly localized radiation zone in whatever the target is. Most notably, this is extremely effective against lightly armored biological enemies, but is capable of disrupting sensitive processing amongst synthetics as well.
This rounds works in three stages, each of which will be explained in a summarized fashion. The first is the initial firing, a mixture of computerized calculations and flechette styled rounds sending forth an unruly payload. Once closer, the same laser system will test the distance to the target, taking instant choices on if the initial shaped charge would be sufficient to push through or not. Once determined, and the charge either goes off or doesn't, the round itself seek to shred through whatever is beneath and end up within the target within short order.
Once inside, the second stage begins; once inside either a biological subject, or inside an unarmored vehicle, the rounds second charge will begin. This is entirely an internal explosion, and contained with the strict purpose of creating the fallout. Cobalt is altered from its traditional state into a separate isotope, one capable of lasting for far longer than more traditional radiation forms. This customized behavior gives it the nickname of ‘Salted’, and able to decimate most biological materials with ease. Once proper levels of the isotope are detected, the third stage is ignited to spread it.
The third stage is what the round is known for, an area-of-effect expulsion throws all the material pent up within the round in a one meter radius should it be unhindered by bodily organs or solid matieral. Inside of a target, this can open up a small cavity and spread the radioactive material inside them with little hesitance. The process is brutal, and the lasting effects are equally destructive; but any who are on the receiving end of the round realize why it shouldn't be used.
In our trying times, Jaeger Solutions abandons short term morality for what should be always the end result. ‘Total War’, a strategy which involves destroying and maiming every sense of security an enemy holds. Instead of a simply blaster round, or bullet shredding muscle, this will not only leave a small cavity in them but a radioactive process leftover that is difficult to clean and treat; leaving most traditional fighters out of commission for years to come. To end the conflict quickly is to save lives, and Jaeger Solutions seeks to do just this.
There is no equal.

Last edited:
The Slave said:
Highly Illegal - Due to the process in which these rounds work, most conflicts involving them will most likely restrict them to generally frowned upon acts. Utilizing one in the battlefield would likely result in a diplomatic affair most major factions wouldn’t care to deal with, but assassins and the like would care far less about.
This is not a viable weakness. Please remove it.

These rounds have high stopping power, detect what material they are facing find 'routines' to counter it, shred it, enter the target and deliver a lethal 'dose' ofradiation. While they also can adjust their flight path midway.

This needs reworking, although I might be able stamp it if they were unique considering how powerful these are.

What are your thoughts?

Therran Graush said:
This is not a viable weakness. Please remove it.
Was mostly flavor, but removed at request.

As far as reworking, the round itself is based on another Jaeger system; though the tracking could be taken off entirely if needed. More importantly the shaped charge is to penetrate light armor, while the radiation is meant to counter biological entities. Of course, this is certainly a powerful set up; but I'm willing to listen to suggestions on balancing the submission.

Did you have any initial points you'd like me to alter, weaken, or otherwise change? I'd prefer to keep it at mass production, as I'm unsure how a 'Unique' form of ammunition would act; considering its made bullet by bullet rather than singular bullet entity.

[member="Therran Graush"]

[member="The Slave"]

A unique form of ammunition would act as an ammunition only one PC character can use.

The submission needs heavy reworking to the point I believe it will disrupt the initial conceptual idea of it.

Nonetheless, to make this viable for a mass-produced ammo. Every flight path correction and material counter routine process are to be entirely removed. Moreover, every wording comparing this to 'mini-nuke' or radiation bomb is to be removed because the way it reads makes it seem as if one is firing literally a nuke in a round. Also as a viable weakness, which can be found reading the submission and as you mentioned earlier, would probably be its weaker capabilities against medium & heavy armored foes.

I'll remove the flight correction, but as far as the material counter; would it be reasonable to keep the initial shape charge for armor penetration but remove any instance of 'advanced matieral counter'? It wasn't my initial goal in the submission for these to bust through just about anything and was more flavor text.

I'll also add in a weakness to harder cased enemies.

Therran Graush said:
Moreover, every wording comparing this to 'mini-nuke' or radiation bomb is to be removed because the way it reads makes it seem as if one is firing literally a nuke in a round.
Additionally, I'm unsure how this would work. Theres very few comparisons to actual nukes, and the thing itself is strictly meant to follow the 'dirty bomb' style set up. That is to say, there is no nuclear explosion; only the radioactive isotope that would follow. Even the Canon 'Radiation Bomb' makes no use of actual explosives; so would this explanation suffice? Or is there a specific sentence or wording you'd like me to change in particular?

The Slave said:
The first is the initial firing and tracking of the target, a mixture of computerized tracing and flechette styled rounds sending forth an unruly payload
This is the remnant of the tracking system in the description. Forgot about it. Take this out and I can stamp this.

[member="The Slave"]

[member="The Slave"]

The Slave said:
Without a Jaeger weapon with proper technology, from barrel to computerized targeting,
Computerized targeting needs to be removed.

The Slave said:
Once closer, the same laser system will test the refractive index of whatever material it faces, taking instant choices on if the initial shaped charge would be sufficient to push through or not.
As discussed earlier - no counter material routines. Remove this too.

The Slave said:
Each round contains not only minitarized computer components capable of precise timing
Remnant from the targeting stuff. Please remove.

Therran Graush said:
Computerized targeting needs to be removed.
Removed.

Therran Graush said:
As discussed earlier - no counter material routines. Remove this too.
Removed the 'refractive index' part. The initial shape charge is still present in plenty of places; is that alright? Its pretty minor, but I can rework a few paragraphs if you want that removed too.

Therran Graush said:
Remnant from the targeting stuff. Please remove.
This is actually a mention to the three stages of each round, rather than targeting. Timing is in reference to when each round goes off.

Is this satisfactory?

[member="The Slave"]

The Slave said:
the round itself will shred through whatever is beneath and end up within the target within short order.
The Slave said:
Inside of a target, this will open up a small cavity and spread the radioactive material inside them with little hesitance.
These are both written in definitive language (that is to say, these quotes state what will happen, not what this is capable of potentially doing). You can reword these to be very clear that this isn't a definitive result, or you can remove them. This submission will not be approved unless one of the two choices are taken.

The Slave said:
an area-of-effect expulsion throws all the material pent up within the round in a one meter radius
This would be a two-meter diameter, which is larger than most fully grown humans, and is certainly not:
The Slave said:
Inside of a target, this will open up a small cavity
A small cavity would be several centimeters, perhaps a handful - like ten - not one hundred centimeters, or a meter, from the center in every direction. I would suggest you reduce the explosive radius, otherwise I'm going to need you to make this ammunition quite a bit larger than something designed to penetrate normal light armor.

The Slave said:
Instead of a simply blaster round, or bullet shredding muscle, this will not only leave a small cavity in them but a radioactive process leftover that is difficult to clean and treat; leaving most traditional fighters out of commission for years to come.
The Slave said:
A complicated and powerful round, each ‘fallout’ is capable of not only penetrating armor, but destroying whatever is behind it.
The Slave said:
Each contains a mixture of cobalt around a very small radiation bomb; created what is generally considered a ‘Salted’ round; with a half life of nearly five and a half years.
This is reading as something similar to what a weapon with an Extreme Stopping power rating would carry, and currently we do not permit any submission to carry an extreme rating at mass production. You can lower this production to limited, or you can tone down how effective you are describing this as.

The Slave said:
the round itself does not carry enough weight nor power to break through heavier set plates.
Everything I've quoted above, and several more areas in the description, does not support this statement, nor anything else in this weakness. In fact, here's a quote from your description:

The Slave said:
Once inside, the second stage begins; once inside either a biological subject, or inside a vehicle, the rounds second charge will begin. This is entirely an internal explosion, and contained with the strict purpose of creating the fallout. Cobalt is altered from its traditional state into a seperate isotope, one capable of lasting for far longer than more traditional radiation forms. This customized behavior gives it the nickname of ‘Salted’, and able to decimate most biological materials with ease. Once proper levels of the isotope are detected, the third stage is ignited to spread it.
You directly state that this is intended to be used on vehicles, despite the above-quoted weakness also saying:

The Slave said:
This makes a glaring weakness in the fact that armored personnel, vehicles, and more all have the capacity to ignore much of the damage this would be able to do compared to if penetration was involved.
Which implies that this round is incapable of penetrating armored vehicles and personnel. This is also directly contradicted by the strength you have listed, here:

The Slave said:
each ‘fallout’ is capable of not only penetrating armor, but destroying whatever is behind it.
Please amend your strength, weaknesses, and description so that none of the three are contradicting each other. If you wish for this submission to be as powerful as it is being described, in the description, to be, or how your strength is describing it to be (which is in agreement with your description, while contradicting your weakness that I quoted above), then production will need to be lowered and the weakness will need to be removed and replaced with something else that doesn't contradict other portions of your submission. If you intend for the submission to be only as capable as your weakness describes, then you will need to adjust your strength to more clearly reflect its limitations as defined by your weakness (as quoted above) as well as tone down your description of this submission.

Your description is meant to be an OOC summary of your submission, it is not an in-character advertisement for investors or purchasers and buyers. Everything you write, whether intended to be flavor text or not, defines what this submission is capable of. That means the more you up-sell the destructive capabilities of your submission in the description, the more powerful the submission actually is. I would advise taking this to heart in the future for both this submission and all future submissions, as that is what is currently holding this submission back from approval.

Nadja Keto said:
These are both written in definitive language (that is to say, these quotes state what will happen, not what this is capable of potentially doing). You can reword these to be very clear that this isn't a definitive result, or you can remove them. This submission will not be approved unless one of the two choices are taken.
Altered both.

Nadja Keto said:
This would be a two-meter diameter, which is larger than most fully grown humans, and is certainly not:
This is actually in reference to an "airburst"; meaning in completely open air it can send particles up to two meters in diameter from the intial explosion. This does not imply someone would be cut in half; as going off inside of someone they would simply not have explosive capacity to actually create more than a very small space. Is this alright to stay as is?

Nadja Keto said:
This is reading as something similar to what a weapon with an Extreme Stopping power rating would carry, and currently we do not permit any submission to carry an extreme rating at mass production. You can lower this production to limited, or you can tone down how effective you are describing this as.
Although I'm usually pretty dead set on Mass-Production; I'll lower this to limited. In truth, a radioactive round isn't likely to be used as often as other things, and I'm more than alright with setting it to limited production following looking it over. With that, I'll also set this closed market to better allow control over its use.

Nadja Keto said:
Everything I've quoted above, and several more areas in the description, does not support this statement, nor anything else in this weakness. In fact, here's a quote from your description:
The quote in question, and the following quotes are referenced to different type of vehicles. While a standard handgun can fire through a traditional sedan, it could not fire through a militarized humvee. I'll better clarify each of the quotes, but unarmored vehicles can certainly fall victim to this round. The reason I say 'the round itself', is because the fact that the round itself is mostly made up of computers and a very small deposit of Cobalt, there is no real weight to lay a heavy hit. Its pretty much restricted to being used in its computerized state, or its a piece of junk.

Besides that, and the last part which I'll respond to following this; how does everything else look?

Nadja Keto said:
I would advise taking this to heart in the future for both this submission and all future submissions, as that is what is currently holding this submission back from approval.
I fully understand this, but its just not how I write. To say this much, I make submissions because writing them is fun; but I don't concern myself much with the balancing of them nor the real rp value of each. I make them in a way I think they are interesting and unlike anything I've seen before; I leave the balancing and discrepancies to the trained professionals in factory, as selfish as that sounds. If I took your advice to heart, I wouldn't enjoy putting things through factory.

Apologies, in advance for every submission to come, and every submission thus far. Its just what I enjoy. :)

[member="The Slave"]
I simply mean that doing so would speed up the approval process, I didn't want to make it seem like there was an issue with the concept of the submission so much as how much emphasis is put on its strengths. I would simply avoid the use of definitive language (stating what will happen, rather than stating what could potentially happen).

The Slave said:
Is this alright to stay as is?
Clarify that (how much of an impact it would have if entering an individual or solid object) and that the meter radius explosion is purely if it were to have occurred in open air.

Nadja Keto said:
I simply mean that doing so would speed up the approval process, I didn't want to make it seem like there was an issue with the concept of the submission so much as how much emphasis is put on its strengths. I would simply avoid the use of definitive language (stating what will happen, rather than stating what could potentially happen).
Understood. I'll make sure to work on it as well as possible!

Also made sure to define the limits of the round in this:

"The third stage is what the round is known for, an area-of-effect expulsion throws all the material pent up within the round in a one meter radius should it be unhindered by bodily organs or solid matieral. Inside of a target, this can open up a small cavity and spread the radioactive material inside them with little hesitance. The process is brutal, and the lasting effects are equally destructive; but any who are on the receiving end of the round realize why it shouldn't be used."

Is this alright?

[member="Nadja Keto"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom