Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Reclamation War: A Cold Dawn | Mandalorian Enclave Populate of Scarif

aftermathobj2.png

| Tags: Yuri Maji Yuri Maji : Gailen Keldau Gailen Keldau : Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr |
| Gear: Standard Scouting Gear |

An opportunity to prove your worth. The words had been echoing in Dainan's mind the entire flight. Turmoil was probably the most appropriate word to describe the last few months, years even. Clan Kurita had formed, unformed, reformed, unformed, and reformed numerous times but now? It was a period of building. As in many other clans, Kurita was a family affair but the hierarchy was somewhat subject to interpretation. Despite being familial, each smaller family unit operated independently - for now. As such, Dainan was the only one to sign on to this particular mission to Scarif.

Details had been sparing but all it took was speaking with a few other Mandalorians to learn the true history of what had been "Camp Phoenix". Dainan had sensed fear in the words of his vod. They were right to be if what they said was true.

He'd made landfall easily, landing on a small plateau. He could easily see the sprawl below and it afforded him a quick descent towards the former Confederacy camp. Almost as an afterthought, he adjusted his comm channels to Enclave specified channels, picking up a surprising amount of traffic. There would be several of them, it sounded like these vod had even brought backup. Begrudgingly, there was safety in numbers, Dainan admitted. He keyed up his own comm when the air was quiet. :: Dainan Kurita of Clan Kurita checking in. I'll have to get a handle like you lot. :: he mused, chuckling to himself. :: I'll be there shortly :: he added.

It had taken some time but Dainan found himself padding lightly through the corridors of the once sealed facility. The others were here somewhere. His eyes peered out from behind the T-visor of his helmet, listening intently. He'd seen much of the same as the others by the time he heard a clatter from down the corridor, an audible laughter echoing in his ears. Must be the others. :: Everyone okay? I'm nearby, on you in a second. ::

Another moment and Dainan had arrived, his weapons still holstered and sheathed. "Bit of a cave-in?" he asked, the dust still floating around in the air. "I've seen shadow and bone, naught else." His eyes darted to the others, trying to match armors to names. "Does this get deeper?" he added, pointing towards what looked like a lift entrance.

-

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
aftermathobj2.png

Current Outfit

By Hilal's estimation, she's 60 percent healed from her injuries against the stinking Jedi and her Mandalorian Armor was still undergoing extensive repairs by her Droids. But the young woman chose to go on Scarif anyway to help her people expand especially now they are at war with Galactic Alliance. Hilal stood in front of the old, abandoned CIS base which apparently was used as a black site of sorts. "The Confederacy was doing some experimenting here," Hilal said frowning. "We're talking about biological warfare and experimenting on soldiers."

It was hard to believe that a faction that prided itself on individuality would resort to such barbaric and sadistic tests. The scars of the CIS' ugly past remained on Scariff and it was up to the Mandalorian Warriors to put a stop to it. "I can't believe your boss allowed you to come here," Hilal said to her new friend Akiya Orime Akiya Orime . Though Hilal was thankful that she wouldn't investigating alone, Akiya was just as helpless as Vletti'azan'uosus Vletti'azan'uosus in combat which made Hilal nervous for her safety.

"I'm gonna need your expertise for this one," Hilal said. "But stick close to me okay? I promise to protect you but you can't wonder off. No telling what's in this place."

Last edited:

IMG_1280.png

ALL OF THE LIGHTS
~Never look back. If you gotta kill, kill. If you gotta burn it all to the ground, then let it burn.~

OUTFIT: Yael Kandar's Beskar'gam
TAG: Careena Fett Careena Fett | Celt Saxon Celt Saxon | Herrel Eldar Herrel Eldar | Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze | Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla | Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Tomaj Eldar Tomaj Eldar | Veshok Rook Veshok Rook | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Open

smalldivsilver.png

KESTRI, WILD SPACE

The Enclave attack on multiple Alliance's planets has been deemed successful. Countless credits have been burnt, billions have been displaced, terror strikes through every aspect of Alliance's society. Right after I was evacuated from Kiffu, I contacted Gailen Keldau Gailen Keldau , who was apparently fine and already on his way to Scarif for another mission. I haven't even got the chance to tell him about my legs, and the fact that I wouldn't get to meet him for another couple of days really pissed me off.

Regarding my legs, I was treated shortly on Kestri, but they simply don't have the necessary technology for a long-term fix. Dad and I have been searching for solutions, and we came to a conclusion that neural treatment in Kamino would be the next course of action. We have the money to get the topline treatment, thanks to Dad's forge business, and he also has the connection to pull some strings and get me an immediate treatment.

While waiting, the Enclave council had called a grand meeting in the Mando'ade Assembly, one that I wouldn't miss even if I'm on a dying line. Going with Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla , who also went through a rough patch on Kiffu, we took the front seat, so that I would be able to see seating on my wheelchair.

The Guildmaster has opened the forum, and the Speaker of Mandokarla is helping moderate it. The rest representatives of Clan Saxon and Clan Dragr, both seemingly around my age, had chimed in with their, albeit flawed, yet respectable voices. So are the two Clan Eldar Mandokarla. Yet the peculiar and outright treacherous opinion had come from the representative of Clan Kryze. I glanced at Mevia, to see her face showing disgust at the woman's speech, and that's only affirmed by her whisper.

After getting my chance to speak, I wasted no time, not even by introducing myself. They should know me either way.

"WHICH PART OF NEVER AGAIN, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, MY VODE?"

I opened with a thunderous voice and a question that cuts deeper than a beskad. Even while sitting on my wheelchair, I should have caught most of the attendants' attention.

"What did the Sith purge of Mandalore, the Enclave liberation of our tribe from the CIS, the incursion of Kestri by the old Empire all had in common?"

Lowering my voice, my eyes went around to scan the crowd from behind the dark-tinted visor of my Buy'ce.

"THEY WANT US DEAD! Off of the face of this galaxy! You think the Alliance would've let us keep this small, mineral rich haven? Have you seen how they've been gobbling up the territories of their former allies? They would've marched here with their 'diplomacy or war' offer as soon as they had the resources to do so! They would privatize our Beskar mine, pacify our culture, and flood our safe haven, the only Mandalorian homeland in the galaxy with immigrants from their space!"

Moving my head to give saluting nods towards Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr and Celt Saxon Celt Saxon , I continued my speech with an ever increasing zeal.

"The Crusade is not about vengeance, vode, brother Sahan of Clan Dragr was right. It's about the fundamental existence of our people."

"Sister Celt of Clan Saxon is right, there is no point in lengthy military occupations on Alliance's space. That's not how our tribe operates. The late Wardog, Shai Maji once told me. Our people are not Empire-builders. We are a band of warriors, forgers, hunters, farmers, miners, and believers, striving to survive in this harsh and cruel galaxy."

I took a pause, giving my non-functioning limbs a glance, giving the chance for everyone to see what the war has taken from me, so far.

"I've paid the price, all for the chance of a better future for our people, and I don't have a single regret, not even if my condition is… irreversible."

In the end it's all going to be worth it. Our rights to survive and our rights of self-determination are worth all the blood, sweat, and tears, on our side, on their side, and of the innocent passers-by.

"Kiffu has fallen, and they have paid the iron price for their arrogance. Resources, yes, but the most important is information. All will be revealed in time, my vode."

I shifted my gaze towards the elders of the Enclave. The Warmaster, Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla , The Guildmaster, Vren Rook Vren Rook , and the Speaker of Mandokarla, Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida . We need to have a chat about what I found and recorded during the battle.

"Right now, we prepare for the next battle, and the next one, and the next one, until this galaxy is a safe place for our tribe."

smalldivsilver.png

Outfit: Velran’s Gift Dress
Tags: Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

aftermathobj2.png

Hilal claimed to be at sixty percent, which Akiya knew was a high level of competency, but she guessed it was closer to fifty percent in reality. And that was why she was willing to get a good deal more flirty with Prof. Jitters than she was comfortable to get permission to leave New Alderaan. Akiya’s skin still was crawling at the thought of Jitters’ hand on her forearm, but it was worth it to make sure that Hilal managed her new mission as best as possible and came out of things as healthy as possible.

”I am happy to add my expertise to whatever we find,” Akiya said with a smile. She had to admit that even though she knew Hilal was not a good warrior because of her armor, Akiya would have felt much more comfortable if the armor was available. At the mention of being allowed to leave Akiya visually cringed again, but forced a smile. ”I did what needed to be done to be sure I could keep an eye on you,” Akiya admitted, hoping it didn’t sound too stalkerish.

”I remember the trouble we got into last time we were together. And how much safer it is to keep close,” Akiya stated timidly. ”I promise to try my best not to be too much bother and to go wherever you need me.”

Current Outfit

Hilal noticed that Akiya was very fidgety and nervous. She saw goosebumps forming on her pale skin and her facial expression contorted to a mixture of fear and shame. “Hey,” Hilal said limping towards Akiya placing her hand around hers. “What’s wrong Akiya? If you don’t want to go inside, it’s fine. The black site is giving everyone even the most hardened of warriors some pause.”

Akiya was a scientist not a warrior and Hilal saw how helpless she was in a fight. Her medical and biological expertise could help Hilal considering that she’s still not in the best shape right now. Yet, the young woman wondered if it was wise to bring Akiya along given the nature of the mission? “I don’t want anyone to die because of me.” Hilal thought. “My friends are important and I can’t put them into dangerous situations that they’re ill equipped for.”

Hilal smiled squeezing Akiyas arm a bit. “Don’t worry Akiya,” she said. “You were never a bother to me. I really enjoyed our conversations in Kamino. Who knew I would find a friend inside of a Giant Fish?”

It was a fun experience though it was through Akiyas lack of combat prowess was what worried Hilal. But it made her determined to protect Akiya. She won’t get hurt under her watch. Looping her arm around Akiyas, Hilal approached the entrance of the black site her right knee flaring up with pain at every step. “I LOVE your dress!” Hilal said staring at it. “It’s sooo pretty! It may not be practical to bring on a mission but I love how you decided to make a fashion statement!”

Hilal giggled at that statement. “Where do you shop at akiya?” She said. “I want a dress like that!”

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

aftermathobj2.png

Akiya shook her head at the comment to avoid the black site. If she didn’t do that, flirting with Jitters would not have been worth it. Well…maybe if there was something else fun on Scarif to do instead… But if Hilal was willing to limp around to help her people out, Akiya would be there to support her. ”Just had to get through an uncomfortable conversation with Prof Jitters before I could come out here. I’m really glad he doesn’t seem to have the slightest clue what to do with a woman. If he did I would be quite worried. Your mission will only help me forget about it. We shouldn’t turn back now.” Akiya appreciated the comfort of Hilal’s hand and Akiya showed appreciation by squeezing Hilal’s hand.

”We’ll survive together,” Akiya responded with a smile. ”We made it through the insides of that fish. We’ll make it through this. You’re important to me too. That’s why I’m here. To make sure I help in any way possible and that you don’t push yourself too hard.”

Akiya blushed as Hilal recalled the big fish experience favorably. And being amongst Hilal’s friends was a good thing. Akiya had made a few friends in her professional life. And a few others as she worked her way through schooling. But she was always the youngest and always focused on the material more than having a good time. Having someone to enjoy life with would be nice. Even if it seemed to come at times of danger.

Akiya found courage in walking arm and arm with Hilal and blushed again when Hilal praised her dress. ”To be honest if I knew what exactly we were doing I probably would have chosen something more sensible. But when I get out of the lab I like to look cute.” Akiya giggled nervously and gave Hilal’s outfit a look. ”You look super cute by the way and it is probably much more mission ready than my dress. We’ll need to go shopping before our next adventure just to be sure that I’m not putting a good dress in danger of ripping.

This…This came from New Alderaan. But it must be a Tion Cluster style, I have a couple without the print that are cut quite similar that I got from my home on Lakonia.”
Akiya gave a smile at Hilal’s desire for a dress. Though Akiya had to admit she was curious what her spunky friend would look like all dolled up in a dress. Akiya was sure it would be stunning as cute as Hilal was. ”So after we finish this adventure we’ll need to find you a nice dress like this, and me a practical, but cute, jumpsuit like that.”

Current Outfit

aftermathobj2.png

"Nah!" Hilal said as they approached the entrance of the Black Site. "I love your dress! Besides this suit was created to interact with my armors and provides me with some abilities like wall riding."

She never tried to wall ride before and it was unlikely she can do it now given that she was still injured. "I wish you could stay with me," Hilal said. "The more I hear about your working conditions under Jitters, the more I want to go New Alderaan and kick his fracking ass!"

Hilal frowned looking up at Akiya. "No one should take that abuse Akiya," Hilal said. "I.... think I should go there and give your bosses a piece of my mind!"

It was reckless for sure, but Hilal couldn't stand it when her friends got hurt. "I definitely want you to wear it as often as possible!" Hilal giggled trying to change the subject. "Or if you have any cute dresses! Show them off!"

The door opened, and Hilal slowly approached the dark corridor placing Akiya behind her. "Chit," Hilal muttered. "What do you think happened here?"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Last edited:

aftermathobj2.png

Akiya continued to blush as Hilal continued to gush on her dress. Akiya knew it fit her well and it was a nice color and the stitched ornamentation was nice, but was it really that good? When Hilal said she wished Akiya could stay with her, Akiya’s eyebrow raised and her blush deepened. Is she flirting? No! Couldn’t be we’re just friends. New ones at that, Akiya thought to herself. Though Akiya understood that gender was the natural way of continuing life. And that meant that females should be attracted to males. But she had spent so many years looking at beings at a genetic level that she couldn’t limit herself. That being the case, it would be a lie to say that Akiya never wondered what if when thinking about Hilal, her protector. She always doubted that Hilal would even consider her the same way though.

”Jitters usually keeps his distance. Just creepy stares. I use it to my advantage when I have to. If you kicked Jitters’ ass Kilran would probably have tighter reins placed on me. In some aspects Jitters being there makes things more bearable,” Akiya was starting to become more open with Hilal with her situation, but she still wasn’t sure she should outright state that she was being held by Kilran against her will. Hilal might try to take on Kilran to rescue Akiya, and because of Akiya’s work there was a clone army that Hilal would have to go through.

”I appreciate you standing up for me. I really do. But Kilran is powerful,” Akiya sighed. ”I’m better off biding my time and getting a break here and there then challenging him heads up. I wouldn’t want you to do too much. And he says he’s the ruler of New Alderaan. If that’s true. You might start something politically that would be really bad.”

Akiya giggled at Hilal’s excitement over her dresses. ”I’ll put on a fashion show for you…OR....next time I sneak away from work, instead of some mission we have a slumber party and we both model our cutest clothes. I’m sure you look awesome in a dress too!”

As the entrance opened Akiya found herself behind Hilal acting protective. The fact that Hilal took that action gave Akiya reason to worry and she pressed herself against Hilal’s back, stooped down so that Akiya’s chin was almost resting on Hilal’s shoulder. When Hilal cursed, Akiya tensed, when Hilal asked for an opinion Akiya could only giggle at first. ”Was I supposed to do research?” Akiya asked with another giggle. ”Based on what you said bad things. Only way to find out for sure is to head on in. I’ll stick to your shadow. Just to be safe.”

aftermathobj2.png

Current Outfit

"Well I kick Kilran's ass too," Hilal whispered. "Nobody fracks with my friends and if Kilran even bruises you, I will kill him." There was something about her bosses that Akiya was hiding from Hilal. As much Hilal wanted to press Akiya on the issue, it was clear that Akiya wasn't comfortable divulging that information to her. Out of respect for her friend, Hilal decided not to ask Akiya about what was truly bothering her...... for now.

"The Tion Cluster is very far from here," Hilal said. "If he brings a fleet, we'll be ready though it is hard to believe that New Alderaan would tolerate a guy like Kilran."

She gave Akiya a smile when she mentioned that she would perform a fashion show or even throw a slumber party where they show off their dresses. Hilal had a couple in her wardrobe, but she was planning on buying more if she ever had the time. The young woman allowed Akiya to press against her back and place her chin against her shoulder. Hilal smiled at the Doctor last time Hilal created distance from Akiya she would get attacked. At least this time she made sure to glue herself against Hilal.

The light flickered on and as soon as the two entered the door slammed behind them. A loud hiss was heard as Hilal raised her eyebrows. "Damn," she muttered looks like we're stuck here until we can find the failsafe. It should be wherever the computer room is, they should have the admin's access there."

79dbed3f6a0b5450e152dc97cdd9a3f6.jpg

Hilal looked around and saw what looks like a broken bacta chamber as well as broken Holocomputers. "Look at we have here," Hilal said slowly approaching the room. "A testing lab perhaps? And what's that chamber doing in the middle? Is that like a Cloning tube or something?"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

aftermathobj2.png

Akiya gave a swooning hum as Hilal reacted so protectively. Even Akiya’s brother and parents were never so protective. Perhaps that was because they insulated Akiya and there was never really a high degree of danger in her life, but Akiya felt safer with Hilal than anyone else she’d ever met. That said it was probably best not to tell Hilal how Akiya was kept when she was not at work and under close watch.

The question of New Alderaan and Kilran’s rule was one that Akiya couldn’t answer. She spent most of her time in her isolated lab, the only time out shopping was brief. Maybe Akiya would ask Jade about Kilran’s true hold on New Alderaan one time. ”I don’t interact with the people of New Alderaan much. I know Kilran is a military man. More than likely he holds rule by force not permission.”

Akiya was glad that Hilal allowed her to stay close as they entered the darkness. Lights were a welcome sign, the automatically closing and locking door behind them was not. Hilal cursed, but Akiya was beginning to realize that was a regular occurrence with the young Mandalorian woman. It actually made her smirk, but didn’t give Akiya enough comfort to back away from Hilal in the least. ”Computers and mechanics are your department. I’ll follow right behind you.” Akiya meant the last part quite literally. She wasn’t going to give Hilal any space until Hilal said that she needed room for action.

The discovery of the biotube was something that Akiya actually could help with. If they got close enough and she could see the research files or some other clue as to what was kept inside the tube and what sort of treatment was given. ”I…it doesn’t look like a cloning tube I’ve used before…I could maybe tell something with a closer look…” her teeth chattered a little. ”But I’m not going over there alone. I can tell something was inside. And I doubt we want me meeting it by myself.”

Untitled812_20230801212140.png

aftermathobj1.png
Objective: Great Council
Tag: Vren Rook Vren Rook Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze Veshok Rook Veshok Rook Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr
Equipment: In bio

Untitled852_20230922221809.png

So many differing views in a chamber full of the greatest warriors in the galaxy she listened, and she thought to herself, switching her weight from one leg to the other. She would need a good drink after this. The Mandokarla spoke their minds, Celt never knew how to treat those priests of the Manda, she was faithful of course, but the words of the priests could sometimes be less than useful. They were to be honoured though, as this was the way of her people.

As Yael Kandar Yael Kandar wheeled out into amphitheatre and spoke. Celt banged her gauntlet against her chest to salute the woman. She spoke clearly and correctly, the mandalorians had so many enemies across the galaxy, forces that would see them blasted to dust, but then talk of a worse fate than death came up, the absorption and cultural destruction of the mandalorians by the Galactic Alliance.

"The alliance can take our way of life from my cold and dead fingers!" she called out as an answer to Yael. Then smirked to herself thinking about the little gaseous surprise she might just leave such a looter. "They have no culture, they have no identity, the exist only to consume, that is why they are weak!" the idea of this homogeneous empire sweeping the galaxy and destroying mandalorian culture burned in her heart and she could not let it stand. She felt she could fly a cruiser to coruscant herself and nerve gas the senate and the Jedi temple. But that would never be approved and alliance would likely do the same to her home in revenge. Sometimes though, it was a little cathartic just to imagine.

She sent a little digital message to Yael just to calm herself down. <<My cybernetics guy is an artist, we should talk.>>

aftermathobj2.png

Current Outfit

Great another dictator, sounds definitely like a person who abuses power to hurt others. Hilal kept her mouth shut though as Akiya wasn't sure that if ruled by force or by vote. Still, everything Hilal heard about Kilran made the young woman tempted to kick his fracking ass for the way he treated Akiya. "Right the computers look like they date back to the 800s," Hilal said allowing Akiya to cling and lean onto her. "Meaning their tech is way out of date, the lights are on which means there's a generator still powering this place up."

She gingerly approached one of the computers it screen flickering to life. Hilal brushed the dust and cobwebs off and took out her hacking kit. "Let's see....." Hilal said turning on her device and pressing the option to crack the password. "Ah chit," Hilal muttered. "Firewall is strong, I'm going to need access to the labs main control program. They have the list of passwords that I need. I was hoping that I can just grab the password from the computer, But this lab actually has a sophisticated security system."

Hilal heard Akiya teeth chattering. "Hey, I'm here," Hilal said reaching to gently pat her cheek. "You can cling onto me has long as you want to. Come on let's go together." Hilal approached the so-called cloning tube and saw what looked to be a..... stuffed rabbit inside.

"A toy?" Hilal mumbled. "What the hell are they doing? Experimenting with dolls?"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Last edited:

DnA0tMA.png

aftermathobj1.png
| Location | The Assembly
| Objective | Sit Down
| Interacting | Tomaj Eldar Tomaj Eldar
| Mentioned | Yael Kandar Yael Kandar Celt Saxon Celt Saxon Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Upon Herrel's return to his seat he was greeted warmly by family. Tomaj's gesture was welcome and returned in kind, as Herrel replied to his kind words, "You honor me." Herrel leaned forward and rested his arms against his legs, eager to hear whoever spoke next. "Whatever is chosen, it must be chosen with eyes open." As he sat Herrel was struck by the sheer amount of his people he was surrounded by. Despite what differences there may be among the assembled Mando'ade, Herrel felt calmed by their presence. It was a feeling similar yet distinct to how he often felt in Resa. For a moment he closed his eyes and let his mind go silent.

Someone else began to speak and the moment passed. Beneath his helmet Herrel opened his eyes. The next one who spoke, he knew. She was Yael Kandar, another Chaaj. She had fought at Kiffu. He knew her, but he did not know her well. Her passion roared like a flame and reverberated through the Assembly. It was infectious. The one from Clan Saxon practically leapt to their feet to echo it. "None speak in support of Clan Kryze," he said to Tomaj. His tone was flat, as if he was commenting on the weather.

"Some find favor in the Crusade. Others do not and fear, collectively, we will lose more than we gain in its pursuit. Does something weigh on your thoughts, Brother?"

Vren's jaw remained clenched as he looked out over the crowd without seeing.
"Perhaps." he finally replied quietly. "But here might not be the best place to talk about it." If he trusted anyone, it was her, but he had to work through the thoughts himself first before talking to her about what had just transpired.

Then his goddaughter's voice could be heard and drew his attention. It still pained him to see Yael Kandar Yael Kandar in a wheelchair. Yes, the message was delivered victoriously, but the cost had been expensive. To him at least. She was family. The closest he had come previously to a child of his own. He had found her on Tatooine. Had brought her to his very good friend Meshur who was in a better position to care for a kid. Vren had made sure to be present throughout her life. Had seen her grow up into a fine young woman.

He looked away quickly, taking a deep breath to control the emotion that threatened to well up. He regretted sanctioning the assault on the Alliance. How many more cases like Yael's would a war with them take? How many would fall? How many of his loved ones would be among them? All for a moment of triumph? He glanced at his supposed son. Veshok Rook Veshok Rook may have proven himself in this assault, but would the crusade claim him as well?

Yael's words drove home what he feared. And Celt Saxon Celt Saxon who seconded his goddaughter. The young ones all wanted the glory of battle. Did they know what it would cost, however? His own mind was more akin to Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze 's sentiments. Protect rather than launch a crusade like the days of old. Decisions had to be made. He drew another deep breath, pushed the bomb that had just been dropped on him to the back of his mind. The wellbeing of the Enclave came first.

He stepped up to the dais once again.
"Vode!" he called. "I have heard your voices today. All speak truths. For those that call for complete war and annihilation of the Alliance, however, I ask," He looked briefly at Yael before continuing. "Are you prepared to risk the complete future of all our people? Are you prepared to become that which we had always fought against just to say you did for our people?" Something for them to think about. There were more pressing things than launching an offensive.

He drew another breath.
"You know I won't be able to stay out of it, not with what's happening. But, right now..."

Her words still haunted him. The gut that had carried him through many a war or hunt told him that the Alliance and the Jedi wouldn't let it go. That their noses were bloodied but that they didn't really listen.

He stepped into his role as Guildmaster proper.
"As Guildmaster, I suggest ramping up our defences. To not focus on the offensive just yet, but to ensure that the Enclave in it's entirety is protected first. The Sith have infiltrated our territory before when our attention was elsewhere. Are we going to let them take that opportunity again?" He looked at the crowd for a moment before stepping back. "I yield the floor."

He stepped off the dais and took his place next to Runi and Kranak again. Kranak was many things, but a fool wasn't one of them. He would surely see the benefit in strengthening the defences.

A prepared soldier isn't a surprised one.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Scarif, The Ampitheater
| Objective | Speak truly, as ever.
| Focus | Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida | Vren Rook Vren Rook | Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla | Careena Fett Careena Fett | Herrel Eldar Herrel Eldar | Tomaj Eldar Tomaj Eldar

Jenn had been content to sit back down after speaking her piece, listening to those who came after her - no matter how much she disagreed with them. It was important for all to be heard, and to speak without fear... but she could feel gazes resting against her. But she had no time for furious youths, even less so those who regarded her with such open anger for refusing to entertain their little fantasy of glorious battle. They would heed her warning or ignore it - and in the end, her future was intertwined with theirs, no matter what either side wished.

None spoke in support of her - something she had been ready for, no matter how alone it made her feel. The representative of Clan Saxon, she supposed, had shown her a certain respect, in spite of their conflicting stances on the Crusade and how it should unfold - and the towering figure from Clan Eldar, although he spoke of the past as well, remained less of a firebrand. Clan Dragr all but ignored her point. And then came the impassioned speech from Clan Kandar, and she could feel, deep in her heart, that she was powerless to stop the reaction it would elicit in the hearts of those eager warriors within the assembly. Before her abandonment of the Way of the Mandalore, Jenn had been much like them, after all, and even now, she could feel the embers of who she had once been stirred.

But Jenn had learned patience, temperance, and in the end, perhaps a little wisdom, too.

When the Guildmaster returned to the dais to speak once more, she finally found a voice of reason. A voice reminding her people of the impossibility of victory without losses, of the inevitable cost behind every action made in war. Nothing was ever free of consequence, whether in offense or defense. And it was through his words that she gained the momentum needed to stand up once more and let her voice be heard.

How amusing, that she was finally living up to the standards of her species. Jenn almost found herself wishing more of her people were here, that they may see that she was, indeed, more than merely the warrior they dismissed her as. Just like them, she could be a wordsmith.

"Our Guildmaster speaks truth!" she called out to the crowd, her vocal cords easily allowing her to be heard, even without her helmet. Another blessing from what she had become. "I have heard much of the spear to be thrust into the heart of the Alliance, but only the honored representative of Clan Saxon has seen fit to address the matter of the homefront. You are warriors, all, and great hunters - but there is a balance behind every action taken, a calculation, a cost. This bold raid against the Alliance was a success, and it will indeed hamper their efforts. But they have many worlds yet to spare, resources aplenty, forces yet to be mustered. A great blow has been struck, but this war is far from over."

Would they listen? Jenn hoped so. No matter how much the Crusaders disagreed with her, she knew they all cared about home. The future of their people, forged anew thanks to the Mandalorian Enclave. A flight from Mandalore, from the genocidal campaign of the Sith, a place where they could raise their families without fear of having to hold the line to let the children take to the stars. So many seeds, scattered on the wind.

"When the Alliance counterattacks, and it will counterattack, we must be ready. We hold but few planets, if only by comparison to our great enemy, and we cannot afford to lose a single one. Our worlds are few, and of great importance to us - and unlike us, the Alliance has the manpower to occupy these worlds if they so choose. What if they take Kestri? All that we have done, all of our sacrifices... they will all be for nothing. If we are to endure, if we are to win, then we must be ready to push them back."

Most others had chosen to step to the dais, but Jenn had chosen not to. In doing so, she hoped to drive home the point that she was but a voice among many, without any claims to power. Neither Alor nor Alor'ad - merely one of the last few voices of Clan Kryze, seeking to be heard, and temper the fires of vengeance.

"The Guildmaster is correct in his assessment of the Sith as well. Come what may... the Sith stand to gain from this war, no matter who emerges victorious. Even now, they scheme in the shadows, all too aware that the attention of the Alliance is directed towards us. Think what you may of the Jedi, but we once fought alongside them against a far greater evil. An evil cast back into the shadows, but not yet vanquished."

Last edited:

aftermathobj2.png

ACKLAY
CAMP PHOENIX | SCARIF
TAG: Yuri Maji Yuri Maji | Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr | Dainan Kurita Dainan Kurita
GEAR: In bio

smalldivsilver.png

banner7.png

SACRED STONES

<Vandal and Acklay, this is Iron Falcon. Can you hear me? I'm already down here. What are your positions? Good to no longer be alone. Just be sure to stay sealed. I haven't detected anything yet, but it's best to stay safe.>

Gail rolled his eyes.
"Course you are, overachiever." he mumbled to himself. <You don't say, Iron.> he then quipped through the comms. <My men and I are head to Vandal's location. See you there.> He motioned for his men to follow him.

Just as they came across Maji's beacon, however, they hit a tripwire. Gail's blood ran cold as some of his men yelped. Turning, pistol in hand, he found the source of the panic. A bunch of skeletons had fallen onto some of his guys. He couldn't help but burst out laughing.
"Not funny, Gail. Shut up." grumbled one of them as he pulled a skeleton from his shoulder.
"Oh it is." Gailen laughed.

Laughter echoed his.
"Timbers shivered, huh?!"

Gail shook his head but smiled behind his visor.
"You're a little shit, you know that?" he quipped.
Right then, another joined them with a quip of his own. Gail had seen the armour maybe once or twice since the Rishi op but didn't know the man.
"Does this get deeper?"
The Alor'ad looked at the lift.
"Unfortunately." he said. "Have your sensors on cycle. We got no idea what's going on down there. By the way, Gailen Keldau. Don't believe we've met." He held out a hand to the man in greeting.

With that, he turned and led the way into the lift.
"Hope this thing still works. Make sure to have weapons ready and armour sealed." he said. Something made his skin crawl. He'd been in enough situations to listen to his gut when it was warning him, tired as he was. He wanted to be in and out and done as soon as possible.

So he activated the lift and hoped for the best. And sure enough, it moved, though creakily. When they reached the floor below the one they were on, Gail sent out one squad.
"Sweep the area. And be careful." he told them.

And then they were going deeper again, to the bottom floor. By this time, the hairs on his arms were standing on end. As the lift slowed, he readied his rifle. When the doors slid open with fanfare, he was ready to fire it at whatever was down here. But there was nothing. Stepping out into the hallway, he let his thermals do the checking.

It wasn't a signature that drew his attention, however. It was a noise...

A heavy scraping sound had started to move deeper onto the floor in a room or other.

Testing.png

From the back of the stadium, a cloaked woman in beskar'gam sat in silence. An aura of great sorrow and bitterness surrounded her. Her hood covered her buy'ce, as she watched most of the going ons with a sinking heart. Resentfulness and helplessness kept her silent, even when she had much to say.

No one would listen. No one.

She frowned especially as she listened to Yael Kandar Yael Kandar give her mighty speech. Her daughter, Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla , stood right alongside her and agreeing with every word. Their young, reckless hearts blinded them to the cost of war. They were fools, and it grieved her. Gwyneira looked to Yael's legs with sympathy. This girl showed great promis, but already she was suffering ailments for it. It brought sympathy, a feeling Gwyneira rarely felt these days, to her heart. She reached down and tapped her cybernetic leg.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze once again spoke, followed by Vren Rook Vren Rook . And Gwyneira's eyebrow raised. She remembered what Jenn, her old rival, told her. And she thought of her own children. And even, the other young ones here. Gwyneira had so much apathy still, apathy towards the future and her place in it. Helplessness, hopelessness. And yet... what Jenn told her, and a newfound resolve in her quivering heart, gave her a brief moment of resolve.

She moved. Her overthinking mind, it told her it was useless. And yet, she stood up.

She reached up, pulling her hood down. As she walked closer to the center of the summit. With how often her beskar'gam kept getting customized and repainted, she felt it best to introduce herself.

<"Gwyneira Vizsla, daughter of Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla . I would speak.">

She stood in the center of the stadium. Her voice already was noticably tired and strained; as if she already was suffering old age, or had not slept in ages. Her exhaustion was apparent in even the slowness of her movement. Even then, she still stood tall and with her head high. Though, her tone was far more cynical.

<"You do not want to hear my thoughts on this war. I wouldn't change anyone's mind anyways."> The bitterness was deep, and something very personal was felt in those words. The most detail observant individuals in the crowd would catch the brief hilt of her buy'ce, as she glanced at the War Master, her father, for a split second before returning her gaze to the crowd.

<"What I would like to say is, we indeed need to protect our home. As both Kandar and Kryze have pointed out, we have been brutally displaced, scattered, and exiled in the past. By Sith, by old allies turned enemy, and our own inability to learn from our mistakes.">

Her forlorn tone was mixed with a determination, an ounce of wary optimism just waiting to be crushed by reality once more. <"If we wish to not lose Kestri like we lost Mandalore, we must preserve it. To think, that these past twenty years we all have neglected this precious home in a decline. Far from the best place to raise children, let alone live ourselves.">

She clenched her fist, <"We all need to do better, myself included. Mandalorians are stronger together, a tragically undervalued ideal these days. Regardless of where we all stand on this topic of crusade, war, and honor, I know one thing we all have in common... we wish for the betterment of our people. We must do everything we can to defend our borders, our families, as much as we can. If we are to go on the offensive, we must not neglect our defenses. Must I remind you all of what the important of family, and Clans, and home. Let us do everything we can to preserve us, so our families have a home to return to once this war is over! So our children have a future!">

She paused for a moment, then cleared her throat. She looked to Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida and spoke, <"The Mandokarla must be just as active as all other branches of our military. And the Karjr must be ever vigilant in the upholding of law and order. We have our spears in the Si'kayha and Bes'kyrade. Our shields are just as important, if not more..">

She then looked to Vren, <"I am willing to help in any way I can. And I implore all here to step up our defenses as well.">

She looked to the crowd with gritted teeth. <"The Galactic Alliance has gone too far. Sticking their noses in business not their own, and slaughtering our very code! They have declared war on us, and we will be ready for them when they dare trespass our borders again.">

She paused for a moment, gulping. Then she spoke with her hoarse throat again, <"But must I remind some of you of honor? The Galactic Alliance has painted us as villains, but with the tactics some of our more extreme outliers have practiced, it is... treacherously understandable. We are no thugs, or common mercenaries. We are warriors. Let us prove their propaganda wrong in our actions. Mandalorians are fighters, yes, but we are the best the Galaxy has to offer. Shall we remind them of that, as we practice not vengeance, but justice. That is all.">

She stepped down, pulling her hood over her head as she slipped back to the shadows of the congregation.

She had said her piece.

Now reality was left to discipline her on if her input would be tossed away once again.

Testing.png

aftermathobj1.png

:: Mando'ade Assembly Amphitheater

The corners of Runi's lips turned downward slightly as Yael Kandar Yael Kandar proclaimed their struggle was one of their very right to live. Such sentiment could be so easily twisted and become the very noose it proclaimed to defend against. It would not be the first time in their people's history. Whatever information the woman had, she hoped it would justify such an extreme position.

Hazel eyes slipped over toward Celt Saxon Celt Saxon as she proclaimed support against the rumored genocide. And so it began.

The Speaker glanced in Vren Rook Vren Rook 's direction and afforded the man a single nod. She would not demand he air what plagued him so publicly. So long as the man did confide in someone to see troubled matters settled properly. He was one of the leaders of the Enclave -- a very well known, public leader -- and if he crumbled they would all suffer for it. She desired only the best for him personally, and by extension all collectively.

Fortunately, Vren proposed a focus on defense rather than offense. She had not feared he was a warmonger, but it was good to have such thoughts aired openly. If nothing else than to let everyone know there were more options than war. They were Mandalorians, adept warriors and hunters, but there were many ways such skills could be plied that were not war. So much suffering came from warfare.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze and then Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla spoke in turn, both championing a more defensive posture. One that had not lost sight of the homefront, of which Runi was relieved. Even those that carried the banner for war she hoped would not forget a great truth that victory at any cost was almost never worth the cost.

Though the shadow of an upturn to her lips flattened when Gwyn made mention of the Mandokarla's readiness. 'As active as all other branches of the military?' The phrasing belied a dangerous sentiment. The Mandokarla were not part of the military despite not forsaking their martial duties if the need arose. It seemed such a small thing, but the greatest of follies began small.

"What others in the galaxy think may shape their actions toward us, and we must not lose sight of it. We must seek to help them understand our ways. Yet," despite the need for public relations and diplomacy, "it is in our hearts where the real battle lies. What we believe is manifest in what we do. What we do shapes the galaxy, and the perception people have of us. Never lose sight of your personal responsibility amidst the chaos of deliberately twisted wordplay. Never lose sight of your own honor; it forms the basis of the Enclave's honor, and brings honor to the Manda."

"I am also proud of Sisters and Brothers that remind us all, in whatever we do we do not lose sight of ourselves. Any with proposals to bolster our strength are welcome. Whether we seek out the enemy or fortify our defenses, our homesteads, our friends, and our families are what matter most. It is no great victory to win a war to find nothing to return to at its end. Let us remember to support one another as fiercely at home as we do on any battlefield."

There had been many voices that had spoken at length and passionately on such matters. Runi saw no need to rehash the sentiments, but she wanted to affirm in their minds they were heard.

Well, that is unfortunate. The green and gold clad Mandalorian nodded as one of the others confirmed his thoughts. "Dainan Kurita. Can't say I've had the pleasure." Dainan extended his own hand, grasping Gailen's forearm in a firm grip. "Ner vod," he said, nodding the crown of his helmet in respect. "Ni suvarir, I understand." Releasing the man's handshake he drew his blaster from it's place, confirmed his sensors were functioning in the proper mode, and double checked his suit seal. All green.

"It's a wonder this lift is still functional," Dainan muttered aloud, the grainy vocoder echoing as they descended. It was a short wait and when the lift opened one of Gailen's squads disembarked, lights sweeping the dark corridors and debris. A moment later and they were back on their way down into the deep. Down towards their potential demise. It went on for some time but as Dainan saw the others prepare he knew they were nearing their destination. Taking a knee he also lifted his blaster but when the doors opened they were greeted with the same silence as above. He could hear himself breathing in his helmet, feel his pulse with every beat of his heart. A moment - and then he took a slow intake of breath through his suit's filters.

Then he heard it. He thought it might have been an errant step as someone shifted their weight or an accidental bump against the interior of the lift but no, this noise came from deeper within, into the darkness before them. We aren't alone. The thought was not one of terror but of cold realization. There indeed had been something sinister dwelling in these ruins and it was up to them to find out what - and dispatch it. It had gone from superstition to confirmed fact in a breath. Then the sound repeated, more scraping. Gently Dainan adjusted his helmet's sensors, checking several visual spectrums to see what he could in the darkness. It wasn't much, a glint here or there as a discarded bit of metal or rock bounced the light of his sensors back into his eyes.

Taking a nimble step off the lift he crouched, blaster at the ready. "We should clear these sequentially, keep an eye out for any flanking routes. I don't know what that sound is but we don't want it stalking us from behind."

aftermathobj2.png

TAGS: Gailen Keldau Gailen Keldau | Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr | Dainan Kurita Dainan Kurita
GEAR: In bio

With the various troops emerging to join up, Yuri could finally put a face to the various voices he heard over the comms. "Only on weekdays." He quipped. Gailen he recognized, at least barely, and the same went for Sahan. The new arrival was a complete stranger, though he didn't take long to introduce himself to the group. "Name's Yuri." He spoke up briefly, making sure to keep his surname to himself.

The pleasantries and brief laughter died down as the group moved on, eventually finding a surprisingly functional elevator. The Shistavanen eyed the machine for a few long moments before joining the rest in it. He made sure his jetpack was primed, just in case the elevator decided to give in. The rest of the group checked their gear and fiddled with their scanners, making Yuri feel a little self conscious about his own carefree attitude. He eventually did the same to at least look like he knew what he was doing. Not like he didn't, he went on adventures with far less equipment regularly. But he wasn't in an emotional state for ridicule from his "vode" on this day.

When the door opened, they moved into the hallway and took up their positions. Yuri had his pistol at the ready, however he kept it low as his eyes narrowed. :: Smell is a lot stronger down here. :: He remarked over the comms, electing to keep his annunciator deactivated. A scraping noise echoed down the hallway, which the others picked up on. What had Yuri's eyes widen and his gun raise was another noise he heard ahead of them. :: Guys... I hear breathing. It's faint and raspy but I hear it. :: He warned, flicking through his vision modes for something that could cope better with the darkness. Thermals were useless unless he was staring at his own people, and night vision wasn't picking up anything weird.

Taking a risk, Yuri clipped a flashlight to the side of his helmet and flicked the switch to bathe the hallway in light. The sight that met his gaze had his heart skip a beat. A scrawny womprat, chewing away at a decomposing corpse. He stared at it for a second then shifted his gaze to the others. Was this a bad time to make a joke?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom