Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Quiet Conclave

8U2vscq.png

Objective: Establish The Quiet Council

------
This shrouded figured slinked through the metaphysical veil; she stopped just at the tip of the winding stairway. The well of power was a powerful current here, possibly the strongest she'd ever felt tugged by -- she chose this place for this very reason.

Vergences had the ability to shroud one's link to the Force, powerful enough to override someones presence when submitted to it. This was different in that it struggled with imbalance. This funnel of power came to rest between two ancient structures. Off to her right was once a Sith temple, and on the opposite end was an abandoned Jedi Temple.

For the purpose of silence and concealment, Auratera was the proper choice -- it also had been largely forgotten to the Jedi.

She descended, and each step produced a stutter, almost a glitch somewhere deep down and the root of her own energy. It was no secret that a portion of Romi's story was owned by the Darkside, and she never forgot that feeling...the amount of anger she was consumed with. Her journey to remaining in her own light was to become comfortable with the darker sides of her history, and Auratera pulled at that.

She removed her hood, brandishing her blonde locs as she tucked herself off to the side. Caught between the past and present she stared down into the wormhole that was an irregularly shaped elliptical cone, serving as a focusing point of the vergence below.

She remembered, she remembered stepping down this path because her calling was larger than anything she'd realized before. Her mission brought her here...but not alone. She called forth contacts that she felt shared her vision and could support the effort...This wasn't just about her. But Romi was a fighter, she has always been a fighter...and before she left this Galaxy, she would see stronger effort and even unification...or she'd lay the foundation for such.

She knew she wasn't the only one who hoped for the day.

She came to rest in the silent vibration of power.

-----

(No need for a posting order, can be quick. Post when you can, if you can)

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Nimdok descended the stairs. Strong breezes whipped at his hair and clothes, giving the pointy-eared professor the look of a wind-blown wanderer.

Auratera, a well-known vergence in the Force, sang especially loud in this place. It gave his steps more weight, his gait a heaviness that slowed his descent into the Funnel.

Squinting, he spotted a lone figure waiting at the bottom, a woman with blonde hair.

Hello, Master Jade,” he greeted her. “Good to see you.

But once the friendly introductions were over, he took a seat on the stone stairs, leaning back on his elbows with his legs stretched out in front of him. Since he had resigned from the Silver Council, Nimdok considered himself more or less retired—at least in an official capacity. It was hard to stay completely out of galactic affairs after you had faced off against the latest Dark Lord of the Sith.

From what he understood, this gathering was a bit different, a call for the formation of a Quiet Conclave. Nimdok wasn’t quite sure what Romi’s plans were, but he was eager to find out.

This was something he could do. Coren Starchaser had adjusted to his role of a non militant Jedi … with mixed results. Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel was definitely helping and the pair were raising the part of their children that still required it. The twins for sure. Placed them between Celeste's homeworld, Kattada, and Corellia. The pair and the kids also were known to galivanting around, checking out leads on history, Jedi troves, or potential Jedi. Part of the job with the Order.

But when the call came in from a long time partner, and Jedi focal point of Romi Jade Romi Jade , Coren turned the ShortFin, the experimental and more attack shuttle that he used during his military career, and was favoring when he had to cross any space that wasn't within the Alliance or Concord, or anywhere that the children may need to be picked up. Having set course for the world of Auratera, a place he had stored into the Starchaser Starmap.

Once he made his arrival, he was, as was normal now, dressed in the robes of a Jedi Master. Golden, white, and navy. Stepping to where he could sense Romi, he made his way there. He had an idea what this meeting was, and what he figured as that his fight wasn't truly done.

Romi Jade Romi Jade

Thurion did not announce his arrival as he appeared at the bottom of the winding stairway where he'd been summoned, but rather quietly noted their presences as he strode the center of the Funnel, clad in the rustic garments of his homeworld. The site of this secret meeting was as intriguing to him as the meeting itself. His entire being felt the surge of sheer power this ancient place held, a maelstrom of light and dark in equal measure.

He eventually joined the others, sidling up to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser with a hesitant hand on his old comrade's shoulder, eyes wide with awe and trepidation alike at the unknown.

"I have taken part in many a clandestine gatherings in my days, but none in a place quite like this," he commented with utmost sincerity. He took solace knowing he was not alone, but in the company of several other wise Masters of the Force. Only a fool acts like he has all the answers, and he was glad there were still mysteries he had yet to discover and decipher.

"You must be having a field day, Errik," he turned to Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , a fellow Council member not long retired. "Jedi and Sith ruins in one location. Didn't bring your kit, by any chance?"

(I know Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca is busy OOC, so just hop in when you can Bernie, if you can <3)

She snapped out of her silent trance, whipping around to Nimdok's voice -- "Please, Romi is fine. Formalities were never really my thing. Glad you could make it. I-"

She stopped just before Thurion and Coren descended. "-Hey you two, seemed we've almost got about everyone. Bernard mentioned he'd try to make it if he could step away for a sec, and Tiland I'm sure we'll show if he can. That's alright, I'd like to get started anyway..."

A beat.

"I asked you all to this meeting because...I feel it's time. Thurion, the last time we spoke, you told me about how you'd seen the once-glorious Republic and a unified Jedi Order. I never got that chance, but I feel that it's time we get back to that...to being a unified front. I'm proposing the formation of a Council, a Quiet one, to see this through. I've reached out to each of you for various reasons."

"Coren, a war hero and enclave leader. Thurion, a King, an SJO Councilor, and the one out of us who has actually seen and lived through a once unified order. Errik, the top Jedi scholar of our time, well versed in our lore, well travelled, and with the ability to look at things objectively. Bernard, an NJO Councilor, he’s a voice of reason within the NJO, he knows his Order in and out. He dreams of one day seeing unification. Tiland, is one of the oldest and wisest among us, he's outside the orthodox and connected deeply to those who see the Force in a variety of ways, those outside the core."

"There's influence here, the positive kind. I believe we as a collective can lay the foundation and nudge others towards unifying under one banner, from the background. Silently."

-----

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Last edited:
Always,” Nimdok replied to Thurion with a smile. “I imagine you’re enjoying the warm weather.” Auratera was merely temperate, but by the standards of Midvinter it was practically tropical. Nimdok would know; he’d nearly frozen solid during his last trip to the planet of ice and snow.

Conversation fell away as Romi started the meeting.

“Errik, the top Jedi scholar of our time, well versed in our lore, well travelled, and with the ability to look at things objectively…”

Really, Romi, my modesty,” Nimdok said in mock-protest, his smile broadening. “I’m going to put that on my resume.

As far as he could tell, she was proposing that they create their own secret freemason Jedi group, working behind the scenes to bring about unification. “Not a bad idea,” he murmured, hands clasped beneath his chin in contemplation. “But I doubt we’d be able to do much, given the currently fractured climate of the various Jedi enclaves. It isn’t just that tensions can run high between these factions—people like the variety of teachings, environments, and activities available within each Order. There’s something for everyone.

However, many would agree that the Jedi were meant to sacrifice the wants and desires of the self in favor of duty and service to others. The galaxy was currently at war. The Sith were wreaking havoc. People were dying, and worse. Picking and choosing Jedi Orders like one would a religious denomination was perhaps the wrong way to go about being a Jedi in such times. Or at any time, really—wars came and went in this galaxy almost seasonally.

Uniting against a common threat would be more useful than division. We might begin by advertising for allies in every enclave before a battle, regardless of faction loyalties…” Was he suggesting a media takeover? Sort of. “Partnership” sounded better. After seeing how far-reaching the influence of his writings had been, he knew how much power getting the word out could have.

Thurion hung onto her every word as Romi proceeded to reveal her reasons for summoning them all to this place, and it was a bold proposition indeed. Yet, there was something about the conviction in her voice that stirred a sense of nostalgia in the young boy that still resided within him. The boy that had walked the temple grounds of both Coruscant and Tython in the days of the Republic, knowing what it was to feel safe for the first time in his life. The Jedi Order gave him this, above all other things. Not the Silver Jedi, not the New Jedi. The Jedi.

During Nimdok's very articulate reasoning, Thurion kept silent and did not once shy away from Romi's gaze, and before his colleague could even finish he found himself drawn to her side, hand on her shoulder as he towered over the blonde lady.

"I will aid you in your quest, Lady Jade, for as long as I can be of use. You have my sword," he gave his oath once the good professor had finished. He took up position at her side, facing the others in the group.

"My friends, I wish to speak. Long have I awaited the day the Jedi are reunited, truly united, as it always was in the thousands of generations before us. It may sound hypocritical to hear someone who has served one of its splinter groups for so long speak those words, but 'tis the truth. It is also the truth, as our worthy brother Errik has put it, that variety has aided each group well. But why should variety be lost to us were we to merge as one? Difference in activities, teachings and environments could all still exist under a United Jedi Order, could it not?"

"I cannot speak of the geopolitical ramifications of uniting the orders under one banner, I leave these questions for wiser men than myself. But politics should not and cannot be allowed to influence the Jedi in making these decisions. Our service is to the Force, our duty to the peoples of this galaxy. Historically, bringing politics into the mix has only ever damaged our kind. Just look at what's happening in the NJO as we speak, being torn apart from the inside through schemes and plots even as the Maw grow ever bolder. We are not schemers, nor are we soldiers. We're supposed to be beacons of hope, an ideal to aspire to."

"The Sith Empire is fallen, and so are the Bryn'adûl. The Jedi still stand, but we are divided. I say the time is now to finally stand as one. It will not happen overnight, in fact it may take years to accomplish, but if the work is never undertaken then it will never be completed."

It was always good to be among the heros of the Jedi. The leaders, the ones who were capable and driven, the ones who were followed. He himself was counted among them, but he wasn't always one to believe it. He was a fighter, had been. He had moved into a bit more of a relaxed feeling now, teaching, training Jedi. As he was approaching the meeting, he looked over to the King of Midvinter with a smile and a friendly nod.

"Good to see you, my brother."
A nod to the Lion, the Starchaser smirked. "Lets see what kind of trouble Romi is getting us all into today." He knew that if Romi was around, much like himself, trouble wasn't too far away. The Jedi were lightning rods for trouble, especially when they took the Crusader path. Looking at the others involved, seeing Nimok, he nodded. The other one was a researcher, probably one he should approach to bring into the Order. He'd consider it.

But not here, this was a meeting for another purpose, and he thought he sensed that the Jedi Master may not be too far behind. "Tiland'll show, I suspect. He's been to his share of these groups. Send him the minutes and he'll be on board." He assumed. Tiland was always around with the big Jedi movements.

As they stepped into the room with Romi, the Jedi Master nodded. As she spoke, he realized that he had seen the point in part of the Republic where the Jedi were together, but too many Jedi were under the thumb of a Senate. That was why the first Alliance, the Sullust Alliance began.

"We have lots of influence, from Midvinter, to Corellia and Kattada, to the Silvers and New Jedi. Bringing in those who can speak from each side? We have Jedi from all walks. Healers, teachers, and scientists, to the warriors and defenders, hunters of the darkness. With the two largest Orders at least on speaking terms, we can set the ground work, similar to the defunct Academy Network. Jedi learning from each other, paying homage to one home temple but respecting and learning from them all."

Romi Jade Romi Jade Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca

Tiland raised an eyebrow as he settled on a seat in the amphitheater, cradling a cup of warm tea as he listened to the conversation. It intrigued him, of course, and it was a vision he could support, to an extent.

The Jedi were not always as unified as many thought, at least not the highly centralized form that existed he remembered just before the fall of the original Republic. When he was young, just two centuries or so, the Jedi had enclaves and bases across the galaxy.

It was a good middle ground, all things considered, when it comes to a unified order. One didn’t need the stratified hegemony of the Jedi’s collapse.

He opened his eyes after a moment, “I think we can find a middle ground that both unites the Jedi while also respecting the diversity of the various groups and styles. We wouldn’t even necessarily need to center this order on a single temple as they did at the end of the Republic. When I was young and the Republic just beginning to reach into the Outer Rim, they had a variety of way stations and enclaves, much like Romi’s and some of my own work. “

“Something akin to the academy network would be a very effective start, I do have to agree.” He frowned for a moment. “The question will be what exactly counts as being a Jedi or not?”

The Lion, as she saw him, forever inspired a sense of pride -- she had deep respect for Thurion. It meant a lot that those of his caliber could see her vision and were willing to support. Everyone here, she highly respected. "Thank you, Thurion."

She stood back and mused over the thoughts of the others. This was progressive dialogue, one thing she hated was the opposite. Most discussion in this same arena often evolved quickly into heated exchanged about ideals. There was never anything actionable to come from it.

"The worst thing the High Council did, all those years ago, was limit individuality and lay the foundation for several exclusionary regulations. It's dated and it still haunts us; we don't need to operate within that framework anymore."

"The methods to organization as we've always known it needs to be deconstructed. Being mutually exclusive with governments, not being afforded the opportunity to disagree with leadership, marginalization of other schools of thought...so much needs to go out the door. And tha-that's why I believe the question you posed Tiland is hard to respond to straightforwardly--All of our answers would be different, but not wrong. In fact I don't believe there is a solid answer. Really, I think that's an ongoing quest of ours..."

A beat.

"I echo Tiland though, a more decentralized model would be more fitting, and we already have the framework there from when we established the Enclave Network." She looked to Coren. They both led two of the main Enclaves, prior to the destruction of the facility on Jakku, much like Tiland's. "And there's still so many facilities out there lost to us currently, waiting to be reopened...we've just gotten back to Ossus.

"Errik..."
she whipped around, "You mentioned advertising...like media wise?"

Some sort of propaganda?

-----

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Last edited:
“But why should variety be lost to us were we to merge as one? Differences in activities, teachings and environments could all still exist under a United Jedi Order, could it not?"

If it were decentralized, certainly,” Nimdok replied. “But then I would question to what degree such an Order would actually be united. We could build a confederacy of Orders, but it would probably function more like a loose alliance. We call upon our allies for aid, and hope that they can make time for us. And that's ignoring the disagreements about what to do, how to function, and so on—I admit I'm afraid it would devolve into a kind of ideological feudalism, but that's nothing new.

He'd written enough about the conflicts between Jedi Orders in recent years to know just how common—and easy to avoid—it was. Still, he and the people in this room were just that: people. They couldn't do much to fend off the forces which caused civil wars.

“The question will be what exactly counts as being a Jedi or not?”

Nimdok was uncharacteristically silent on the subject. The school of Force Users he was raised in, the Benandanti, typically did not count themselves among the Jedi. During his time with the Silvers he had sometimes felt like a fraud, sitting on their Council despite having received little training as a Jedi.

"You mentioned advertising...like media wise?"

That, and simply getting the word out.” Nimdok shrugged. “Posting mission bulletins like a revolving bounty board for Jedi might be going overboard, but I’ve always felt that more Jedi should know where and when Jedi help is needed, whether on the battlefield or in less… chaotic settings.

He knew that Tiland wouldn't be too far away, there was a connection between this group of Jedi and their friends, their family. Not always a family of blood, but something much deeper, something much more luminous bound these beings together. Purpose and the Force moved them to work together, to support one another and protect the galaxy. Coren could only help to smile at the gathered after giving his advice.

Turning to Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun with a nod. "I mean, back when we founded the Alliance on Sullust, the New Jedi Order of Omai Rhen brought all who served the Light under the banner. Jedi was but a part, but the greater purpose was the focal point. Perhaps we open the doors, see who comes. The Jedi have given rise to many others, Allyan Witches, and Zeison Sha for starters. The blueprint of the Jedi are everywhere."

As Romi Jade Romi Jade agreed with Tiland, he nodded. "Celeste and I have been… enjoying the retirement from the war front, but we are working on locating relics. Its back to the exploration life for me. And finding the history of the Jedi. We bring what messages we can out to those who we think will benefit. The galaxy is a big place."

"To your point, Errik, the heyday of the Underground and Jedi Academy Network have had networks set up to get mission details and requests for assistance out to the galaxy. It wasn't always missions, but training times, or networking of data between cells, or smaller academies… I know I have access to several of the channels that make their way through the Outer Rim, even to the Temples on Kashyyyk and Coruscant, though the latter…"
He shrugged as he let that thought linger out.

He had resources.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca

Each man present gave their thoughts, every word taken into account. These were some of the brightest minds in the galaxy gathered, free of the shackles of zealous dogma or fanatical adherence to a singular political entity. The fact that they were even invited showed that their loyalties lie not in galactic powers, but in the Force. In many ways, a tenet forgotten by the Jedi of today.

"Aye," Thurion chimed in, stroking his bearded chin. "I agree with a decentralised structure. There are many enclaves out there, all of which must be taken into account. I would argue it is not our business today to decide what makes a Jedi, but rather lay the foundation for a union of all such enclaves under one banner. They may refer to themselves as whatever they wish, but they would still be part of the Jedi Order umbrella."

"Let each enclave keep their autonomy and maintain their modus operandi. Unite all branches under one tree, so to speak. Form a High Council consisting of representatives from each such enclave to create a sense of community between us and a way to influence the overall direction of the Jedi. Larger factions like the Silvers and the NJO should be allowed to continue their work, although it should be made clear they are not bound to the whims and wishes of the Silver Concord or the Alliance Senate. It is not the Jedi way to take up arms for political causes, or the expansion of territory."

His brows furrowed as further details of his suggestion came naturally to him. He personally felt there had been too many half-measures in the past. If they were going to be serious about this, then there should be clear instructions and guidelines laid out from the start.

"I would also suggest, that if a galactic power wishes to house an order of Jedi of their own, let them come before the High Council with their petition and we will decide together whether their cause is just. So long as they stay on course, the High Council allows the continuation of this alliance. If they stray from their path, we would have the power to pull support. That way no corrupt senate or dictatorship may threaten to undermine or infiltrate the Jedi in the future."

"Likewise, if there is a rising star among the many factions out there that we ourselves find interesting, the High Council could reach out with an offer of cooperation, lending further legitimacy to their worthy cause."

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Romi Jade Romi Jade

"More than other Force-sects," Tiland said, after considering a moment, "I was mostly asking in regards to Cedric's followers and those who participated in, according to intelligence reports I've seen, mass executions via....crucifixion." He shook his head slightly at the thought. "The problem that plagues any sort of organization is the collective is held responsible for the individual, as has been causing tension in the past few years. The unfortunate reality is that, even decentralized, we will need code of conduct and behavior, especially if we are offering or retracting support, which is an excellent idea, I must confess."

He paused for a moment and took another sip of tea. "What we are suggesting is something not seen in more than a thousand years, so let us not pass on the significance of that, and the challenges, from a logistical standpoint as well as a political one." Another pause and contemplative sip of tea. "A truly independent Jedi Order, even a decentralized one, could fundamentally realter how the politics play out on the galactic stage." He gave them each a broad smile. "I am indeed glad it is all of you who are helping put this together."

(Sorry had an LOA for vacay)

She stood back in thought, musing over what the others were saying for the most part. "My thoughts are going towards-well my only caution is that we be mindful of the authority we hope to give to the High Council. My worry is that, that it'll parallel entirely too much to those from our past, and we see how that's worked out..."

A beat.

"I think a code of conduct is fair, some guidelines to operate within would be proper for sure. That's something to asses. Any more ideas as to what those should be off the top?"

"Though of course we won't have all the answers today, I just hope we can leave with an actionable step or two to take. I like the idea of having a revolving bulletin, I think anything we can do to funnel information into a singular spot could be a good first step. Actually, there's the Jedi comport that's been developed to connect every branch of Jedi to a centralized Holonet Hub. Errik, do you think that's something we could do? I'll help you in any way I can."

"Thurion, would you be willing to take this idea back to the Silver Council? Without really divulging our plan and what we talked about here, perhaps we could work on slowly introducing the idea of the Silvers having a representative in a much larger Council. I think it would certainly make it easier to convince the NJO -- and I plan to follow up with
Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca to fill him in."

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

"To your point, Errik, the heyday of the Underground and Jedi Academy Network have had networks set up to get mission details and requests for assistance out to the galaxy. It wasn't always missions, but training times, or networking of data between cells, or smaller academies… I know I have access to several of the channels that make their way through the Outer Rim, even to the Temples on Kashyyyk and Coruscant, though the latter…"
"I like the idea of having a revolving bulletin, I think anything we can do to funnel information into a singular spot could be a good first step. Actually, there's the Jedi comport that's been developed to connect every branch of Jedi to a centralized Holonet Hub. Errik, do you think that's something we could do? I'll help you in any way I can."

Nimdok shrugged. "Sounds about right. I certainly do think we could do it."

But then the topic of conversation shifted, with Tiland bringing up the Ashlan Crusade. Thurion hadn't been as specific, but Nimdok inferred that he was referring to the same group of violent Force Users as well, if not offering a gentle warning about such individuals.

"I would also suggest, that if a galactic power wishes to house an order of Jedi of their own, let them come before the High Council with their petition and we will decide together whether their cause is just. So long as they stay on course, the High Council allows the continuation of this alliance. If they stray from their path, we would have the power to pull support. That way no corrupt senate or dictatorship may threaten to undermine or infiltrate the Jedi in the future."

"Likewise, if there is a rising star among the many factions out there that we ourselves find interesting, the High Council could reach out with an offer of cooperation, lending further legitimacy to their worthy cause."
"More than other Force-sects, I was mostly asking in regards to Cedric's followers and those who participated in, according to intelligence reports I've seen, mass executions via... crucifixion. The problem that plagues any sort of organization is the collective is held responsible for the individual, as has been causing tension in the past few years. The unfortunate reality is that, even decentralized, we will need code of conduct and behavior, especially if we are offering or retracting support, which is an excellent idea, I must confess."
"I think a code of conduct is fair, some guidelines to operate within would be proper for sure. That's something to assess. Any more ideas as to what those should be off the top? Though of course we won't have all the answers today, I just hope we can leave with an actionable step or two to take."

Nimdok nodded along, though truth be told this aspect pained him more than any other topic that had been brought up so far. Despite his past criticisms of certain groups, he had no interest in holding entire Orders responsible for the actions of individual members. He just wished that they would actually deal with the problematic ones among their number, yet that seemed to be the exception rather than the rule. More often than not, he saw these factions rallying around their friends and comrades out of blind loyalty, paying little heed to the seriousness of the situation and obstructing justice in the process.

"Cedric Grayson's gone missing again," Nimdok murmured. "His followers have elected new leadership. A high priest of the Ashlan Church, I believe, is the new head of the Crusade." He shrugged. "Perhaps a new leader will mean a change in methods and an end to the practice of crucifixion. Or perhaps not. I'm not as up to date on the situation in the Tingel Arm as I should be. But your point still stands, and I agree. We do need to set some standards for what is acceptable."

He considered it a little more. "Perhaps we should simply require that they follow the core Jedi tenets, regardless of whether they call themselves Jedi. To protect and defend the galaxy; to show mercy to their enemies, and treat them fairly; to act rationally, without being controlled by their emotions... and to respect all life."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom