Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Lands of Susevfi

Wearing: Viper Suit (Red)

Armed With: Synth Crystal Lightsaber (Pink, Curved Hilt)

Three days earlier...

Dear Starlin...

I was greatly pleased to hear that you had gotten a Padawan to full Knighthood.

It is one more way you were a better Jedi than I ever was.

In many ways, you have surpassed me. See what I meant at the start of your training? About being glad you aren't like me? In theory, I had every advantage.

And I still managed to fail. Both you AND myself. You will never fathom the pain it caused me, not being able to knight you myself. Don't pity me. All that has befallen me, including my current disfigurement, is entirely my own hubris. I have no one to blame except whoever I am no matter the face that I wear.

In my dreams, I find I am happiest when I don't HAVE a face.

I miscalculated with The Battalion. I am sorry there is so much I have forgotten. I only have fragments left of our time together. But they are precious to me. Anything of you is precious to me.

You were the last thing I thought of before The Battalion nearly killed me.

I hope you learned from my failure if nothing else.

Maybe me saying this doesn't count for much, but coming from a Force knows how old Sorceress; It doesn't matter if the Council declares you a master. By guiding someone to Knighthood, you have mastered yourself.

If you have the time, I'd like you to join me on Susevfi in the Rimward Trade League. It's nothing important. I am overseeing the healing of refugees. I focus on training Force Healers. But for the next two weeks I'll have free time and wanted to have tea with you. I miss you.

Your father is here also. He's working with that man you met, the one who rescued me from The Battalion. They knew each other, once. From before your father met your mother. They are not friends. But they cooperate.

By the way, before my defeat at Korriban, I sent you two items. One was a ship, the other was some kind of crystal. I'm not certain what type they were, did you ever receive them? If you did, I hope they prove useful.

One last thing.

If you encounter The Battalion, she will know everything about me and you. She has my memories. Most of them. She can use my old face. Do not let her use EITHER to manipulate you. Attack her with full force and the power of the light. Don't let her speak. Don't let her catch her breath. Hammer her and DO NOT STOP until she is dead. You will lose most of me in destroying her. But better I be destroyed than an instrument of evil forevermore.

Take care, Starlin. The Force will be with you always, even if what is left of the woman you knew can't 'always' be.

--Syd...kinda...

Syd sent the electronic message off through the Holonet.

Nathan, oddly, had grown tired of her hiding in caves and apartments, and had ordered construction of a small temple for her to isolate or train others in as needed. Zabka visited regularly now, appalled but not surprised by Nathan's otherwise cold disregard of her. The temple wasn't meant to help so much as keep a better eye on her.

It was in the dead of night as she sent the message on her personal terminal. The temple was open air, a classical construction of a step pyramid near a Nexus of crystal that was being prospected.

Syd meditated in a simple red catsuit, no longer shiny and reflective of everything around it. She didn't wear those armors much unless she had to. She meditated, as always, in front of an open flame, twisting and churning the fire into a funnel.

A hint of danger in the Force was the only warning she got.

She rolled away on instinct, but still got four stars in her back. She let out a screech. Nullification Resin. This assassin meant to kill.

The one advantage a Light Side Force Spawn has over a Dark Side variant is the ability to Force Heal. But Nullification Resin is extremely toxic to their system.

Syd felt the areas where the throwing stars had impacted start to rot, the stars falling out. The pink blade slid out of a silver and black curved hilt.

She spotted the Model 1 approaching. It's once silver skeleton was dented and weathered and scratched, with colored symbols she didn't recognize scrawled across it's body. It possessed a Vibro-Katana.

"You'd think Laertia would want to take me alive so her wife could finish the job." Syd remarked.

"Once maybe. But no. The Matriarch has decided it's too much trouble going after you to get the rest of what Batty took." it answered, pulling out an energy sword.

"You are a fool if you came alone."

"I didn't." The Model 1 replied.

Syd backed off, guarding as two Chaplain Nuetralizers descended from the black sky, both in white kimonos.

"I am not alone either." Syd spoke.

"The Force will not save you..." one of the Chaplain, designed as a beautiful Atrisian woman replied coldly.

"That's not what I meant." Syd replied as two Soldier Biots in golden catsuits dropped down from the temple rafters above, each made to resemble the same Beautiful Woman, each wieldiNg Vibro-Katanas.

"You expected us?" The Model 1 asked casually, vision modes analyzing the two new threats.

"Fascinating." The Skeleton-Like Soldier Droid called Leonard observed.

"This will be a most intriguing fight." He noted. "Sisters! It appears Grandfather's anticipated us!"

"Indeed..." The Atrisian-Shaped Chaplain noted. "Your design has promise, but we are still vastly more advanced in terms of onboard weaponry alone."

"Fancy bells and whistles will never replace the need for perfect tactics." The Soldier Biot to Syd's right replied.

"Play, my Sisters. I shall give Celsius a gift." The Model 1 spoke, angling his energy sword of at her.

Syd darted forward, barely phasing through the onboard rocket the Model 1 had installed that destroyed a wall behind her.

Her sword clashed against that of Leonard.

"What of this gift?" Syd asked as their blades locked.

"A fast death. Infinitely preferable to a continued life of shame and hiding, of being a pariah to the Galaxy, to the Jedi, to your own student, who you failed utterly..." Leonard replied coldly. (ALL ARE ONE IN DARKSEID: 1000 XP)

Syd's strength began to buckle against that of the Model 1, who had clearly enhanced his servos for this mission. Syd bolted away from the blade lock as something in it's chest opened up and a spray came out that caused the stone behind her to develop rapid bacterial growth. She dodged the tensor beam weapon fired at her only partially, ripping the flesh off some of her right shoulder, glowing green blood pouring out.

The last time she had faced the Nuetralizers, she had had the advantage of them still having her on their do not harm or kill protocol. The gloves were off now.

Syd screamed as his skeletal hand shot out and the cryo laser built into his palm struck her in the shoulder he had just injured...and the resin was in her blood stream now. Violent shakes began to spread across her body as he advanced, her wound frozen solid and making it difficult to move her arm without extreme pain. She perspired severely. The Resin had to be healed with the Force. Or she needed to drain energy from a power source.

Leonard anticipated her need, because he immediately began firing his sonic disruptor in her direction, forcing her to move, and spread the resin in her bloodstream a bit more. She didn't dare try phasing through the sonic projectiles, because even she, with all her experience, was not certain what would happen if she did.

All she could do was evade the projectiles, which was getting harder and harder to do.

The Chaplains unexpectedly found themselves caught off guard. Nathan's lightning attack on a Cultist stronghold a few weeks prior had left few survivors, so vicious was the assault. But those who survived spoke of the Soldier Biots deadly effective ability to organize.

They were very effective at anticipating attack despite being slightly slower than a chaplain, and they were much more durable up close, pressing in hard and never letting up. Traps were triggered, having been set up around the perimeter, perfectly triggered by the Soldier Biots just whenever the Chaplains were on the verge of gaining the upper hand. Arrows fired from hiding places in the grass forced the Chaplains to either dodge to protect themselves, or deflect the arrows fired.

One of the Soldier Biots somersaulted over a lightning strike to land a brutal spin kick on a Twi'lek shaped Chaplain's jaw, dislocating it and sending her flying backward before she used her Dovin Basal heart to weigh the Biot down, tearing the flesh and muscles off the bone on her right side but the Biot managed to slam a fist into the Chaplain, caving in it's skull before it shut down

The Atrisian Shaped Chaplain tried to target one of the Biots with a sonic scream but the Soldier Biot pulled some strange trick with her Katana, glancing light off it into the Chaplains eyes, forcing her to blink and throw off her targeting, making the sonic blast that erupted from her throat go wide into the ceiling, causing a giant chunk of it to fall, forcing her to catch it with her built in repulsor organs.

The enemy Biot's sword punctured the chunk, goring into the Chaplain's skull. The Soldier Biot had anticipated her catching it and had darted onto the rubble itself for a sneak attack while she was distracted.

The Chaplain fell, the rubble crushing her upper half.

Syd had managed to take out Leonard's disruptor with a desperate baseball slide followed by a slash, but his Cryolaser managed to strike her in the hand, shattering her hand off,causing a metallic shriek to escape Syd's throat, barely rolling out of the way before the Model 1 punched through the duracrete floor. She phased through his legs as she rolled and stumbled away in great pain, running as he fired his cryo laser.

She was sicker, weaker. It was getting difficult to focus. The part where her back had been struck by the resin covered throwing stars had started to rot, and it was spreading. She was in pain, and the Model 1 was given pause by the remaining Biot.

Leonard immediately began firing his concussion rifle built into his arm, forcing the Biot to back flip out of the way as the Model 1 managed to hit her with the tensor rifle built in it's chest, ripping away a massive amount of flesh from it's chest as it took the full brunt of the tensor.

Syd was running, getting weaker.

The Model 1 used it's advanced vocabulator to mimic casual whistling as it pursued her.

"You BETRAYED MY MOTHER, AND TRIED TO KILL HER!" Leonard yelled hatefully after a few moments. "After all you did to set her on her path in the first place, you spitefully dropped her, like a hot potato, for doing the same sort of things you did, once!"

Syd dived behind a large boulder as he fired his Concussion rifle, the shots taking large chunks out of the rock she hid behind in the silent plains, the wind rustling the billions of grass blades.

"There were so many things I didn't know, son of Laertia!" Syd called back. "If I had known...I never would have gone near her."

"Oh, but I think you knew. Deep down anyway." Leonard spoke, deploying a ball drone armed with an explosive charge from it's chest.

"You couldn't resist. Not where she was concerned..." he taunted as the ball drone got closer, waiting to fire his rifle.

"I think unconsciously, after all you had been through just to reach her, you couldn't stay away. And I do not believe for a second that even if you had known, consciously, beforehand, who she was, and what you had done to her, that you could have stayed away forever...

"Is this your Mother's thoughts on me, or yours?" Syd asked, feeling danger creeping up

"I got a brain, schutta..." Leonard the Model 1 snapped, red ocular sensors, maneuvering the ball drone above the bolder.

"I didn't need to talk to what's left of my mother to figure your ass out." he added.

"You know what my final assessment of you is?" Leonard asked, priming the drone for detonation.

"You're nothing but a stalker."

The drone detonated with a powerful explosion...just as Syd phased through the rock, hurling her lightsaber, guiding it's path and speeding it up with her naturally weak telekinesis into Leonard's droid eye. Leonard keeled over backward.

Syd collapsed, too weak to move any further...and saw Nathan Bloodscrawl, hands folded behind his back, calmly walking towards the scene of battle with an expression of disdain.

He stopped, standing over Syd, his cold gaze impassive. Syd realized he was debating with himself whether or not to save her life.

She saw only the remaining fires from the recent explosion reflected in his artificial green eyes as he knealt down, and jammed Bacta Hypo and a few life stims into her to stabilize and buy her time.

Saying nothing, not even bothering to hide his displeasure at having to let her live, he picked her up and carried her to where the healers of the Jensaarai could help her...

Present...

Syd was huddled in blankets, having severe cold flashes. Lingering effects from the resin. She had set up a table and chairs in the open air. They were close to a Grove where Crystals grew, her body metabolizing the excess energy released to help her heal faster. Nathan was in the Grove itself, conducting a search for a missing Jensaarai. He had claimed the bodies of the Chaplains. All evidence of last night had been cleaned up by other Soldier Biots

Syd was in regular civilian clothes, pale and gaunt as she poured the tea, yet still having some of that eerie beauty poking through despite her state of health. She hoped Starlin Rand Starlin Rand might show, but if he did not, well...Syd was so lonely at this point when Zabka wasn't around any company would be welcome, as long as it was friendly.

Zabka had shown as soon as Nathan had informed him. Starlin's father had actually baked a cake, and was keeping it in a mini stasis chamber by the table. He was staying by Syd's side in case House Io attacked again. (As part of House Io's continued blood feud with the Jedi, it had become so myopic that Light Side user's from other organizations were deliberately ignored unless there was no choice, just to rub it in that Jedi would always get the House at it's worst.)

"There's all sorts of stuff going on with Susevfi..." The Man in White The Man in White remarked in his white Nehru suit, sipping tea next to Syd.

"I regret not coming here during the Plague..."

"Did I?" Syd asked.

"Dunno...but every now and then, I swear I feel like something has called you here...called us here."

"How's the ex?" Syd asked.

"I make sure she is well hidden. Well protected..." Zabka answered. "She wants for nothing."

"I'm glad..." Syd answered, remembering parts of the Day Starlin lost his hand. She had let Nimdok down. He had sent him in her path. And she had so totally fethed it all up. She was too scared to ask what Starlin's mother thought of her now...

Nevertheless, she waited...

OOC: Everyone is welcome! This thread can be adventure, social, intrigue...just no fleets or armies please.

Tasks that might interest you:

1. Grove investigation:

A thick, ancient grove picked up a distress call from a Jensaarai missing for months. Head into the area around the Grove and search for the Jensaarai, or the source of the transmission. Be careful! Local predators can be deadly in an ambush.

2. Crystal Cave:

A newly discovered Kyber Crystal Cave has been drawing all sorts of attention! Head in and scout the choicest samples!

3: Tomb:

An ancient Jensaarai Tomb has been unearthed and the Force of the area around it is disturbed. Investigate the source of the disturbance....

Ashka Tamas

A
5057B296-A158-4EFE-9935-B282BA8F6FE0.jpg

Task III: Tomb Raider

IMG_7676.webp

The Gini-vex Class ship came out of hyperspace above the planet, and began its descent. Inside the bubble amber cockpit, a figure clade in black and orange robes with a silver mask and gauntlets. His sterling fingers pulled on the sticks as the ship flipped on its side, the orange curtain catching the wind as it now glided without thrusters.

Ashka felt the strong aura of the Force, particularly that old familiar chatter of Ashla, who he once served. But that is not why this Fallen One had come, as ever the call of tombs drew him as he passed by systems, their relics and what else of value could be robbed. The Dark Jedi had bo qualms walking over dead or picking clean their sacred storehouses. Hecalways found it bizarre that valuble things were buried with the dead, what use did they have for any of it?

The ship fell as a kot on the wind till it came down to open plain pf wheat. There Ashka lowered the ramp, clipped his saber on his belt, and threw a spade on his back with a sling. Descending the white steps, he held out device with amber hud screen, scanning the grounds. The Tomb was nearby, but often in burials little treasures fell off. His hud chimed as he came to a patch of dirt, he scanned the terrain and saw a piece of a belt. Taking his spade he dug it up. It had an ornate symbol with tusks. He would have thought it the Mythosaur of the Mandalorians, but the tusks was where shorter and there were three. Examing the materials, Ashka identified some bronze, and some pieces of gold. Not a great find, still it was better than nothing, woukd fetch a descent price at market, especially if anyone knew what the Chaos the symbol meant. The Dark Jedi pressed on, his cape of charcoal blowing in the wind as he made his way towards a hill side, where a great mound of dirt was leveed into a terrace of sorts. A great stone slab was rolled over an opening that lead beneath the surface. Ashka scanned the rock, tilting his silver visor, he stepped back.

Extending both hands, the Tomb Stone began to tremble, then rattle, pieces of earth fell like drops, and an opening of shadow was formed. The Masks Darksider squeezed himself in, his hud light amber as he turned on a spotlight. There was a tunnel that lead further in, the walls had some carvings, more of those tusks and some scenes of warriors in a great battle. Ashka ran his metal glove hand over one of the murals, a face of some mighty man, probably long dead.

‘All the glory, all the struggle, and in the end you are buried like everyone else.’ Thought Ashka.

He had seen through the folly of causes. The zeal they created at the expense of one’s autonomy. The shackles were all the same, some gold like the light, others blackened like the dark. All of it was a game of being a Worrt rooster, trying to crow loudest only to be dinner for someone else.

Ashka came to a chamber, some candles were lit. He turned off his light and reached for his saber. Freshly lit wicks meant someone had been there recently. The Dark Jedi scanned the room with his visor, he sensed in the Force for a presence.. nothing. That either meant they had left or worse, they were able to conceal their signature in the Force. Ashka stayed on his guard, he saw among the candles a grail shaped bowl with precious gems adorned in gold. It had fresh water in it. Pouring out the liquid hecl stuck it in his black sack when there was the sound of a rocks sliding. He turner and saw a counter weight that had been beneath of gilded basin had moved and now the door to the room was sliding closed, a great stone slab.

“Farrik!”

Ashka scrambled he came to the stone door frame, squeezing his nimble body through, crawling as it almost crushed his leg.

That was a close one. He stood in the main passage way and heard a howl. It was not the wind finding its way from the surface, no this was much sharper like from a living creature. He lowered his visor, and grabbed in one one motion his saber hilt, with a snap hiss the blood orange blade illuminated him and the tunnel, he turned back towards the surface. It woukd be wise to leave, but the tenptation of what else may be in the Tomb gnawed at his mind. What other treasures were just waiting to be taken? Turning back towards the path that lead deeper in the earth, he carried on, hoping whatever made that noise was just an attempt to scars off grave robbers.

Starlin was at a relative high point in his life for the first time in a long while. He had knighted his Padawan Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , the first of his apprentices to reach that goal, and had enjoyed the past few years of peace. But now conflict was on the horizon as tensions rose between the GA and the Mandalorians, and it seemed war was due to break out soon.

Despite the obvious enemy, Knight Rand couldn't help but turn his attention toward the Sith. He had heard rumors they were rising again in the far reaches of the galaxy, but nothing concrete. After seeing Makko off, he left Coruscant and his other Padawan Tenn Kalos behind to travel the stars, searching for clues.

That was when he received Syd's message.

It didn't sound like her, but he knew better than to expect that. She had changed, and not just because they had grown apart since her departure from the Order. Her duel against the Battalion had robbed her of many memories, fracturing her identity. She didn't even have the same face anymore, so why should she talk the same?

Still, he heeded her summons and headed to Susevfi in the starfighter she gifted him, the Torch Bearer. He arrived at the temple without much fanfare, landing quietly and walking into the compound with the healing crystal she had asked about in hand. There were no guards apparent at the entrance, which surprised him at first, but he quickly deduced that the security measures must be hidden away.

"Syd?" he called out, his voice echoing through the halls, which seemed almost abandoned. "I got your message. I brought the ship and the crystal..."

Tides of Change

tython.jpg

Susefvi
Objective I: Grove Investigation

7BUIiLq.png

The distress call itself wasn’t what troubled Elias. It was the fact that a Jensaarai had sent it that brought the Jedi Master back to RTL space.

He admittedly knew little of the Jensaarai tradition beyond what he’d picked up around the Coalition temple on Dagobah, but one thing he knew for certain was that they were ferocious warriors and often terribly stubborn. If a Jensaarai was calling for help on Susefvi of all places, they likely needed it.

The Calypso’s thrusters dimmed as Elias brought the ship down in a clearing just beyond the grove. He checked his bags, hand resting on his lightsaber as he thought, for a moment, of Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl and the last time they responded to a distress beacon. It almost felt strange to face unknown peril without him.

Elias chuckled to himself, donning a hooded cloak and pulling it over his dreadlocks.

He stepped down the landing ramp, thoughts turning now to the young warrior he met on Dagobah some months ago.

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher was a strong warrior and a good ally during Elias’ last station with the RJC, and while it was unfortunate circumstances that brought them back together now, he was glad to work with him again.

"Starlin!" Syd whispered, still very sick looking and pale as Starlin Rand Starlin Rand approached. She rose from her seat, watching him hold the healing crystal. That must be what she had made for him.

She remembered she still looked like The Amalgam, and not wanting to disturb him, quickly covered herself with her hooded green cloak. She couldn't stand The Amalgam's face. OR her voice. Syd now had the Coruscant accent of the thing she merged with to save her life. She couldn't help it.

"I'm...I'm glad you showed..." Syd spoke, quickly taking the Crystal and setting it down, hugging him, and then going over to pour tea, hands shaking from the poison she still battled back with the Force and medicine, and the constant nervous feelings she now experienced.

He forced her hand to be steady when pouring his tea, but lost control of the shaking when it came to her own cup.

"Nights on Susevfi tend to be cold, so making tea helps pass the time AND keeps me warm..." Syd explained as she sat down.

"Zabka!" She called out. "Starlin's here!"

Zabka Bis'clavret, The Man in White The Man in White , came out in his white Nehru Suit, holding a cake.

"Hi, son." Zabka spoke, holding the double layer chocolate cake which he set down.

"I was very proud of you, hearing you had gotten somebody to Knight Level..." Zabka said. He kept tabs on Starlin as always, writing to him regularly about how his mother was, gradually opening up more about his past, and always tried to visit directly when he had spare time. But it had been months since they had seen each other in the flesh.

Zabka was a different man. Coming out of retirement officially had given little glimpses in to the type of man he had been during the plague. To say that even now, he kept a lot of secrets was an understatement.

"I promise, I've learned from past failures with cakes..." Zabka mentioned.

(Cutaway of one of his starships burning down while a very young Starlin and his mother watch while Zabka facepalms in embarrassment)

"I followed the recipe exactly this time..." He said, getting a plate out and cutting a slice for Starlin.

(Cutaway of a pile of dead rancors in the middle of the street on Coruscant's upper level while a very young Starlin watches Zabka desperately trying to explain what happened to the Cops)

"Not too much egg..."

(Cutaway of a young Starlin and his Mother watching an entire untouched, uninhabited valley on Dantooine burning down while Zabka runs from angry, rampaging animals fleeing the valley)

"Or too much flour..."

(Cutaway of A FREAKING MOUNTAIN on Hoth burning while Zabka, Starlin, and his mother watch in shock at the sheer incompetence of Zabka at baking anything)

"Just right..." Zabka assured as he set the plate for Starlin down, helping Syd pour her own tea when her hand shook too badly.

(Cutaway of Syd, Nathan, Lynda, Vera, and Moya watching with Zabka in shock as a building they were having built implodes from what happened during his first dry run at making a cake for Starlin in years)

Syd, clearly remembering how total the destruction of the building they had been in last week was, carried a look of grave concern about the cake as it was laid in front of her.

Ashka Tamas

A
The Raider followed the maze of tunnel down into a great chamber, where he heard the drip of water. His blood orange blade a torch that he used to examine some sarcophagi, one which had a stone top moved.

“Curious..”

Was there another Graverobber down here?

Looking inside he saw claw marks on the top on the inner stone.

“What in the?”

There was a growl again, this time it was not faint, but came from close by. The Dark Jedi held his saber to illuminate, standing before him was a red eyes monstrosity with great fangs, pointed ear and gangreen skin. It hissed at him, ite claws pawing at his silver mask.

“Farrik..”

The creature growled and there him into the dark, his saber fell and went out. There was tussle in the shadows, Tamas felt the Monster leap on him, he punched his silver gauntlet into its head and crawled in the pitch black, searching for his saber himt, his hand scrapping the stone floor till he felt the chrome hilt. Suddenly Ashka felt his leg grabbed, the tug pulling him inti the dark. The Dark Jedi lost grip of his saber, it rolling, he reached out calling it to him, ot rolled back and with a snap hiss he ignited his blade like a fire and cut at the crrature, lopping off its ear, it growled that ghastly noise and Ashka began his escape, some of the other tombs began to shake. Running back up the main tunnel The Raider heard a scurring behind him, sharp claws stirring in the shadows after him. He came to the enterence of the tomb, it was sealed.

“Oh Farrik! Dank this cursed place!”

He dug the blade into the rock, trying to burn a molten hole through, he heard the howls of the Damned coming, they were almost upon him. Seeing that he could not bore through, he swept the blade as a torch in a diagonal, cutting into three Green Goblins.

He then pressed through the horde that grsbbed at his blade, their fingere burning and tearing off like falling figs, they shrieking as he inched to side of the wall and made his eay down, cutting at them, many recoiling as they realized the torch was hot and severed their appendages.

Ashka made his way into a side tunnel, and ran. The Horde following with those shrill sounds.

Not the best raid.

Starlin grew alarmed at the sight of his sickly and weakened master. “Syd, what happened?” He looked at the healing crystal as she took it from his hand and set it down. “Looks like you need this more than me.

Her hand began to shake as she poured the tea. Starlin had half a mind to reach out and steady her, but he didn’t want to make her feel weak. It was bad enough that she was clearly sick.

Zabka arrived not long after. “Hey Dad,” Starlin greeted him. This many years after their reunion, he was no longer awkward around his biological father, but he wasn’t quite comfortable with him either. “Thanks. I’m very proud of my apprentice. Er, former apprentice. I’m sure he’ll be a great Jedi Knight.

He eyed the cake Zabka had baked warily, before shrugging. "You only live once." He picked up a knife and cut a slice. It seemed okay consistency-wise. After putting it on his plate, he grabbed a fork and raised the first bite of cake to his mouth…

Tides of Change

tython.jpg

Susefvi

7BUIiLq.png

<“Corbin?”> Elias said over a secured comms channel.

He knew from experience that many Forcers in the League of Light preferred not to communicate telepathically. Elias learned as much from Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider on their mission to Sullust.

<“I’ve made landfall in the Calypso, a dozen meters or so from the edge of the grove.”>

From this distance, there appeared to be little out of the ordinary, save the scarcity of forests and woodlands elsewhere in the vicinity. Elias had always assumed that Susevfi was covered in arid woodlands, but this was an anomaly. Whether it was good or otherwise, it was too soon to say. The Jedi pulled the hood of his robes over his head and set off toward the gnarled branches and thick trunks ahead.

<“I’m approaching now, Vasher,”> he informed.

<“Going silent from here on. You’ll know where to find me.”>

Perhaps the young Jensaarai had gotten pulled away on League business, or maybe he’d gone ahead. The latter scenario made Elias a bit nervous, but he hadn’t sensed immediate danger yet. Only the strange heaviness of a mystery yet unsolved.

After a short walk through tall grass, Elias finally reached the grove.

Alright, Edo, let’s do this.

He checked his lightsaber one final time, then stepped into the thicket.

RTL_Sig.png

The message from Elias Edo Elias Edo came through broken and garbled, but Corbin mostly understood what was conveyed. The Jedi was on his way. Unfortunately, Corbin couldn't send his own message, and he definitely could open a real-time hololink. Something about this place interfered with the signal, which shouldn't be possible. Then again, it was not really that surprising, considering this place had supposedly not even existed until now. Susevfi did not have groves. It had plains and savannahs. But suddenly, a small grove had appeared out of nowhere.

That in itself was fascinating, but what was more, at the center of this grove was a cave, a cave that looked naturally formed, but was impossibly out of place on Susevfi. The whole place radiated with an odd Force energy. It was almost blinding to Corbin's natural Force Sight.

As he studied the cave entrance, he felt a different yet familiar presence from behind. He turned to look at the arriving Jedi. "Cousin Elias. Good to see you again. Sorry I couldn't reply. There's something about this place... as I'm sure you can tell." He looked back towards the cave entrance. "And it's stronger coming from further in there. Honestly, it's slightly similar to the energy I felt in the Netherworld, though not completely the same."

Tides of Change

tython.jpg

Susefvi

7BUIiLq.png

A big grin spread across the Jedi’s face when Corbin came into view ahead. He patted the Jensaarai on the shoulder, greeting him like an old friend.

It’s good to see you, as well,” Elias said.

His eyes followed to the cavernous entrance in the heart of the grove. He sensed the strange disturbance as well, an unnatural distortion in the Force.

I sense it, too. Whatever it is, we can’t let it stop us from helping. Have you any ideas what this could be?

The Netherworld was a realm Elias had very little experience with; He may have been Corbin’s elder by more than a few years, but he’d defer to the young warrior fully in this regard. They couldn’t afford to make mistakes now, with another man’s life potentially on the line.

Elias knelt down, pinching a bit of soil and rubbing it between his fingers. It was dry, baseless… abnormal for a grove like this. He rose to his feet after a moment.

Whatever this is, it’s certainly not natural.

RTL_Sig.png

I sense it, too. Whatever it is, we can’t let it stop us from helping. Have you any ideas what this could be?
Whatever this is, it’s certainly not natural.
Corbin shook his helmeted head. "It is both natural and unnatural at the same time, a paradoxical anomaly. Same as this Aura. If I had to describe it, it is like there is a Harmony between Order and Chaos, but a very fine one. What it means, I do not know. I tend to... behave a bit differently when exposed to Netherworld energy, like the Chaos influences me somehow. I think I should be okay with this, since it's not quite the same. Despite the strangeness, there is technically still balance here..."

Noting the dryness of the soil Elias pointed out, Corbin scanned and analyzed it. "Hardly any nutrients. Almost like sand. But it radiates with the Force. Perhaps that is what is sustaining the vegetation. It's clearly what had kept the grove hidden. But why has it now suddenly revealed itself?" He shrugged. "We won't find out standing here, plus we have a mission to fulfill."

With that, Corbin summoned a mote of light in his hand and entered the cave, Elias right behind him. "Normally I wouldn't need light to see, but this place is blinding my Force Sight, so I must rely on my regular eyes."

Tides of Change

tython.jpg

Susefvi

7BUIiLq.png

Perhaps it wasn’t hidden when the Jensaarai found it?” Elias postulated. The grove could very well have been discovered by their missing man, rather than having been waiting around in the open.

It could have been an accidental discovery that drew the grove out of hiding, into physicality here.

Elias knew that there were rifts between this world and the next, and that in some places they were thin enough to bleed into one another. Like shatterpoints, though this particular anomaly was something much more powerful than that.

"We won't find out standing here, plus we have a mission to fulfill."

The Jedi nodded, filtering in behind Corbin as the pair descended into the cave mouth. With the mote of light, they could see rather well their surroundings. There was no immediate signs of danger, or the Jensaarai, but Elias figured as much. He was already betting on finding their man in the furthest reaches the depths.

As they walked, Elias noted the strange fungal growths that sprouted from the cave walls. Thick stalks with round, cup-like caps that glowed a brilliant aquamarine. He paused for a moment while Corbin looked around, taking a thin glass vial from his pack and collecting a sample. Elias was known as the Druid Jedi by many, and this was why; He had a passion for harvesting and growing flora back at his enclave on Bogano.

Satisfied with his fungal seedling, Elias returned to their search. The fluctuations in the Force were odd, but nothing spelled danger or gave him cause to worry about the missing man’s life. I’m fact, the sudden lulls of stillness were so serene that Elias figured the Jensaarai was at peace in the caves, or had died restfully deeper inside.

Soon, they came upon a junction.

I hate this part,” Elias said with a frown.

Shall we split? Or tackle each side together, one after the other?

The anomaly made it impossible to tell which direction was the right one. They’d have to cast their own lot here, and hope it was the better call.

RTL_Sig.png

Corbin noticed Elias gathering some samples. "Good idea to collect what you can while you can. No telling how long this place will remain. Hopefully we won't have too much trouble leaving."

I hate this part,” Elias said with a frown.

Shall we split? Or tackle each side together, one after the other?

The junction in question had several branching paths, each one almost indistinguishable from one another, all with the same blinding aura. Oddly enough, though, it did not prevent Corbin from noticing the faint wisps he had been seeing lately. They were wisps of violet light that he was sure was the Cosmic Force guiding him. He had no way to prove it, other than a hunch he felt at the core of his being. He extended his arm, pointing down the second tunnel from the left. "This way. Or, at the very least, I am meant to go this way." He doubted he would be able to properly explain it, considering he did not really even understand it himself. "Will you come with me, or choose a different path?"

That very question seemed to fit Corbin's life so well right now.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I hinestly had forgotten about this one.

Tides of Change

tython.jpg

Susefvi

div-green.png

I'm with you," Elias said with a nod. Especially in circumstances like these, when so much was unknown, it was far wiser to stick together. And if Corbin felt something pulling him in the Force, who was Elias to question him?

This was, after all, one of the young man's kin. Elias did not profess to understand the Jensaarai, so this was more or less Corbin's show. He stayed vigilant as they explored the anomaly, his focus on the actual structure of the cave and its ecosystem than the man they were here to find. He wanted Corbin to lead the way, and trusted him to do so. Everything about the cave seemed natural to the eye, but the Jedi could feel how out of place it was. Like a shard of someplace else, juxtaposed into Susefvi against the will of reality.

"Fascinating..." Elias whispered to himself. He looked to Corbin, who was a bit ahead of him now.

"Any signs of your comrade?" he asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom