Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The King is Dead. Long Live the Queen (Mandalorian Empire)

The King is Dead. Long Live The Queen.
Ascension of Mand'alor the Hell Wolf

H9Zs3pc.png

Baiko’s linen slippers padded along the marble corridor of the Sundari Palace, white hakama shuffling. The Palace lingered on a withheld exhale, a pause the Atrisian woman felt in her bones and the laces of White Current she allowed in such a dangerous place. Ambrose Vizsla, loyal head of the Yalilyr, stood waiting with the entire Yalilyr on call, lining the private and public spaces, standing at attention.

The entire planet had been shut completely down.

All Alors were to be called to the Throne Room, all Death Watch to posts, all Vevut Vod to stations, all Mando’ade on alert. Baiko handled all plans, hushed like a whisper in the ear of the Palace.

She entered Yasha and Kaden’s rooms, and seeing them asleep in their wedding bed, set out their clothing as she used to when they were children. Baiko made tea, set out a morning meal. Their armour was shining, or in [member="Kaden Mantis"]’ case, as black as pitch. Only once everything was prepared, did Baiko bring the tray of tea to the bed, and cleared her throat to wake them.

It was time.

Malika Mantis was dead, and it was time.

"Yasha, Kaden. I understand that it is early and you are exhausted from yesterday's revels, but I need you to drink your tea, eat your meal and listen to me. Do it now, no arguing, no talk. And for Manda's sake stop being shy, you've got skin, I see it, oh well, I'm a mother not a prude." Baiko waited, giving the two a small amount of space to sip and eat and make ready.

Once they were situated, Baiko waved her hand and a holo projector ascended from the table beside Yasha's couch. The footage played. "We received this from spacers outside Corellia. I took the liberty to have it authenticated, before bringing it to your attention. [member="Shia Kryze"] went to follow up on the lead, and has much to report from a [member="Jorus Merrill"]. Take your time. Watch it... and when you are ready, I have had [member="Darth Carnifex"] elegantly detained and the planet locked down. Gray is... he is waiting for when you are ready... but we must begin to act, Yasha. Today is the day. You must take command today or this will tear Mandalore apart. It is your Aunt Malika, and yes, that does appear to be a Sith Lord committing an act of war. Take a care, there is much which requires wisdom."

H9Zs3pc.png

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Kyra"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Teagan Stoirm"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Sel Wyrick"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Liset Vereen"] @Johanes Quez [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Atin Alo'ran"] [member="Beskadala Ordo"] [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Caius Fett"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Kervo Namadi"]

H9Zs3pc.png

Kaden and [member="Yasha Mantis"] had been officially married for about one day. It was typical for them, but certainly not what could be considered typical for anyone else. In the short time they had been married Yasha had been adopted by [member="Gray Raxis"] and offered the hand of Anicus Zambrano a minor son of [member="Darth Carnifex"]. Naturally Kaden had been furious. The one responsible for bringing Ra back to life and likely a puppet master of the Mandalorian people for this entire time was trying to keep his fingers into any who would claim leadership. What was worse, the matter had yet to be properly discussed as [member="Baiko no Kaho"] has stepped in.

She was there when she needed to be. Had it not been for her the Mandalorian Empire would be at war with the Sith Empire. Kaden had been quick to act. Even Gray had to pull him back. It was Yasha’s touch that had calmed him, and her skin against his now which allowed him to sleep.

They had shared two nights of happiness and passion now, and for Kaden there was no end in sight. He knew where Yasha stood on who she belonged to and the man she wanted in her bed. It was never a doubt. Kaden just wished the Dark Lord had never been invited.

Kaden was startled by the rattling of tea cups and the presence of Baiko. He held the sheets up to cover his naked body. ”Even so... I am naked.” No man at this age wanted to be seen naked by the woman they called mother. Kaden did not call Baiko that when she was present, but Yasha had heard him use those words.

He drank his tea and grabbed a robe. Kaden had taken time the precious day to move his clothing into the apartment Yasha had in the palace. This was their home now.

It did not take Kaden long to be dressed, at least in his armorweave. He eyed his beskar’gam which stood on the armor tree Baiko had gotten them. It would have shined had it not been covered in the black pitch of the Netherworld. Kaden rest his hand upon it. A small prayer of rememberance was made for [member="Aditya Mantis"], the woman who made the armor for him. His attention moved to the footage.

Kaden’s eyes grew wide. His fist balled up as he clenched it tightly. He grit his teeth but said notheing.

”And we think he is behind this? Yes, he threatened me yesterday, but he came to offer a son to Yasha. Why risk ending an alliance he came here to secure and further his control in?”

For Kaden the reaction was more calm than usual. He was trying. For Yasha’s sake he was trying. Baiko had also trained him to be better than the wild youth she had first met.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Kyra"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Teagan Stoirm"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Sel Wyrick"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Liset Vereen"] @Johanes Quez [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Atin Alo'ran"] [member="Beskadala Ordo"] [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Caius Fett"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Kervo Namadi"]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaenkxdqPFw[/video]​
““Repent!” the preacher cried, “Repent and lose
No time—offended God or Hades—choose!”
Why should they choose? What means this threat of hell
To us, who groped from primal ooze? and well,
We were the men—abortions of young Time,
Spewed from th’ abhorred, the world’s ensanguined slime,
Hated, and hunted forth from bog and pen,
Naked and homeless—God! And we were men."*

Baiko entered the bedroom and Yasha pulled the covers to her chin. Her stomach imploded to a singularity inside her, sucking words and murmurs and the joyful desires of cuddling up to her new spouse into a pinprick. She focused in the stillness as Baiko fed them, let her riduur and herself dress. Sitting to watch the holo-projected image, Yasha felt Baiko’s hands in her hair, braiding it in the crown braid which fit best under her buy’ce.

“Yash’ika…”

“…Yash’ika…”

“… Yash….”

“No rare or pleasing Paradise we found,
A dismal shambles held the teeming ground,
And evil creatures hunting night and day,
By turns became the hunter and the prey.”*

There laid the fate of Malika Mantis, a two hundred year old sentient being, whose last acts had been to lash out at the emptiness and sorrow in a little girl’s heart. Silent tears spilled from a still face. Kaden was talking, and then the talking stopped. Baiko tucked the last piece of hair into the raven crown.

Yasha’s hand stretched upon the hilt of Kal-Buir, the songsteel blade Quoron Viszla gave with his loyalty and heart. She lofted the blade, heard the sting of its’ slice in the air and sheathed it on her right hip. She picked up the war hammer Rekr'Karyatesa Tal created for her and slid it to the magstrip on her back.

“We won’t have to think in a minute. We’ll know whether Darth Carnifex killed my Aunt. We’ll know and be done with it.” Yasha’s voice was steady and low, an alto impressed by the gravity of her time. Her boots thundered in her ears as she walked from the rooms of her new married life to the throne room of Manda’yaim.

Braziers of black metal cast blue and white flames upon the high black marble columns and vaulted ceiling. The throne, that seat of marble sat perilously upon the dais. The Palace was protected by a hidden Bral, cloaking it from the Force which was and was not the source of woe in a universe created by Manda.
“It was a world of terror and disgust,
A world of ceaseless carnage, deep distrust;
And beauty lurked, her loveliness a snare
Of sudden death, or torture and despair.
What old and monstrous god reigned there, supine?
Stamped earth his winepress, quaffed her blood for wine,
Brutish with drunken, senseless play,
Flung hearts and bodies like squeezed grapes away?”*

"Kaden, stand by me. Baiko, help Gray stand on my left side… with you." Her strides were firm and long as she walked through the Yalilyr, the Death Watch’s most elite guard, as she walked past the Vevut Vod, those golden knights. Yasha’s cloak had, at Baiko’s insistence changed from the red of honouring a parent to the gray of mourning, her Mantis wolf and circlet of blades enrobing the garment. It fluttered as she walked up the steps, as Ambrose Vizsla held his pole arm in his hand, thrust the butt of it into the ground.
The clang echoed in the hall.
The Hell Wolf took her throne.
Rekr'Karyatesa's pommel hit the ground like a thunderous call to battle.
A call which rang through the entirety of Manda'yaim, its' colonies, Mando'ade from across the stars, calling her sons and daughters home.

“Bring me Carnifex and his son! Bring me Munin and Mantis and Kyra. Open the doors, Manda’yaim calls for answers!”

“We blame not Thee, great God, for all amiss,
Nor shalt Thou blame us either—tell us this:
For all this dread mischance, who shall atone?
We blame not Thee, great God, let us alone.”*

* Poem taken from Flame and Adventure, by A.C. Dalton

H9Zs3pc.png
[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Kyra"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Teagan Stoirm"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Sel Wyrick"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Liset Vereen"] [member="Joanes Quez"] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Atin Alo'ran"] [member="Beskadala Ordo"] [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Caius Fett"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Kervo Namadi"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Carnifex had already left his room to seek out Yasha, and was guided the rest of the way by the very guards en route to collect him. Something nagging at the pit of his stomach had driven him to wander the halls, the same feeling that had settled during the capture of Rhen Var.

He strode into the throne room, tall and proud as the crimson of his cloak trailed behind his muscular body. His son, Ancius, trailed behind him to his left, but he too stood as proud as his father; his own composure bolstered by his father's unwavering sense of dominance. Neither of them bore their weapons, for they had not brought any to Mandalore to begin with, so confident was the Dark Lord that he would not require it. His son had argued against such a bold and profoundly foolish tactic, but Carnifex had assured him that the threads of fate did not bound his demise to that world.

Ten meters did he put between himself and the throne, respectfully bowing as was customary between heads of state. Yet, anger poured off from her body, she did not summon him just for the cause of bearing witness to her coronation. Something had happened, and the Dark Lord had an inkling as to what. His thoughts returned to the taking of Rhen Var, when the Lady of Secrets delivered onto him the news that his apprentice, dubious in loyalty, had done something to anger the Mandalorians and the Outer Rim Coalition.

Was this the culmination of her scheming? Carnifex had to be wary.

"For what purpose have you summoned me, Yasha Mantis? Your anger radiates outward like an open furnace."

[member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Kaden Mantis"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Nisha Decrilla

N
There was a beat in her step, the viper Yasha had handed to her at the party lay about her shoulders forked tongue flicking, ink black eyes surveying everything. Kyra had heard it all, she'd heard the ripple that moved across the planet, the shift up in security, the whispered call to arms. There was death close by, she could feel it and it gave her a modicum of pleasure.

She stepped into the throne room behind the Sith Emperor and his son, both we're kneeling. She could see the bloodshot eyes of her new master, the tell tale sign of tears. Sensors told her her heart rate was elevated. Conclusion? They knelt because they had upset her. She blinked once and drew a slender sword from its sheath at her hip, and moved to stand a step behind the Sith Emperor, the sword hanging loosely at her side.

But Yasha need only give her a word.

[member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Darth Carnifex"]

Atsushi Ono

A
Dorn had been called, along with several other Alore of powerful clans within the Mandalorian Empire. While he supported the Mandalorian Empire through his credits, clan warships, and through word of mouth, Dorn had actually spent little time with the new Empire's military force, proffering to expand his mercenary business, fighting wars for others on their dime. He found that raids were bad for business, but if he was sending the credits he was earning to the Empire and having MandalMotors pump out war machines...Well there wasn't much they could say to point to disloyalty which gave him more free time than other Alore.

But the Mand'alor had called.

Or at least, he thought he had. But when he arrived he was inexplicably missing from the throne room in Sundari. Some woman he had never seen before sat upon the throne, incredibly young. It took a few minutes for him to put things together before he realized that it could only be Yasha Mantis, but he knew for a fact he had only been gone a few months. How in the Manda did a girl on the cusp of being of age to complete her verd'gotten grow into a grown woman and take the mantle of Mandalore?

Behind his helmet he gritted his teeth. Again, the title of Mand'alor alluded him, and this time to a young upstart who a few months ago could barely speak Mando'a in but broken words. But he would still his tongue. He had his clan to worry about. For now he stood rigid in his white and red armor.

Darth Carnifex entered the room, and when he spoke he realized this meeting was more than he thought it would have been when he first received the call.

Half a klick from the Bral, Ember sat outside a tapcaf. The big announcement hovered in public conversation. He listened and sipped a fine Atrisian tea that reminded him of the Jade Worlds. Those had been the days, hadn't they. Simpler times.

He stretched out to the Force and, naturally, felt nothing in the direction of the palace. The Bral's field covered the entire complex or close enough. Here, just outside its influence, Ember stretched out to the Force and waited.

The imperial shuttle reverted into real space above Mandalore and its pilot habitually raised the shields. It had been a long run from Nibelungen, and from the Outer Rim before that with Jorus hot on her tail. Evrythign hung in the balance. Today she would know if her's and Mara's work had gone to good use. She rolled her shoulders, letting out a breath before flicking the sensors on, and recording everything. Every detail she could glean.

Mandalore had raised her defences, its usually loose patrol fleet had tightened up. Something was happening. She extended her sense, reaching out to find [member="Darth Carnifex"], but couldn't locate him. Could it be? No, don't get ahead of yourself Calina, they wouldn't be that stupid, surely?

"Unidentified vessel, you have five seconds to come to a full stop and identify."

"Here we go." she murmured with a roll of her eyes, bringing the shuttle as close to a stop as she possible could and replying. "This is The Deceiver, my name in Calina Ovmar. I fought with you at Utapau and am apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith Empire. He has summoned me, and I must obey. Requesting permission to land."

"Permission denied. No one lands today."

So they were on lock down? A hand moved to compose a written message, heavily encrypted. "Expecting trouble?"

"I'm not about to discuss it with a dar'jetii." Calina snorted and hit send.

M.

I've arrived. Planet is on lock down, can't land.

C.

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

"Very well, may I speak with the Emperor?"

"You can send him a message, what do you want to say?"

"Unacceptable. You have the leader of the Sith Empire secured on a locked down planet, I need to speak with him directly. Call it reassurance." There was a moments pause.

"Negative. Hold your position and wait for further instructions."

He terminated the call. Calina sat back took a breath and composed a message before opening a line direct to her Master's personal comm link.

"My Lord, these empty headed fools are refusing me entry to the planet. Seems they've locked it down. I take the celebrations we not as jovial as you'd hoped?"

[member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Ember Rekali"]

[member="Calina Ovmar"]

Prompt reply, comparable encryption.

///Standing by for evac if necessary///

She hadn't told Calina that she'd be in the area, but her Pau City Blockade Runner could go three times faster than Calina's ship in hyperspace. Catching up, finding a safe spot in deep space, hadn't taken much work. The unarmed transport wouldn't be much use in a fight, but it sure had legs.

Everything Was locked down something was not rught at all, she stood at her home or well till one could be made it was merely a place of shelter. She glanced out as she looked up seeing many many cruisers and such patrolling the skies...it was that karking dar'jetii every since he showed up to the celebrations everything got tense and suddenly everything was on lock down

She checked her weapons three times over, it was a call it seemed but she hated war especially against with! She had no force powers! But maybe she was over thinking things...she relaxed and started for the palace at a semi fast pace...the manda'alor called and she would answer

Sel stalked down the halls of the palace, his eyes flicking between some of the different Mandalorians who stood some of the corner halls.

There was something happening within the Palace, something within the throne room, but he didn't care about that. Politics and diplomacy was all semantics in his mind, none of it really mattered, none of it really concerned him. Sel didn't particularly care what happened, nor did he care who it happened to.

All that mattered was progress.

He moved quickly through the halls, some of the others shirking away from him as they saw something slither beneath his cloak. To them, he was something of an outlier. Many of them didn't understand his work, and fewer accepted it. To the traditional Mandalorian Sel did not live within the bounds of "honor". He did not fight on the battlefield with blaster and beskaad, but instead used a different weapon. Science, research, and creations of war that many across the galaxy could only dream of.

The Doctor cared nothing for them.

They weren't important.

Other matters drew his attention, and they were not of politics or the deaths of family members. Malika Mantis had meant nothing to him, and her passing was to him as the passing of nerf. He stalked down the hall towards the throne room, his lips tweaking into a small smile.

How many days now had Gray been on Mandalore? This should make the third. It was hard to keep track of time now without his sight. So much of what time was to others depended on it yet the meaning completely changed once you were blind. It was the same way with other things as well. Gray was staying were he had been since the first day and it was [member="Baiko no Kaho"] who ended up waking him up that morning. He had been told what today would be about. It was going to be rough on many levels. That meant he needed to get himself ready. He needed to be wearing his armor.

Gray had joined up with [member="Yasha Mantis"] because she wanted him on her left while her husband was on her right side. He couldn't sense either her or [member="Kaden Mantis"] because of them being force dead, but he didn't need to. Anyone could feel the emotions they would be feeling walking into the throne room. He was just glad Baiko was there to help keep him on track with the pair. His was in his clan armor as always. The dark blue and gray of Clan Raxis with the Raxis wolf over the heart. Many clans identified with wolves and each for a different reason. For Gray's clan it was for the very reason he was with Yasha right now. Their strength lied together not alone and each member was devoted to the betterment of the pack whole heartedly. He wore no helmet. He didn't need one. Instead he had his gray scarf covered in Mandalorian symbols over his eyes. He had no pistol on his hip. That he had given to Yasha the day before when they became father and daughter. The only weapon he had on him was Whisper. It's hilt home rested on his right hip ready when he needed it.

After they got into the throne room and into their positions, Gray could already tell that [member="Darth Carnifex"] was waiting. The Sith must have been waiting to speak with Yasha or something before this was called. When he came in with his son in tow, Gray was able to hear them. It sounded like they had knelt. An empty gesture if so. All the Dark Lord asked was what was going on. No one but those around the throne knew. Today was not going to be pleasant nor was it going to go well. It was Yasha's right and place to address the man first. It was the only voice he would have respected to some degree here. But Gray needed to worry first about his role as a father and his role as an alor second right now. He reached over and placed a hand on Yasha's shoulder. He said in a low voice so only she, Kaden, and Baiko could hear, " Don't let your anger control you. Feel it, accept it, but don't give into it. We are Mandalorians. We will settle this and we will mourn. First though we need to make sure we know who our immediate enemy is before we start a war." He had been in her place several times before, but not in the same position. He wanted nothing more than to give her a hug and let her cry it out right now. But Mandalore needed something of her first before she could mourn in private. All he could do is try to guide her through it.

Gray turned his attention to Kaine next. " She will let you know when everyone gathers. Why don't the both of you rise to your feet if you aren't already? We are allies are we not? That means you are an equal until we have reason to think otherwise. Just know that it concerns you as much as it does us." Was he speaking out of place? Yes. Yasha could do the talking, but it was best she didn't. Even if she was upset for him for saying what he said, Gray didn't regret any of it. He had no love for Sith, but Mandalore was in no shape to fight them right now. Better to keep things peaceful and calm before the eventual storm hit. The storm of the Sith always showed up to everyone's home eventually.

[member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Sel Wyrick"] @Amanda Kryze [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Kyra"]

Shia did not quite arrive at the throne room at a dead run, not quite, she skidded to a halt outside, checked the darksaber was in its place at her back - she might need it today - and then walked with calm into the room, her stide easy and her mood that of a relaxed warrior, prepared for danger.

She'd had ample warning and processed her grief and her anger, after all. She knew what Yasha might be feeling now, and looking at the room she could read exactly what was going to happen - when did I become the diplomat and social butterfly?

The lockdown wouldn't be easy to bypass, but... she double tapped a single button on her comm, sending a long a complex signal of commands. Clan Kryze hadn't lived centuries without prepartion and exit strategies, and even if this went really badly non-linear the family would survive. The order to be ready for further instructions, that the world was about to change. ([member="Amanda Kryze "])

She almost smiled at the sight of Grey talking, but even beneath her helmet she did not. To see him here was a sure sign of the change she'd worked for - almost died for - and she knew it would drive a few people to infuration when they arrived.

Today was the day then. Cometh the hour, cometh the vod. Or the Mand'alor. Perhaps. Three forces could wreck all of this, and if she had to, she'd kill all three herself to see that her people survived. That was what it meant to Mandalorian, after all. To kill until the day was done, then to go back home to your family. She didn't have a personal family, but she had the angry young woman sat on the throne and the man beside her and she had her Clan. They would be enough, enough to kill for, enough to lie for, more than enough to die for.

She took her place among the Alor, without fear or favour forcing some of the others further back, claiming a status Kryze had not been due until recently. That some said it was still not due.

Then she threw her mind in neutral and waited, what was said almost did not matter - oh, it would convey so much, and all the better to be here to listen. It was happened at the climax of this drama that mattered.

Ember’s concept of the dark side had come together during his formative years in a Dark Jedi academy. A long Jedi career, a profound fall, and immersion in Nightsister magic hadn't changed much. He still saw the dark side as fundamentally about selfishness. Fear, anger, hatred, cruelty, all the other traditional traits? Indicators, paths, side effects, but not the core of it. So when Ember Rekali meditated on the dark side, he didn't sit there trying to be angry, stoking negative emotion like some flop-haired boy wailing along to a guitar. No, he just let himself remember all the things he'd lost.

Faran had been his fourth child, third with Kol, and first to die. A Sith poisoned him on Ossus while kidnapping a young Jedi named Ashin Varanin. Faran - Force, he'd been in his grave thirty years. Nice kid, quiet, not precocious, bit of a follower. Memories of memories painted him in an idealized way, so Ember had always tried to cling to the details. Flow-walking helped. It always helped.

The next to die? Kol, his wife of a good quarter century even back then. They'd been together since they were kids in the Shadow Academy. They'd torn it down together. They'd moved through time, liberated worlds, loved as hard as anyone. She'd been a cyborg since getting spaced over Sabii during Cabbal Noir’s attack on Iara Beorht. A Sith Lord had slaughtered her on Dathomir, grafted her cybernetic limbs to a servant, consumed her soul and shunted her memories into their oldest son-

Rach. Brilliant, lazy, lascivious, broken Rach Kol-Rekali. The Jedi had expelled him, the Aing-Tii had struggled with him, he'd cheated on his wife Alliera more times than Ember could count - but in his way he'd been something special. Rach marrying a Mandalorian had led his family to the Resol'nare. Clan Rekali wouldn't have existed without Rach. He'd died saving Keldabe from a Sith and Death Watch nuclear attack. Now the Sith and Death Watch ruled Mandalore. He'd left any number of children and grandchildren to the clan. Their chief, Ember’s heir, was Rach’s daughter Alec.

Who'd died next after Rach? Certh and Benna at the Battle of Metalorn. Bad Jedi orders, tough Sith opposition. Certh had been a quiet, strong presence; Benna had been adventure incarnate, and pure innocent trouble. She'd brought the family flow-walking. Together, Certh and Benna had been the family's moral center.

Last? Aaralyn, Sword of the Jedi, tied with Rach as the most willful and frustrating of Ember’s children. The Republic had killed her at Roche, jettisoned her into space along with Mandalorian civilians she'd been helping.

Six names, six graves, on worlds scattered across the galaxy. Dathomir, Ossus, others. Sitting there in the back alley by the palace, Ember shook his head and sighed. Reminiscence had carried him away, but then again, wasn't that the point?

Clouds knotted overhead. The day turned cool.

It was strange.

Everything about it was odd and strange and it made Ronan suspicious. Oh, he didn't care about the Mantis runt being slaughtered by a Sith, neither about the Dark Lord of the Sith currently kneeling in front of the throne, no, it was the throne he wondered about and who settled itself on it. Odd, how these circumstances came together so neatly. The ascension to the throne and a crisis occurring roughly at the same time. Practically forcing the Mando'ade to accept the Mand'alor hopeful without question.

Some did.

Some were eager to bend their knees, to lay down and kiss the dirt in front of a child. Maybe they thought she would be easy to manipulate, maybe they had forgotten what else to use their knees for except kneeling, maybe they were cowards or maybe they were opportunists.

Maybe some were plain stupid.

Ronan, Aliit'buir of House Vizsla, strode into the throne room. The Emperor on one knee, his son next to him. Behind him came others, some Vizsla and his loyalists, other Alors, other warriors. The hell-wolf pup had called upon them all and Vizsla did not like it. Did not like the assumption. He had bend the knee to Ra, because he had been family once. When Ra had returned and christened himself the Undying... Ronan had been skeptical, but the promise of the Core-worlds set ablaze and their glory reclaimed after Munin's reign?

Acceptable.

This? This was not.

"Yasha Mantis." Not Mand'alor, no kneeling. It would be noted. As was the lack of deference from those Vizsla that came with. "I see you made yourself comfortable." He ignored the red-stained eyes and barely dried tears. Either it was an act - implied by the sudden calculus of grabbing the throne - or they were real. Either way, Ronan had never cared about tears. It had not stopped him burning down the Jedi Temple on Illum, slaughtering padawans and knights and masters, it would not stop him here.

"Your claim is bold as is your assumption. Why should I accept you?"

No, he did not care about Zambrano or the reason this pretender had called them all. It was a distraction and if Ronan was not mistaken, it was calculated distraction.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Vilaz Munin"] [member="Kyra"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Teagan Stoirm"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Sel Wyrick"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Liset Vereen"] [member="Joanes Quez"] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Amanda Kryze "][member="Atin Alo'ran"] [member="Beskadala Ordo"] [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Caius Fett"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Kervo Namadi"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Lady Kay"]​

"Alor Vizsla."

Shia surprised herself by stepping foward and snapping a response before Yasha could answer.

"Your point is well made, the Alorultai has yet to gather and that is not yet her Throne - or anyone's Throne. But your presence and your manner is not. Which is no surprise, given you have the manners of a starving wolf gnawing at the bones Ra throws you."

She gestured with one finger to the rest of the gathered alor.

"Resume your place, lest your betters put you in it."

[member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Ember Rekali"]

Alor Vizsla was not the only one casting doubts over the rise of the young Mantis in the oddly well-timed disappearance of Ra. Caius generally had a hard time trusting anything or anyone, for that matter. His distrust clear in his own view of the happenings of his people.

The Fett was summoned and he had heeded the call to see this coronation? The audience itself was surprising. Other than the clan heads and various other Mandalorians, the warrior noticed one Gray Raxis standing besides Yasha. A man that not long ago was partially executed by Ra Vizsla. His appearance so close to the claimant rose many questions in Caius' mind.

Everything seemed phoney to the hunter. So many recent events affecting his people all headed to the direction of the claimant's benefit.

The Sith Lords kneeling was another odd scene and another set of questions arose.

When Alor Vizsla voiced his thoughts, echoing Caius' own to an extent, one of the Kryze directly retorted. Caius surprised himself by cutting in the forming conversation. Cold voice coming through his helmet's annunciator:

"Speak when spoken to, Kryze." The chilling glare of his T-visor focused on the woman before the behemoth added. "Sitting on that throne is a claim by itself."

Caius didn't flinch or gesture around. He was not known for expressing much through body language. A stoic man, almost as if a statue was talking. Caius said enough, his own opinion and thoughts were usually voiced through action rather than useless talks.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Kyra"] [member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Teagan Stoirm"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Sel Wyrick"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Ember Rekali"] @Anyoneelse?​

[member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Caius Fett"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Sel Wyrick"] [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] [member="Calina Ovmar"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Kyra"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Finally she arrived at the palace to witness a sight she never thought she'd see...the sith were bowing...bowing to the manda'alor! She smirked behind her helmet as she walked over to her designated spot and stood quiet but yet that tension in the air threatened to snap....

She glanced to alor vizsla when he spoke out in such disrespect! She curled her fist but stayed silent this wasn't her fight no she had her orders from her alor she would wait until more orders were given

Next came from [member="Caius Fett"] towards her alor...how dare he disrespect her! She stepped forward a step then stopped going back again her blood boiling ng now

The tension just got worse

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
It seemed as if it was more than just himself who opposed the idea of Yasha Mantis as Mand'alor. It was a relief to see not everyone was so willing to hand the prestigious title off to a child. In recent times Fett had grown disgusted with such an idea, the prospect of leaving them was rather enticing but he had to see the claim himself. It was then he would challenge not Yasha but her followers. Not with a fight, but actions of another kind. He would rather witness this Empire fall under her rule than tear it down himself. It would only prove a point now wouldn't it?

Fett's arms remain folded over his chest as the brown eyes beneath the helmet shifted to [member="Ronan Vizsla"] and then [member="Caius Fett"] as the two spoke, it even brought a smirk to his face. He stepped out of line, almost presenting himself before her. He spoke and when he did his words were filled with condescending venom.

"You're no Mand'alor, Mantis. And certainly not mine."

Fett's main issue was authority, and this Empire persisted the idea of such a thing. Mand'alor was a rallying point, not royalty. Just a man. The only way to bypass this issue was to be the authority. The only man he would accept as Mand'alor was himself. The Bounty Hunter remained outwards, standing in defiance. Nothing she could do would cause him to back down.

[member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Amanda Kryze "]| [member="Ember Rekali"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Sel Wyrick"] | [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] | [member="Calina Ovmar"] | [member="Dorn Skirata"] | [member="Kyra"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Kaden Mantis"] | Baiko no Kaho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom