Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The King is Dead. Long Live the Queen (Mandalorian Empire)

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9OYW4JBWXI[/media]​

"Ta-Tamara," she managed a small, pained smile. "My name's Tamara."

A gasp, and a nod, her eyes widening in the pain, but that was the only outward indication.

"I think.... th-that's a good idea," she said, her voice faint. Distant and tight. It was less that it was a good idea, as it was inevitable. Tamara had started to slowly slide down the wall, her knees giving out, centimeter by centimeter. Adora helped steadying her in her downward motion. It was controlled, her body shaking with the effort of it, but she didn't let herself breath again until she was sitting, that inhalation raw and gasping.

"Yeah," she chuckled- not a sound of joy but one of the inevitable. "Not- not going to be doing a lot *gasp* of dancing anytime soon, a-am I?"

It was a joke, but when Adora looked into those dark eyes she saw knowledge. Tamara knew it was bad. There was no doubt in that gaze. Her left hand, normal, covered in blood, the fingers splayed across her abdomen as if she could keep the blood and more in. A vibroknife was not a kind weapon, and buried to the hilt, low in the belly, well. In a galaxy recently deprived of the ability to simply waste a tank of bacta, now precious and rare as Thyferra lay in ash....

Her right hand moved- wrapped in cloth, too large, misshapen even hidden as she kept it- flailing at the pocket of her jacket.

"H-help me?" She asked suddenly. "I can't.... I can't get my comm. Someone- someone left me a message right b-before I got here. I- I need to hear it, o-okay?"

It was strange what the mind went to in final moments. This was important. She didn't know why it was, but there was an edge of pleading in her voice. With Adora's help, they got it out, clicking through to the message her father had left, right before all of it- the message that if she'd gotten it in time might have changed it all. If it had come even an hour earlier, she would never have been here. Her eyes closed for a long moment, tears forming. Not because of this- but because at least she knew in the end that he'd forgiven her.

"Th-thank you," she said softly, eyes opening again and looking at Adora.

Tamara gasped again, her face going white, a shudder moving through her. For the first time, possibly in her entire life, she reached out to someone with her right hand without a thought- without a worry that they'd find it hideous, that they would recoil. She found the other girl's hand and gripped it.

"Pl-please stay," she whispered. "D-don't leave me."

She never called out for her father. She couldn't. She knew what this meant to him. And she wouldn't try to pull his attention, even in this. She shouldn't have even been here. He needed all of himself for this fight- and his daughter would never take that from him. In the end, she was the Mandalorian he would have been proud of. She didn't sob, didn't rail. She fought to the end, but it wasn't a fight she could win.

Eyes open the whole time, her hand wrapped in Adora's, but slowly, the grip lessened... and failed.

Breath shuddered and she grew still.

Oh, I just might see you in another light
Got no dog here in the fight
I could carry your burden, oh brother of mine

[member="Adora Namadi"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"]

Finally, they were going to get out of here.

His men gave man and wife covering fire as they dealt with the Death Watch soldiers that tried to arrest Vilaz. The Munin was weak to do anything, but his wife with all the strength left in her picked him up and helped him to walk to the boarding ramp of their vessel. As they were inside, the Munin warriors also retreated to the safety of the ship and went to help their Alor and Bree. They knew better than to ask Vilaz what to do, and they needed to get them to the med bay.

Vilaz saw a clansmen moving to him which the warlord weakly said to him, "No...Bree first."

His orders were acknowledged and they placed their attention on Briika as they helped her to reach the med bay of the freighter. He could wait. The Concordian had dealt with much worse.

"Get us...out," he said to the crew as he was carried to the cockpit of the ship. All of Mandalore was on lockdown, but he was still Akaan at this time and still had power. He had the clearance codes to get them out of here; and if not, they could simply punch a whole in the dome where Ember's force storm had punctured through.

[member="Briika Tor-Munin"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Briika was going to countermand the Concordian, but she didn't have the strength as the pain in her head was sucking it all up in that moment. As one of the Akaan's men saw her to the medbay with haste, the engines on the Tarka'yayr revved up. It was go time.

All the Baar'ur wanted to know from the 2-1B medical droid was if she had a brain bleed from the closed head injury endured when bashing the back of her head against the tiled floor of the hallway outside the Throne Room. The bitten tongue and split lip could be healed easily enough with some bacta spray and rinse. A soft neck brace could be used to help support her sore neck from the whiplash received. And if the medical droid cleared her with only a concussion, a mild analgesic could be given to help with the splitting headache. The dizziness and blurry vision would hopefully go away soon as the swelling and inflammation to her brain eased, but that would only come with rest. She didn't have time to do that right now.

"Well?" Bree asked rather impatiently. Gods droids took forever to diagnose. A patient could die while waiting ya know!

"Madam, there is no epidural or subdural noted on the scan."

"Thank the Manda! Now shot, please?" she pleaded.

The sooner the headache eased, the sooner Briika could be by her husband's side. Was anyone checking him?

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom