Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Isle Is Full of Noises (Mandos & Allies)

The Isle Is Full Of Noises
Mandalorian Celebration
fU34hJy.jpg

“Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears; and sometime voices,
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me; that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again.”
The Tempest, William Shakespeare

Sundari, Colosseum
chris-anderson-09a-mando-sm-tweek.jpg

Mandalore had so few reasons to celebrate, when the troops returned from Dathomir, they came ready and waiting. Emotions were heightened, families reunited.

Little Wolf did not return from Dathomir.

The Scion of Clan Mantis, and Ward of Ra Vizsla not only survived her Verd’goten, but returned seven years older with messages from the Other Side. Neither alone in her quest, nor in her return, tonight Yasha Mantis unveiled the truth of her situation.

The Haran Rekr (Hell Wolf) returned in her stead.

A young woman of 20, where it was a 13 year old girl who stormed the Warlock Gate to find answers from [member="Ember Rekali"] and the Netherworld. Throughout Sundari, the banners and colours of the Cuir Rekr unfurled.

Mantis, and Munin. Three of the Cuir Rekr were of Clan Mantis, one small and intimate family unit with renown. The renown was built upon [member="Preliat Mantis"] and his actions as a Mandalorian, a Field Marshal, then Ramanar. His daughter, brother, adopted nephew and sister-in-law carried the torch of the Wolves.

Her birthday and verd'goten was just one of the reasons to celebrate tonight. Sundari’s dome survived its’ repair. The colosseum was finished and awaited in half of it, the first in a series of physical contests between traitors and murderers who stood trial and awaited exile, execution or trial through combat. Prisoner's choice.

Meshgeroya, ‘The Beautiful Game’ of Bolo Ball was open for players in the other half of the colosseum.

A feast of hunted meats, fish, and imported vegetables rested for all, with tihaar, meads, stims and ales.

Yasha stood at 6’2” in the top box of the Colosseum, dressed in her re-forged gold and black beskar’gam. Her raven hair was braided in a crown atop her head, pauldrons of Katlaydr upon her shoulders. Her cloak of crimson was no longer emblazoned with the Clan Vizsla sigil.

Emblazoned on the cloak of Katlaydr was Clan Mantis, her father’s wolf’s skull aflame in the middle, girded with Yasha's crown of blades of varying design. Each blade, a story.

“This night is for everyone, I hope we didn’t forget anything for the party.” Yasha said to Ambrose Vizsla, the faithful commander of the Yalilyr.

“I opened the areas, Katlaydr. You ready for well wishers and onlookers? I hear some of us want to get a look at the impossible Mantis.”

“… Yes. Yes I am.” Leaving her buy’ce on the table, the armoured maiden watched as music began and Mandalorians began to revel in a night of hedonism, after the lion’s share of pain.

OOC: Mando & Ally fun! Take in a fight, play Bolo Ball, eat, drink, stim up, celebrate with Katlaydr or for your own post-dominion, post-war fun. This is a thread for relaxation, no malicious intent, please.

Mandalorian’s did not need an excuse to celebrate. They partied as hard as they fought. Kaden knew there was a reason for celebration today though. He knew it well. Today was the day they celebrated the birthday of [member="Yasha Mantis"]. The two had their own celebration before the formal one, but it led to the pair getting drunk. The drunken pair shared their first kiss on Mand’alor’s throne. They had been caught, but fortunately by the man Kaden stood next to. Ambrose had covered for them.

Today was different. Kaden had no plans of getting close to the tihaar. The grin on his face suggested he had something up his sleeve.

Yasha looked fancy. Kaden’s eyes could not ignore how beautiful she looked. If she was not around other Mandalorians he would have said so. Kaden had learned Yasha liked to be beautiful, it was the noble training Baiko had brought her up with. It contrasted their time in the Netherworld where nothing noble existed.

Kaden wore his black, pitch sealed armor. His helmet was clipped to his belt. One step behind Yasha and to the right, it was his place. He took in a deep breath and looked toward the exit of the box. He rounded to the front from his place behind Yasha and grinned as he faced her.

”How many fights shall I win for you today, ner Yash’ika?”

Among the first to join the well wishers was a party of a different breed of Mandalorian. The Clan from Zanbar: Haran'jai. They were all rather barbaric and primative looking. Their beskar'gam was more akin to the Mandalorian Crusaders of old. Jagged, almost organic. Some were adorned with claws, horns and bone. Leading the small procession was a rather large man, who towered over his peers. Volkan, chieftain of his clan. Beside him was a large feline beast, with long canine teeth. As he got closer to Yasha and her peers, he stopped just before their seats. He carefully removed his axe from its place, respectfully using it as a way to lower himself into a kneel. He removed his helm, revealing the bushy, unkempt face of a barbarian chieftain.

"Su cuygar, Haran Rekr." He spoke politely, his voice like steel, "You may know me not. I am Volkan Haran'jai, chieftain of my clan."

He stood himself back up, sheathing his axe once more. He nodded to his retinue, who formed up and gave a salute to those seated before them. Volkan stroked the head of his Sabercat before returning his attention back to the birthday girl.

"We come far from Zanbar to wish you a Happy Birthday and successful verd'goten." He said plainly, "And to bring a gift."

He motioned to his company, who carefully pushed in a rayshield cage atop a repulorlift platform. In this cage was another sabercat, similar yet different than Volkan's own. It was furred a bluish grey and spotted like a snow leopard. No less powerful looking.

"This a Kad'uliik, Haran Rekr. In my clan, once one of our young complete their verd'goten, they are bonded with one of these great beauties." He bowed to the young woman, "This female is a rarity. The perfect hybrid between highland and low land breeds. It would be my great honor to teach you how to bond and ride with yours."

[member="Kaden Mantis"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"]​

Dathomir had not been that fun and was all kinds of confusing. It seemed it was the same for the other Mandalorians as much as Teagan. Sure they didn't need to take a leap of faith out of a crashing ship like he did to reach the planet safely, but it was rough on them in other ways. His time was spent in the medical tents as the medics got his body recovered enough from everything to move. It would have been boring if not for all of the craziness that kept popping up. He remembered something about someone going into and coming out of the Warlock Gate. There was another rumor about that person aging by five years or twenty or something. It all sounds like pain killer induced fantasies to him though. The main thing was everyone was here now and enjoying themselves, and Teagan was a part of it.

The person of importance was a [member="Yasha Mantis"] and everyone was lining up to meet with her. Teagan decided to give a showing as well since it seemed to be the respectful thing to do. He even heard rumors of gifts being given to her, so he came prepared with the only thing of value he owned. With this goal in mind, he had made his way to the place everyone was greeting her at in his light weight clan armor minus the helmet. Sure he wasn't nearly as fancy or well dressed as everyone else, but wasn't it better to come as who you truly were rather than as some prepared image? Oh wait...or was that just how his alor Gray wanted them to be with him? He might be in deep poodoo now.... He let out a sigh. He was in too deep now and would have just to follow through. He just hoped his turn to greet Yasha came up soon so he could embarrass himself quickly and be off to his execution.

[member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Volkan Haran'jai"]

Shia was trying really quite hard not to brood.

Lets be clear, she loved parties, lived for Mandalorian culture almost more than she did battle and had, over the past few months, literally been through hell and back.

But that had lead to an awful lot of thinking, and an awful lot of thinking leads to conclusions. Plus, she was a tiny bit jealous. When she'd been young, she'd dreamed of this sort of attention - even if Mandalorian didn't have a word for hero, the focus on significant leader figures could slip awfully close to hero-worship. She knew she shouldn't care - heck, she'd been invited to stand with her friend and it would have been childish to turn it down.

Tonight she wasn't wearing armour - just her set formal wear in the form of a skin-tight black bodysuit and a blue wrap that ran the length of her body. She was armed - a beskar and blaster at her side. Her eyes flashed like blades in the stadium light as she looked around. It was strange to be here, to be honoured. Perhaps that was why she was brooding, maybe she didn't want to be honoured?

She watched as [member="Volkan Haran'jai"] approached, raising one eyebrow and smiling - that took away the brooding, because anyone else was really going to have to try hard to top that present with Yasha. Thankfully, she knew the difference between grand gestures and meaningful ones - and when something could be both or neither. But still... it did rather raise the bar.

[member="Teagan Stoirm"] [member="Volkan Haran'jai"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Yasha Mantis"]

The Marilian Mandolorian was ready to enjoy some relaxation after the battles of the past. He gave the crew of his warship well deserved shore-leave, he himself wished for an excuse to let his hair down and partake in the renowned Mandolorian festivities. He left the his helmet and rifle in his cabin so he could be seen as the man he truly was, a swordsman with the armor to match. He also left his crew with a small sum of money to pay for drink and food. He started toward the commotion of the arena.

He wanted to meet Yasha and officially pledge his loyalty to her. While waiting for the opportunity to meet his newest leader officially, he pondered what he would say. But He did not want to worry about making an impression dampen his spirit. Once he meet her Quoron would go on to engage in some libations and chatting up the the other captains.

Shereshoy, the enjoyment of each day, minute and moment. The taking of every possible experience to survive and see the next day. It was a uniquely Mando’a word, a concept fitting for a warrior people, who demanded life, hunts and safety of person.

It was this concept which predominated the revelry Yasha began to see below the colosseum’s top box. As the revellers began to settle in, some came to pay their respects. Baiko warned her this would happen. She trained Yasha endlessly on protocols, Mando’a accents, the giving and receiving of gifts… yet as the first came she was initially preoccupied by the handsome and strapping man who stepped out from his place beside and behind her. [member="Kaden Mantis"] made her heart leap in her mouth. His pitch and beskar armour, the way he cut his hair, the five o’clock shadow she’d never tell him she loved the look of…

“All of them, Kade’ika. Wem duip oss omk I'ss sid i'ay rii vuod seir ximiodu dui olpayl.” She spoke in her mother tongue of Epicant of Kaden’s reward. A yet unexperienced joy. She parted without causing a scene, and trotted down to salute [member="Volkan Haran'jai"] and his Clansmen. The cat by his side was a ferocious beauty that shocked the smirk off Yasha’s smitten face.

“Alor Haran’jai! You honour our celebration, Sir. Welcome! You and your Clan are most welcome." Yasha dipped her head and saluted with her introduction, paying homage to the man, whose clan was vicious in battle and terrifying in the eyes of an enemy.

A man Yasha was glad the Mando’ade had around. She stepped closer still as he presented an unexpected and extravagant gift in honour of her verd’goten. Yasha’s breath caught as she came to the rayshield cage. The sabercat was as beautiful as Volkan’s beard was bushy, a particularly ferocious and elegant creature.

“It would be my great honour to accept her, Alor Haran’jai… and to accept your teachings. She is magnificent… you honour me, thank you. I shall ride her into battle and conquer all who oppose us… and she looks the feisty sort who will do her own amount of conquering.” Yasha bowed for the Clan’s Alor, taking her eyes off the sabercat only to pay him the proper respect. She glanced at [member="Shia Kryze"], hoping her friend and loyal companion too found joy in tonight. The times of horror were parting, and soon Mandalore would know joy again. To have the Clan from Zanbar at her flank was to have a dependable and deeply rooted group at her side. To learn and partner with one of their legendary mounts was to arrive to a high and noble honour Yasha would never ignore. She grinned as the bluish grey Kad’uliik’s ears twitched in her cage… it reminded Yasha of the way Aryn used to flick his ears when he was annoyed, or Yasha got the sense he was hungry and wanted an appetizer in the shape of a Mando’ad'ika.

[member="Teagan Stoirm"] stood with a sigh, dressed in clan skin and looking for all points a bit bewildered or overwhelmed. Yasha smiled and cocked her head to the side, watching him come up.

“Oya, Mando. You’re…” Yasha tapped her finger on her palm. “You’re the one from Dathomir… yes you are! I heard about you! You jumped from a shuttle! That was the coolest thing I’d ever heard… are you okay? Did the medics fix you in time? Shia! It’s the brave one, the one who jumped from a ship in flight and… have you met my vod, [member="Shia Kryze"]? I apologize for not knowing your name. Welcome, burc'ya (friend).”

The more she saw of the Mando’ade, the more Yasha realized how integral her lessons from [member="Ember Rekali"] were. Could she stand as tall as she needed to salvage this culture and it’s people from wholesale slaughter? Was she as indomitable as Beskar was solid?

Was she ready to challenge for the throne which called to her every moment, like an intimate whisper? Who would stand against Katlaydr?

Who would prevent Katlaydr from becoming Mand’alor?
[member="Quoron Viszla"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
And so she was twenty and taller than himself, it must of been the Epicanthix genes. At least it was what the Mandalorian attributed it towards. It was under strange circumstances that she had vanished and returned - the Netherworld must be a truly strange place if such a thing could occur. Yet it mattered not, to Fett she was still that thirteen year old that caused him to feel an intense amount of annoyance every time an order was issued. Fett had taken part in countless battles throughout the war that was nothing but a distant memory now, it was there he served alongside the most elite soldiers known to the galaxy. He respected them, and they respected him. To now be under the command of a 'child' was simply insulting. However anyone else saw this, it didn't matter, this was a personal issue.

Fett saw through Mantis' brave 'facade', but it was doubtful such a thing truly existed. If she was to challenge for the title of Mand'alor there would be a man with a face that had held the title not once but thrice to stand in her way. Perhaps it was time for that same face to appear a fourth time, maybe only then could they be brought out from the rubble and be thrust upon the galaxy once more.

The Bounty Hunter didn't participate in any of the greetings, such niceties were something he had never dabbled in. Mainly because, believe it or not, Fett just wasn't very nice. Instead he stood off to the side, watching and learning everything that he could from a purely observational point. He was rather perceptive after all, to be the best that lucrative business had to offer you had to be. Whether anyone paid him attention or not was yet to be seen.

Shia smiled a little to hear Yasha and Kaden talk - actually talk - not the conversations designed to distract the mind from where you were she'd lived with for years now. Ember Rekali and her were going to have words. Not unpleasant words, really. Just... words. It left a twinge of envy, who wouldn't envy childhood sweethearts?

She smiled as she was introduced to [member="Teagan Stoirm"] and offered a warriors handshake. "Su cuy'gar." She gently elbowed [member="Yasha Mantis"]. "If he's here and standing, I suspect the medics fixed him. You know, the standing part?" She smiles at Teagan. "Don't mind her, she's just saved up a lot of birthdays for one day."

"And no, Yasha. I didn't bring you a Night Owl to try and top clan Haran'jai. I'm still not sure I trust you in charge of flying vehicles, never mind flying animals."

Shia didn't look up to many women, but she did look up to her friend - particularly as she was basically barefoot and Yasha was in full beskar'gam. But in this particular instance she did - although of course, to her it was perfectly natural by now. But Kaden and Yasha were reasonably open books to her now, just as the reverse was true. She could see Yasha's impatience to just get all her plans over with, which... might not be wholly wise tonight. She leant in slightly and lowered her voice.
"Don't rush it. Let things settle before you stir the pot. Just... enjoy your birthday and forget about the rest. It'll all be there tomorrow."

All of them. The command was given. It wasn't so much a command as it was an answer to his question, but the tone carried with it an expectation. What Yasha said next had his eyes wide. Incentive. Kaden would win them all regardless, but now there was added motivation.

"I ruoss doqi duer boymdsid, duim I ruoss doqi pi' nleci," came Kaden's reply in Yasah's mother tongue as she stood to greet the rest of the crowd which had gathered for her birthday.

Ambrose sidled up to Kaden having noticed the shock in his eyes.

"What did she say to you?"

Kaden just shook his head.

"It would be safer for you if you didn't know."

Kaden fixed his buy'ce to his head and walked out the back exit of the box. His steps would carry him to the bottom of the pit where prisoners awaited their chance at freedom. None of them were petty criminals, all of them deserving of death. They had violated the sanctity of life and family which all Mando'ade cherish. There were those who had been exiled only to spit in the face of their freedom. Tonight would be a generous offer. If they defeated their opponent they would live, if they did not... they would have their punishment.

He did not know how many battles he would face tonight, but the man would win them all. As his boots hit the dirt his head looked up to the top of the Colosseum to see Yasha playing her part with the perfection Baiko had instilled in her. There was a grace about her which few could carry, a grace that would lead people to believe the girl incapable of the very things Kaden had witnessed with his own eyes.

The 22 year old, who most remembered as almost 15, would steal as many glances as he could of his Katlaydr. Her raven colored hair, the tone of her skin, how her armor hugged her body in the right places, all of it made Kaden a mess. Beyond that, she had been his best friend for years. The time in the Netherworld made them connected in a way no one else could understand, not even the rest of their families. [member="Shia Kryze"] was the only one who would. Kaden like her and had come to know her as a good friend and capable warrior.

A twinge of jealousy emerged as Yasha was presented with a large feline. It looked large enough to be a mount. Kaden would have to make Yasha jealous now, jealous that he got to have his sport while she was stuck watching and playing the diplomat.

[member="Koda Fett"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Teagan Stoirm"] [member="Volkan Haran'jai"]

Tal stood at the edge of the coliseum's dirt floor, as one does, hands crossed over his chest as he regarded the grounds before him. Memories roiled in his head of times long past and lives long lost, a few of them even truly his own. His former self, the one infected by that thing, had reveled in the brutality of arenas like this. He'd never done it for freedom as the prisoners did, nor for sport as some of the mandalorians did, nor even to prove himself as some of the younger warriors were intent to do.

No, he'd done it because it felt good. Having the power to give and take life at a whim. Control when and how the others died. It was an intoxicating feeling, that power, and he'd let it drive him for years. Now though? Now he was free of that influence, and it held far less appeal to him. The thrill of a worthy opponent was one thing, but desperate prisoners and angsty youngsters didn't rate very high on that list, if they even made it at all. No, he wouldn't be participating today.

He was about to turn and leave when a figure clad in full black beskar'gam stepped out of the entrance next to him, and he recognized the man as [member="Kaden Mantis"].

One of the two that had been pulled with [member="Yasha Mantis"] into the netherworld.

He'd grown in his time there, but still stood nearly a full head shorter than Tal. He'd also broadened considerably, no doubt a result of being forced to face the terrors Tal knew to reside in that twisted hellscape. He'd do well in the arena today, so long as he kept his wits about him and his focus where it should be.

"You want to lose, boy? Keep looking up."

Teagan waited patiently for his turn to be executed publicly. It seemed he had managed to be the second one to show up to greet her, but the first guy was not making him feel any better. Oh no! Of course the person before him had brought this [member="Yasha Mantis"] an absolutely amazing gift in the form of a big cat. Not only was the thing big enough to be used for combat but it seemed it could also serve as a mount. Wonderful. Great! Way to go Teagan, you should have just dug your own grave this morning for all the good you were doing yourself right now. He sighed again as he could feel his turn drawing ever closer.

Then it came. Teagan's turn was here and without any kind of command he moved forward. She was tall and rather attractive but there was a hardness about her. It was something he recognized in her eyes. He had seen it in some back on Doldur due to the Civil War that had engulfed his homeworld and seen to the death of his parents. It was not something he could ever hope to know on how it got there, but it was certainly not something he could miss. She spoke to him before he had a chance to present himself. It was friendly and far less formal than how she had addressed the man before him. It kind of threw him off on what to say in response so he just sort of stood there a little dumbfounded.

It took Teagan a moment but he eventually got his composure back. Straightening his stance up a bit, and got a reminder from his back how much it hated him doing that, he said, " I'm not that brave. Not at all. Although it is kind of you to say that. I'm Teagan Stoirm of Clan Raxis. A pleasure." He turned his attention to [member="Shia Kryze"] next as the older but no less attractive woman spoke to him as well. He went to take her hand that she offered but had no idea what a warrior's handshake was so was in for a little surprise. As he did he said to Shia, " And a pleasure to meet you as well Miss." Well this was certainly awkward but at least they weren't calling for his head right now. He was a Raxis though so maybe if they took anything it would be a hand or maybe a foot?

The whole exchange between the two ladies was something that Teagan was more than happy to let happen and wait out. He was in no rush even though there had to be others behind him much more important. Once he got an opening though he said in as polite a tone as he could, " Miss Yasha, I heard that it would be best to bring a gift. I don't own much and can't really afford anything, so I apologize for how humble and common it is but I brought you something." He rummaged with the back of his belt and pulled out a plasma torch. It had numerous scratches all over it and spots of different shades on the metal from oil and heat. It had a glossiness to it that belied an attempt to pretty the well used tool up. The initials TS were etched into the handle as well. He held it out so she could take the handle from him comfortably.

" It is my plasma torch. I keep it on me or near me at all times. I know it is not new at all and it is all dinged up. I tried to polish it up and buff out the scratches but it didn't work no matter how hard or long I tried...." Teagan said with a blush coming to his face the more he spoke. Was it hot here or just him right now? He pushed through. " Anyways, I've repaired two broken hyperdrives mid jump with it and just countless other repair and dismantling work with it. I hope it is as helpful for you as it has been for me." His face was rather red by now and he was shifting slightly on the balls of his feet. Oh Teagan, why didn't you just break down and sell your armor and gun to get a modest necklace or bracelet or earrings for her?

[member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Quoron Viszla"] [member="Volkan Haran'jai"]

OOC: Hello all, [member="Yasha Mantis"] made me do this!

[SIZE=11pt]“My shiny! It is mine ALL mine!”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]a small but gleeful voice said as they burst through hallway leading into the great stadium.

If any were to look over in this area they would see from the shadows of the hall a blue haired squib would emerge in a full run seeming to be fleeing from someone, or something and holding a rather large locket in his tiny paws[SIZE=11pt]. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“You stupid little gitt, get back here with that!” [/SIZE]Roared a voice that seemed to echo down the same hall like an oncoming tsunami.

Racing right behind him a massive near eight foot tall mountain of a being immurged. With elegant and flowing strides he flew into view right behind the small blue creature and quickly gaining ground.

[SIZE=11pt]“Tribute, your super awesome and bravely great king demands his tax from his subjects and you are late, young rasputin! This shiny is mine now!” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]the squib continued as he skittered away from the grasp of the charging Torogain[SIZE=11pt]. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]‘[/SIZE]Jin would be the first to admit the partnership between him and the delusional squib was a weird site for most to see. Sure their was the obvious height difference and but he felt like he needed to care for the little guy after all he had been through. You see after the invasion of his home planet of Skor II by vong monstrosities a few years back the little Squib’s grip on reality was never the same. The little blue guy believed himself to be a “king”. Years earlier Jin had found him ruling over a trash can on Pergitor and well felt sorry for the little guy. Taking pity on the diluted soul he offered him a place to rest, get cleaned up, and a hot meal. Little did he know that some years later, “Combine”, (well “Combine the epically amazing” as this Squib prefers to be called) would take this act of kindness as a pledge of loyalty and the rest between these two is history.

[SIZE=11pt]“You deluded little fur ball, I have had enough of this poodoo, now get back here!”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]Jin bellowed.

As the two continued into the stadium they races around those in attendance. They ran into tables knocking food and drink alike to the floor. Almost bowled over [member="Koda Fett"] and a few others nearly knocking anything not attached to them into the dirt. The chase finally ended as ‘Jin lurched out one last time catching Combine in the back and knocking him down[SIZE=11pt]. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Help me, save your king my loyal subjects!”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]Combine screamed now firmly in ‘Jin’s grip.

[SIZE=11pt]“What loyal subjects, there are no people around here…”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] ‘[/SIZE]Jin began to say but his words trailed off as he noted where he was.

[SIZE=11pt]“Oh feth…” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]the words slipped out of his mouth has the realization of what he had just done became clear to him. Snatching his locket from the crazy squib’s hands he flipped him over his shoulder and into a pile of bolo ball equipment behind him. The accompanying screams and insults hurled his way by the now dismissed squib went unnoticed by ‘Jin as he put the locket around his neck and brushed off the food and beer that had spilled onto himself during the chace.

Rocking back on his heels, then forward on to the balls of his feet, he awkwardly placed his great paw behind his head as he thought for a second. Taking a nearby tankard of ale he raised to his lips before taking a big swig.

Lift it over his head he roared, [SIZE=11pt]“To Dathomir![/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[member="Teagan Stoirm"] | [member="Tal Vizsla"] | [member="Kaden Mantis"] | [member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Quoron Viszla"] | [member="Volkan Haran'jai"]

Kaden’s Epicant got fluent in the intervening years. She ducked her head, looking out to the Arena where Kaden and [member="Tal Vizsla"] stood. He answered her challenge, causing the young woman to duck her chin down and hide a broad smile. Had it gotten warmer? Or was it her cheeks?

Yasha continued to eye Kaden in the arena as he went for the first fight. Tal seemed to connect with him, and Yasha peered over to keep track. Then Shia elbowed her. Yasha snapped back to reality.

“I wouldn’t trust me either… Solus was enough for one ride… You’re right, as usual Shia… this is a night for all of us. Tomorrow’s problems can wait.” Yasha turned to Shia, exhaling deeply. [member="Shia Kryze"] had, in the time she’d known her, turned into vod. You couldn’t buy the sort of loyalty Shia radiated, and Yasha wouldn’t try to purchase it. Without Shia, Yasha and [member="Kaden Mantis"] would have been lost in the dark, and without Yasha, neither Kaden or Shia would have made it out alive.

“A ton of birthdays. Seven birthdays. You’re next, Shia. I may have even bought a cake.” They were a unit, a triumvirate of Netherworld survivors, and it above all meant Yasha trusted Shia’s advice. As Shia talked about [member="Teagan Stoirm"]’s legs, Yasha smiled.

“True. Well it was epic. I’m glad you made it, Tea-“ Yasha’s voice staggered to an abrupt stop as he offered his plasma torch. She wove the plasma torch in her crush gaunt clad hands, turning it back and forth with the experience to know the tool rightly. Her lip wobbled, and Yasha shut her jaw with a clank, feeling the sting of reddening eyes.

A humble gift from an even more humble engineer. “You… you repaired hyperdrives in mid jump? Holy Manda… that’s insane. Good insane, like, wow can we keep you? Insane not…”

She looked to Shia for strength. For Shia, Kaden and Yasha, they last saw Aditya’s ghost only days prior. Aditya said a fond farewell, walking to her fate to never see her daughter again. The wound was raw. “My Mama had a plasma torch like this… thing was beat up, scuffed, dang she kept it on her side everyday… even had it when we got pitched into the Netherworld. Saved our shebs more times than I could count… course I was six by the time we got out, couldn’t count too… excuse me…”

Yasha turned and caught her breath, body shaking at the most touching gift one could bring her. It was as if her mother called from the Netherworld, reminding her of humble beginnings and keeping her eyes on being a reclaimer, a repairer instead of a being of pure war. [member="Teagan Stoirm"] could not have brought a more poignant, or perfect gift if he’d had all the credits in several worlds. Shutting her eyes, Yasha caught all but two of her tears and pressed her cold crush gaunt to her cheek before turning back around.

“Mama was an engineer… didn’t matter if she used bubble gum, or the best money could buy, if it had parts, she could fix it… she died during the Cataclysm… you couldn’t have given me a better gift. Stick around Mandalore, Raxis. We need engineers like none other… enjoy the party…” Yasha tapped the plasma torch in her palm, then reached forward and hugged him. “… thank you.”

Detaching as quickly, Katlaydr of the Cuir Rekr steadied herself for the well wishers around her. One of which bounded into the party with a Squib and what looked like the most raucous game of ‘gimme gimme’ Yasha’d ever seen.

She couldn’t help herself, Yasha snorted and slapped her hand across her mouth to mute the laughter bubbling out. She watched as @‘Jin bounded and crashed around, even knocking into perpetual frowny-face, [member="Koda Fett"].

Koda… Gee. She needed to take that guy hunting sometime. Maybe then he’d stop staring at her like she was a piece of gum under his boot.

“To Dathomir!” Yasha roared in repeat of ‘Jin’s exuberance. The crowd roared.

Shereshoy. Taking the most you could out of the time you had left.

Kaden heard a voice call to him. Lose!? Kaden wasn’t going to lose.

His eyes looked over the warrior in front of him. Canting his head, Kaden was trying to remember if he recognized the man. He did not, though felt as though he should have. There was some time before the fights would begin, so Kaden walked over to him. The dirt and ash which covered the floor of the open air colloseum shifted under the weight of his armored boots with each step forward.

”A distraction only for now. I’ve been promised something that shall keep me focused on my opponents long enough to win.”

Yes, Kaden’s imagination was already running wild with all kinds of thoughts as to what he would find under Yasha’s armor. It was the exact motivation he needed. Danger would be the other. If Yasha were in danger, Kaden would kill who he needed to in order to ensure her safety. His heart was as hard and unbreakable as beskar, and there was nothing in the world which would change it. [member="Yasha Mantis"] was his only weakness, and even she made him stronger.

”But you are correct. I need to focus on the fight ahead of me. Perhaps you will watch my form and tell me if there are any flaws? I may have been forged in Hell, but fighting hellspawn and fighting a warrior are two different animals entirely.”

At least Kaden could prove to be teachable.

[member="Tal Vizsla"]

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
Fett's judgemental eyes were hidden beneath the helmet he refused to take off. It was merely something he was used to, always having a protected head, it felt naked to have it off in all honesty. It also aided in his ambiguity, being a faceless set of armour was always better than having your face plastered all over the galaxy for everyone to see, even though he happened to share a face with thousands if not millions of others. Yet still, his eyes shifted from each individual to the present they gave once they had handed it over. The concept of a birthday was foreign to him, being a clone after all didn't lend him one to experience himself and his relative social isolation kept him out of the loop as such. To receive a gift on the day of the creation for that very reason was bizarre.

Though of course his smouldering stare faded as he was forcefully made to tuck himself into he wall, narrowly avoiding being run into by a brazenly charging Togorian that earned Fett's ire whilst it pursued a smaller creature, a linger glare following him around the room - only to turn and catch a sliver of Yasha's amusement, and then her roar followed by everyone else's cheer.

However, the Hunter remained quiet and as observant as always. He was in need of a distraction, and for the time-being he thought he had found one. Multiple, potential employers from all across the galaxy had attempted to get into contact with Fett, and so for now he had browsed over them and the targets they wanted either captured or dead. It was just something that would take his mind off things.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

He didn’t cheer for Dathomir as Famine and the others did. The warlord sat down with those of his clan that came to celebrate Yasha’s birthday and verd’gotem. In all honesty, the Akaan was a bit disappointed with the results of Dathomir. Yes, he was ordered to subdue the locals non lethally and later to free the witches back to continue their daily lifestyle; however, he wanted to purge all of it. Especially those of Clan Rekali. Another clan he wished to purge along with others he had in mind.

Was it radical? Perhaps, but he had his intentions. Those that didn’t bend the knee and followed in line with the Empire would be a virus for them all. No doubt would they attempt some insurgency in some future which would lead to civil war again.

Not unless they were burnt to nothing but ashes.

Yet for now, he would enjoy this celebration with his clan and his beloved wife, [member=“Briika Tor-Munin”], who sat alongside with him. He had been some time away from her due to his raids and pillagings, but now he was happy to be near her.

”Shall we give Famine her gift, cyar’ika,” the Akaan asked dearly to his soulmate as they had brought a viper from the plains of Concord Dawn as a gift. The viper was the animal signia of his clan, representing to how swift Vilaz and his clan struck and the painful venom they left in their prey.

Shia listened to cheer for Dathomir, and just this once, she didn't follow suit.

For exactly the opposite reasons as [member="Vilaz Munin"] she remained silent. Dathomir had done more to encourage internal revolt - and external threat - than anything Ra had ordered so far. She knew the need to celebrate it, to paint it as a painfully learned victory.

But she wouldn't keep the lament for the dead silent for long, even if now was not the time. She couldn't, not anymore.

The urge to spark up the Mandalorian drinking song was almost painfully loud. Ah, what the heck. Shia had a perfect singing voice, but she also had a loud voice and had been singing this chant at other kids, Bolo-teams, enemies and anyone else she wanted to spark a fight with since she was approximately six and Naasad'guur mhi didn't require _anyone_ to be able to sing. That was... kind of the point.

"Naasad'guur mhi*..."

*Fulll lyrics**
**For best results, listen to the Millwall supporters chant the song is based on here: music

A party, she last party she remeber was her birthday before mandalore went to waste, ahhh the coming of age where she drank her first hard drink...she remebered spending half the night on the bathroom the other half she couldn't exactly remember...she woke up in a fighter curled up next to a pile of scrap...

But here she was finally with other clans around harden veterans of war people she truely admired for their bravery and to those not here their sacrifice. But she did not need to mope around! She knew they had to be looking down at her for her to join and live a little

She walked into the mass of people as she looked around, she knew no one here but hey gotta meet people to know people. She glanced as she heard a cry out and then a cheer as she smiled feeling that energy and called out as well before looking around seeing just who she could meet...

Mandalore grew larger beyond the transparisteel viewport of the Crestfallen's bridge, a smoldering world of ruin and tragedy reflected in the equally ruinous eyes of the being that lurked behind the pair of pilots that guided the vessel down through the planet's atmosphere. They had been flagged down by the planet's security, weapons temporarily trained on the bat-like profile of the Dark Lord's shuttle before the proper clearance codes were transmitted and the Mandalorian cutters broke off pursuit.

"Father, are you sure she's a good match for me? From what I've heard of the Mandalorians..."

"Calm yourself, Ancius. The woman is tough, but I have no doubt she'll warm up to your charms; do not forget your purpose, son."

"I know, father, but I am still anxious. What if they impose their cure upon me?"

"We all make sacrifices for the family, Ancius, it is time you made yours."

Ancius made a disheartened face at his father's words, but only replied with a dejected sigh as he settled back in his seat. He wasn't as monstrous as his father, but he still cut an impressive figure at 2 meters even with short black hair, blazing Sith eyes, and the hard cut jawline attributed to most male Zambranos; and even some female ones. He and his father wore rather plain durasteel armor covered by crimson armorweave robes, their lightsabers clipped to the belt around their waists.

The Crestfallen landed in the starport closest to the Sundari arena, and both Zambranos departed and made their way towards the arena. Both were protected by special clearance that allowed them to avoid any complications with local security, marking them as personal guests of [member="Yasha Mantis"].

They entered the arena and made their way towards Yasha's box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom