Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Holocron Auction Redux

Lord Ghoul

L
Lot N: 30.5mn cr

Shorn normally didn't spend his income, as such he had years of pay saved up from the Sith Empire. It also didn't hurt that he was holding the loved ones of several different system governors hostage for ransom.

Vorhi sat in a cafe, three blocks from the auction house. He'd been invited, but the auction house wasn't very fun. He had nonchalantly waved to the Vigo and decided to grab a remote datapad and a cup of caf. He nibbled a scone, perusing the lot and put in one bid on a seemingly uninteresting lot.

Lot E. [SIZE=12pt]A holocron labelled 'Record of Processing of Theran Listeners, 835 ABY'.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]--[/SIZE]50,000 credits, and an annotated copy of the Palawan manuscripts of Zin Maleesh, 23rd master of Teras Kasi, autographed by the author, Doctor of Xenohistory Vorhi Alestrani. It wasn't much, but hey, maybe the dealer would prefer an artifact to straight money. His call.

And again! How Droll.
Lot X: 20million
Lot E: 1 Million
Lot R (sorry for my confusion, the Phoenix was another bid) maintenance for life in the Sun's yards for the Phoenix, a full small-craft compliment, and 10 million credits, schematics for an adegan cloak and assistance with installing.

Juthan gave up on Lot Q and turned to his other bid, moving all the money he had on Q to V and adding to it along with his other bids his own one of his own restored Dreadnaughts. Of course it wasn't fully up to combat specs like Circe's offer was, but between it, 60k credits, and a now increased MC services, aid, and hiding for three years. Juthan was confident that should hold the bet.

Lex-El

An Honest Man
Lot A: 10 million credits along with then entire line up of Blas-Tech weapons sent to you, with shipments of our ammunition to fill your order until you deem yourself done with our services.

Lot L: 10 million credits

Lot S: 20% Stake in Tarascii Explosives along with a 2 percent of our monthly earnings of the company sent to you at the first of every month, along with 200 Tartoros Walkers and all their load-outs and repairs will be for free.

Lot X: 45 million Credits

Lot E: 250,000 credits

Lot T: 500 Million credits.

Whatever was going on on Contruum was not known to the man on a impossible to trace signal, on a ship in the middle of nowhere actively sending a false telesponder code. His accounts where anonoymous, and his identity was a secret. The information he was sending wasn't even going to Contruum, so he had no idea as to the Republic's sudden appearance.

He waited...

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
As the Chancellor'd voice filtered through, the Toydarian rerouted it to the audio channels of local bidders, bidders in private rooms, and distant participants, so all could hear her. He touched the button that concluded the round and finalized the bids.

"As of now," he said, in a voice that was suddenly not quite so Toydarian -- deeper, for example -- "I regret to inform you all that this auction is over. Your lots will be delivered to the makers of the winning bids. Your accounts will not be credited; those of you who bid other things and won your respective lots may be contacted. At some point."

The Vectivus-style Force Phantom shifted from the form of the Toydarian auctioneer snoring in the back room, to the form of an eight-and-a-half-foot-tall Whiphid. "Happy Life Day," said the terrorist. "I expect distribution may...take a while. But we'll get you all what you deserve, in the end."

The Phantom vanished.

The Republic would get its evidence and its leads; to wit, the following:

• The memories of the unconscious Toydarian, who had, to his shame, met with a large Whiphid here on Contruum, in a private cafe, a week ago. Some, but not all, relevant holocams had gone inexplicably fuzzy. He had had a companion, an apparently near-human girl with black hair and purple eyes, her features fuzzy.
  • Backtracking those holocams would lead Republic investigators to a starport, whose records would eventually reveal that the Whiphid had been flying a Tempus Ardet bulk freighter, telesponder Solid Sunrise. The bulk freighter, orbital control would confirm, had taken off in the direction of the Perlemian.
  • None of the lots, of course, had been stored here; the combined Dark Side aura would have been substantial, not to mention damaging to some of the Light Side artifacts. The bidders present would certainly have felt it.
  • Since the point of the exercise had not been to accrue funds, but to distribute the archives as widely as possible, for purposes associated with Velok's original identity as a Blackguard, credit accounts had not been used apart from the account which had reserved the auction site. That account, after moderate digging, would be associated with one An'rakk, the longtime Whiphid CEO of Koensayr, who had tragically died only months ago and been replaced by a hostile takeover from one of the women in the room. At a guess, @[member="Domino"] would cooperate; if not, Velok wished her a happy Life Day, but he had bigger problems.
  • Naturally, any bidder who received a lot, by whatever means, would become someone to watch more closely, but as of now the Republic had any number of potential leads: Every bidder could potentially become a connection to Velok. Many, of course, had taken serious private precautions.
  • Contruum in general, having been subjected to a failed, Republic-backed terrorist insurgency, was not the most welcoming world for Republic investigators or Jedi.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Wait. Circe had been outbid on Aleema Keto's robe? AND A FETHING CROSS-DRESSING MAN HAD BOUGHT IT!?!? She growled, turning to the crowd and scanning for the person who had outbid her.

"Must find the grubby cross-dressing schutta..."

Vulpesen growled aboard the ship. Though he was a padawan, he still managed to talk himself into places like this due to the merchants tongue he had gained from his first master/father. As it was, he looked into the screen and then pressed a button, linking him privately to the Supreme Chancellor @[member="Aleidis Ijet"]. "If you don't mind me saying Ma'am. I did say that stealing the objects would have been better." He stepped away from the com for a moment before regathering his thoughts for one last suggestion. "Now if we aren't already doing it, and if I'm not overstepping my boundaries, I believe we should set up a blockade to keep in any people of interest."

Aedan bit back a curse as he leapt out of his chair and ran quickly towards the foyer activating his comlink quickly he opened a channel to the Republic fleet. "This is Aedan Miles I am not going to stop what you are doing and anything I win I will return to the Republic but I wont know until I get them. NOW I have an armada in bound to pick me up I request that you not fire on them. Thank you very much." Aedan clicked another com twice and then the Dragon Armada would leap to hyperspace for long enough to reach the planet and then leave hyperspace. The 24 Cragmoloids would see their commander jogging towards them and the two of them pushed the door open as the others started to jog as well hopping to keep up with their boss as he made his way to the star port avoiding Republic Soldiers as much as he could.

Lex-El

An Honest Man
Thankfully, his bids had gone through at the last second. His team of technicians took pains to keep the encrypted signal pinging off different servers. The signal traced back to the Atrisian Empire and stayed there. The middle man he had been communicating with was there, a simple employee who had set up in a local cafe for this exchange. If any name was to be found, it would be of "Ropozilla4356" and that would lead to another dead lead in the Fringe.

Simply put, no one would find him as the data pad sat on his desk where he awaited notification of his winnings.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Bah. It was useless. Circe exited the facility, knowing her items would soon arrive, and boarded an unmarked shuttle. Once she reached a sufficiently isolated point in space, away from the blockade, she would transfer to another ship and the shuttle's antimatter reactor would detonate, vaporizing it and leaving no trace of Circe's survival.

The hunt was something she didn't want to see start again.

Matreya

Zaiden wasn't aware of if he had won or not, as he had bid a last ditch effort of an added 25% from J.A.C. Bidding vast sum of shares from two separate subsidies of J.A.C as well as a multi million dollar bike..maybe... But nonetheless, he heard the warning in the force, packed his things and left. Force Cloak and accompanying Force Stealth held onto with a tight determination as he exited. He would contact @[member="Velok"] upon returning to safe grounds.

(Feth. Shouldn't have edited out the 50% shares from J.A.C in my last post...I think I would have won as it would for sure be in the databases. As is, I figure it's a couple million (12 optimistically) compared to a couple million so I'm not sure.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom