Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The History, The Legends, The Rumors, and the Ancient Tales of Chaos

Matreya

...the time Zaidens arm was taken by the Mandoa. So I semi obliterated the area with grenades after racing off. Had it replaced with Phrik and synthflesh...

...the time Zaiden's upper half was severed from the lower, by who I cannot recall at the moment. Its been to long. Replaced it all with cloned organs and flesh, and Songsteel bones...

...let's all remember how OP I sought to make Zaiden back then!...

Boys and girls, gather round the fire and let an old man tell you a story.

There was a time when the Republic weren't the whipping boys of the collective board. In fact, there was a time when everyone was super butthurt because they won everything. At least, they did until one fateful battle in the Unknown Regions changed their fortunes forever.

When I first joined the board, the Republic was the undeniable Great Power of the galaxy. They had beaucoups powerful allies in the Omega Protectorate, Mandalorians and Fel Empire, and were kicking the Sith Empire from pillar to post with a bit of help from their buddies. The Jedi Order hadn't splintered yet and was still extremely strong, with three powerful Jedi Masters essentially running the show. They were Selena Halcyon, Daella Apparine and Diana Moridina. Now these three were essentially light side fanatics who waged constant war with the dark and made an effort to purge darksiders wherever they found them. They were successful at this, but there were a few questionable incidents and some of those watching on from the sidelines started shouting 'war crimes!'. So popular opinion was turning against the all-powerful, meddling Republic, which essentially became Chaos' John Cena.

Meanwhile, to their west a faction called the Atrisian Empire rose to power. They changed their name to the Galactic Empire and died shortly afterwards. That faction never really amounted to anything spectacular, but what they were while they existed was a buffer state between the Republic and the Fringe Confederation.

The Fringe Confederation had slowly been building their power base in the Unknown Regions and had only recently become a major player in galactic affairs. They were in a proxy-war with the Republic's allies, the Omega Protectorate, and had been kicking around local lesser powers like the Atrisians for a little while. More importantly, they were co-founded by the former Sith Empress, [member="Ashin Varanin"], and due to the nature of their laissez-faire legal system, were a safe haven for many powerful Sith and war criminals. A Sith Lord named Alen Na'Varro fell into that particular group. So with the Galactic Empire gone, it was only a matter of time before the Republican zealots waged war against the Fringe.

In the first real BIG invasion in the board's history, the Republic invaded the Fringe at O'reen and were soundly defeated. They were never the same again. Shortly after, the Jedi Order fractured, Daella Apparine betrayed the Republic and the One Sith were born. They've been kicking the crap out of the Republic ever since.

The Fringe enjoyed Great Power status for a little while before their defeat at Eriadu at the hands of the Omega Protectorate (thanks Na'Varro and [member="Jared Ovmar"]) broke their momentum. They hung around for a year after that but eventually faded into obscurity.

And now here we are.

Matreya

Fabula Caromed said:
Soooooo glad you're over that. XD

Who here doesn't remember THE GODS? :p
Lmao it wasn't that they were supposed to be real gods! Hardly anyone seemed to understand that! A few have, and realize it had more to do with the belief of the planets people. Certain people fit certain roles, so they were dubbed Gods. Its the same as is currently enstated on the planet; if someone is of a high enough caliber they are named Demi Gods.

Its basically Val'halan equivalent of our own Apprentice - Master ranks.

Matreya

[member="Alen Na'Varro"]
Man I forgot that invasion! Was a blast! I think I faced like 4 people in that thread. Could be thinking of a different one though...lol

Matreya

Yeah. True enough.

But to all those seeking to come out and make a name, don't take it overboard and make sure to give yourself plenty of practice ic. Lol

[member="Fabula Caromed"]

One time I kicked that one crazy Sith Lady down a flight of stairs.
We went at it for a few more posts before I had to drop out due to real life issues.
Then there was that other time, just a month or two later, where an apprentice level character managed to do a fair amount of damage to Ven.
(In other words, Ven has a history of being able to take on Master rank characters just fine, but one apprentice managed to bloody her up before being pulled away by another character)

Here's another one. The greatest PvE boss fight in thee board's history.

Rave Merrill, one of the board's premier alchemists at the time, gathered a dozen or so of the board's top tier Masters together to take down a L'lotek'k, which is essentially Cthulu. Foregoing personal allegiances, they banded together and took the thing on by summoning it to the Spires of Hell and unleashing all of their tricks. Na'Varro took advantage of a cut to the beast's head by ripping it open with the Force, which allowed [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] to smash the f*** out of it with some epic Starkiller levels of TK goodness. The good guys won, and Rave decided to use the thing's hide to make some fashionable leather coats. They were called the Kerrigan Coat, and they're impossible to get. Only those involved with the thread have them, and yeah, they're awesome.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with Sio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom