Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Guard's Council (Wue'gi Vod Only PM for Invite)

The Infernal’s return happened with little fanfare, nothing but the Defiant Mantis docking above Sundari City, the apropos security protocols in place. The battles of Commenor were over, the Mand’alor’s absence known only to those with classified permissions. She spent the day in private, closed to all but [member="Strider Garon"] and the Yalilyr. Not once did Yasha remove her helm or arms.

The air around her unsettled, caustic and brash. [member="Ambrose Cadera"] remained in gurlanin form, seven of his Yalilyr also in their natural lupine state. They moved as one, flanking the Infernal until none could get within fifteen feet of the woman, without a snarl.

“Call the Wue’gi Vod Council.” The weight of her armour shuddered to the black marble throne, which for the first time since begetting the Council at all, Yasha sat upon. Places were set for the Council upon the round table, refreshments set at ease. The throne room filled with Yalilyr and Death Watch guards, diffused light spilled over their matte black armour to paint the hall with shadows.

“My apologies for not having thrones for you all, yet my bodyguards desire to keep me close.” Deep and weary was the voice which echoed out of the buy’ce, as the Wue’gi Vod members arrived. “The rumours of my death or abandonment of the Mando’ade are misplaced. I have much to discuss with my Council.”

A brown gurlanin snapped her jaws, jitters going through the others at some mean telepathic communication between the pack. Ambrose growled, his head reaching high in his place beside the throne, flanking Yasha with another large gurlanin with black and silver fur. The room settled.

“I must apologize for my lenience toward those bearing the Force. Long have you warned me of the Sith threat, and long have I dismissed part of it, for I felt no dis-ease around such beings. I saw only politics where others saw religion. I was blind to the threat which availed us, thinking the separation of geography and elimination of alliance was enough to keep us sanctified in our own territories. I thought by remaining independent, unwed and refusing to do that which was asked of us by the Sith, it was enough. Now I am no longer content. So. What shall we do with our Northern Neighbours?
Divider_1.png

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"]

He heard the call and answered and made his way to the Defiant Mantis, He didn't believe she was gone or had abandoned them and wanted to see what the summon was about. No doubt she had a great deal to discuss since her return from Sith space he didn't have much trust for the Sith empire but he understood the situation with the Mandalorians current status with them, As he entered the room wearing a rather interesting ornate armor he wears for such important occasions like these and other ceremonies he took note of the guards that prowled around her, appropriate that the Wolf herself shall be guarded by hounds themselves he did his standard respectful bow which was him placing his right hand clenched in a fist on his chest over his heart and moving one of his legs back abit as he bowed before standing up putting his hands behind his back as he listened to her speak.

He was surprised for a moment but pleasantly so when she addressed her viewing towards those with the force, He wont deny there was a small hint of concern towards his fate for a moment before she brought up the Sith that dwell on there northern border. He had a few ideas what to do about them but first he wanted to see what the rest of the council will say before he says his peace, No doubt some here had strong feelings towards handling this empire but they where small in comparison to the mass of the Sith that where nextdoor however that never stopped them before and he doubted it will stop them now.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"]

"And [member="Gilamar Skirata"] pointed out not so long ago, we don't have the hands to manage that kind of undertaking," Alkor was just behind [member="Kaine Australis"] as the Warmaster entered the room, sans his buy'ce. His armor was battered and beaten, yet he wore it with pride. An honor duel well fought and pain hard earned remained with him in both spirit and the physical. "With respect, Warmaster," Centaris grinned, "let's not put Mandalore through the wringer just yet."

Alkor turned to gaze at [member="Yasha Cadera"], newly returned from her excursion into Sith space. He offered the most polite nod he could and stood near the table, his arms folded. "It is good to see you alive, Yash'ika," he said to her, "some of us were worried you might not come back. It's good to hear you've come to your own conclusions about the Dar'jetii."

He did not yet bring up the fight on Onderon and Dxun, though she was probably already aware. She brought this forward to discuss the Sith, and so they would be the topic for the moment. "So long as they are not involving themselves with Mando business, I'm content letting sleeping dogs lie- at least, for now.

Honestly, I want to see a united Mandalore. A Mandalore that can stage a Crusade like the one Australis is talking about. Then we can make moves against them."

You've done a phenomenal job bringing things back from near death," he told her, "but what's our next move? Where does Mandalore go from here?"

Having arrived in enough time to listen to the emerging discussion, Keira sat near where [member="Alkor Centaris"] stood, never far behind or too displaced from her brother in most instances. Whether he liked it or not, there was no escaping her so easily. "You all know how I feel about the Sith, so I'll spare you that." Their name was always spoken like a curse, and this was no different. Her thoughts on the matter were likely well-known before the question was even uttered, but far be it from her to hold her tongue on matters such as these. Hunting their kind was something of a pastime for her, and all the better if she could fit in within her scope of official duties.

"I don't see any reason they should be given quarter. If it were up to me, they would have received the same treatment the Jetiise already have from us. Let them burn." Despite her usual temperament, and contrary to what others might believe, she wasn't one who called for war so readily unless there was no other conceivable option. And with the Sith, there rarely ever was. Violence was a language both parties were more than fluent in, and it served well enough for a common tongue. "I know we're not in much of a state for war right now, but I don't see anything else working long-term. The only dealings with them that reach any understanding are those involving death, and for once I think they should pay that price."

Two hands reached up to unclasp her buy'ce, and she set it on the table before her, visor facing outwards. "My clan specializes in hunting Force-users. Hell, the both of us here are Kyr'tsad. If they don't want to let us be, that's their mistake. It's time they recognize that. I've been calling for a crusade against their kind since I sat the throne, and I think it's about damn time it happened."

[member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Skorvek"] | [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Strider had assisted the young Mand'alor to her seat proper. He tried his best to keep the armored female upright with the strength of his arms while at the same time trying to look as if he put barely any effort into it to guard her image of strength. Yasha had been through a harrowing ordeal, her body was wrecked and drained and where she needed rest and proper medical attention she instead insisted upon going about mandalorian business against better judgement. There was barely any words crossed between the two since his rescue of her from Dromund Kaas. The older warrior wanted give her both barrels and some for her reckless naivety and poor judgement that had landed her trapped in a deep hole with a notorious Sith Lord without proper back up. But what ever words his tongue could lash upon her, he kept them silent for he knew that they would not cut as nearly as deep as her own inner critic.

After he had assisted her to the Throne, he made his way out from the Gurlanin pack and towards an empty seat close by. One of the Gurlanin gave him a snarl, there was not love loss between the creatures and Strider. The old man was not shy to show his disdain for the shapeshifters. He would give the canine a gaze while imagining how quick he could strip the hide from it's carcass. Such a fantasy thought brought him a twisted grin that he shared before taking his seat. Wasn't long after that, for the rest of the council to show up and for the recently rescued Yasha to the business at hand.

This wasn't one of those meetings where being silent was best. This was a place a voice was needed to be heard and with that the Grizzled Veteran began " We are not ready to launch a crusade" His voice was deep and resonating. "Our people are not strong in numbers to stack up upon the Imperial Sith War Machine and their dark space magic. Our clan's are not as united as they should be, With the Te Vemon in open rebellion and attacking us. We open the front on the Sith for what ever justified reason we have, we will be fighting a war not just along the borders but from with in. My vote is no for crusading the Sith"

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"]

4wDpEF0.png

Discontenting from the stars was necessary for the young woman in these days. The clan was beginning to thrive and stable enough that she could focus on physiotherapy. Each step was a challenge, every meter a milestone. Her ambitious desire to walk, jog, run, sprint like she could before the loss of the lower left leg was her drive. These past few months Cynthia was consumed by her fight, but today was time to focus on every one she promised to protect like every other mandalorian. It was a great honour to be invited to the council. She had came alone unaware of the procedures of these meetings, and yet the room was filled up with more than just council members. Cynthia walked with confidence taking seat across from her buir ― no her dar'buir, even though they was no longer of the same clan in her kar'ta Strider was and will always be her buir. The buy'ce came off as she lifted it from off her head pink strands of hair would fall covering the woman's face.

It took no time at all for words to begin flying and the topic was something she had a burning harsh opinion on. At the moment it had seemed to creep up more and more lately. Her clan spoke openly about wanting to strike at the sith before they took strikes at us, yet deep down it was not that easy. "I agree with Kaine and Keira. The darjetii is a thermal detonator in a room full of proton-bombs waiting to happen." She said with a loud clear voice. "But if we poke the hive we need to be cautious of each outcome. If we are to go to war with the darjetii empire then we need to strike at places that it will hurt, trade routes, factories, foodstuff's, fuel. We need to get a favourable advantage."

"It is no secret I hate the darjetti shabuir and my rifle as well as my clans weapons will always be ready to strike at the threat. With that I vote yes for crusading the sith."

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
"The Sith outnumber us, ten to one." It was a fact. The Sith held the largest armada the Galaxy had seen since before the Gulag Plague. Ships the size of metropolises were at the front of their military might and they had no trouble crewing them to capacity. While Gil did think their fleet was bloated, the iron fist of Kaine and his Sith Lords kept them all in line.

The old Mandalorian grumbled.

"The war with the Old Sith started while some of you were still children, unable to fight in our war, so I won't expect you to remember how terrible it was. While we did thrive in that war, and eventually one, it took an immeasurable toll on our bodies and our spirits. And Kaine's Sith are even stronger. Right now, we need to keep them away from us while we reconnect with our worlds. If we want to bring the fight to the Sith we need to do more than lick our wounds, we need a full night's rest." He shifted in his seat uncomfortably and crossed his arms.
"And while I disagree that Te Veman is as large of a threat as Strider makes them to be, he is right that we can't fight terrorists and the Sith at the same time. Something needs to be done about them."

[member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kaine Australis"] @Skorvek @Yasha Cadera

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
It seemed that [member="Yasha Cadera"] had finally come around on her views of the Sith Empire. In the not-too-distant past, there had been the quite real possibility of her wedding the Emperor's son, which would have shackled the Mandalorians to the Sith Empire enduringly. Much had changed over such a short period of time.

Jor sat in one of the council seats, saying nothing as of yet. The conversation bounced from person to person, divergent points were made, but at least his vode were in agreement on one thing; the Sith posed a major problem. Merely getting his kin to agree on this point seemed a daunting task not so long ago, but the Mandalorians had come surprisingly far, after being shaped by cold hard experience. Some here had fought in the Seven Day War and had pledged themselves to Ra Vizsla. Some knew of the Vizsla's true purpose as the Emperor's puppet. That was a deep wound that would probably never heal for them, certainly not for Jor.

"I agree with an isolationist approach," Jor finally said from his seat, baring little emotion. The fact of the matter was that [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Strider Garon"], and [member="Gilamar Skirata"] were right; the Mandalorians simply did not have the resources, manpower, or political capital to challenge the Sith at this time. "We at least agree on the parasitical nature of the Sith. War may not be possible, or even practical. But what we can at least do now, is sever our ties with them, and work to make Mandalore as self-sustainable and as little reliant on outside resources as possible."

As he listened with interest he noted the Warmaster [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Keira Verd"] and [member="Cynthia Solus"] wanted to raise the war banner against these sith, While it is not the worst idea [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] and @Gilmar Skirata Presented true points about our man power versus the large power base of the Sith and Strider presented another point, The Te Veman must be dealt with before we attack anything, One must do some house cleaning before attacking larger pray. When they all said there piece was when he spoke in a deep almost soothing tone with all the respect he has for the council present.

While the Sith should be dealt with I agree that we do not have the man power to fight against something as large as they are..At least not yet, A Wolf should not hunt there prey while dissension within the pack persists, While the Sith are the bigger threat the Te Veman are the more immediate that should be dealt with. No matter the choice I and the resources and armies of Erebos shall follow however I personally vote No for a Crusade as of yet until we are more prepared for them.

That was all he said before returning to silence too see her choice, So far the majority is again'st a Crusade but the choice is ultimately up to her.

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

“Thank you, Alk’ik. How could I not return, when Manda called so loudly?” There would have been a smile for her compatriot [member="Alkor Centaris"], had Yasha removed her buy’ce. The gurlanins around her gave a low growl as Kaine Australis came close, then sat at her right hand. Tuulu, in silver and black fur at her side, continued his growl. Teeth barred for a few agonizing seconds for the Warmaster.

“We are in no immediate threat from the Sith Empire, not even now. If Emperor Zambrano wanted us dead, he would have already sent his super star destroyers after the Defiant Mantis and shuttered our escape, burning our worlds down while Australis was in Commenor and I was in his space. I can assure you all, we shall see no more of the Sith Emperor in Mandalorian lands. That path is closed.

I closed it in the ruins of Kaas City, surrounded by the dead created under your command, Alor Skirata.” The Infernal’s wolf standard twitched to view [member="Gilamar Skirata"], unblinking red electronic eyes peering into the elder Mandalorian. “Those who survived the Mandalorian bombardment gave me copious lessons. They remain, demonic and transformed, the entire subterranean cavern a testament to the scars we gouge in the galaxy. I do not take Mandalorians going to war lightly, I have seen our victories and our sins.”

She let the words sink. Her face beneath the wolf helm looked to [member="Strider Garon"], the loyal Hound aiding in silence until now. His wisdom guided her, when she struggled to breathe. His confidence in her ferocity brought the half-orphaned child to battle in the Civil War. While he was not always present, his loyalty was as strong as Ambrose’s and the gurlanins around her now.

“I have another way of cleansing our Empire of misguided rhetoric, and securing our strength for the future. You are correct, Kvall. We must focus on continuing the path of self-sustainability and uniting the Clans… we will be vigilant. We will keep a wary eye on our Northeastern borders.”

The wolf turned without Yasha moving her armoured face. It peered, frigid and unfeeling at [member="Kaine Australis"], then [member="Cynthia Solus"] and back again.

“Without immediate crusade against those who refuse to fire first. Strider and Gilamar are wise. They know what war with the Sith will bring upon us, and I will not open those gates while the Veman attack Onderon and Dxun, calling for my head. Between the derision in our own culture, and the threat of the Jetise, why would we begin a war on multiple fronts, when there are other ways to put the message of our insular independence forth? We will act, and we will act harshly. None in the Galaxy will be blind to it. We make our stand, we strengthen ourselves. Fortify and prepare... for whatever comes. We will only be defeated by inside squabbling and turning against each other.”

As all the Council put their words forth, Yasha counted the sway and opinions. [member="Skorvek"] recommitted the forces of Erebos, and that too gave Yasha pause. Three for, five against open war. “We have entertained Aruetiise in Manda’yaim too long. [member="Keira Verd"], what would it take you to remove any lingering aruetise and dar’jetise from this planet? Australis, how quickly can we open the market stations in our territories? How fare the defensive measures I approved before my departure? What damage was done to Onderon and Dxun? What relief efforts have yet to be made, and where are the Veman now?

Those, who would attack not only Onderon, but Vena to kidnap my daughter for profit?”

Jor Kvall

"The Emperor doesn't want us dead," Jor interjected towards [member="Yasha Cadera"]. "Fighting us was never part of his plan. He wants us to serve him. To bleed on the battlefield for him and effectively become a vassal state of the Sith Empire."

The conversation was beginning to take divergent turns, but Jor spoke loudly and firmly enough that he hoped the others would hear his words, Mand'alor most of all. He had questions for Yasha, principle of which was where she had been these last few months. But that could wait for another time, and perhaps she would explain it to the council herself.

"Killing us is only a last resort. But the Dark One may try it, once he realizes he has no hope of controlling us. We must not allow this to happen before we are ready."

Gilamar Skirata

Gilamar nodded. A defensive war they could win, not that he thought it wise to incite one for the sake of finding a fight. That discussion could come later.

"Junction," he started before he tapped a datapad he had a few times, ", it was a fortress world of ours during the first Sith-Mandalorian world. It was where we trained our foreign soldiers. The capital still has the military base from then, several powerful shield domes..barracks, hangars. If we could take that planet before the Sith figure out we're no longer friends it could serve an invaluable asset as a boarder watch world."

He swiped up on his datapad which displayed images and video of the capitol, New Junction. From the view of the video, it seemed like the planet was fairly stable with trade ships flying in and out of view.

"The last I'd heard the Red Legion troops stranded there after the Great Vanishing settled in and became the world's primary defense force. Strider and I would probably know at least some of the higher ups there. Their numbers would be an incredible boost to our military." He tapped the screen of his datapad again with a sigh and flung more images over top of Junction's data. Several small bases and holdouts throughout old Mandalorian worlds and the Mandalore system itself began filling the screen. Most of them looked old, as if no one had touched them in decades.

"These were old Ori'ramikad bases, scattered throughout old Mandalorian Space. If we can find men and women to staff them...They would work as holdouts, listening posts, weapon stores. Some of these places haven't been touched since before I was born so they'd take a little sprucing up, but..."

Gil leaned back in his chair, his arms folded again.

"You want to give us a chance in a defensive war, this is the first step. We need stronger boarders and we need numbers. Junction provides us both. I don't think inviting them to fight is smart, but I think all gathered here agree that the Sith are no friends of ours. Let's not let them think that until we are ready."

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] @Skorvek @Strider Garon [member="Cynthia Solus"]

"Our borders are a priority," Alkor agreed with Gilamar, "any world that can buffer us against potential attacks should be garrisoned. The further from Manda'yaim that the border is set, the better." Junction remained just on the cusp of Sith Imperial space, and it already had Mandalorian investments. It made sense to take it back.

"On the subject of te Veman," he switched gears and broached the topic rigidly, "terrorists or not, they are Mandos. They need to be approached as a group with different, perhaps radical ideas and not necessarily enemies of the state. If we want to ultimately unite the clans, we cannot alienate any of them."

He pointed toward the table and made a sweeping motion with his arm over everything spread across it. "We have to address their ideology. What they believe, why they believe it, and what we might be able to do to change their minds."

Alkor stopped for a moment, then added, "even if we cannot, we must allow them a voice. We must allow them to face their frustrations and resolve them. We have enough enemies."

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Cynthia let out a small sigh that pushed the air from out her nose. Maybe her thoughts was clouding her judgement because of her hate of the sith. They enslaved, degraded and hurt their own for no good reason. That was something she was raised to fight against. It wasn't because they was some mystic warriors, it was because they was bad people that destroyed and killed lives for sport and pleasure. "The world my clan took residence on, Vanquo. Its rich with materials we could use to construct defences. The same time it would make the planet a target, the up side it's close to taris so the materials don't have to move so far."

The woman wanted to do her part more than anything, It wasn't obligation but rather a sin many humans feel, pride. She wants to take pride in knowing that these people is what she lives for, every mandalorian, her vod. Her want - to protect them all, thats the dive she has that fuels her. If that means going to war instead of skirting around it she would gladly march in head held high. It was having a clan that gave her the out look to truly protect in a way she had never felt. A wash of confidence flowed over her as her eyes glimmered. "I will admit, all of you most likely have more experience than I have. I apologise for letting my hate for the sith speak for me. For that I don't think my vote should count for very much at this time because I know I've much more to learn and to experience. So I will listen to everyone wisdom take this time to learn from it. What ever it takes for our people to flourish just know you all can trust in me to do all I can." Cynthia ended her words with a smile eager to just hear and take part in what was to be said.

Skorvek watched what was unfolding with detail it was nice to see that the Warmaster [member="Kaine Australis"] chose to not push a Crusade and instead wants to initiate a defensive battle with fortifications on there respective worlds, [member="Cynthia Solus"] offered her worlds resources for such things and he pondered for a moment. Erebos was far away but he could transport warriors and resources and awaken the weapon forges once more for the Mandalorians he spoke again after everything else said there piece in his calm demeanor.

The forges of Erebos while far, Shall be open to the Empire and any warriors and weapons created in it shall be used for the empire and the empire alone. A defensive battle is the best thing we could do to fortify our worlds and forces in case the Sith do come for us.

It wasn't much he had to say on that but he observed the map after he spoke and waited to see what the others will say, he had nothing to say about the Te Veman that wasn't already covered they will be handled in time whether it be sooner or later.

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

“Munin and Vizsla long served the Emperor's business and intermarried with the Zambranos for political gain.” [member="Ambrose Cadera"] raised his mighty gurlanin head and chuffed into the air. The other gurlanins raised up on their paws, backs raised, ears pricked forward. Tuulu's silver-black snout sniffed at the air.

“Our relationship with the Sith Empire concluded, [member="Jor Kvall"]. I saw to it... and I will continue with the expulsion of every aruetise from Mandalore, and the eradication of all embassies upon our homeworld. [member="Keira Verd"], [member="Kaine Australis"], serve the Sith Embassy its' eviction notice. The others split between us.”

Might and Mercy. That was the promise of a hazardously young Yasha upon taking her Infernal Mantle.

“Do not condemn yourself, [member="Cynthia Solus"]. We are all equals before Manda, and we are too mighty to kneel.” The wolf-helm peered at [member="Gilamar Skirata"], and [member="Strider Garon"]. “Taking Junction so close to the Sith border would be in itself an act of war. The Non-Aggression Pact Carnifex and I signed included an agreement to take no planets within a certain buffer zone. If we took Junction back, we would have to act hastily and with tact to fortify. See if you can contact your people, Alor Skirata, Alor Garon. I want to know how operational the Mandalorians on Junction still are, and if we have friends.”

Alkor spoke of Te Veman, and the Infernal's gut wrenched.

“Our planet was ash and the horrific grief of a Civil War, which bled too many warriors to Manda. Our wounds from the loss at Utapau fractured the Cuir Rekr Ra set to conduct his business. In words of anger, Ramanaar left Mandalore. I do not fault him for it. His body broke for Manda’yaim. The screams of his night terrors were my lullabies. The loss of my mother and brother made this a land of torment superseded only by the horror of seeing his child turned into a murderer for Ra. He buried his armour and left. Grief all but broke us.

All who remained were Vilaz Munin and I. I was young. And I was foolishly desperate to maintain strength lest we tumble to dichotic atoms across the sickly stars. I saw the Sith net in motion around us, and acted. If I did not act with haste, there would be no Mandalore left. The night before I took the Mantle, Vilaz urged me to take Ancius Zambrano’s hand in marriage, and promised to stand beside me. They were harrowing times, and the morning came with alarum. Malika was murdered by Carnifex’s apprentice, to start a war which would eradicate Sith and Mandalorian alike.

Kaine Zambrano, immortal Dark Lord of the Sith and Emperor of the strongest government in the Galaxy knelt at my feet. He spoke of plots, attempting to prevent the Galaxy’s bloodiest war. I did not come to this throne lauded as the saviour of the Mando’ade, but as the desperate last string of a quadrumvirate which laid seizing in its’ own spilt blood.

In the ashes of that day, our People fractured, and of that I am ashamed. Mistakes were made, and I do not fault those who were on the bitter edge of them for dissent.

Might and mercy. Was that not what I spoke to you, [member="Alkor Centaris"], when you and your sister stood, prepared for my katar to slit your throat? I watched a man whose talents made demons of clientele bow his head and pray one last time to come home.”

Her gauntlet was heavy as a singularity. The armour encasing her hid a brutalized, unrelenting young woman.

“Chin Vhetin is not a political maneuver. It is the Kad-given right of all who come to Manda and pray to return home. Dialogue with our vode must take place. Safe passage will be granted, even for Ronan Vizsla and Koda Fett, who not three weeks ago made an attempt on my daughter’s life. We must give room for the healing of our wounds. We must wash them clean in the virgin snow of our continued existence as a culture, and as beings called to the highest by Manda.

I was not wise of years, when I became Mand’alor, so I begat this Council. I was not knowledgeable in naval combat, so I chose a Warmaster, who could throttle every enemy. Australis, you are the fiercest warrior I have seen in this plane and the next. You act with a viciousness reserved for the damned and your desire to protect the Vode must be given the highest commendation…”

Leaning on her right elbow, Yasha’s abused face contorted in a moment of masked agony under her buy'ce.

“… so tell me why…” A bruised throat patched with bacta patch and sutures bobbed. “… when I left Manda’yaim in your care, informing you alone of where I had gone and what I went to accomplish…”

A breath from aching lungs. The gurlanins’ hackles raised, the pack hemming Yasha in and pitch-black eyes turning to [member="Kaine Australis"].

“… the first thing you did was leave Mandalorian space with sixty kilometres of our best ships, ventured through hostile territory to commit a battle so far outside our borders Mandalore’s protection was up to providence alone?”

She let the words gnaw at the air. The fire in her belly caused her fingers to grip the marble of her throne so hard it chipped.

Your duty was to Mandalore, and you abandoned her. You weakened our defences, to answer the call of a payment to your own personal Clan. Defending Commenor was the act of the righteous… if I had remained upon Manda’yaim to protect our vulnerable borders, but no. You stripped our worlds and deserted your post.” Yasha’s voice cracked, her throat working as she gulped down a mouthful of red ichor staining her hidden lips. Striking ruby wolf-eyes settled ill upon the face of a man she loved. The man who called her children by name in the secret of their private lives. Tender your resignation immediately, or face court marshall. You can no longer be my Warmaster, if you cannot follow the order to keep our people first in your heart and mind.”

Tuulu was first to move, teeth barred as he stalked toward Kaine’s seat.

“[member="Skorvek"] and Cynthia start your forges. Our enemies are many and the burden is heavy. Warmaster Centaris, sit by my side. Australis was vacating your seat. He will find another. Yronwulfr, come sit at the Council table. For those who know him not, Yronwulf is one of the keenest strategic minds we have.” A hulking man in leonine armour moved from the armoured guards, and removed his buy’ce, revealing a greying head and keen, narrow eyes. He stood first in front of the throne, watching [member="Kaine Australis"] with the grief of lost words.

Jor Kvall

"Taking Junction will be perceived as an act of war, but so will destroying the Sith embassy," Jor said to [member="Yasha Cadera"]. He wasn't in disagreement about the nature of these ideas, only the timing. "If we want to avoid war with the Sith until we are ready, then we must time this right. In my opinion, the top priority should be securing our self-sustainability while diplomacy proceeds as normal, if at all possible."

This, of course, might be wishful thinking, considering how Yasha's last meeting with the Dark One unfolded.

"If we are in agreement about taking Junction, then we should do this last. The same goes for removing the Sith embassy. We should try to buy as much time diplomatically as we can."

Unfortunately, the conversation then took an unexpected turn. Jor was shocked to see [member="Kaine Australis"] publicly excised from his position over the Commenor affair - a battle which he himself had fought in. Of course, he had the excuse of simply following the Warmaster's orders. Though the battle had encountered little resistance and had been a success on paper, it would go down as a diplomatic failure for the Mandalorian Empire. The sad truth was that the affair simply didn't look good on Kaine's part, and it may have cost the Mandalorians the diplomatic time they needed by overplaying their hand.

Jor said nothing as Kaine left his seat, only providing a solemn gaze. A just punishment? It was not for him to decide.

Gilamar Skirata

He wasn't aware of the campaign at Commenor, in fact he assumed that Kaine would have had the blessing of the Mand'alor for a move of assets that large...But for every leader there was a warlord who thought themselves the equal of the Mand'alor. After Kaine had left the room he turned to the younger Jor. He wasn't familiar with the man's armor or the name, but he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders at the very least.

"It might seem aggressive, to move closer to their boarders." He paused, "But only if we follow through with the knee jerk reaction that has been discussed here." He leaned forward in his chair and his elbows rested on the table now.

"But if war or even hostility towards the Sith is something we are moving towards, it would make sense to slow our pace. We don't need to burn the Sith embassy, yet, and we don't need to expel them, yet. Any act like that is like inviting the Sith war machine to our doorstep. Junction is probably one of the most stable and well defended planets in the sector and if we go through with the rapid changes suggested we won't have time to build our defenses. The time to build is now while they are wary but unsure of our intentions, and once we are ready, we push them from Mandalore."

Clearly, no one had known about the decision before [member="Yasha Cadera"] announced it. A room of relative silence surrounded them as [member="Kaine Australis"] was removed from the position of Warmaster. No protests or cheers came; no, it was a solemn moment and one in which everyone had to pause and offer respect to the man for his contributions and sacrifices for the Mandalorian way of life.

But as he left the room, so did too did an era end.

Alkor was torn on how to feel. In a way, Australis' quick and decisive actions served to protect Mandalore against those who wished ill upon it. In others, he invited chaos. Most recently, the Verd clansman had not been impressed with some of that decision making.

When Mand'alor called him to her side, Alkor turned to match her stone gaze with one of his own. Warmaster? Warmaster! A title that offered great power and great responsibility to the people. A title that meant sacrfice, and the burden of leadership. A title-

It was a title.

Above all else, that was all it was.

Alkor could have said much as thanks, or given words of acceptance. He could have chosen to make promises. There were hundreds of doors that slammed behind him as he responded in the most fitting way he knew how.

He moved quickly and quietly to the new seat as the others continued to strategize. Once seated, Alkor rested both forearms on the table and glanced over the various information smattered across the holographic imaging as [member="Gilamar Skirata"] and [member="Jor Kvall"] spoke.

"Action taken too quickly will eliminate many options," he agreed. "The Sith currently have questions about the non-aggression pact made between Mand'alor and their Dark Lord, and though it hangs by a thread, we have no reason to believe it is yet compromised."

He glanced sidelong toward the woman who towered over him, pointing to Junction and the other worlds nearby in turn. "If they expect us not to move on these worlds, they must have no intention of moving on them either. That means we have until they change their minds, or we change ours. We should take this opportunity to gauge their stance. Utilize the embassy while we still have it to utilize. Study them. Learn how they respond."

He brought his hand to rest in front of him, T-visor now on the former Mand'alor who suggested they stay their hands. "If given the resources, could you fortify and arm Junction with a small contingent of ships and the men to crew them?" he asked. "If so, we could slowly bring it to strength under their noses and then stake a claim to it when it is at full strength."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom