Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Guard's Council (Wue'gi Vod Only PM for Invite)

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
"Easily," he assured the newly appointed warmaster.

"Junction was a place tied closely to the Mandalorian war effort against the Sith. As long as we're straight with them I have no doubt they would join us again willingly."

[member="Alkor Centaris"]

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Cynthia smiled as Yasha expressed some confidence in her although the pink haired woman couldn't help feel that her words had been a little miss interpenetrated. "We may be to mighty to kneel Mand'alor but you would be the only one I would Kneel to. In my life time you've been the only leader I could place my faith next to Manda's its self." It felt only right to return the raise in self esteem. Knowing what Yasha had just been through just knowing the level of support her people gives her should bring the infernal pride. To Cynthia the woman who had sacrificed the most in this room, the woman who would destroy hell its self for her people, was an inspiration. not just to her but to mandalorians everywhere. In fact everyone in this room that had a name for themselves was an inspiration, and there was hope someday she herself could join them at the top.

It came with some surprise to her that Kaine, the warmaster who defended their territory and carfully weaved the strong defences it has now was in someways just cast aside. She understood the reasons why and it was just, he had gotten away with many things leaving Mandalor and her people almost undefended was to risky. Everyone here was talking about war knowing full well other powers in the galaxy would be plotting the demise of something they have grudges about. If an invasion force had come, Cynthia shook her head a little getting that though out her head. There was nothing to say right then yet hold her tongue in silence.

The moment she had heard her name spoken once more her focus snapped away from the man who was leaving the room back to The infernal. "Our forge may be small but we can make more. Me and my clan will rise up to show our worth and to lift some of the burden away to lighten what lays on your shoulders."

The Age of Australis concluded with the quiet walk of a gracious, albeit penitent man. The Age of Centaris rose in silence and the thrusting of Command upon one, who thought himself outside such goals.

“Defending Commenor was righteous, but not at the expense of our own safety, with an outrageous navy and certainly not when Kaine Australis knew full well where I was, and what I went to accomplish. The exact time I was gone was precisely when we should have expected a Sith attack… as Carnifex and I threw into battle.” A leaden hand, cursed by the frailty of injury shook as Yasha Cadera reached for the mechanism to unfurl her wolf-helm, but paused. [member="Cynthia Solus"]’ words struck Yasha’s covered, but wounded face.

If they knew…

“If they have not attacked us yet, they do not intend to do so for some time. In the belly of Kaas City… I more than claimed our eternal independence… it was no genteel conversation, and neither did Carnifex nor I exit unscathed.” Yasha spat. “Carnifex knows an attack on us would lead to Sith devastation and the weakness of war on multiple fronts, as the Republic and Silver Jetiise would undoubtedly take that opportunity to strike. I know what it is that kept Carnifex so close, and it wasn’t our troops, whom he could have offered credits to mercenary out.”

The gulp she took hurt, causing a series of harsh coughs. She dug her elbows in, to prevent herself from falling forward. “The Dark Lord wants Adara. He was willing to kill eight hundred and forty seven people on Sabarene to get to her once, he will do so again. While I will protect her till my last breath, I do not expect any others to die on Adara’s account. Yet… we know his goal.

Prior to his death, Jaster Awaud, made an investigation into [member="Adara Raxis"]’ health, and what the Dark Lord could do with her as she matures. In his investigation, Jaster uncovered plots instigated with members of Te Veman, to antagonize us. He also revealed the eventuality for the removal of Adara from Mandalorian space, to be raised as a daughter of Zambrano. The recent kidnapping attempt on Vena and attack on Onderon, I believe, was the first in a series of events meant to weaken our defences. Simply put, he is manipulating our divisive brothers and sisters to cause a situation where we would have no choice but to petition for his aid, or Mandalore is overtaken and weakened enough to be annexed through our shared border at Dathomir.”

Punished lungs shook under exhausting armour. “I had to know how far deep Carnifex desired to go, and now I do. They underestimate us. We will not be broken. We will patch our Clans, protect our children, and defend our lands. The Sith thought they could be clever, and they are. We will overcome this, and be stronger for it.

Speak with Junction, we will need them… I was halfway to reconvening the old guard stations along our northern border… there are stations mostly derelict or run by pirates we need to reclaim for the Empire. Alor Kvall, Warmaster Centaris, see which members of Te Veman would be willing to speak with us.

Thank you, Alor Solus. Everyone. I assume we all know our duties? I have been asked by Alderaan to make a state visit. I believe it is with the intent of economic treaties between us, and to reunite the Alderaani Clans with the vode in our Empire. It is another process we can take to rejuvenate and restructure our vode into one. I recognize my return has been swift, but I would not like to keep the once exiled clans waiting too long before assuring them of the welcome they will receive upon their return.

Alor Skirata, we have need of MandalMotors’ larger projects, to coordinate new offensive and defensive measures in our outposts. I would also like to fund the development of new AI, to replace those we used under previous leadership. What engineers and scientists would we need to get these done?”

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Keira Verd"]

He gave a bow to [member="Yasha Cadera"] when she told him and [member="Cynthia Solus"] to ready there forges for use, He turned to Cynthia and spoke to her after her mention of having a small forge perhaps she and him can come up with a few combination projects that they all can benefit from but first he will ask her if she wishes to have such joint operation before moving further.

If you wish we can combine our resources for certain projects if you wish to allow such cooperation.

His tone was deep and respectful to her to show that despite his lack of being around Mandalorian politics he recognizes the respect Alor's of there respective clans hold and treats it with the respect they deserve while some of his species would look down on them because of there superiority complex he recognizes where warriors are no matter the species. While Mandalore maybe without there Warmaster he knew another will take their place and they shall endure until then.

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Jor Kvall"]

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Gil threw his hands up and shook his head. The old man had been out of MandalMotors for a while.

"I can throw suggestions, but any real contracts you'd want to contact Zeke Farthen. I can say that advanced droid brains aren't...high on their priority list but, like I said, talk to Zeke."

“Thank you. We’ll talk to Zeke, Alor Skirata.” Yasha grunted and slid her back against the throne. “That will be all for today. Our gracious Hetikles Baatir hosts have put out a feast for us all in the Hall. Please, my vode, eat and drink your fill. Council dismissed.”

Her armour seemed to hover in the seat, held up by the will to look strong. “Centaris, stay.”

Waiting for the others to drift off, the Gurlanin around the Mand’alor created what seemed to be a barrier preventing any from getting too close. The room turned to disquiet, as nothing but milling words faded, boots resounding drifted off, and but for the wolves and the former dar’jetii, the Infernal was alone.

A leaden hand, cursed by the frailty of injury shook as Yasha reached for the mechanism to unfurl her wolf-helm and reveal the punished, beaten and scarred face of a young woman who looked incapable of standing on her own two feet. Slivers of her left ear were missing. Her right eye was swollen shut by an obvious break in her orbital bone, nose reset, a crescent-shaped scar curling from upper cheek bone past her bottom lip. Olive skin stretched ill and pale as dried desert bone. Welts, which upon further inspection appeared to be a series of humanoid bite marks, bathed her sore and distressed neck.

“We need a new naval commander, burc’ya… Kaine would have murdered us for pride.” Yasha’s body shook as rasping coughs echoed out of her, red stains forming on her lips from sputum and injury. She slumped and Tuulu caught her. Eased her back onto her throne.

The Pack would ever put Yasha back on her throne, despite all alarm.

“He looked worse... bacta hasn't helped.”

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Skorvek"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Strider Garon"]

Alkor folded his hands before him as he looked her over. The many things he could say about her recklessness had more than likely already been said many times over by others. That was not the counsel that she needed, nor the one she asked for. The man had never been one to waste words unnecessarily.

Instead, he considered her question. "Yes," he murmured, "Australis cannot be depended on in light of these new circumstances. I would trust Kaine with many things, but the protection of Mandalore and its people is no longer one."

It was a harsh thing to say, but a true one. Alkor had witnessed the folly of Kaine Australis at Commenor. It was an act the man believed in, if not one backed by the Mandalorians as a unit but he had disregarded their desire to remain neutral and expended the lives of their people in a conflict not their own. That could not be allowed to happen again.

"I know of one man," he said slowly, "who has many assets, but his loyalty is unsteady at best. What do you know of Aliit Akaata, Yasha?"

[member="Yasha Australis Cadera"]

“I trusted Kaine with all our lives, Alkor. With my… with our children.” Yasha’s eyes cast down, tilting back only when she was capable of lifting her head. “He let his desire to kill dar’jetiise overtake our people’s wellbeing, when he knew I was going to kill Carnifex. I cannot forgive him for that. Although I do still trust him with much…

… I couldn’t do it. I had his brain matter on my elbow and he shrugged it off… put his hand to his face and reconstructed… I think I… I think I drowned him in a lake, and he climbed out… Alkor? Ember taught me how the Force could be used to raise the dead or prolong life, but… He wouldn’t stop. He couldn’t be stopped… I thought… I thought Mandalore would be protected. It was my fight. The last of Ra’s unfinished business…”

Tamar entered the room with a tray of sovereign specific, antiseptic and gauze. The Gurlanin let her pass, and one piece at a time, Tamar removed part of Yasha’s armour to tend her wounds.

“… The Pirate King?” Yasha’s head quirked to the side, Tamar taking off a seeping bandage to clean a bite mark on her neck. She stared at the shadows in the room, one bloodshot eye ill focussing upon him. “I know I’ve fought beside him on occasion. I know he has answered my call when it’s suited his needs to do so. Although I would ask Gilamar, or Strider. I was a baby, when [member="Aedan Miles"] was acting on his own behalf in the skies. Since, he’s an acquaintance.

I think the better question to ask is how could we entice him to give us his allegiance? What is it he wants for himself and his people? Opportunity for wealth? New technology? Clemency for past crimes?”

[member="Alkor Centaris"]

Alkor sat stonefaced as [member="Yasha Australis Cadera"] spoke of the wretched secrets of a dark master. Time and again, he heard tale of Carnifex doing the same as his own one-time teacher had. Alkor was well-studied in the arts that Mand'alor spoke of, yet he had chosen to put the life of a Force Master behind him. It pained him to even recall the magicks she referred to.

"The Dark Side of the Force," Alkor began, "is not at all like what the Jedi call on. There is far more involved than moving objects with the mind or invigorating the body with unnatural speed or strength. A learned adept can split his own spirit from his body and move it to another," he revealed, not so much a secret as something few spoke openly of. "The power to cheat death, or to defy it outright is something the Sith vaunt. Carnifex is not simply a man of imposing stature, you see," he pulled the helmet from his head and placed it on the table in front of him.

"He may not even be the body or face you know him as. His living vessels are ephemeral. His spirit is not beholden to any one form. He would prove most difficult to kill, if it came to that." Alkor had sincerely hoped that it would not. The power of the Sith was unrivaled in all the Galaxy, and the Mandos might take chunks out of their Empire, but it would cost them dearly.

No, if the Sith were to be an enemy, it would have to be done after careful preparation and with much greater numbers. They would have to be erased, not simply beaten down. The newly appointed Warmaster was not ready to make that decision, and he would counsel the Mand'alor against it as well.

"Once, Aedan and I were close allies. Before I became part of House Verd, before I met Isley. I know him as a vagabond and free spirit, but I also know him to be nearly unparalleled in command of a fleet. His transgressions in the past leave him with questionable loyalty, but I believe the chance to right his wrongs and bring honor back to his clan might sway him to our cause."

He smiled softly, not forcing her to match his gaze. It must have been difficult to move her head at all in that condition. "Ultimately, the decision is yours; but I will prepare to reach out personally and bring him before you, should you be amicable. We need strength, and to unite the clans once more."

“My Kad. We need to neutralize that quotient.” Bloodshot Amber eyes glanced at [member="Alkor Centaris"]’ face. He was always straight with her, loyal and willing to call her on decisions. He would tell her what he thought, not what he suspected she wanted to hear.

“Kain’ik is going to start a war, regardless of our intentions. How do we fight someone, who escapes death? We would be better off containing the situation, or keeping his wroth focussed elsewhere. The Aruetiise are ramping up for a fight. They will come to ask for our aide, and the don’t have Australis to give it anymore.” A worthy Warmaster.

“He don’t want Mandalore in ruins. A strong Mandalorian Empire means better living for the North, with no worry of Southerly attack. He’s spent a great deal of Sith Empire coffers on aide to Mandalore since the volcanic dust-up. The Emperor will let things lie. He’s immortal, he has that kind of time.” Tamar spoke with assurance, as one raised to serve the Zambrano family. She pulled Yasha’s gauntlet off, and peeled the armourweave. Bruising indicative of a severe break. A massive hand print. A fist wrapped around a forearm. Crushing. Holding down. Tamar cleansed the tissue, and applied a spray cast. “He wants Yasha and her babies, cause like as not they’ll all turn out like Adara. I’ve been wet nurse to nine of the Zambrano infants, Sir. I’ve never seen a child with the potential Adara has, nor have I seen the Emperor offer his own blood in such frequency. We were under orders to feed Adara as much of the Emperor’s and Empress’ blood as possible with the formulas we made. I told Yasha right away. She’s my Master now. If you wanted to save Mandalore, giving the girl to the Dark Lord…”

“No. He’s not getting my babies.” Yasha growled, the gurlanin around her following suit. Tamar raised both hands and spoke carefully.

“I realize that. Why attack Mandalore, when it holds worthy vessels? We saw it, didn’t we? He killed hundreds over Sabarene, because Adara was crying. That was nothing. He is patient, something if you don’t mind, Australis isn’t. The Emperor knows it’s only a few decades before his enemies die, but for Adara? That’s what he wants. The warriors are a bonus. Good relations are part of the manipulation, they do him credit. I’ve lived my entire life in his house. Bore children to become slaves. I did it gladly, and now? I’d bet my skin he wants to breed you. You have one hellacious pedigree.”

Yasha shivered on her throne. “This is not about my daughter and I. The situation is much more complex, and we all know it. Carnifex has been manipulating Mandalorian wars since I was eight years old. He wants puppets, and we're not doing it. Bring me the Pirate King, Alkor. I would offer him clemency for his entire Clan, friendship, and you are right. We need to unite the Clans. That is our primary responsibility. If Zambrano is willing to wait, then so am I. Every day gives us more time to prepare our defences and make our people impenetrable. Do it, Alkor. Bring me [member="Aedan Miles"].”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom