Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future of SSC

Hello, everyone!

The most prevalent feedback we received when we asked about your thoughts on our faction was lack of a clear goal and an identity of our own. So, we've come to a decision that we hope will push us in the right direction.

When the woman behind [member="Coci Heavenshield"] first created this faction, under her original main character Iella E'ron, it was known as the Order of the Silver Jedi. It drew inspiration from Legends canon, where a sect within the Jedi Order under the same name was formed with the singular purpose of eradicating the dark side of the Force and all its influences. You can read more about it here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Silver_Jedi

Granted, this new iteration of the Silver Jedi was not as extreme or narrow-minded as its Legends counterpart, but it provided a good foundation to draw inspiration from.

I didn't join until several months later, after they'd become a major faction and appeared on the map in close proximity to the Levantine Sanctum, who had set up shop in that neck of the woods long before. A natural alliance formed between the two organisations, which lay the foundation for what we have today. When the Levantines were under threat of going minor, they chose to rather merge with the Silver Jedi. Thus, we got the Silver Sanctum Coalition.

With the merger many members from LS obviously made the transition as well. We saw Dark Jedi, Rogue Jedi and Neutral Force-users join a mainly pure Jedi faction, and we did our best to accommodate them and incorporate what the Levantine Sanctum stood for while also maintaining the identity of the Silver Jedi.

Fast forward 18 months later, and here we are today. Most of the LS members have moved on to other things, and there's been no-one to drive their interests (exploration, discovery, all that jazz) forward in their absence. This left us with a lack of direction and goals as a faction, since what used to be a big part of it just sort of faded away.

Which brings us to the decision I mentioned at the beginning. Sorry for the history lesson, but I think it's important that you all know how we got to where we are now.

The decision is, we're shedding the last remnants of the Levantine Sanctum and going back to being a purely lightsided Jedi order. We're changing our name back to Order of the Silver Jedi, which means we will no longer open our doors to followers of the dark side.

Any Dark Jedi or Sith may stay if they opt to seek redemption and become a follower of the Light. If this does not catch your fancy, then you're free to go in peace and take your buisness elsewhere. I hate to put it so bluntly, but there it is.

What we've come to learn from your feedback is that we can't please everyone, which had been my hope during the merger. By trying to please everyone (from Jedi to the occasional Sith), we've lost our identity and any clear goals we might've had in the past.

To those of you who I'm sure is going to jump ship after having read this announcement, please be aware that this isn't some vendetta against you. This is what we feel is best for the faction as a whole.

What will this all actually change? For one we'll be focusing less on expansion and more on becoming the guardians Jedi are supposed to be. There'll still be dominions, but we'll focus more on policing the worlds already under our control as well as provide aid to other lightsided factions during invasions, etc. With both the Republic and One Sith going minor (check out the map update thread if you don't believe me), there won't be much in the way of enemies for us to fight and we'll more than likely see a large portion of GR members looking for a new home.

Be sure to check out this topic if you haven't: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/94943-planetary-systems-ssc-members/

We will also be posting a faction advert in the coming days for all to see, informing them of this change to our faction.

Thank you for taking your time and reading this rather lengthy announcement. For any questions you might have, feel free to ask them down below. :)

May the Force be with you,

Joakim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

TL;DR:
  • The Silver Sanctum Coalition is reverting back to the Order of the Silver Jedi, a purely lightside Force order.
  • If you're a darksider (Dark Jedi or Sith), you may stay only if your desire is to redeem yourself, either becoming Jedi, Rogue, or Neutral. We will no longer be accepting Dark Jedi or Sith.
  • Focus will be put more on Jedi training for newcomers, the defense of our worlds, and provide aid to other major factions rather than expanding our own borders.

Hi everyone. I just want to add something personal to Joakim’s wonderful words while I can, and that will be the end of it.

The Silver Jedi has been my home with Connor for nearly 3 years (coming April ’17) and he has been my main character since I joined the site and this has been his, and my, safe zone; the home on Chaos.

It’s been one hell of a journey. He has been to hell and back, hurt people in the process and stood on the brink of disaster, but his heart has always been noble and true and I feel he has now reached his point of redemption in moving the Silvers forward for Iella and Thurion. But what made this journey an exciting one was the Faction itself and my fellow writers and friends.

What I am saying to you all, new and old members, is to have fun with your character. YOUR character. No-one else dictates what they are or what they do. If your heart if true also to the Light then this will be your home on Chaos as long as you want it, and we will be your allies and family – both touching IC and OOC if you need us. I didn’t get Connor to where he is now by being careful, so I implore you all take risks.

Challenge yourself as a writer. Step out of your comfort zone now and then. Explore your greatest creative imagination to take your character on a path that may well be funny, sad, dangerous, heart-breaking, heart-warming, epic…whatever you choose. It may span a number of threads with many characters over a number of months, or it may be wrapped up in weeks. But it will be your making; and you will feel better for doing it.

We are here for your enjoyment. I love this Faction I call home and now am more excited for its future because we are still here, still strong and still active. We have built this Faction on a few simple ethics; strong communication, love of fun writing and respect for each other. We are one of the most drama-free Factions out there I think, and want you all to feel comfortable here and able to talk freely, as you have done, hence now why we are on the cusp of these changes for the better.

When it comes to your characters; please enjoy them. They are your characters and there is nothing they can’t do. Don’t let anybody, in the Faction or elsewhere, make you feel what you want for them is silly, or illogical, or boring – this is fiction after all and when our computers close down for the night, nothing we write about becomes reality.

Nobody gets hurt, nobody is affected. No matter what they look or act like or how many people fuss over them, they are YOUR creations and an important part of the overall RP world. Don’t be afraid of doing anything wrong, or not being “good enough” or “quick to respond” or “willing to play the Map Game”. We will support your ventures and help where we can.

If you have any problems at all, please come to us here in the Admin team. If you want to talk about ideas, concerns, worries, observations – please talk to us. We will listen, respond and act, regardless if you are an established or brand new member. If you want help in developing your character, or bringing a story for them to the table, then just say. NOTHING is off limit for you, and as long as we abide by core Silver Jedi ethics then we are all good. We won’t shout you down; we will discuss and see all possibilities.

I stepped out of my comfort zone in wanting to take Connor the edge and back and didn’t plan how he’d do it, but because of it I made some long-lasting friends and writing partners and I wouldn’t change it. I hope you find the passion to do the same with your characters – they can be heroes, lovers, wizards, ace pilots, saviours of worlds, fallen villains….no matter how epic or small, just go for it.

Enjoy the Faction, enjoy your time here and thank you for making the Silvers what they are.

Take that risk one day because you’ll surprise yourself, and you’ll be glad you did. Now get out there and save the galaxy.

May the Force be with you all.

Connor
(Chris)

QNQLqoe.gif

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Hello, I'm going to stay.

Because I'm fabulous.
Also I've request tag change to Jedi Padawan, since I'm redeeming myself by asking sorry to the ones I've hurt/helping younglings/helping master Matsu with mirrors and stuff.

[member="Tirdarius"]

I'm sorry that you only just joined and now this happens, but the harsh truth is we can't please everyone. It's better we choose one thing to excel at than a dozen half-decently. :(

I wish you well all the same, Master Tey! :flower:

A little discussion brought up the point that there are non-lightsiders that live/RP in SSC space, that aren't members of this faction. So, a few questions:

1. Is there any intention to put up a notice to the board in general?

2. Is there going to be an IC component to this change? And if so...

2. Is there plans to systemically root out and remove non-lightsiders, and if so, would non-SSC members be subject to this, or be left to their own devices?

[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

I'd be highly in favor of #1. Just as it should (well, it was) be dangerous to enter One Sith space as a Jedi, the same should be true of Silver space as a Dark Jedi or Sith.

Unless you're [member="Boo Chiyo"], because he brings the dark chocolate cookies. And eats them all, too, but that's beside the point.

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

I'm asking these questions on behalf on characters that have made their home in SSC space when it was still Levantine Sanctum space, before the merge, such as Seydon of Arda and Rosa Gunn.

Really, it'd be good to know if these people would be driven from their homes, is all, just because they're not of the light. As such, I would appreciate some definitive answers. :)

[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

You can tell them not to worry - we're not gonna go witch-hunting or anything. The structure of the order faction remains unchanged with each world minding their own buisness. :)

Plus, Thurion would never do anything to hurt Uncle Seydon or Auntie Rosa. ^_^

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

The Order will still be open to NFUers, as before from the start of the faction. But, of course your characters must be good people. :)

It equates to the same thing for the Jedi or those that wish to join an order of Jedi.

So basically you've reverted to being purely Jedi, huh? Jedi Lords running a theocracy.

That's fine, just so long as you don't try to impose on people living within your borders with crusading zeal all will be well.

I don't suppose you'll need any of the ships or weapons or bases I've made for the faction then, huh? Jedi don't usually have armies or ships, it's a bit beneath them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom