Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future of SSC

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] Thanks for your support - and as said a while ago we will welcome Dark Jedi as long as they have an intent to be redeemed or find themselves in a Rogue/Jedi Master position soon. So they can still take a journey with us, all we ask is they find the outcome they seek! :)

So if I'm a padawan who's made awesome friends and writing buddies both IC and OOC then will I be expected to leave if I also side-line as a bounty-hunter with a moral compass, or a smuggler who occasionally works with crime-lords in order to steal Sith research and such? Also if there's a story arc I may or may not have planned where I briefly search after dark-side/Sithy knowledge to save the ones I love a la Anakin without fully turning to the Dark Side then I'm more or less "redeemed" can I remain? Plz don't make me leave?

Hello everyone.

Even before the feed back thread and the new admin team had been included in SJO, Thurion, Connor and myself had been talking about the direction of SSC. The feed back thread pushed that even further, and we all thank you for it. But as you can imagine we did not take the decision to change lightly, and with the new additions to the admin team we included them in on the talks.

We knew not everyone would like the changes and that some people would decided to leave, and in the future some new people will come to our faction because of the change and new direction. This was done for the betterment of the faction and we hoped for all members. If they wished to remain and adapt.

Now I want to make it clear that those of you that wish to stay with us can, but you will understand if you do we need your characters to be within the 'boundries' of our tenants as a lightside faction.

Some of your characters are edgy and push the boundries, which is fine and we all hope to help you accommodate your story arcs. We have always done this in the past and will continue to do this for development of characters in the future.

So those of you that have these edgy characters, please continue to play them the way you want. I am looking at you, [member="Celiana"] ;)

I will take this opportunity to speak on some of the things being said in here that are simply not fact. When I started SJO (and some of you will have not known it then and only the SSC) there was never an intention of the Silver Jedi as Jedi Lords. We never set up any structure around this idea, nor did any of the founding members ever RP their characters as Jedi Lords then or in the history of the SJO or SSC. The same goes for the 'theory' of those that suggested (in the past) that SJO were sith hunters as in what the Legend link suggests. We started SJO as a purely lightside faction with the view of being an alternative to the Republics Jedi Order.

I also wish to inform you that from the start of SJO we always wanted and welcomed NFUers in the faction and at one point one had been on the Jedi Council as a leading voice for the NFUs at the time. Now that part of the faction has gone inactive but if there are NFU that wish to create something in the faction to further develop that side of things I would love to hear your ideas.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Just in case you guys have trouble finding the old SJO tag, or want alternatives, here's some artwork.

sjo1.png

[member="Celiana"] You won't have to leave, and those stories are fine. Like I say, I had Connor walk a very dark path and had a very testing time here, but it helped with my IC support and allies who did work with me as much as they possibly could. I always knew I didn't want to turn Sith or Dark Side, so I knew my limit, but I wasn't afraid to push myself and have a blast writing it with the OOC support of writers involved.

You sound like a Rogue to me. Right up Connor's street, so if you need any help with that "non-official" mission of yours to save someone Connor may or may not know...just shout. I'm all up for helping others have fun and develop their character. :)

[member="Celiana"]

Take my character as an example.

Boo was raised by a Sith Lord to be an assassin, and later used by the Primeval as an agent and spy. He's Dark Side poisoned, so he's not able to use the Light Side of the Force even though he has tried.

But, even though he uses the Dark Side of the Force exclusively, he fights the Sith, slavers, pirates, etc. His morals and values are skewed as a result of his upbringing, and he's usually looking for something to believe in (in all the wrong places) but his goal is always to try and make the universe a better place for others.

[member="Connor Harrison"] used Batman to describe his own story, I'd probably use the Punisher to describe Boo (though the current Robin, Damian Wayne, is a more on-point parallel). Which I think is still workable within the rebooted context of the Silver Jedi's faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom