Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Frontier of Freedom (Coalition Dominion of Ossus)

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
Objective: Saki Smash
Allies: Jedi
Enemies: ?
[member="Nightmare"]

Saki looked at the being as it moved away and she stood in the center of the crater she created while looking with more attention. The sigil burning when something brushed at her mind and she clenched her fist while seeing her padawan and it wasn't rage and anger. It was that coldness a jedi needed to attack without aggression but still give power and she was trained by two masters of the form.... Her feet planting for a moment as she pulled her arms up and tight to her ribs while she pushed the force out with her energy like a shield. The willpower manidesting like a barrier as they had gotten in the holocron with her voice coming out tight and controlled. "If you hurt Niamh you and I are going to have a problem." She said it while staying there reaching out with the force like a shadowstrike distortion to try and strike the kneecap.

Objective: Discuss
Allies: Unknown
Enemies: Unknown/[member="Saki"]

She felt the reaching of the Force and she brought a bubble of it around herself for defense. Sometimes Saki could be rather thick headed. Niamh couldn't fault her for it. When the woman set her mind to something it was nigh impossible to stop her from continuing down that pathway. Niamh had learned that first hand when the two of them had met years ago. Saki was the bullheaded Jedi. A force to be reckoned with.

But Niamh was the precision to Saki's brutality.

"Do you know darkness, Saki?"

It was the first thing she said, but it was cryptic. And yet she revealed that she knew the woman. Despite the garments she wore, if Saki paid attention, she'd recognize the voice of her student and the only woman to ever manipulate her in any manner.

Post 4 of 20
Objective: Prevent Jedi Artifact Theft Abandon ship. Younglings and teddyWookiees first.

3X744 slammed down against the floor.

A moment ago, it had been a wall. Except it was the floor now. With a groan, the small Mandalorian boy fiddled with the access panel, as the orientation of the struggling craft tilted yet again. The door retracted open, as the small Anzat went shooting by.

Instead of smacking against the door as the clone had, the Jedi sailed straight into the now open cockpit. And was promptly, unceremoniously bounced between cockpit chairs as though he were the ball in a living game of pinball. Thrown against the controls, the boy held on for dear life as he attempted to get his bearings. And his footing. And some orientation as to whether up was down, or down was sideways, or sideways...

...he'd kind of lost track of where sideways was now.

As the young clone crawled into the co-pilot's seat next to him, the small Anzat began working furiously to regain some control over the crashing cargo liner. "See if you can increase power to the lateral controls," the boy shouted over to the clone.

The copper-skinned Mandalorian shot a strange look over at the young Jedi. Then glanced down at the console in front of him, as though at a loss. Then back up at the Jedi in confusion. "I'm a Clone Trooper, not an astromech!" the child protested, his young voice slipping up an octave as exasperation crept in.

The Anzati just rolled his eyes. "Clone Pooper maybe."

Popping up from out of his seat, the clone cadet braced himself against the controls as the ship careened around them, so that he could maintain his balance as he unleashed a barrage of punches at the young Jedi's arm.

"Ow!"

They were within perhaps seconds of the rest of their lives. Crashing to their deaths. And, yes, there was absolutely time for this.

"E chu ta!" Jerking back from the attack, Sor-Jan tossed up the afflicted arm and then pushed out with the extended palm. As he did, an invisible Force snapped the young clone backward against the console behind him.

"She'buy'ce!" the clone snapped, cradling his head where he'd struck it against a panel. Shooting the Jedi a dark look, the clone snapped, "THIS is why Order 66 happened."

This is why Order 66 happened, Sor-Jan mimicked, mouthing the words as he rolled his head from side-to-side. Flipping a series of switched, the Corellian Anzat began working the air brakes for the craft. The sudden aerodynamic drag created violent tremors through the craft, as though the boys were flying an earthquake through the air.

"What are you doing, sleemo!" the clone boy demanded, almost in a panic.

"Reducing speed. Duh!" the Anzat snapped back, before something like an explosion rumbled behind them. Then the cockpit view dipped downward perilously, as the two boys found themselves with a god's eye view of a mountain range.

The cargo liner had broken apart, breaking into multiple pieces as it sailed toward the ground. And riding shotgun atop the pilot house, the pair of younglings just watched as the mountain hurried to become their landing pad.

Of course, being a Jedi Knight and Clone Trooper of the Grand Army of the Republic, neither boy was fazed by the impending threat of crashing. Trusting in the Force, quiet in their resolve and humble in their....

...yeah. That didn't happen.

Instead, the two boy's were competing to see who could scream like a girl the most.

Currently, the score was tied.

Saki

Objective: Saki Smash
Enemies: ?
[member="Nightmare"]

Saki was looking at her and she clenched her fists tighter until the knuckles were white but she knew that voice and wasn't registering it for a moment. "Yeah I know the darkness but unlike many I have known... I don't need to give into it to fight it back." She wasn't opposed to the fight and was moving now quick to close the gap and try to get into hand to hand range. Her game and skill set compared to many others and.... that voice. A little older she could hear it but there had to be more. The jedi knew ways to mimic another beings voice and she was certain the sith could do such a thing. She moved forward pushing and pulling at the earth to shape it and bring it up to fall out from under her as a pitfall.

Objective: Set up Defenses/Intercept Falling starcraft

As the Padawan gunned his engine and turned into it, something caught his eye. Specifically, the descending starship. It was accompanied by the flickers of flame from re-entry, and the engines were fitful at best. They weren't running as the vessel neared the ground, and even from two klicks away there was a nasty ruckus as the fighter hit the ground. It had to have been what, two kilometers away? Close enough for the two of them to be the nearest responders.

Instead of heading in the direction of his next location, Audren hit the throttle and hurtled towards the downed spacecraft. His companion also hit the throttle, but only recognized seconds later that the Sephi was not moving with him, but at an angle. There was a flash of annoyance and confusion through the Force as the other shifted course to match, but as he was gunning the speeder bike for all it was worth, there was no way the other Jedi could catch up.

Given the relative speeds of the speeder bikes, Audren and his partner should have been able to arrive at the approximate crash site in seconds, a minute tops. There happened to be a village in the way however, just their luck, which meant they had to either slow down going through it or go around. The Padawan chose to go around, holding his throttle to max and simply arcing around the village. As lightly populated as it was, the place took up a fair bit of space. Apparently these people didn't like their neighbors much or something. What should have been a minute turned into multiple minutes, but he eventually got around the place and headed to the dust cloud.

The source of that dust cloud ended up being a small field that had barely been long enough to handle the skidding starfighter. An X-wing, and if he was reading the symbols right one from the Republic. Interesting. Just past the downed fighter a lone humanoid headed towards the Temple, followed by an astromech droid. The droid was having a bit of trouble with the more rural land as opposed to a city street, but was handling admirably all things considered. As was the humanoid; in fact, Audren was impressed the man was walking at all. He circled once, close enough to spot the lightsaber at the man's waist, then slowed to a stop just a few meters away.

"Impressive that you're still walking after that landing, if that's what it could be called."

[member="Aston Jacobs"]

[Post = 4/20]

Objective: Getting over herself
Allies: [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
Enemies: [member="Arrbi Betna"] | [member="Draco Vereen"]

Corvus moved swiftly. She’d covered more miles on these grounds than any Jedi in the past dozen years — that much was true. She even knew of the secret places — like the common room only accessible via the roof that every new intake of Padawans thinks they alone had discovered. Until they see the initials of those who went before carved into the stone that is. And yes…CR was amongst them.

But she realised that if she couldn’t cope with the departure from Ossus, she had no right being the GrandMaster. ‘Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.’ How many times had she said that to Padawans?

So she made her way quickly to the main area of activity. The Archives. There was no Librarian, as there was nothing left to administer. But copies on the two Praxeum could easily be brought here. Empty shelves were a forlorn sight. The Jedi Order owed it to their friends and fellow Jedi to give them a sort of house-warming present.

And she was right. The area was busy. And as well as Coci and Thurion, that she recognised, she also saw two more whose faces were familiar. One had left the service of the Republic to join the Techno Union — and had faced the Republic on behalf of the One Sith on more than one occasion. The other was known to have been involved in the raid on the mines on Ruusan.

It was obvious their intentions were less than honourable. And perhaps foolish. They were surrounded by Jedi. Their means of escape zero. But Corvus held her tongue. Coci was engaging them in conversation. So she simply bowed by way of introduction and listened to their story. Ready to correct any anomalies if necessary, she held on to Braith's staff as she heard the story unfold.

Objective: Have fun with the frogs

(9)

They are big, very big and so colourful. Théo stood amazed by all the frogs that had fell out of the canopy, and they are still coming. Ones on the ground sat croaking or moving about and curiosity got the better of him, he picked on up. A loud noise came from the tree frog, indignation of being handled by something so foreign and so Théo went to put it down but found he could not. It was stuck to his hand, no matter what he tried, the frog would not budge.

Thud!

Now he had one on his head, sticker pads taking hold of his hair and cheek, a smelly substance oozed out to the body and ran down his cheek and this frog was not going away either. Before he knew it, Théo had four more attached to his body.

He shook his hand trying to dislodge the frog but it was no good. So he decided the best thing to do was go back to his parents to see if they could help. He stepped carefully through the bed of tree frogs on the pathway until reaching the lawn of the Temple once more. What a sight he was, covered in goo and frogs.

Objective: Grand Masterful Hugs
Allies: [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Arrbi Betna"] | [member="Draco Vereen"]

Their reason for being there caused him to raise an eyebrow. There were some plotholes, which Coci made sure to point out as she joined him while he merely stood stroking his beard in pondering fashion. He didn't distrust the two Mandalorians for being there - the place had been emptied of most information, surely, but the way they went about trying to get the information they were after seemed a bit suspicious. Either way, as his wife initiated dialogue with Arrbi and Draco, another had wandered into the room. A seemingly broken spirit, no doubt crushed by the recent events. His hands dropped to his sides as his attention was instantly focused on her. "Corvus," he greeted her, not with a smile but a concerned look on his face. Her emotional turmoil was obvious to him.

"I'm... I'm so sorry." What else could he say? In a way he felt guilty for not being able to keep this from happening - Ossus was right on their footstep, yet he was powerless to stop the Republic from losing its grip on the Jedi world. Despite not counting himself among Corvus' closest friends, Thurion simply walked up to her and put his arms around her, one Grandmaster to another. Force knows she looked as if she were to collapse if left on her own.

Objective: Saki
Enemies: Unknown / [member="Saki"]

Stubborn as ever. She hadn't registered the voice at first because she was so set on smashing things that it was getting in the way of her better judgment. This was something that Niamh still needed to change about her Master. The woman's bullheadishness was dangerously close to the same way that the Sith reacted to most things. It had long disturbed her, but she'd let it go before. She wouldn't let it go now.

"No, Saki. Do you know what it is like to be subjected to the darkness? To be imprisoned by it, no chance for light?"

Then came the shaping as Saki came at her. Niamh moved again, almost casually, as she flitted effortlessly around the field, avoiding the pitfalls and rising earth that the woman was creating for her. How? Because she remained calm and collected. She remained in control, rather than giving in to emotion.

"Stop fighting and think. I've grown much stronger than you remember me as."

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Mission: Become Outboxed

“Uhhhhh….yep!” Nato freeze, then passing her box over, she pressed her palms together, turning them, feeling a light breeze brush by. “Thanks!” Arms inward, shoulders just slightly down, she followed beside Elpsis with swinging kind of half step. Fyor’s turn for eye rolling at her, he’d had to argue for each box that she’d given him, only his eyes were twitchy and not all that fun, Nato gave him a playful knowing look of oh shut up! as he walked past them. Friends looking out for each other, more said at a glance than any words could.

Beautiful, erm, did she just say that, she did, was that just her imagination again? All Nato managed was a happy glance down then up, and her bright smile watching Elpsis walk. Was she meant to say something oh yep! “Natoline, I’m just here with y’know,” don’t be stupid nato she knows that, “but you probably kinda know that” She had one of those, powerful faces, was she looking again following the details of her face, nope, nope, no sir! Finding herself removing troubling strands of hair from her eyes.

“You? Are you, y’know, with them too,” she wasn’t sure who was who, palms breaking contact and tapping each other together lightly, her finger tips interlinked, pulling. Wondering who she was and where she came from, "silvers I mean?"

(4)
[member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

Where were they supposed to take the boxes anyway? Eh, whatever. Presumably the cute, possibly robotic engineer guy and his crew knew, so Elpsis would just follow them. Most of her attention was focused on Natoline anyway, so it's not like it really mattered to her. One could not accuse the redhead of not having her priorities figured out!

A bit further away from them, folks were making important conversation. About whether the Silvers had abandoned the Republic in its hour of need, about how Ossus must be fortified etc. Another one of this writer's characters might have contributed to such talk, perhaps productively, perhaps not. However, Elpsis presently found Nato a lot more interesting. Actually Elpsis did not know she was with the Silvers, but the girl was just so entertaining quirky. "Natoline, huh? That's a nice name." It totally was. The channelling of cheesy vids intensifies. "No, I ain't with the Silvers. I'm just tagging along. Kerri sent me here. You don't look like a Jedi to me...you're way too cute."

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
8/20

Matsu continued to look through the labs, they were setting them up and opening the different crates that remained as she set one of the drones to record what they had. "Start working on an inventory and keeping track, we might get lucky." SHe wasn't going to get ahead of herself or well speed itno things but getting as much information as they could. She wasn't planning to endanger her researchers or herself while they worked on disabling the traps for Ryn and his team as well as others if they came down. "Ryn'dhal we're getting the traps disabled where we can, look for a main entrance if you can."

Saki

Enemies: Unknown / [member="Nightmare"]

Saki could hear her and while the girl moved away she crouched low and ready for a fight while she kept her fists ready for anything and spoke digging her feet into the ground while she was bracing herself. "Yeah then why come back now? You were missing and we looked but if it was this easy there would have to be a reason." She was careful and paranoid, having been in the republic enough as she saw jedi disappear and come back as darksiders... or just falling while in the order and continue to remain around. It was just something she had dealt with while she remained there with her muscles tense and ready to strike.

Enemies: Unknown/[member="Saki"]

Niamh would have killed herself rather than fall to the darkside. It would have been a better death than succumbing to the thing that she had dedicated her life to fighting against. Not just her life, though. The corporation that she had built from nothing was dedicated to the defeat and destruction of the axis powers of the galaxy. If she had become one of those axis powers, she would have entirely gone against her very being.

"Because I felt like I could handle seeing you again."

Yes, there were things wrong with Niamh, certainly. But at least she was alive, and still somewhat herself.

"A lot happened while I was gone. Those things you saw, that I showed you, were real. All of it. I can show you the wounds to prove it. I suffered immensely. And in the end, I couldn't bear myself. I couldn't bring myself to come back to you for a long time."

Saki

Objective: Fun

Saki remained there for a heartbeat longer while she was listening to it all. Thoughts on the woman who had disappeared from the order and she rose up. Remaining ready for anything but watching her now with a less tense stance. She didn't move close yet but brought an arm out and to the side while looking at the temple. "Well we'll just have to work on healing you." She remained standing there while walking to the side. "Come on, if you went through all that and waited to see me or return then there will have to be something we can do for you." Now the real important questions could come of what to do about her or how to help her... thankfully they had some of the best medical equipment to protect and help both scientific and force based.

Allies: [member="Saki"] ?
Enemies: Unknown

"I don't want to be healed, Saki."

She didn't. She wasn't the person that Saki remembered. The bubbly, overly eccentric, and blunt woman that Saki had known years ago was gone. She didn't even refer to herself as Niamh anymore because in her mind, she wasn't. She wasn't anything but Nightmare, and she never stopped being anything but Nightmare. That was who she was now because she didn't want to be anything else. As strange as it was, she even hated her old self.

Reaching up, she pushed back her hood to reveal that her hair was still long and white. Her silver eyes stared at Saki almost impassively. There was still a hint of her in there, of her feelings, but it was only a hint. Next she lowered the mask, and then the cloak came off. She let it drop. Next her top, revealing that she was wrapped in cloth underneath to keep herself modest, but revealing most of all where her flesh had been largely stripped away, leaving garrish, red and purple splotches all across her body. There were noticeable teeth marks and disfigurement as well. It was all healed, but looked as if it weren't.

"This is who I am now. Niamh is gone. Only Nightmare remains."

Saki

Objective: Fun

Saki was looking at her and lowered her arm while she moved over starring at the wounds and everything. Her eyes taking it in and not saying anything for the time being. Instead she just moved within range and listened to her former padawan raising an eyebrow before bringing her eyes to meet hers. "Yes well Nightmare is very sith and dark jedi like. You might not be but you know and have seen how some can overreact when they have the thought in their head of someone being darkside." She stood there crossing her arms and finding something for her hands to do instead of just grabbing the girl and pulling her close. That was what you did to comfort someone you cared about and for right? She was asking the question to herself and she was glad sme of the others weren't here. Didn't know what they might do.

Objective: Get help getting the frogs off!
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | @Mother | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Arrbi Betna"]

(10)

It was slow going moving across the lawns to the Temple steps, legs splayed and arms held out from his body, Théo did not want to hurt the frogs attached. Although he was feeling more and more uncomfortable with the goo now wetting his clothing and the smell! Even he found it disgusting. And he would not for the life of him work out why one of the frogs had moved to piggy-back position on another.

Step by step he took with deliberate fashion up the steps until reaching the main entrance and entering to find his parents. His force senses telling him where they are and soon found them in a small library with some others present. The smell of the frogs would enter the room before Théo and he stood on the threshold to see two man engaging with mother and then escorted from the room. Théo had no idea what that was about, besides he had more important issues that need attention. These silly frogs!

"Err.. I think I might need some help", he said a little sheepishly as he walked in.

Allies: [member="Saki"]
Enemies: None

She allowed Saki to move over and examine her being. As much as she wanted to push the woman away, she restrained herself so that she could look her over.

"Nightmare was and is my Shadow callsign. You must keep that secret."

When Saki moved to embrace herself, she stood watching. Deep within she still loved Saki, but she could not manifest that love except as a feeling. She just couldn't do it. After everything that had been done to her, she could not be the person that she was before. She was hardened, solid, stout. She would never be the person that Saki remembered. So she made no move to embrace the woman, because she could not.

But she did still love her, and that was what mattered. She was not so far gone as to have lost that.

"I am not a darksider, Saki. I only strive to do what must be done, and what the safety of this galaxy demands. Those that did these things to me and those like them will be cleansed."

While Jedi and Mandalorians had their little talk, [member="Valiens Nantaris"] spoke with the Republic's Supreme Commander and Elpsis tried to hit on Natoline, Firemane engineers and labour droids were busy at work setting up the defences for Ossus. Or rather the first layer of them, for presumably their work would take a while.

But surveys had been made and suitable locations chosen. The Republic Jedi might be leaving, but the Coalition had claimed the planet or rather assumed guardianship over it. Whatever the case may be, that was of no concern to the Firemane contractors, for they simply had a job to do. Esoteric debates between Jedi sects did not figure in these calculations.

A shield generator would be set up to cover the Temple and some of the native settlements close to it. Concealed Tempest cannons, planetary turbolasers designed to blast capital ships out of orbit, would be installed in the mountains, bunkers and heavy weapons emplacements set up along with entrenchment. The local militia would receive training and Firemane-designed equipment so that they would be of use in the case of invasion. Perhaps they would even be more than redshirts. One could always hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom