Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Application The Founding of the Hutt Space Consortium

QCyCuTa.png

Name: Hutt Space Consortium

OOC Heirarchy:

IC Hierarchy:
Form of Government:
Oligarchic Shadow State

• The Consortium: a shadow government made up of the heads of the most powerful criminal syndicates who operate in, have interests in, or substantial ties to Hutt Space. These criminal oligarchs wield the true power within the so-called “legitimate” planetary governments. Officially, there is no such thing as the Consortium and the planets run themselves. Unofficially, the syndicates have already begun dividing up their territory, creating entire regions subject to each gang’s sway.
  • The Syndicates: the consortium only enjoys success due to the combined efforts of its syndicate members, each acting independently of each other. While there are occasionally turf disputes, the crime lords have ensured that the priority remains returning Hutt Space to a thriving hub of illicit activity.
    • The Kraken Coalition
    • The Family
    • The Exchange
    • The Pykes
    • The Hutt Cartels
  • The Military: There is no such thing as the Consortium military. Although the closest thing would likely be the Glorious Hutt Space Defense Armada. The syndicates, if attacked, would lean upon their own unique expertise. The Kraken Coalition would pirate the shipping and logistics of the enemy with their small, nimble vessels. The Family and Exchange would utilize information dossiers on corrupt enemy officials to bribe and blackmail. The Pykes would kidnap family members of hostile politicians. Even the Hutt kajidics would prefer to rely on economic sanctions rather than the might of their vassal-provided soldiers.
Requested Hexes:
  • Kwenn - Capital
  • Varl
  • Sakiya
Interested Members:
D E S C R I P T I O N:

The Hutt Space Consortium is a kleptocratic shadow government ruled by oligarchs from a number of criminal syndicates who have come to a mutual understanding and seek to better the goals of the consortium, while each furthering their own bottomline. They have set their eyes on retaking Hutt Space and seek to re-establish a section of space where the underworld can thrive, free from the rigid confines of so-called "civilized" nations’ morality.

The Pitch:

Criminal factions have existed on Chaos nearly from the beginning in one form or another. However, in almost every case they were minor factions. The few times there have been major factions with a criminal focus they have been focused on a specific syndicate, such as the Red Ravens, Black Sun, and Hutt Cartel. The goal of the Hutt Space Consortium is to consolidate all the syndicates and criminal elements under one roof, creating a wretched hive where you do not have to be a Hutt or a member of a specific syndicate to become a force within the faction. Such a consortium also allows the criminal side of Star Wars to touch the map and exert real control over planets. Having so many competing criminal elements within the same faction also affords unique opportunities for internal faction strife to propel interesting stories if the map game grows slow. Additionally, a criminal major faction provides the opportunity for writers to explore more creative invasions and MF vs MF storylines. For instance, instead of launching a planetary invasion with ground forces, the HSC would instead try to accomplish other objectives like kidnapping, blackmail, extortion, slicing, information brokering, ransoming, assassinating, and guerrilla warfare.

Past Roleplay Threads:

~359 posts in 30 days of existence, not including private threads.

Minor Faction Founded: 20 February 2022

Miscellaneous Request: if approved, can we please get a shade of green for the map

Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

Last edited:
I want ya'll to know it's going to be a yes from me when the Admins vote on it but I'm -1'ing you for being the first to put an application inside an unecessary div.

u get unecessary style points

but they don't outweigh the -1 scrollbar points

like why are you so extra just be hutts

glhf hope ya'll pass if the admins vote you down this post will be hilarious in hindsight

edit: and possibly seen as bullying pls cancel me

edit edit: if ur easily offended i straight up hate you

edit edit edit: karkosuchus's avatar offsets the -1 i love lizardfolk characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom